Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chief Justice John Roberts

Closet queen?

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2020 4:41 AM

Ah do declare that he was my favorite gentleman caller. He was most appreciative of my prize winning lemon bars.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2015 3:32 AM

Hot daddy, Red Dragon cheese and frosting eater.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2015 3:35 AM

Married very late. Adopted two kids.

Chief Justice John Roberts is a closeted homophobic queen.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2015 4:55 AM

Please pass the quiche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2015 5:41 AM

Even his dissent was SO GAY!

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2015 5:49 AM

Loser Libertarian. It's not his fault. All of NW Indiana is a toxic chemical cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2015 5:58 AM

Cruising the Supreme Court hallways...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2015 6:03 AM

Isn't his sister a lez?

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2015 6:14 AM

r7, that pic is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2015 3:34 PM

Guuuuuuurl

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2015 3:53 PM

Yes, John Roberts is gay. Find the two guys in this photo--and they will tell you for sure. That guuurl is fooling no one.

Roberts is a the worst kind of closet queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2015 4:41 PM

^ So many cookies being sniffed in that picture

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2015 4:45 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2015 12:30 AM

In the closet as far as the general population is concerned (and many probably wouldn't even know who he is), but among certain circles in DC, people know his story.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2015 12:39 AM

What is his story, r14? Scat queen? Fister? Cross-dressing? Or just plain ol' vanilla farmboy sex on the hay stacks?

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2015 12:42 AM

r14, details please! Is he in into rent boys like much of the DC gay elite?

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2015 12:43 AM

That's the rumor, OP.

But if he is gay, he certainly didn't rule in favor of gay marriage yesterday.

Maybe he was worried about being found out by the social conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2015 12:55 AM

He keeps to himself, but he sure does like the freshly baked plate of cookies sotomayor brings in from time to time

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2015 12:59 AM

r17, that makes more sense compared to his bogus dissent about the "the blowing winds" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2015 1:00 AM

For whatever reason, Roberts is willing to back Obamacare, but not gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2015 1:10 AM

D.C. rent boys, where are you?

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2015 1:15 AM

Aspergers. Nightmares on dates.

Same for POTUS hopeful John Kasich. Repugs found him a wife at age 45, then turkey-basted her with twins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2015 1:16 AM

He pings to me, too, and I think he's a handsome man.

I was very surprised that he didn't vote for gay marriage, especially considering he attempted to couch it as sexual discrimination, rather than sexual preference. If you read his dissent, though, he oddly seems to be imply that gays SHOULD be able to get married, but there just isn't a constitutional justification for it, so he voted against it. It was a curious dissent.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2015 1:21 AM

"Aspergers. Nightmares on dates."

Are you speaking from personal experience?

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2015 1:26 AM

Apparently

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2015 1:30 AM

I haven't read Roberts' ruling, but I'm curious what he had to say about the first question: Whether same sex marriages performed elsewhere should be recognized in a state that doesn't allow their residents to gay marry. (This is a separate question from whether there is a fundamental right to marry same sex.) What did he say about this first question?

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2015 1:33 AM

r7 wins

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2015 1:33 AM

Er, I meant Roberts' dissent.

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2015 1:34 AM

[quote]Maybe he was worried about being found out by the social conservatives.

Conservatives have hated him ever since he voted in favor of Affordable Care Act. Ann Coulter hated him before he was appointed and wrote a column ripping him apart.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2015 1:35 AM

r26. He implies that he agrees with the majority, but that it wasn't something the court should have decided.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2015 1:39 AM

Thanks, r30. Then Roberts makes no sense to me, since this issue can only be addressed as a matter of federal jurisdiction.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2015 1:48 AM

r26

The Supreme Court has never applied the Full Faith and Credit Clause to marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2015 1:55 AM

R31 - he thinks it's a matter for Congress, not the courts.

Asperger's seems like a ridiculous theory to me - you don't get to that level of achievement without (among other things) social skills.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2015 2:03 AM

R26, you COULD of course bother to read the easily accessed ruling and dissents, and not ask others to do the homework you're wondering about but are too lazy to do.

And, of course, the order of the questions, through the proceedings, have been set in the opposite order of what you insist on. But I'll respond, as the price of my pissiness at your being such a typical little nimnuts.

Roberts focused on the main issue, Question 1, and with the Court finding a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, thanks to the 14th Amendment, Question 2 really didn't matter, to him or anyone else. Question 2 mattered only if the first issue was not settled in favor of our equal right to due process.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2015 2:06 AM

Thanks, r34. I assumed others would have already read the opinion and could toss off an terse one or two sentence summary without being a pedantic cunt. Apparently I was only partially correct (see r33).

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2015 2:09 AM

[quote]I was very surprised that he didn't vote for gay marriage,

Anyone surprised by that should retire from the SCOTUS prognostication game.

[quote]If you read his dissent, though, he oddly seems to be imply that gays SHOULD be able to get married

No, he really didn't. Rather, he put words in to invite you to read him that way but if you've paid attention to what a shameless fucking liar and poser the man is, you'd see how insincere those words are. It doesn't take 29 pages to say "I would vote at the ballot box to extend marriage rights to same sex couples, I just don't believe it's the place of the Supreme Court to dictate that outcome for the entire country." It's a game to him. He loves it when he gets an opportunity to act reasonable (notice how rarely this happens with him as the deciding vote), and gain the approval of the mainstream that so desperately wants to believe he's not the intellectually dishonest, politically motivated hack any "just calling strikes and balls" analysis would conclude him to be. It doesn't matter that the right wing freaks out at him at those points, because he's smart enough to know that generating some disgust from that quarter just gives his right wing opinions (aka most of them) more legitimacy.

I think the only reason he sounded conciliatory at oral arguments was because he was pretty certain Kennedy would vote for gay marriage and so assumed that this was the case he would use as a sop to the left. Roberts would join for a 6-3 majority, possibly assigning the opinion to himself and this would help salve the wound he intended to deliver to the ACA. But Kennedy fucked him over by voting to save ACA, so Roberts switched his vote on that case instead, joined for a 6-3 majority, assigned himself the opinion (and still managed to toss a sop to the idiot architects of the plaintiffs' case), and was free to vote his true beliefs on gay marriage. It's all a scam. The man knows he is a fucking fraud and he doesn't care because he believes in the righteousness of his outcomes.

If you want an example of what "this is a dumb law, but it's not the Supreme Court's job to change it" looks like, check out Clarence Thomas' dissent in Lawrence v. Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2015 2:11 AM

Kennedy's opinion was so poignant and logical, that anyone who disagrees with it could be termed a homophobe.

Or a closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2015 2:11 AM

What's the deal with his wife?

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2015 4:23 PM

knowing beard. $$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2015 4:52 PM

Pings in person. Somewhat handsome (not trollish but not movie star looks either). Not sure what the story is with his wife, whether it's a lavender marriage or just on his part.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2015 6:00 PM

r40, when did you meet him?

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2015 9:55 PM

He does look good for 60.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2015 9:59 PM

I read on the Deep Dark Web that he frequents a certain establishment on K Street.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2015 10:06 PM

[quote]Pings in person. Somewhat handsome (not trollish but not movie star looks either). Not sure what the story is with his wife, whether it's a lavender marriage or just on his part.

Perhaps it's similar to the Hastert marriage?

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2015 10:10 PM

I wonder if he is getting blackmailed by ex-tricks....

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2015 12:04 AM

Although I'm glad the SCOTUS approved gay marriage, and Kennedy's opinion had some lovely passages in it, I wish that it hadn't all been made to have been about recognizing "love." To me, love had nothing to do with it. Marriage had nothing to do with it. For me, it was a clear case of equal rights, period. I think all this "love wins" nonsense obscures the fact that gays were being denied equality. If Kennedy's opinion discussed this more than "I just want to be loved, is that so wrong", it would have better-set the stage for the upcoming battles of getting housing and job protection. I almost wonder if NOT support equality was part of the reason Kennedy's opinion didn't address that.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2015 2:21 AM

Roberts, schmoberts! Let's talk about COLTON HAYNES!

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2015 2:33 AM

He loves whips And chains

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2015 2:34 AM

One important question about Roberts:

Top or bottom?

My bet is insatiable bottom. Likes it doggy style.

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2015 4:03 AM

Stupid pig.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2015 4:04 AM

[R6] is correct. I'm from NW Indiana (still live here, hoping to move to Indianapolis next year), and we're known for pretty much these things:

1. the "ghetto trio" of Gary, Hammond, and East Chicago 2. industrialism, albeit a very fast-declining one 3. being Chicago suburbs 4. generic quality of life 5. being the only solidly blue county in an otherwise generally red state

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2015 4:11 AM

I'm from Calumet City and I loved Hammond. The best Goldblatt's was there.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2015 5:00 AM

Don't forget floods and dunes

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2015 3:17 PM

Does anyone else recall a DLer who said Roberts either cruised or tried to pick him up in DC, I think at or around Dupont Circle?

by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2015 6:21 PM

JR: trembling, half-clothed frottage is probably the limit of his homosex experience.

by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Wolf Lake, isn't that near the storm drain the homosex murderers stuffed the boys body?

by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2015 6:35 PM

[R52]: Isn't that from a bygone era? My Mom used to talk about Goldblatts, and she said that closed down in the 70s or so.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2015 4:04 AM

[[R55]]: Nah, John Roberts comes off as the insatiable bottom type.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2015 11:24 PM

Regardless, he is a very handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2015 1:36 AM

Is he a tinymeat bottom like me?

by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2015 1:37 AM

[[R59]]: No doubt. He comes off as the Cary Grant or Robert Redford type in terms of looks. He has that "classical man" look.

by Anonymousreply 61October 14, 2015 3:12 AM

He's a cute dude.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2018 11:00 PM

I bet he got lots of dick back in the day

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2018 4:10 PM

R7 You make a good argument...

by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2020 4:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!