Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind item about a closeted athlete

Who is this? Missy Aaron, or someone else?:

A certain professional athlete from one of the big three sports is getting very frustrated about being in the closet. He is tired of having to hide his personal life and sidelining his real-life partner.

In spite of admonitions to keep it subtle, he is making plans to have his boyfriend sit right next to his parents at every game next season. Every time the camera goes to them after he makes a good play, the audience will see them hugging and high-fiving a mysterious, good-looking guy.

Since our athlete is a star who makes a lot of good plays, get used to seeing the boyfriend a LOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2018 6:54 PM

These sports BI's never pan out.

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2015 12:07 AM

Aaron Rodgers

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2015 12:12 AM

Why do people believe this crap?

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2015 12:13 AM

Are the big three sports football, basketball, and hockey? If so, my guess would be someone from the Dallas Stars. Who on the Dallas Stars makes a lot of "good plays" and has gay rumors surrounding him?

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2015 12:18 AM

big three are football, basketball, and baseball (sorry hockey).

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2015 12:28 AM

I vote for a baseball player! DL needs new gay rumors for the Boys of Summer.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2015 12:37 AM

Cricket! The Brits are playing the Aussies in The Ashes soon.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2015 12:42 AM

It's about an... ice skater!

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2015 12:44 AM

It can't be football, cameras don't pan to parents after every good play. I honestly can't even remember the networks showing parents at all, except for when the playoffs start. Baseball doesn't have that many exciting moments either.

Maybe somebody in basketball? It has a smaller setting.

Unless it is Rodgers. And maybe coverage varies from team to team.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2015 12:46 AM

I say a football player. There are too many basketball & baseball games in a season to go to every game.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2015 12:46 AM

R10, you'd be a horrible boyfriend to this poor, closeted, pro-athlete!

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2015 12:49 AM

I've watched enough football to know that quarterback's wives are often a go-to for the camera's after noteworthy plays.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2015 12:56 AM

r9 Archie Manning begs to differ.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2015 1:09 AM

"Every time the camera goes to them after he makes a good play, the audience will see them hugging and high-fiving a mysterious, good-looking guy."

Ah, the duties of a football wife! I miss those days

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2015 1:14 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2015 1:44 AM

Oh my gosh R4. I think you read my mind.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2015 2:07 AM

Sidney Crosby?

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2015 2:29 AM

It sounds like a baller or quarterback. I say quarterback because the AA community is the majority of the NBA, and it's still quite conservative. Anyone who follows either league would probably know what star players have loyal parents at the games.

It's definitely not a hockey player, and no r4 Seguin is not coming out anytime soon, unless he gets caught with his dick in a man. He also needs to stop getting so drunk he nails trannies, but that's another issue.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2015 4:58 AM

Hockey is not one of the big three! So Crosby and the Dallas Stars are out. We should try to start a rumor about Sidney Crosby doing the Dallas Stars, though.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2015 5:56 AM

Ok, who is a big name in badminton?

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2015 6:06 AM

What about that heavily tattoo sexy juicy butt quarterback who plays for the San Fran 49ers. I can't recall his name but damn, I want to hit that.

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2015 12:51 AM

^ Kaepernick is straight

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2015 1:02 AM

r22, Damn!

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2015 1:06 AM

It's football (soccer to the US) and it is Renaldo.

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2015 1:25 AM

Soccer is not big three. It's, like, #7, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2015 2:00 AM

Was it proven that most blinds are made up?

Either way, I have two guesses.

The first is Ronaldo, one of the biggest athletes in the world. rumors about his sexuality for years.

The second is JJ Watt of the Houston Texans. Confirmed bachelor who has no time for a gf; great player who makes a lot of great plays.

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2015 2:08 AM

I watch the whole nba season, off the top of my head the players whose parent(s) they show the most often are curry, griffin, klay thompson, Drose (mom), KD (mom), klove, ...maybe brad beal....i dont think any of them are gay

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2015 9:48 PM

R20, most people think it's bad-MITTEN.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2015 10:04 PM

r 9 is correct, NFL and MLB broadcasts never show wives unless they are married to someone famous. When Tony Romo was dating Carrie Underwood they would pan to her once in awhile but not much. Paris Hilton loved the air time when she dated Chicago Bear Brian Ulacher.

During the NBA playoffs MVP Steph Curry's Mom was shown a lot. It made sense she is a beautiful women also. It must be an NBA player a lot of the players in the league had fathers who also played in the NBA and they are constantly mentioned and shown in the stands with the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2015 10:22 PM

CR7's father is dead and his mother is recovering from breast cancer, so it's unlikely to be Ronaldo in this BI.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2015 10:40 PM

R27 Durant like never has a girlfriend and I read somewhere that he has a housemate for many years or at least had until a few years ago. Don't know what Kevin Love's issues are, but I don't know about him having a girlfriend or wife either, and he is quite an introvert and not social, don't think he is gay, but still, he does seem to have some problems.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2015 10:47 PM

^ Durant has had a girlfriend. He was engaged to some WNBA player a while back.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2015 11:09 PM

Tell us more gossip about Kevin Love. He's soooo cute.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2015 7:22 AM

Hmm hadn't thought about JJ Watt, could be him. They really don't show the families too much in pro football though.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2015 8:03 AM

R25 doesn't have a passport or a television. Globally, soccer is pretty much the big one.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2015 8:07 AM

R35 - In the US, the NFL/MLB/NBA make up the Big 3, with the NHL being 4th. Americans only care about soccer when the World Cup is on.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2015 8:20 AM

Lance Moore?

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2015 7:00 PM

Doesn't Lance Moore have a girlfriend or wife?

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2015 7:59 PM

JJ Watt...he has already been outed in a couple of gossip columns. I was shocked myself.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2015 9:03 PM

this blind item can be aplied to a soccer player in europe, the thing is that this player always brings his mum to his matches and sometimes, his mum appears with " a friend of him". Sadly it seems that the club he is playing for has force him into having a girldfriend, wich seems to make him truly uncomfortable, but this BI is based in the USA isn't it

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2015 8:38 PM

"this blind item can be aplied to a soccer player in europe"

No. This is an American site - big three in America is baseball, basketball, and football

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2015 11:41 PM

yes I know,

by Anonymousreply 42July 3, 2015 8:49 AM

More about Kevin Love! Are we sure Curry isn't closeted? Any rumors at all about anyone on OKC Thunder?

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2016 7:10 AM

I don't follow NBA as closely as I used to. Is it true that the new head coach of Lakers is family? Luke Walton?

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2016 7:40 AM

It's true that blind items are made up.

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2016 8:47 AM

[quote]he is making plans to have his boyfriend sit right next to his parents at every game next season. Every time the camera goes to them after he makes a good play, the audience will see them hugging and high-fiving a mysterious, good-looking guy.

It's made up. See above quote.

If he is MAKING plans, that means he hasn't done it. So it says he is MAKING plans for next season. Then the next sentence says the audience sees his parents hugging a good looking mysterious guy.

Which is is?

If the event is true, that means there are two men. His boyfriend who has yet to be seen and then there are his parents who just happen to hug another different man.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2016 12:03 PM

r45, there are blind items that were later proven to be true (like all the John Travolta ones)

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2016 3:07 PM

There should be a general sports gossip thread.

I'm surprised there aren't more basketball threads. A bunch of fit, manly, sweaty guys who move well. Admittedly, I like the game.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2016 5:36 AM

It's definitely not JJ Watt. We're totally dating. See this picture of us together at a party the other week?

Oh shit, my movie already bombed. Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2016 6:50 AM

LOL, r49!

r48, speaking of basketball rumored downlow guy Richard Jefferson has been playing well for the Cavs

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2016 12:24 AM

JJ Watt and Kate Hudson are the best sports fauxmance since Sandra Bullock and Troy Aikman!

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2016 1:27 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2016 4:04 AM

KevinLove is hot

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2016 4:34 AM

^ I like Kevin Love, too

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2016 4:35 AM

I remember reading a thread on DL regarding NBA players and Richard jefferson was named, so was Vince carter, and Luke walton. Not 100 percent sure tho. my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2016 4:37 AM

Anyone see JJ Watt hosting the CMT awards. Let's just say he really wants people to think he's really into women.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2016 4:39 AM

I'd Love to be Kevin's sperm receptacle.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2016 4:43 AM

[quote]If he is MAKING plans, that means he hasn't done it. So it says he is MAKING plans for next season. Then the next sentence says the audience sees his parents hugging a good looking mysterious guy.

The next sentence says the audience WILL see his parents hugging the mysterious guy. Please learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2016 8:39 AM

There is no such thing as the "Big Three" when talking about worldwide competitive professional sports. The BI is clearly referring to the very well known and commonly touted American big three leagues.

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2016 8:42 AM

Kevin Love is gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2016 9:55 AM

This was written early last year. Football is over this season. And basketball and hockey are almost over, and baseball is fully underway. Nothing has happened, because these hardly are ever true, especially the sports BIs.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2016 3:21 PM

Mmm-mmmm. 6'10" of meaty goodness and nary a wife or girlfriend in sight.

I'll his tricks call him The Love Machine.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2016 3:46 PM

Let's reboot this. Kevin Love may be the hottest NBA dude...bi? Steph curry pings to high heaven. Has that smug cunty attitude you see with A list girls. Has LeBron tasted any of these?

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2018 4:16 PM

Bump Bitch

by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2018 4:20 PM

Arthur Lynch or Eric Decker please??? Even though Eric is a Trumptard...

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2018 4:27 PM

Let's point out to bump bitch and the rest of DL that the things predicted in this BI never happened. So what's the point of bumping it?

by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2018 4:32 PM

The only 2 things I have to add to this ancient thread is:

Aaron is and has been estranged from his parents for quite a while, so they would never be at his games. Steph Curry is 100% straight. He has a beautiful wife who he is crazy about(the spend nearly all their off the court time together making wacky videos for YT and you can tell that they have a really good relationship. They also have children, but I know that is not an indicator by itself. Yes, sometimes he comes across as cunty or bitchy. That is likely because he grew up with money and his talent is one of a kind, natural, "god" given. In other words, he has never had to work at anything or do without anything he has wanted.

I don't write off all blind items, but this one is a nothing burger. We would likely know by now if it were.

by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2018 4:47 PM

Love this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 22, 2018 5:12 PM

Your link is broken R68. The site says you aren't permitted to link to its images.

by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2018 5:16 PM

Hmm - I wonder if it's Christian boy Tim Tebow - there are rumors about him and he says he's too busy to have a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 70March 22, 2018 5:53 PM

JJ Watt with super-beard Caroline Wozniacki back in 2015:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 22, 2018 5:56 PM

Hey Lucifer, Tebow has not been on a team for 5 years now.

He is playing baseball for a farm team in my home town as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2018 6:22 PM

Sidney Crosby to block

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2018 6:30 PM

Watt has been outed several times in blinds in AGC.com. Allegedly he attempted to come out, but his handlers talked him out of it!

by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2018 6:34 PM

Kevin needs to do a fully frontal poster in that gold light. It would sell enough to eradicate the national debt.

by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2018 6:41 PM

Look at all the nice tags this thread has. If anyone bothered to use that function, we'd still have them today.

by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2018 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!