Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are gays so mean to each other ?

serious question

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Low self Esteem.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2015 2:00 AM

Not enough quality dick to go around.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2015 2:04 AM

Projection

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2015 2:05 AM

All men are mean to each other.

It's actually fun.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2015 2:11 AM

i WAS referring to gay women too :(

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2015 2:14 AM

Sorry! Sorry! Oh, honey. I honestly, in all my decades of gaybo living have seen both gay men and gay women support and be kind to each other more often than not.

I think it's a big show online. If your friends are seriously mean to you, get new friends is my policy.

r4 here

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2015 2:23 AM

R6, thank YOU!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2015 2:24 AM

Because I don't want to fuck you, OP.

If I'm not sexually attracted to you, I'm not going to waste my energy being nice to you.

I'm nice only to the hotties.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2015 2:25 AM

R8, YOU can still be friends with them

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2015 2:26 AM

r7 You're welcome. I've lived in large cities most all of my life, so it's easy for me to say.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2015 2:27 AM

R 10. Cleveland is NOT a large city.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2015 2:52 AM

For the love of God, won't someone PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2015 3:05 AM

I don't believe any guys when they said that they 're gay or gay as goose/as fuck...So 'm just turned away.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2015 7:25 AM

Straight guys are not mean to each other?

Generalizing is the sign of a narrow mind that needs to expand and see the diversity that exists out there.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2015 11:30 PM

OP, I can tell by the way you type that you're a fatty. Fatties don't deserve for people to be nice to them, whether they are gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2015 11:53 PM

Society teaches us to hate, fear and mock any form of same-sex affection between men more so than between women. Gay boys grow up internalizing those messages and grow up to be bitchy queens.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2015 11:59 PM

R1 and R16 are onto something. If you can get past all that shit, there's no closer bond you can make, though.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2015 12:02 AM

Competing for scarce resources (tops) turns you bitter and nasty over time.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2020 5:26 PM

Because are hearts are breaking.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2020 5:31 PM

Other people represent what you don't like about yourself. Also, you know you have to "answer" for negative things other gay men do - since, like any minority, people get painted with broad brush. The stress of bigotry but without the power or opportunity to deflect it to the proper place.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2020 5:32 PM

Almost all suppressed groups are hard on each other...

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2020 5:33 PM

I used to think that was something we had to put up with.

Until I realized that a few of my friends were just assholes.

I ditched them and never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2020 5:34 PM

People are mean to their own kind. They are the ones most like you. They are the ones you can't bear to see be cuter, richer, funnier, happier than you. Their accomplishments make you feel like the loser you know you are.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2020 5:34 PM

People are fun on here. I love them. Even the bitchy ones.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2020 5:34 PM

"People are mean to their own kind. They are the ones most like you. They are the ones you can't bear to see be cuter, richer, funnier, happier than you. "

This is true. People judge themselves against people in their own group. I think people should recognize this and relax a little and don't get so stressed out that their community isn't all kumbaya. Communities are good at coming together against an external threat and providing space for you to be "normal." But, in isolation, it's totally natural and predictable that there's going to be cliques, hierarchies, division, etc. within the community.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2020 5:38 PM

R6 has it right. I have been unfortunate in that I’ve had a couple of “friends” who thought it was cute to be an absolute cunt to some people around them. I ended up being the brunt of their shit, why I’m not even sure. Out of jealousy. low self esteem, because they were horrible broken human beings? It doesn’t matter. Get the fuck away from them and also their enablers, because there always those who keep allowing them to behave so badly. Being snarky is fun when it’s online or between friends who love each other and know which lines to not cross.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2020 5:41 PM

Years of being isolated and persecuted, called a “fag” by jocks etc. lead to anger issues.

Also, I believe since so often we get pushed to the outside of society in our early years we begin to intensely observe social hierarchies, to understand why we don’t fit in and then later in life we begin to stringently enforce them in our little gay circles. This is the reason so many gay men have this “can’t sit with us” mentality, they’re getting retaliation against the jocks, who’s cocks they wanted to suck, by being Queenie Cunts to other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2020 5:43 PM

Crabs out of a pot

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2020 6:00 PM

Because they read DL.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2020 6:09 PM

Self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2020 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!