Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The taming of the (gay male) shrew

Marriage.

Gaybies.

A conspiracy by the moral majority to tame gay men away from being the free-wheeling, sexually-free Peter Pans of yesteryear and conform to mainstream society?

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2020 3:24 AM

You think getting married and having babies makes a man [italic]less[/italic] shrewish?!

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2015 7:52 PM

Grow up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2015 7:58 PM

I don't see how encouraging committed relationships cannot be anything but good for the LGBT population. The days of dirty restroom fucking and bath houses are over. Hopefully with the freedom and acceptance of gay relationships there will be lower STD rates, depression, and suicide within our community. We appreciate the battles the older gays fought to get us where we are, but the gay community is changing for the better.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2015 8:19 PM

OP, no one's forcing you to give up your proclivity for non-stop, anonymous, unprotected, drug-fueled sex. If you feel ashamed by it, than that's on you.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2015 8:31 PM

It's the fucking 1950s all over again. This time it's "Mommy Knows Best."

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2015 8:49 PM

Oh God, how long will we be subjected to these whiny tirades from people who never left the 70's? They're just as delusional as those conservatives who think the 50's were the Golden Age.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2015 8:53 PM

30 years-old and have never seen a day in the '70s, R6! Believe it or not, not all of us Millennials are sex-negative genderqueers who want to conform to a "Modern Family" version of gay malehood.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2015 9:52 PM

No one has to get married. You may want to wait until your are in your 40s to settle down and start a family or you can just get old and die alone.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2015 11:48 PM

Yes, grindr and hookup apps are now at an all time low. The shrew has been tamed

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2015 11:53 PM

I agree with the OP, be single and happy, the world will be a better place. not when you're married, unhappy and with stupid kids.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2015 11:55 PM

I'M SICK OF ALL OF IT!

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2015 12:02 AM

"or you can just get old and die alone"

I got news for you, cupcake. We all die alone.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2015 12:06 AM

I agree, OP. They've taken away everything that was fun and sexy about being gay and turned us into desperate housewives.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2020 1:47 AM

Validate me for wanting to be a dirty slut.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2020 1:49 AM

You're right OP. Every day should be a trip to the Mineshaft.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2020 1:53 AM

We’ll pray.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote] A conspiracy by the moral majority to tame gay men away from being the free-wheeling, sexually-free Peter Pans of yesteryear and conform to mainstream society?

This makes no sense. The moral majority gets off by selling the idea that gays are immoral and slutty freaks. What you are describing is something that should be celebrated. We have the right to get married now--deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote] sexually-free Peter Pans

Are you Michael Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2020 2:06 AM

Funny -- you don't LOOK shrewish.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2020 2:09 AM

Some of my friends are shrews.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2020 2:22 AM

Don’t worry, OP. You can still be the fat whore that we all know you are. Just follow your heart.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2020 2:23 AM

I’d say it sounds like you need to get laid. But I guess that’s why we’re here.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2020 2:24 AM

sksisksk

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2020 3:00 AM

It's not a conspiracy by the moral majority, it's just what comes along with being more "accepted", especially in terms of mainstream media portrayals. You see all the Modern Family-type gays on sitcoms because that's the kind of thing sitcom writers know how to write. It's better than when every gay character was either a terrible villain or a suicidal AIDS patient.

I think you also see more gay males now wanting a typical white picket fence life because it's much more possible now. I'm 32, and growing up I already made my peace with the idea that I'd never have children and might never get married, but for people only a few years younger than me, those were always options in their minds. They never had to really think outside the box to decide what they wanted their lives to be like because society was now telling them it could be like everyone else's instead of making you think you couldn't have the same life everyone else has and figuring out what would actually make you happy, which is what older generations of gay men had to do.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2020 3:09 AM

I can see both sides of the argument. There is an exhilarating feeling when you think about picking up a hot little thing on a corner or fondling a stranger’s throbbing cock in an alley. But domestic life is safer and probably makes people happier and more productive citizens.

Hopefully everything is cyclical, so that after we reach peak Puritanism (and peak surveillance-state), counter culture will rise again. Hookers will start back hooking, eldergays will start back trolling alleyways and the circle of life will keep on turning.

Tangentially, I almost want the “unplugged” movement to grow, where people opt for simpler lives free from technology. Just imagine having sex in the woods with no GPS tracking or possible surveillance cameras on you.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2020 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!