Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Burt Reynolds

His autobio has been delayed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2020 11:27 PM

Poor dear does not look at all well. I hope he's okay.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2015 11:04 AM

I did NOT need to see that photo. What the heck is goin' on there???

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2015 11:06 AM

If that damn plastic surgeon had to ruin Burt's face, couldn't he have done something about that turkey neck while he had the scalpel out?

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2015 11:16 AM

He's officially 79, but he looks 98.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2015 11:17 AM

Did he ever sell his run down Florida "estate?"

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2015 11:57 AM

The photo of that wax statue looks so lifelike!

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2015 1:50 PM

It's payback time bitch!

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2015 2:02 PM

It's a bit sad how frail he's become. He's only 1 year older than Redford who is 78.

It's a shame that his autobiography won't cover casting couch from his early days in Hollywood - now that's something I'd pay to read about.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2015 2:20 PM

I know it's been a little over 40 years ago but hard to believe it's the same man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2015 2:39 PM

Elder gays, when Burt Reynolds was younger, was his level of fame comparable to George Clooney's present level of fame?

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2015 2:58 PM

[quote]when Burt Reynolds was younger, was his level of fame comparable to George Clooney's present level of fame?

Fame was a bit different back then because we didn't have the internet. But Burt was huge for several years. His nude Cosmo centerfold was a big thing back then.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2015 3:03 PM

Burt was the single biggest male star for most of the 70s--the only men even close were Clint Eastwood and Robert Redford.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2015 3:07 PM

I jerked off to Burt many times as a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2015 3:09 PM

He still has a healthy box of hair.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2015 3:29 PM

He started his a career as a stuntman. Many guys who abuse their bodies, like in sports become frail in old age. Add in he appears very thin, the skin is just hanging off his bones.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2015 3:37 PM

Here ya go girls, an uncensored out take form the iconic centerfold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2015 3:42 PM

Burt was much bigger than Clooney is now. His movies were major box office hits, and often were among the top grossing films of the year. He had well publicized relationships with Dinah Shore and Sally Field. He was a major sex symbol.

He slipped in the eighties due to poor career choices and his own ego. But he rebounded somewhat in the 90's with his TV show then with Boogie Nights.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2015 3:46 PM

[quote]He slipped in the eighties due to poor career choices and his own ego.

It all went down hill when he did Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. They should have cast Kenny Rogers in the role because Kenny and Dolly were on their way up as a duo.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2015 3:56 PM

Didn't we all R13? Hot, hairy smokin' body.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2015 4:05 PM

He looks like Morty Schwartz who lives down the hall.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2015 4:13 PM

The 70s was his decade. He was one of the biggest then.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2015 4:48 PM

I just watched Starting Over with Jill Clayburgh and Candice Bergen. Burt is excellent in it and showed that he could do dramedy. He looked set to have further success but the '80s were not his decade (though I loved him in Switching Channels and Rent-A-Cop is a guilty pleasure).

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2015 5:03 PM

Old men need pay special attention to eyebrow care. If he'd aged naturally, he'd still probably be presentable, instead of this decrepit mess. (By contrast, Ringo Starr is a septuagenarian who we'd fuck. . .)

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2015 7:47 PM

Uh... fuck Ringo Starr? I wouldn't go that far, but he does look great for his age.

James Brolin is Ringo's age, now that's someone over 70 I might consider.

Here's James Brolin on the Today Show (a year and a half ago). To bad Reynolds didn't hold up this well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2015 8:10 PM

[quote]It all went down hill when he did Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

Wait a year or two, then it really started to go down.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2015 8:40 PM

It looks like his head was inflated with helium, and his eyebrows drawn on with a Sharpie marker.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2015 8:52 PM

He was more Arnold Schwarzenegger famous when Arnie was at his peak. Burt was the biggest male star but it occurred not from movies like Deliverance, but movies like Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit. Those movies made him huge in the late 70's. Critics thought they were crap compared to Deliverance but those redneck good Ole boy movies were the ones people wanted to see. Until the didn't want to see them anymore in the 80s. He had so much power to green light movies and I read an article where the journalist criticized him for having the power to green light important movies but not using it. He wanted to make movies with his friends. When he tried to move on from those roles it just didn't take like other posters have mentioned. There was a real awful one he made with Goldie Hawn.

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2015 9:14 PM

[quote]Elder gays, when Burt Reynolds was younger, was his level of fame comparable to George Clooney's present level of fame?

Reynolds was way bigger than Clooney. Reynolds was one of the biggest movie star there ever was. Quigley's Publishing, which has long been regarded as one of the most reliable barometers of a movie star's box-office power, listed Reynolds the #1 movie star 5 years in a row (1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982) . He also made the list in 1973 (#4), 1974 (#6), 1975 (#7), 1976 (#7), 1977 (#4), 1983 (#4), 1984 (#6).

Clooney has made the list 9 times, but never at #1: 2000 (#3), 2001 (#2), 2005 (#6), 2006 (#6), 2007 (#3), 2008 (#8), 2009 (#4), 2010 (#9), 2011 (#2).

Furthermore, Reynolds' likability crossed demographics. He was rugged and his movies appealed to straight men, and he was considered a sex symbol, so he also appealed to women and gay men. Clooney has only tended to appeal to women.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2015 9:17 PM

Back then I liked him for movies like Semi-Tough, Starting Over, The End. I don't think I ever saw Cannonball Run or Smokey and the Bandit until they aired on TV.

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2015 9:22 PM

Totally unrecognizable. Except I can still tell he's sitting under a wig.

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2015 9:37 PM

Burt from his days on GUNSMOKE, circa 1962.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2015 9:44 PM

So is Burt bi, and will he discuss it in his book?

I've seen an old clip, with maybe Barbara Walters, where he jokes how he'd sleep with a gorgeous male model.

There was also something in the Warhol diaries where Andy's talking about how he's surprised he didn't know Reynolds in the 50s (?) because they had all these gay friends in common.

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2015 9:48 PM

Burt believed his own tough-guy image and had a reputation for assaulting people he had disagreements with on set. Of course he was a megastar and so people played along. He's lucky he never tried that shit on some of the actual tough guys who had small roles in his movies, or they would have cut him down to size pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2015 9:53 PM

Outtakes from CANNONBALL RUN...

Reynolds and Deluise were a great comic duo. I loved them in THE END.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2015 9:53 PM

None can keep their looks past a certain age but a few that have (or did) aged well for the most part:

Sean Connery

Robert Wagner (shown below in his prime at age 32)

Tom Selleck

Roger Moore

Patrick MacNee

Robert Stack

Louis Jourdan

John Forsythe

James Brolin

Christopher Plummer

Robert Vaughan

David McCallum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2015 9:57 PM

Sad, he looks sick. I hope that he is okay? He looks like a cadaver with an inexpensive wig on its head. Wishing him all the best :(

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2015 10:01 PM

I remember some of that r32 and it was a Barbara Walters interview. Babs asked about his thoughts on his status as a sex symbol. He said he disliked the way his eyes turned "oriental" when he smiled. At some point he said the best looking men were in cigarette print ads and that one of them was handsome enough to turn him bisexual (later assumed to be Tom Selleck) I think he also acknowledged that his Cosmo pinup attracted a large gay male following and shrugged it off and smiled, though that might have been a Playboy interview.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2015 10:04 PM

"So is Burt bi, and will he discuss it in his book?"

If he is, I think it's possible that he'll write about it. It'd generate interest and sales, and it's not the old bastard is afraid of losing work if he comes out. George Takei has a hotter career than Reynolds does right now, there's nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2015 10:05 PM

Why don't 70 year olds who look like Tom Selleck ever hit on me. It's always the ones who look like Mr. Burns.

In r31's picture, he look a bit like Brando.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2015 10:29 PM

R39 Marlon Brando?

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2015 10:48 PM

One of my favorite Burt moments, from The Twilight Zone; he slams Marlon Brando and "The Method". Brando hated Reynolds for the rest of his life--probably because of this:

Btw--wasn't Reynolds rushed to the hospital last year--pneumonia, maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2015 10:49 PM

Burt gave a great performance in Deliverence.

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2015 10:52 PM

Who is that hideously ugly woman?

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2015 11:27 PM

They delayed the launch of the book because he comes out in it. He thought he'd be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2015 11:51 PM

Didn't he already write his autobiography two decades ago? I vividly remember it coming out in 1994 and (unimaginatively) titled MY LIFE.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2015 12:11 AM

His ex-wife Judy Carne alluded to what she perceived as Burt's closeted bisexuality. She believed that was one of the reasons that he'd get so angry and put on macho displays.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2015 12:33 AM

Saw him on tv a while ago talking to Piers Morgan. He (Burt) was very badly injured in some stunt mishap in the early 'eighties. During a fight scene a prop chair was meant to break up as it struck him unfortunately it didn't and he suffered serious damage to his face and jaw. His jaw and mouth in particular were badly mashed up, it took a long, long time for him to recover, couldn't eat properly etc. Think he still has ongoing problems with it today. In part this explains the plastic surgery. He came across pretty well, very devoted to his son, difficult custody battle with Loni etc.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2015 12:33 AM

Burt was my first wet dream, I want to think of him how he was

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2015 12:34 AM

Burt has a lot of excuses for his bad plastic surgery. Much like the beauty pageant contestant who had to get cosmetic surgery (breast implants) after being in a car accident.

He also has a lot of excuses for his other poor decisions too.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2015 12:42 AM

Reynolds on THE TONIGHT SHOW...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2015 2:53 AM

The OP's article said Burt promises a warts and all tell-all, so I hope he does indeed come out.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2015 3:37 AM

He was teriffic on The Tonight Show in his prime, but must have had a falling out with Johnny because that article said they were enemies. I remember him coming on and cutting off the tie of that gameshow host who was OCD and being obnoxious, that was in the late 80's I think so maybe that did it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2015 3:38 AM

I guess he'll being going 6ft. under soon

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2015 3:39 AM

His dinner theater in Jupiter, FL was not to be equaled, especially in its production of "Evita" with Miss Ruth Buzzi..

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2015 3:47 AM

His biggest career disappointment was losing the role of Sonny in The Godfather to James Caan. Burt was the wrong kind of hot for Coppola after doing the Cosmo centerfold even though he was clearly a dead ringer to play Brando's son.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2015 3:49 AM

He was still presentable in his brief Golden Girls cameo.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2015 11:04 AM

It's good to see that Burt still has all of his hair. There's hope for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2015 12:08 PM

[quote]but must have had a falling out with Johnny because that article said they were enemies

Well, if the article says so.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2015 12:47 PM

Burt Reynolds did a film with Lesley-Anne Down called "Rough Cut." The movie came out in 1980. How well did the movie do in the box office?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2015 2:38 PM

Burt was fine without having "work done". Men should avoid that, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2015 3:23 PM

Didn't Sally Field piss him off years after their relationship broke up, when she refused to answer an interviewer's question as to whether she thought Burt was gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2015 3:31 PM

Probably dying.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2015 3:48 PM

Rough Cut did not do well. There is a BI that was posted recently about him that said the cancer had returned and that was why he looked ill at Comic Con.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2015 4:48 PM

R57 is so cute thinking that's not a rug.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2015 5:46 PM

Will he write about the time he sexually harassed Jay Ferguson?

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2015 5:52 PM

Actually, Field was asked if Reynolds had AIDS. This was when he'd had the on set accident on the Eastwood film and he was out of circulation for a few years. Field's answer was "I don't know."

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2015 11:20 PM

He was one of the biggest movie stars in the world during the seventies, he radiated a masculine charm and was incredibly funny and it seemed like his reign as America's Good Old Boy would last forever. But the charm and humor turned to bad tempered humorlessness in the eighties, along with his looks, at the same time as rumors about illness began. He admitted to chronic pain from TMJ, and denied all the rumors about AIDS, which were everywhere.

I wonder if it really was AIDS? I'm thinking not, because the rumors started long before there was any treatment.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2015 12:11 AM

Part of his charm in the 70s was his accessibility.

He appeared in hugely successful commercial films but was often seen on talk shows displaying a wild and self-deprecating sense of humor that was very endearing and made him even sexier. And let's face it....his very public relationship with Dinah Shore, who was much older and no beauty, made Burt seem somehow....accessible.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2015 12:20 AM

His biggest career gaffe was turning down the Jack Nicholson part in Terms of Endearment because he didn't want to appear in what he perceived as a physically unappealing role.

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2015 12:22 AM

Burt was bi, LOL. He was a womanizer.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2015 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure Burt and Johnny were good friends until Carson's death. I think the article erred.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2015 12:38 AM

R66 that was a pretty bitchy thing to do. R67 yeah, obviously he didn't --- it would be nearly impossible to not only have HIV circa 1985, but apparently "dying" from it (with the weight loss, etc etc) and not have been dead long ago.

Sometimes AIDS rumors aren't true after all.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2015 8:48 AM

Thanks for the info, r63. Rough Cut has always been my favorite movie. Lesley-Anne Down was beautiful and stunning in the film.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2015 10:56 AM

I'm sure he will focus on his affairs with women and conveniently forget about all the guys he fucked - shades of Robert Wagner

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2015 12:49 AM

I believe Dinah Shore eased his rough edges. I recall reading where he was bankrupt because of the very lone feud with his ex-wife Loni Anderson. I never saw one movie that he was in, he was just too full of himself. Will his bio name names...probably most if not all of his "conquests" are dead or hardly remembered but if Tom S. is mentioned..well, that would be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2015 2:25 AM

I remember when he clashed with Paul Thomas Anderson on the set of BOOGIE NIGHTS and then badmouthed the movie because he thought it would be a piece of crap, and then was pissed when he lost to Robin Williams for GOOD WILL HUNTING.

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2015 2:51 AM

To some Dinah Shore may have seemed blandly white-bread, but she was known in the business as a majorly hot fuck. She had a long affair in the '60s with Frank Sinatra (while she was married to hunk George Montgomery) and a shorter one with Rod Taylor.

Then there's this classic Paul Lynde quip from HOLLYWOOD SQUARES: Peter Marshall: "Burt Reynolds is quoted as saying, 'Dinah (Shore)'s in top form. I've never known anyone to be so completely able to throw herself into a...' A what? " Paul Lynde: "A headboard."

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2015 3:35 AM

Damn he got old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2015 3:39 AM

[quote]To some Dinah Shore may have seemed blandly white-bread, but she was known in the business as a majorly hot fuck.

Yes. Just any member of the Ladies Professional Golf Association.

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2015 3:42 AM

Does anyone know the reason that he and Loni broke up?

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2015 3:43 AM

ask^^

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2015 3:44 AM

My aunts live in a retirement community and there are many who live there who are in their late 70s to 90s and they look way better than Burt Reynolds. Besides, someone 79 years old around 50 or 60 years ago is not the same as a 79 year old today. Age is changing and I think one of the reasons why because the frame of mind of seniors today is very different. I think Burt is very sick and possibly dying. Also, I think Burt is writing his autobiography to leave money to his son.

BTW, someone mentioned on this thread that Burt cut off the tie of that guy who has OCD on the Johnny Carson show. That is Marc Summers. Marc Summers was doing an interview with Loni Anderson many moons ago after her divorce, and they were talking about Burt's temper. Marc said he was on the Johnny Carson show one time when Burt was there and everyone cut lose on the show and chased each other and threw pies at each other. Marc said he threw a pie at Burt and he said the look on his face was incredibly scary. Marc said he literally thought Burt was going to kill him because Burt was beyond in rage and completely out of line. Loni Anderson said she wasn't surprised because she said he could snap really quickly. It seems to me the man had some hang ups.

BTW, I highly doubt Burt will ever admit to even kissing a guy. This is the usual DL wishful thinking. If Burt had sex with a guy he is taking that information with him to the grave.

by Anonymousreply 82June 25, 2015 8:45 AM

Burt was fantastic in Boogie Nights.

by Anonymousreply 83June 25, 2015 9:14 AM

He looks like he has cancer, but I can't be 100% certain.

by Anonymousreply 84June 25, 2015 11:37 AM

R70 Being bi and being a womanizer aren't mutually exclusive. On the contrary, I often find them occurring concurrently.

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2015 12:34 PM

It would be impossible for me not to ask, "Where did it all go" if I were an old movie star with my fortune, looks, and career bottoming out.

It must be surreal to live that life, and then have it vanish, even as you attempt to hold on to it.

by Anonymousreply 86June 25, 2015 12:51 PM

Burt Reynolds today=Johnny Depp in twenty years, or maybe just in fifteen years.

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2015 1:09 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2015 3:32 PM

Burt said in an interview with Merv Griffin (of all people) when asked about the ADS rumors, that he did not have AIDS "although a lot of hairdressers hoped" he did.

by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2015 3:39 PM

[quote]He was a womanizer.

How come no one who has sex with a lot of men is ever described as a "manizer"?

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2015 4:27 PM

If I remember correctly Judy Carne accused him of beating her when they were married.

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2015 6:00 PM

Will he talk about the love of his life, Hal Needham?

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2015 11:42 PM

[quote]How come no one who has sex with a lot of men is ever described as a "manizer"?

because slut and whore caught on first.

by Anonymousreply 93June 26, 2015 12:55 AM

Burt has the AIDS. He had it decades ago,.

by Anonymousreply 94June 26, 2015 3:37 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2015 7:32 PM

Yeah, he was great in "Boogie Nights". Great movie, too.

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2015 9:02 PM

Here is Burt and Marc on Leno.

When I was a kid, I wanted Marc Summers to molest me so bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2015 9:09 PM

Did Burt's Florida home sell? Is he out of bankruptcy?

by Anonymousreply 98August 4, 2015 5:44 AM

Burt has a small pee pee, James Brolin has a small pee pee too, both are hairy.

by Anonymousreply 99August 4, 2015 6:06 AM

His tales of why he has had so much cosmetic work are on a veracity level commensurate with Mickey Rourke, Sly Stallone and Suzanne Somers. He destroyed his naturally handsome Cherokee features due to his great insecurity and his obsession with aging. Had he stuck to neck and jowl work along with a more age appropriate toupee/wig, he would have looked very good throughout his sixties and seventies. As far as the possibility of his coming out in his bio, ni**a please. I have known Buddy for over 30 years, from way back when the Playhouse was at its peak, and he will never ever admit to any homosex EVER. It comes from that same insecurity which drove him to destroy his face. He isn't very self aware, and he genuinely thinks that mainstream America would be devastated to learn that he isn't the 70s super macho dude they saw on the big screen. I wouldn't say he is as clueless about his image and rumors as Liberace, but he's close.

by Anonymousreply 100August 4, 2015 7:10 AM

[quote]James Brolin has a small pee pee too, both are hairy.

James Brolin is not hairy at all.

by Anonymousreply 101August 4, 2015 5:14 PM

[quote]I have known Buddy for over 30 years

Ebsen? Hackett? Rich?

by Anonymousreply 102August 4, 2015 5:14 PM

r101 hairy dick

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2015 7:02 PM

R102 hahaha

Burt's friends call him Buddy. But I'm sure you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2015 12:18 AM

I think the publisher is negotiating with Burt's management for him to die before the book's release date.

You've gotta admit - it would be one helluva marketing campaign. (And he already looks like a corpse.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2015 2:50 AM

Reynold's plastic surgery is not just about aging. He's had repeated nose thinning surgery.

Robert Redford was the small pee pee heartthrob of the 1970s (yes I saw it), not Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2015 12:32 PM

That TV excerpt of the Tonight Show is very entertaining. The way those two go at each other is actually quite sharp and witty. Is that part scripted, does anyone know?

Those shows do credit writers, so what do they write if not the witty "ad libs"?

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2015 1:02 PM

Could it just be that the book is terrible?

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Burt would not be less of a macho man if he admitted homosex, at least not to me, and surely not to many people.

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2015 1:30 PM

Looking at R97 s clip, it is easy to see him having anger issues. It seems like he was losing some of his charm by that point.

Evening Shade is on one of the antenna stations. It might be a decent show, but it is hard not to be totally distracted by how bad his hair piece is.

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2015 2:03 PM

[quote]Robert Redford was the small pee pee heartthrob of the 1970s (yes I saw it), not Reynolds.

OK I'll bite (eyes rolling) how did you see Robert Redford's dick?

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2015 2:09 PM

Robert Redford may have been a major 70s heartthrob, but Reynolds was the box office king. I seem to remember he was #1 3 years in a row. I can promise you that all women did NOT have a thing for short moly Redford. Those of us who prefer a darker specimen always found him bland. He's a decent actor, but he doesn't dampen panties.

by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2015 4:45 PM

Burt wanted to go out with Olivia Newton-John but she was in a relationship with her manager at the time, Lee Kramer. There is a talk show clip of the two of them on Merv Griffin. Burt was a sexy motherfucker back then, but it looks like Olivia dodged a bullet with this one.

by Anonymousreply 113August 12, 2015 4:56 PM

r112, speak for yourself!

by Anonymousreply 114August 12, 2015 8:24 PM

Reynolds was bigger than Clooney, because he appealed to several parts of the market in a big way. Straight men liked him and his sense of humor and his seeming dangerous at times. Women like his humor and looks and sexiness. Gay men liked him, and there were all the rumors. Clooney has always seemed more manufactured and careful. Burt was messy and took risks.

by Anonymousreply 115August 12, 2015 9:55 PM

I'd still do him. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 116August 12, 2015 10:00 PM

Oh yeah? I'd still do him thrice. So there now.

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2015 2:27 AM

He was sexy decades ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2015 4:14 AM

Ewwww. Has Tom Brady been anywhere near Burt Reynold's head by any chance? I sense a cranial deflate gate.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2015 4:22 AM

Burt & Loni were the Angelina and Brad of the 80s. They were pretty much on the cover of every tabloid every week and people just couldn't get enough of them.

by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2015 5:11 AM

The amazing thing about Burt is that he was immensely sexy in the 1970s even with his hairpieces, which were better than the current ones but still fairly obvious. But his hotness transcended them.

I always wondered if he fucked with his hairpieces on or off.

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2015 5:16 AM

He would have been sexy bald, even.

by Anonymousreply 122August 13, 2015 1:05 PM

Burt and Loni were big, but I recall Burt and Sally Field as the '70s Brangelina.

My mother went to see every one of his movies in the '70s and '80s. She claimed she liked him because he seemed like "such a nice guy," which was hilarious, given his reputation as the biggest asshole ever. Meeting him at his Jupiter theater in 1977 might have been the highlight of her life.

by Anonymousreply 123August 13, 2015 1:23 PM

Is Burt a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 124August 13, 2015 1:32 PM

No, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 125August 13, 2015 1:38 PM

Has anybody here had him?

by Anonymousreply 126August 13, 2015 2:01 PM

Did Loni cheat on him, with a body guard?

by Anonymousreply 127August 14, 2015 4:18 AM

Good god, he looks like one of those poor people who've had half their face eaten off in a bear attack.

by Anonymousreply 128August 14, 2015 5:48 AM

Mr. Burt Reynolds sold his Florida estate for $3.3 million! I do declare!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 11, 2015 2:29 AM

Will he now have time to update the chapter on Miss Judy Carne?

by Anonymousreply 130September 11, 2015 3:34 AM

I'd love to help Burt out with his financial problems, but I'm afraid all my money is tied up in cash.

by Anonymousreply 131September 11, 2015 4:21 AM

He's going to die broke and alone here shortly

by Anonymousreply 132September 11, 2015 4:31 AM

Burt has spoken to Vanity Fair -- the article is written by an adoring fan but still worth a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 6, 2015 4:11 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 134November 7, 2015 3:06 AM

I recall a rumor that in the shooting of the film 'Iron Cowboy,' aka 'Fade-In,' he was fully nude in a shot where he's emerging from a swim in a pond. The moment where he rise from the water and you just start to see his pubes is abruptly cut at the moment.

I fapped to that for a while. I also fapped to his furry ass shots in Playboy (linked after this).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 7, 2015 6:36 AM

Burt butt shots:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 7, 2015 6:39 AM

[quote] His dinner theater in Jupiter, FL was not to be equaled, especially in its production of "Evita" with Miss Ruth Buzzi..

That was nothing compared to its "Auntie Mame" with Miss Yoko Ono.

by Anonymousreply 137November 7, 2015 6:40 AM

He owned a dinner theater - how gay is that?

by Anonymousreply 138November 7, 2015 2:58 PM

Who was the kid he sexually harrassed on the set of Evening Shade?

by Anonymousreply 139November 8, 2015 12:06 AM

Burt and the actual love of his life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 8, 2015 1:25 AM

Burt bump

by Anonymousreply 141November 8, 2015 2:59 AM

[quote]Saw him on tv a while ago talking to Piers Morgan. He (Burt) was very badly injured in some stunt mishap in the early 'eighties. During a fight scene a prop chair was meant to break up as it struck him unfortunately it didn't and he suffered serious damage to his face and jaw. His jaw and mouth in particular were badly mashed up, it took a long, long time for him to recover, couldn't eat properly etc. Think he still has ongoing problems with it today. In part this explains the plastic surgery. He came across pretty well, very devoted to his son, difficult custody battle with Loni etc.

Burt ALWAYS had a very bad temper. After his accident where he injured his face, jaw and mouth he became severely addicted to painkillers. That's when he went went completely off the rails. He had that nasty, extremely public divorce from Loni where Burt came off as a lunatic. He was insane and accused Loni of all kinds of ridiculous things and while high he gave a crazy, rambling interview where he challenged her to take a lie detector test. That crazy behavior is why his career nosedived and he didn't get any decent work until Boogie Nights. He was poison for a long time in the entertainment industry

And he was probably the biggest thing in the 1970's. Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman and Robert Redford were private people. They really only gave interviews when promoting their films. Burt on the other hand loved giving interviews and appearing on chat shows. Plus his movies (Smoky and the Bandit etc) appealed to all audiences. Newman and Redfords didn't

by Anonymousreply 142November 8, 2015 3:59 AM

Jay Ferguson was the guy he harassed. He played Stan Rizzo on Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 143November 8, 2015 5:38 AM

Someone here claimed he had a bf while he was running the dinner theater - I think the bf worked there in some capacity

by Anonymousreply 144November 8, 2015 5:12 PM

LOVED Burt in Starting Over. He had a real charm and he was really funny in an understated way. And sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 145November 8, 2015 5:36 PM

Book Nov 17:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 8, 2015 6:21 PM

We're sure this isn't Estelle Getty dressed up as Sonny Bono?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 8, 2015 8:02 PM

How did he harass Jay Ferguson? Why did he harass him? Was it bullying?

by Anonymousreply 148November 8, 2015 9:48 PM

When did Burt Reynolds turn into a zombie? He looked fine in Boogie Nights!

by Anonymousreply 149November 9, 2015 1:08 AM

Two of my fave Burt films are two that are considered his worst from the late '80s: Rent-A-Cop with Liza and Switching Channels with Kathleen Turner.

He has great chemistry with both and you could see that his flair for comedy was what got him Evening Shade only a few years later.

by Anonymousreply 150November 9, 2015 5:11 PM

He looks like something from Madame Tussaud's

by Anonymousreply 151November 9, 2015 11:32 PM

He looks like an 80 something year old man with a big toupee who smoked a lot throughout his life, and now finds himself just ill enough to not be able to put on weight. Any illness will do, but it must cause weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2015 12:00 AM

Oh and he got a lot of sun and never thought to wear sunscreen.

by Anonymousreply 153November 10, 2015 12:02 AM

He looked good in a different thread someone had going yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 154November 10, 2015 12:45 AM

He looks really frail here and can't walk without a cane. Also seems to have trouble speaking coherently and keeps losing his train of thought.

Still manages to throw in a homophobic "joke" at the 2:38 mark.

Pretty pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 10, 2015 3:53 AM

My parents and my aunts are in their 80s and they don't look emaciated or frail like that in any way. This guy is ill.

by Anonymousreply 156November 10, 2015 8:32 AM

R156 I agree - that is not "normal aging" on display in the YouTube video. I think the cognitive impairment might very well be be the result of his decades long drug addiction. Maybe he's still using, who knows. It would explain how emaciated and frail he is.

by Anonymousreply 157November 10, 2015 9:21 AM

The Carson clip is still one of the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 10, 2015 11:24 AM

I did extra work on "Paternity" at Penn Station. Reynolds seemed to have 6-inch heels on his shoes. I didn't meet him, only saw him from a distance. Scene with lots of people in the terminal, all walking around.

Heard several rumors about him here and there, one involving him and black actor Raymond St. Jacques using a van to drive around NYC, pick up men, and have sex with them in the back. But never met anyone with a first-hand account.

Another rumor involved his longterm relationship with Needham. The report was that Field agreed to marry him, only if he'd give up Needham, which he refused to do. So Field never married him. Reynolds and Needham made her career, enabling her to transfer from TV to films.

by Anonymousreply 159November 10, 2015 12:07 PM

Hal Needham was a hot piece back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 10, 2015 9:30 PM

Cold are the hands of time that creep along relentlessly, destroying slowly but without pity that which yesterday was young. Alone our memories resist this disintegration and grow more lovely with the passing years. Heh! That's hard to say with false teeth!

by Anonymousreply 161November 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Who's 80s hair was more ridiculous - Burt's or Loni's?

by Anonymousreply 162November 10, 2015 9:39 PM

Hal Needham's son was married to Connie Needham, so cue the Susan Richardson troll!

by Anonymousreply 163November 10, 2015 10:12 PM

r160, thanks for reminding me of my ex-bf!

by Anonymousreply 164November 10, 2015 11:32 PM

He's a hot mess, but hey he's 80. That counts for something.

by Anonymousreply 165November 11, 2015 1:45 AM

Heck, if I had a man friend as hot as Hal Needham, I would not give him up, either.

by Anonymousreply 166November 11, 2015 4:01 AM

R159 I can think of few things that would get me less in the mood than NYC traffic.

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2020 10:12 PM

it's the 2015 bumper, but I give him a pass for that heinosity of a photo of BR

by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2020 10:44 PM

R167 is the 2015 bump troll.

by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2020 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!