Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends...

Cindy Crawford's Malibu home for sale- a year after she bought and renovated it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2021 5:45 AM

So Cindy is flipping homes, now?

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2015 4:51 PM

It must be the Pacific Coast Highway drive that gets to people. I can't imagine wanting to leave that house, ever.

There may be rattlesnakes that get into the house, though. And black widows. I notice that it is built far into the foliage.

Rats, squirrels, mice, rattlers, poisonous spiders--and then the perilous and deadly drive everyday on PCH.

I can see her point.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2015 4:54 PM

Yeah, there's a new species of squirrel that has taken over most of L.A..

The majority squirrel used to be the California Grey, the state's indigenous species, but the red squirrel has basically overrun them and they are quite aggressive.

So, I looking at her rooms amongst the trees and I can imagine the constant, annoying, squirrel chatterings and fights. Those trees would be shaking constantly with riotous, obnoxious squirrels, and then jumping and running on the roof all night long.

Then the racoons, which are everywhere in Malibu, would be breaking in the house, or damaging the outside awning.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2015 4:59 PM

The Pacific Coast Highway, the ONLY road to and from her property, is amongst the most dangerous roads in the world. This is the road that Mel Gibson infamously was caught speeding and drunk driving on.

When there are fires, and that is frequent, PCH shuts down for days at a time, trapping it's residents in their homes or disallowing them to get home.

There are constant rock slides that are quite deadly and will cause closures on PCH to fix.

Heavy rains also impact PCH and will cause closures for weeks at a time.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2015 5:02 PM

I don't get the appeal of living in Malibu. I was disappointed when I went for a visit. I thought it would be breath takingly gorgeous. It wasn't. Most of the houses are built into steep cliffs on the opposite side of a busy highway that runs along the coast, so they aren't really "beach front". The views from Cindy's house are pretty sparse. I prefer east coast ocean front homes where you are ON the beach (not across a busy highway). And you have panoramic ocean views from every room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2015 5:55 PM

"Cindy, the squirrels are coming from inside the house!"

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2015 6:02 PM

She bought it 1 year ago for $6 million? And now she wants $15,450,000? For what? It's a $1 million house (max) on a $6 million lot. People are insane.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2015 6:16 PM

15 million is too much. It looks lovely, but I agree with R7

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2015 6:38 PM

I can practically feel the ocean breeze.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2021 4:09 AM

Well! I guess our thread about the inconveniences of Malibu opened HER eyes!

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote] I prefer east coast ocean front homes where you are ON the beach.

You can be ON the beach in California (and even in LA County), it is just a matter of knowing where (hint: not Malibu).

Having lived on “east coast ocean ON the beach” and West Coast Ocean ON the beach in both the USA and Australia, I find:

Indian Ocean is preferable to

Pacific Ocean which is much more preferable to

(Dumpy) Atlantic Ocean.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2021 5:22 AM

R11 What's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2021 5:24 AM

The difference involves a combination of factors:

Water quality and clarity (For example, in most of N. America, the Atlantic is often brackish/grey due to currents and increased populations on both sides of Atlantic)

Wave dynamics (Indian and Pacific waves preferable in general)

Temperatures (both in sea and on land due to currents)

Sand or Ground-Sea Interface (again with the exception of the Caribbean, Indian/Pacific islands and continents are nicer)

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2021 5:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!