Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adult celebrities who throw explosive tantrums

What cause adults to throw public tantrums the way Elton John, Kanye West, etc. do? They don;t seem to have serious substance abuse problems, but they will make fools of themselves by screaming in public?

is it just narcissism, or something else psychological?

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 7:49 PM

More importantly: we need examples- first person accounts. And Christian Bale doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2015 5:17 PM

Neither does David O'Russell or Lily Tomlin. Lily obviously goaded him into that diatribe. Perfectly understandable given the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2015 5:30 PM

I think it comes often from being in the situation where they are told what to do by many many other people. Your costumer, or make up artist, your director, your coach etc. etc. all on a daily basis

I'm not defending it but it seems clear to me when I see these blowouts it has to do with someone who has very little control over their personal life.

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2015 5:33 PM

What about NPH yelling at his kids?

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2015 5:39 PM

Any adult who does this has not been taught that there are consequences to acting in violent, abusive ways towards others.

Fame breeds dysfunction. No matter how talented or charismatic an entertainer, they have no right to abuse others. But when they become a 'property', a mini industry, they know they have power, and the most stupid and the most damaged of them abuse that power.

The Russell Crowes and the Naomi Campbells are simply not mentally equipped to deal with fame with good grace and self-constraint.

by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2015 5:43 PM

He's not famous, except for his two-ton-ten-year-old temper tantrums among his friends and (increasingly) ex-friends, but this man I know has them because he is cannot live without attention. And since he is old and singularly unattractive, he has to settle for negative attention. I imagine it could be even more extreme if you're famous and can't get the attention you want and think you deserve.

I broke up with my (now ex-) friend after his last explosion in public.

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2015 5:45 PM

Bill O'Reilly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 7:47 PM

Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 7:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!