Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who are these morons that believe in "Chemtrails"?

Why are there so many tin-hat conspiracy theorists who are profoundly ignorant of science on Twitter everywhere? Jesus...

by Anonymousreply 456January 3, 2018 7:46 AM

George Bush and the American congress believed in WWD.

Majority of Americans believe in God.

Kids believe in Santa Claus.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2015 12:56 AM

Most Americans in general are pretty ignorant when it comes to science. There's a long-standing tendency toward anti-intellectualism in American society. Fundamentalist religion and the "No Child Left Behind" educational system are just making it worse.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2015 1:03 AM

What's not to believe?

All you have to do is look up to the sky and you'll see them. Not always, usually the planes just emit a vapor trail that dissipates, but when they are spraying the trails stay and thicken until they cover the whole sky.

I am a believer because I believe my own eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2015 1:09 AM

[quote]What's not to believe?

Everything.

[quote]All you have to do is look up to the sky and you'll see them.

No, you see CONTRAILS. The natural result of the warm moist jet exhaust being exposed to the ice-cold high altitude air. It condenses into "clouds". It's just water vapor and jet exhaust.

[quote]Not always, usually the planes just emit a vapor trail that dissipates, but when they are spraying the trails stay and thicken until they cover the whole sky.

There is no fucking "spraying". Jesus. Different atmospheric conditions result in difficult results, from nothing, to ones that smear across the sky (due to high altitude winds).

You're a believer because you're an ignorant gullible fuck-stick who failed basic science and who is really suggestible and can't handle saying "I don't know" or "I don't understand", so you MAKE UP SHIT, or worse, just accept some shit someone else made up as if it were true.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2015 1:14 AM

Your eyes aren't a mass spectrometer, R3. What is the reason to believe they are more than water vapor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2015 1:16 AM

Chemtrails are completely different from contrails (condensation vapor trails.)

For one thing chemtrails simply don't evapotate-because they are not condensed water. They linger and expand and eventually fill the sky.

Maybe you're lucky enough to live in a place where spraying programs haven't started. But where I live it happens a lot.

What they're doing no one knows. It may be spreading emerging illness epidemics like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Morgellon's, or it may have to do with HAAPR weather control projects...I certainly don't know for sure. But they are very real and right over our heads.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2015 1:21 AM

R3, you can also read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2015 1:22 AM

R3, maybe Itchy Scrotum Syndrome too?!

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2015 1:24 AM

[quote]Chemtrails are completely different from contrails (condensation vapor trails.)

Yeah, because Chemtrails don't exist anywhere except in your fevered imagination.

[quote]For one thing chemtrails simply don't evapotate-because they are not condensed water. They linger and expand and eventually fill the sky.

You mean ... like CLOUDS?!? *gasp*

You're a fucking gullible idiot, R6. Jesus. What the fuck is wrong with you that you'd believe something so fucking ridiculous that is so easily (and constantly) debunked, and that has ZERO ACTUAL EVIDENCE ANYWHERE, and which doesn't even make economic or logical or physical or scientific sense?!?

Educate yourself. Learn some real fucking science. And stop believing every tin-hat conspiracy theory you read on the web.

Christ.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2015 1:24 AM

It must be true, because this guy has a friend whose cousin knows a guy who...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2015 1:25 AM

I like chems and happy trails, moi.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2015 1:26 AM

Who are these morons who DON'T believe in Chemtrails even though they have been polluting the skies overhead in plain sight for at least sixteen years now?

Commercial flights don't fly in parallel and criss-cross patterns. They don't spray trails that cling to the sky and expand and turn the sky starchy and hazy white, starting at the horizon line.

Any time heavy precipitation is in the forecast, they start spraying the skies heavily a couple days in advance.

I believe in Chemtrails because I have eyeballs in my head. It has been a source of quiet astonishment to me that people don't notice Chemtrails even when the skies above are full of them.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2015 1:27 AM

Seriously, R10... how are people so fucking gullible? Why are they so eager to believe, and then utterly COMMIT to, such obviously silly conspiracy theories? No amount of facts, reason, logic, or science will convince them they're wrong the moment they buy into this stupid shit.

Is it a mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2015 1:28 AM

God, I came in contact with someone who truly believed this governmental conspiracy theory and all he did was talk about it and look up at the sky.

It was embarrassing to be with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2015 1:28 AM

Who can look at trails in the sky like these and simply assume that they are caused by normal air traffic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2015 1:29 AM

[quote]Commercial flights don't fly in parallel and criss-cross patterns.

Yeah, actually they do.

[quote]They don't spray trails that cling to the sky and expand and turn the sky starchy and hazy white, starting at the horizon line.

Depending on atmospheric conditions and altitude, that's exactly what can happen.

[quote]Any time heavy precipitation is in the forecast, they start spraying the skies heavily a couple days in advance

Yeah, at altitudes FAR above any rainfall or storms.

[quote] It has been a source of quiet astonishment to me that people don't notice Chemtrails even when the skies above are full of them.

Because they're smarter than you, and actually understand what is going on, and aren't delusional paranoids whose heads are filled with bizarre non-sensical conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2015 1:30 AM

Being human is to believe fucked up lies, r2.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2015 1:31 AM

R15. Stop being a gullible stupid moron. Please. It's embarrassing to think you're serious.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2015 1:34 AM

R12.Your on to em buddy.That's why the cost of a airline ticket has not gone down along with the cost of jet fuel. Airlines have to pay for all these expensive chemicals they are forced by the government of that negro to shoot out of their planes.Gota jet I hear the black choppers landing on my roof.

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2015 1:34 AM

R18 is too deeply invested in this thread.

He appears to be a spin-meister doing damage control.

You are entirely unconvincing, R18.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2015 1:37 AM

Since when do clouds emerge from the backs of airplanes, appear in an almost precise criss-cross pattern across the sky and (rather than dissipate) linger and swell over the time until they fill the sky in a total thick cloudcover?

I honestly don't understand how there can still be skeptics and deniers when you have to do is look up to see the truth.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2015 1:42 AM

I am educated R9. It sure is curious how you and the other skeptics/deniers are so hostile in your efforts to convince everyone to disbelieve what we see with our own eyes.

Who do you work for?

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2015 1:44 AM

My friend's friend has a cousin who is a pilot in the air force and he has admitted that his job, every day, is to lay down chemtrails. Apparently they are full of heavy metals and mind control drugs, along with ticks that spread Lyme disease and fibromyalgia. They use special unmarked jets to do it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2015 1:45 AM

23 - Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2015 1:46 AM

I don't know if you're serious or not R23, but where I live there are lots and lots more ticks than there ever before.

Also, Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease (and MS) are epidemic. Myself, I am a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome survivor.

Sometimes I wonder if Plum Island is to blame, sometimes I suspect NutraSweet and sometimes I think maybe it is the chemtrails...the bottom line is no one knows for sure, but they can't be good.

The first step to possibly addressing the problem is to at least acknowledge what is in the sky right over our heads.

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2015 1:49 AM

Who's behind this? Big Pharma? Industrial Military Complex? Illuminati? The J E W S? Farrakhan's Yakub? The Masons? The Rothschilds? The Koch Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2015 1:49 AM

No one knows for sure R26. All we can be certain of is that it's happening and blanketing the sky (and ultimately the ground below it) with chemicals is a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 20, 2015 1:59 AM

What is the purpose of this grand project?

by Anonymousreply 28May 20, 2015 2:05 AM

R22, you clearly don't understand what you "see with your own eyes". You're like flat earthers who insist the world is flat because they stand in a field and it looks flat to them.

Your spewing pure ignorance and making up completely unfounded stories about things you just plain don't understand.

Which I guess makes you a lot like religious people... "I don't know" changes into "Evil government conspiracy" instead of "god did it"...but it's the same sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2015 2:05 AM

Oh my god, R25, you are really showing how gullible you are if you actually even remotely took that post at R23 seriously.

You need mental help. Medication and therapy. Please see help. ObamaCare covers it.

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2015 2:07 AM

Google "Operation Cloverleaf" if you don't believe in Chem trails. They are composed of barium and aluminum, designed to reflect sunlight back in an attempt to control global climate change. Like all government projects, it isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2015 2:08 AM

Just to highlight how unbelievably inefficient chemtrails would be as a method of poisoning people, I have done a quick calculation on how much chemicals would be added to the atmosphere every day if every single jet plane on the planet was spraying all of the time (turbprops use Jet A1 too, but for the benefit of the conspirators let’s assume they are all high-level jets). It is based on the daily consumption of Jet A1 fuel (which in 2010 was about 5,220,000 barrels/day) and assuming a very generous chemical contamination of 10% in the fuel. This level would, of course, be too high for the engines to operate, but hey, why let logic get in the way when it comes to the topic of chemtrails.

Overall, the resulting contamination of the atmosphere would be just 0.0000000000000000002844%, or the equivalent of just a half of a teaspoon of water in 4 billion Olympic-size swimming pools!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2015 2:09 AM

(rolling eyes at R31)

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2015 2:10 AM

Chemtrails = Autism

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2015 2:11 AM

Maybe the Affordable Care Act is related to the Chem Trails. Obama had lots of secret meetings with Big Pharma, and the Illuminati (Jay Z) and his father's old spy contacts in the upper echelons of Islam, about the same time ACA was passed. But I think I s R eal must be involved secretly as well.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2015 2:12 AM

yeah - R35 knows what's going on!

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2015 2:15 AM

R23 may have been pranking but he may have stumbled onto a larger truth.

There is actually are competing theories regarding emerging illness epidemics (Lyme, fibro, Morgellens, CFS) that arial spraying may be spreading them and also that the purpose of the spraying may be to battle them.

As for me I may be overly informed on the topic and perhaps to realistic, but I think it's more likely that the chemtrails are more likely causing disease rather than fighting it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2015 2:16 AM

The concentration isn't high enough to do anything. It's about a billion times less effective than homeopathic medicine at the levels they spray. See my quote from R32.

Fluoride in the water has a physiological effect because the concentration is high enough. Even if they were spraying cyanide gas - it wouldn't affect anything bc it would be diluted significantly by the atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2015 2:22 AM

How can literally filling the shy with barium, aluminum and strontium have no physiological effect on the people below?

(Also, what do you have against homeopathic medicine?...we might need it to combat the effect of all these chemtrails. Ha Ha.)

by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2015 2:32 AM

I was in a hot tub at Davos with Brian Krzanich and he told us Google is in on it with the governments of the G8. But Prince Talal told me at Bohemian Grove it's the complete opposite, that Google, UBS, and Royal Dutch Shell are in cohoots to wrest final control of the Chemtrail projects from the governments and reap the ultimate rewards. Peak Oil is definitely true and all the big oil corporations are figuring out how to survive for another 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2015 2:36 AM

They're not filling the sky...see R32 link & calculation. It looks larger than it is.

by Anonymousreply 41May 20, 2015 2:38 AM

Never heard it it before

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2015 2:38 AM

The clouds the come out of the backs of the airplanes fill the sky R41. Arial spraying days start with a perfectly clear blue sky and end with total 100% cloud cover. That IS a full sky-a sky full of artificially produced clouds.

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2015 2:42 AM

I blame the black man in the white house.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2015 2:43 AM

Yes Google and Shell were planning to finance it all through Geneve so thats why the US broke Swiss banking secrecy. But Prince Talal said it didn't matter there was a sublayer of secrecy that's still intact. That's the reason Switzerland never joined the E.U. J e w i s h bankers from Vienna and Berlin set the secret banking layer up for Hitler in return for letting their families escape. That's why Germany didn't evade Switzerland. Goebbels descendants are secretly among the richest people in the world now.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2015 2:45 AM

We're not tin-hat conspiracy theorists R44. We're just people who are (justifiably) concerned because airplanes are literally creating clouds of something(!) by spraying stuff over our heads.

That doesn't make us creationists or flat-earthers or religious nuts...it just means we're not blind.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2015 2:46 AM

I never understood the belief about chemtrails - it looks like regular jet fuel to me. But maybe I have not read everything about it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2015 2:48 AM

The Illuminati and the Rothschilds, who have been working with the Gulf states since 1945, put Obama in power because they knew his father. His father was one of the principal architects of the smuggling routes that get the chemicals out of Africa to Germany, where they are processed for the Chem trails.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2015 2:50 AM

So there are some people who are poisoning the whole planet with the intent to kill every human, including themselves? And there's enough of them involved, obviously hundreds of thousands, to have been working at this for several decades?

What is the reason? What is the purpose? Why are so many in on it?

It does not add up.

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2015 2:56 AM

[quote]may have been pranking but he may have stumbled onto a larger truth.

No, he didn't... you fucking blithering idiot.

[quote]As for me I may be overly informed on the topic and perhaps to realistic

Oh dear. Let me assure you that NEITHER of those is a problem for you.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2015 3:00 AM

Yeah, it actually does mean that, R46. You're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2015 3:01 AM

No, the people doing it have antidote pills for them and their families. Everyone thought that there was gold in Tower Seven, and had been stolen right before, but in fact it was the North American supply of Chem trail antidote pills.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2015 3:01 AM

Why the hostility R50? Seriously why are you trying to circumvent discussion and inquire with hostility. What is your agenda?

We don't have all the answers, but we know what we see. Go outside, look up and open your eyes. You'll learn something.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2015 3:04 AM

So you have to be a conspiracy theorist to wonder why airplanes are spraying things in the sky? What's with all the disinfo?

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2015 3:05 AM

My agenda is truth, and scientific literacy.

Your agenda is anti-intellectual tin-hat conspiracy and spewing bullshit nonsense you have absolutely no proof of, that you gullibly believe just because you read it on some conspiracy website and you're too stupid to know better.

I have utter contempt for willful stupidity such as yours, especially in the face of ALL THE SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE that you are completely full of shit in your beliefs.

You clearly DON'T know what you see. You see something you don't understand and you make up shit to explain it. Pretty much the exact opposite of science. Utterly divorced from reality. Worse than religion.

You are fucking pathetic and stupid, and we're all laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2015 3:07 AM

I agree with R53. No one looks up in the sky anymore. You'd be very surprised what you see there. Put down your cell phone for just a minute and look around you.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2015 3:09 AM

[quote]So you have to be a conspiracy theorist to wonder why airplanes are spraying things in the sky?

No, you have to be a conspiracy theorist to claim to know that the perfectly normal contrails are actually some grand government cover-up for poisoning lots of people with "chemicals".

You make up shit you have no evidence for... that's not "wondering" that's "fantasy make-believe".

I've already posted this once, and you clearly didn't read it, so I'll post it again in the hope that you or someone else will read it and understand what the fuck a contrail is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2015 3:09 AM

Here's another site you should read:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2015 3:12 AM

It amazes me how quickly some people are to believe and fully invest in whatever they read on some random blog or conspiracy site.... and then steadfastly REFUSE to believe anything they read on more reputable sites that easily refutes the nonsense they just bought into.

I don't get that mentality at all.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2015 3:13 AM

R57, I was a dreamy kid in the 70s who always gazed up at passing airplanes and watched their trails dissipate. I spent years doing that.

Chemtrails look nothing like the contrails of normal aircraft. I was a lifelong sky-gazer who immediately noticed the difference when I first identified chemtrails by sight in the late 90s.

I am not a conspiracy theorist on the subject. I have no idea who is conspiring or for what purpose. I am just an observer who knows that chemtrails and contrails are two very different things. Anytime you and I were standing side by side and there were planes overhead, I would be happy top point out the obvious difference.

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2015 3:14 AM

actually some of these photos made me wonder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2015 3:16 AM

No one's really laughing R55. We're all just concerned. Some of us are discussing and researching our concerns with an open mind and a willingness to face reality.

Some people here are scared and that makes them hostile "deniers" just like climate change deniers tend to be hostile and deny what they are seeing all around them.

I get it, chemtrails are scary. But attacking each other won't lead to the truth or any resolution. So lighten up and debate maturely if you want to talk about this at all.

Some of us (like me) have been studying this issue for years.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2015 3:18 AM

George Bush and the American congress believed in WWD.

Well, I believe in WD40

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2015 3:20 AM

r18 This is for you sweetheart ;-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2015 3:22 AM

[quote]but when they are spraying the trails stay and thicken until they cover the whole sky. I am a believer because I believe my own eyes.

No, you believe your own over-active imagination.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2015 3:22 AM

[quote]Who's behind this? Big Pharma? Industrial Military Complex? Illuminati? The J E W S? Farrakhan's Yakub? The Masons? The Rothschilds? The Koch Brothers?

Isn't it OBVIOUS? It's Ryan Seacrest and his mind-control media empire. Things have been going tits-up ever since he came on the scene.

It's Ryan-fucking-Seacrest.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2015 3:29 AM

I believe in my powers of observation, R65, not my imagination.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2015 3:30 AM

[quote]I am just an observer who knows that chemtrails and contrails are two very different things

You KNOW this, eh? You have KNOWELDGE, eh?

Please share it.

Mostly what you have are ignorant observations, and some bizarre assumption that planes and engines and fuel and the atmosphere itself haven't changed at all in the last 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2015 3:32 AM

[quote]I believe in my powers of observation, [R65], not my imagination.

How exactly are you 'observing' the difference between contrails and these so-called alleged "chem-trails"?

You realize that all sorts of clouds look different, even though they're all the same thing, right? What EVIDENCE do you have that these contrails are actually anything different, substantively, than contrails? They're shaped differently? Well duh, contrails persist for different lengths of times based on different altitudes and atmospheric conditions. Planes fly a LOT higher now than they used to. And faster.

So please, cite all the specific tests and measurements you have that signify the clear distinction. Details please.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2015 3:35 AM

R68, I know they are different because they are observably different. They look different and they act differently. What more evidence am I supposed to deliver to explain why I think they are different?

Chocolate syrup doesn't look like apple juice and it doesn't pour like apple juice. Does my lack of expertise in declaring their chemical makeup disqualify me from noticing the difference?

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2015 3:35 AM

R62, jacking off to biased tin-hat conspiracy websites on the internet is not "researching".

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2015 3:36 AM

[quote]I know they are different because they are observably different.

Clouds are different. And look different. And are observably different.

[quote] They look different and they act differently.

You mean, just like clouds do? Especially clouds in different seasons, or at different altitudes, or at different times of the day.

[quote]What more evidence am I supposed to deliver to explain why I think they are different?

How about measurements? Because for all the different forms and behaviors you see in clouds... they're all just water vapor.

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2015 3:41 AM

Jesus.F.Christ....is Stuart Swerdlow posting again?

Who is this paranoid nutjob whose been posting non-stop?

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2015 3:41 AM

R70, have you read the link at R58 thoroughly? With an open mind?

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2015 3:45 AM

That proves nothing about contrails vs. chemtrails, R72. That was nothing but a tap dance on your part.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2015 3:47 AM

They're Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2015 4:06 AM

Stop popping an aneurysm over this. You're being trolled. They don't really believe it. They're getting a kick out of making your head explode.

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2015 4:12 AM

Sure it does, R75. If you had a brain or understood anything, really, you'd see the obviousness of it.

Someone who sees a cumulus cloud and later sees a cirrus cloud, could be excused for thinking they're completely different things, made of different substances. Just like you seem to assume (and trust, you are doing nothing more than assuming here) about various contrails actually being these "chem-trail" things you believe exist.

(in spite of no actual evidence)

Well, again... different altitudes, different atmospheric conditions, different wind-speeds, different temperatures & pressures, different jet engines and fuels, can all lead to a staggering variety in the appearance and behavior of contrails.

Do you refuse to acknowledge this?

by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2015 4:17 AM

Chemtrails began as a secret government/military project to spray chemicals in the air from jets to combat climate change. However, with time people began to think that this was just a cover and that the chemicals were doing things to human, possibly control them or even sicken them. So there is some truth to it but the claims of it being used to control or sicken people really haven't been proven.

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2015 4:26 AM

I'd like to believe the purpose of chemtrails is to hide UFO activity in our skies.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Clearly there are just way too many fucking stupid people in this country.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2015 4:34 AM

Chemtrail believers are almost as bad as they who believe that FEMA has stockpiled hundreds of thousands of "coffins" and "guillotines" purchased from China for the purpose of executing and then burying black people after the US Government declares martial law.

One would think that even conspiracy mad people would have the sense to know that IF the plan was to rid the population of hundreds of thousands of US citizens in a nefarious manner, they would not CHOP THEIR HEADS OFF and then give them an in-ground burial in a polystyrene box. Unfortunately, many people have become so addicted to the many wacko sites on the net, and particularly YouTube, CT thinking as at an never before seen high. Folks, use your heads before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2015 4:53 AM

The said irony is that many of the people who believe in "chemtrails" are also rightwing anti-government. They are also Dems and Repubs.

Yet Republicans are controlled by the planet-destroying Koch brothers, who own Repub. politicians.

And the real PROVEN poisoning on earth is being done by Monsanto, whose GMO products are being banned by country after country, and even U.S. cities and states.

But even Hillary Clinton is working with their former corporate masters, and has a Monsanto former bigwig on her campaign staff.

Both sides are poisoning us, but not with stringy clouds. They're doing it with frakking and poisonous GMO "food."

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2015 4:53 AM

Witchie-Poo is jacking off overtime these days. Obviously, some weird shut-in.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2015 12:05 PM

This thread sponsored by the federal government. Spreading propaganda far and wide by all means necessary.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2015 12:18 PM

Finally, some sense! Thank you R83.

Think about this for a minute: CTs think that the most effective way of dispersing (what? Drugs? Illness-inducing chemicals? Poison.. Let's go with that) poison is spraying it from jets. The first time I heard this, I thought the woman telling me was pulling my leg. She was serious, saying she had "proof." Proof of what? That was the question; the answer was paranoia, or maybe just delusion. Probably a healthy dose of both.

But, in my smart-alecy fashion, I accidentally poked holes in her theory by asking one question: Well, if that's so, why did Cheney order all planes grounded on 9/11, clearing the skies across the country for a week? Wouldn't that have set the program back? She looked like I'd hit her with a 2x4. Dazed and confused. Mumbled something about "the skies were so blue..."

Actually, the days after 9/11 were a goldmine of study for scientists who study the climate, and we found that the absence of contrails resulted in a temperature rise of about one degree.

Cue the CTs who will now suggest that 9/11 was so that global warming could be studied, and soon TPTB will be flying a billion jets a day all over, encasing the planet in a permanent cloud to counteract the rising temperatures...

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2015 1:12 PM

I don't think anyone here is claiming to know, with any certainty, why the spraying programs are taking place. All people are trying to do is get the people with their head in the sand to go outside and look up once in a while and ask themselves "Since when do clouds come out of airplanes?"

The hostile insulting nutty posts by the deniers really says a lot about their desire to passively accept everything government and the 1% tell them.

That's scary, too.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2015 2:18 PM

you are whack, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2015 2:22 PM

Nope R88, just observant and knowledgable.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2015 2:32 PM

[quote]I don't think anyone here is claiming to know, with any certainty, why the spraying programs are taking place.

It's bad enough you claim with certainty -- without any verifiable evidence -- that "spraying programs are taking place".

And R89, you are neither.

I guess it's the Dunning-Kruger effect in action here... you're too ignorant and stupid to realize how ignorant and stupid you are.

[quote]"Since when do clouds come out of airplanes?"

Since the invention of the jet engine and high-altitude flights. Jesus. THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING CONTRAIL IS YOU MORON.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2015 2:39 PM

You don't know what you're talking about R90. Look up once in a while these trails are coming out of the backs of planes, spreading out and covering the whole sky. You think that's normal?! That's how clouds are naturally formed?

So I guess it never rained on the planet before the invention of airplanes.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2015 2:48 PM

I have seen grid patterns in the skies over Los Angeles. It is just too strange, "the new normal". People have tested the content and it is high aluminum content, heavy metals. Not good. It isn't natural and it isn't necessary. Add Fukushima to this and the environment becomes antagonistic.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2015 3:41 PM

So, our reality-challenged friends on this thread want us to accept that there are tens of thousands of individuals involved in a mass conspiracy to illegally poison the population, none of whom is willing to discuss their involvement on the record, or indeed off it, in this age of blanket coverage, 24/7 digital media.

Let's consider about how many types of person would be involved in such a conspiracy:

Commercial Airline Designers, Maintenance Engineers, Owners, Managers, Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Clerks, Stockholders, Flight Crew, Cabin Crew, Cleaning Staff, Logistics Crew at the Airports, Airport Owners, Insurance Companies, Research Scientists, Lab Assistants, Lab Administration, Delivery Drivers, Security Staff at Airports, Pilots' Unions, Union Admin Staff, Local Government, Local Law Enforcement, Federal Government, their admin staff with access to documents and communications related to this mass conspiracy...

..and so on.

Every fucking one of them, silent.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2015 3:54 PM

'People have tested the content'

What people? When? Where? I want to read their report - where can I find it? Where is it published? How did they collect the data? Over what period of time? In what lab did they work on their data? Where did they go to school?

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2015 3:57 PM

Well, R93, they put fluoride in the water, and that's a conspiracy, straight up. It is not good for teeth and slows brain functioning. And they got away with that. Look it up. The Nazis invented its use! No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2015 4:01 PM

R95, you are simply externalising your sense of dislocation and dissociation, which probably results from stuck in a job you don't like, or feeling generally powerless / lacking in agency in what appears to you to be a hostile world.

You seek refuge from those uncomfortable feelings, but locating their cause in a 'safe' fairy tale : chemtrails! Evil, shadowy government scientists!

Stay away from conspiri-bot internet sites and consider re-training, take some night classes maybe. Meet some nice people, relax, laugh a little.

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2015 4:10 PM

Way to be insulting R96.

We're not dislocated or dissociated. I am actually in grad school now-getting my second master's degree. No, I'm not a scientist, but I am smart enough to be open minded and I have the sense to realize that clouds aren't supposed to be formed by airplane exhaust.

In order for the deniers to get us to stop believing our eyes they need to resort to personal attacks and put-downs. We don't claim to know why this is going on-we're just asking the question.

True morons don't want inquiry because they rely on ignorance to maintain their illusions.

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2015 4:19 PM

what are you studying, R97? What school are you at? Do you talk to your professors about your interest in chemtrails? What do they say?

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2015 4:21 PM

R97, I posted upthread that I want the report of the 'findings' into chemtrails that one of your pals referred to - where can I find it? Please post it - and i want a report written by a qualified research scientist please, not a blog by a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2015 4:23 PM

R90 the shill troll is clearly off his meds, seriously creep go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2015 4:25 PM

About Fluoride Toxicity:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2015 4:27 PM

R98, I'm an English/Education major. So like I said I don't take Science classes. The Chemtrail/Arial Spraying issue never comes up. When I saw this thread I hoped this would be a more substantive discussion without all the ad hominin attacks and "tin hat" shaming.

We should be able to talk about these public health issues rationally and without name-calling. I'm not a zealot, just someone who has seen something curious and concerning. Don't I have a right to know what they're doing up there?

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2015 4:28 PM

You're not "just asking the question" R97. Your asinine smirk drips. Even from online postings.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2015 4:29 PM

Are you actually gay, conspiri-bot at R100? Or are you one of those straight conspiri-bots who hang out at datalounge because no one gets banned here no matter how much shit they post?

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2015 4:31 PM

' So like I said I don't take Science classes.'

Honey, we guessed that much.

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2015 4:32 PM

From a Canadian group that polices chemtrails, posted last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2015 4:34 PM

r102 You're on your second masters degree in English and Education and that's how you spell ad hominem? Your tuition money should be returned.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2015 4:36 PM

'A Canadian group'.

Group of what?

I looked, but I see no names for any of the site owners, and no credentials. It's a conspiracy site which pulls stories of the web that appear to support its conspiracy agenda.

Please post the educational qualifications of the site owners, R106.

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2015 4:39 PM

R107, marry me.

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2015 4:39 PM

I'm not assinine R103, I'm just a arguing my point without insulting. Just because I have different concerns than you it doesn't make me dumb or delusional. Maybe you are smarter or more scientific than I am, but you can't change the realiity of what we are seeing in the sky.

As an English major I don't claim to know all about science, but I know airplanes aren't supposed to by laying clouds across the sky...so why are they?

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2015 4:41 PM

Open your mind and start your OWN research, you pissy, obstinate cunt, R108. I'm not doing it for you. Or stay ignorant. You seem especially skilled at it...

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2015 4:43 PM

R107 caught me in a typo. How clever he is! Now someone finally wants to marry him. His proof reading skills trumped the inconvenient truth people here are patiently, politely trying to point out.

Go outside for a while R109 and breathe some aluminum, barium and strontium. Forget the real issue at hand, you're unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2015 4:47 PM

R11 that's a 'no, I have no links to peer-reviewed research findings by qualified research scientists who in any case I would not be able to follow because I am not educated in biochemical or indeed aviation engineering', is it?

I'll take your stompy feets silent exit as a 'yes'.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2015 4:47 PM

R112,

It's 'proofreading', petal, not 'proof reading'

by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2015 4:50 PM

You deniers are too much. I understand your fear and the existential insecurity that makes you want to identify with TPTB, but I wish there would be more of a serious discussion here.

I'll check back later, but I have homework to do (yes homework, grad school homework...no I'm not ignorant or stupid.)

While I'm gone don't assume you cowed or bullied me into silence by trying to shame me for believing my eyes. I am actually working to become even better educated...not that it matters, everyone's concerns and research into this topic is equally valid and should be equally respected.

I'll be back later.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2015 4:55 PM

[quote]We should be able to talk about these public health issues rationally

A discussion of an issue that doesn't exist is by its nature not going to be very rational.

[quote]Don't I have a right to know what they're doing up there?

They're flying planes, Roger Pedo-pus. That's what they're doing up there. And yes, it's normal for those planes to create clouds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2015 4:58 PM

Some lost people here.

"Free yourself from mental slavery / None but us can free our mind"

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2015 4:58 PM

[quote] everyone's concerns and research into this topic is equally valid

You really are an ignoramus if you think all research into any given topic is equally valid. Ever heard of the scientific method?

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2015 5:09 PM

R115... young, dumb, and gullible. And so ignorant of science that he's ignoring all the valid points here that refute his chosen belief in a grand conspiracy.

So weird. So stilly. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2015 5:18 PM

Trolldar is not your friend R114 R113 no one is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 120May 20, 2015 5:19 PM

[quote]As an English major I don't claim to know all about science, but I know airplanes aren't supposed to by laying clouds across the sky...so why are they?

So you admit your ignorance, but then claim to know something that isn't actually true.

Why don't you just admit your ignorance and actually open your mind to the information people who AREN'T ignorant in that subject area are trying to tell you.

It's funny how you claim to "KNOW" that airplanes don't stream out clouds behind them. Given that all jet engines everywhere always have when the atmospheric conditions are right. If you'd actually take a science course, you might disabuse yourself of these silly conspiracy theories.

BTW, when you don't know something, it's best to say "I don't know", rather than invent answers in your fantasies... whether it be invisible sky fairies, ancient aliens, or grand governmental conspiracies.

Let me break it down clearly from an earlier comment of yours:

[quote]No, I'm not a scientist,

CLEARLY.

[quote]but I am smart enough to be open minded

Except you're not... you seem very closed-minded to actual scientific explanations of what you're seeing, and really deeply invested in bizarre, non-sensical grand-conspiracy theories to the point you won't even CONSIDER that they're not true.

[quote]and I have the sense to realize that clouds aren't supposed to be formed by airplane exhaust.

And that's not "sense" that's "ignorance", because you have zero understanding of what clouds are, or how or why they form.

Because you're not a scientist, and in all your education, you apparently never even took any basic science or even logic courses.

by Anonymousreply 121May 20, 2015 5:26 PM

[quote]The hostile insulting nutty posts by the deniers really says a lot about their desire to passively accept everything government and the 1% tell them.

You people are so tedious, spewing this tired, repetitive crap. If the federal government and the 1% issued a joint proclamation saying Santa Claus isn't real, you'd immediately decide he is, and that he's probably dumping buckets of gift-wrapped toxins on us from his sleigh. I don't "passively accept" everything government leaders and/or obscenely rich people say, but that doesn't mean that every nutty-assed theory that purports to contradict the "official story" is true. If all that's required to meet your burden of proof for an idea like chemtrails can be boiled down to a) ooooh, it's so scary and sinister b) it contradicts what that gol-danged lyin' gubmint says—then don't kid yourself that you're using anything resembling a critical-thinking skill.

by Anonymousreply 122May 20, 2015 5:28 PM

R122 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 123May 20, 2015 5:30 PM

J'adore R122

by Anonymousreply 124May 20, 2015 5:33 PM

I think they're real. I've seen them. Not much more to say. We deserve the truth.

by Anonymousreply 125May 20, 2015 8:27 PM

R122 sounds frustrated and confused, take a nap sweetie

by Anonymousreply 126May 20, 2015 8:58 PM

I can't believe this thread is still at the top! I was posting in this last night - with the post about the calculations of what the atmospheric concentration would be IF chemtrails were real (from the irish climate website). Jaaaysus people...is the math so hard to follow?

I assumed this would be long dead by today 100 posts deep. The tooth fairy isn't real either OMG

by Anonymousreply 127May 20, 2015 9:03 PM

For all the Conspiracy nutters... I just flew across the Atlantic....

FYI no jet fuel is without a slight volume of water, miniscule.... This is beyond your comprehension but temps around the equator were between -45 -54 degrees at different Flight Levels and that causes trace water vapor to freeze instantly. That is your paranoid conspracy - water vapor freezing and chrystalizing instaneously.

I also saw a previous conspiracy fan to state that plans "do not fly criss crossing, etc" Sheer lunacy. How does this genius know what we do??

We follow, routes, tracks, and we offset, use various Flight Levels and yes we cross endlessly, frequently using the same tracks opposite headings at different altitudes, or offsets, or we cross each others tracks.

Total Lunacy, but if they wont believe the people that do the job, there really is nothing that can be said. Sadly I have seen the GOP coddle people like this to use them for votes. Pathetic, but works since the GOP is happier when people refuse to use the power of democracy and vote. Hopelessness about Conspiracy's is useful tool to create weak, non resistant citizenry.

by Anonymousreply 128May 20, 2015 9:39 PM

No he doesn't, R126. Take a nap, honey.

Also note, R128, that burning jet fuel (which has lots of hydrogen and carbon in it) with oxygen from the atmosphere creates exhaust that is a lot of carbon dioxide (carbon + oxygen) and water (hydrogen + oxygen). That's how it works. It's a chemical reaction that is explosive and creates thrust.

So streaming out of the back of a jet is a lot of hot water vapor, which condenses (aided by other particulates in the exhaust) when it hits the very cold air of the upper atmosphere.

Depending on the atmospheric conditions, the vapor trail can vanish quickly, or persist for a long time, or even seed the existing moisture and grow and expand over time.

THIS IS BASIC SCIENCE.

by Anonymousreply 129May 20, 2015 10:21 PM

If what R128 and R129 were saying was true how come these trails are a relatively new phenomenon? When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's we never saw these-just contrails that dissapated.

I think this started in the 90's, I didn't notice them until the 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2015 12:51 AM

[quote]If what [R128] and [R129] were saying was true how come these trails are a relatively new phenomenon?

1) there's nothing much new about them

2) planes are flying higher and faster than in the 70s and 80s, using different fuels, and very different engines

And your memory is faulty.

You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2015 12:58 AM

to r130 - They started in 1996. they are real. They are not aliens or mind control or some horrible conspiracy. They are an attempt to slow global climate change. What most people don't realize is that the earth is fucked. We have tipped beyond the point of no return and the climate changes are exponential. The environment has about 30 years left,then we will see mass migrations and wars fought over food and water. British, French and other European scientists have openly spoken about this. Only in the US are we kept blind.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2015 1:01 AM

[quote]They started in 1996. they are real.

Uh, no. And no. Just asserting something without evidence can be easily dismissed without evidence.

[quote]What most people don't realize is that the earth is fucked. We have tipped beyond the point of no return and the climate changes are exponential. The environment has about 30 years left, then we will see mass migrations and wars fought over food and water.

That's all true, but none of it is a secret, and it's been pointed out many times from many sources here in the US.

But there's still no such thing as chemtrails.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2015 1:06 AM

You know, you're right. And persuasive. Now that I see clearly, I understand this is just mist from airplanes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2015 1:10 AM

Bravo, R128.

'Hopelessness about Conspiracy's is useful tool to create weak, non resistant citizenry.'

Yes. Silly conspiracies distract people from actual matters that should be causing them outrage, like the billions that have been spent on illegal, destabilising wars in the Middle East, which is now seeing ISIS taking control of cities in Iraq and Syria. That's ISIS who kill gay men and sell women into slavery.

Chemtrail nonsense is a gift to actual power, which does what it does quite openly, quite brazenly, right under the noses of these idiot conspiracy nuts.

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2015 1:16 AM

It actually is, R134.

You want to know what's changed since the 70s? There is about a hundred to a thousand times the amount of air travel.

Here's a nice example of a day's worth of flights over the US (the video is from 5 years ago, so the traffic is even denser now)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2015 1:16 AM

Proof that chemtrails are real:

1966 government program using contrails to modify weather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2015 1:27 AM

You have a strange definition of "proof".

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2015 1:30 AM

r131 is right.

I'll bet the chemtrails conspiracy nuts also believe we faked the moon landings.

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2015 3:52 PM

R137 There was a time when USDA believed it was possible to sseed for Rain, to end drought. EPIC FAIL.

Among many reasons, the least is that the rotation of the Earth resulting in uneven heating of the Earths Surface helps create Wind, and that wind varies at many many levels, as little as 100' can provide a wind shift. "Seeding" anything is truly impossible. Of course, you would have to believe in GRAVITY, which is not readily acceptable to ChemTrailers - there is "no known there" and you true believers cant see it so must not be real ....your lying eyes! LOL

If "Seeding the atmosphere" was possible the entire East - Egypt to Iraq to Somalia to United Arab Emirates would be a paradise, they certainly have the oil money to do so. Give it up.

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Witchiepoo and her pointy little tinhat is ALL OVER THIS THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2015 4:32 PM

R140,

Can you read? The government program used CONTRAILS, as in the exhaust from jets to modify weather. When clouds are seeded for rain it doesn't come from the exhaust of jets.

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2015 4:46 PM

Now this is what I call one of the most unhinged threads I have ever seen on DL.

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2015 4:51 PM

Weather manipulation/cloud seeding has been around since the '40s, with Wilhelm Reich and his cloudbuster.

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2015 5:03 PM

true, but that has nothing to do with commercial jets overhead.

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2015 6:28 PM

My last post to the hopeless, easily manipulated, gulible clueless, GOP tools.... No there is no "ChemTrails," it is physically impossible due to the Earths rotation and Gravity. Wouldnt work, cant work. No conspiracy. Please do as you currently are - and keep your hopeless paranoid asses away from the voting booth.

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2015 7:14 PM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Not a one of you have put forth any evidence to corroborate this chemtrail horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2015 7:24 PM

Exactly, R147.

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2015 7:55 PM

I fucking hate that these loony conspiracy, chem trail, god-only-knows-what-else assholes are allowed to run rampant on the DL.

We do not need their level of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2015 8:12 PM

What sort of evidence would ever convince you people. The fact that you can go outside and see airplanes laying them across the sky doesn't convince you-what possibly could?!

If you don't believe your eyes what DO you believe?

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2015 9:33 PM

[quote]What sort of evidence would ever convince you people.

Samples? Photos and videos of the equipment? Chemical descriptions of the spray... collected from the so-called "chem-trails" themselves?

ANY information that in ANY way shows these things to not just be normal contrails doing what normal contrails are KNOWN to do?

You keep saying "don't you believe your eyes?" Well, honey, your eyes are lying to you somehow, because all that I see in all those pictures are just normal, every day contrails. You've shown me NOTHING that in ANY WAY seems to be unusual.

I believe facts. Eyes can be fooled. Memories can be fooled. Show me reproducible scientific findings, independently corroborated.

Not some blog post from some tin-had conspiracy theorist's website and some pictures of a bunch of normal contrails in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2015 9:37 PM

Lol at R151 the government shill...you are an unhinged moron

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2015 9:49 PM

R152, you're projecting.

I'm no shill. And nothing I said above had anything to do with "the government", just the most basic standards of proof and factual analysis and science.

Your contempt for actual evidence and science is quite telling.

The only unhinged moron here is you.

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2015 9:56 PM

Are you gay, R152?

This is a site for gay people. Why are you here? You do not sound gay.

This is not a site for conspiracy nuts.

If you chose to barge in here where you do not belong, post your clap-trap, the smart, bullshit-intolerant gay people here will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

by Anonymousreply 154May 21, 2015 10:01 PM

[quote]you are an unhinged moron

Let's see. r151 looks at contrails and sees contrails, whereas you look at contrails and see the end results of some grand conspiracy to poison the world (a world that the conspirators themselves also have to live in, btw) and you think r151 is the unhinged moron? Okay .....

by Anonymousreply 155May 21, 2015 10:07 PM

Why do they have to be morons? Either there are chemtrails or there aren't. Either there's reasons to investigate possible chemtrails (legitimate concerns) or there are not. Why the name calling it? It would be better to ask about the topic, if someone knows anything about it than being a dick.

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2015 10:08 PM

NDT says it best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2015 10:59 PM

[quote]Why do they have to be morons?

I don't know - low IQ, no education, lack of proper nutrition - all of the above, it could be anything.

[quote]Either there are chemtrails or there aren't.

It's already been established that there aren't.

[quote]Either there's [sic] reasons to investigate possible chemtrails (legitimate concerns) or there are not.

It's already been established that there are not.

[quote]Why the name calling it?

Pardon? Calling it? Calling what?

[quote]It would be better to ask about the topic, if someone knows anything about it than being a dick.

And it would be better for you to go fuck yourself with a lead pipe but here you are, bothering your betters instead.

You don't deserve any explanation but I'll give you one. These conspiracy freaks have infested our gay gossip website with their endlessly crazy delusions. They are here EVERY DAY with that shit. We will brutalize them until they are banned or leave willingly. That's how we roll.

Welcome to the Datalounge. We are not your usual sort of website. Here, people are encouraged to be dicks and we enjoy that. You, evidently, do not enjoy that. There are 50,000,000 other websites for you to visit. Please go find one that is run more to your liking.

If you choose to stay here, be aware that I (and others) will not be this kind to you if you pull this ridiculous bullshit again.

Buh-bye, special snowflake. t

by Anonymousreply 158May 21, 2015 11:32 PM

The chemtrails contain heavy metals that enhance the electronic fog(mind control, etc.) we all live in.

by Anonymousreply 159May 21, 2015 11:42 PM

R159, says who? What proof do you have of that? What evidence is there that heavy-metals even form an aerosol? Or that such an aerosol in any way enhances "mind control"? Where are the studies?

by Anonymousreply 160May 21, 2015 11:45 PM

Mind control?!!!?

Really???

by Anonymousreply 161May 21, 2015 11:48 PM

No worries, kids, just wear a hat like Glenn and all will be well. No chemtrails can penetrate this clever safety headgear and it's available at your local supermarket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 21, 2015 11:55 PM

[quote]What sort of evidence would ever convince you people.

Ask yourself the same question, nutloaf at r150. Multiple posters in this thread have explained patiently and carefully what contrails are, how they form, why some dissipate faster than others, why their appearance has changed since the 1970s, and why a plan to disseminate chemicals into the atmosphere via jet exhaust would not work and still you insist that when you look to the sky and see contrails, you are really seeing nefarious "chemtrails."

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2015 12:23 AM

R163, I posted a link to a government program using CONTRAILS to spray chemicals into the air to modify weather. That's proof that the phenomenon is real.

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2015 12:41 AM

No, it isn't R164.

Just because you desperately want to believe it, that doesn't mean it's true.

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2015 12:43 AM

R165, Yes it is. It fulfills the basic theory of Chemtrails, that contrails are being used to disperse chemicals into the air. We have a government program doing this, thus it's real.

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2015 12:48 AM

it's real folks. some of you are so fucking dumb. China has been doing this. They have shit visibility and they have been doing this. Do your research dumb fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2015 12:51 AM

So is the issue that people like R164 are too ignorant to understand science, proof and facts? Is it our lower than the gutter science and math educational standards?

Is it actually just stupidity? People have explained the facts of this matter quite clearly to them several times. We can't be the first group of people to do that. Maybe these chemtrail freaks are just really, really dumb people.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2015 12:52 AM

R166, just how gullible are you?

I have a mug that says "World's Greatest Programmer". Clearly that's unassailable evidence that it must be true.

(rolling eyes at you)

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2015 12:57 AM

The only fucking dumb people here are the tin-hat conspiracy theorists that believe this bullshit in spite of the utter and total lack of any real evidence, and in the face of all the evidence, facts, reasons, and science that prove this entire concept is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2015 12:58 AM

R170, Right. There's no evidence except for the government program using jet exhaust contrails to disperse chemicals into the air to modify the weather. But no evidence at all. You are a complete buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2015 1:03 AM

I KNOW that R169 is the world's best programmer.

He says so AND he has the mug that says so. PROOF!!

He has the evidence! It's real! It exists!

Damn all you naysayers!

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2015 1:12 AM

Just a thought: if there is a conspiracy affecting the entire population, wouldn't those involved actually be poisoning their family and friends?

Why would they do that? How is the conspiracy kept quiet? Surely someone would blab...

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2015 1:19 AM

Lol the unhinged government shill troll is really frothing on this one. I hope they pay you well and then fire you shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2015 1:23 AM

Remember this Kate Bush video about Wilhelm Reich, for her song "Cloudbusting"? Donald Sutherland plays the Reich character. They made a cloudbuster gun for the video. Kate plays David Reich, his son. I couldn't believe after seeing this video so many times that it turned out to be real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2015 1:29 AM

Witchie-Poo don't you have something else to occupy your time then posting lunatic posts all day.

This is a gay gossip and bitchery board, not your personal paranoid blog. Go post somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2015 1:34 AM

Trust me I work in the Government and for you own sakes keep your mouths closed about this. It's all for the greater good. Now move along.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2015 1:36 AM

R176, I think it's actually Witchie-poo-shoes.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2015 2:11 AM

I don't at all; but I remember in jr. highschool a friend of mine believed in them.

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2015 2:15 AM

[quote]I posted a link to a government program using CONTRAILS to spray chemicals into the air to modify weather. That's proof that the phenomenon is real.

• The report you linked to is 49 years old.

• You apparently missed the word "recommended" in the title of the report. The *recommended* program was never implemented, because scientists figured out it wouldn't work—which is too bad because California and many other areas of the country and the world would benefit immensely if humans could actually make rain in times of drought.

• The report never says anything about using jet contrails to seed clouds with rain-making chemicals.

Other than that, wow—your proof is incontrovertible!

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2015 2:33 AM

I am gay and I come here regularly. I am not an Alex Jones or Glenn Beck fan. I do believe that some conspiracy theories are real because I have an open mind and because they make sense.

I KNOW chemtrails are real because I see them.

You all can make fun of me as much as you want, but it won't change the truth that's emblazoned across the sky. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Whether they're benign or harmful, I don't know. What I DO know, beyond a doubt, is that when there's a bunch of them crisscrossing the sky they are fucking HIDEOUS. Someone should dig up old photos and video from the 60s and 70s of heavily air trafficked areas and see if the sky looked the same then. I plan to, just out of curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Oh lord, poor R181.

Honey, what you think you're seeing is not what you are actually seeing. Look into science, you'll learn so much about the world.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2015 2:39 AM

Here you go, r182.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2015 2:40 AM

Passive diffusion alone makes chemtrails as efficient as taking a piss in the ocean. The volume of the earths atmosphere is just to big for them to have an impact on the area below their release. Those insignificant amount of "Chemicals" dilute themselves in the atmospheric space. This is almost basic high school since.

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2015 2:42 AM

Ok... let's say that for the sake of argument that these "chemtrails" are what some claim they are.

So?

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2015 2:47 AM

[quote]I KNOW chemtrails are real because I see them.

Honestly, this is the dumbest argument ever. The fact that you can look up and see a jet farting out a long white cloud of SOMETHING six miles above you proves NOTHING about what is in that cloud or whether it differs from any normal jet contrail. Obviously you and your naked eyes six miles below the cloud have no way of determining its chemical composition just because you can see the damned thing.

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2015 2:55 AM

My friend's friend's cousin was the air force pilot who admitted he spread chemtrails all day with heavy metals and mind control drugs. He also mentioned that the ticks spread with the chemtrails to foster Lyme disease and fibromyalgia are raised on enormous tick farms in the Nevada desert.

On Google maps you can see areas that are obviously blurred in the Nevada desert. I think that's proof positive that specialized military tick wranglers are breeding ticks suitable for surviving a fall from a great height and going on to infect civilians.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2015 2:56 AM

R186, my old hippie neighbor once told me the chemtrails were vaccinating us against anthrax (back in the day of the anthrax scare), and were also dropping some kind of tranquilizer down on us in order to make people less likely to rise up and revolt against the government.

by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2015 2:57 AM

R182... you've been owned... game, set, and match.

Will you admit now that there's nothing weird or nefarious going on now?

Will you let go of this ridiculously stupid tin-hat conspiracy theory?

by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2015 3:43 AM

I can't believe someone actually said that gravity and the earth's rotation made the arial spraying of chemtrails impossible.

If that were true then wouldn't air pollution also be impossible?

Chemtrails are real.

by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2015 3:54 AM

Oh my god - the sheer TONNAGE of stupidity in these "chemtrails are real" freaks is astonishing.

Science is real, you morons. SCIENCE.

by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2015 4:11 AM

[quote]I can't believe someone actually said that gravity and the earth's rotation made the arial spraying of chemtrails impossible.

No one said that the spraying itself would be impossible, just that the spray would have about as much impact as a piss in the ocean (as r185 put it).

[quote]If that were true then wouldn't air pollution also be impossible?

Air pollution is caused by activities that happen on Earth, not several miles above it, you retarded motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 193May 22, 2015 4:20 AM

Seriously, R192.

No, R191... Chemtrails are not real. Seriously, why do you believe so fervently in something with zero ACTUAL evidence, especially when there is TONS of reason, logic, and evidence debunking it?

Why do you cling so tightly to the lie, so closed minded that you won't even ENTERTAIN the possibility that you've bought a bill of goods, been duped, and aren't actually correct in your wild assertions?

by Anonymousreply 194May 22, 2015 4:22 AM

[quote]I think it's actually Witchie-poo-shoes.

Very likely. Same writing style. Same stubborn fervor of willful stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 195May 22, 2015 4:30 AM

disnfo going on here now

by Anonymousreply 196May 22, 2015 4:32 AM

Denial of reality and surrender to delusion is going on from the "chem-trails" nut-jobs in this thread now.

by Anonymousreply 197May 22, 2015 4:35 AM

Thank you, R197, my thoughts exactly.

The only "disnfo" going on in here is the bizarro world fantasies coming from the chemtrails-are-real crowd.

SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE

Seriously, you dumb bitches, SCIENCE is your friend, conspiracy theorists are not your friends.

by Anonymousreply 198May 22, 2015 4:40 AM

Eh, it's the only way to fill their lonely days. Believing in conspiracies offers them something. What that is, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 199May 22, 2015 4:42 AM

Thank you to the persons who take time to explain contrails. The Illuminati .... originally a sci fi book....now has taken on a life of its own & warps more minds every day. Anyone who is successful is now a secret master or something. You are some pro tweakers, I'll give you that. I saw a contrail in the sky that looked like a scimitar and I was so so scared. Not. But it was cool.

by Anonymousreply 200May 22, 2015 4:54 AM

For those who don't know, Witchiepoo--who OP very likely is--has at various times claimed: that he was a witch, that he was a psychic, that he's had experiences with the paranormal, and that he has had experiences with UFOs.

In short, there has never been an instance of magical thinking he didn't like, and he especially likes to bleed the righteous blood of a martyr when called out on his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2015 12:36 PM

Retread the thread title and OP, r150. Witchie Poo may well be in here, but I doubt he started the thread.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2015 12:43 PM

There's an interesting documentary about the subject called "What In The World Are They Spraying?"

Some whistleblowers involved with aerial spraying have come forward. Of course the MSM ignores them and perpetuates the ignorance.

Chemtrails can cause respiratory disease, too.

by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2015 1:56 PM

There are a lot of "documentaries" about things that aren't true.

Look, the chem-trail believers have been owned in this thread... proven to be delusional, their beliefs soundly debunked.

They are simply unwilling or unable to acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2015 2:18 PM

You can't compare something like a factory, that pumps out waste exhaust almost 24/7 into the air and thus creating a local pollution problem (at around sea level altitudes); to a plane spraying "chemicals" once a week (and im being generous, its probably much less than that) at very high altitudes.

Its almost common sense.

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2015 2:26 PM

What specific mental illness is Witchiepoo suffering from? Any pros on the thread care to diagnose her? She's clearly batshit fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2015 2:34 PM

That about covers it.

by Anonymousreply 207May 22, 2015 2:35 PM

Even if Chemtrail spraying is only taking place once a week R205, and it is actually far more often than that, I think it's something the public needs to be informed about.

I want to know what is in them and why they are doing it?

I can't believe so many people are gullible enough to blindly obey TPTB and just not look up at the sky.

by Anonymousreply 208May 22, 2015 3:11 PM

wow, r208.

I hope you are under a doctor's care.

by Anonymousreply 209May 22, 2015 3:12 PM

People don't possess critical thinking skills anymore. They can't see past the programming that "everything is fine". They have a bloodthirsty need to attack those who question accepted norms. White grids of slowly dissolving chemicals in the sky is not normal; it has only been common for fifteen or so years. The slaves don't want to see, don't want to consider. The slaves just want to attack those that do, so they can feel momentarily powerful.

by Anonymousreply 210May 22, 2015 3:21 PM

mentally ill, you are, r210.

by Anonymousreply 211May 22, 2015 3:24 PM

@R208 You have a point. If they were spraying chemicals we should be informed on what it is they are using. However since I dont believe they are, because you know science and logic, then there is no need to take it further. BTW I just looked up at the sky. I see no chemtrails sorry!

by Anonymousreply 212May 22, 2015 3:31 PM

R13 Just like religion, conspiracy theories are a form of mental illness. And the more outrageous they sound and the less evidence there is, the more likely they are to be believed.

We only treat this as normal because so many people indulge in it.

by Anonymousreply 213May 22, 2015 3:51 PM

[quote]Just like religion, conspiracy theories are a form of mental illness. And the more outrageous they sound and the less evidence there is, the more likely they are to be believed.

Right you are, R213! And don't forget the element of perceived martyrdom anytime someone shows them that the emperor has no clothing and that they are indeed batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 214May 22, 2015 4:12 PM

If you are so convinced you're right, r208, why are you going to the trouble of clearing your cookies?

by Anonymousreply 215May 22, 2015 4:20 PM

[quote]George Bush and the American congress believed in WWD.

I had no idea Bush was that into fashion!

by Anonymousreply 216May 22, 2015 4:35 PM

R215 the government shill doesn't get trolldar, wow you twerps are stupid. Your disinfo is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 217May 22, 2015 5:21 PM

They must be real. I've seen them. They are like contrails from the planes, but they stay around, swell up in size then completely cover the sky.

Also, planes usually lay them across the sky in grid patterns or parallel lines.

The people who don't believe or want to believe must live in places where the program's haven't started yet. They've been doing it here since the early 2000's. I never saw it happen before then, it's something new. Sort of freaky. I wonder if they're making folks sick.

by Anonymousreply 218May 22, 2015 6:40 PM

Theme song for R217

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 22, 2015 6:42 PM

So these chemtrails-are-real loons, do they actually not know (or not understand) how and why air travel has changed over the past 50 years? Do they not know that fuel is different, the altitude and speed of the planes is different, the engines are different - and that's why the contrails look different now?

Why is this so hard for them to grasp? It's quite simple, really, and obvious. It has to be more than their basic ignorance (although that's a huge factor). There is also this child-like insecurity and fear-based fantasizing. I wonder if the DL shrinks can shed some light on it? There must be a diagnosis here, possibly a multiple diagnosis.

Witchie-poo-shoes, our resident batshit loon, is not going to be allowed to pass this garbage off as fact.

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2015 6:59 PM

shillqueen in full effect

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2015 7:05 PM

Has anyone else, in the anti-wackadoodle camp, noticed the the new buzz phrase from CT's seems to be "you obviously have no critical thinking skills" or something very close to that? I am barraged by that statement on another site where I am constantly attempting to disabuse the locals of the many unfounded threats to their very lives which they believe bombard them daily. How odd that they choose that very phrase, for that is exactly what I am thinking about them. The fact that I do not think that we are about to be rounded up and thrown into FEMA Camps, or I do not believe that chemtrails are being introduced in order to turn black men gay, I HAVE NO CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS???

Any advice from the scientific intellects here on a great succinct way for me to knock that one down once and for all? I've already used the common sense notion that the chemicals do not have the ability to discern ethnicity/race, therefore, were it true, an entire metropolitan area could become a de facto WEHO overnight. The response is that government scientists have developed something of a "neutron bomb" chemical which is ONLY effective on black men. That was the purpose of the flu shot campaign: harvesting black DNA to use in creating the chems to be used in the chemtrails. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2015 7:24 PM

Wit & Wisdom for R213

by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2015 7:29 PM

R222 - you are trying to use educated, logical arguments with uneducated, illogical people. It's a total waste of your time.

These conspiracy nuts are conspiracy nuts for a reason. There is something fundamentally broken inside of them. They live in a constant state of internalized fear and anxiety. That's why they invent these overwhelming external threats. It reflects their psychological and emotional lives. Basically, they are fucked up beyond all recognition and they have no idea that [italic]the call is coming from inside the house.[/italic]

They deserve our pity more than our contempt but they're so aggressively stupid and unpleasant that all a normal person wants to do is bitchslap them into next week.

by Anonymousreply 224May 23, 2015 12:08 AM

What R224 says may be true of people who become completely obsessed/preoccupied with conspiracy theories, as it is true with people who go nuts over anything. It is, however, profoundly unfair to accuse everyone who thinks differently than you of being crazy, fearful or broken inside.

I am concerned about Chemtrails. I believe in the possibility/probability of some conspiracies. I am also an educated, level-headed person. I am a critical thinker and I have made different conclusions than you.

My contribution to this discussion is valid and deserves respect.

by Anonymousreply 225May 23, 2015 1:35 AM

Lol the idiot disinfo shill is now talking to her fat self...

by Anonymousreply 226May 23, 2015 1:39 AM

No, R225, you are completely wrong.

People within this very thread have posted facts, science, proof, links, all kinds of useful information for anyone who wants to know the truth. You are either ignoring it so that you don't have to acknowledge and deal with it or are intellectually incapable of actually processing the information. That tells us that there is something seriously wrong with you and that your "contribution" to this thread is neither valid nor deserving of respect.

Science is valid, I respect science. You don't have any.

by Anonymousreply 227May 23, 2015 1:54 AM

R227 The "official" sanctioned approved science accepted by TPTB don't explore/reveal their findings about everything. Look at how "science" allowed NutraSweet on to the market along with so many prescription drugs that turned out to be toxic.

"Science" used to insist we were mentally ill because we're gay and that "refrigerator moms" caused autism. "Science" knows who pays the bills and without funding areas of concern, such as health problems caused by arial spraying do not get funding.

Even if it did we wouldn't know the results. This is a top secret government project (like HAARP) the "science" is not revealed to the general public. All we can do is look up to the sky and wonder...and worry....

...or ignore and insist we're not seeing what we see. I'm simply not capable of that level of cognitive dissonance.

by Anonymousreply 228May 23, 2015 2:06 AM

God, you people are shockingly, appallingly, mind-bendingly stupid.

Fine. Don't trust or believe in science. I don't know why I expected you to - your mental illness will never allow factual information to penetrate.

For the sake of your parents and families, I hope you find some medication or a psychiatrist or both, whatever it is you need to become normal, non-paranoid-hysteric human beings.

by Anonymousreply 229May 23, 2015 2:17 AM

R228 makes sense. At least you all could be respectful and open-minded. I'm glad we have a chance to talk about Chemtrails here. FWIW

by Anonymousreply 230May 23, 2015 2:33 AM

This thread has been repeating itself for two days.

But it's still fun reading.

by Anonymousreply 231May 23, 2015 2:39 AM

Why, next you'll say fluoride is a neurotoxin, is not good for teeth, and is being systematically removed from local water in Canada. Conspiracy freaks!

by Anonymousreply 232May 23, 2015 2:44 AM

It's an important subject R231 and it doesn't get talked about much. Does anyone here have any theories about the science or social agenda behind these things? What are they anyway?

by Anonymousreply 233May 23, 2015 2:45 AM

[quote]Does anyone here have any theories about the science or social agenda behind these things? What are they anyway?

Have you read any of this thread?

The first page will be enough as the rest of it is just repeats.

by Anonymousreply 234May 23, 2015 3:07 AM

It seems like it gets so much windier lately than it used to. That may be off-topic or maybe it's connected somehow. They do have something to do with weather modification, at least the experts seem to think so.

by Anonymousreply 235May 23, 2015 3:16 AM

[quote]the experts

that's quite a loose term

by Anonymousreply 236May 23, 2015 3:21 AM

[quote]It seems like it gets so much windier lately than it used to.

If that's true (I'm not aware of objective analysis, so it's just your subjective perception here), it's connected to global warming... not to some fantasy conspiracy about "chemtrails".

More energy in the atmosphere (i.e. "warmer") means more extremes. Wind is caused primarily by the uneven heating of the earth's surface (warm air rises, causing cooler surrounding air to rush in at the surface).

by Anonymousreply 237May 23, 2015 3:39 AM

[quote]There is something fundamentally broken inside of them. They live in a constant state of internalized fear and anxiety. That's why they invent these overwhelming external threats. It reflects their psychological and emotional lives.

I agree with your description about those who believe in chemtrails. But it also applies to those who believe in global warming. And I don't understand why the belief in global warming is considered intelligent and sane, while the belief in the science that discredits it is considered unintelligent and unhinged.

The chemtrail folks sound A LOT like the global-warming crowd.

by Anonymousreply 238May 23, 2015 3:49 AM

[quote]But it also applies to those who believe in global warming

No, it doesn't. False equivalency. Chemtrails have no scientific evidence. Global warming has [italic]overwhelming[/italic] scientific evidence.

[quote]And I don't understand why the belief in global warming is considered intelligent and sane, while the belief in the science that discredits it is considered unintelligent and unhinged.

Because there isn't much in the way of actual real science that discredits global warming.

If you want to make an equivalency... belief in "Chemtrails" requires a belief in an unlikely and even ridiculously complex grand conspiracy... while denial of global warming also requires a belief in an unlikely and even ridiculously complex grand conspiracy.

So, no, you're wrong and have it backwards. The Chemtail people are like the global warming denialists.

by Anonymousreply 239May 23, 2015 4:00 AM

R239 is an unhinged moron

by Anonymousreply 240May 23, 2015 4:12 AM

How so, R240? For explaining obvious facts calmly and rationally? Is that it.

by Anonymousreply 241May 23, 2015 4:15 AM

There is very good science which shows that so-called global warming is not caused by mankind. There is not good science showing that global warming is. But it's a political, strangely "noble" cause whose adherents ignore good science.

by Anonymousreply 242May 23, 2015 4:31 AM

[quote]There is very good science which shows that so-called global warming is not caused by mankind.

There actually isn't..

[quote] There is not good science showing that global warming is.

There actually is.

[quote]But it's a political, strangely "noble" cause whose adherents ignore good science.

Only the deniers are ignoring good science.

by Anonymousreply 243May 23, 2015 4:35 AM

R243 is correct in every respect.

So wait - the chemtrails freaks are also the global warming denial morons?

Wow. How much stupid can these people fit into one brain? Do they also believe the Earth is flat?

by Anonymousreply 244May 23, 2015 4:42 AM

No, the global-warming hysterics sound like the chemtrail hysterics. Both crowds have agendas which lean toward their own lack of mental wellness.

by Anonymousreply 245May 23, 2015 4:44 AM

No, R245.

Belief in chemtrails requires the same sort of paranoid belief in grand conspiracies as global warming denialism.

You're not getting it.

by Anonymousreply 246May 23, 2015 4:49 AM

[quote]No, the global-warming hysterics sound like the chemtrail hysterics. Both crowds have agendas which lean toward their own lack of mental wellness.

This article explains this very well regarding global-warming adherents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 23, 2015 4:50 AM

R246 has it - chemtrails and global warming deniers share common traits.

Science supports the fact that global warming is real. (It doesn't matter whether you believe it is man-made or made some other way - it's still real.)

Science supports the fact that chemtrails are NOT real.

Global warming deniers and chemtrails believers are two peas in a pod.

Global warming believers and chemtrails deniers are two peas in a pod.

So there you go, kids.

by Anonymousreply 248May 23, 2015 4:55 AM

How is not accepting bad science regarding so-called global warming a paranoid belief in grand conspiracies? Trusting science isn't being paranoid. Not believing in something that is made up shows intelligence.

Chemtrails and global warming are made up ideas with pseudo-science backing.

by Anonymousreply 249May 23, 2015 4:58 AM

No, R249, you're quite wrong and obviously quite determined to BE wrong so have it your own way.

There is no need to discuss this any further. Buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 250May 23, 2015 5:14 AM

[quote]How is not accepting bad science regarding so-called global warming a paranoid belief in grand conspiracies?

Because you have to believe that tens of thousands of scientists across all scientific disciplines and across the entire world, along with all their data (which all dove-tails with each other showing human caused global warming) are in grand cahoots to somehow swindle the entire planet for some unexplained reason.

[quote]Trusting science isn't being paranoid.

True. The science points directly to global warming that has a significant human cause.

[quote]Not believing in something that is made up shows intelligence.

True. Chemtrails are made up. So is global warming denialism. (please note that all the "sources" for denialism can be directly traced to the fossil fuel industry, and all the same organizations involved in peddling the "cigarettes are safe" denialism of past decades).

Human-caused global warming is science, not 'pseudo-science'.

by Anonymousreply 251May 23, 2015 5:16 AM

A dose of reality is due a lot of people...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 23, 2015 5:33 AM

Where I live it seems to get colder and colder. The winters have been brutal. I sometimes wonder if we're going into another ice age.

by Anonymousreply 253May 23, 2015 1:28 PM

[quote]I am gay and I come here regularly.

Highly doubtful. You are an obscure member of SAG and believe you pass for 20 when, in reality, you look every bit of your age and you have an odd obsession with George Clooney and have been banned from numerous other websites because of outlandish accusations and stalkerish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 254May 23, 2015 1:40 PM

Lol the witchie poo government shill has gone batshit, get help idiot you know nothing about science.

by Anonymousreply 255May 23, 2015 4:27 PM

Former porn star Benjamin Bradley, for one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 23, 2015 4:33 PM

Prince, discussing chemtrails on Tavis Smalley:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 23, 2015 4:38 PM

Prince slipped off the mental edge a long, long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 258May 23, 2015 4:40 PM

R253 lives in one of the blue areas in this map, and makes the mistake of assuming the rest of the world is like where he is... or that the rest of the world doesn't matter, only HIS personal experience does:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2015 4:42 PM

This is a similar image that should post in-line for those with that option set:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2015 4:43 PM

I, for one, believe in chemtrails.

I also uploaded this video where you can see that the GUVMINT is PUTTING CHEMICALS in OUR WATER and MAKING BAD THINGS OOZE OUT OF THE GROUND.

Because why else would I be able to see this rainbow in my sprinkler, if not for guvmint and chemtrails and and and oozing things?!?!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2015 4:54 PM

R261 that video has always been utterly hilarious -- and terrifying -- to me. That people are THAT IGNORANT of even the most basic science.

by Anonymousreply 262May 23, 2015 5:10 PM

Actually the link R256 provided is a good one with lots of resources regarding the issue.

The blogger may have been a porn star, but his research and written work is sound. I hope people check it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2015 7:48 PM

You're right R259 I do live in one of the blue areas and climate change has had a terrible impact on us. I believe that the globe has been warming overall and am greatly concerned about it. I don't want the Northeast U.S. to go into another ice age and it seems to be happening-that is scary.

That doesn't mean I am not concerned about other environmental issues like arial spraying. And, no, I'm the furthest thing from self-absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2015 7:52 PM

Could you at least learn to spell "aerial" if you're going to keep yapping about this nonsense, r264? And, yes, by "nonsense," I mean "chemtrails," not global warming, which actual scientific evidence supports.

by Anonymousreply 265May 23, 2015 8:04 PM

Okay "aerial." I wondered why spell check kept flagging that word. Anyway, a misspelling doesn't distract from the validity of my points.

Global warming is as real as chemtrails. I'm not arguing with that.

by Anonymousreply 266May 24, 2015 12:42 AM

No, R266. Global warming is actually real.

Chemtrails are a fantasy tin-hat conspiracy theory.

Why you can't see the obvious is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 267May 24, 2015 1:25 AM

It's good that this important issue is being discussed. But, the webmaster should change the title to something that's not biased and insulting.

There is room for different points of view in this debate.

by Anonymousreply 268May 24, 2015 5:47 AM

R258, ignorance is not a valid point of view.

by Anonymousreply 269May 24, 2015 5:53 AM

With my Bachelor of Arts, I am the first to admit that science has never been my strong suit, but I am very logical, pragmatic and I am smart enough to recognize those around me who do have the abilities which I lack. When someone like Rachel Maddow, uses the term "chemtrails" as verbal shorthand for a nutcase conspiracy theory, that is good enough for me. For those of you who are so wedded to the idea of chemtrails, my question is why? Do you feel that your physical or mental health is at risk? Is it a deep seated distrust of Big Brother? Do you feel that "The Man" is listening to your thoughts? There are so many issues surrounding us everyday which we know to be real and true. Why on earth are you focusing on something which, even if it were real, presents such an improbable risk to you?

by Anonymousreply 270May 24, 2015 9:18 AM

because, crazy.

by Anonymousreply 271May 24, 2015 10:43 AM

I find it very difficult to accept that the posters who sound like straight , meth crazed hillbillies, who post like this : 'Lol. Shill. Moron. Slave. Disinfo. Lol. ' are actually gay.

What the fuck are they doing here?

Maybe they are closeted hillbillies and came for the pron, and stayed when they figured they can post any trash they like without webmaster sanctions.

Luckily , there are enough educated and rational gay people here to police the place, though it feels like emptying a bath tub with a teaspoon sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 272May 24, 2015 2:21 PM

it really does.

by Anonymousreply 273May 24, 2015 2:58 PM

I was one of the doubters, calling people here who bring up the important topic of chemtrails morons, but then R256 posted a link to a pornstar's blog... and my world is forever changed! I believe! He's so right, and it was all right there, outside his window in Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 274May 24, 2015 3:11 PM

Sadly, there are those that won't recognize the dripping sarcasm in R274's hilarious post.

by Anonymousreply 275May 24, 2015 4:07 PM

[quote] There is room for different points of view in this debate.

No, really, there isn't room, because this is not a debate. "Do chemtrails exist?" is not an opinion question such as "should the US legalize same-sex marriage on the federal level?" or "should abortion be illegal after 20 weeks?" or "which movie should win the Oscar for best picture this year?" Either chemtrails exist or they do not—it's not a matter of opinion. Evidence overwhelmingly indicates not only that chemtrails don't exist (except in the minds of under-bright conspiracy wackos) but that spraying shit out of the back of a jet five or six miles high could not possibly have an effect on the air we breathe down here on the ground anyway.

by Anonymousreply 276May 24, 2015 5:54 PM

R272, honey, please adjust that tin hat, it looks so gauche worn high on the head! I find a jaunty angle, low over one eye, looks fun and breezy.

by Anonymousreply 277May 24, 2015 6:04 PM

R277 was for R274

by Anonymousreply 278May 24, 2015 6:07 PM

[quote]When someone like Rachel Maddow, uses the term "chemtrails" as verbal shorthand for a nutcase conspiracy theory, that is good enough for me

Rachel Maddow would not have her own show on a cable news network if she weren't one of "them" in all the ways that really matter.

Rachel represents controlled dissent. She is the token liberal who would never be allowed to take a stand that might really challenge The Powers That Be.

Rachel would call the smartest scientists in the world "nutjobs" if they said anything that went against the people who sign Rachel's paycheck. She is a media whore like all the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 279May 24, 2015 6:11 PM

Everyone breathes the atmosphere. Do these "chemtrails" weirdos think the "perpetrators" are somehow immune, or what?

Get some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2015 6:13 PM

R279 You are black aren't you? I recognize all the buzz words from my many discussions re: chemtrails are a part of the Government's plan to de-masculinize black men. Referencing TPTB and controlled dissent were dead giveaways.

Well, at least you are consistent. I would expect someone who believes that chemtrails exists would also assume that Rachel is just a stooge for "The Man."

by Anonymousreply 281May 24, 2015 6:20 PM

More delusionally paranoid conspiracy bullshit from R279

And R277/R278, thanks for proving R275 right.

by Anonymousreply 282May 24, 2015 6:22 PM

There are Chemtrails in the sky where I live right now. It's bothering my sinuses. Don't tell me they're harmless vapor.

by Anonymousreply 283May 24, 2015 6:30 PM

[quote]I would expect someone who believes that chemtrails exists would also assume that Rachel is just a stooge for "The Man."

How does one get a gig on a cable news network without being a stooge for "The Man?"

They murder real journalists in this country. If Rachel's reporting were anything more than a mere annoyance to anyone with real power, she wouldn't be where she is.

MSNBC, the so-called "liberal" news news gave Ashleigh Banfield the boot for daring to opine that reporters who are "embedded" with US troops overseas aren't able to report objectively.

by Anonymousreply 284May 24, 2015 6:36 PM

R282, I entirely and wholly 'got' the sarcasm of R275's funny post, thank you very much, and I showed him my appreciation in the same light hearted vein.

by Anonymousreply 285May 24, 2015 6:52 PM

R283, there's no such thing as chemtrails.

There are contrails in the sky. And they're much too far away to affect your sinuses.

by Anonymousreply 286May 24, 2015 7:20 PM

R280 Rasises a good question. I don't know how the 1% and their families aren't sickened by chemtrails. Does anyone here have any theories?

It could be that the aerial spraying program isn't intended to harm people's health of affect their thinking. It might just be part of a weather modification program. Maybe to combat global warming. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

We should try to make this a productive discussion and drop the name-calling and temper tantrums by the skeptics and deniers. There's too much hysteria among those who choose not to acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 287May 24, 2015 7:21 PM

R287, how about you provide ANY proof that such a program actually exists, and isn't just what people have been saying here (i.e. just normal jet contrails) before trying to spend a lot of energy and time fantasizing about WHY the program exists?

by Anonymousreply 288May 24, 2015 7:27 PM

Are you a gay male, R288? If so, when is the last time you sucked a cock? Are you a top or a bottom?

Maybe you're one of the few lesbians on datalounge. If so, when did you last suck on another woman's clit?

If you are neither, what the fuck are you doing on this site for GAY people, trying to set up a little conspiracy theory shop ? There are a million sites and blogs where you can discuss your delusions - datalounge is not one of them and we will not tolerate your nonsense here.

by Anonymousreply 289May 24, 2015 7:37 PM

R289 was for R287!

by Anonymousreply 290May 24, 2015 7:39 PM

Yep…Benjamin Bradley even started a 'Meetup' group in Las Vegas for those concerned about chemtrails:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 24, 2015 8:12 PM

Why can't gay people be concerned about Chemtrails? I'm gay and the aerial spraying issue is very interesting to me. A person can be gay AND interested in science, politics and conspiracy theory. It's called being smart.

by Anonymousreply 292May 24, 2015 11:05 PM

You can't be interested in both science and conspiracy theories. They are opposites.

by Anonymousreply 293May 24, 2015 11:09 PM

R293, I bet the victims of the Tuskegee Syphilis study would disagree with you that scientists never conspire to harm innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 294May 25, 2015 1:14 AM

r294, r293 didn't say dick about scientists conspiring about anyone, innocent or not.

That said, I thought the Tuskegee study subjects were prison inmates, convicted of something, rightfully or not, but presumably not "innocent."

by Anonymousreply 295May 25, 2015 1:45 AM

Incredible R295. Prisoners are still humans. Check your moral inferiority, please.

by Anonymousreply 296May 25, 2015 1:47 AM

"The Tuskegee syphilis experiment was an infamous clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the U.S. Public Health Service to study the natural progression of untreated syphilis in rural African-American men in Alabama. They were told that they were receiving free health care from the U.S. government."

Your government often conspires to kill your fellow citizens. Maybe you will be on e of the unlucky ones who will be killed to further some government agenda. It is entirely possible.

by Anonymousreply 297May 25, 2015 1:54 AM

Lithium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 25, 2015 4:31 AM

I'd like to see what the people bashing us have to say about R298's video. It's proof that they are doing this.

by Anonymousreply 299May 25, 2015 3:44 PM

R299, you have a bizarre definition of the word "proof". You are also very gullible.

by Anonymousreply 300May 25, 2015 3:56 PM

The sky is really, really big. It would take blankets of stuff to make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 301May 25, 2015 4:04 PM

Did you listen to the video R300?

by Anonymousreply 302May 25, 2015 4:08 PM

[quote] Benjamin Bradley even started a 'Meetup' group in Las Vegas for those concerned about chemtrails

Oh, they should be a hoot. Let me find my old deely boppers and head on out.

by Anonymousreply 303May 25, 2015 7:53 PM

The sky was really, really big that day . . .

by Anonymousreply 304May 25, 2015 7:53 PM

And the idiots were as well.

by Anonymousreply 305May 25, 2015 11:50 PM

I still do not see how anyone could look at the pics of all those crazy patterns in the sky and assume that is just normal air traffic.

We get them here in rural Maine and I guarantee you there is no reason to suppose that a dozen or more planes making trailing patterns in the sky at once are all commercial aircraft flying every which way over the skies of Nowhere, Maine.

It's not these planes and the seemingly random patterns they fly adhere to any regular flight schedule. Usually they only appear in droves when precipitation is forecast within a day or two.

by Anonymousreply 306May 25, 2015 11:57 PM

"Usually they only appear in droves when precipitation is forecast within a day or two."

You mean, as it gets humid?

by Anonymousreply 307May 26, 2015 12:01 AM

[quote]I still do not see how anyone could look at the pics of all those crazy patterns in the sky and assume that is just normal air traffic.

Um, because that's exactly what it is? As tons of evidence has been posted in this very thread proving?

[quote]We get them here in rural Maine and I guarantee you there is no reason to suppose that a dozen or more planes making trailing patterns in the sky at once are all commercial aircraft flying every which way over the skies of Nowhere, Maine.

So... based on your ignorance of reality here, you automatically jump to the conclusion of "Huge Government Cover-up"?

[quote]It's not these planes and the seemingly random patterns they fly adhere to any regular flight schedule. Usually they only appear in droves when precipitation is forecast within a day or two.

Or maybe, just maybe, contrails dissipate more quickly in drier atmospheric conditions?

Seriously? You never considered ANY other possible explanations?

by Anonymousreply 308May 26, 2015 12:03 AM

"There are Chemtrails in the sky where I live right now. It's bothering my sinuses. Don't tell me they're harmless vapor."

Yeah, or the contrails and your sinus problems are both caused by humidity. But a giant government conspiracy makes more sense than simple science.

by Anonymousreply 309May 26, 2015 12:12 AM

[quote]So... based on your ignorance of reality here, you automatically jump to the conclusion of "Huge Government Cover-up"?

NO, I advance no theories of my own. I only see plainly in the skies above that sometimes a bunch of planes appear and start spraying in noticeable patterns. The trails they leave seem to turn the sky white and they always seem to precede rain or snow.

If it is normal commercial air traffic over an isolated corner of Maine, then why do days and even weeks go by where little-to-no air traffic is visible, then in spates there are suddenly a dozen planes all flying around at the same time? They don't seem to be adhering to a commercial schedule because their schedule is so random. Are you telling me a bunch of international flights all decide to fly overhead together, just a few days a month, and never on any discernible schedule?

All I know for certain is that I see funny business in the skies and it's so obvious to me that it's an unexplained but controlled campaign of some sort, that I marvel at anyone who doesn't see it. I assume that seem really are that naive and unobservant, (and altogether too angry to have their beliefs questioned), while others may be tasked with smearing all dissenters.

by Anonymousreply 310May 26, 2015 2:53 AM

By the same logic as many posting on this thread, the fact that this never happens where I live means that there is no possible way that "chemtrails" exist or that there is any conspiracy theory at work.

by Anonymousreply 311May 26, 2015 2:57 AM

"The trails they leave seem to turn the sky white and they always seem to precede rain or snow."

This is where you just utterly slip the bonds of reality.

"Seems" is one of those escape-hatch words, beloved by hucksters, charlatans and Bill O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 312May 26, 2015 3:27 AM

R312, you seem to have too vested an interest in declaring people crazy just because they see things overhead that look odd to them. I have been a "plane-watcher" all my fifty years, and I never saw anything remotely like chemtrails until the late '90s.

What's funny is that all these apologists for the government overlook how in this "New American Century," with its War on Terror, all good citizens who see anything unusual or suspicious are encouraged to report such activities to the authorities.

by Anonymousreply 313May 26, 2015 4:46 AM

No, R313, he's calling people crazy because they exhibit complete irrationality.

Did you notice how you completely ignored his reasoning and jumped to a completely different topic in your accusation? There is ZERO indication that he's calling anyone crazy because they see things overhead that look odd to them. No. That's not why he's calling anyone crazy.

Can you figure out what he actually said? Why he actually is calling people crazy? This is a test. Sane, rational people who can reason can figure it out easily. Let's see if YOU can.

by Anonymousreply 314May 26, 2015 4:49 AM

Monsanto sprays usually just before a rain so the chemicals settle on the land and gradually destroy the soil and render it useless for the future, unless of course you use their seeds.

So, now we're sitting here waiting, looking forward to the "intimidating" name calling and bitch slapping, along with the cacophony of lies about to roll off your wicked tongue as you madly type them out. Bring it on.

You may think you've insulted and degraded dozens of posters here, but when others know you're one of those 'believe what I believe or just be wrong' type of Class-A ignoramuses they are laughing at you -- not intimidated, not insulted, not angry... laughing.

by Anonymousreply 315May 26, 2015 5:19 AM

[quote]"Seems" is one of those escape-hatch words, beloved by hucksters, charlatans and Bill O'Reilly.

It seems to me that no matter what I say, you have a stock answer designed to dismiss and belittle me.

In my judgment you are a propaganda artist and a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 316May 26, 2015 5:24 AM

Yawn. Is this thread over yet?

by Anonymousreply 317May 26, 2015 5:30 AM

Tell you what - why doesn't some little tinfoil hat wearing queen actually provide actual scientific evidence for chemtrails being an EBIL GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!?!

I'm talking an actual published, peer-reviewed, backed-up-by-actual-science paper that isn't written by some misty eyed rainbow-spouting cunt with a crystal problem and questionable ethics. Go on, you boring cunts, provide the evidence. I'll be waiting.

by Anonymousreply 318May 26, 2015 5:31 AM

Both R315 and R316 are projecting. It's hilarious how they hold others to standards they won't themselves meet.

by Anonymousreply 319May 26, 2015 5:39 AM

Twenty-four hour news cycles and the general dumbing down of America has poorly served millions upon millions of people who only listen to media news sources they agree with, and who have wrongly concluded that a debate is a discussion between people who shout at one another. These same people who absolutely cling to grand ideas of this ubiquitous, all-powerful, and nefarious government cannot or will not see how they vote against their interests repeatedly.

Here are some basics that honestly seem to have never been taught to so many in this discussion. First, facts are established statements of reality. They are based on observable, empirical traits which are reproducible and observable quite independently of the person who first discovered the fact.

For example, suppose I state that after years of experimentation, I have discovered this fact: there are three primary colors, red, yellow, and blue. Immediately after my stating this fact, thousands (or millions, perhaps) of people will set about trying to break yellow into other constituent colors. They will examine my methods and try to find fault with any part of them which might have led to the wrong conclusion.

After rigorous testing of both my methodology and my results, they will conclude that yes, there are only three primary colors. They will announce their confirmation of these conclusions/observations and widely communicate it to the scientific community or the world at large. These last two points are crucial to understanding what a fact is: its discoverer [italic]welcomes[/italic] attempts by peers to disprove his conclusions, and when it is shown that no other conclusion is possible, this fact is now [italic]established[/italic] and communicated widely as tested, confirmed reality.

An opinion is a statement of belief. It might or might not be based on facts. It might or might not be born out by testing its hypothesis and seeing whether the results were what were predicted by the opinion or not. The fundamental way in which facts and opinions differ is that there is no requirement for an opinion to have a one-to-one correspondence with reality.

I can say my opinion is that yellow is made up of two as yet undiscovered colors "ow" and "yell." I can hold that opinion as long as I want to, and no amount of persuasion or evidence will shake me from it (although some people will abandon or modify opinions when presented with facts...we call these "open-minded" people). Facts require tested, observable reality; opinions only require a person to hold them. Facts and opinions are two separate entities.

Debates have been held since the dawn of civilization. They are a discussion of an as-yet-unproven premise with at least two people with opposing [italic]opinions[/italic]. It is the logical testing of a hypothesis. The process--agreed to by all parties--allows for only the submission of [italic]facts[/italic] in the discussion. You will only introduce factual statements, and if you try to let an opinion in instead, I will pounce upon you and force you to recount, and you will do the same to me.

If it is found that my premise was not based on facts, then I would admit that I was wrong, my opponent was right, and I would hang my head in shame while walking away.

Not so in the 21st century. Instead, people are taught that opinions--repeated often enough and/or loudly enough--carry equal force as facts. Not only that, but if my opinion becomes popular with millions of people, that adds to its validity and trumps your fact.

People no longer recognize personal folly, nor do they ever feel shame for it. Rather than walking away quietly in the ruins of my shattered claims, I just turn up the volume and repeat my opinion again and again. People now will advocate that demonstrably false assertions should be regarded as having equal validity with factually proven depictions of reality. "Sure, you say the 2+2=4, but this guy over here has been shouting 2+2=849, and he's been saying this for decades, and millions of people agree with him, so he might be right too..."

by Anonymousreply 320May 26, 2015 12:53 PM

Stop the madness! Who cares if they don't believe chemtrails are real and are dangerous, a threat to humanity's survival.

Why take the time and waste your energy trying to convince someone of something they don't want to believe in? It's crazy. You don't need to convince them. What for?

So what if they don't believe you. Adopt an "I have no interest trying to convince others of that which doesn't need to be believed" stance.

Whatever they believe or don't believe about chemtrails and contrails won't have any impact or affect upon you or your life one way or the other.

People/trolls who post controversial threads and then blast anyone who disagrees with their POV are energy-drainers trying to suck your energy and control your emotions. It's a game they play well. Don't take the bait. Don't play their game. Stop. Find something better to do.

There are countless threads all over the Internet on this specific topic, many are moderated by scientists, and where rational, intelligent discussion and lively exchange of information is encouraged.

Of all places on the Internet why discuss this specific topic here on DL with arrogant, ignorant trolls? Find something better to do than trying to convince an idiot who doesn't want to be convinced.

Stop taking the bait. It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 321May 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Perfectly stated, R320. Too bad those that most need to read and understand your words are likely from the "TL;DR" camp...

by Anonymousreply 322May 26, 2015 1:53 PM

These chemtrails people are delusional. Delusions are very entrenched ways of interpreting the world, based on the person's inner emotional state. You cannot rationalise someone's delusions away, the emotions which give birth to the delusions are too embedded in their psychology, which is, in essence : 'the world is a hostile, frightening place that overwhelms me, I often have the feeling I am under attack or surveillance. I fear authority and believe authority figures wish to harm me''

by Anonymousreply 323May 26, 2015 1:54 PM

It is very difficult, if not impossible, to reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into.

Chem-trails conspiracy theorists (or ANY kind of conspiracy theorist, including global warming denialists) don't care about reason. They have their convictions, and that's good enough for them... and ANY attempt to try and reason with them is just more proof of the grand conspiracy to them.

by Anonymousreply 324May 26, 2015 1:57 PM

And one of the architects of that r321 was Karl "we are the shapers of reality" Rove. What you speak of was present before the run up to the Iraq War but it really took off at that time and has been with us ever since.

by Anonymousreply 325May 26, 2015 2:05 PM

Sorry I meant r320.

by Anonymousreply 326May 26, 2015 2:06 PM

r324, no, YOU are simply invested in Coincidence Theories, AKA, Government Stories.

Because faced with plenty of "reasons," you choose to scorn, denigrate, dismiss, and attack.

But it is seldom your ilk can refute, other than to fall back on Coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 327May 26, 2015 2:08 PM

explained

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 26, 2015 4:23 PM

R327 has no idea how irrational and crazy he sounds.

by Anonymousreply 329May 26, 2015 4:28 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 330May 26, 2015 4:31 PM

"Chemtrail" believers really need to read that article at R328. It explains where your belief came from... what started it, etc.

It fills in the gaps quite well.

by Anonymousreply 331May 26, 2015 4:43 PM

Like I said earlier, High School chemistry/physics easily offers logical explanations for this.

The only chemtrails you should believe are real at this point at those comming out of your fat ass on the way to Dunkin Donuts.

by Anonymousreply 332May 26, 2015 4:56 PM

It's great to see this discussion topic featured on the front page. I just wish the deniers/skeptics were able to debate in a more mature rational manner, and it would have been nice if it didn't have an insulting title. Why the need to belittle people who have real concerns about a phenomena they witness right over their heads? Is it suddenly wrong to not blindly trust the government and TPTB?

by Anonymousreply 333May 26, 2015 5:32 PM

r333, did you read what I linked to?

by Anonymousreply 334May 26, 2015 5:35 PM

[quote]I just wish the deniers/skeptics were able to debate in a more mature rational manner

Oh honey. More projecting. We HAVE. And at some point, we just give up. There's only so long you can try to reason with a fucking nutcase who is immune to facts and logic before you just give the fuck up.

"Chemtrails" believers are being treated with exactly the contempt they deserve.

Ignorance is not a virtue.

Willful ignorance is not a valid point of view.

"I have no idea, therefore secret government conspiracy!" is not an argument.

You've got fucking nothing. And it has NOTHING to do with "blind trust in the government and TPTB". That's just being exceptionally stupid, and a grotesque black-and-white thinker.

Use your fucking brain.

by Anonymousreply 335May 26, 2015 6:01 PM

R320 has me moist as a freshly baked butter cake. Nothing turns me on like a great mind. Thank you for injecting some clear and well articulated reason into this freeforall.

by Anonymousreply 336May 26, 2015 6:15 PM

Lol at R336. I wish you were my editor!

by Anonymousreply 337May 26, 2015 6:45 PM

[quote]Not so in the 21st century. Instead, people are taught that opinions--repeated often enough and/or loudly enough--carry equal force as facts. Not only that, but if my opinion becomes popular with millions of people, that adds to its validity and trumps your fact.

Which is why Emma Sulkowicz is still lauded in the media for being a "victim" turned activist even though her own friendly and solicitous text massages to her alleged attacker after the alleged attack took place don't support the detailed claims she made later.

by Anonymousreply 338May 26, 2015 6:56 PM

"Why the need to belittle people who have real concerns"

Chemtrails-believers do not have real concerns. They have delusions and fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 339May 26, 2015 10:08 PM

R339 has nothing to back up his claims but shallow insults. Not very convincing, are they?

by Anonymousreply 340May 26, 2015 10:09 PM

r339 has science and rationality to back up his claims. What you got?

by Anonymousreply 341May 26, 2015 10:17 PM

I wish vinegar was all we needed to protect our health from Chemtrails. The only safe solution is for them to stop putting that stuff in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 342May 27, 2015 12:06 AM

R340 makes an art out of ignoring facts and science in order to parrot already debunked nonsense and engage in the same ad-hominem attacks he accuses others of, all while appearing deliciously clueless and stubbornly & willfully ignorant as he demands things to "back up the claims" that have already been given many, many times.

R339 is correct. You don't have real concerns. You have delusions and paranoia, and you've let yourself be gullibly taken in by a tin-hat conspiracy meme, and now your brain is so fucked up by it that you can't even accept all the mountains of evidence that you're wrong with an open mind... it's just further proof of the conspiracy to you. A vicious cycle.

Your mind is basically vapor-locked.

R335 nails it, and I'm convinced that you conspiracy theorists haven't bothered to read the article linked in R328. Because if you had, AND you had an argument, you'd be able to argue the facts and lay out a set of points debunking what is said in that article and supporting your own view. But you haven't. You just attack anyone who isn't a "believer" as a "tool of the government/TPTB". Which is a clear sign of a conspiracy nut.

by Anonymousreply 343May 27, 2015 12:42 AM

Maybe someone should start a new thread with a less biased title. I don't have membership to do that, maybe someone here does?

It could say something What in the World Are They Spraying?

by Anonymousreply 344May 27, 2015 3:58 AM

Yes, a sure sign of a tin hatter is the use of TPTB in their argument. I am surprised that we chemtrail deniers have not be accused of being "sheeple," their other go to term.

by Anonymousreply 345May 27, 2015 5:14 AM

Oranges poranges

by Anonymousreply 346May 27, 2015 5:24 AM

R344, you actually think that's a LESS biased thread title? It presumes they're actually spraying something... which they're not. BECAUSE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS CHEMTRAILS. It's just regular, normal contrails.

by Anonymousreply 347May 27, 2015 5:27 AM

Let's be clear here. There isn't really a debate. There are ignorant people filling in the gaps of their knowledge with paranoid fantasies, generating grand conspiracy theories...

And then there's the truth. The facts. The reality.

There are not "two valid opposing sides" here. There's the truth, and the ignorant delusion.

So no, we're not going to start another "chemtrail-friendly" thread. The subject doesn't deserve such a thread and has not earned such a thread.

The only rational response to the people who cling to the "chemtrail" nonsense in the face of all the science, reason, and evidence, is contempt and pity.

And that's all you'll get if you don't educate yourself and get over this stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 348May 27, 2015 5:32 AM

Watch it r348

the homophobic witch who sided with Kathryn Knott will put a spell on you!

by Anonymousreply 349May 27, 2015 5:36 AM

You know they won't, r348.

by Anonymousreply 350May 27, 2015 11:51 AM

Lmao this thread is comedic gold.

by Anonymousreply 351May 27, 2015 12:31 PM

It's actually a serious topic R351. Has anyone noticed how much worse allergies are this year?

by Anonymousreply 352May 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Who knows what we're breathing.

by Anonymousreply 353May 27, 2015 10:55 PM

Who knows what we're breathing.

by Anonymousreply 354May 27, 2015 10:55 PM

If Kylie Jenner believes it, then it can't be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 355May 27, 2015 11:04 PM

Seriously

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 27, 2015 11:08 PM

My god! I got through two pages of this thread and I can't believe how invested people are in this: foaming at the mouth, both sides!! Try and keep open minded, and remember: never say never. The truth is we'll never know for sure either way.

PS: a truly educated person is always observant and asks questions; otherwise you are just parroting what someone else taught you.

by Anonymousreply 357May 27, 2015 11:17 PM

"The truth is we'll never know for sure either way."

Except we do, because one side has science and rationality on its side and the other side doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 358May 27, 2015 11:20 PM

I never understand why people cherry pick at the information science provides us? People go to their doctors and nod at whatever their doctor tells them. Very few people challenge or even bother to verify that what their doctor is saying is true (if you are one of the people who always questions, then good for you!). Yes we blindly accept science when it comes to medicine and health.

Yet for something as silly as this, that can be explained with High School chemistry and physics, so many are professional skeptics. Jeez man.

by Anonymousreply 359May 27, 2015 11:28 PM

R357, stop engaging in the false equivalency logical fallacy, seriously. One side is frustrated at the utter willful stupidity of the other. And that other is just being petulantly and willfully stupid. Don't try to claim that they're "both the same".

by Anonymousreply 360May 28, 2015 1:50 AM

Both sides have to listen to each other more. We need an open dialogue without name-calling.

by Anonymousreply 361May 28, 2015 4:37 AM

No, R361. Just... no. Sane people don't need to give any more attention or thought to insane conspiracy theorists. No.

by Anonymousreply 362May 28, 2015 6:28 AM

Funny how words like 'truth' and 'theory' are held up as bad things. The ability to theorize is the sign of a lively, curious, and inquiring mind. Conspiracies? The entire history of recorded civilization involves one conspiracy after another. Ever read Roman history? Conspiracies are part and parcel of the history of Mankind.

The ability to theorize about possible conspiracies is a sign of intelligence and sanity.

by Anonymousreply 363May 28, 2015 7:43 AM

[quote]The ability to theorize about possible conspiracies is a sign of intelligence and sanity.

There is nothing intellectual or sane about denying scientific explanations for total fucking NATURAL phenomena because it's inconvenient for their flimsy little "theory".

by Anonymousreply 364May 28, 2015 11:09 AM

[quote]The ability to theorize about possible conspiracies is a sign of intelligence and sanity.

The ability to incorporate facts and rational judgment and reason is a sign of intelligence and sanity.

Going off on irrational, baseless, half-cocked theories of grand conspiracies that are so complicated and require so many people to "keep the secret" that it's not even remotely possible, is a sign of the opposite.

Nice try at rationalization though, nut-case.

by Anonymousreply 365May 28, 2015 12:51 PM

R365, no one blabbed the secret about the Manhattan Project which involved a massive conspiracy of silence. The USA took the world by surprise when it started dropping atomic bombs in WWII.

But then, you must think I'm a lunatic for believing there was a plot to kill Julius Caesear.

by Anonymousreply 366May 28, 2015 5:04 PM

R66 Touché!

by Anonymousreply 367May 28, 2015 5:10 PM

Chemtrails: deeply interwoven in the Venn Diagram of Irrational Nonsense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 28, 2015 7:01 PM

And if you want a bigger picture, here it is:

[bold]The Venn Diagram of Irrational Nonsense[/bold]

Seriously, if you believe anything listed here... you're being duped, your a gullible fool/tool/rube, or you're just uneducated and need to educate yourself.

And no, you really can't legitimately argue against any of this stuff. Deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 28, 2015 7:02 PM

[quote]But then, you must think I'm a lunatic for believing there was a plot to kill Julius Caesear.

r366, the fact that actual conspiracies have been planned and executed does not indicate that EVERY conspiracy theory is correct. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 370May 28, 2015 7:22 PM

I wanted to sleep with the radio on. So I clicked on WNYC in my radio stream and fell asleep in 30 seconds. I woke up slowing to a long discussion and radio call programme, about chemtrails and I'm thinking this can't be WNYC and it went on and on with the very odd callers and "experts" and "investigators" talking about their "papers" and linking in other conspiracy theories. How long as I brainwashed? All night? It was WOKV from Jacksonville FL. It was quite entertaining like a perfect satire, but real.

by Anonymousreply 371May 28, 2015 7:34 PM

People who believe that chemtrails are something nefarious always have a year specific to their late-teens before which "you never used to see chemtrails until ______." A person in this thread said the '90s. I remember them in the '60s, '70s and '80s too.

I remember Prince going on about them because Dick Gregory had gone on about them. Prince gave an interview where he said Dick Gregory pointed out that everybody used to get along fine before chemtrails and then they started and black people started killing each other in the hood.

Of course, this is documentably insane.

by Anonymousreply 372May 28, 2015 7:36 PM

[quote]the fact that actual conspiracies have been planned and executed does not indicate that EVERY conspiracy theory is correct. Duh.

Yes, but there are those who take any suggestion of conspiracy or of theorizing about any nefarious deeds whatsoever thing as proof of lunacy.

As if the same government that invaded Iraq under false pretenses and used depleted uranium weapons in Fallujah, causing a generation of grotesquely mutated babies to be born, were somehow too trustworthy and benevolent to allow a chemical spraying program to occur over the skies of the USA on behalf of Monsanto or someone.

by Anonymousreply 373May 28, 2015 7:41 PM

The only person I know of who believes in chemtrails is very seriously bipolar. I'm not saying the two things are related, but still. She gets obsessed with certain causes and it gets intense. She also believes in homeopathic cures for serious diseases and is against Western medicine.

by Anonymousreply 374May 28, 2015 7:41 PM

R373, can you identify the logical fallacy your post represents in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 375May 28, 2015 8:37 PM

Here's a nice list of logical fallacies and what they mean:

[bold]Anecdotal fallacy[/bold] - using a personal experience or an isolated example instead of sound reasoning or compelling evidence.

[bold]Appeal to probability[/bold] – is a statement that takes something for granted because it would probably be the case (or might be the case).

[bold]Argument from fallacy[/bold] – assumes that if an argument for some conclusion is fallacious, then the conclusion is false.

[bold]Base rate fallacy[/bold] – making a probability judgment based on conditional probabilities, without taking into account the effect of prior probabilities.

[bold]Conjunction fallacy[/bold] – assumption that an outcome simultaneously satisfying multiple conditions is more probable than an outcome satisfying a single one of them.

[bold]Masked man fallacy[/bold] (illicit substitution of identicals) – the substitution of identical designators in a true statement can lead to a false one.

[bold]Unwarranted assumption fallacy[/bold] - The fallacy of unwarranted assumption is committed when the conclusion of an argument is based on a premise (implicit or explicit) that is false or unwarranted. An assumption is unwarranted when it is false - these premises are usually suppressed or vaguely written. An assumption is also unwarranted when it is true but does not apply in the given context.

[bold]Argument from ignorance[/bold] (appeal to ignorance, argumentum ad ignorantiam) – assuming that a claim is true because it has not been or cannot be proven false, or vice versa.

[bold]Argument from (personal) incredulity[/bold] (divine fallacy, appeal to common sense) – I cannot imagine how this could be true, therefore it must be false.

[bold]Argument from repetition[/bold] (argumentum ad infinitum) – signifies that it has been discussed extensively until nobody cares to discuss it anymore;(sometimes confused with proof by assertion)

[bold]Argument from silence[/bold] (argumentum e silentio) – where the conclusion is based on the absence of evidence, rather than the existence of evidence.

[bold]Argument to moderation[/bold] (false compromise, middle ground, fallacy of the mean, argumentum ad temperantiam) – assuming that the compromise between two positions is always correct.

[bold]Argumentum ad hominem[/bold] – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.

[bold]Correlation proves causation[/bold] (cum hoc ergo propter hoc) – a faulty assumption that correlation between two variables implies that one causes the other.

[bold]False authority[/bold] (single authority) – using an expert of dubious credentials or using only one opinion to sell a product or idea. Related to the appeal to authority fallacy.

[bold]False dilemma[/bold] (false dichotomy, fallacy of bifurcation, black-or-white fallacy) – two alternative statements are held to be the only possible options, when in reality there are more.

[bold]False equivalence[/bold] – describing a situation of logical and apparent equivalence, when in fact there is none.

[bold]Moving the goalposts[/bold] (raising the bar) – argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded.

There are lots more, but this is a good list.

by Anonymousreply 376May 28, 2015 8:46 PM

[quote]s if the same government that invaded Iraq under false pretenses and used depleted uranium weapons in Fallujah, causing a generation of grotesquely mutated babies to be born, were somehow too trustworthy and benevolent to allow a chemical spraying program to occur

No one has suggested that chemtrails are bunk because the government is so trustworthy and benevolent. Chemtrails are bunk because of the preponderance of evidence that a) they are just normal contrails b) a chemical spraying program such as those described by chemtrail kooks would be ineffective in altering anything about the air we breathe down here on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 377May 28, 2015 8:53 PM

And c) would be outrageously expensive, and d) would not be tolerated by any commercial air-traffic which shave weight to the bone to save fuel and money, and e) there are infinitely more effective ways of doing just about everything claimed

"Chemtrails" doesn't even pass the sniff test.

by Anonymousreply 378May 28, 2015 9:07 PM

R368/R369 should be a constant reference for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 379May 28, 2015 9:49 PM

I kinda love the Venn Diagram of Irrational Nonsense... if only every American could look at that and understand it.

by Anonymousreply 380May 28, 2015 11:34 PM

I am a diehard believer in chemtrails and I find them very concerning.

I am openminded and I find the points (except for "a") in R377/R378's posts to be very persuasive. I also liked R376's post and will copy and paste it to use in the future.

That said, I am still a believer because the trails that come out of the planes act so differently now than they did when I was growing up and they fill the sky with cloudcover in a way they never used to. I just can't reconcile what I see in the sky with even the most the sensible compelling arguments people make against their existing.

I just can't be argued out of believing what I see in the sky above my head.

by Anonymousreply 381May 29, 2015 12:37 AM

[quote]I am a diehard believer in chemtrails and I find them very concerning.

You're a diehard, willful moron and gullible fool then.

There are REAL things to be worried about, and you're wasting your time and energy on this complete non-issue?

[quote]I am still a believer because the trails that come out of the planes act so differently now than they did when I was growing up

Why don't you look over the list in R376 and pick out which fallacy that falls under.

[quote] I just can't reconcile what I see in the sky with even the most the sensible compelling arguments people make against their existing.

Ditto that one.

As an exercise for you. And maybe it'll open your mind a little more to realize that those are both listed.

[quote]I just can't be argued out of believing what I see in the sky above my head.

So, facts won't sway you? As was said above, and I repeat here: "It's hard to reason someone out of a position they never reasoned themselves into."

by Anonymousreply 382May 29, 2015 12:43 AM

Way to go R382, by carefully cutting out half my post you made it seem like I was close-minded and dense enough for you to use me as a "strawman."

What about how I said that I was considering the points others in the thread (who disagreed with me) were making and how I respected those on the other side.

Why can't we have a mature discussion about this. Both sides should be able to pose questions and make points and the other side should respond to them intellectually.

I'M willing to do that DESPITE the fact that this thread has an biased disparaging title. What are you deniers afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 383May 29, 2015 2:17 AM

The only thing those of use who recognize the fact that "Chemtrails" aren't real are afraid of is that morons like you actually think you're being reasonable and rational. Seriously.

I have an idea: Go back and re-read R382. And re-read it again until you get it. Because that post focuses in on specific things you said, and calls you out on them, legitimately, and if your mind is as open as you claim it is, you'll GET IT.

Now, did you do the exercise? Did you identify how the lines of your post that were called out are logical fallacies, and thus not something you should be basing any conclusions on?

by Anonymousreply 384May 29, 2015 2:21 AM

"I am still a believer because the trails that come out of the planes act so differently now than they did when I was growing up"

But they didn't. This is how the conspiracy loons get you to join their tribe, by TELLING you how different they are than they used to be. Suddenly you start noticing differences. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 385May 29, 2015 2:33 AM

The personality type attracted to conspiracy explanations filters all information through that bias.

Anyone disputing their conclusions is obviously in on the conspiracy or is some hapless dupe.

They know better. No amount of contrary evidence will shake their conviction they have superior knowledge.

Kudos to the tireless person or persons who keep trying to shake them into reality.

It is a thankless task.

by Anonymousreply 386May 29, 2015 4:19 AM

I believe Chemtrails are real because I can see them and they look different from normal contrails.

by Anonymousreply 387May 29, 2015 4:22 AM

[quote])and I find them very concerning.

Shouldn't that be "I find them to be of great concern"?

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. I hear people using "concerning" now and it sounds wrong.

by Anonymousreply 388May 29, 2015 4:46 AM

R387, you and your fellow believers keep parroting that line over and over... but we've already established that they're not different than normal contrails.

by Anonymousreply 389May 29, 2015 4:46 AM

r387 should post pictures of normal contrails vs. chemtrails so our vast braintrust can dissect the differences and offer either explanations or appropriate freakouts.

Be sure to include all relevant atmospheric conditions on the day of the photos.

by Anonymousreply 390May 29, 2015 5:12 AM

Here you go, R390.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 29, 2015 6:13 AM

Some good pics here too, R390.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 29, 2015 6:16 AM

Here's another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393May 29, 2015 6:17 AM

Here's a lovely illustration of the two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394May 29, 2015 6:18 AM

Kylie Jenner posted an Instagram photo of herself (of course) and the sky over her head. The chemtrails are pictured in the shape of a pentagram above Kylie. The home schooled genius responds with WTF? or some other intelligent comment.

This is proof the Kardashian clan are devil worshipers and responsible for the drought in Cali.

by Anonymousreply 395May 29, 2015 10:54 AM

Kylie Jenner posted an Instagram photo of herself (of course) and the sky over her head. The chemtrails are pictured in the shape of a pentagram above Kylie. The home schooled genius responds with WTF? or some other intelligent comment.

This is proof the Kardashian clan are devil worshipers and responsible for the drought in Cali.

by Anonymousreply 396May 29, 2015 10:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 397May 29, 2015 10:54 AM

Sorry for the duplicates. The post button stuck and when it finally works it really works.

by Anonymousreply 398May 29, 2015 11:04 AM

That happens to me too R398. This new format has a lot of glitches.

by Anonymousreply 399May 29, 2015 4:51 PM

I've never commented on DL, but I have to thank [R188] for cracking me up for many days straight. I hope your're a regular.

by Anonymousreply 400May 29, 2015 9:06 PM

R400 - Everything R188 said is actually true, even if you don't believe it, it's still true.

Don't bother replying to this post. I don't like the new system and won't be back, nor do I give a shit what you believe.

by Anonymousreply 401May 30, 2015 3:39 AM

r188 here. I'm afraid that r401 is correct.

People have asked how TPTB will escape from the ticks and the poisonous chemicals if they are on the same planet, and the answer is simple. There are special Illuminati pharmacies staffed by Illuminati pharmacists that carry the vaccines that guard against the assault from the sky. The Illuminati have special charge cards that end in certain four digit sequences that can be recognized instantly by those in the know and once they are spotted, they automatically get their vaccines dispensed.

There are lots of businesses that cater to the Illuminati, including hotels and restaurants. The Illuminati grocery store of choice is of course Whole Foods. It's the only possible explanation for its continued existence.

by Anonymousreply 402May 30, 2015 3:56 AM

Tonight on TMZ, Harvey showed some tape of a Z list celeb I never heard of going on and on about chemtrails! The entire newsroom was in hysterics. Why are there so may doofuses here at the DL?

by Anonymousreply 403May 30, 2015 5:54 AM

Willful ignorance is the worst kind of ignorance... because unlike normal ignorance (which we ALL have in some area or another), it is immune to education. It persists even when facts are laid out right in front of it.

by Anonymousreply 404May 30, 2015 4:12 PM

Willful ignorance? You must be talking about all the people who refuse to look up in the sky because they'll see things they can't explain...Chemtrails.

by Anonymousreply 405May 30, 2015 10:00 PM

We had chemtrails spraying here yesterday. Today it is sunny but the sky is hazy white, the way it gets. Rain is expected tomorrow which is probably why the chemtrailed us yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 406May 30, 2015 10:04 PM

I wonder if the people who are involved with this chemrrail conspiracy are somehow immune to the affects of the chemtrail chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 407May 30, 2015 10:30 PM

R405, thanks for proving you're the willfully ignorant one. Jesus. You look up, see regular normal contrails, and magically invent this massive paranoid conspiracy in your head to try and explain them. What the fuck is wrong with you? You're clearly mentally ill. Get to a doctor and get some Haldol an lithium.

by Anonymousreply 408May 30, 2015 11:00 PM

[quote]Get to a doctor and get some Haldol an lithium.

No need to see a doctor for lithium. It's falling out of our chemtrail-laden skies.

by Anonymousreply 409May 31, 2015 2:44 AM

R409, just how stupid and gullible and misinformed are you?

by Anonymousreply 410May 31, 2015 7:23 AM

R410, you are the one who cannot even see a massive coordinated effort of atmospheric modulation taking place in plain sight over your very head. I don't know what chemtrails are, or what their purpose is, or who is in charge of them.

I only know that they are there. They are real, and they didn't exist before the late 1990s. Airplane contrails do not behave the way chemtrails do. We never saw anything resembling chemtrails in the skies above until some time in the late 1990s. Before that, all planes simply left little contrails that quickly dissipated.

by Anonymousreply 411May 31, 2015 4:41 PM

[quote]you are the one who cannot even see a massive coordinated effort of atmospheric modulation taking place in plain sight over your very head.

You're the one who sees a few things you clearly don't understand, and invents a fantasy of a massive conspiracy to coordinate atmospheric modulation out of whole cloth with absolutely no specific evidence for any such thing.

[quote]I only know that they are there. They are real, and they didn't exist before the late 1990s.

What you think you know, and what you actually now, are clearly not the same thing.

[quote]Airplane contrails do not behave the way chemtrails do.

Such an authoritative statement from someone who clearly has no idea how contrails behave.

[quote]We never saw anything resembling chemtrails in the skies above until some time in the late 1990s.

Another authoritative statement with no actual facts to back it up. Empty assertion is empty.

by Anonymousreply 412May 31, 2015 4:47 PM

Kiss my ass, R412.

by Anonymousreply 413May 31, 2015 4:56 PM

Some people don't get outside much. For all the non-believers out there, really you need to see for yourself. Those trails are different than they were when we were growing up. You oughta see for yourself before you post.

by Anonymousreply 414May 31, 2015 5:10 PM

R414, that has all been explained to you before upthread. Your perceptions or misperceptions do not equate to scientific fact.

Why are we paying teachers more today when they clearly can't get through to students?

by Anonymousreply 415May 31, 2015 5:24 PM

R415, do you think we're lying when we say chemtrails never appeared in the skies until the last 16 or 17 years?

If you can produced a photograph of airplane contrails that looks like chemtrails that can be verified as having been taken before, let's say, 1990, then you might have a point.

But you can't because there were were no chemtrails in the skies until the late 1990s. Go ahead, show me a picture of the skies taken in the 1980s that has anything remotely like chemtrails in it. You'll spend the rest of your life looking and you won't find any. Chemtrails are a relatively new phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 416May 31, 2015 5:47 PM

[quote][R415], do you think we're lying when we say chemtrails never appeared in the skies until the last 16 or 17 years?

You're not deliberately lying; you're just mistaken.

[quote] At the link is a whole gallery of "chemtrail"-esque photos dating back as far as 1940.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417May 31, 2015 5:56 PM

Oops, second part of 417 was supposed to go as follows:

[quote]If you can produced a photograph of airplane contrails that looks like chemtrails that can be verified as having been taken before, let's say, 1990, then you might have a point.

At the link is a whole gallery of "chemtrail"-esque photos dating back as far as 1940.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 31, 2015 6:03 PM

Yes Chemtrails are real. But you are mistaken in thinking they are spraying chemicals. That is just silly and outdated scientific vision. I will tell you what its really going on. These planes are actually spraying nanomachines at high enough altitudes so they can use ozone as their fuel source. Slowly and steadily these nanomachines are forming a giant nanoscopic blanket over our atmosphere, a sort nanomachine lattice. It is still not big enough to self sustain, but once it is it will start consuming most of the ozone in the atmosphere and then switch its energy source to ultraviolet radiation. Once this happens the government will have total control over our lives, deciding which countries or areas will stay under the protection of the nano lattice. Rebels and opponents will stop receiving protection and the lattice will dilate and allow the full force of the suns radiation through, obliterating the area below the opening. Failing that the nanomachines can act as monolithic magnifying glass, focusing sunlight into a superlaser with nanometric precision! Furthermore, modifications are being made to dope the lattice with nanomachines that will enhance satellite imaging not only to see you naked while you are taking a bath, but also to read your mind. In a Machiavellian twist these new versions will be able to penetrate tin foil hats as well. Bow down before our overlords, for we are truly doomed!

by Anonymousreply 419May 31, 2015 6:24 PM

On my iPad it shows the new version of this site. I'm not sure I like all the changes, but one thing is good. Apparently everyone will be able to start topics now. Maybe things will finally be more democratic around here.

I'm not sure how to do it yet. But we need a new thread on this topic, but one with a non-biased, non-douche bag, title.

Maybe "What In the World Are They Spraying?" That's also the title of an important documentary that explores the topic.

by Anonymousreply 420May 31, 2015 11:18 PM

The title of this thread isn't biased. It's honest.

by Anonymousreply 421June 1, 2015 4:52 AM

Calling people "morons" because they disagree with you conclusions and/or have had different experiences than you is biased R421.

It's great that this thread has over 400 comments. It's an important issue and of great concern to many of us, but the disrespect that skeptics have shown to those who aren't completely in-line with "the official word" is pretty nasty...it also weakens their credibility.

by Anonymousreply 422June 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Calling people morons because they're morons is just stating an observable fact.

It has nothing to do with 'disagreement'. It has to do with your willful ignorance and the insanity of believing in such stupid tin-hat conspiracy theories that have been debunked endlessly.

You're concerned about nothing. Meanwhile you're probably ignoring things you SHOULD be concerned about.... letting yourself get distracted by this mindless stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 423June 1, 2015 5:02 AM

Chemtrail believers get exactly the level of respect they deserve and have earned.

by Anonymousreply 424June 1, 2015 5:05 AM

People don't deserve respect because they dare to question things R424, or is it only a problem if I question you?

by Anonymousreply 425June 1, 2015 5:29 AM

No, R425, they don't deserve respect because they ignore science, facts, perfectly sane and rational explanations, and insist on continuing to believe a ridiculous and obvious lie.

Stop trying to twist thing. That's a very typical strategy of people who know they're in the wrong but can't admit it. Republicans use this stupid tactic all the time.

That kind of logical fallacy just proves you deserve even LESS respect than I'm giving you.

(Hint: Questioning things is fine. Continuing to question things after the answer has been given clearly, and the question has already been put to bed, is tedious. And then after a little while longer, it becomes moronic.)

by Anonymousreply 426June 1, 2015 5:34 AM

Belief is so often the death of reason... as these "Chemtrail Believers" have so clearly proven in this very thread.

by Anonymousreply 427June 1, 2015 5:13 PM

Came across a radio station last night where they were talking about fairy dinners. At some fairy dinners, if you drink the wine you can disappear from the Earth without a trace - so some people slosh the wine on the floor or in a plant so it looks as though they drank the wine. It was a call-in show and all the callers were going along with this. Strange!

by Anonymousreply 428June 1, 2015 6:08 PM

Marry me, R423/426!

by Anonymousreply 429June 1, 2015 6:57 PM

How come people like R429 always want to marry the assholes? The stupidest nastiest comments on here always get people falling all over them. Chemtrails are real. Man up and deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 430June 2, 2015 12:09 AM

R430, why do people like you always call those who are intelligent and simply lay it out like it is "assholes", and then defend utter willful stupidity and crazy tin-hat conspiracy theorists?

I think you have the definition of "asshole" backwards.

Chemtrails are bullshit. And you're an ignorant gullible fool to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 431June 2, 2015 2:49 AM

Are people hallucinating when they see Chemtrails in the sky R431?

by Anonymousreply 432June 2, 2015 3:11 AM

[quote]Are people hallucinating when they see Chemtrails in the sky [R431]?

No, they are looking at normal airplane contrails and imagining them to be something else.

by Anonymousreply 433June 2, 2015 3:24 AM

It's like when a primitive sees magnets for the first time, and they assume it's demons.

They are ignorant people who fill the gaps in their ignorance with made up fantasize and magic.

by Anonymousreply 434June 2, 2015 4:02 AM

Good analogy.

It's amazing to me how instantly some people make the leap from "I don't know" to elaborate explanations of what is "really" going on... and then become so certain that their made-up fantasy is real that they won't even listen to facts or reality.

by Anonymousreply 435June 2, 2015 2:23 PM

The stupidity is what I find so shocking about these chemtrails morons.

[italics] I see vapor trails and they look different than they did 20/30/40/50 years ago! It's a vast government conspiracy![/italics]

Then some nice, normal person explains how fuel, engines, technology, and all kinds of things in aviation have changed over the years so, of course, there are differences in how vapor trails appear.

And then I swear to god, 20 posts later (if that) some fucking moron says the same thing again -

[italics] I see vapor trails and they look different than they did 20/30/40/50 years ago! It's a vast government conspiracy![/italics]

So some nice, normal person explains it to them again. This time they provide links, proof, scientific explanations, everything an intelligent person would need to understand exactly how and why vapor trails appear as they do today.

And then 20 posts later...

It's like arguing against bigotry with a racist. They are irrational so using rational arguments with them gets you absolutely nowhere. They cannot take in new information and process it the way a normal person does. Both the racists and the chemtrails nuts have attachments to these ideas have nothing to do with facts or intellect, it's all emotional and fear-based. They are attached to the stories they tell themselves, the stories don't have to be true.

by Anonymousreply 436June 2, 2015 2:54 PM

Italics doesn't work anymore?

Okay then, good to know.

by Anonymousreply 437June 2, 2015 2:58 PM

You need to use "italic" and "/italic" and not the plural form. It still works.

by Anonymousreply 438June 2, 2015 4:18 PM

[italic]Oh, duh. Thanks R438.]/italic]

by Anonymousreply 439June 2, 2015 4:24 PM

R29 Over my dead body! He's MINE!!!! I have been swooning over his writing, scientific knowledge and logic since page one of this thread.

OK. We can share.

by Anonymousreply 440June 2, 2015 4:33 PM

I'm [/italic]closing[/italic] the italic tag for R439 who screwed it up.

by Anonymousreply 441June 2, 2015 5:47 PM

[quote]They are irrational so using rational arguments with them gets you absolutely nowhere. They cannot take in new information and process it the way a normal person does

This is a perfect explanation, by the way. It's like their minds have become vapor-locked on this fantasy of theirs, and just cease to function.

by Anonymousreply 442June 2, 2015 5:51 PM

Thank you, R441, I've been on the DL for more than 15 years - all of a sudden I can't format to save my dick.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 443June 2, 2015 7:42 PM

[quote]Thank you, [R441], I've been on the DL for more than 15 years - all of a sudden I can't format to save my dick.

No doubt it's because chemtrails have poisoned your brain, r443.

by Anonymousreply 444June 2, 2015 8:37 PM

The "hit the wrong bracket" typo is particularly annoying. I do that all the time. Stupid keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 445June 2, 2015 8:55 PM

R436, it's not just that the trails LOOK different, they ACT different. They linger and spread and fill the sky, eventually bringing rain or a change in the weather.

by Anonymousreply 446June 2, 2015 10:38 PM

[quote]They linger and spread and fill the sky,

Some contrails have always done that. If you didn't notice them when you were a kid, it's probably because a) there was less air traffic to create contrails back then and b) the "chemtrails" conspiracy theory had not yet been dreamed up, so you had no reason to spend your days staring up at jet contrails and paying special attention to the way they looked and acted.

[quote]eventually bringing rain or a change in the weather.

You've got your causes and effects all confused. It requires specific atmospheric conditions for contrails to form, spread and linger. Guess what? Those same conditions also affect the weather.

by Anonymousreply 447June 2, 2015 10:51 PM

This new format is horrendous!

I loathe overhanging titles that you can't "x" out and take up half the screen.

Goodbye, DL., after 15 years. Was nice knowing you.

by Anonymousreply 448June 2, 2015 11:52 PM

R446 = proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

by Anonymousreply 449June 3, 2015 4:54 PM

People like him are born every second, R449.

by Anonymousreply 450June 3, 2015 5:21 PM

[quote]They linger and spread and fill the sky, eventually bringing rain or a change in the weather.

I guess there have not been "chemtrails" over California in quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 3, 2015 6:12 PM

They are paid shills. They are paid to search daily for Chemtrail threads on the top hundred most visited websites, and paid to argue against them, whether or not they actually believe in Chemtrails.

Although they are "human", you are essentially arguing with a robot.

Monsanto wants to take over the entire food chain. The monopoly they have on the 80% isn't good enough. One of the main reasons for Chemtrails is to contaminate or prime the soil in a way that (eventually) only their seeds will take root.

Then the only food available to us will be GMO grown/produced foods, using their seeds, except for that which you grow with non-GMO seeds in your own backyard greenhouse.

So, be aware that they are not trolls. They are paid/compensated shills. Stop arguing with them and stop replying to them. They are paid to spread false information and dispute the truth. ***************************

"Control oil and you control nations, control food and you control the people." Henry Kissinger

by Anonymousreply 452June 4, 2015 6:36 PM

More conspiracy bullshit from R452. It really is a mental illness. Seriously, you think any opposition to nonsense chemtrails silliness is coming from a mass organized conspiracy by some cabal to monitor top websites (of which I assure you Datalounge isn't one) in order to refute your nonsense?

Jesus.

Nobody here is a paid shill, moron. There are just intelligent people who actually understand science trying to educate you retarded tin-hat conspiracy morons who don't know what the fuck you're talking about. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 453June 6, 2015 3:47 PM

God these Chemtrail fools are all over Twitter... they're worse than the Anti-Vaxxers!

by Anonymousreply 454June 11, 2015 5:02 PM

Contrails

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 3, 2018 7:10 AM

It was the hexagram of the heavens, it was the strings on my guitar.....6 white vapour trails across the bleak terrain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 3, 2018 7:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!