Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dad bod

This is now a thing?

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Sure hope so!

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2015 5:49 PM

Well, what does it mean? Someone with a body like Homer Simpson? Examples?

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2015 5:53 PM

We were there first and we called it FitFat...

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2015 5:56 PM

I sure hope so too!

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2015 5:57 PM

Imho it's another way of saying "20 pounds overweight." Everyone is getting fatter, so I think the "dad bod" trend is so that white guys can get away with it and still be considered desirable.

Either way, it's def not my thing.... but to each their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2015 5:57 PM

Exactly what R3 said. DL has been talking about fitfat for years, the straights have finally co-opted it from us and call it dadbod.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2015 6:13 PM

Is it like Dad Dancing (At a Wedding)

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2015 6:17 PM

I love it. I hate skinny guys.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2015 6:21 PM

I googled "dad bod" and found this.

I'd do all three of these guys. They're hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2015 12:28 AM

Haha, Leo DiCaprio came up under dad bod.

I'd still hit it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2015 12:29 AM

Link doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2015 12:30 AM

Four "dads" and not a mom in sight.

Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2015 12:31 AM

I think it's the straight's new term for "fit fat"

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2015 12:31 AM

Sorry, R11.

I found the same picture with a different link. Hope it works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2015 12:32 AM

[quote]I think it's the straight's new term for "fit fat"

I think it's more like straight guys' version of "bear." Without the wardrobe and the beer busts.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2015 12:33 AM

I like a Dad bod.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2015 12:33 AM

The guy in the gray shorts in R12's picture looks like he has a bit of a boner.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2015 12:33 AM

R14, they look too young

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2015 12:34 AM

I hate it. I love skinny guys.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2015 12:36 AM

[quote]Four "dads" and not a mom in sight.

That one "Dad' has stolen Mom's boobies

Not hot.

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2015 12:36 AM

[quote]I found the same picture with a different link. Hope it works.

The guys in that pic score about a 98 on the probably douchebag scale.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2015 12:38 AM

Dad beer bellies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2015 12:45 AM

This guy has the perfect dad bod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2015 12:47 AM

I'm all for it! Gimme the husky ones.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2015 12:47 AM

After 20 years of internet lusting, people are finally realizing they're never going to bag a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2015 12:57 AM

Anyone with $300.00 can bag a hottie.

Trying to parley fat guys into hot guys only works for guy already into that.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2015 12:59 AM

"Beer bellies are in, biceps are out: introducing the 'Dad Bod'"

What do Simon Cowell, Jason Segel and Leonardo DiCaprio all have in common (apart from global fame and fortune)? They all boast a 'Dad Bod'.

A what-bod, you cry? Well, allow us to explain: the Dad Bod is the latest trend for the male physique.

Where once women craved six-packs that could grate cheese and biceps the size of tree trunks, now a cuddly torso and gentle paunch is all that's required, according to a blog post written by US student Mackenzie Pearson that has since gone viral.

In her post, Mackenzie describes the Dad Bod as "a nice balance between a beer gut and working out". She continues: "The dad bod says, 'I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time.' It's not an overweight guy, but it isn't one with washboard abs, either."

Mackenzie argues that the physique is a hit with women because it is non-threatening, comfortable to cuddle up to and honest in the sense that it probably won't undergo any drastic transformation within the next 20 years (note: you don't have to be a father to have a Dad Bod; in fact it is perfectly acceptable to have one when you're still in your twenties). "While we all love a sculpted guy, there is just something about the dad bod that makes boys seem more human, natural, and attractive," she states.

The concept was an immediate hit with nicely squishy men everywhere, who took to Instagram without delay to show off their less-than-toned torsos and chunky arms. The account "Collegedadbods" has been quietly gaining momentum since the beginning of this year and has now become a fully-fledged homage to regular guys in all their glory.

The positive reaction to this newfound appreciation for curvy men has reminded us all that guys, too, face an at-times unrealistic social pressure to be buff and trim. But where will the trend take us next? Could the "Mom Bod" be the lusted-after shape for 2015? Time will tell.

I think it's interesting that a female came up with the term "dad bod."

I actually feel like it's a way for women to distinguish between straight guys and gay guys.

Nowdays, it's gay guys who are the worked out, buff gym bodies, and straight guys are more schlubby.

It's an interesting turn of events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2015 1:02 AM

Is this what is commonly referred to as a "football build"?

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2015 1:04 AM

Great, now even the dudes are buying into the 'you're just jealous of my curves' BS.

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2015 1:07 AM

It sounds like it's another way for women to feel less threatened.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2015 1:07 AM

Not really R28. What you're thinking of is what we DL'ers like to call the "jock gone to seed" or "fit-fat" body. You can still see the beef cake under a thick layer of fat.

Rick from Pawn Stars is a good example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Is this the sort of body Tebow has?

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2015 1:23 AM

I don't see any beefcake under that.

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2015 1:23 AM

FUgly Rick from Pawn Stars is a really bad example. Fat and no brawn. He's a bear.

In MY mind, Dad bod is a guy between his late 30's and 50 who still has some athletic history in his build but has a few pounds.

THAT is hot. Or I'm just ovulating.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2015 1:30 AM

It's another euphemism for fat.

And when did being fat become manly and bordering on anorexic become feminine? It's actually the opposite of nature.

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2015 2:23 AM

All people become fatter in their own way as they age. Men are viewed positively more when they age. Women aren't supposed to age and must remain adolescent and thin.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2015 4:20 AM

One of the first images for "dad bod" which came up in Google Images.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2015 1:48 PM

R25 so true.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2015 1:55 PM

R23 is totally fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2015 2:15 PM

Stop calling it Dadbod. This term has to stop. It's gross, it's affected, and worse of all it came from some stupid college girl. Why make her the inventor of anything. This type of body has been around forever under different names. Don't use the incestuous dadbod.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2015 2:21 PM

This is my version of a dad bod

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2015 2:33 PM

Daddy Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2015 4:16 PM

My dad doesn't have a dad bod. He has a normal, healthy bod that he got from years of running and sensible eating.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2015 4:26 PM

[quote] My dad doesn't have a dad bod. He has a normal, healthy bod that he got from years of running and sensible eating.

Thread killer.

We don't care about fit dads. We want dads with meat on their bones.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2015 4:29 PM

The "dad bod" guy at R37 looks like Ardal O'Hanlon.

I now know that I never want to see O'Hanlon shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2015 4:34 PM

I do

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2015 4:38 PM

A dad bod is not fit fat nor fat. It means "doughy." It's like on Scrubs, the guy had a doughy physique.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2015 4:40 PM

R46 = Ardal O'Hanlon

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2015 4:42 PM

[quote]This type of body has been around forever under different names.

Can't we all just go back to calling it being in your mid to late 30's?

This isn't about being fat. It's about not prioritizing the gym, while your metabolism says "see ya the fuck later!".

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2015 4:43 PM

It's about eating too many carbs and believing you can "let yourself go" once you reach a certain point. You can't.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2015 4:45 PM

dad bod is just a bod. not too fat. not such a gut. no huge man boobs. not thin. not too fit but not to slovenly. its a good idea as its body positive and a lot of people have one.

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2015 4:56 PM

What we won't accept however is dadbods in mom jeans.

by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2015 4:56 PM

[quote]dad bod is just a bod. not too fat. not such a gut. no huge man boobs. not thin. not too fit but not to slovenly. its a good idea as its body positive and a lot of people have one.

So basically, more Jack Nicholson than Jeff Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2015 4:59 PM

I wouldn't fuck that thing r37 if you paid me.

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2015 5:03 PM

This is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2015 5:04 PM

[quote] This is just awful.

Yes.

Heaven forbid, anyone have a normal sized, non-plucked, primped and pumped body.

Oh, my stars!

by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2015 5:06 PM

This thread is useless without more pictures.

by Anonymousreply 57May 14, 2015 5:07 PM

R37 for the win. THAT is the ultimate dad bod. But the girl in the picture is a model posing for the pic. She's way out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 58May 14, 2015 5:08 PM

[quote]It's about eating too many carbs and believing you can "let yourself go" once you reach a certain point. You can't.

yeah, you can. I like the look, sorry, not everyone likes the OCD striated look.

by Anonymousreply 59May 14, 2015 5:10 PM

dads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Huge fan of Dad bods.

by Anonymousreply 61May 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Tebow like and disgusting like Tebow

by Anonymousreply 62May 14, 2015 5:13 PM

Let's not be overly inclusive. Jack Nicholson has a granddadbod not a dadbod.

by Anonymousreply 63May 14, 2015 5:14 PM

I'm a big fan

by Anonymousreply 64May 14, 2015 5:16 PM

In my opinion, this is just another excuse to give to those men who CHOOSE not to be the best that they can be because it would require too much work. If that's your choice and you, along with those who matter to you, don't have a problem with it then fine. People should not look down upon you because of your choice, but then nor should these "dadbods" look down upon we men who choose to workout, keep fit, wear speedos and whatever else, and look great in them.

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2015 5:27 PM

[quote] People should not look down upon you because of your choice, but then nor should these "dadbods" look down upon we men who choose to workout, keep fit, wear speedos and whatever else, and look great in them.

Yeah, and never mind the fact that you're all annoying and narcissistic as hell.

That's the real reason everyone hates you.

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2015 5:30 PM

Women are still going to be berated for not being fit so why give these slobs a pass? Why are women so desperate that they would accept this? Do they think guys will be less likely to cheat if they look like a potato?

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2015 5:31 PM

[quote]those men who CHOOSE not to be the best that they can be

I think that they're fine, I think the cut lean bodies you fetishize are less attractive, so sue me!

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2015 5:37 PM

[quote]Yeah, and never mind the fact that you're all annoying and narcissistic as hell.

That's because we worked for that, baby. We do what we have to do, to look like we do, and love the results. If you love your food, and your couch, that is fine with me, but that doesn't mean that you can be with me.

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2015 5:37 PM

I am guessing most average moms are fine with their dadbod husbands and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2015 5:38 PM

[quote]I think that they're fine, I think the cut lean bodies you fetishize are less attractive, so sue me!

Why would I? If that's what you like, that's what you like...

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2015 5:40 PM

[quote] That's because we worked for that, baby. We do what we have to do, to look like we do, and love the results. If you love your food, and your couch, that is fine with me, but that doesn't mean that you can be with me.

And yet, most gay guys still prefer these straight schlubs over your lame ass gym body.

Girl, keep believing that everyone is lusting after you. Delusional, party of one.

Most guys prefer natural and masculine, over your primping and preening.

by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2015 5:46 PM

The Baldwin brothers created this trend.

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2015 5:49 PM

You can be natural and masculine without being fat.

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2015 5:52 PM

POTUS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2015 5:54 PM

Putin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2015 5:55 PM

[quote]If you love your food, and your couch, that is fine with me, but that doesn't mean that you can be with me.

But I could never love you more than you love yourself.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2015 5:55 PM

Middleaged Selleck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2015 5:59 PM

[quote]And yet, most gay guys still prefer these straight schlubs over your lame ass gym body.

Honey, I couldn't care less what most guys prefer because most guys can't "get" this. Let them pine for their "straight schlubs" as you have called them. A lot of us narcissistic, lame ass, gym bodied people are too busy having our pictures taken, going to fabulous parties at fabulous locations, and meeting even more fabulous people. That's our choice.

Now, if your choice is sneaking a half hour here and there with married Ben Dover", (who will never leave his wife), or closeted Republican name anyone, who is intent on squashing your rights... and even you, while I'm out there fighting for mine with you just being a part of my baggage, then more power to you! Enjoy your "Married With Children" episode, or talking about Alexis & Sable and what they are wearing. In the mean time, I'll be meeting them or those very much like them.

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2015 6:03 PM

[quote]But I could never love you more than you love yourself.

If you can't love yourself, how can you possibly expect anyone else to love you?

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2015 6:05 PM

Robert Mitchum!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2015 6:08 PM

[quote] Honey, I couldn't care less what most guys prefer because most guys can't "get" this.

"Honey," I don't want what you got.

You sound like a stupid bitchy queen with WAY too much attitude, so trust and believe that you are NOT my type.

I'll take a beer belly ANY DAY over what you're selling.

Incidentally, I'm guessing that you're "single and looking." rofl

No surprise there. Keep on lookin', gurl.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2015 6:09 PM

Hey toots do you really thing the world would choose your "fabulous" gym body freakitude over a Robert Mitchum type? Sad sad sad delusion. What are you doing in this thread anyway. Such a body shamer.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2015 6:13 PM

I didn't post Harrison Ford or William Holden because face it, they had tight bodies through their 40s and didn't get dad bods until age forced it upon them. I would have posted Ronald Reagan as a thin "dadbod" but he often had rather elegant femmy legs, and Cary Grant was just too thin and elegant. My dad looked like Cary Grant.

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2015 6:19 PM

[quote]You sound like a stupid bitchy queen with WAY too much attitude, so trust and believe that you are NOT my type.

Nahhh, babycakes. I'm quite particular, true. But, never bitchy and far, far, far, from stupid.

[quote]I'll take a beer belly ANY DAY over what you're selling.

Good for you! I won't. Now, what do you want? A cookie, or a twinkee?

[quote]Incidentally, I'm guessing that you're "single and looking." rofl.No surprise there. Keep on lookin', gurl.

ROFL.... WRONG! 53, and my boyfriend is 28. We've been together for a year now. Prior to that, single for 3 or 4 years after an an 8 year relationship. No need to go further, BUT thanks for playing! There are lovely parting gifts at the door...

OH! I don't look, snookums. They, (thank you Lord), come, and come in many ways...

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2015 6:25 PM

[quote]A lot of us narcissistic, lame ass, gym bodied people are too busy having our pictures taken, going to fabulous parties at fabulous locations, and meeting even more fabulous people. That's our choice.

Oh honey, being a cater waiter doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2015 6:53 PM

hhahhahha

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2015 6:56 PM

Ok then I agree. A sugar daddy with a dad bod would be de trop. Better you keep your gymbod fabulosity.

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2015 6:59 PM

[quote]WRONG! 53, and my boyfriend is 28.

Ouch, gramps. You're about to hit a wall if you haven't already. Since all you've bothered to invest in is your looks, you're in for a rude awakening.....and soon. You and your liver spots will soon be waving goodbye to the fancy parties and the hot young bf.

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2015 7:01 PM

[quote]Oh honey, being a cater waiter doesn't count.

I would agree, but I have never done that. But, are you now putting people down because of what jobs they might do, or have to do?

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2015 7:06 PM

[quote]Ok then I agree. A sugar daddy with a dad bod would be de trop.

I've never had one. I've never been one. I don't ever see a need to become one. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks...

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2015 7:11 PM

[quote]Ouch, gramps. You're about to hit a wall if you haven't already. Since all you've bothered to invest in is your looks, you're in for a rude awakening.....and soon.

There are many of us that can successfully multi-task. I'm not worried.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2015 7:12 PM

[quote]It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks

Well, old dog, sorry to tell you this, but younger guys with "dad bods" are fucking your boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2015 8:40 PM

Its all about you isn't it?

Our nice little dad bod thread is all about your choices in life to be an ageing gym queen with a twink boyfriend. I really hope this works out for you over the next decades and god bless.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2015 8:53 PM

[quote]Well, old dog, sorry to tell you this, but younger guys with "dad bods" are fucking your boyfriend.

Well, I don't believe that to be true, but if you need that to help you make through this discussion then so be it. Besides, I don't worry about stuff like that. As my grandma taught me; "Whatever is in the dark shall surely come to light." I'll cross that bridge when I come to it--if ever.

[quote]Its all about you isn't it? Our nice little dad bod thread is all about your choices in life to be an ageing gym queen with a twink boyfriend. I really hope this works out for you over the next decades and god bless.

Well, I'll take all of the blessings that I can get--Thank you! Nope! It's not about me and my choices. I gave my opinion, (of which I stick to), and feel that if it is you choice to have a "dad bod" then good for you, but don't criticize others for the choices that they have made.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2015 9:30 PM

Kenneth, what's the frequency!?

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2015 9:59 PM

R79 - MARY!

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2015 10:12 PM

Looking "fabulous" is highly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2015 10:27 PM

Looking "fabulous" is highly faggy

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2015 10:30 PM

Yes sir, the frequency is "MARY!"

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2015 10:41 PM

women like her prefer that body because women are selfish cunts that are insecure about themselves and want their boyfriend to be the fat one. Their has been a study that was released on why 70% women prefer beer bellies over abs is because they are just insecure twats

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Belly fat is dangerous so I'm not sure that it should be encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2015 11:30 PM

R101, there has been a study that was released that says 92% of people over the age of ten know the difference between their and there.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2015 11:35 PM

It's not that dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Just make sure when you do an image search for "dad bod" you don't put "dad body" instead....unless you LIKE looking at bloody,mangled corpses.

by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2015 9:14 AM

Porn Dad Bods all ranked! these are all some of my favorite guys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 17, 2015 2:15 PM

R101 nailed it. American women are getting fatter each year, and a fit, strong partner would have them consumed by insecurity. Better to lower the standard than try to live up to one.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2015 6:24 AM

There's Science Behind the 'Dad Bod'

There’s science behind the plump dad bod: A new study that tracked the weight of 10,000 males over 20 years from adolescence into their early 30s finds the average 6-foot tall, first-time father gains 4.4 pounds if they live with their child after birth and about 3.3 pounds if they live separately. That equals a 2.6% and 2% jump in a man’s BMI, respectively, according to a Northwestern University release.

And men, don’t try to pass off the weight as a side effect of marriage. Though a recent study found marriage does add a little to your waistline, the fatherhood weight gain is a separate issue “above the already known effect of marriage,” says lead author Dr. Craig Garfield. Regardless of marital status, childless men actually lost weight in the same period: about 1.4 pounds.

So why are men gaining weight while chasing after little ones? It likely comes down to a change in eating habits and lifestyle, researchers say. “You have new responsibilities when you have your kids and may not have time to take care of yourself the way you once did in terms of exercise,” Garfield says. While many men quit smoking or cut back on alcohol when they have children, there may be more snacks and leftovers lying around, he tells Time. “We all know dads who clean their kids’ plates after every meal."

As first-time fathers often feel they’re too young to have their own doctor, Garfield suggests pediatricians strike up conversations with child-accompanying dads about their own health, since "the more weight the fathers gain and the higher their BMI, the greater risk they have for developing heart disease as well as diabetes and cancer.” (You’ll probably want to weigh yourself on a Friday.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2015 1:36 AM

A fit dad bod is great. A flabby one is not. I like a little thickness on a man's mid section, as long as it's firm. More cushion for the pushin.

by Anonymousreply 109July 23, 2015 1:47 AM

You know you want it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 23, 2015 1:51 AM

If all of those guys at R106 are dad bods, then I would hate to see what is considered fit, by those standards. Anorexia, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2015 1:56 AM

Dad bod is the ONLY male body type I like

GIMME your Daddies!!!

by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2015 2:30 AM

What the fuck is up with this thread?

First of all "Dad bod" is a straight girl thing that straight guys have jumped all over, for obvious reasons (the main one being that it's funny).

A lot of people on this thread have the wrong idea, though. It refers to a medium size, nicely muscled body that has become softer and slightly adipose from too many video games, and too much soy milk. Trust me, for the girl who coined the term, guys like Jimmy Kimmel don't even register as being sexual beings.

Why do women like it? Probably because a lot of them have come to associate an overly fit body with ego, promiscuity, and bad choices (as they should!); it also may have to do with insecurity...I can only imagine that it's hard to be the less active one in a relationship. The takeaway, however, I think should be that women are are rarely intransigent about the physical appearance of their mate like men are, maybe because they're simply not as driven by looks, maybe because they're just more open-minded.

I think that some older guys are trying to turn this into a discussion of how women might like the (fake, preferably not yet a father) "dad" thing, but like guys who hit MILFS, most don't like it every time always. It's more of a one-time thing, unless the girl is an "artist" or aspiring to a career with a very short shelf-life---these broads have hopefully have already committed themselves a lifetime of drinking with geriatrics.

Anyway, this shouldn't have anything to do with gay men, unless we have a way to improve on something. Yes, I understand the concept of there being some appeal in minor physical imperfections---I'm all about that. But I think that the appeal is the contrast, the juxtaposition of love handles, or a paunch with a hard ass and strong legs. Not the idea of some Seth Rogen-type who looks like he got too comfortable for a couple of years. As for the posters insisting that they want a "real man"---you're in the majority. However, gay or straight, guys who take better care of themselves, and put more work into their appearance still have it going on, if only because they know that they're making the most of themselves. In the end, they win, I think (as long as they look good)! They tend to have more confidence and more drive, both of which go a long way. They can be healthier (although, I think that gay guys tend to be a lot healthier than straight guys, especially after a certain age). Why resent them?

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2015 4:00 AM

They all look like recovered heroin junkies - lard ladled onto bony frames.

by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2015 4:07 AM

So... bears... give or take some chest hair & leather.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2015 4:18 AM

I like it a lot

by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2015 1:27 PM

Dad bod will be new "football build" for the fatties looking to hook up.

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2015 1:34 PM

Women are lying when they say they prefer a toddler like body to a ripped one. It's a joke, morons!

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2015 1:42 PM

hot sexy dad bod

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2015 1:52 PM

Giving a name to something that has existed forever... whatever.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2015 2:05 PM

Considering this thread wasn't bumped for two months before yesterday ..... I'm going to say 'no'.

I've seen a few references to dadbod over the summer, but I didn't read any further if I saw it in a headline or in a photo caption.

Fit-Fat all the way ....

by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2015 2:41 PM

SJW condemns the dad bod.

It allows men to be fat and to take up more space (just like they spread their legs on subways!) while not letting women get larger.

This is written by an undergrad Harvard student....the delusional victim-hood of this generation will never cease to amazeme. And when they have higher IQs, they even make themselves sound believable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2015 3:39 PM

I love large chunky guys, so sue me.

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2015 4:02 PM

This is all first world drama. Just ask the orphan's in Africa what they think of the "dad bod."

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2015 4:15 PM

hey, if you've got it, flaunt it

by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2015 4:17 PM

work it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2015 4:32 PM

Worse than Ebola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2015 5:44 PM

Dad bod = ex-jock

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2015 6:06 PM

[quote] Anyway, this shouldn't have anything to do with gay men, unless we have a way to improve on something.

Wrong. There are many women AND gay men who appreciate a somewhat overweight guy. But there's a fine line between "dad bod" and just plain fat, as far as attractiveness.

Like many here have said, it's fit-fat or maybe even more on the fat side, but not SO fat that it starts to look unattractive.

Another factor is that some guys can pull off the heavy look, more than others. Especially if they have a handsome face.

You seem to have pigeon-holed gays into this stereotypical category of "everybody has to be thin, neat, and trim." That's bullshit. If that were true, there would be no "bear" culture in the gay world.

People have different tastes, and we're not all wired the same way as you are, R113.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2015 7:43 PM

This guy was in the cover photo for the article at R108, and I think he looks hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2015 7:51 PM

this type of body gives me an impression of beer not fatherhood or daddyhood

by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2015 8:09 PM

[quote] You seem to have pigeon-holed gays into this stereotypical category of "everybody has to be thin, neat, and trim." That's bullshit. If that were true, there would be no "bear" culture in the gay world.

Everybody does.

And the so-called "bear" sub-culture is disgusting and repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2015 2:14 AM

[quote] the so-called "bear" sub-culture is disgusting and repulsive.

Says you. And you are one person out of 7 billion, so go stick it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2015 2:35 AM

I prefer chunky guys, I can't tell you how many times I've turned down a skinny guy. They just aren't for me

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2015 2:37 AM

R134 And what cliche do you fall under? Twink, bear, jock, etc.

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2015 2:41 AM

older guy who's never liked guys who are skinny, I want them bigger. it's beautiful

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2015 3:53 AM

Sexy bod

by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2015 11:46 PM

Thin is beautiful. One can never be too rich or too thin.

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2015 11:58 PM

Or too much of a skinny rich bitch, right?

by Anonymousreply 139July 25, 2015 12:03 AM

Dad Bod is better than "rad bod"

by Anonymousreply 140July 28, 2015 1:12 PM

[quote] One can never be too rich or too thin.

That is a tired, stupid cliche, promoted by brainless and vapid people with too much time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 141July 28, 2015 1:14 PM

This dad bod craze is horrible. It's just an excuse that lazy, out-of-shape people have come up with. "I'm natural and I love my natural lazy body". NO, bitch, you don't look good. Get your lazy ass in the gym and eat right. Guys with dad bods simply are lazy and don't care about their appearance.

by Anonymousreply 142July 28, 2015 2:11 PM

I doubt the dad bod movement will keep its momentum.

by Anonymousreply 143July 28, 2015 3:29 PM

It's inevitable, honey bunny, you'll get chunkier too some day and then not be such a prig about it.

by Anonymousreply 144July 28, 2015 4:18 PM

R144 Well that comes with age and if you put some effort and start early you can reach old age with a decent body. Yet the dad bod movement seems to be aimed at young guys and encouraging them to be lazy with their bodies. Well whatever floats their boat I guess.

by Anonymousreply 145July 28, 2015 4:31 PM

R144 there are plenty of examples of HOT, very fit older guys who didn't become lazy. Getting older is no excuse to say "fuck it I'll be lazy".

by Anonymousreply 146July 28, 2015 4:48 PM

The opposite of body-nazi is NOT "lazy". I work out every day, have full mobility of every joint nearly every day of the year, can lift very heavy objects with ease if careful, but no - I'll never be an underwear model, nor was it ever my intention. But I get compliments on my physique still though I'm pushing fifty. No one EVER would call me lazy, but I have more of a dad bod than not in your book

by Anonymousreply 147July 28, 2015 11:34 PM

ed oneill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2015 1:35 AM

hottie

by Anonymousreply 149September 18, 2015 2:34 PM

I rode that hot rod.

by Anonymousreply 150September 18, 2015 2:37 PM

HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 23, 2015 2:38 PM

r151

Too bad the face ruins it.

by Anonymousreply 152September 23, 2015 3:32 PM

I think it's hot. Not everyone can pull it off. I think it shows self-possession and that you don't take yourself to seriously.

Here is Pierce Brosnan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2019 4:10 PM

Danny Dyer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2019 4:14 PM

Pierce Brosnan is pushing 70. He looks pretty good for that age.

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2019 4:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!