Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Those bathroom sinks that look like a bowl sitting on a flat surface

They look cool but they can't be practical, can they?

by Anonymousreply 141February 23, 2023 6:12 AM

unless you have a large counter. Otherwise they consume the whole space.

They were cool for awhile - not exactly cutting edge anymore and a space waster.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2015 11:48 PM

They're called vessel sinks. I have one in one of my bathrooms, and it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2015 11:48 PM

By the way, I don't know why a vessel sink would "waste" any more space than the standard kind.

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2015 11:52 PM

Very 2004.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2015 12:04 AM

A pain in the ass to wash your face in.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2015 12:09 AM

I have one in one of my bathrooms. There fine. It works like a regular sink.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2015 12:23 AM

Yes, R6, there fine, but elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2015 12:24 AM

ooopw. *they're

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2015 12:27 AM

I was thinking about putting them in my bathrooms, but then I used them a few times in hotels and they were really kind of a PITA. Water splashed all over the counter and it limited movement somewhat. Plus they are pretty much dated right now.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2015 12:28 AM

Trendy and a pain in the he ass on many levels.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2015 12:29 AM

My brother has one in the bathroom, because he wife wanted it. He says you can't do anything without splashing water all over the counter and making a mess.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2015 12:31 AM

What are you people doing that water spill all over the counters. Seriously I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2015 12:33 AM

If the bowl is too shallow,R12, It doesn't take much to make a mess. I know, I hate mine.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2015 12:37 AM

Water splashes and spills because the bowl is mounted above the counter. Try- oh, I give up...

Also, note the counter top is significantly lower. Maybe in a powder room, or not.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2015 12:38 AM

R5, why? Seems like the same procedure to me

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2015 12:40 AM

Those sinks are midwest middle class, circa 2002.

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2015 1:01 AM

R15 - R9 explains it well

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2015 1:18 AM

I have one in my powder room and it's perfectly fine. It's rather large so water doesn't splash all over creation, but it does take up most of the vanity top. And no, I don't live in the midwest circa 2002.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2015 1:19 AM

[quote]They're called vessel sinks. I have one in one of my bathrooms, and it's ridiculous.

There, fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2015 1:21 AM

How do you wash the space around the exterior of the bowl?

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2015 1:25 AM

They're awful!

This sink trend is insanity, but lots of people are falling for this dopey design trend. The water splashes everywhere by simply trying to wash half a hand. I'd rip it out on day one for something like an actual sink!

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2015 2:26 AM

The flatter and wider they are, the less they splash all over.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2015 2:31 AM

I don't like them. Impractical. Frau types get all giddy over them.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2015 2:34 AM

R13, well, if you're dumb enough to buy one that's too shallow then it'll splash everywhere. I wasn't dumb enough to do that.

R14, it depends entirely on how high the countertop is, and how tall the user is. Not being a midget, I have no trouble.

R20, with a sponge.

I'm not promoting pedestal sinks. I really don't care what kind of sink anyone gets. I have 2-1/2 baths and a kitchen sink. Only one of these is a pedestal sink. I was remodeling, and bought it because I liked it. It works fine. No difference from a regular one.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2015 2:36 AM

Oops, I am R2 not R6. The comments were so similar that I thought R6 was mine until I re-read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2015 2:37 AM

Why the F would you splash any more water then a bowl mounted IN the counter. I have one and it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2015 2:41 AM

The harvest gold refrigerator of 2025.

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2015 2:42 AM

R26, This probably has to do with the faucet flow rate and the fact that these bowls have no where near the volume capacity of a regular sink.

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2015 2:53 AM

R26, when I went shopping during the remodel, I did see some pedestal sinks that were obviously stupid because they weren't deep enough, i.e. the sides weren't high enough.

Oddly enough, this being America, we have lots of choices as long as we can pay for them. So, guess what? I laughed at the stupid pedestal sinks, and bought one with 6-inch high sides. Voila! No problemo! Amazing, isn't it?

See the picture at the link. Yes, everything's dirty. The cleaning lady comes next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2015 2:53 AM

You're a disgusting pig.

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2015 2:56 AM

R28, that's bullshit about the capacity. My pedestal sink has plenty of capacity. Not that I use it. But if I needed to fill it up, it'd hold more than any of the sinks in the other bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2015 3:04 AM

I see that I called them "pedestal sinks" in a couple posts. Shows you how much of a decorator bitch I am. Vessel sink, Vessel sink. Vessel sink.

Oh, and bitches, I have a granite farm-style sink in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2015 3:06 AM

That looks gross R29. And so impractical. No wonder you're single.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2015 3:08 AM

R30, the kitchen sink cost $3,000. Should I tell you how much the stone floor (heated) and the stone walls in the one bathroom with the vessel sink cost? Not to mention the steam shower. Let me tell you, a steam shower is great, especially if you also have a rain showerhead. Yes, it uses more water. See if I give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2015 3:09 AM

R33, I had a partner for 20 years, and (to channel a classic DL line) he died. I'm just about to hit the 5-year mark with my "new" partner, and we're going to get married this year. So, in the politest possible way: Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2015 3:11 AM

Pretty but not practical.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2015 3:12 AM

Wow, this old queen sure is fucking invested in his vessel sink!

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2015 3:21 AM

I always felt like they should have popcorn in them

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2015 3:43 AM

Yeah, very defensive. Maybe I would be too if I was selling the concept.

Dumbest idea for sinks ever.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2015 3:44 AM

I don't like them. I splash a lot of water when washing my face and they are shit.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2015 3:51 AM

Saw an oldish bathroom in a condo recently. The realtor went on about 'it needs a little updating ...' The sink was 60s/70s porcelain with a ring of stainless around it. It did look a bit dated, but also kind of classic and practical.

These bowl sinks will not age well. They are trendy and kind of dumb. The worst are the shallow wide ones. Takes forever to fill one for shaving.

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2015 3:55 AM

Some friends spent a fortune remodeling their house, including the downstairs bath. They installed a shallow, rectangle, trendy sink. I was careful but still got water all over the counter just washing my hands. Then of course I had to clean it up. I don't like those shallow sinks or the counter top bowl sinks. They were cool for about five minutes.

Plus, how are you supposed to wash your dainties in a shallow sink?

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2015 4:02 AM

[quote]the kitchen sink cost $3,000. Should I tell you how much the stone floor (heated) and the stone walls in the one bathroom with the vessel sink cost?

My heart bleeds that you had to spend so much money to have the nice things you deserve. So unfair

Would you perhaps have a crust of bread to spare after these crushing expenses you've endured?

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2015 4:05 AM

R2, you sound like a horror

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2015 4:10 AM

Trendy stuff is always a poor investment. Anything that's cool for five minutes is ten minutes away from being "so five minutes ago."

If it's not practical or useful, leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2015 4:21 AM

I don't mind them in a hotel but I would never have one in my own home. Not my taste. I prefer an undermount sink, deep enough so that it doesn't splash. To each his own but I would think it would take longer to clean all around the inside AND outside of those bowl thingies PLUS the sink area around the bowl. Water spots everywhere (on the glass ones), too. And, yes, they now look dated.

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2015 4:25 AM

Those things are so late. Are you posting from 2005?

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2015 4:35 AM

R43, here is your answer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2015 4:52 AM

R41, who in hell fills a sink for shaving?

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2015 5:01 AM

I live in a large castle with fifty sinks. And marble walls. And floors. And counters. And I have a pony. And a unicorn.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2015 5:08 AM

A friend has one and I had no problem with water splashing - at least no more than a regular sink. My issue was he put it on a small table with no counter space. But that's not the sink's fault.

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2015 5:10 AM

Do you have a dragon? R51 If you do, does it breathe fire?

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2015 5:13 AM

The ones I have used splash everywhere, even in hotels. They make them too shallow - it's a bizarre design decision, especially in high traffic areas.

There's one particular hotel bathroom where I turn tricks, and my shirt cuffs will get splashed without fail...and if I'm not careful and lean against the counter, my pants will get soaked which is a problem if the client isn't looking for ws.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2015 5:14 AM

I have a crystal one that is frosted glass. I toss my salad in there.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2015 5:14 AM

R38....Please, tell me, where is this place where sinks are filled with POPCORN?

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2015 5:15 AM

R29 is too high. The sink should be under the counter but now is 8 inches above the counter. Very annoying to use a high sink unless you're 7 feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2015 5:16 AM

So cheesy. We're looking to buy another house, and these really piss me off more than most other atrocities. I blame HGTV for this. Bowls sinks, fake zen "spa" bathrooms where all the tile looks like dried vomit. People take a 120 year old house, knock out all the fucking walls to make the kitchen the absolute focal point of the entire living area. As if they are celebrity chefs and their guests will all be crowding around drinking wine.

by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2015 5:19 AM

"There's a sucker born every minute."

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2015 5:22 AM

[quote] And I have a pony.

But do you have a sauna?

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2015 5:30 AM

Never used one, but have always thought they were VERY aesthetically unappealing. Monstrosities of sorts...and I knew they would be impractical, as many have stated. The clear glass vessel sinks in particular must be hell to keep clean. I see nothing wrong with the old-fashioned undermount sinks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2015 5:40 AM

R51, if he'd put a regular sink into a small counter, what would've been different?

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2015 5:49 AM

Whenever I see one in someone's house, I pee in them.

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2015 5:53 AM

That's funny, R62, because the first time I saw a bidet I took a shit in it. Didn't tell anyone, but the countess never invited me back, the heartless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2015 5:59 AM

r61, if the sink is flush with the counter you at least have some real estate to put your shaving bag, toothbrush, towel, etc., even if it is limited. The pic at the link isn't his sink but it has the same issues his bathroom has. You might be able to rest your toothpaste and toothbrush on the edge of that table but nothing else. There's no other counter or table space in the bathroom so for a guest bathroom it's rather dysfunctional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2015 6:14 AM

They do waste space, and they're a bitch to clean. The epitome of form over function.

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2015 6:16 AM

It's no different than a pedestal sink, R64.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2015 6:53 AM

Actually, upon further review, that's better than a pedestal sink because at least it has drawers & storage underneath.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2015 9:39 AM

I use mine as a bidet if the neighbors aren't looking.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2015 9:52 AM

Museum-like pieces aren't always practical. Vessel sinks are aesthetically pleasing, but must be hell to clean. I suppose if you don't clean often or take care, you'll have trouble with mildew.

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2015 9:58 AM

Midew---that's what? Smegma for wallpaper and old drapes?

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2015 10:09 AM

I don't understand this splashing nonsense. Bowl sinks only differ superficially on the outside. Functionally, they are sinks whatever the cosmetic design. If you buy one too shallow or small for purpose or have too fast a flow from your taps then of course water will go everywhere.

If it isn't going all over the counter it will be going all over the floor if you have a pedestal design. Either way, get a bigger sink or get your taps fixed.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2015 11:17 AM

I don't understand this splashing nonsense. Bowl sinks only differ superficially on the outside. Functionally, they are sinks whatever the cosmetic design. If you buy one too shallow or small for purpose or have too fast a flow from your taps then of course water will go everywhere.

If it isn't going all over the counter it will be going all over the floor if you have a pedestal design. Either way, get a bigger sink or get your taps fixed.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2015 11:17 AM

You people have sloppy bathroom etiquette. Water splashing everywhere, shitting in the bidet, go only knows what else you are doing in there.

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2015 11:21 AM

[quote]You people have sloppy bathroom etiquette.... shitting in the bidet

Should they shit in the vessel sink instead?

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2015 11:39 AM

The splashing is relative to the distance between the faucet and the -bottom- of the sink. With most of these vessel sinks, the distance between the faucet and the bottom of the vessel is much less than the faucet and the bottom of an under-mount sink.

Geesh.

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2015 12:01 PM

The trendy sinks now have hefty legs -- cankles, really.

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2015 12:07 PM

I just searched for vessel sinks on google images. There is a vast multitude of poorly designed shallow sinks available. Simple no room for functionality or much water, and ample opportunity to splash water all around. I especially dislike the ones that are too high. The high edges would be hard on the wrists.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2015 4:40 PM

What you fools who don't get out much are missing, is that a LOT of these bowl sinks are wide and shallow, so yes, the water does splash everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2015 5:01 PM

R78, I might be wide and shallow, but my vessel sink isn't

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2015 5:36 PM

R75, I can hardly believe I'm commenting so much on this, but that's DL for you. I just measured the undermount sinks in my two bathrooms, and the vessel sink in the third bathroom. Whether vessel or undermount, all three are exactly the same: 8-3/4 inches from faucet to bowl bottom, and six inches on the sides of the bowls.

It's true that there are stupidly shallow vessel sinks out there, but you don't have to buy them. And one advantage of vessel sinks is a lot more storage room in the vanity cabinet. You don't lose any space on top of the cabinet, unless you're in the habit of storing things inside your undermount sink.

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2015 5:47 PM

R64, the picture you posted actually has more room than an undermount sink would. R67 has it exactly right. That said, if it were me, I'd looked into a slightly smaller sink on top, so I could have more room on the sides.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2015 6:03 PM

Now here is a really stupid vessel sink. Not only is it shallow, but it's glass and will never be as clean as it was the day it was installed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2015 6:08 PM

But this one will work just fine

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2015 6:10 PM

But this one will work just fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2015 6:14 PM

Does it have an overflow drain?

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2015 6:22 PM

Does the fat queen who keeps going on and on about this own stock in the vessel sink company or something? Dearie, please calm down.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2015 6:25 PM

I'm having problems with this issue right now. I remodeled my guest bathroom, and we misjudged where to put the accent tile that runs in a band around the circumference of the room. As a result, it's a bit too low and if I put a standard height vanity (around 35") it would block the accent stripe behind the sink. So someone suggested a vessel sink, which would allow for a lower vanity, and the sink wouldn't block the view of the stripe. But my initial reaction was that they're trendy and will look outdated soon, so I've sort of vetoed that idea.

Another option would be a pedestal sink, but then there's no counter space. Anyone have any suggestions, or know where I could get a slightly lower vanity that will help with this problem?

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2015 6:32 PM

R87, if you lower the vanity too much and install an undermount sink, your guests will get a backache when they wash their hands. Before I remodeled this was an issue with what had been there, so I measured how high I wanted the top edge of the sinks.

If you want a lower vanity and can't find one, just get a cabinet that stands on legs and have the installer saw off enough of the bottoms to reduce the counter height.

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2015 6:47 PM

[quote]Does the fat queen who keeps going on and on about this own stock in the vessel sink company or something? Dearie, please calm down.

Next up, he's going to start a thread vigorously defending the barbed wire tattoo on his bicep.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2015 7:14 PM

I must be missing the obvious.

You have a space that is x inches high, y inches deep and z inches wide for you sink area.

You want a sink a inches wide, b inches deep and c inches across.

You want the top of the sink to hit the top of your space - or x inches high.

So whether sink in vessel, in-counter or pedestal the formula is the same.

The non-sink space + (x*y*x) - (a*b*c).

In other words you have the same available storage and pipe space regardless of sink design.

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2015 7:29 PM

This is what I want now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2015 7:30 PM

I have a glass and stainless steel glory hole.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2015 7:32 PM

Wow who knew vessel sinks touch such a gay nerve!

I'll join. Let's see: Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2015 7:34 PM

I'm not really interested in your vessel sink. But I would like to see your large pipe organ.

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2015 7:39 PM

R87 -

You can pull off my suggestion using pieces from whoever decade suits your home.

A nice simple white pedestal sink or floating vanity aka floating sink (bolted to the wall. It's great for small bathrooms / spaces). Counter space is overrated. A large medicine cabinet will be your storage.

If you want some toiletries on display but lack counter space, you can have a floating glass or ceramic shelf under the cabinet, as many early 20th century bathrooms did.

In place of a medicine cabinet, you can also use a large bathroom cabinet and a swinging mirror bolted to the side wall. I think this looks cool. This look works best if the cabinet is a dark color, say, dark green or gray, and if your bathroom is painted. If it's white it will probably look cheap.

You can make this arrangement look as mid-century or as modern as you want. Good luck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2015 7:45 PM

Make that "whatever decade". r95

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2015 7:49 PM

Those sinks reek of 2005.

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2015 7:51 PM

Oh yes, OP, they're very practical...for serving pasta from your bathroom sink. You could also fill it with milk and Cheerios and eat breakfast in your bathroom. Think of the time you'll save in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2015 7:52 PM

R90 The point is that with the cabinet being as high as the accent stripe, it blocks the a portion of the stripe that's the entire width of the cabinet (i.e., 30"). With a vessel sink, the cabinet/countertop is somewhat lower; the vessel sink can be mounted on top of the counter/cabinet and you can still see the stripe behind it.

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2015 7:54 PM

I used to house-sit at a place that took two years and $4 million to renovate.

A powder room off the kitchen had a high counter with a large, high vessel sink and bronze flute faucet. Anyone of average height had to lift their arms up over the sink edge to wash them. No one in that family was tall.

By the time the home was completed, that sink was passe.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2015 7:57 PM

OP, the results are final. The majority opinion is thumbs down on the vessel sink, with a minority who think they are "fine", which doesn't sound very enthusiastic. The DL Supreme Court has ruled!

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2015 8:01 PM

*gavel smack*

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2015 8:03 PM

I'm totally fine with people not liking the style of vessel sinks. It may well be that they're, say, the stainless steel appliances of the '00s.

I only object to the stuff about them being too high or that they splash. Yeah, if you put them too high or get the wrong one, that can be true. But that's got nothing to do with the general idea of a vessel sink.

Get the right sink, and measure the distance from the floor to the lip of the sink, and you're fine.

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2015 8:27 PM

Fascinating fodder. And some of you wonder why people always leave your parties early.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2015 8:33 PM

Some of us can't have parties because we haven't finished deciding on which sink to install.

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2015 8:35 PM

Some of those sinks would make great serving bowls and platters.

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2015 8:39 PM

[quote]I have a crystal one that is frosted glass. I toss my salad in there.

Can you fit your ass in there?

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2015 8:45 PM

Another advantage of a vessel sink (at least mine) is that it's so high up that it would be very difficult to shit in. Even pissing in that sink would be tough.

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2015 8:49 PM

I don't think they look cool. I want to wash my hands, not mix a cake.

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2015 8:56 PM

That is true

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2015 8:57 PM

I have one in my powder room and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2015 9:46 PM

R2 is all over this thread and even posted a picture of his horribly-dated bathroom at R29.

R2, do you see all of that shit above (and under and around) the faucet all over the mirror? That is what people are talking about re: splashing. Unless you're taking a mouth full of toothpaste water and practicing your spit-takes at the mirror, that is caused by your terribly-designed vessel sink. I'm sorry that you made such a terrible design choice, but you are not very likely to find many people who find your bathroom attractive. This style of sink is only appropriate in trendy hotels that redecorate every few years. Maybe in bars. Every once in awhile you'll see one in a Thai restaurant bathroom. Except none of those places buys their bathroom materials from Home Depot.

And what is with the shaving kit on the counter? Is this a bathroom you force your guests to use?

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2015 4:37 AM

R112, I'm a man. I'm a slob. It's why I have a cleaning lady. Yes, I am untrendy. I am the worst homo on the planet. I need "Queer Eye for the Queer Guy." Or needed, because that bathroom's not going to change until the estate sale.

But I have to say: Nothing, and I do mean nothing, came from Home Depot. Not in the bathroom. The kitchen is another matter. But the bathroom? Nope. Not only was it entirely custom, but it was measured down to the inch because of how little space there is.

Don't like it? Fine. The only reason I put the photo up there was to show that vessel sinks don't splash any more than undermounts do.

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2015 4:48 AM

p.s.: R113, I actually had the Queer Eye in here, and he liked it. I even hired a frau consultant for $100 an hour to tell me what colors to use. But who the hell knows?

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2015 4:52 AM

[quote]Actually, upon further review, that's better than a pedestal sink because at least it has drawers & storage underneath.

R67, look at where the drainpipe is at r64. it goes right through the "drawers." They are non-functional.

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2015 4:55 AM

[quote] The only reason I put the photo up there was to show that vessel sinks don't splash any more than undermounts do

Your picture proves they splash more than undermounts do. There is water all over your mirror. I have an undermount sink and I have to scrub makeup off of my face (I'm female) and there is never that much water all around my sink and mirror/backsplash

by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2015 5:03 AM

R116, you're female. What makes you think I care about your opinion of my sink?

by Anonymousreply 117May 12, 2015 5:06 AM

So I think I've just figured out the main problem with R2. He's blind!

by Anonymousreply 118May 12, 2015 5:06 AM

R112, let's see your bathroom

by Anonymousreply 119May 12, 2015 5:11 AM

Thanks for your suggestions about how to deal with my issue. I had thought about a pedestal sink but sort of dismissed it, but I'm thinking it might be the best solution. I need one in black or a dark color, since the tile on the wall is blue-gray and the floor is off-white, I think. Would that be OK even though the toilet and bathtub are white? If I were going to get a standard vanity, I'd get a black cabinet, blue or black quartz or granite countertop, but white sink. With a pedestal you have to stick to one color. Maybe white would work?

And the floating shelves would work, and then I'll get a recessed mirrored medicine cabinet in black also.

by Anonymousreply 120May 12, 2015 5:12 AM

Black? Look, if you think the picture I posted was disgusting, just wait until you try to keep a black anything clean.

by Anonymousreply 121May 12, 2015 5:13 AM

[quote]just wait until you try to keep a black anything clean

I completely agree!

by Anonymousreply 122July 21, 2015 10:22 AM

[quote]He says you can't do anything without splashing water all over the counter and making a mess.

What are you a gorilla? You can't wash without making a splash? I can wash in a thimble be clean and not make a mess.

Here's my sink in my guest bathroom, who also don't make messes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 21, 2015 11:15 AM

When I redo the guest bathroom, I am getting this kind of sink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 21, 2015 11:16 AM

It works best in a guest bathroom - guests can enjoy and it doesn't need to be super practical, since 99% of its use is for handwashing.

by Anonymousreply 125July 21, 2015 11:42 AM

I hated those ugly vessels sinks from the first day I saw one.

I am embarrassed for anyone that has never owned one.

by Anonymousreply 126July 21, 2015 11:55 AM

Ever owned one

by Anonymousreply 127July 21, 2015 11:56 AM

Okay, fess up. How many of you queens posted in the "bread in refridgerator" thread?

by Anonymousreply 128July 21, 2015 12:24 PM

You can take my bread out of the refridgerator when you pry it from my cold dead hand!

by Anonymousreply 129July 21, 2015 5:31 PM

No. Don't. Because.

by Anonymousreply 130July 21, 2015 5:50 PM

How about my sink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2015 6:01 PM

My vessel sink in guest bathroom:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2015 8:26 PM

I like them. They seem more luxurious.

by Anonymousreply 133January 29, 2021 4:25 PM

Fine for a powder room, but the bathroom I use to shower and groom myself in the morning needs more surface space and I would prefer a large, shallow basin over a tall and narrow bowl.

I also think they just look weird. I like the clean look of a vanity where the sink and the countertop are all one seamless piece.

by Anonymousreply 134January 29, 2021 5:28 PM

Vessel sinks are the Hitler of sinks.

by Anonymousreply 135January 29, 2021 5:44 PM

Jesus, Defacto at R133, enough with the inane 2015 thread-bumping.

by Anonymousreply 136January 29, 2021 6:29 PM

And stop enabling him.

by Anonymousreply 137January 29, 2021 7:04 PM

R136 no

by Anonymousreply 138September 3, 2022 1:11 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 139December 24, 2022 6:20 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 140February 23, 2023 5:59 AM

She’s doing it again, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 141February 23, 2023 6:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!