Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rudolf Nureyev- who had him?

The larger than life ballet dancer who made women's hearts melt and men's dicks erect...

who here ever met him or knows somebody who did?

I still remember him shirtless in a towel on the Muppet Show with Miss Piggy singing "I Really Must Go."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2018 5:06 PM

He claims he slept with Fonteyn.

She laughed that off.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2015 6:34 PM

I'll tell you who. Notorious uber-cunt Lee Radziwell. She moved him into her long-suffering second husband's house as a 'lodger' and tried to fuck him. And succeeded, once.

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Rudi, limelight thief

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2015 6:40 PM

Who didn't?

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2015 6:40 PM

We changed in different dressing rooms in a men's store on Greenwich Avenue one fall day in 1976. He had a long, pretty dick. He was wearing tights and he took them off. I was too shy to reach out and touch him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2015 6:41 PM

You silly thing, R5

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2015 6:42 PM

Stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2015 6:43 PM

I know, R6. Those days, I figured, oh, well, I'll see him around again. Plus I was crazy in love, and that day I really needed to try on clothes because I'd just landed a new job.

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2015 6:46 PM

My god, he was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2015 6:46 PM

David Ehrenstein was known for chasing him at the Continental Baths in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 10April 23, 2015 6:46 PM

It looks as if Tab Hunter had him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2015 6:47 PM

I had him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2015 6:48 PM

According to rumor, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2015 6:48 PM

Was he of the Je wish persuasion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2015 6:49 PM

R14 Are you blind?

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2015 6:52 PM

Do you see a foreskin, R15? I don't find it's that clearcut, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2015 6:55 PM

Any nudes of Misha?

Rudy was gorgeous but Misha's thighs and ass were the most perfect things I ever saw.

Sadly I only saw them in tights.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2015 7:51 PM

I think that "Muppet Show" sketch was the only time in my life I really wanted to be Miss Piggy,

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2015 7:58 PM

The Sauna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2015 8:00 PM

R14, Nureyev was a Mus lim Tatar from Bashkortostan, an Is lamic region conquered by the Russian empire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2015 8:00 PM

I knew someone who worked at the Met when he came to dance. Said his dealer would bring his weed to the theater and he would caress the faces of the better looking young guys.

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2015 8:01 PM

Rudy liked the baths so many had him. I had a very attractive friend who met him at the baths in NY. Rudy was a bottom. My friend spoke glowingly of the meeting. Sadly they both died of AIDS and I sometime wonder if thier deaths were directly related.

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2015 8:03 PM

Valentio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2015 8:07 PM

Is there anybody Tab Hunter didn't hook up with?

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2015 8:34 PM

R20, please fuck off with your oh-so-clever "Mu slim" and "Je wish" bullshit.

Go away and crawl in a hole.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2015 8:37 PM

He was dating a friend of mine who feigned illness one evening and headed to the baths instead. There he ran into Nureyev, and that was that.

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2015 9:07 PM

R16. Rudy is intact. His foreskin is clearly visible. It's just retracted some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2015 1:44 AM

Nureyev was half Bashkir, half Tatar. His father was a political officer in the army, which meant a hardcore party member of some rank. When Nureyev was living in Paris after he defected, his mother called him, begging him to return and telling him all would be forgiven. Calling the West at that time could only be done with KGB approval, and Nureyev asked how she knew where to find him. His mother did not answer.

Nureyev, like most Soviet born dancers, started with folk dance. He said his father used to beat him for dancing, telling him he'd end up a drunkard. Nureyev was not dissuaded, and in his forties, stated he was happy his father beat him, because it toughened him up, and dancers have a hard life.

It is rumoured he was Ninel Kurgapkina's lover, and she pushed for him to become lead dancer at the Kirov. It is also rumoured that he was the lover of the head of the Kirov Ballet, though I can't recall his name offhand.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2015 2:04 AM

Thanks, R27. That's the same pic I posted.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2015 2:08 AM

From various stories I've read about his bathhouse escapades, he had a voracious sexual appetite. He was frequently seen laying stomach down in his cubicle, inviting guys to fuck him. As soon as they got off, he was on to the next conquest. He was a total bathhouse slut, in other words.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2015 2:21 AM

Allan Carr had a famous Mattress Party at which Nureyev lay on his back on the floor of the guesthouse and welcomed all who wanted to fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2015 2:27 AM

While it is not good to speak ill of the dead, when it comes to Nureyev and sexual conquests probably the better question would be who *didn't have him*.

If you want the real inside dirt best to track down this guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2015 2:32 AM

Interesting article, R32. Thanks for posting it.

I think Nureyev was heads and shoulders above Baryshnikov in execution, and talent. There is no comparison. Nureyev's spins were perfection.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2015 2:46 AM

Sad thing with Baryshnikov is his ballet career in the "West" was cut short by injury.

In terms of hotness Alexander Godunov always did it for me more than RN or MB. The man apparently was a hot mess....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2015 2:59 AM

British (Scottish) actor John Fraser had him. Fraser found Nureyev's hygienically-challenged scent "sublime," often making love after rehearsals or a performance without benefit of a shower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2015 3:04 AM

Yes, he was gorgeous.

I think he wanted to deny he was gay, and that was the basis of Godunov's problems. Homosexuality was tolerated in the dance world in the USSR, but gays were sent to prison for having sex, and Russian society, in particular, was very anti gay, although there were gay bars (unofficial) in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2015 3:05 AM

"Nureyev's spins were perfection."

And how!

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2015 3:09 AM

WAS, r36?

Have you been paying attention to what's going on in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2015 3:13 AM

Nureyev and the great love of his life Erik Bruhn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2015 3:15 AM

Of course I have, R38. However, I wanted to put it in the context of Godunov's life.

Had Nureyev stayed in Russia, he would have been able to live his life as a gay man, because of his talent, the fact he would have lived in the dance world, and the strength of his personality. I think Godunov struggled more with accepting who he was.

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2015 3:21 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2015 5:26 AM

I think Godunov was bi-sexual.

He had romances with Jackie Bissett and Loree Rodkin.

by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2015 5:37 AM

I'm glad I stayed away from them gay Russkies!

by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2015 5:40 AM

“Nureyev was sexually insatiable,” noted Dominick Dunne. “For one party in his honor, Allan hired a hustler for every room in his house so Nureyev could be serviced on the spot, if he so chose.” This is what came to be known, unofficially, as the Nureyev Mattress Party, which might have been payback for all the women Rudy had to dance with on that previous evening. From the Daily Beast link, lol

'Allan welcomed his Russian guest of honor to (a) fete with an abundance of Beluga caviar, Stolichnaya vodka, and Hollywood rent boys. Curiously, it was the latter dishes that Nureyev never got around to sampling, although other guests made quick use of them. At one point in the evening, producer Howard Rosenman wondered when he was going to see, much less meet, the world’s greatest dancer. Then he heard someone cry out into the jasmine-filled night air, “Nureyev’s getting fucked in the lanai!”

Actually, it was the cottage—the same one on the Hilhaven grounds where Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini kicked off their illicit affair in 1946. Rosenman estimated the line outside the tiny stone house, now being used as Allan’s office, at 25 men. He peeked inside the door. Yes, Nureyev was on his back, his heels banging away on a Smith-Corona.'

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2015 11:29 AM

Sweet picture of Rudy and Margot in the wings in Paris in 1964, they received 89 curtain calls at the end of their Swan Lake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2015 11:31 AM

[quote]“Nureyev’s getting fucked in the lanai!”

I thought the gays usually did that in the fanny.

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2015 1:40 PM

R46, I think you and I and scores of others all pictured Blanche's lanai when they read that.

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2015 1:46 PM

Lol, R47. I know I did.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2015 1:58 PM

After Nureyev got off stage he had to get off. And often during intermission as well!

I know one of the innumerable who had him -- when he'd first escaped to the West, so he was not only dazzling but young. They ended up in Nureyev's hotel suite which was stuffed with flowers and invitations from society matrons. Nureyev fucked him stupid like the tarter he was. The fuck of his life. However he'd been dying for a shit beforehand and the combination of the tarter cock and the athleticism meant there was shit all over the bed -- which only seemed to turn Rudi on more and he kept pounding away. Afterwards the room looked like a crime scene. However he said Rudi just blithely closed the sliding doors and imperiously strode into the spare bedroom, leaving it all for the maids.

by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2015 3:24 PM

R49 that is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 50April 24, 2015 4:54 PM

Who lets a guy fuck him when he needs to take a dump?

by Anonymousreply 51April 24, 2015 6:40 PM

There was a biography some time ago that claimed Nureyev and Mick Jagger had a fling.

by Anonymousreply 52April 24, 2015 7:03 PM

I've always been too shy to be promiscuous. It takes me a long time to ask a guy out on a date. I was a psychology major in university so I've often wondered what goes on in the minds of guys who have multiple partners.

Anyone want to enlighten me? Is it a type of sex addiction? A bad childhood? A personality disorder?

What makes a man like Rudi (eg. a man with the world of opportunity and possibility open to him) lie down at a party and let total strangers penetrate him?

by Anonymousreply 53April 24, 2015 7:33 PM

R53, he seems to have needed to be on show, for an audience, most of the time. Off stage, he was very flamboyant and opulent in his lifestyle, and in his sex life, well, he clearing was performing for an audience.

His father reportedly would beat him as a child for dancing, saying he would only end up a worthless drunk if he took up the profession. An amateur Freud might speculate that Rudy internalised his disappointment at his father's lack of support and pride in his superlative talents, by seeking his father's approval in endless strangers - whether audience members in La Scala or guys lining up to fuck him or cheer him on as he was fucked and fucked and fucked again.

by Anonymousreply 54April 24, 2015 7:52 PM

[quote] Anyone want to enlighten me? Is it a type of sex addiction? A bad childhood? A personality disorder?

Can't speak for Nureyev, but for me it was growing up as an awkward misfit, the type who, in school, was always chosen last for sports teams by the hot team captains I secretly lusted after.

So when I hit my 20s, and was, by definition, attractive to some men, I was more than happy to accept their invitations.

Kinda like when Louise looks in the mirror and realizes she's a pretty girl, after years of being the wallflower older sister.

by Anonymousreply 55April 24, 2015 7:54 PM

"I've always been too shy... It takes me a long time to ask a guy out on a date. I was a psychology major."

And sluts are the ones with issues?

by Anonymousreply 56April 24, 2015 8:00 PM

[quote] I've often wondered what goes on in the minds of guys who have multiple partners. Anyone want to enlighten me? Is it a type of sex addiction? A bad childhood? A personality disorder?

I'm sure you don't [italic]mean[/italic] to sound so condescending, R53.

In my case, I moved to NY after college 75/RSD, and since it was 1975, everyone, it seemed, wanted to fuck me. My first roommate had me fuck him the morning after I moved in "so we can get the sexual curiosity out of the way ASAP." It was easy enough to pick someone up nearly every time I walked outside, usually to go grocery shopping on Broadway.

And then this bar named The Candle opened. It wasn't clone-y like the place with the peanut shells on the floor whose name I no longer remember. I used to go there and meet guys and some of them would want to see me again. One named David used to show up at my office (Mad/51) and want to go for a walk. Another guy used to show up in my office, and he'd get under my desk and blow me.

I'd never been so popular. Each of these two guys wanted to marry me, or whatever the 1970s equivalent would have been, but I was having so much fun meeting a new guy every other time I left the house, I refused to settle down. One of my roommate's friends was crazy about me, but I just did not want to stop meeting new guys.

Who knew? The next one might be even better than the ones I'd already met. And the ones I'd already met were hot. God, how I wish I could be with David again today. Beautiful face, oversized cock, and he was in lust with me?

The Upper West Side was a magic kingdom thenadays.

by Anonymousreply 57April 24, 2015 8:07 PM

R54 - an interesting theory.

R55 - Many gay people feel like misfits growing up so I can empathize with you there. I'm curious - were you a shy kid? What about now - are you an introvert or extrovert? Thank you for sharing your story.

R56 - from what I've read over the years, shyness can be hereditary and it certainly is the case in my family. Three generations of men were/are shy. It's more of a personality type than a disorder but I guess it can become one if the shyness is so severe that it prevents someone from meaningful relationships. Thankfully, I'm not that far gone. I look at it this way: outgoing people feel alive when they interact with others. Shy people like me often find social interations exhausting so we use our solitary time alone to re-energize ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 58April 24, 2015 8:19 PM

I always preferred the looks of Alexander Godunov. There must be stories about him too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 24, 2015 8:28 PM

Try again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 24, 2015 8:32 PM

I'm doing now, what you did back then, r57--and I wouldn't have it any other way. Three guys want me to settle down and it's nice feeling wanted, but I don't want to yet.

by Anonymousreply 61April 24, 2015 8:37 PM

R57 - no, I didn't realize I sounded condescending. I didn't mean to at all. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone. I'm just curious as to what makes some men behave the way they do. I've never lived a life of multiple partners so it's all new to me.

You described what you were like living in New York in the 70's. Has your life changed? Have you settled down now or has your 70's life continued as you matured? I have some friends that were quite promiscuous in their teens and twenties but found partners in their 30's and 40's and settled down. I don't know if it's because they outgrew that behaviour or maybe they just found "the one". It's almost like their different people than they were before. People can change so perhaps they are different now.

by Anonymousreply 62April 24, 2015 8:55 PM

R53 / R 62, your premises are very loaded. You presuppose that what you (and, for that matter, I) find fulfilling is superior to a life characterized by a more open attitude toward sex and/or romance. You also assume that monogamy is a more mature approach, and that people mature as they age.

by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2015 4:55 PM

R63 is right. Some people do not mature as they age.

I know a few people in their middle age who live on pizza, pastries, and ice cream--all the stuff they lived on as kids. They never matured out of that taste. I think it is the same sexually.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2015 5:05 PM

R62, I "settled down" twice. Buried them both before I was 50. Two of the men I wrote about in R57 are gone as well. I haven't been as interested in sex as I once was. Someone once said, "We get 1,000 orgasms in life." I used all mine up when I was young, I think.

And I no longer live on W. 75th, in any case.

R64, I enjoyed my breakfast of eggs and asparagus today. I had pizza yesterday for lunch, though.

by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2015 5:13 PM

I find Godunov - and his hair- much less attractive. I don't actually find him attractive at all.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2015 3:09 PM

I know he wasn't a ballet dancer but for me in terms of sheer attractiveness Kelly has both Baryshnikov and Nureyev beat by miles.

A smile to die for and a body of perfect proportions. Look at him in the fantasy sequence dressed in black in The Pirate. Misha and Rudolf never looked as good.

Now if there only were some nudes somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2015 6:53 PM

Nureyev was gorgeous. Baryshnikov is hot. And Roberto Bolle is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 68April 27, 2015 6:59 PM

Got to agree with r67, re: Kelly.

But there was something almost asexual about him, for all his appeal. He was a beautiful looking man--but lots of light and little heat, IMO.

I read his (ex?) wife's (Betsy Blair's?) book just to see if there were any fantasy-launching tidbits.

by Anonymousreply 69April 27, 2015 7:15 PM

R65, only 1000?????? That's only one a day for less than three years. Are you sure it wasn't 10,000? Even that seems like a lowball estimate. So to speak.

by Anonymousreply 70April 28, 2015 12:54 AM

[quote]He was wearing tights and he took them off.

This doesn't make sense. As in his ballet tights? Why would a male ballet dancer go shopping for clothing still in his ballet tights? He had tights under his trousers?

I could understand a ballerina doing this, especially as she might have a Danskin bodysuit on with her tights, then simply added a wraparound skirt after practice, but a man keeping his tights on?

Performers, in general, usually immediately change from their stage, or performance, clothing afterwards. Rockers don't even keep their stage clothes on after a gig, they change, then go out to party.

by Anonymousreply 71April 28, 2015 1:21 AM

Jerome Robbins, if the rumors are to be believed..

by Anonymousreply 72April 28, 2015 1:26 AM

I want to know the tea on Rudy and Anthony Dowell. Supposedly Nureyev picked him out of the corps when he was only 18 and brought him to the attention of the Royal Ballet management, jump starting his career. Always suspected there was more going on there but I've never read any sort of gossip about Dowell whatsoever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 28, 2015 1:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2015 3:38 PM

R71

Lots of ballet and other male dancers do or at did wear tights under their trousers.

If you were in a hurry to get somewhere, only taking a break from classes, rehearsals or whatever it is not a big deal to slip on pants and go.

Of course it depends upon what sort of pants (skinny jeans probably won't work), and local weather (August in NYC may not be the ideal).

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2015 6:16 PM

It was October or November, 1976, R75 R71, so forgive me if I left out any details. I was shopping for fall clothing. Skinny jeans were still only for women those days. I knew, and continue to know, nothing about dancers' outfits. He was wearing what I thought were called "tights." He kind of peeled them off from the waist down. I wasn't looking at them any longer by the time he got past his pubic hair.

Do you cunt a lot, R71? You're quite good at it.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2015 6:30 PM

R76 and his shyness in front of nudie Rudie is one of my fave DL posters EVER!

by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2015 6:35 PM

Didn't he give Jackie O AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2015 6:40 PM

Aren't you sweet, R77. If only I hadn't known who he was.

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2015 6:40 PM

The guy with Aids did but he's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2015 6:53 PM

R76

Tights are basically nothing more than thicker pantyhose. Underneath you've got a supporter/jock strap. When you consider men once wore undershorts that reached nearly to the knee and or union suits it isn't *that* much different.

by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2015 7:06 PM

Cute video of Rudy and Margot arrested in S.F.

Love Rudy's wink at the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2017 1:46 AM

Told this story on another thread here ages ago...

Went to a dinner party an older friend threw several years back. He had half a dozen other eldergay friends of his there - and it was great! Fantastic food, wine and company - and lots of reminiscing about the past.

One of them told the story of how Nureyev had broken his ankle on tour (must’ve been back in the seventies or early eighties? And I’m sure he said it was ankle - but could have been a similar leg injury). It supposedly got lots of press at the time. But the real story behind it was that Nureyev had been out trolling at a particulatly busy public toilet in a park downtown - and supposedly had fallen off a toilet pedestal while standing up on it to look over the top to check out the action in the the next cubicle.

Dunno if it was true or an urban myth - but didn’t want to investigate too hard. It just sounded so fabulous that I wanted it to be true!

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2017 2:25 AM

R40, not only did Godunov have the relationships R42 mentioned, he was also married to Ludmila Vlasova, a Bolshoi ballerina who returned to Moscow when he defected in 1979. He begged her to come with him. For three days, the plane stayed on the tarmac with Vlasova inside while she debated her decision - it was a matter of huge international attention.

Bisset met Vlasova many years later after Godunov's death and said she thought Vlasova really was the love of his life.

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2017 6:37 AM

R84, really sad..the way A. Godonuv died of alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2017 4:27 PM

Could there ever be a another man as beautiful as Rudolf Nureyev? No.

by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2017 4:28 PM

Beautiful bod he had, but SUCH an ugly face.

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2017 4:31 PM

R87, But his face had character. He wasn't conventionally handsome, but I thought he was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2017 4:36 PM

There will never be a man as beautiful as Rudolf Nureyev.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2017 4:48 PM

R87, R88, I think his face was gorgeous. The bone structure is exquisite. I think we are too accustomed to the Brad Pitts nowadays. Even Antonio Banderas is not as gorgeous as the young (30is) Rudolf.

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2017 4:50 PM

I saw a movie called "Exposed" on HBO in like 1984 or so. Directed by J. Toback, who we now know is a big perv.

Exposed was a weird movie.. Rudy is kind of creepy in it. I think you get to see his naked butt.

I remember reading that the producers were hoping for a romance between RN and Nastassja Kinski, but alas.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2017 4:57 PM

[quote]Almost everyone who describes Nureyev eventually compares him to an animal. They bore you to death with this, but it was true. He seemed an unleashed force, something undiscussable in the language of reason or morals. Friends of Nureyev have said how much he loved his body. His longtime masseur, Luigi Pignotti, said that what Nureyev really wanted was to make love to himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2017 5:15 PM

Nureyev had the oddest face, he didn't look like other people. He didn't even look like other Tartars, who tend to be darker and more Asiatic. Nureyev looked beautiful from some angles, odd from older, and didn't age well.

But he had so much charisma, poise, style, sexual magnetism, and STAR QUALITY that he could have looked like Edward James Olmos and still have been a sex symbol. Look at that news footage from the drugs bust upthread, he didn't move like other people, even checking out of the police station he held himself like the star danseur who was making the audience wait for his big move. There's been nobody else like him since Nijinsky and there hasn't been anyone like that since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2017 8:54 PM

A friend and I saw a ballet documentary at the Thalia many years ago. It was about Maya Plisetskaya, entitled Plisetskaya Dances. Not long after, this friend and I got tickets for a mixed-grill ballet evening at the Met, some three or four shorter works, and Nureyev was in one of them.

At the Continental Baths, my friend encountered Nureyev himself, and because my friend was magnetic and hung, RN immediately demanded a fuck. After, my friend mentioned that he was going to see Nureyev dance in a few days.

"What ballet?" RN asks.

But my friend really didn't know what we were seeing, so just said, Plisetskaya Dances.

I know it seems lame, but I've always thought it a quaintly amusing tale.

They're both dead now.

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2017 9:13 PM

I read this biography of RN a few years back, and do recommend it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2017 9:47 PM

Or was this the book on RN that I read....Sorry not sure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2017 9:52 PM

R93, Re RN not ageing well, hard to say how he would have looked if he hadn't had AIDS.

And in the video of them leaving SF police station, you have to love Dame Margot in her "full length ermine coat" with her radiant smile.

by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2017 10:57 PM

The Muppet Show was really amazing in its day! Not for kids!

They should release it on DVD!

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2017 10:59 PM

But all the nasty sex and talk of not showering and taking dumps on the hotel sheets....call me Pollyanna Prisspot, but it kills my boner for him. Not every gay man has to like things like that.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2017 12:14 AM

R99, well he was from Russian (okay, Siberian?)

They are not going to be as clean as us folk from the good old US of A where the rule is a shower a day!

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2017 1:11 AM

And the Village, too, R57. I was just out of the Army, had my own apartment. I wasn't shy nor was I outgoing or sluttish. I was just a man with homosexual urges I didn't fight. I couldn't go out for a loaf of bread without meeting someone, or get home from work. Never thought much of it. It was just sex. After about 15 years in, three boyfriends, I realized why it was so easy, it was because in one way I was everybody's dream. Always thought myself ok, somewhat a looker, just 6' even, blond, blue eyes, 39L Brooks suit off the rack. But often nights while many in the city were changing shirts in the mirror trying to get into something nice to go down to the Village and cruise in, hoping to met someone, there I was downtown and out on the streets. Just what people hoped to find, sex with a man and I had my own place to go to. Took me years to figure out why I usually never went home with people, I took them to my place. The bar Juius' was getting going, Christopher Street was fun, just crusing Greenwich Avenue did the trick. Never went uptown, the city was coming downtown to find something, and there I was. From time to time I'd really like a guy, we'd go round together a while, "dating" I guess you'd call it, a few months to a few years. Did the several years in the Pines, in time bought in the Hamptons. Always kept the apartment. I've buried about a dozen+ now. Even today "one from the past" will turn up via a letter or phone call. It's always good to see them and go over old times. 55 happy years goes by quickly.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2017 1:25 AM

I have to agree with R87. He and Boris Hvorotovsky had a rather simian face in profile.

I went to great lengths to disguise Rudi's simian jaws in 'Valentino'. I had to cast Leslie Caron and some American woman who had equally prominent jaws to match him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2017 1:31 AM

Here he is in his apartment in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2017 4:57 AM

Anyone who had Nureyev is long dead of AIDS by now. He was first in line, well second behind me

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2017 5:19 AM

I have often wondered that too R53

I'm far from a prude, I've had numerous partners, more than one in a day, you name it. But I don't get the appeal of laying down on a mattress and letting a line of random dudes pork you. I've always chosen the guys I fuck around with and even if they were Grindr hookups, the appeal of the chase always made it worthwhile, however short that chace may have been

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2017 5:25 AM

^ The appeal was the wish for self-abasement.

He had a hollow rectum because his soul was hollow being bereft with the knowledge he couldn't live in the bosom of Mother Russia.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2017 5:32 AM

R101, I lived in the Village for a couple of years, too, 1976-1978. I wonder if we ever went home together. I hung out at the Ninth Circle more than any other bar, but found people to have sex with on the street most of all.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Was he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2018 2:20 AM

R108 uncut

by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2018 2:23 AM

R101 sounds like an older gentleman who chatted me up @ Julius recently.

by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2018 2:52 AM

R108. Rudolph Nureyev's penis is intact. His foreskin is retracted a bit, but it is clearly visible. Click onto the photo, then click on it again to enlarge it. You'll clearly see his foreskin covering the coronal ridge of his glans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2018 2:53 AM

R14 r15 There are uncut Jews.

by Anonymousreply 112May 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Rudy had the perfect ass to fuck. Fucking him was hotter watching him huge cock cum while plowing him.

by Anonymousreply 113May 29, 2018 3:10 AM

I wish I had Rudy. There are no stars alive today like him, hung, handsome and hot!

by Anonymousreply 114May 29, 2018 11:29 PM

They don't make Russian men like they used to...

by Anonymousreply 115May 29, 2018 11:35 PM

Rudy must have been hung 11 inches!

by Anonymousreply 116May 29, 2018 11:36 PM

I've met two different men in Vancouver who claim to have sex with Nureyev in bathhouses in Toronto. At least one of them is still alive.

When Nureyev was in Vancouver he complained mightily about Vancouver's typical weather. A local journalist entitled his column "Rudolf, the Red, Knows Rain, Dear".

by Anonymousreply 117May 30, 2018 12:53 AM

He was one of hottest and hungest of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 118May 30, 2018 4:08 AM

R100, Rudy was Tartar. And he was Muslim!

by Anonymousreply 119May 30, 2018 5:58 PM

R12, that is not RN in the pic with Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 120May 30, 2018 6:06 PM

R51 You'd be surprised

by Anonymousreply 121May 30, 2018 6:18 PM

I slept with Rudy in the 70's and he was pure sex!

by Anonymousreply 122June 1, 2018 3:15 AM

Bump. Gorgeous man - face, body - all of it.

by Anonymousreply 123October 9, 2018 7:23 AM

R123, I am reading "Dancing On My Grave" by Gelsey Kirkland.

Great read if you are interested in ballet.

She danced with Rudi, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 124October 9, 2018 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!