Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Flashdance

A friend saw it on one of those old movie stations last week. He feels he only thing that stood the test of time, and actually got better, was Laura Brannigan's song Imagination. How could anyone not know that wasn't Jennifer Beals dancing? How did they get away with this shit?

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2020 1:18 AM

That movie just looked so beautiful, the way it was shot, I think people loved the way it looked and felt.

Beals did not, for a second, get away with having a dancing-double. It was revealed pretty quickly that she wasn't the one dancing.

The needed a pretty face for the lead role because the woman actually dancing, while she had a killer 80s body, she did NOT have the face to go along with it.

In the final scene, where she is trying to get into that school, it was actually a young male in a wig doing all those moves.

I guess Demi Moore was also up for Jennifer Beals' part so the producers showed both of their audition tapes to a group of teamsters and asked them which girl would they pay money to see in a movie.

Beals won.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2015 2:09 PM

This 15-year-old gay boy wanted to be gorgeous Jennifer Beals with the sassy sweatshirts. I didn't care that she didn't do her own dancing.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2015 2:13 PM

It's sad that the woman who played her friend Sunny died a year after the movie came out.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2015 2:15 PM

Exactly, r3.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2015 2:24 PM

What I found most unbelievable was that she'd earned her welding ticket at the age of eighteen and had found a union position given the economy at that time.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2015 2:25 PM

I wanted that super-sexy raw loft space of hers. I think that's the first time I noticed the whole loft chic thing going on.

Adrian Lyne was a genius at that. Making an aesthetic or sense of lifestyle its own separate character. His movies look so amazing. I could live in any of them.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2015 2:26 PM

It really is a product of its time. It showcased the very popular soundtrack by having several of the songs be mini-music videos. I was always surprised they didn't release Imagination by Laura Branigan as a single. I think it would have been a Top 10 hit given the popularity of the movie and soundtrack. Much like your friend, most people I know who like the movie think that's the best song on the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2015 2:29 PM

That's not at all how I remember it!

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2015 2:35 PM

When the movie was being promoted, was Jennifer asked during interviews about the dancing in the movie? If so, did she claim to do the dancing or did she admit it was someone else?

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2015 2:37 PM

Demi Moore wasn't as fuckable as Jennifer Beals, which is reportedly why Jen got the part. She turned down a myriad of roles after the success of Flashdance (a part as the female lead in Purple Rain is one example) to continue her education at Yale.

Marine Jahan did all the complicated dancing for the Beals role. The only time a man is doubling as "Alex" is during the breakdance/backspinning move near the end during the audition scene. It's actually renown NYC breaker Crazy Legs doing the difficult move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2015 2:43 PM

That pic is hysterical ...you can tell it's him!

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2015 2:48 PM

I don't remember Jennifer Beals ever taking credit for the dance scenes. Even back in the day, it was obvious to moviegoers that Jennifer was not doing the dancing.

I do remember as a young gayling feeling the tingles for super hot Michael Nouri. I'd already had a crush on him from a TV show from 1979 called Cliffhangers. That show had a trio of hot men. There were three ongoing stories and each one had a hot guy I was into. Michael Nouri was in The Curse of Dracula and played Dracula. He was very sexy in that role. The Secret Empire had Geoffrey Scott from Dynasty fame as a U.S. Marshal who tracks a band of thieves to a futuristic underground city. Then there was Stop Susan Williams with Michael Swan, who played Duncan on As The World Turns. All were hairy-chested hunks. Only the Dracula story was any good, and that's not saying much. Bad show, good eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2015 3:23 PM

I was very young at the time Flashdance came out, but I remember how hugely popular it was. My parents and all their friends went to see it. I also remember the influence it had on fashion. All of a sudden, women everywhere were getting those big, poufy 80s perms and wearing sweatshirts with the torn collars hanging off one shoulder. That was a HUGE look for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2015 4:40 PM

We saw Julie Andrews in Victor, Victoria in Chicago. Hunk Michael was in it. Stage door hangers on (waiting for autographs) were disappointed as usual by the never signing in person Julie unless you are buying her books.

But the luscious Michael was friendly and gracious to the crowd, and signed for everyone who was waiting. Julie had people blocking her from the crowd so she could get in a car and leave. She waved.

I think Flashdance is a light, fun movie. Who cares if it wasn't Jennifer dancing? They didn't promote it as "the great dancer Jennifer." Fun and good music.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2015 6:31 PM

Are you sure "Imagination" wasn't a single? I remember a movie video (of clips from the movie) was in rotation on our local daily music video program.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2015 6:44 PM

I've always thought that Donna Summer should've sung the theme song instead of Irene Cara.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2015 6:49 PM

Could a movie like Flashdance be popular today ? Now we only get comic book superheroes,

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2015 6:50 PM

[quote]What I found most unbelievable was that she'd earned her welding ticket at the age of eighteen and had found a union position given the economy at that time.

Seriously? You saw the movie and these were the thoughts you had?

I'll bet you're a lot of fun at social gatherings, too.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2015 6:56 PM

It was a fun, sexy, visually interesting movie and culturally influential in terms of fashion and the songs and videos being played to death. Jennifer Beals was gorgeous and unique looking. This was back when Thriller was also out and dominating the world. Fun times!

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2015 7:10 PM

Imagination was a fucking kick ass song. Was Laura already popular or was she an unknown when the soundtrack was released?

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2015 7:19 PM

Laura Branigan's monster hit "Gloria" was a year before Flashdance, so she was very well-known when the movie came out.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2015 7:20 PM

So what's the best song in the movie?

Theme Song, Maniac, Lady Lady Lady, Gloria?

Yes, Donna Summer would've killed it on What a Feeling! It would've had so much more passion.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2015 7:22 PM

He's a Dream or Imagination are the best.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2015 7:26 PM

No R15, Imagination was never released as a single, at least in the U.S. From my research, it seems that Flashdance (What A Feeling) and Maniac were the only two singles released, which comports with what I remember. Lady, Lady, Lady may have been released, but it was never a hit in the U.S.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Laura Branigan was either told or led to believe Imagination would be released as a single and was very disappointed that it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2015 7:27 PM

Casting trivia, according to IMDb:

[quote]The role of Alex Owens was originally offered to Melanie Griffith, who turned it down. Executives at Paramount Pictures wanted an unknown for the part. A nationwide search for a young actress was narrowed down to three finalists: Leslie Wing, Demi Moore, and Jennifer Beals. Reportedly, a Paramount executive took pictures of the three actresses to a group of construction workers on the studio lot, asking them "Which of these women do you most want to fuck?" and being given the answer "Jennifer Beals".

[quote]Before Kyra Sedgwick auditioned for a role here, she was instructed by her agent to wear a leotard, heels and no tights. She wore, instead, a miniskirt and heels and auditioned for director Adrian Lyne whom she berated when he took a call during her audition.

[quote]Janice Dickinson was offered but turned down the role of Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2015 7:38 PM

It's nice that you bitches still remember and adore me. And here's a little tip for you: if you have a huge headache that just won't go away go and see a fucking doctor!

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2015 7:41 PM

Flashdance was definitely a cultural "moment."

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2015 7:47 PM

Beals didn't do her own dancing, but did she at least do that iconic bucket/chair thing? I'll be very disillusioned if you say otherwise. That would be like saying a double stood in for Marilyn's subway grate scene.

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2015 8:04 PM

I don't believe Janice Dick-in-son was offered the role of Alex. IMDB is not always reliable.

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2015 8:10 PM

As others have said, the look of Flashdance was what made it popular. That apartment/warehouse she lived in was so cool. Plus the music. It was an era when music was very important to movies (Fame, Saturday Night Fever, TGIF, etc)

And yes, Gloria had already been a huge radio hit. But Branigan had other hits too. I remember "Self Control" being played a lot on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2015 8:32 PM

Self control came a year after flashdamce

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2015 8:54 PM

When was the last time a song from a movie became a big pop hit? That was so common for decades but I can't remember the last time that happened. It's been YEARS, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2015 8:57 PM

Flashdance was one of the first features to capitalize on what was breaking visually/stylistically on MTV and in music videos

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2015 9:01 PM

that being said, of course, the movie made no sense

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2015 9:02 PM

janice Dickenson was also up for the lead in Angie. Also, the mother role in Eight is Enough.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2015 9:13 PM

The best song was "Romeo".

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2015 9:22 PM

Second that. The best song WAS "Romeo." That was actually a track produced for a Donna Summer album that was shelved.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2015 9:27 PM

Yes "Romeo" was a great song. I wonder if they didn't release it as a single because this was at exactly the same time as "She Works Hard For the Money" and the label didn't want two Donna Summer songs competing with each other.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2015 9:32 PM

Nouri was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2015 9:40 PM

David Geffen killed the album that "Romeo" was recorded for, then started the whole "Donna Summer said AIDS was God's punishment to gays" rumor. She was never able to live that down, all thanks to that cunt Geffen.

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2015 9:59 PM

In 1982, Maureen Marder, whose life the film loosely is based on, signed an agreement with Paramount releasing it from any claim regarding her life story. In return she received a check for $2.300,-. The movie later grossed over $ 150 million

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2015 10:11 PM

I love the song "Seduce Me Tonight" which I think is in the scene where the ice skating friend is nude dancing in the competing bar. I also love the song "Lady Lady Lady" and the love theme. have owned the soundtrack in every form...tape, CD, now on my iPod.

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2015 10:46 PM

Really liked Kim Carnes' I'll Be There Where the Heart Is.

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2015 11:07 PM

Jennifer Beals is very pretty, and she still looks great, but she was never a great actress.

The critics hated Flashdance but the public for some reason, loved it. Same thing with the movie Ghost.

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2015 11:31 PM

R43 I agree, that song was really beautiful. Flashdance had a great soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2015 11:44 PM

I agree that IMAGINATION is one of the best songs on the soundtrack besides WHAT A FEELING (which always makes me cry) and the Joe Esposito ballad LADY, LADY, LADY. Speaking of Joe (who was sexy as fuck back then and one of the members of the singing group Brooklyn Dreams, which also included Donna Summer's husband Bruce Sudano), he was supposed to sing WHAT A FEELING, and even recorded a demo of it, but the producers wanted the song sung by a female, so they got Irene Cara to sing it.

When I'm watching the movie at home, I like to turn off my living room light during the IMAGINATION scene because the strobe lights look so cool in the dark.

A bit of trivia: HE'S A DREAM was sung by Shandi, who also sang the theme song to "Charles in Charge".

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2015 1:43 AM

With all the rebooting today from uncreative types--the reboot of Ghostbusters will be a big mess if the cast is any indication--you had better hope they don't reboot Flashdance.

with Beyonce in Jennifer's role, Jaden Smith as the comic in the bar, Shirley Maclaine as the old broad who dies, Rihanna and (pick one) a Kardashian as Beonce's girlfriends. and Kanye and Taylor Swift coul do the music. YUCK!

Maybe they could have Jimmy Fallon in the Nouri role. NOW that is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2015 3:41 AM

So, if they did a re-make of Flashdance...what a Feeling, Beyonce should play Alex?

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2015 3:55 AM

What's with the Brits turning American '80s/'90s classics into stage musicals? In the past ten years they've done DIRTY DANCING, FLASHDANCE, and GHOST. Only GHOST made it to Broadway, but it closed after 5 months.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2015 4:01 AM

R48 Oh God, no. Not closet racist Whoreyoncé!

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2015 4:02 AM

Somebody called this movie "a 90 minute music video." And that's just what it what.

"Alex" lives in what looks like a vast warehouse and she flies through the air like an elite gymnast and can do any type of dance move seemingly without any effort at all. And all those shots of her sweat-dripping face (ooh, so sexy!) and her ass twirling around (OOOH, even sexier!) are hilarious.

"Flashdance" was truly a movie of its time. Trivial, stupid, worthless...pure eighties product.

by Anonymousreply 51February 15, 2015 4:07 AM

R48 NO

The post was a joke which listed totally talentless people in a cast.

'Course some people would enjoy these people in a film.

by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2015 4:18 AM

it is a stupid film. I remember our art teacher in high school going off on it, saying that the film is capitalist trash. I think she thought she would deter us from seeing the film, but most of the class had seen it by the time we talked about it in class.

Agree, R44, Beals is a beautiful woman and is aging better than any of her contemporaries, but she's not much of an actress. Though, that never stopped the studios to build someone into a star. I don't know why she never really happened.

by Anonymousreply 53February 15, 2015 4:30 AM

Went to a wedding in Pittsburgh (where the movie takes place), at the same time the film came out. The minute we hit town, we kept asking locals, "where's the Flashdance bar"?

Coming from Boston, we spent the next decade directing tourists to the "Cheers" bar.

by Anonymousreply 54February 15, 2015 4:34 AM

R54 CHEERS was modeled after the Bull & Finch Pub, which was a basement bar on Beacon Hill and featured the iconic downstair steps. IT was used for the facade of the show, i.e. establishing shots though, of course, they dressed up the place to say "Cheers" instead. Only later, in 2002, was the place officially renamed Cheers.

The inside, however, looks nothing like the show. That's why they eventually built a replica of the TV bar in Faneuil Hall.

So there are two Cheers bar in Boston. You have just to specify Cheers Beacon Hill (formerly Bull & Finch) or Cheers Faneuil Hall (replica).

by Anonymousreply 55February 15, 2015 4:46 AM

[quote]I don't know why she never really happened.

Superstardom was never Jennifer Beals's goal. She turned down tons of work post-Flashdance to further her education at Yale. She once famously said, "I've never been drawn to something by virtue of how rich or famous it will make me. I turned down so much money, and my agents were just losing their minds."

by Anonymousreply 56February 15, 2015 4:53 AM

Jennifer was rocking that hot BIRACIAL look before it was a Thing. Tout avant la lettre!

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2015 4:57 AM

I remember this movie opened in April 1983 and I finally gave in and went and saw it on a weeknight in September and it was still packed. I think the same audience went to see it over and over.

I preferred 9 1/2 Weeks.

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2015 5:06 AM

R58 9 1/2 WEEKS was a 1986 release.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2015 5:18 AM

[quote]Superstardom was never Jennifer Beals's goal.

It doesn't have to be superstardom. There are other ways to be successful in the acting field. I am sure she wouldn't mind the careers of Julianne Moore or Annette Bening, the same way I am sure she never wanted to be a Jolie type of star.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2015 5:25 AM

Jennifer Beals did do a movie after "Flashdance" called "The Bride" with Sting. It was a dud.

by Anonymousreply 61February 15, 2015 10:20 AM

Actually "What a Feeling" was originally written for Donna Summer who turned it down. This aside, glad to see "Imagination" getting some love here. It's a stunning song, miles above the rest of the soundtrack, and Branigan kills it. When you hear it you can't help wondering what might have been if Moroder had taken her under his wing. She was one of the best singers of the 80s, with a powerhouse of a voice and a range to rival Donna's, but with very few exception was saddled with terrible material.

As for Jennifer Beals, she never tried to take the credit for the dancing and even was the first to give Marine her due at the time when the studio was still trying to pass her off as some kind of triple treat. Between that and The Bride (the most ridiculous remake at a time where remakes were at least trying) her career momentum stopped almost as soon as it had started and didn't recover some semblance of track until The L Word.

Beals never was the greatest actress nor the worse, but lacked the presence required for the big screen. (She's literally colorless in Devil in A Blue Dress which, given the subject matter, is rather ironic). However she was quite pleasant to look at, which was perfect for Flashdance, a movie all about style over substance. And she sure could make a perm and shoulderless sweater look like the ultimate in style.

by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2015 12:39 PM

[quote]It doesn't have to be superstardom. There are other ways to be successful in the acting field. I am sure she wouldn't mind the careers of Julianne Moore or Annette Bening, the same way I am sure she never wanted to be a Jolie type of star.

The way you phrased your last post made it seem as though "she never happened" meant that she never became a "star".

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2015 9:22 PM

[quote]Jennifer Beals did do a movie after "Flashdance" called "The Bride" with Sting. It was a dud.

That was after she'd finished her studies. She did quite a bit of film work back then, but nothing to match the success of Flashdance.

[quote]Actually "What a Feeling" was originally written for Donna Summer who turned it down.

Nope. It was co-written by Cara and originally sung by Joe Esposito (LADY LADY LADY), but the film's producers felt it should be sung from a female perspective so got Cara to sing it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2015 9:25 PM

R59, 9 1/2 Weeks was Adrian Lyne's follow-up to Flashdance which is the relevant point.

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2015 9:37 PM

I think if they made Flashdance today, Jennifer Beals would drive a classic car (like a restored Camaro) instead of a bicycle. Her furnishings would not be granny thrift store chic like they were in the movie. Her loft would be more refined. I thought the movie was laughable but I liked how they did some of the details right.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2015 9:52 PM

I watched this again and the main thing that stuck out to me was that Jennifer Beals is completely covered up through the whole movie. You never see her whole body. Was her body that different from the dancers? Was she anorexic?

They have her in heavy coats and sweaters. At one point she is wearing a Halloween costume that is quilted.

So strange that she was picked for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 67August 2, 2015 6:12 PM

well, Natalie Portman got an Oscar for her "dancing" .

by Anonymousreply 68August 2, 2015 6:56 PM

People were so stunned that there was a biracial lead in a movie that they rather racistly assumed she did her own dancing, until it was publicized that a white french dancer did most of it.

by Anonymousreply 69August 2, 2015 7:06 PM

"Flashdance" is a ridiculous and terrible movie. I think of it as an extended-play MTV video.

by Anonymousreply 70August 2, 2015 8:02 PM

Larry King (who else) asked Beals only a few years back how often she danced. Beals said dancing was never something she did much of. King said it was such a shame, obviously believing she did the dancing in the movie and Jennifer didn't correct him.

by Anonymousreply 71August 2, 2015 8:21 PM

One of the funniest things about the movie is that Alex wants to be a BALLET dancer. Yeah, dancing in strip clubs and doing break dancing is a great way to prepare oneself for a career as a prima ballerina.

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2015 2:03 AM

I remember J-Lo paid "tribute" to the movie in her "I'm Glad" video.

"Imagination" and "Romeo" both should have been singles. Donna Summer was performing "Romeo" in her concert sets during this time.

Interestingly, "Imagination" sounds like a Moroder-produced track but Phil Ramone actually produced it.

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2015 2:21 AM

"Flashdance" didn't have nearly enough Cynthia Rhodes in my opinion.

It was ALL about Tina Tech!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2015 2:37 AM

[quote]well, Natalie Portman got an Oscar for her "dancing" .

I was nominated for an Oscar for my "dancing" you know that "two steps and then cut away" style that Rob Marshall created. Nicki Kidman won for wearing a funny nose.

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2015 2:46 AM

The real life version of the end would have been: "Thank you very much. Did you really think you could audition for a ballet school without wearing toe shoes?" She would not have lasted a week at ballet school. Watch Center Stage and you'll see what I mean.

Having said that, it is a movie movie, and I do love both Flashdance and Center Stage.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2015 3:02 AM

R76 There was a similarly-themed 2001 movie called Save the Last Dance. White girl's mom dies and she moves in with jazz musician father who lives in a poor, black neighborhood. Falls in love with cute black guy, has trouble with the local girls, learns hip hop moves, mixes them with ballet, impresses Juilliard.

Her acting was okay, Julia Stiles is the ultimate whitey white girl, but her dancing was extremely clunky and wooden even with editing. No way she would have passed that audition.

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2015 8:47 PM

I just watched this again. I was too young when it came out to appreciate what a cultural phenomenon it was. A few things struck me... Michael Nouri's character was like 40 dating an 18 year old employee and nobody batted an eyelash. I wish they would have explained Alex's relationship with the older lady. I know she was her mentor, but a little more detail would've been nice. Not a deep film, but entertaining.

My favorite songs were Lady, Lady, Lady, I'll be Where the Heat is and Gloria.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2020 5:24 AM

They did not get away with it. The dancer spread the word on every morning show in America.

by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2020 5:52 AM

The dance scenes were the best part. This is still genius choreography and filming of it.

by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2020 6:03 AM

Forgot the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2020 6:03 AM

R81 I fucking love that song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2020 11:12 AM

[quote] This aside, glad to see "Imagination" getting some love here. It's a stunning song, miles above the rest of the soundtrack, and Branigan kills it. When you hear it you can't help wondering what might have been if Moroder had taken her under his wing. She was one of the best singers of the 80s, with a powerhouse of a voice and a range to rival Donna's, but with very few exception was saddled with terrible material.

Branigan was great and I love "Imagination" to this day. Inexplicably, it was not released as a single and that is a shame, it would that been a big chart hit. I don't think Branigan had anywhere near the power or range of Donna Summer. I do recall that all of her early songs, "Gloria" especially, were made to sound like Donna Summer in the hope that she would be mistaken for Donna by radio listeners. That made me resentful of her until she finally won me over by the time of "Self Control" and that crazy video. She was uniquely talented.

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2020 12:51 PM

Flashdance and Laura Branigan were so popular in 1983 that my big city radio station played “Imagination” all the time, even though it wasn’t a single. I remember one the DJs saying people kept calling in to request it. They also played Laura’s non-single “Deep in the Dark,” her version of “Der Kommosar”. I loved Laura, but I couldn’t get into that track.

by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2020 12:57 PM

So fucking brilliant and does not look all that dated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2020 12:59 PM

[quote]I don't think Branigan had anywhere near the power or range of Donna Summer.

Then you've not heard her albums, she has more power and range than Donna.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2020 2:18 PM

I used to hum "Manhunt" to myself when going out to the bars and clubs to cruise and drink and fuck.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2020 2:32 PM

I went to see it the third time on prom night, meanwhile at the dance someone called in a bomb threat and they had to evacuate into the rainy night. All those 80s prom dresses melted in the rain like the cake in MacArthur Park.

Years later I lived in Pittsburgh, all the locals liked to talk about how wrong all the shots of her riding her bicycle all over the city were as the neighborhoods and bridges she would be taking never would have ended her up in the places she went to.

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2020 3:52 PM

This is the only dance scene in the movie that might have fooled me for a little bit. jennfer was simply gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2020 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!