Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Taylor on General Hospital

Was it a big deal at the time when she appeared? I know the wedding of Luke and Laura was huge, but was it a big coup to get legendary Taylor to appear?

by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2020 1:08 PM

Yes, OP. It was a HUGE deal. GH was becoming a mainstream phenomenon with its dip into an unprecendented sci-fi plot, and the casting of Taylor was icing on the cake. Washed up Hollywood actors found their way to soaps before (Macdonald Carey headed the cast of DOOL since its premiere, Joan Bennett starred on DARK SHADOWS, Joan Crawford filled in for her daughter on THE SECRET STORM), but Taylor was not the washed up variety. She was still a Hollywood Royalty. It made the cover of PEOPLE. The ratings for Luke and Laura's wedding still holds the record for the highest ratings for a daytime show, helped in part by Taylor's appearences during that week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2014 3:02 PM

Do any straight people or gay people under the age of 50 know who Elizabeth Taylor was?

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2014 3:05 PM

There is a reel of bloopers on YT of Taylor's appearences on GH. Very funny. One wonders if she was higher than a kite during the shoots.

Like most movie actors, she no doubt felt lost in the fast-paced daytime shooting schedule. I love at the end how she says to the crew "What am I doing here? I am a STAGE actress now!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2014 3:07 PM

It was a huge. IIRC it coincided with the launch of her White Diamonds perfume.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2014 3:08 PM

Looking back in hindsight, I cannot believe a woman would marry her rapist.

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2014 3:08 PM

She was also "involved" with Tony Geary at the time.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2014 3:19 PM

She was washed up at the time. Much like Michael Jackson, living on her laurels. She wouldn't have lowered herself to be on Bitch Lucy's show in the 70s, if she wasn't washed up then, much less on a mere soap.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2014 3:57 PM

R7 on this thread is the Jew-hater in R103 on this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2014 4:01 PM

It was a huge deal.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2014 4:28 PM

"She was washed up at the time."

Washed up? Hardly.

She was coming off a successful Broadway run in The Little Foxes, for which she was Tony nominated.

She had just starred in an HBO movie with Carol Burnett, with others in her future.

She would soon lose a great deal of weight and write about it in a best selling book.

And of course, there would be Larry Fortensky and her highly successful perfume line.

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2014 4:28 PM

I was just a kid at the time, but Liz was not washed-up or a has-been at all. She was always in the media for one thing or another, and you couldn't look at a magazine rack without some mention of her on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2014 4:37 PM

True, R11. Although usually making fun of her. All publicity is good publicity right?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Well I was in high school and knew who she was, that she was a huge star and that it was a big deal that she was playing Helena Cassadine on GH for the wedding episodes.

I had been watching GH since sometime in 1980, I think. It was the afterschool special everyday for me, my sister and some friends.

I never found Tony Geary all that hot, truthfully. It was all about Scorpio and Noah Drake for me back then.

But Miss Taylor looked lovely and her curse on L&L still plays out.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Taylor was washed up as far as films were concerned. And "The Little Foxes" was her only Broadway hit. People are confusing media attention with roles in significant films or even prestige TV movies.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2014 5:43 PM

She did two flop musicals in a row, and she was on the heavy side during her marriage to John Warner, so her star wasn't at its brightest.

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2014 5:46 PM

I remember a few months later Carol Burnett did the same thing on some other soap.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2014 7:26 PM

Bullshit R14. "Private Lives" was a hit, though not necessarily for the critics. As for General Hospital, she did that for fun and camp because she was always in a hospital. I loved her scenes on the soap opera. She was wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2014 7:56 PM

She was the reason my dad started to watch GH, actually tapes of GH when he was off from work, and got hooked on the show and watched until he died in 2004 and why I got hooked and still watch. I started because I loved doing stuff with my dad and stay partially because I'm hooked and partially because it was something I did with my dad.

"My curse on you Luke and Laura, my curse on you."

Taylor's eyes really lit up when she spoke that line. She was really getting into it.

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2014 8:25 PM

r8

Miss Landers the Beaver was looking outside the window instead of the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.

I bet you never figured out why the other kids beat the shit out of you in school.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2014 8:39 PM

[quote]I remember a few months later Carol Burnett did the same thing on some other soap.

Carol was Verla Grubbs, daughter of Langley Wallingford on AMC

While Taylor wasn't in her prime, she was certainly still a headliner. I think I was 12 at the time, but I knew she was a big star.

I'm trying to think of a comparable scenario today. Maybe Michelle Pfieffer? Or Holly Hunter?

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2014 8:51 PM

How about Julianne Moore on As the World Turns just before it ended a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2014 9:24 PM

[quote]And of course, there would be Larry Fortensky and her highly successful perfume line.

That happened a decade after her GH stint.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2014 9:31 PM

She watched GH for a couple years when she was so isolated living at John Warner's ranch in Middleburg. Which was really the Mellon's ranch. They just let him have it when he divorced their daughter.

I agree that Tristan was the hot one. I drooled over him. But there was something about Tony that was very compelling. And Genie adored him back then - and it showed - and made it work.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2014 9:31 PM

[quote] She was also "involved" with Tony Geary at the time.

Bearding for the press to stir intrigue and interest, since Lady Geary has always preferred the company of gentleman and was dating (or had recently dated) Ron Glass from "Barney Miller" around that time.

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2014 9:32 PM

R21 James Franco also guested on GH intermittently from 2009-2012. By then he was already a A-lister, and in that 3 year windowframe, he also got an Oscar nomination, hosted the Oscars, and starred in the blockbuster RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES.

by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2014 9:36 PM

On a tv show last year, Tony Geary said he actually lived with her for a couple years. Then she had to go to rehab...and it ended.

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2014 9:45 PM

If Tony Geary said he "lived" with Elizabeth Taylor for "a couple of years" then he must have been joking or trying to be outrageous, because that NEVER happened. It never happened.

I remember the tabloids back then proclaiming that the two of them were involved in a hot love affair. Yeah, just like the hot love affair Liz had with Malcolm Forbes. I remember one article that said that Liz used poor Tony and them threw aside: "she chewed him up and spit him out." Yes, that's an actual quote. Of course the notion of Anthony Geary having an affair with ANY women is hilarious, but it made for some good publicity for Liz's appearance on GH.

There are YouTube videos of Liz flubbing her lines over and over (she had a lot of trouble saying the word "Cassadine"). It seems like she's drunk or drugged; at any rate, she's enjoying the situation, giggling to beat the band. But Tristan Rogers, who was doing the scene with her, looks like he'd like to wring her neck.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2014 10:38 PM

I was in high school at the time and it was a massively huge pop culture phenomenon. Taylor was a legendary superstar and not only that, she was really really wonderful in the role of the evil Helene Cassidine. It was great fun.

by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2014 10:42 PM

By that time, Elizabeth Taylor was washed up like a beached whale.

by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2014 11:10 PM

Lis was most definitely washed up as a top of the line Hollywood leading lady movie star by the time she did GH

She was already a legend of course, but by then she had no further relevance as a major movie star at the time

She was still incredibly famous due to "nostalgia" and her colorful personal life

And just because Liza was in the tabloids a lot in the early 80s doesn't mean that she wasn't washed up

Tori Spelling and Mariah Carey are always in the tabs and they're as washed up as can be

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2014 11:49 PM

I went to Snooty-Snoot U where, even if you watched soaps, you would never admit it.

Then came the Freshman class in the fall of 1981 excitedly going on and on about Luke and Laura! Luke and Laura!

We seniors sensed the end was nigh, and we weren't wrong...

by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2014 11:59 PM

Liz also made a cameo on All My Children a few years after this, playing a cleaning lady:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2014 12:01 AM

R31 what's Snooty-Snoot U?

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2014 12:10 AM

r7 has no idea what she is talking about, as well as the others who are saying Liz was "washed up" at the time. She wasn't doing top movie roles anymore, but she held a legendary status in the industry with the media and the mainstream. Before the internet would lift the veil of Hollywood glamour, these people held sway as gods and goddesses. And the Golden Era of Hollywood Glamour was still very much a part of people's consciousness: Greta Garbo was still alive and being hunted by paparazzi, Dietrich was a recluse in Paris, Sophia Loren was Hollywood aristocracy, Katharine Hepburn and Bette Davis were still going strong as give-them-hell survivors. A-Listers at the time bowed to these legends and respect was given to them. Those days are over. We've forgotten. We live in a world where every single guest on The View gets a standing ovation no matter who or what they are - this same public demonstration is given to Julia Louis Dreyfus as it is US President. The ovation means nothing anymore.

No one will ever be able to attain the heights of Olympian god-status like the Hollywood legends who knew fame in the 50s and 60s. We are much too cynical and want to tear the veil away because we have the power to do that. We have much more access to the inner domain than ever before. In the early 80s, the public was not as hungry to humanize their obsessions. They wanted their gods and goddesses. And Liz was held up as royalty no matter how low her life got. She was the epitome of Movie Star.

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2014 4:35 AM

Still not the same thing, r21.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2014 5:09 AM

clip-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2014 10:24 AM

Tony used to use a heard from GH - was it the make up lady P.K. Cole maybe? Also when he was young, Anette O'Toole bearded for him.

How much cocaine used to flow at the GH studio? Jackie Zeman always seemed to be high on something.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2014 11:26 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2014 11:34 AM

[quote] Those days are over. We've forgotten. We live in a world where every single guest on The View gets a standing ovation no matter who or what they are - this same public demonstration is given to Julia Louis Dreyfus as it is US President. The ovation means nothing anymore.

MARY!

(but she's right.)

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2014 12:31 PM

R37

Some of the 80s actors have said cocaine was always out in the open on set.

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Much of Genie Francis' ambivalence towards GH stemmed from the coke she was supplied and got addicted to keep her going during the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2014 7:24 PM

Coke was everywhere on the daytime soaps in the 80s. Guiding Light supposedly had eight contract players in rehab at once in the late 80s, and ATWT had a few serious druggies too.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2014 7:54 PM

The only thing I think of where it comes to GH back in the 80s is that was when Kin Shriner was at his hottest -- truly THE finest piece of ass in daytime television.

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2014 8:00 PM

Wasn't Taylor offered the Alexis role on the prime soap Dynasty right around the time she did her guest stints on GH?

Joan Collins really lucked out with that role

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2014 8:05 PM

R32 i didn't know Carol BUrnett was in AS THE WORLD TURNS. Talk about fall from grace, going from your self*titled classic, hit TV show to slumming in soaps in five-years time.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2014 8:08 PM

It wasn't As The World Turns, R45, it was All My Children, and Carol was still quite popular at that point.

In the 80s, soaps were way cooler and more popular, and both Taylor and Burnett appeared on AMC because they were big fans. Burnett's AMC fandom is no secret -- she did something recently with Andy Cohen on AMC.

Oprah is a big AMC fan too. (Yes, literally and figuratively. LOL)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2014 8:11 PM

I don't think you're ever washed up if you've still got money. If you can live and travel in reasonable style, you may not be working, but you're not washed up.

by Anonymousreply 47December 14, 2014 8:18 PM

True to an extent

I mean when Madonna toured and released her last album 3 years ago, there were people on the DL calling her washed up

Yet that year she set a new record by earning $125 million

MORE THAN ANY OTHER CELEBRITY, including Oprah, to add to her already enormous wealth

by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2014 8:24 PM

R48 It depends on how you measure relevance.

She's certainly making money, but creatively that well is running a little dry. No one wants to see a woman who's nearly 60 hang her tits out for attention.

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2014 8:27 PM

R48 not to mention that MDNA was the highest grossing tour of 2012 (Gaga's Born This Way Tour was #5 that same year ), and it's also the 2nd highest grossing tour among female artists. Thus, Madonna broke the record for occupying the top two highest-grossing female tours of all time.

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2014 8:31 PM

R49 she's 56, not 60.

by Anonymousreply 51December 14, 2014 8:31 PM

R40 that's why the Interview magazine cover that Madonna did is sold out everywhere and is going for really high prices on Ebay

And her showing her boobs in that ONE photo made the front page of a lot of the daily tabloids and sparked a debate on whether a not a woman her age should show her beasts on all the talk shows and even in my nieces Woman's Studies class in college

Talk about relevance

Enough with BLATANT AGEISM

Can we get back to Liza now

Was she really offered a mega bucks deals as a regular on Dynasty?

And did she turn it down in order to do a guest stint on a DAY TIME soap?

by Anonymousreply 52December 14, 2014 8:40 PM

[quote]How much cocaine used to flow at the GH studio? Jackie Zeman always seemed to be high on something.

They kept a dealer on the payroll as an "Associate Producer" and would have the coke out on the craft services table.

by Anonymousreply 53December 14, 2014 8:40 PM

I love R49 and R50 thanks for speaking the truth

by Anonymousreply 54December 14, 2014 8:41 PM

I remember watching. I knew who Liz was but had never seen any of her movies, I had heard about 'Liz and Dick' and knew she played Cleopatra.

I can also remember soap stars appearing in a lot of TV movies in the 80s. I remember sneaking down to the family room and watching a 'Movie of the Week' where the soap stars were playing fictional soap stars who were being killed one by one. Can't remember the name of it but as a kid I thought it was great - mix of Law and Order and Scream. I was easily entertained!

by Anonymousreply 55December 14, 2014 8:50 PM

R50 I forgot to mention that Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008-2009) is the highest-grossing tour by a female artist and the fifth highest-grossing tour of all time.

Madonna is the only female artist in the top ten highest grossing tours of all time. In the top twenty she also has MDNA (#12) and is joined by Celine Dion's Taking Chances World Tour (#14) and Cher's Living Proof: The Farewell Tour (#19).

by Anonymousreply 56December 14, 2014 8:52 PM

The 80s really was the "golden age" of the soap genre

Ratings were HUGE and budgets would escalate as well

Beautiful wardrobes; famous guest stars, exotic location shooting

Even nighttime TV adapted the soap opera format to great success with Dallas, Dynadty, Knots Landing and Falcon Crest

by Anonymousreply 57December 14, 2014 8:56 PM

It was all about Lucci and Andrea Evans in the 80s. Big, big excess. In a way, Liz set the tone for the decade to come with her GH guest stint.

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2014 8:59 PM

R58 and Dynasty also had that excess thing going as well

Hell I think Dynasty invented it!

by Anonymousreply 59December 14, 2014 9:01 PM

R57 I was born in 1980, but I remember the Daytime Emmy Awards being a huge deal in the '90s. They had star-studded red carpets and held in a huge auditoriums. Very much like the Primetime Emmys or any prestigious award. When Lucci finally won in 1999, it made headlines and magazine covers everywhere and she got a standing ovation even from TV giants in the audience (Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah).

Nowadays, the Daytime Emmys are treated like the illegitimate child. It has been on decline for ten years now, but this year they didn't even have a network broadcast. They were relegated to online and the set looked like a high school auditoriums. Big names (and winners) like Ellen DeGeneres and Katie Couric didn't bother attending and when they won it was very awkward.

by Anonymousreply 60December 14, 2014 9:01 PM

Yes Dynasty informed the approach but remember, Gloria Monty's GH pre-dated Dynasty with its focus on camp and excess. Dynasty was actually a pretty serious show in its first two seasons believe it or not. If anything, Dynasty became MORE Daytime as the decade wore on.

by Anonymousreply 61December 14, 2014 9:05 PM

I'd go as far to say that Andrea Evans eclipsed Susan Lucci for a time. She just represented an era of soaps when there was a lot of money around.

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2014 9:05 PM

I think Taylor was thought about (or dreamed about or just bandied about for PR.) I also heard Sophia Loren. I always got the impression if a real star had taken the role it was a part season arc... come and gone. If you think about it, the character 'runs away' after Fallon has the accident that brings on her baby prematurely. I wonder if that was the planned end of the original vision for the character.

by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2014 9:17 PM

Gina Lollobrigida was on a soap in the 80s too. Falcon Crest I think. She was so beautiful and aged very well.

I'd love if Julia Roberts/Kate Winslet / Sandra Bullock did something similar today.

by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2014 9:34 PM

Joan Fontaine was on Ryan's Hope.

by Anonymousreply 65December 15, 2014 10:41 PM

Ha! Of course she was, R65.

by Anonymousreply 66December 16, 2014 5:53 PM

r63, Sophia Loren was offered the role of Alexis when it was projected to be a short-term guest role. She turned it down and producers bandied about many other names. Rumours are Elizabeth Taylor was one of the names, but I don't think she was ever offered the role officially. Auditions were held and Jessica Walter was the top contender for the role when Candy Spelling suggested to her husband Joan Collins, who had just guest starred on either The Love Boat or Fantasy Island. Loren, however, was their first choice, and her name became a part of the Alexis legend when Collins thanked Loren for turning the role down during her acceptance speech at The People's Choice Award.

r64, incidentally, Lollabrigida accepted the role of Francesca Gioberti after - you guessed it - Sophia Loren turned it down. However, unlike DYNASTY, Loren was all but ready to join the cast of FALCON CREST in a role that was to rival that of - ironically - Alexis Carrington. In fact, in a PEOPLE interview during the summer of that year stated in a Loren piece that she was joining the show. It was all set to happen. She was promised an expensive budget for a glamourous wardrobe and a meaty storyline to do battle with Queen Bee Angela Channing. But at the very last minute, negotiations fell through and Loren backed out. Her cinematic rival Gina Lollabrigida was offered the role instead, and what was going to be a longer story arc was rewritten, as was the character of Francesca Gioberti, who was more earthy and genuine at heart than the original conception of the character.

Falcon Crest scored a coup with snagging Kim Novak for a season-long arc that took the show to a whole new height of campiness. That was a blast to watch. It even had Robert Stack running around as a mob boss.

Falcon Crest succeeded in grabbing alot of big names over its years: Lana Turner, Leslie Caron, Ursula Andress, Eddie Albert, Eve Arden, even Buck Henry of all people! After the success of Lana Turner's guest spots, CBS saw the appeal of Hollywood vets had on viewers, so they never stopped trying to grab for the gold. They offered Richard Burton a couple of million bucks to appear in a five-minute scene, but he turned them down. Lauren Bacall and Mia Farrow were tapped to play a mother-daughter role one year, but they turned it down. Raquel Welch was asked to join the show, and she offered her daughter Tahnee instead!

DALLAS never succeeded in getting a big Hollywood guest star. They did offer Bette Davis a role that would have been Pam's rich Aunt (her mother's sister) but Davis turned it down. They did get Alexis Smith, who guest starred during a period in the nighttime dramas when it was a trend to grab big names for guest spots. Incidentlly, when Barbara Bel Geddes left the show the first time, Larry hagman wanted his mother Mary Martin to take the role; CBS asked Dorothy Malone to take over. They ended up with Donna Reed, which was a dismal failure.

KNOTS LANDING ended up grabbing one of the best Glamour Queen guest spots when Ava Gardner did a series of episodes as a wonderfully crafted character. I wasn't a KNOTS fan, but Gardner did do what I feel was a wonderful job because it didn't smack of stunt casting (which it was). Her character actually propelled an already existing storyline that had been running for years.

It really was great fun to watch all these shows trying to exploit audience nostalgia to grab ratings. You never knew who was going to show up next.

by Anonymousreply 67December 17, 2014 3:21 AM

R67 gets a Thank You and a big

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 68December 17, 2014 9:03 PM

Ava Gardner was offered a full-time role on Knots Landing but she turned it down because she was getting older, her health was starting to fail (all the years of boozing and smoking) and she just didn't feel that she was up to the schedule of filming an hour-long series on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 69December 17, 2014 10:08 PM

Hello people can we get back to me

It's supposed to be MY THREAD!

by Anonymousreply 70December 17, 2014 10:17 PM

I wonder what her pussy looked like.

by Anonymousreply 71December 17, 2014 10:29 PM

I see we have the new I Wonder What Her Pussy Looked Like troll.

by Anonymousreply 72December 17, 2014 10:54 PM

[quote]I see we have the new I Wonder What Her Pussy Looked Like troll.

I hope it's a lesbian. I honestly do.

by Anonymousreply 73December 17, 2014 11:09 PM

Great German FC site talks about the almost-hiring of Sophia Loren (never knew that Loren was almost on DALLAS too?) ... rumours are Wyman was threatened by Loren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2014 3:56 PM

I read years ago that she wasn't very pleased with Lollobrigida, either.

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2014 4:03 PM

Wyman wasn't pleased by any threat to her Queen status. She successfully campaigned to get rid of Turner and Celeste Holm; Mel Ferrer and Simon MacCorkindale also claim she had them ousted as well.

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2014 4:18 PM

It's too bad Joan Crawford didn't live long enough to do one of the nighttime soaps in the 80s. She would have been a natural at it. I mean, can't you just see Joan on Falcon Crest?

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Joan could have played Alexis's American mother.

They tried to get Doris Day to play Krystle's mother. What was weird is that they did manage to get Day's contemporary and leading man Rock Hudson to play Linda Evan's new romance.

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2014 3:28 AM

[quote]They tried to get Doris Day to play Krystle's mother. What was weird is that they did manage to get Day's contemporary and leading man Rock Hudson to play Linda Evan's new romance.

haha, Doris got offered to be a fortysomething woman's mother, while Rock got to be her love interest.

I think there's your answer. Day was probably offended.

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2014 5:03 AM

IN case anyone cares, the wedding of Luke and Laura is often called the most-watched in television history, with Newhart's wedding the most-watched in primetime, but a third wedding had more viewers than these two COMBINED.

Which wedding was it? The most-watched (fictional) TV wedding of all time?

I won't spoil it just to see how quickly someone answers this.

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2014 5:34 AM

Gee R31, I applied to Snooty-Snoot U, but I didn't get in.

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2014 5:50 AM

[quote]Which wedding was it? The most-watched (fictional) TV wedding of all time?

Rhoda Morgenstern's.

by Anonymousreply 82December 20, 2014 5:51 AM

R77, I've thought for years of how great Joan C. would've been as Angela Channing. But, Joan being Joan, she would've made sure to have many younger beaux. Much like Stanwyck did on THE COLBYS, although "younger" was relative in the case of Joseph Campanella.

by Anonymousreply 83December 20, 2014 8:37 AM

R24 wow! Am I the only person shocked to learn Ron Glass was gay?

by Anonymousreply 84December 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Really, r84? The guy screamed gay everytime he opened his mouth. He was like a black hipper Paul Lynde.

by Anonymousreply 85December 20, 2014 4:35 PM

Does anyone from the industry (or just a rabid soap opera fan) know why they skipped around so much with the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Guest Performance? Accordingly to Wikipedia, they went from 1980 to 1987 to 2015-the present. Seems like it would've been an easy win for Dame Liz in '82 and Carol Burnett a couple of years later, not to mention James Franco several years ago. But alas, Joan Fontaine didn't win in 1980, so what do I know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2020 1:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!