Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis ever fuck?

Atom Egoyan made a movie where he implied they did. And if you see their movies, they're all about how the two men love each other so deeply. They even sing love duets.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2018 12:32 AM

I always wondered if Jerry had some pathological love for Dean that was unrequited. I don't think they fucked, no, but I think Jerry wanted to. I think he was in love with Dean but, due to the times they lived and Jerry's super fucked up personality and psychological make-up it all got perverted into show biz schtick, including their "father and retarded little boy" routine. Jerry craved Dean's acceptance and love and I think that is what fueled the act, plain and simple. But no one ever says this stuff about the partnership.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2014 2:26 AM

Yes, R2, yes they are.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2014 2:34 AM

muah a douche? Ive never been anywhere near a chicks pussy , so go fork urself.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2014 2:38 AM

"muah"???

You meant "moi," didn't you, r4? You had no idea whatsoever how it was spelled.

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2014 2:40 AM

OP-perhaps you should be asking George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley, both formerly of Wham. You can also ask Darryl Hall and John Oates.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2014 2:41 AM

No clue, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2014 2:42 AM

I don't think either wanted to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8September 12, 2014 2:43 AM

OMG, "muah?" How hilarious. What an illiterate dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 9September 12, 2014 2:45 AM

"liten" up? It's lighten up. Please stop posting here.

by Anonymousreply 11September 12, 2014 2:55 AM

r11 that was on purpose you dumbass, its spelt correctly in the first post....so so stewpid.

AND YES MY STUPID WAS MISSPELLED ON PURPOSE ALSO.

by Anonymousreply 12September 12, 2014 2:59 AM

I wonder if Lewis ever tried anything sneaky while Martin was hammered. Or if he's spent his bitter old age kicking himself for not giving it a shot when he had the chance.

Because yes, Lewis was in love, and still is. He said so, in a fairly recent interview I heard.

by Anonymousreply 13September 12, 2014 3:00 AM

r12 you're an idiot. There's no concealing it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2014 3:18 AM

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2014 3:23 AM

over and over

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2014 3:26 AM

Dean Martin was a sexy man. . In bios he's represented as a detached sort, the type one typically wanted to know better, to draw closer, but he wasn't available.

Even Frank Sinatra had a bit of a thing for Dean.

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2014 3:34 AM

Jerry was strictly hetero. But Dean was a sexy bitch and could have played occasionally on the men's team.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2014 3:37 AM

Jerry seems like the most bitter person on earth.

He's had a long and generally successful career, and seems to have done all the work he chose to do all along.

Vaudeville/Nightclubs

Movies

Directing

Broadway

The Telethons

What does he have to be so miserable about?

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2014 4:05 AM

R2/R4/R10 is that repugnant, illiterate homophobe cunt turd - the self-proclaimed gay version of thatthoughtfulcunt.

F&F it until it bleeds to death.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2014 6:29 AM

Lewis had it for Martin, but not necessarily in the traditional, full-on gay way. He saw Martin as everything he wasn't, and Martin, who was notoriously - infamously - detached, drove him nuts because Lewis was so needy. It was obsessive, and if Martin would have pulled it out Lewis would have gone for it just to have the connection.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2014 6:32 AM

I would have pegged it the other way around, R18. Dean seemed strictly hetero, while Jerry was whatever Jerry wanted to be at that moment.

There is just a completely bonkers bio of Dean called Dino: Living High in the Dirty Business of Dreams that is really interesting. I haven't finished but halfway through I am absolutely in love with this book.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2014 6:35 AM

Who is more annoying, R2 R4 R10 or R20.

I vote R20. I'm another of those trolls who often mixspells a word or two on purpose just for him.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2014 6:47 AM

That biopic with Jeremy Northam and Sean Hayes nailed their relationship perfectly for me. They were two hetero guys who finally got sick of each other, and being stuck in each other's company, just like Simon & Garfunkel .....

Lewis was needy and needed Martin's approval and friendship more than Dino needed him, making Lewis even more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2014 11:53 AM

r22: Scorcese bought the rights to it long ago and his "Dino" bio-pic remains unmade. Just as well, as who wants to see beach-ball-head diCaprio's version of Martin?

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2014 2:12 PM

If you really believe r4 misspelled "moi" on purpose, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2014 3:31 PM

Rupert Holmes ("Mystery of Drood," "Pina Colada Song") wrote the book "Where The Truth Lies," a mystery about a murdered chorus girl that centers on a thinly disguised Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. At the end of the book Dean fucks Jerry. Incredibly, the movie of the book starred Colin Firth as Dean and Kevin Bacon as Jerry. It could have been a hit, but Egoyan cast a talent-free bimbo in the crucial role of the reporter. All of this can't have pleased the real Jerry Lewis very much, and yet when they made his film "The Nutty Professor" into a Broadway musical (which Lewis directed), they hired Rupert Holmes to write the script. The musical is supposed to be quite good.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2014 3:35 PM

Did he really, R26? Oh man, a movie version of that book by Scorsese would be terrific. I doubt it'll ever get made -- Scorsese's plate is pretty full for a few years and the guy has to retire some time -- but I'd love to see it actually happen.

But no, not with Leo. I like Leo but he would be awful as Martin.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2014 3:39 PM

[quote]Shut the Hell up. Fuck, man, some of you queers are so fucking twisted smoking pot all day long.

Unlike you breeders, who spend your days thinking up new ways to start wars and commit genocide.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2014 3:57 PM

I'm not sure but EVERYONE knows that The 3 Stooges had a torrid Gay Menage A Trois that lasted for decades.

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2014 6:25 PM

Jerry Lewis was hot when he was young (early 1950's/1960's) I have a weird attraction to him then. Dean was cool and funny.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2014 6:33 PM

This question is fairly significant in the life of DL: we have officially exhausted the possibilities of any two people on earth who may have fucked.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2014 9:21 PM

Have we ever discussed Sandler and Young?

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2014 9:30 PM

No OP, they were both into LAAAAAADIES!

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2014 10:53 PM

Well, Jerry Lewis did write a book called "Dean and Me; A Love Story".

He makes no bones about it. He worshiped Dean Martin but at the same time, the press, producers and the audiences wanted more Lewis. Lewis' brand of comedy was something new, whereas Dean Martin, as talented as he was, was just a straight man and a crooner. This made Martin bitter and increasingly standoffish with Lewis. Lewis didn't understand why and was increasingly hurt by Martin's distance.

He does recount the closest they ever came to having sex. They were in a hotel room and Jerry was increasingly itchy. Dean Martin knelt before him while he took down his pants and examined him. It was crabs (which Jerry had never had before). Jerry recounts saying, while Dean was examining him, 'I always knew we'd come to this' and Dean replied 'The day that happens, the partnership is over!'

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2014 3:10 AM

No way with Dino.

Jerry Lewis loved Dean Martin like Jerry wanted to be him, not to be in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2014 12:57 PM

r37 keep in mind it was Lewis who wrote the book. Lewis, the delusional self-absorbed malcontent.

In his mind of course he believed he was the more popular of the two.

by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2014 1:07 PM

[quote]In his mind of course he believed he was the more popular of the two.

I think it's pretty clear that in the mid-1950s Jerry Lewis was new and exciting... and Dean Martin, while popular, was a run-of-the-mill entertainer. No delusions needed.

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2014 6:17 PM

r39, They made the cover of Look magazine, and the editors cropped Martin out of the picture. So it wasn't just Jerry being delusional.

by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2014 6:22 PM

Do you think Shields and Yarnell were fucking?

by Anonymousreply 42September 13, 2014 6:26 PM

Minnie Shields or Maxie Shields?

by Anonymousreply 43September 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Dean did get wasted quite often, ya never know.

by Anonymousreply 44September 13, 2014 6:36 PM

What about Laurel and Hardy? They HAVE to have been fucking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 13, 2014 6:42 PM

Hey, how 'bout the Three Stooges.

by Anonymousreply 46September 13, 2014 6:46 PM

Thanks, R22 and R26. I hope the movie gets made by Scorcese, the Master. R28, did they actually fuck in the book on which "Where the Truth Lies" is based? In the movie, it's attempted by the Martin character but halted by the Lewis character. Excellent film by Atom Egoyan. It received a Palme d'Or nomination and I think it would have been more widely known in the US if not for the NC-17 rating.

by Anonymousreply 47September 13, 2014 6:57 PM

R32 R46 wasn't Curly Howard gay? i don't know about Moe or Larry.

by Anonymousreply 48September 13, 2014 8:32 PM

Monty Clift was in love with Martin.

by Anonymousreply 49September 13, 2014 8:45 PM

Jerry Lewis was insanely popular in France, so his solo films gave him a greater fame than Dino, in that respect. No snark intended; as a kid I could never fathom why he was so big in France. He was goofy funny but not a comedy legend in my average little kid opinion.

by Anonymousreply 50September 13, 2014 9:06 PM

Jerry Lewis is on Jimmy Fallon 9/16

by Anonymousreply 51September 13, 2014 9:07 PM

Shirley MacLaine also had a big crush on Martin during her Rat Pack days, which led nowhere. In one of her books, she recalls showing up at his home like a lovesick puppy and he’s basically there surrounded by his wife and kids. He graciously meets with her in his study and she has to make up some story to get the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 52September 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Who wouldn't have wanted him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 13, 2014 11:22 PM

As handsome as Dean was it was actually young Jerry that got my boxers in a twist. Something about that hairy body got me all moist in places I didn't think were possible. He's an asshole & a blowhard but the boy was hot in his day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 13, 2014 11:37 PM

R54, glad someone agrees with me. He was quite sexy in his younger years.

by Anonymousreply 55September 13, 2014 11:47 PM

I admit I have a thing for Jewish guys, and not just one "type." Lewis is the one I look at in the older movies and even the TV show they had. His youth, energy and wildness seemed like he'd be fun (and grateful) in bed, while Martin seemed detached and sloppy.

Of course this has nothing to do with the bear-rug-chest auteur asshole Lewis rapidly became, him of the tiny cock and nasty mouth and cum rug swath he'd jerk off onto while staring at hookers fingering themselves.

But young he was rather a goofy package!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2014 12:05 AM

R56 , where did you get your dish about the hookers? I don't doubt it for one second but I'm just curious.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2014 12:09 AM

[quote]muah a douche? Ive never been anywhere near a chicks pussy , so go fork urself.

Kill it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2014 12:10 AM

R57, it's perhaps one of those Hollywood legends, but I've had people swear to its veracity. Even in later years in Las Vegas he apparently would pop his blue pills and make arrangements. Never touches/touched (one can't imagine it's still going on) the women - he stays true to SanDee in his fashion (which he didn't do in his marriage to Patti).

Another pic of the two partners with their shirts off here. Martin has one of those odd Jeff Chandler bodies. Lewis is trimmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2014 12:23 AM

On the beach together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2014 12:23 AM

Quite the dweebstein, and holding on to his son for dear life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2014 12:26 AM

Well, in summation, Lewis wanted to and Martin couldn't give a.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2014 10:26 PM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2014 11:31 PM

Why would we even want this to be true?

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2014 11:41 PM

Martin & Lewis reunite in 1976 for the first time in 20 years. Sinatra orchestrated it all. Touching video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2014 11:46 PM

The act broke up because Lewis made a pass and Martin turned it down in no uncertain terms. Jerry was devastated. Ever afterward, Dean referred to that as "the day the clown cried."

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2014 3:57 AM

Lewis had a period of about two years in the mid 60s where he was nice looking. It was the same time his son was more famous than him.

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Dean was absolutely smoking hot! He sired an as hot son who, tragically, died young flying his plane into a mountain. I don't think Dean was the same thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2017 6:18 PM

OP, why don't you ask Jerry Lewis yourself and see how he reacts?

by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2017 6:20 PM

I can't think of anyone less sexy than Jerry Lewis. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2017 6:33 PM

R70 well he has put on a pound or two recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2017 7:26 PM

No, that was Mary Martin and Jerry Lee Lewis

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2017 4:39 PM

Well, you can’t ask me, R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2018 9:39 PM

They're dead

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2018 12:57 PM

Sadly these two movie stars will be forgotten by future generations

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2018 4:33 PM

Why did the MDA telethon 86 Jerry in the last few years of his life?

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2018 4:44 PM

I think R1 is right, Lewis was in love with Martin and Martin didn't return his feelings.

I don't want to thing about whether Lewis's feelings were sexual or not, because I don't want to think about Jerry Lewis's sex life.

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2018 10:32 PM

Jerry was a horrible human being. Even when younger. He also was a bizarre freak sexually. It was only later in life ,when drugs and his obvious neurosis was clearly visible did his reputation of being a cruel sadist freak come to light. Jerry Lewis was not capable of having a loving relationship..straight or Gay. I know people who had to work with him. He was universally despised.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2018 12:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!