Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to your childhood bully?

Mine dropped out of HS, had many run-ins with the law, usually for drug offenses; got his GF fired from her job when she hired him as a janitor and he was caught stealing; ironically got beat up by my brother at the GFs parents house; and lived on the street for a few years.

Today he's a born again Christian and according to his FB page, he has forgiven everyone who wronged him. Seriously.

Sadly, he was a cute teenager and now he's a hot 41 year old man.

by Anonymousreply 239December 23, 2020 6:24 AM

No idea. His name is way too common to get results from google.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2014 10:41 PM

He hung himself. Or he hanged himself. Whatever, still sad. His whole life was f'd, like OP's bully's.

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2014 11:22 PM

Died from an heroin overdose.

by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2014 11:25 PM

It was a rich cunt who pretended to be liberal in high school, but was obviously very rightwing, hated gays, etc. etc. As an adult I realize now that she had some emotional issues, including a weird fetish for her own brother.

She's married to some Iranian slumlord in Chicago, a guy whose family was rumored to be very close with the Shah. They live in a multimillion dollar mansion in a gated community while people who live in this guy's apartments are all over the internet complaining about unsanitary conditions. He gets mentioned in the Chicago news every so often. I expect he'll end up on CNN one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2014 11:32 PM

I was bullied by a girl in 4th and 5th grade. I ws taught never tohit a girl but I really should have. She grew up to be a stripper and stabbed her boyfriend to death.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2014 11:34 PM

He plays running back for the Baltimore Ravens. Oh, wait ...

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2014 11:41 PM

Mom? She died last month.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2014 11:44 PM

He died from cancer five years ago.

When I was 13, I would have danced on a his grave. I would like to say that I genuinely feel sad for him, but I felt nothing when I heard the news and feel nothing now. I suppose neutral is better than negative, and the bitterness I harbored for so long has dissipated.

He was a real asshole as an adolescent. Maybe he got better as he got older.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2014 11:44 PM

There was a girl named Gina Bogdanovich who used to torment me in junior high on the bus in New Jersey. I was a shy, gay kid and people hated me for it.

She would sit next to me and say "Hey, babe. I can't wait till you fuck me" shit like that. It was humiliation on a daily basis. I dreaded it. This was circa 1984.

In 1994 she fell off the top of a building and died in Brantley, Georgia.

I would like to say I forgive her and I'm sorry she died, but I'm really not sorry at all. I'm happy she feel off that fucking building and I hope she realized what was happening to her before she hit the pavement. In fact, I hope she lived for a few minutes in agony after she hit the pavement.

And I hope anyone in the future who looks up her name on the internet sees this post and knows what she put a poor gay kid though.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2014 11:50 PM

I was already dealing with abuse at home and there was a miserable bully at school who would pound my head against the lockers,call me hateful names,smack me,and made my entire life hellish on a daily basis.He was a small squirt ugly as all hell and has grown up to be one of the ugliest men I have ever seen.I know what he looks like because I saw him on Facebook. If I thought a creep like this would ever understand I would contact him and tell him off but since he looks like such a major loser I know it will only be wasted time. He literally made my childhood hell.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2014 11:57 PM

Fell of a roof while he was high or drunk. Died

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2014 12:06 AM

Believe it or not I was severely bullied by my older sister and couldn't wait for the day she left for college. She has always been a bitch to me mainly because I was always independent and successful. She got married, had two sons who are in their 30's and are convicted felons. I no longer speak to her and if she died right now I would dance on her grave.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2014 12:09 AM

Dad? He died 4 years ago.

Probably eternally globetrotting through hell and if there is justice in hell still horny as a 17 year old boy and being kept from fucking all the floozies he happily fucked in life while making our lives a very special hell on earth.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2014 12:10 AM

He was killed when he accidentally drove his car over a cliff in the Rocky Mountains. My best friend and I laughed when we heard the news.

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2014 12:10 AM

I had several, and one of them went to jail before I graduated from high school.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2014 12:12 AM

She has three children with a guy who won't marry her. I think he screwed off a while ago. Lives in a subdivision in a famously conservative county. Is bulimic.

My mother, hearing what this girl had been doing to me at school, armed me at age 10 with perhaps the two nastiest things I could have the pleasure of repeating about anyone who crossed me until I graduated high school and left town forever: "She's not even small town pretty" and "She'll marry the first person who asks."

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2014 12:15 AM

He ended up living in a suburb of the city I lived in. I never encountered him, although I walked past the building he worked in twice a day. I'm sure he tortured his wife and children, and they now hate him.

All things considered, he wasn't that much of a bully in my life, compared to what other people have gone through.

Now, if you want to talk about my brother, I haven't spoken to him in 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2014 12:15 AM

I didn't really have a bully per se, but the de facto bully at my school eventually died when he was shot during a drug deal gone bad, in a housing project in Newark NJ. He was also a racist so it is sort of just a brother took him out.

The one person who gave me the most amount of grief was a year ahead of me and obviously gay. He didn't bully me but would always throw me attitude and try to cut me down. A peek at his Facebook page reveals he spent some time in a drug rehab. His dreams of being a big Broadway star never happened and he is now living in some hick town in Pennsylvania, doing dinner theater. His likes are all the predictable, unimaginative, gay interests (Glee, Madonna, Barbra etc) And he's fat.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2014 12:18 AM

[quote]And he's fat.

How fat?

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2014 12:20 AM

R19 multiple chins fat.

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2014 12:36 AM

Went on to get married, has a family - still livin' high off the family business, but got ugly beyond belief - like neanderthal-ugly. I was shocked at his appearance, but I guess the inside finally overtook the outside.

by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2014 12:40 AM

He's fat and bald. He went to a four-year university just so he could play for their football team and now has a manual labor job. He insults female celebrities on Twitter for being "ugly" while his wife is average-to-mannish looking and his daughter looks like a fucking gremlin.

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2014 12:48 AM

I fucked him

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2014 12:51 AM

Mine made my life miserable. I didn't want to go to school from grades 1-4 because of him. He threatened to beat me up every day. He told me that I was fat, poor, and ugly. He dropped out of school at the age of 16. Worked at a fast food restaurant & got a GED. He was really nice to me around this time, and explained that he grew up in an abusive household. His father beat the crap out of him. He was emancipated, and managed to start a successful business. His kid is now dying of cancer. I feel horrible about it.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2014 12:51 AM

Lots of death amongst the bullies, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2014 12:57 AM

Some jealous bitch used to bully me throughout high school. I had one good year in HS and the rest was torture. Hiding in the library, barely making the bus in time cuz if I was there on time, she'd bully me, constant taunts and insults yelled across the campus, she got her friends to torture me. I hated that bitch and hoped she would be dead or living a dreadful life but lo and behold she's better off than me with a spouse and family while I'm here on DL posting about it.

Goes to show, there is no god.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2014 12:59 AM

I feel for you, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2014 1:00 AM

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2014 1:06 AM

was killed (as a passenger) in a car crash right after we graduated from high school. i later found out he had a sexually abusive father, which somewhat explained his intense hatred of me (came out as a HS freshman in 1991). allegedly tried to blow his less-homophobic cousin not too long before the crash.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2014 1:11 AM

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2014 1:12 AM

He is, I shit you not, a human rights lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2014 1:22 AM

He was two grades ahead of me, and I couldn't even figure out how he'd even noticed me when he started picking on me. Luckily he graduated and my next two years of high school were bully free, but I still hated him.

He went into his family furniture store business and for years I'd see his lame commercials on TV. He had been hot as hell in high school, but not anymore. A few years after high school I was back in my hometown and ran into a grocery store, and saw him. He rudely pushed in front of me and paid me no notice as a human being, let alone someone that he actually knew. Granted, I looked totally different than I did in high school (about 100 times better) but it reinforced in my mind what a total asshat he was.

A couple of years ago I was back there again, and saw that their furniture store was out of business. I really was needing to find some furniture for my dad, so I stopped in, figuring I wouldn't see him, but there he was. Fatter than ever. I strolled around looking at the furniture, and he rushed over to me, desperate to make a sale in the final days of the store and said "Hello Sir, can I help you find anything??" I really wanted to finally say something, but I didn't want him to think he ever had power over me.

Instead, I just said, "No thanks, I'm looking for something higher quality." And walked out.

But damn, in high school, he really was hot.

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2014 1:26 AM

Do you know, there was one guy in Junior High school who would always take my clothes or gym bag in the locker room and would make me beg to get them back. Or I'd have to say things like "I'm an idiot" before he would give them to me. This would have been about 30 years ago, and I don't remember his name for the life of me.

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2014 1:37 AM

My childhood bullies are now:

1. Partner at Goldman Sachs (after being at Lehman)

2. Assist Distrct Attorney in NY

3. Wall Street headhunter

4. $500-an-hour corporate lawyer

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2014 7:01 AM

[quote]A peek at his Facebook page reveals he spent some time in a drug rehab.

I've looked twice for the Facebook of my bully, or ANYTHING about her online, and there's nothing. It appears she has tried to wipe her name off the internet completely and if it hadn't been for her elderly mother making a comment on a blog, I never would have found her.

Though I'd love to know more about how well she's allegedly doing, part of me figures that someone who was once such an attention whore but now can't be found at all, not even in articles about her locally-famous husband, has things they know they have to hide.

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2014 7:10 AM

My high school bully used to seek me out, generally in the library, but wherever in the school he could find me. He smashed his car into a large tree one night about a year after graduation and was killed instantly. His dad had been my 5th grade teacher and was a nice guy. It's such a long time ago now and I think about how his now elderly parents and one sister must still miss him. When the accident happened I didn't feel glad or particularly sad. It is indeed interesting how many of these guys came to a bad end.

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2014 7:47 AM

I'd love to hear more about the human rights lawyer. But these are all fascinating. So many spectacular failures.

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2014 8:04 AM

One owns a factory and drives a Porsche. Another is a carpenter and from what I've heard has some serious illness. His friend and a really nasty piece of work is a factory worker. I only found out couple of years ago that his other eye was blinded accidentally by my older brother when he was a kid. One reason that he and his carpenter friend bullied me at school and talked loads of shit behind my back to make me hated was apparently trying to get back at my brother.

TBH, I don't really care about those pieces of shit. The carpenter guy once approached me few years after high school and started talking to me like he was a friend. I looked at him a moment and then I just walked away without saying anything.

by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2014 8:34 AM

I eat the rude.

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2014 8:44 AM

We have a few resident schoolyard bullies right here at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2014 9:06 AM

I looked up the name mentioned by R9.

Interesting.

I like your honesty.

by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2014 9:55 AM

R26, you really don't know if her life is that great. Appearances can be deceiving. Also, be patient: sometimes karma takes a while. I hope you are living a happy life, and wish you well.

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2014 9:57 AM

He's a fat firefighter with ugly children.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2014 10:05 AM

I ran into him at a sex club - I recognised him but I don't know whether he recognised me. As his bullying was focused on me being gay this was rather ironic, but not a surprise, I'd always figured him for a closet case.

Five years went by and he tried to friend me on Facebook. I messaged him, started out very neutrally and then ripped him a fucking new one for being a fat ugly suburban closeted bullying fuck.

God it felt good.

by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2014 10:26 AM

Which one?

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Like a few others I had many bullies, but in hindsight it could've been so much worse. They were kids reacting to things they didn't understand or just repeating what they heard at home. There's only one I couldn't forgive.

BULLY ONE - made my life hellish for a while. I was closeted and fat. If it hadn't been that it would've been something else. He did that kind of thing to everyone. He's got a huge drinking problem now. Lost his wife and daughter over it. Apologized to me about 10 yrs after high school. Forgiven.

BULLY TWO - A stupid kid who bullied smarter kids - not sure he even noticed I was gay too. Kind of a sad childhood. Really old parents. Only child. Think he knew his life was going to go nowhere. Aggressively mean at times.

I'm a writer and used to name antagonists after him. He now has a better life than I think he expected. He's always happy to see my husband and I. Perhaps he's grown? His wife is terrific. Forgiven.

BULLY THREE - used to follow me home every day and graphically describe what he assumed I was doing to my younger brother. Vile person. Short, always sweating, not particularly bright. What was going on in his home for him to even have such thoughts? Somehow ended up sitting next to him at a reunion. Overheard him complaining about the fact that I brought my husband. At dinner his wife asked what her husband was like as a child. I told her.

He also works for my sister. Told her everything too. Don't think he enjoys his job as much. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2014 11:49 AM

Another hanging.

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2014 11:54 AM

[quote]He's always happy to see my husband and I.

You're a [bold]writer[/bold], r46 ?

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2014 12:07 PM

I don't keep in touch with people who used to bully me but I hope they got what they deserved. I don't waste much time thinking about it actually.

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2014 12:11 PM

R46 here. HA! Caught that right after I posted. Me writes more dialogue based righting.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2014 12:31 PM

You handled your side of our exchange with more grace than I did, r48 .

I apologize for jumping on an unimportant detail of your story; I was impressed with your ability to forgive your bullies.

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2014 12:38 PM

My cunt sister Julie?

As far as I know she's still alive and occupying space in my mom's house. But since I don't talk to my mom I'm not sure. My other sister tries to call to see how things are going and my mom won't pick up the phone so for all I know everyone in that house is dead.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2014 1:00 PM

My main bully worked as a waiter (as of his mid-20s) at some terrible generic pizza chain in the terrible generic suburb where we both grew up. Years ago he waited on my father and younger sister. My sister later told me; she knew some of what he'd done.

Apparently the bully told them he'd heard I graduated from Harvard. I hadn't given him any thought in years, but my sister's report of that interaction gave me great satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2014 1:26 PM

One of them died at age 22 from hitting his head hard on the pavement from a fall. I will say I got a deep, grim, and lasting sense of satisfaction when I heard the news. I was in college then, in another state.

The other one, I hadn't thought about in years, and then one day last year I checked him out on Facebook. Married, kids, apparently doing well despite borderline illiteracy, and looks OK for his age (late 40s). He still has those mean slitty dead-looking eyes though. And so do his kids.

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2014 1:36 PM

I had two. Both died in their 30s. I weep not.

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2014 2:02 PM

Sadly my bullies were my best friends. They had a lot to work with knowing almost everything about me.

One is married with spawn. The only reason I know, is because she came up on a people you may know thing on Facebook. She is fat. Yes, like the typical Datalounger I find that amusing.

The other I don't know. Don't care enough to look her up.

I also had 2 cousins make my life hell. My cousins say they are doing well, but I know better. One is textbook white trash. Ended up with a guy who beat her, and her kids. She lost custody of them many times, until she left. Her kids are now monsters. She is married to douche.

The other cousin was doing pretty good. Getting her Bachelors Degree. She lives with her parents, and is divorced. Her parents are STILL paying for her school. She is 31 years old, still is a closeted lesbian. Wonder if that was why her marriage didn't work out? It really explains her anger issues. Oh yeah, she is fat too.

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2014 2:14 PM

1. Died homeless in his 40s. Good-looking guy, long string of arrests.

2. On third wife; stuck in dead end low-wage jobs. Fat.

3. Dead in his 50s. Long string of arrests, probably an alcoholic with serious mental problems.

I would have enjoyed knowing this when I was in my teens. Now, I don't much care. The connection between bullying behavior and criminal behavior is interesting to me, even if it's only anecdotal.

by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2014 2:24 PM

Thanks r46! Consider yourself added to the list of forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2014 2:32 PM

The grade school bully befriended me after my dad said "Stand up to her!" She was a neighborhood girl and my dad knew her parents and figured she was looking for attention because she got none at home. He was right. A few years later she went from bully to defender of the bullied when her brother started getting picked on for being flamboyant.

I don't remember the names of the high school bullies to check on them. It was a group of guys who only seemed to do it when they could feed off each other. When you encountered them one-on-one they either seemed embarrassed or would awkwardly try to be friendly.

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2014 3:52 PM

His name was Anthony Perkins and I'm pretty sure he didn't star in Psycho...

Seeing as how he was a white trash loser a Google search didn't produce in useful results.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Mine, ironically(?), became a psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2014 4:16 PM

Mine lives in a tiny little shithole town and works in some blue collar job.

He looks like shit. Skinny and sickly, like a meth addict. Spends a lot of time in bars or drinking beer in his basement apartment with friends.

No wife or kids either.

We're almost 50.

I take no pleasure in it.

Maybe a little.

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2014 4:21 PM

I had way more bullies as an adult in corporate America than I ever did as a child. I think it's because I went to some big schools where the really bad folk didn't have the energy to torture just one or two victims and spread the wealth. One guy threatened me with a knife and stole my clarinet and left human excrement in my locker, but it was over in a week or two and I have never even googled him. There were some people who always had something negative to say, or who punched me out of jealousy because they had a crush on my hag or something. But as far as I can tell nothing bad happened to them in life because of those behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2014 4:27 PM

She's in her 50s, lives with mom and dad. She sells trinkets for wedding favors.

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2014 4:34 PM

Reading this thread...I think the bullies won.

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2014 4:35 PM

One is a very successful environmental lawyer.

The other owns a fried-chicken stand in a popular, tacky, beach town.

I've had no contact with either since high school and don't expect any, or desire any.

I also don't wish them ill. They were assholes, but most adolescents are in one way or another. And I've had a great life since high school, and one that gets some publicity, so they can read all about me in the press if they so desire. No need to FB!

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2014 4:48 PM

I think some of you need to get over it.

I was bullied as a kid, by a guy named Chris. He went on to play football at some college, maybe he had some sort of drug problem, I assume he's married now, I don't really pay attention. He apologized at our 10 year reunion and it was weird because I had kinda forgotten about his bullying; but I guess it was nice.

I can't imagine being happy or excited to hear if he had fallen off a building or died or got fat or looked ugly or came out or anything.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't think about it.

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2014 4:57 PM

Found dead in a ditch.

by Anonymousreply 68September 11, 2014 3:11 AM

Depends on what they did to you, doesn't it R67?

by Anonymousreply 69September 11, 2014 3:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 70September 11, 2014 3:15 AM

A family of bullies, bullied me and my two younger sisters. It wasn't horrible, just annoying.

The oldest, a boy, became a basketball star in high school, married, died at 45, leaving a wife and several children. The next one was in and out of jail, died at age 30, violently. The third is still alive and ironically, was stalked and harassed for a year by a former tenant on a farm he was renting. He is about 52 now, a grandfather of several teens, an ill educated redneck. The youngest, a girl, ended up being friends with my sister after my sister beat the crap out of her, though we moved when my sister was in the fourth grade. The girl was jailed for manslaughter, did 6 years (Canada), got out, and promptly stabbed her stepfather, with whom she was staying. She hid in a freezer when the police came to arrest her. It took four cops and a full can of pepper spray to subdue her. She went back to jail for two years. In her sentencing report, there was discussion of the sexual abuse she'd suffered at the hands of her single mother's string of boyfriends.

I didn't wish any of them ill will.

by Anonymousreply 71September 11, 2014 4:46 AM

Went missing in November in New England, a particularly brutal winter that year. Was found dead, with a needle in his arm, in the woods after the snow melted---around early April of the next year.

He was perfectly preserved and they said he had a smile on his face that could not be assuaged away.

by Anonymousreply 72September 11, 2014 5:01 AM

I had forgotten all about her--she was the school slut, and really mean. I just looked her up on FB, and saw a photo of her at our state's State Fair holding a 5-ft. Burmese python, with the comment next to the photo, "This is the ugliest two-eyed snake I've ever seen."

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2014 5:03 AM

Mine is, sadly, a rather prolific commercial actor. He is a skinny fellow with a large nose often seen in commercials requiring unattractive men. I still cringe when I see his face on screen.

by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2014 5:12 AM

Here is my bully. Not the only one, but the most hurtful one, the fat, greasy haired slob. She tortured me in middle school, shoving me in the halls and calling me gay slurs constantly. Odd thing is, now she's a big ol lesbian. I am not the puny boy I once was, and am now quite handsome with a fabulous job and a wonderful partner. I would love nothing more than to shove her into a locker and hiss "fat dyke" onto her oily scuzzy face.

Yes. I am still quite bitter. Can you tell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2014 5:16 AM

R75, you posted the wrong photo, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2014 5:35 AM

I'm surprised at how many men (boys) were bullied by women (girls). It never really occurred to me that girls would be doing the bullying, and not what I expected to see on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2014 11:49 AM

They're all dead!

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2014 12:16 PM

I had a sort of bully in high school, he tried but was too stupid to execute properly. Good looking guy and would show me his dick saying "you know you want it fag". I looked him up on facebook he is now quite fat and balding. He has aged horribly. The funniest thing was, we graduated from high school in the early 90s, but his profile photo was his fat self, his special looking son, and the car he drove in high school behind him with the hood open.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2014 12:36 PM

He went on to become the first mixed race president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2014 12:40 PM

[quote]Mine is, sadly, a rather prolific commercial actor.

You have to tell us who this is, R74.

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2014 1:34 PM

Knocked some stripper up and complains regularly on Facebook about how she won't let him see his kid. I looked him up after I saw him recently.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2014 2:10 PM

Just looked him up on Facebook. He appears to be a normal, divorced father of two cute little girls. He aged surprisingly well. Works as a catering chef. We like a lot of the same TV shows.

He used to terrorize me daily in high school. I'd cringe and try to blend in at the sight of him in the hallways, but he always zeroed in on me, would verbally abuse me, call me faggot and slam into me, knocking my books out of my hands, etc. Typical bullying bullshit, nothing too extreme but he really had it out for me.

I never knew why. I think we had some classes together but I never understood why he picked on me. I was nerdy and unathletic but didn't stand out usually. I had friends, including a popular football player who'd stick up for me when he was around. Still, this guy would just terrorize me at every opportunity. LOTS of weird rage.

I think he was (and remains) a closet case. Nothing I saw on Facebook disputes that (divorced, single and a CHEF?)

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2014 2:12 PM

Wasn't bullied as a kid- which is surprising as my appearance was SOOOO NERDY-

But bullied at work. And well the bullies are more successful than I am...so have not seen my karma payback yet.

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2014 2:15 PM

r83 did you then write for Glee?

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Mine died of AIDS. He was a high school jock who used to bully me. I guess I was what he didn't want to become. Ironic thing is an acquaintance recently tried to set me up with his older brother! Said he was still in the closet and very lonely. I said, No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Just a question for you guys.

Have any of you who were bullied managed to forgive your bullies?

Have any of you who were bullies managed to acknowledge your actions and change your behavior?

I ask because although I was kind of bullied by people when I was younger, I also kind of a bully to one person when I was younger and I feel terrible for it. I have managed to change my behavior but when I really realized how mean I was to that person (this is when I was 11 and I am 27 now), I felt really awful about it and I actually still do. Hindsight really is 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2014 2:22 PM

R85, you should get out more. Leave mom's basement once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2014 2:27 PM

My childhood bully got cancer and died. I didn't cry.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2014 2:35 PM

How petty.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2014 2:49 PM

My childhood bully---wait for it---turned out to be gay. Yep. Tormented me and the other faggy geeks to the point I was physically ill at the sight of him.

About 5 years ago, I ran into one of my old female friends from high school and we chatted about some of our old classmates. She mentioned my bully.

"Oh, he came out a couple years after high school and works a flight attendant. He was actually on one of my flights!"

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2014 2:50 PM

I was bullied by an ugly, fat queen called Tommy Foulkes. I was the new kid in school and he wrote AIDS victim on my locker. Meanwhile he was so gay you could see it from space. Helen Keller could see he sucked dick. Fast forward 30 years later and he's fatter, uglier and totally bald. His boyfriend looks like the Good Year blimp.

Oddly he's friends with this other queen we went to school with who, back then, wouldn't have given him the time of day. Now they're friends. Vinny Gurrieri. He used to go around looking like George Michael and after we graduated he danced on CLub MTV. Now he's covered in those hideously dated tribal tattoos from the 90s, looks 20 years older than his age and drives a Boarshead Truck. Desperately single on top of it. I saw him in the post office. He tried to make eye contact with me but I froze him out like he used to do to me in high school.

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2014 3:02 PM

Here he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2014 3:17 PM

R86 here. I had another bully who was an actor in a local play with me. He didn't gay bash me. He just had it in for me. Later, I heard his father died of cancer the summer we did that play. By coincidence I saw him perform on the other side of the country, at a small theater on the Paramount lot, years later. He was doing a David Mamet play and he had to be in his underwear. Time hadn't been that kind to him. I admit I gloated a little from the front row. And then he recognized me, mid-scene. He stopped for a second and then carried on. I didn't go backstage afterwards.

For R87, yes, I forgave my high school bully after I met him in a gay bar and he apologized. We saw each other around town after that and said hi. I was surprised to hear he'd died of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2014 3:21 PM

I was generally bullied by all of the kids in a casual way but 2 of them went out of their way to target me. One was an elementary school bully and the other was a junior high school bully.

The elementary school bully hanged himself a few months ago. He had been married to a friend of a friend and left behind 2 teenage daughters. I still feel bad for them.

The junior high school bully works in construction, I think. Of the two bullies, he was the lesser of two evils. The guy who died was a sadistic fucker, at least to me while we were in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2014 3:22 PM

My bully was terrifying, hung out with the druggy metal dudes in school and just had it out for me from day one. weirdly, he always called me a faggot - even though I was pretty rough myself. No one else ever singled me out for that except him. He was always shoving me at parties, trying to start a fight. And calling me fag over and over, like he wanted me to admit to it for some strange personal reason.

Whats REALLY weird, is one day he just turned and started acting like my best friend. Saying "whats up" to me at the beach we all hung out at. I eventually confronted him and asked what his beef was with me. He denied having any.

He blew his brains out with a double-barreled shotgun in front of his girlfriend and her mother a couple of years after graduating from high school.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2014 3:24 PM

R87, I also bullied someone besides being bullied myself. A pretty girl in elementary school. I don't know why people picked on her. But I remember she fell on the ice one day at school and we laughed at her. I guess I was about 6 or 7. It still haunts me as to why I joined in the laughter, and didn't help her as she wandered off crying. And it's been quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2014 3:26 PM

R97 and R94, thank you. I wish I could forgive myself but I have actually never really seen this person again. It's been 16 years but I still feel bad. The best thing to do is to change your behavior and make sure you act with maturity and sensitivity towards others.

by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2014 3:30 PM

[quote]calling me fag over and over, like he wanted me to admit to it for some strange personal reason one day he just turned and started acting like my best friend. Saying "whats up" to me at the beach we all hung out at.

More likely than not he wanted to fuck you, R96.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2014 3:35 PM

Well R93, by the looks of it his only real credit is directing an episode of ASIP.

And considering how tightly Rob, Glenn and Charlie control the flow of the show, most likely the only directing he did was say "Action".

by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2014 3:42 PM

R100, very true. He's in a SuperCuts, or some cheap barbershop, commercial that runs constantly here--wearing spandex and looking like a smug twat.

The good part is, neither he nor any of our bullies from the past, really has any power over any of us any longer.

They've been replaced with new models, but, I'll be damned if I ever let another person make me feel that way again.

by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2014 3:54 PM

R87 To answer your question, it depends. I don't think about the ones I went to school with. They are basically strangers to me. I just hope that they raise their kids not to be the assholes they were in school.

The family that bullied me though I will never forgive. They never changed. They are still the evil psychopaths they were as teenagers. One decided to never procreate. I thank the magic sky fairy for that! The other has 4 kids. They sadly are doomed. They are mirror images of their mother. Been in and out of the system already. I honestly will be surprised if they make it to 20. It is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2014 3:58 PM

R102, a whole FAMILY bullied you? That's fucking terrible and I'm sorry for what happened. What exactly did they do if you don't mind me asking?

by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2014 4:05 PM

I had two in high school. Both were ugly as f*ck, one of them looked like a pig, pink complexion and white eyelashes and everything. But they both were in the hockey team so they were friends with all the cute and popular hockey players and got high status in our school just because of that.

One of them bought a tobacco store in our home town. I was home for christmas and went there to get some magazines. I had no idea that he owned the store when I went there. He said "hello" and gave me a big grin when he saw me. I just stared at him and left. The store later went bankrupt, he is unemployed (in a small rural town where there are no jobs), divorced and has a kid that is just as ugly as him, looks like a piglet. And not in a cute way. Apparently he is on the dole but volunteers to drive the ice machine (is that the right word?) for the hockey team during their games.

The other one is unemployed too, after one of the few remaining factories closed down, is fat, has a fat kid and is trying to find a new love on ALL the internet dating sites. Something that can't be easy with his looks, no job, and the fact that he lives in the middle of nowhere.

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 104September 11, 2014 4:17 PM

Mine died, shot to death, amid an "altercation" with the local crime syndicate. I smiled quietly to myself.

by Anonymousreply 105September 11, 2014 4:22 PM

[quote]Apparently he is on the dole but volunteers to drive the ice machine (is that the right word?)

Zamboni. The word you are looking for is zamboni.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 11, 2014 4:24 PM

Thank you 106! Never heard the word before.

by Anonymousreply 107September 11, 2014 4:35 PM

He died in a traffic accident with another car driven by his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 108September 11, 2014 4:39 PM

My work bully showed up in my office to excitedly describe his (x-ray?) (MRI?) (CT?) that showed nodes in his stomach and to tell me that they were all shiny so that meant they were malignant. I didn't know what to say.

A few months later, I went to his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 109September 11, 2014 4:48 PM

R103 It was 2 cousins.

They were vindictive. I was an easy target being chubby and shy. They caused needless drama. They constantly told my grandparents lies. They would in turn tell my parents these awful things. I fought with my parents and grandparents, for years because of this shit. They never trusted me.

They said I was a drug addict, that I was whoring around, and that I was even self harming. I was none of the above. This went on for 3 years. It really drove me insane. My parents talked about sending me away to a different state to live with relatives I hardly know. I had an older aunt offer to send me one of those convent type schools. Also my older cousin in the army said would take me in. Put me in Military school. It was horrible. I couldn't believe that they would even think about that, based on rumors. At one point, I really did consider offing myself. I quickly snapped out of that, because I didn't want to make those bitches happy.

The last straw came when one pretended to be me on the phone, and broke up with a guy I was dating. She thought it was hilarious. That right there made my blood boil. I stood up for myself after that. Started giving it right back.

by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2014 4:50 PM

R110, I am so sorry. If they actually genuinely apologized--preferably with tears--I would eventually forgive. However, if they didn't, I don't think I ever would .

by Anonymousreply 111September 11, 2014 5:14 PM

R87) I was hard on the gayer than me kid in our school. Actually thought it would throw some of the heat off me. It didn't. I've never seen him again (and I've tried) but if I do the first thing I'll say is "I'm sorry." Until then all I can do is know that I've told friends of his that I apologize and know in my heart I learned something from not being the best version of myself. And try not to repeat the mistake.

by Anonymousreply 112September 11, 2014 7:39 PM

One of our most-feared neighborhood bullies because a hustler and committed suicide in the nearby mob-run hotel. Sad, but I was terrified of him.

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2014 7:48 PM

R112, I agree, the fact that you learned from your mistakes means that you've grown as a person, that's the most important thing.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2014 7:51 PM

Works as a mechanic.

by Anonymousreply 115September 11, 2014 7:52 PM

R87 It's very hard and it depends on what was done, I think.

I'm the guy who's female bully fell off a roof. She was so wantonly cruel to me I can't forgive her in my head.

However, if someone who bullied me came to me and said he was sorry I'm sure I would forgive. I DO forgive most of my bullies. But not Gina Bogdanovich.

I get the feeling whatever you did wasn't that bad. I forgive you on behalf of all the bullied!

by Anonymousreply 116September 11, 2014 10:55 PM

The ringleader slings hooch at a dive bar in our hometown. She's also a waitress at a restaurant. She acts like she never shoved me into lockers, put garbage and whip cream in my locker, threw big rocks at me in class, called me names etc.

She talks to me like she is my friend. It's so weird.

by Anonymousreply 117September 11, 2014 11:02 PM

I haven't thought about the turd in years! I googled him, he's actually living in a rental (decent place), near my rental property that I bought 23 years ago. I checked out the county site, he's not the owner.

I'd never rent to the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 118September 11, 2014 11:13 PM

Thank you r114 - your comment just made me realize a lot of the mean girls I went to school with are still mean girls. Hard to accept, but some people just don't change.

by Anonymousreply 119September 11, 2014 11:21 PM

I did some checking on my bully, he was arrested for assault on his employer about ten years ago. What a gem! Like r119 said, some people just don't change.

by Anonymousreply 120September 11, 2014 11:53 PM

R116, thank you! That's really cool of you.

by Anonymousreply 121September 12, 2014 12:19 AM

My gay friend Jeff found himself in a dangerous high school when he was younger. Rough kids. He wasn't singled out because three mean and fat Samoan girls took him under their wing and protected him. "Alu Ai su Kae!"

by Anonymousreply 122September 12, 2014 11:00 AM

[quote]Have any of you who were bullied managed to forgive your bullies?

No (I'm R4) but I don't think she would ever feel badly for what she'd done, not like you did, and that's the big difference.

In fact, I would bet anything she still believes I had "ruined her life." Long story short, this family were the kind of small-town rich folks who would have people run out of town, arrested, etc. This girl was having an affair with a male teacher, but she got obvious about it and groped him publicly during play practice. To cover his ass, the teacher said she was harassing him and had her kicked out of the theater program.

To continue covering his ass, he told her *I* had gotten her kicked out of theater, which she said ruined her life, so she was going to ruin mine in return. Not even my parents were on my side (they were abusive fucks who figured out I wasn't hetero pretty early on, but also didn't want this rich family targeting us). This all escalated, with me eventually being kicked out of my home before I graduated high school. She gloated about all of it.

Things are pretty great now (my parents are dead, for one) but if I saw this woman, I'd punch her in the face. No forgiveness and no mercy.

by Anonymousreply 123September 12, 2014 11:52 AM

R123, I would be pissed off too if I was in that situation. She sounds like a twat.

by Anonymousreply 124September 12, 2014 3:59 PM

Killed in a car accident years ago.

I hated him, but I let that go. Not glad he died or anything.

He was an asshole, but he was poorer than poor and brought up in a house that was condemned.

He was trained to be hateful and angry. Never had another chance.

by Anonymousreply 125September 12, 2014 4:20 PM

I don't think it's karma, personally, that so many of these bullies die tragically.

Bullies usually come from bad homes, and shitty upbringings, and many go on to live a life of fear and/or criminal activity. It's not coincidental, and it's not karmic. It's just that the probability of tragic death is really high, given the personality type.

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2014 2:52 AM

r126 I grew up in a upper middle class area, all the assholes were spoiled as fuck and still ended up with shit lives.

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2014 3:02 AM

I went to one school system up until age 8, and loved it. I got along with all the kids, and the education system was pretty progressive.

We moved to another town at 8, because my mom was getting married to her alcoholic boyfriend, who royally fucked up our lives until I was 14, when he finally disappeared and died a couple years later.

Anyhow, moving to that town, I made a few friends, but was instantly the target of some kids' taunting, gay stuff mostly...and for having a big head, which I did, and still do.

But the real fucked up thing was, when I was ten, this one kid, who I thought I was friends with, got all the kids in the class to side against me, and they all lined up at recess and took turns punching me...one after another. Every single kid in class except one, my only real friend in the class.

That was on a Monday. The rest of the week at recess, the group of kids dwindled down to four. I still remember them, of course.

How did the teachers totally miss this? That floored me. I remember yelling to the teachers for help, and they strolled on by, talking to each other, paying the kids no mind at all. I even lobbied to the teachers after school, and the principal, and NOTHING was done.

Why did they all beat me up? I know I got the best grades in the class, by far. People did seem to resent my getting an A on everything, and nobody else got A's on anything ever. I think I bragged about my good grades to the kids, but I don't recall thinking they were beneath me, I thought they were all my friends. I don't know if that contributed to it or not. I never was told. I was just summarily rejected by almost my whole class.

Now, between this and the alkie stepdad, I was given a nice recipe for a lifetime of rejection and violence issues.

Have I forgiven everyone? Of course.

Have I totally gotten over it? I think I have, but then every so often a situation comes up where I'm being rejected by a group of people, and I get the chills all over my body like it's 1980 and I'm ten years old again.

Yes, I'm in therapy.

It's amazing how something in your childhood can have such a ripple effect on your entire life. It's really fucked up.

Anyhow, the ringleader tried to friend me on facebook. I looked at his profile, saw that he lived many states away, and worked as a paramedic, and seemed to be doing relatively well. His friend request did NOT come with an apology, or even any type of attempt to initiate conversation with me. I declined the friend request, and didn't take the opportunity to go off on him. I just didn't feel like it would have been therapeutic for me, even if he had ultimately acknowledged and apologized...because I would have had to initiate it.

I don't wish ill will on any one of them, but I would love some peace. I hope that therapy will get me there. I really thought I was over this, until I realized that it's the single biggest traumatic event that has had the longest trajectory for me, even though I do feel like I got over the initial event.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2014 3:03 AM

Died. He had a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2014 3:17 AM

This thread brought back a memory I hadn't thought for a long time. I was 17. My parents were on a trip. I was watching my younger brother who is mentally challenged. We had an unexpected death in our family. With my parents gone a lot more responsibility fell to me. I dropped my brother at school and went to explain to the office what was going on, why my parents couldn't call, etc. I ran into one of the asshole tormentors in the hallway. He said something snide. I snapped. As I grabbed him and threw him into a bank of lockers I screamed FUCK YOU! A teacher came out, pulled us apart, asked what happened and took my side. The (normally a) bully went crazy. He was the victim. Blah, blah, blah.

The teacher smiled and told him he'd been asking for it for years. He sent the kid on his way. I could hear people giving him grief about what had happened. The teacher asked me what was wrong and listened and told me he was proud of me for being a good brother and standing up for myself.

I wonder why it took me so long to remember that. I wasn't without blame that day, but I owe that teacher a lot.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2014 3:19 AM

I ran over him one night and never looked back.

RIP, B. C.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2014 4:19 AM

My childhood bully made my life a complete and total living hell. Yes, I was the closeted gay boy with a female bully. Not only did she bully me throughout high school but she also carried it on through the first year of college after tricking me into thinking that she had changed and wanted to be my friend.

Ten years later she came to a smaller reunion we had. Five minutes in I learned that she was a lesbian had gotten married and she was back to being a mega bitch towards me. I ditched the group after that.

To this day I regret not taking that moment to tell her what a cunt she was and still is apparently then I kind of figured out she's probably just a deeply unhappy individual.

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2014 4:26 AM

Don't know, don't care. Wouldn't waste my time looking any of them up to find out.

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2014 6:02 AM

He's resting comfortably in my living room in the form of a couple lampshades and a pillow.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2014 9:11 AM

There was a kid named Sean Sheehan. He was the fucking worst. Every time he saw me he would yell "HI BILLYYYY" in an exaggerated gay voice. He would say stuff like "what dude are you fucking tonight?" really humiliating.

At some point, the jock bros decided it was cool to shower after gym. Sean Sheehan fancied himself a jock bro, but he was seriously ugly as fuck and overweight.

One day, he emerges from the shower, naked. Jock-stud-God Kevin Roman goes "Hey! It's true! Fat guys do have small dicks!" Everyone laughed, and Sean turned bright red.

Looking back, I think Kevin was doing it for me, actually.

by Anonymousreply 135October 31, 2017 2:43 AM

My childhood bullies, I don't give a shit. My work bullies, don't have great lives and I am actively looking for ways to bully them. I've started a ferocious whisper campaign against one of them.

by Anonymousreply 136October 31, 2017 3:03 AM

The kid who bullied me in grammar school wound up having a string of kids across the country. Pretty much always the same story - hooked up with the girl after running from the last one, had a kid, cleaned out her bank accounts, and away he went. Last I heard he had 8 kids, wasn’t paying for any, and was in California fleecing people in some real estate scams.

Didn’t really have bullies in HS, but I considered the dean of discipline (yes, that was his actual title) a bully. All boys private school, and he was obsessed with the discipline part - stifled individualism, tried to get newspaper, literary mag, anything artistic or creative banned. Jocks could do no wrong in his eyes, and the theatre kids he treated as less than worthy. I was a bit different in that I was a jock, but was involved with the newspaper, the magazine, and other clubs. As such I didn’t fit into his narrow mindset.

He would make snide comments about what I read (same assigned books as everyone), how I dressed (dress code was jacket and tie, so 400 other kids were dressed the same), who I was friends with, and often and in front of others would say how I didn’t belong in the school, how I didn’t fit in. I never understood what his problem with me was. I found out that a few years after graduation his only son hung himself on Father’s Day with a note saying “Happy Father’s Day and fuck you dad” pinned to him. Wife left him, daughter doesn’t speak with him, he was removed as dean. Sometimes, karma really does come back on you.

by Anonymousreply 137October 31, 2017 3:09 AM

Jock bro? That’s a new one.

by Anonymousreply 138October 31, 2017 3:09 AM

my elementary bully was only for 2nd and 3rd grade (he moved away summer before 4th) and i always found it heartbreaking because we began as friends and lived on the same block. from kindergarten through around the beginning of 2nd grade we'd always hang out with the other neighborhood kids and he'd invite me over to his house and play, etcetera. and then in what genuinely seemed like a weekend (probably was festering longer, who knows) his personality took a 180 and he became my legitimate bully. he made me terrified to even walk home after school because we had the same bus stop. i will always think to the day i die his sudden behavioral change is because his (deeply religious) parents didn't like how much of a sissy i was. he's now a cook in some shitty "pizza" gastropub, just got married to a girl studying nursing and they just had a kid a few months ago. i think i'd forgive him, even though i haven't seen him in nearly 20 years. i never had much of a bully after that, just random guys who'd tease me but never made me a target and, honestly, a lot of them were also friendly to me growing up since i was fairly popular and floated around every "clique". one guy in high school, however, was an absolute nightmare to other people. he was a typical troubled kid, huge attitude, extremely offensive and misogynist. i felt bad for everyone he bullied, both teachers and students. ESPECIALLY the teachers. my god, he was a complete fucking nightmare and so incredibly mean.

he was killed by a drunk driver a little more than halfway through junior year.

by Anonymousreply 139October 31, 2017 3:15 AM

R139 I say this to your bully

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 31, 2017 3:49 AM

Rather unusual, but he had cancer by the time he was 30 and died. I was delighted. I know that sounds awful, but I couldn't bring myself to care at all.

by Anonymousreply 141October 31, 2017 4:02 AM

One died of cancer, another committed suicide, one is a hoarder who still lives with his mom, and another lives in a nice house but him and his wife are infertile. The worst one married a man who beat the hell out of her on a daily basis for years until she went to a battered women’s shelter and filed for divorce.

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 142October 31, 2017 4:18 AM

I forgot his name but I imagine he only had a crush. I wish I had been nice to him.

by Anonymousreply 143October 31, 2017 4:24 AM

[quote] I would like to say that I genuinely feel sad for him, but I felt nothing when I heard the news and feel nothing now.

Was he named Karp?

by Anonymousreply 144October 31, 2017 4:28 AM

With my bully, Dad said I would have to fight him or ignore him. He would come after me every day in summer school during the break between classes. The problem was, he was right -- I was a fat fuck and a klutz, and I was also very scared. So the ignoring seemed to be the best way, until the day he called me a faggot. Looking back, i don't think he knew he'd hit a bullseye -- it was just another mean insult to throw at me, but throw it he did, and then he made a bigger mistake -- first bell rang to call us back to class, so he turned away from me. Suddenly, I sprung on him and, since I was a fat fuck klutz, my weight toppled him to the floor of the hallway. We probably weighed the same, but I was fat and he was muscular, but I was sitting on top of him and that's what counted. Also, I started smacking his face onto the floor, and discovered I could swear too -- "Are you going to fucking stop fucking with me you lowlife motherfucker?" Two or three smacks of his face on the floor, and he promised to stop, so I let him up.

Of all the bullies I've endured, he was the first I beat up, and the only one who kept his promise to stop, so when I learned he had died at 45, I was very sad.

I remain very sad.

by Anonymousreply 145October 31, 2017 4:32 AM

Apparently he may be dating Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 146October 31, 2017 4:50 AM

There was one kid I encountered every day on the bus. He goes "You're not a queer, you're a QUARR" So every day he called me "QUARR"

Then one day, I don't know why but he goes "I won't call you queer no more" and the fat fuck cunt bus driver goes "That's very nice of you" Fuck you you fat disgusting pig.

He kept doing it though. Don't know what happened to him but I pray to Jesus H. Christ that he somehow got AIDS and bled into his children's cereal.

by Anonymousreply 147October 31, 2017 5:25 AM

[quote]What happened to your childhood bully?

We became lovers when we grew up.

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2017 5:44 AM

I got the best revenge on the bully who made my life difficult in HS. His name was David, and though his bullying started in Junior year, it really escalated when we were both got on the tennis team. This was in a Michigan town known for it's tennis training facilities. (Andy Roddick trained there a couple of years later) I would routinely beat him on the court, and he turned his entire focus on me off-court. He was a master at the relentless, under-breath taunting that no one else could hear, especially the coaches, but would really erode at ones self-control. It culminated just before graduation when I beat him on the court one final time in the quarter-finals, and we got into a physical fight as we were leaving the court. Sadly, he won the fight, broke my nose, and got us both suspended, which was what he had wanted. I did not get to play the finals.

Anyway, I left for college on my tennis scholarship which he had also wanted, and started modeling (catalogues) for spending cash. I also started to date a fabulous Argentinian model employed by the same modeling agency, but failed miserably at consummating the physical aspect of our relationship. I was so messed up that I actually believed for a long time that David's relentless 'fag' name calling had somehow sunk deep into my psyche and made me gay. Anyway, Helen was very understanding and we kept going out as a couple because having a boyfriend in the same business kept the creeps and predators away from her. She was, and still is, one of my best friends. We graduated and I got an excellent job as an engineer. I also finally accepted that I was gay.

14 years after high school, my sister decided to marry her HS b'friend, so the family congregated in Michigan. I took best-friend Helen as my plus-1 since I was not out to my family (it was the 80's) We checked into our hotel rather late in the evening, and after we got to the room, Helen teased me about how the night-manager was totally checking me out. I never even looked at him properly. The next evening, we got all dressed up to meet the new in-laws at a fancy restaurant at another hotel. When the valet took our rental car keys, Helen says "Hello again" and it was the night-manager from the first hotel. He smiles at us and I recognize David! It caused an immediate anxiety attack and I quickly rushed Helen into the restaurant and told her who it was (she already knew the background story). So Helen told me to relax and just follow her lead.

After dinner, she takes control. We stroll out arm in arm, and David is still there, standing in the cold, managing the valet stand. But instead of asking for the car keys, Helen pulls me to one side so that we can smoke. We linger there for nearly 20 minutes smoking and chatting. And looking absolutely fabulous in our rich NY winter clothes as though we had just stepped off the set of Dynasty. (Cashmere wool overcoats. 80's fashions rocked!) Between cigarettes, she puts on prolonged displays of affection as though she is totally in love with me. Meanwhile David keeps staring at us with his mouth open and barely managing to "Yes sir" and "Have a good night" and "thank you for the tip" as the guests leave one by one. The best was when my parents stepped out and my dad recognized David as the guy who had broken my nose and gotten me suspended before the tennis finals. He glared at David and refused to tip him when he left. When we finally got our keys, David was just silent and slammed the door hard when I attempted to give him a $5 tip. We saw him a few times more at the hotel we were checked into and he would usually scurry away into the back room as soon as he saw us.

When Facebook happened, we had a couple of tennis friends in common and he always, without fail, makes a snarky comment whenever I post something on their wall. He is still trying to be a bully. In retaliation, I put up a DP picture of me and Helen, taken in Bali two years ago which our mutual friends both complimented and assumed was my wife. Every bullied gay boy should have a friend like Helen.

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2017 6:02 AM

I had two bullies at different ages. After I almost broke the first one's arm with an armlock behind his back at the age of 10, (he had swung at me, full force with a Louisville Slugger) he left me alone. I found out that after he grew up, he wound up in jail and later committed suicide. The 2nd one was a endocrine-precocious female, who with her mentally-impaired cronies, taunted my friend and me every day in 8th grade. She got pregnant at 15, dropped out of school and was abandoned by the baby's father. Now I realize that both of these bullying children were way more pathetic than me. That's probably true, as well, for the slow drip of adult bullies I've had the misfortune to know during my adult life. *****May they all have honking hemorrhoidal flare ups and chronic body-enveloping shingles during their golden years. And die alone.

by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2017 6:38 AM

Okay, now you all listen to me: 1) these bullies DO NOT have a better life than you. Proof? Look at all the miserable things that happened to them. That is not a coincidence. These people were all miserable. Why did they pick on you? Because they saw something in you they envied - they wanted to be out like you, they wanted to be gay like you, they wanted YOU, but were in an untenable position in their life, and they took it out on you. NOBODY has a perfect life and the ones that try to make you believe this the most, are the most FUCKED UP. It never fails. 19 kids and counting. Need I say more? 2) Yes, KARMA is a bitch and SHE COMES AROUND. If this person did this to you, can you imagine what it is like to be married to this person? Or related to them? or work with them 5 days a week? This behavior does not just go away, and it is not just you that suffers from these people. They are miserable wretches and deserve every bit of bad karma they get. 3) Please, please, please - tell yourself you are a good person, BECAUSE YOU ARE. And, most importantly, BELIEVE IT. I know it’s so hard when you’re a kid, but be your own best friend, and tell yourself that you are a good person, and you didn’t deserve this. Doesn’t matter if the bully was your best friend or your Dad. You know what the truth is. And staying angry is like trying to kill someone by drinking poison yourself - it’s not worth it. 4) I am so so so sorry you had to go through this, and if I was there, I would have stopped it. (All the way back to 1969 because I did then) Or I would give you a hug right now and tell you I love you. Childhood SUCKS - it is mankind at its most viscious. What you can do is pass on your caring - to someone who is being bullied NOW. You have the power to step in and be a friend - the friend you didn’t have that could’ve made things easier for you. You guys are strong - now go out there and make a difference!

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2017 6:52 AM

She was a mean girl with a sharp wit and a rapier tongue. Although short and fat (when fat was rare) she was apparently full of self-confidence and was adept at using psychology to bring people down. She singled out the less socially aware, the loners, the geeks and the gays and had the gut renching ability to step in, with a few well chosen words and a snark, and ruin a small moment of joy or suck the life out of a good day. I was consistently picked on and at times abandoned by my few friends. I never felt the same trust among friends and the bullying had a lasting impact. I later found out that pretty much everyone felt the same about her - even the teachers. She was feared but tolerated. She graduated from college, worked for a local politician and is now a senior social worker.

by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2017 7:25 AM

Mine tried to make me eat my paper mache art project in 6th grade. Later heard he was decapitated in a motorcycle accident. (giggle)

by Anonymousreply 153October 31, 2017 7:43 AM

This makes me sad. I lived in constant fear of being in a fight. I skipped gym and never graduated.

by Anonymousreply 154October 31, 2017 8:15 AM

Drugs. Went to prison for stabbing her dealer. Last time I saw her she was sat on the floor outside a bus station, begging for change. Might be dead now, don't care. Whatever happened I'm sure it was deserved, the piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 155October 31, 2017 8:24 AM

Years ago, one of my school bullies went to jail. For what I don't know. Yes, he was black. No, I don't judge all black people by him.

by Anonymousreply 156October 31, 2017 8:52 AM

One went to prison for running over two children with his car (drunk driving no doubt). He was the Don Jr type, complete with killing large animals in Africa (we saw pictures in elementary school).

He works in real estate (I think) now. Looks even more miserable than when we were kids. I've no doubt the people who raised him are even worse than he is.

by Anonymousreply 157October 31, 2017 9:43 AM

I also suspect his mother was a real live whore, because that was one insult that drove him up the wall.

by Anonymousreply 158October 31, 2017 9:44 AM

Was working at a fast-food restaurant during a hold-up. Shot and killed. Good riddance. He and another guy caught a girl alone in a classroom and attacked her. She fought her way out of there, but the guy was already a thug in middle school.

by Anonymousreply 159October 31, 2017 9:50 AM

One's an alcoholic (still!) and the other just had a baby who I'm praying ends up gay just for karma's sake.

by Anonymousreply 160October 31, 2017 11:34 AM

Best thread. Even being "successful" and attractive doesn't mitigate the memory of these bullies. Even those that friended me years later. I'm cordial, but I personally think, with little exception, people don't change. I feel disinclined to know them much in the "now".

by Anonymousreply 161October 31, 2017 11:54 AM

It's more often like r152 than r151.

The bullies who die were C-list to begin with

by Anonymousreply 162October 31, 2017 12:12 PM

This thread got me curious and I had a quick Google to see if if could find her. No dice. Hopefully she's miserable and fatter than she was the last time if saw her (which was pretty damn fat).

One of the reasons I will not have an Facebook is so assholes like her cannot find me. She wasn't alone in all that bullshit. They wouldn't leave me alone even after I tried to kill myself. Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 163October 31, 2017 12:18 PM

R163 you are entirely right to stay away from FB. That shit is designed to keep people in HS mean whatever forever. Stay away if you can. The crappiest human experiment ever. That people are willingly submitting to this shows what a bunch of sheep we are surrounded with.

by Anonymousreply 164October 31, 2017 12:27 PM

One is a highly successful environmental lawyer. He's actually doing great things and is highly admired. Karma has not paid him a visit. I'm not even sure I need her to. Not now.

The other guy is a slovenly hippie. Last I heard he was running a fried chicken shack. Of course he's a major Republican. He's the one who said: "I'm smarter than you, better looking than you, more talented than you, and more successful than you, and always will be. You know that, right?"

I got the last laugh on that one. In every way. And it started our senior year in college, when I got into the school he wanted to go to, and he got rejected. Our paths have gone separate directions ever since.

by Anonymousreply 165October 31, 2017 1:31 PM

First one, in primary school, no idea. He would always say “Come here, I’ve got a secret to tell you” and then spit in my ear. If I refused to ‘listen’ I’d be thumped, hard. He was a scrawny but tough little bastard with missing teeth and sticking out ears. In retrospect, I would imagine he had a terrible home life.

The second, at boarding school, the thug that made my life hell for two years by always punching me as soon as he saw me, throwing darts into my calves and attaching a car battery to me, was kicked out of the school ( never learnt why ), became a speed freak, lost all his teeth and died for an overdose. Shame.

The third, who led a little gang who made my life hell, I punched so hard in the stomach he fell to the floor and pissed himself. I had learnt to stand up for myself ( it would have been physically impossible with 2 ) and was never bullied again. But by the. I was 15.

by Anonymousreply 166October 31, 2017 1:49 PM

I've always wondered how these bullies feel when their children are being bullied.

by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2017 1:49 PM

Assuming they beget children. Mine will probably die alone.

by Anonymousreply 168October 31, 2017 1:51 PM

R166, I salute you. Similar path for me. The day I stood up for myself (11 and 13) I was never bullied again. At 13 I was not even standing up for anything anymore, I just really felt like punching someone that day and the moron who picked on my notebook found himself at the wrong place at the wrong time. We were sent to the principal's office, lectured about war in Europe and I apologised. That was the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 169October 31, 2017 1:55 PM

R166 - sorry, number 3, ended up doing something dull in the City.

I also forgot...there was another who pinballed between friend and tormentor. He was hugely fat but strong with it. He also had a micro penis. We had communal showers at the school. But no kids laughed or taunted him at him because he would get so violent. Mostly he just didn’t shower after games. After football ( soccer ) we would get drinks of water from the tap ina nearby public toilet ( our games dields were away from the school grounds...and yes, those toilets obviously saw a lot of nocturnal action going by the graffiti ). If you flushed the john the tap wouldn’t run. I did it before he went to drink. He caught me and throttled me until I passed out.

My mother met him a couple of years ago. Unmarried he lives with his older, also unmarried, brother in what my mother said was ‘ a somewhat peculiar relationship ‘. She meant incestuous. He sent fond regards. He and his brother had a fine collection of vintage cars and are minted. His was a very eccentric family.

Ah, childhood.

by Anonymousreply 170October 31, 2017 1:58 PM

R169 - your being lectured about war in Europe made me laugh. We were invariably made to chop would or say extra prayers at mass.

by Anonymousreply 171October 31, 2017 1:59 PM

R151 that was lovely. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 172October 31, 2017 2:09 PM

One bully has been in and out of jail for domestic violence and DUIs. At one point, he worked as a plumber's assistant for a friend of mine from high school. He got fired pretty quickly for tardiness.

Another bully a female is a SAHM soccer mom. I did hear some gossip that she and her husband filed for bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 173October 31, 2017 2:10 PM

My bully was my sometimes best friend. He was a hanger-on in different social circles, but it seemed everybody liked him. He was scrawny all through school and did not go through puberty until after high school graduation. But that did not stop him from being verbally abusive. He bullied others, mostly the extremely poor girls who were also poor students, but because he was sometimes so nice to me, it hurt me a lot. It began in sixth grade and continued all the way through high school. He started a rumor in eighth grade that I have a blowjob to a high school guy for a bicentennial silver dollar. It seemed like everybody piled on, even a teacher who once asked me if I collected bicentennial silver dollars.

I confronted him many times, and he always deflected. I last saw him the summer between sophomore and junior years of college. He had gone through puberty by then and had sprouted to about 6' tall. He asked me to hang out; I declined.

He ended up marrying a small town girl from Texas, adopted her daughter, then retired from the Air Force as a Chief Master Sargent. He died from colon cancer two years later. Somebody invited his widow to our private Facebook group, and she posted a series of tribute posts. I noticed that nobody was commenting or liking them. This past summer, I spent a week in my hometown. A classmate hosted a get together for anybody who wanted to come; about 20 (of 61) came. Eventually somebody mentioned Brian. I didn't say anything, until one girl brought up that she never understood why everybody seemed to like him. Then I learned that lots of people in our class felt like he bullied them, but were too timid to say anything lest they be targeted next. I felt a sense of vindication, but did not want to spit on his memory. So I mentally chalked it up to karmic justice.

by Anonymousreply 174October 31, 2017 2:21 PM

He’s a published author. He’d terrorize me almost every day-even threatened me with rape to prove to everyone that I was gay, he said. Now he’s a fucking published author of corporate motivational books. AND according to my cousin, committed incest with two of his own sisters and is also bisexual. He’s a black Republican now living in Denver Colorado...I still hate him. Can’t believe how successful he is.

by Anonymousreply 175October 31, 2017 4:00 PM

I just looked mine up. Of course she's married to a successful surgeon and is a cheerleading coach with 2 children (boy and a girl!). She still looks like a chimpanzee.

Bitch made my life hell.

by Anonymousreply 176October 31, 2017 4:06 PM

I had a somewhat similar experience like R174, but with a high school teacher. This teacher bullied me and some other students. Somehow it seemed that other teachers and many students liked him. After he retired, he got thrown in jail for domestic violence of a girlfriend. It later came out that he abused his ex-wife. His reputation was damaged. Later on, I would find out from school friends that they really didn't like him all that much either.

by Anonymousreply 177October 31, 2017 10:01 PM

Long Beach is south of LA and when I was a kid, there was a story about a high school teacher down there who was gunned down in front of his house as he got into his car to go to work. The thing was, everyone said he was popular and loved by all the students and his fellow teachers, and I remember thinking that he was either a phony or had terminally bad luck since his was just a murder with no robbery and no conclusion...

Florence King always said that people people tend to get murdered because they involve themselves with people that loners would run from.

by Anonymousreply 178October 31, 2017 10:13 PM

Helen rocks, R149.

by Anonymousreply 179October 31, 2017 10:27 PM

It's sad and disturbing to read how many of you were bullied as children, mostly for being gay and different. That really sucks.

There was a kid that everyone picked on when I was in 3rd grade. He had some sort of speech impediment, was awkward socially and had bad allergies and wasn't very good about wiping his nose. Sort of a recipe for disaster. I remember his mother coming in to talk to our class about how bad we all made him feel. (No one ever wanted to sit next to him or be his partner in any recess-related activity.)

I wasn't one of the ringleaders--I wasn't that kind of kid--but I laughed along with everyone else and never stood up for him.

I've tracked him down on Facebook (he had an unusual name, to add to his woes) and he appears to have graduated from a good college and have a good job. Can't tell if he's married or not (most of the profile is not public.) Sometimes I think about getting in touch and saying "hey, sorry we were all such dicks to you" but 3rd grade was a long time ago, he moved away shortly thereafter and I have no idea if he'd even remember who I was.

Would you all want to hear an apology from a classmate in this situation? Or let bygones be bygones?

by Anonymousreply 180October 31, 2017 10:48 PM

Didn't read your whole post R180. Tbh I don't associate or care for people like you. That's probably how whoever you were talking about feels, too. We just don't care about you, just like you didn't care about us. Except we picked up quite a few skills and our lives are pretty cool - no, you're not invited.

Seriously, what are you doing on this board. Your presence is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 181October 31, 2017 10:54 PM

Mine died from a motorcycle accident.

by Anonymousreply 182October 31, 2017 11:01 PM

If you're that triggered R181, can I suggest you never really got over it and probably still have a lot to work through before you can ever be happy.

by Anonymousreply 183October 31, 2017 11:05 PM

I didn't have a specific bully but I was picked on by a few boys. Junior year I shot up to about 6'2 and they left me alone. One of them sent me a friend's request on Facebook a few years ago and I accepted. He was hot when we were in high school and I always felt he was closeted or bi-sexual. He actually pinched my ass once. He sent me a message asked how I was and said he was sorry if he was a dick to me. I replied it's ok, your're bald now. He's a hot daddy now.

by Anonymousreply 184October 31, 2017 11:18 PM

"Have any of you who were bullied managed to forgive your bullies?"

I'm not a doormat Christian. I "forgive" someone for accidentally bumping me, or stepping on my foot, etc. I don't "forgive" deliberate cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 185October 31, 2017 11:44 PM

Hung himself in the local jail.

by Anonymousreply 186November 1, 2017 1:24 AM

I've had a few people try to physically come after me but I beat the living shit out of them, and surprise surprise, they never bullied me again.

by Anonymousreply 187November 1, 2017 3:48 AM

R180 I'm sure you're a good person. But leave it be. Your wanting to contact him is to assuage your own guilt. Let him enjoy life and flourish.

by Anonymousreply 188November 1, 2017 3:59 AM

Hadn't thought of my tormentor at all these past 20 years, just googled him to discover he is a real estate salesman for a 3rd string agency in a crap suburb in Central California. Divorced, 2 kids. Looks easily 20 years older than his age. A bit ashamed to say that it gives me not inconsiderable pleasure to discover he is living a life of utter mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 189November 1, 2017 4:36 AM

I have 2 bullies, one from middle school and one from high school. Both girls.

Middle school bully still lives in our hometown and is a real estate agent. Her and all her bitchy friends are still hanging out together in our hometown. None of them went to college.

High school bully dropped out of university to marry an ugly guy who is also a college drop out. Her and her husband rent a room out of a house where several other people live which I think is strange, I didn't know people did that. I only know this because she posted a photo of her house, address and everything, publicly on facebook.

High school bully also still lives in our hometown and she's still friends with the same people from high school, who are also college dropouts or never attended college.

Both of my bullies seem very desperate for attention on social media which to me screams insecurity.

I have recently gotten in touch with high school bully's (closeted) dad who i'm pretty sure has always had a crush on me. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I used to be good friends with high school bully before she became a mean girl, so that's how her dad knows me.

by Anonymousreply 190November 1, 2017 6:05 AM

He's sucking my dick as I'm typing this.

by Anonymousreply 191November 1, 2017 6:09 AM

R46, "happy to see my husband and ME."

by Anonymousreply 192November 1, 2017 6:50 AM

R116, by the way, where were you when Miss Gina took a tumble?

by Anonymousreply 193November 1, 2017 7:07 AM

R193 I was, regrettably, 2,422 miles away

by Anonymousreply 194November 1, 2017 7:25 AM

My bullies were three girls, and believe me, karma’s a bitch.

One of them tried her bullying crap at work and got ganged up on by EIGHT women who worked there. They made her life such a living hell she moved out of state.

Same thing happened to the other one. She tried bullying people at work and they all ganged up on her, forcing her to quit. This happened at five different jobs.

The other one had a baby and suffered from severe post-partum depression. She’s so medicated she looks like a zombie; there’s no life in her eyes.

I don’t feel sorry for any of them. This just proves there is a God.

by Anonymousreply 195November 1, 2017 4:55 PM

Also forgot the to mention that my high school bully tried to follow me on instagram a few years ago. I ignored her.

I dont understand why bullies come back around a few years later and try to follow or friend you on social media. What is the motive behind this behavior?

by Anonymousreply 196November 1, 2017 7:12 PM

Junior high school girl's basketball and P.E. coach bullied me for a while. Private redneck school in the Mississippi. He would ask me sarcastic and laughter generating questions in front of the homeroom class. Baiting type questions. He would break down my answers in a mean way so that everyone including his "girls" would all make fun of me. He would laugh and jeer with them. It was awful at the time. He was also the P.E. coach. After a while, I told my momma about it. She was the tennis coach at my school. She also was about the same age as the coach, and knew him through her high school days. I've never seen my mom that angry, ever. She rarely lost her temper. I had P.E. class with him the next morning. She arranged somehow for me to not be in class with him the next day, and said she was gonna have a "chat" with Paul. I'm not sure what she said, but I never had any problems from him anymore. A couple of my friends were in P.E. that morning, and they said we saw your mom chewing out Coach Ervin. He rarely made eye contact with me after that.

by Anonymousreply 197November 1, 2017 8:03 PM

Interesting story R197.

by Anonymousreply 198November 1, 2017 10:03 PM

Okay - so let’s switch it up. What’s the most diabolically subtle way you can get revenge? I’ll start: 1) let the air out of one tire only, no slashing 2) unscrew license plate (s) and throw them away 3) roundup on strategically placed bush or tree (again just one!) 4) Order 10 pizzas to be delivered 5) Have electric or water shut off - in some places, it only takes a phone call ?

by Anonymousreply 199November 2, 2017 3:32 AM

R180,

Yes. I'd welcome such a note.

by Anonymousreply 200November 2, 2017 7:41 PM

He hung himself about age 15. His friend did so the next day. Once I learned of auto-erotic asphyxiation I always suspected that. It’s sad all around.

by Anonymousreply 201November 2, 2017 9:20 PM

My bully used to schedule fights after school with kids who struck him as effeminate.

He went on to inherit a $150 million business from his dad.

H lived in Puerto Rico where he liked to go out on his yacht and consume lots of booze and cocaine. On one of these outings, he died of a heart attack.

I laughed very hard when I heard. But now I have forgiven him and hope he is in Heaven. Aren't I nice?

by Anonymousreply 202November 2, 2017 9:27 PM

By the way, "The Gift" is a terrific movie with Jason Bateman on this very subject.

by Anonymousreply 203November 2, 2017 9:28 PM

Yep, there's something very potent that Jason Bateman conveys when you look at him. Don't know why type of shit went on, but there's something still today. He's an interesting actor.

by Anonymousreply 204November 2, 2017 9:39 PM

A few years ago, I raced to my grandmother's house because she wasn't answering her phone. When I arrive, I see she's been loaded into an ambulance after falling and breaking her leg. As I look at her through the back window, the EMT beside me asked if I had lived on XYZ Street when I was a kid (he must have recognized our last name). When I said yes, he said, "I lived next door." In that moment, I recognized him: the 3-years-older tormentor who chased me from yard to yard, called me all sorts of names, and punched me in the gut taking away my breath (and confidence). Every fiber of my being wanted to whoop his ass, which would have been easy. He must have seen the rage in my eyes. Neither of us said a word; he turned and got into the ambulance cab, and I got into my car to follow them to the hospital. He was gone by the time I arrived at the ER. That was a very surreal experience.

by Anonymousreply 205November 3, 2017 1:05 AM

Bump! Want to hear about how miss karma goes after them bullies.

by Anonymousreply 206December 11, 2020 12:11 PM

Died young.

by Anonymousreply 207December 11, 2020 12:28 PM

No idea but I can't imagine her going very far in life being so dumb and bitchy. I don't remember her last name anyway so I can't check.

by Anonymousreply 208December 11, 2020 12:34 PM

My worst bully was a member of this horrible family of addicts and thieves. I knew, even as a child, that he would end up like the rest of them. I looked him up a few years ago, and he started on exactly the path I imagined (arrests for DUI and dealing in stolen property, multiple stints in jail, etc.), then he married a rich girl and cleaned his life up.

From what I gather from his social media is that he's not in contact with his family.

The other interesting thing I found was that he was listed in his now-wife's mother's obit as her "loving friend and caregiver." I'm guessing that he weaseled his way into a sick old lady's life and seduced her daughter. His family is infamous locally for latching onto sick/dying people.

by Anonymousreply 209December 11, 2020 12:49 PM

UPDATE: He had his wife filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. I guess her money has run out.

The last time I did a search on him (back in 2018) he and his wife had just bought some ugly McMansion outside Knoxville. I hope they lose it.

by Anonymousreply 210December 11, 2020 12:54 PM

I went to a small high school in a small country town, yet was never hassled, despite my gay clothes and demeanor. Until, one day, a stoner dude showed up from the big city and started mumbling "fag" whenever he was around me. Luckily, my older brother was captain of the football team and a senior and he threatened the guy and I never heard another word from him. My older brother was probably the reason I was never bullied.

by Anonymousreply 211December 11, 2020 12:55 PM

I went to a Catholic boys school. Our bully got expelled after he got caught throwing an eraser at a teachers head. I remember his dad came to pick him up and the kid was bawling like a bitch. Not so tough. Few years later he got into serious trouble and spent a few years in a boys detention center. When he got out he was practically catatonic and afraid of his own shit. He was a very pretty white boy and I can only imagine what he must have gone through in there. I’m thinking Linda Blair I’m Born Innocent. Not so tough huh George?

by Anonymousreply 212December 11, 2020 12:58 PM

She may be living in a NJ suburb not far from the one we grew up in. She was a total cunt to me on the school bus every morning for two years. She always sat behind me because of the order in which the bus picked us up. It filled up from back to front, and hers was the stop before mine. My purported girlfriend, Rose Marie, and I got on at the same stop and sat in front of Betsy the Cunt and her friend Kathleen, and had to listen to her vaginations for half an hour every morning.

If she had a miserable adulthood, she earned it. I try to forgive people, because who holds onto a grudge for that long, and karma may take care of them, anyway.

The person who treated me worst in the world got Lou Gehrig's Disease. I never wished anything bad on him, but if someone had to get it, why not him? He wasn't a bully, just a complete and total asshole who worked behind the scenes to ruin my life. Maybe Betsy had something like that happen. IDK. Until this thread, I hadn't thought of her once since 1967.

by Anonymousreply 213December 11, 2020 1:00 PM

R190 I grew up in a poor, rural town, so the "elite" people were all "small town rich."

I was shocked when I googled the "rich" people I knew in high school and saw that almost none of them went to college (the one exception is the girl who became a pharmacist) and they all live in our home town.

by Anonymousreply 214December 11, 2020 1:01 PM

My childhood bully was about 15 years old and I was barely school-age. If I was walking to the store with my friends, and he was anywhere nearby, he'd come over and harass us unmercifully, saying terrible things about us.

He grew up to be a United Church of Canada minister. It figures.

by Anonymousreply 215December 11, 2020 1:31 PM

Every person who bullied me throughout my life is living what seems to be a charmed life. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 216December 13, 2020 7:40 PM

My brother visited this Friday, and this subject came up. He reminded me of Hershel Bunch, who tormented us back in 7th grade. I told him he's dead, and he replied, "Good!" I don't know the details of the death: I just happened to see one of those tacky tributes to him on the back window of a car.

He then brought up Bob Hanke, from our 8th grade class. He told me that Bob and another guy had cornered him in the restroom and tried getting him to eat some candy that they had soiled. When I told him that Bob is also dead (I had looked him up online a couple of years ago), he just said, "Good riddance!"

It's sad how you can carry those feelings of humiliation for such a long time. My brother and I knew these two assholes back in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 217December 13, 2020 9:06 PM

One day, I pulled into a random gas station and he was the attendant. He didn't recognize me, but I recognized him immediately. I filled up the tank, had him clean all windshields and check the oil.

He sounded like he'd barely managed to graduate high school, if at all. I felt sorry for him and gave him a big tip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 13, 2020 9:20 PM

i had a very smart mouth that i usually deployed offensively before someone came after me for being gay.

i'm sure that smart mouth came across as bullying to someone.

by Anonymousreply 219December 13, 2020 9:41 PM

Mine bully were mainly boys in my class after Jerry W. somehow found out over a summer that I was gay. Jerry W. died (natural causes) but I often wondered who told him. I never attended any school reunions and had absolutely no desire to "be friends."

by Anonymousreply 220December 13, 2020 9:58 PM

Don’t know. I’ve actually wondered.

Probably dead from an OD, homicide or suicide.

by Anonymousreply 221December 13, 2020 10:01 PM

Grew up to be one of DLs greatest queens!

by Anonymousreply 222December 13, 2020 10:02 PM

Last I knew he was in prison but that was a long time ago. He became a very dangerous man.

by Anonymousreply 223December 13, 2020 10:03 PM

[R7]: Mom?

You’re right. Somehow I never thought of her as a bully. But she really was. Died of metastatic liver cancer in 1987, at age 78.

She more or less constantly belittled me, sometimes in front of people she didn’t even know. At my wedding to my now ex-wife, during the reception, friends were coming up to me and saying she was telling everyone I didn’t “deserve” to be married to my wife.

If it wasn’t that, it was something else. There was always something else. She was relentless.

When I was a hospice nurse for eight years, I learned people lived longest who were controlling, mean, angry people, but that longer life was filled with increased pain, frustration, and despair. It took my mother six months straight to linger into painful, swollen death.

by Anonymousreply 224December 13, 2020 11:33 PM

One dealt heroin. He obliged when a client asked him to shoot him up (as he hadn't done it before), and when the client died he and a few others drove the body off a back road and left him there. He eventually got twenty-five to life. He's still in prison, and that was in 2002 or so.

The second has been in and out of jail on drug and other related charges. He once thought it was a good idea to sell drugs out of the motel right next to the state police barracks. He's probably in jail or prison right now. I haven't checked in a while.

The third met a nice man and has been in a relationship going on fifteen or twenty years. Years ago, he and his husband happened to walk into the bar I was patronizing. I obviously remembered him, but didn't feel any kind of way, except that I would continue to enjoy my evening. He recognized me immediately.

Ultimately, he told me how his life had changed, and how he still felt immense guilt about what he'd done. He bought me a few rounds, and then I reciprocated. He's a genuinely good guy, and I don't always agree with his husband, but the husband is okay too. Sometimes, they're not all bad. And I give him credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 225December 13, 2020 11:47 PM

All kids are assholes. When I think of people who made my life hell, there were 3 I really HATED. I've stepped foot in my hometown MAYBE 4 times since graduation 15 years ago. This thread made me look them up.

Matt was a dick to me in grade school. Daily harassment until I had enough and put him in a headlock in class. He left me alone after that and we became friendlyish in high school. He has a wife and two kids, seems like an average suburban life. I'd say hi if we crossed paths, which is super unlikely.

Brian was a homophobic asshole in high school. He'd mockingly flirt with me (I wasn't interested, though he had hot friends) and call me names, give me shit at every opportunity. Eventually I went to the vice principal. He was on the football team, nothing was done. No idea at all what happened to him. He has no social media presence and nothing at all on google. He may be dead, but he hasn't done anything notable in his life.

My favorite findings: Jennifer. She was a bitch in high school, acted like her shit didn't stink, and loved to give me grief. One day I got fed up and dumped her purse down the stairwell. She had a good body in high school, but I don't know what happened to her since because she is husky as hell now (and no, she hasn't had kids yet). She had a strapless, sleeveless wedding dress and rolls of fat were spilling everywhere. 10 pounds of cunt in a 5 pound dress. She must cry if she looks at pics from high school. She's a born again real estate agent in our tiny hometown.

by Anonymousreply 226December 14, 2020 12:07 AM

I don’t know. Nothing, I think. Just living life.

by Anonymousreply 227December 14, 2020 12:35 AM

I was never bullied in school, on the contrary, I was a fierce protector of the bullied. I very rarely had to resort to violence (but being a small academic kid, my motto was 'strike first, strike hard'). But after a couple of instances, verbal threats worked very well. I once told a much older kid that he might take me down, but I'd come back with a bat. I think the teachers appreciated the informal reinforcement, I never got in trouble. Mostly, though, I was a bit suicidal and didn't really care much.

The bully was my father, and he was relentless until I was big enough that he couldn't physically beat me. And basically, everyone in my family was driven to suicidal thoughts. Unfortunately, my mother couldn't escape his insane rantings, being ill and not willing to go into nursing care. And I couldn't really escape because he had her and I had to care for her so she wouldn't be alone with him. But she died, and now he's in his own little hell of wanting to be loved and everyone just wanting to stay far away from him. I'm the only one who will even answer the phone when he calls (despite being his least favorite child).

I try to keep in mind that he's just mentally ill. But my sympathy only goes so far because of what he put us through. I won't risk my mental health for him, like I did for mom.

by Anonymousreply 228December 14, 2020 12:42 AM

One of my bullies went nowhere in life, last we heard he was in the Seattle area trying to become a firefighter. The other, oddly, became the head of a major American Buddhist organization. I always wanted to go there and expose him for the little creep he was in school. But like all religious organizations, they would have told me that it didn't matter because he had found Buddha and he was atoning for his past sins (and past lives, perhaps).

I hate religions. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 229December 14, 2020 12:47 AM

My bully was, sadly, my best friend. He was a gifted actor who made me feel safe and respected. We told each other everything, from sixth grade to tenth grade. We practically lived at each other's houses in the summers. I went to (very small) school one day sophomore year and everybody sniggered at me as I walked by. He told somebody virtually everything I ever said – about being gay, who I crushed on, the very limited sexual experiences I had up to that point, etc. That year of school was hell. Even underclassmen and teachers bullied me verbally.

Bully died of colon cancer about ten years ago, age 44. Turns out, he was a bully blackmailer to a lot of other people.

by Anonymousreply 230December 14, 2020 1:09 AM

He showed up at my door after we chatted on Grindr. He had a faceless pic and was just looking to suck off a big dick. I recognized him immediately but, because I was wearing my mask, he couldn't see my face. He didn't care all that much. He was high and just hungry for dick. I didn't want him in my place so I led him into a dark stairwell where he thought he was gonna suck me off. I told him to kneel in front of me, I took my dick out, but instead of letting him suck it, I started pissing on his face, then in his mouth. You know what that MotherFucker did? He came! Immediately.

by Anonymousreply 231December 14, 2020 1:32 AM

R230. That is so awful. The betrayal must have been searing. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2020 1:33 AM

I didn't really have a specific bully just an incident with a 'DudeBro" named Chad. it was in gym class and we were doing laps around the track when Chad jumps on my back and says"why don't I take you out back and fuck you" we were in white tee shirts and I am nipping out at his touch and he notices! "You like that don't you" and gets off of me. I held out till the end of class then went apeshit crying and freaking out I went to the principal....they called my "counselor/therapist " I hear Chad ...." Come to the office immediately! " I couldn't be in the same room with him. They made him apologize...I forgave him! He truly seemed apologetic and felt some sort of shame. A few years later after H.S., he came up to the bar My family owned and apologized again and said how bad he felt. He has a nice life. big family but I think one of his kids is special needs and really promotes kindness on his Facebook. Found out later he started a rumor about a friend of mine being gay! He must have an obsession? That's fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 233December 14, 2020 5:17 AM

Memories never leave us no matter how we try and clear them from our mind, it always there lurking. I was foolish in high school, four boys from my class picked me up one evening and we parked in a deserted area. Two of the boys I really liked and when I returned to school the following week everything changed. It appeared everyone knew and I counted the day until graduation. To this day I regret how stupid I was many, many years ago. Time to let go? Yes but those memories will return.

by Anonymousreply 234December 14, 2020 7:51 PM

I am an only child and bookish, dyspraxic so not good at sports, and was pretty awkward socially between the ages of 10 and 14ish. The bullying I faced wasn't physical but social, and consisted in repeated exclusion, then being mocked for being excluded, asked why I had no friends, etc. We lived in an affluent suburb of a big city, so these were mostly overprivileged kids.

I was on the bottom rung of the social ladder, and one of the nastiest characters was probably on the second-from-bottom rung. I remember he took genuine glee in commenting on my exclusion and loneliness. He was repeatedly and deliberately cruel, though eventually I started to do really well in school, and got moved into a higher class than him, and it tailed off after a couple of years - but I've never forgotten it.

About ten years after we all left school I learned he had died. He was in the military (air force) and had flown his plane into a hill while out on a training exercise, taking a colleague with him. It made the news and sparked an enquiry into what went wrong (training procedures, hours of flight time, etc). I don't know how many of these 'he/she died years later' stories in this thread are true, but this one genuinely is.

Occasionally I sit and think about the year he died, and what I'm doing now, and all the fun and exciting things I got to experience in the decade or so since it happened - the wonderful travel experiences, the great sex, the professional success, getting published, getting a PhD, the chances to be creative, the new friends - and then I think that he can't experience any of that, because he's dead. And then I struggle a bit with trying not to feel too glad about it.

Fuck you, K, you nasty, wicked little creep, and I'm sorry for the guy you killed because you fucked up. If there's a hell, which I hope there isn't, you deserve to be there.

by Anonymousreply 235December 23, 2020 3:57 AM

R235 again. In the time since that happened, I've done some more reading on bullying and its consequences. Ostracism (which I dealt with for years) has real, extremely negative and long-lasting effects. It can literally change the structure of the brain. It causes trauma which can affect your relationships years later. I think my childhood experiences still affect me today. They were probably the reason why I ended a friendship around ten years ago with someone I had been quite close to, who let me down in a way which, because of my earlier trauma, I was very unprepared and unable to deal with. I have had to work hard not to come across as too clingy in my friendships, because of the years when I was mercilessly ridiculed for not having any.

If you'd asked me ten years ago, when I went to my ten-year school reunion, I'd have said that it was a long time ago and we'd all grown up since then. Actually, now I know the long-lasting damage that was done to me I am less ready to forgive. I didn't go to my twenty-year reunion last year and I don't want to see the vast majority of old classmates again. Now I work in a university, and I'm very lucky to have my current job, but before I got it when I was looking for work and not getting anything, a relative suggested I try school teaching. I will never work in a school, I would rather pick rubbish off the streets for a job. Schools are miserable places where so many kids' lives are made hell. Being forced to go to school every day with people who hate and torment you can be torture. I wish I could work out some way to restructure society so that the bullied kids can be rescued from that fate because most schools don't have a fucking clue how to deal with bullying.

One guy who did bully me a bit in the early years of school, but stuck up for me later, sincerely apologised a few years ago for what he did and acknowledged how difficult it had been for me. I genuinely forgive him and I do think he is a good guy, and I appreciated his apology because I know it was sincere. I keep friendly relations with him on social media but I'm not sure (if we lived in the same city) that he's someone I could be really close to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 23, 2020 4:12 AM

My ChildHood Bullies:

Most of them ended up being losers; only one is successful (owns his own real estate company in San Diego).

The successful one I looked up on Facebook; he looks really old for his age, and he is married to some basic blonde frau with terrible (tattoed?) eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 237December 23, 2020 4:39 AM

I grew up in a working class area of Brooklyn. One bully, a female, became a prostitute. She was wearing makeup when she was 8 years old!

The others were incredibly stupid, they looked down upon anyone who had actual interests. I was also glad none of these idiots attended the same school I went to.

Even as as kid, I drew and painted, I eventually went to art school. I imagine these idiots ended up with typical city union jobs, their father was a cop. He couldn't discipline his own low-rent nasty brood. The mother showed no emotion, she always looked like the type of woman whose husband beat her. I never once saw her smile. Glad I was only around those losers for about three years.

by Anonymousreply 238December 23, 2020 5:47 AM

This post prompted me to do a quick Google and FB search.

One has become a very successful environmental lawyer. He's actually trying to save the planet. Like most smart lawyers, he's not active on social media.

The other has been less successful. It appears he's now a wellness cook for Aramark. His looks are long gone, and it's interesting to see his posts about BLM on FB. I did see him once after high school. Was in grad school (about a decade after graduating from high school) and was having lunch with my friend and he was my server. He didn't acknowledge recognizing me, but it was a miserable meal for me. And of course my friend from school had no idea what was going on. And worse, five professors from the department also chose to eat at the restaurant that day.

It was amazing how uncomfortable I felt. I was about to graduate from the top business school in the country and had already worked on three continents, yet having to interact with this person brought a rush of all the bad and scary feelings back. The irony of the situation at the moment was that one day in 8th grade he forced my ear to his mouth and he stated, calmly and assuredly, "I am smarter than you, I am better looking than you, I am more successful than you, and I always will be. You are pathetic. You are nothing."

That turned out not to be the case.

It's been almost 25 years since that restaurant encounter. I wonder how I'd handle it now. I think I'd speak to him.

I rarely think about these two men at all. They might have changed. They might be worse. I doubt I'll ever find out. And that's fine. High school and junior high are really short periods of one's life. But at the time they're experienced, they're almost all the life we've known and remembered to that point.

by Anonymousreply 239December 23, 2020 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!