Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sociopath pretends to be a doctor

A sociopath is someone who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They are usually very charismatic so most don't suspect them of such behavior.

I dated a smart, handsome, gay doctor who was an administrator at a local AIDS organization. Quickly, however, I realized that he was constantly borrowing money and tripping over lies. He had a quick temper that only I saw.

Turns out he's not a doctor at all. He just writes on his resume that he had graduated from medical school in Argentina and that he has administrative experience with AIDS organizations.

Because he never applies for a clinical role (you have to finish residency in the US to work here as a medical doctor), no employer investigates his claim that he has an MD. He gets job after job using those "credentials" only to get fired once they realize that he's terrible (he doesn't have any real background in administration either) and that he constantly overdraws funds for personal needs like travel.

He is currently the CEO of such an organization in the South. It's amazing to me that none of these organizations does its due diligence before offering a high position to such a fraud. He makes over $150K by lying on his resume.

And the lying on the resume is just the tip of the iceberg. Mercifully, I got out of that relationship quickly.

by Anonymousreply 229December 29, 2022 2:36 PM

So what's his name? Expose the man. Otherwise there's little point to this story. If he's doing harm expose him and stop his antics. Did he hurt you? I'm sorry you dated a bad guy, but, I don't know what your goal is with this unless you want him exposed.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2014 2:56 AM

I agree with R1. Why are you being coy OP?

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2014 3:09 AM

He didn't hurt me much but is hurting the gay community by preying off these AIDS organizations.

Will naming him ban this thread?

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2014 3:09 AM

I dated someone in Chicago who claimed he was a lawyer who had graduated from U of C. There was always something a little off about him, and he had a great way of deflecting questions, etc. It turns out that he was a law student at a second-rate law school, and had lied about everything: where he was from, where he went to college, etc. I suspect he was a psychopath. I believe that he is dead; he called me about 20 years ago to tell me he had hiv, and, I suspect, it might have killed him at this point. I hope he found peace.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2014 3:15 AM

OP, is this the guy? Just googled some of the clues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2014 12:05 PM

useless without pictures

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2014 12:27 PM

This guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2014 12:29 PM

OP, contact the organization too, and the police.

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2014 12:57 PM

That's some screwed up shit

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2014 1:11 PM

I heard that someone from his old job did contact his current job, but they didn't seem to care (I assume because they may be embarrassed they chose him without looking deeper into his background--he doesn't have any of the degrees he claims-- MD,MPH,MS).

Police don't care because he's not actually practicing as a clinical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2014 2:01 PM

Someone needs to send this thread to the Atlanta Journal Constitution and let them do their job.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Dear OP:

I strongly suggest you learn to use Trolldar before you start multiple postings...

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2014 2:46 PM

I imagine this type of behaviour is quite common.

Unless you are a career academic, or a clinician, or a teacher, or in another role where you will be responsible for others' health or learning, how usual is it for your employer to request documented proof of the academic qualifications you claim to have?

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2014 3:08 PM

I sent the links to the media.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2014 3:11 PM

R7 The new organization he's the CEO of is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2014 3:13 PM

R12, what other stuff has OP posted? If his/her OP post is false then it's possible he's trying to smear AIDS organizations' reputation and trying to stop people donating money to them by making it sound like money might go to this guy he/she is talking about. This would be an act of pure evil. If that's the case I hope admins report his/her ip to the police.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2014 3:18 PM

The article posted by R5 shows there's some validity to the original claim.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2014 3:21 PM

Uhhhh...what school in Argentina ??

Just ....wondering.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2014 3:28 PM

R17, you are the OP, why don't you say so in your posts? Are you saying that you dated the guy in R5's article? If you are telling the truth you should contact media or police yourself because you seem to know the facts better than others.

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2014 3:30 PM

As the OP, I promise everything in my post is absolutely true.

He claims to have gone to Medical School in Buenos Aires.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2014 3:31 PM

R19 some others affected by the same guy did contact the gay media in Atlanta, but all his organization did was deny it. Not much the media will do otherwise--they weren't going to Argentina to check on his credentials themselves.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2014 3:34 PM

OP is also R3/5/9/10.

R16/19 are the same. R15/17 are ths same.

Just keeping track for the trolldar challenged.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2014 3:35 PM

It's not 1879. No one has to take a ship to Argentina to check on his credentials. We have phones and computers and other devices which make such things possible.

OP lost credibility when he sock-puppeted himself with multiple posts.

Now I am bored.

by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2014 3:39 PM

Let's change the title of this thread to "Sociopath Pretends to Be Concerned OP."

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2014 3:41 PM

R22, OP is also R15 and R17. He's posting from two different ip's.

He could be telling the truth but it's hard to know.

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2014 3:42 PM

OP, why are you so certain this gay sociopath has never heard of datalounge and never visits it?

Because, you don't seem too concerned that he might see your post here, realise his ex-partner is trying to expose him, and go after you.

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2014 3:44 PM

OP - Contact Matt Hennie over at Project Q Atlanta with your story. He loves dirt like this or try T. Wheatley over at Creative Loafing he might have interest.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2014 3:46 PM

OP ...the fake doctor is IN THE HOUSE. !!!!

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2014 3:49 PM

That may be R23, but in practice American employers do not check foreign credentials.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2014 5:52 PM

I posted a few times in this thread because I had comments to make a few times in this thread. Most of the time I would hit "save post " forgetting to write OP in the author section. Why does that make what I say suspect ?

This is exactly the problem with this situation. The reason this faker doesn't get stopped is, every time someone tries to take it to the organization or the media, the whistleblower is the one who gets accused of having some ulterior motive.

As for finding his medical school degree, no medical school, even in the US, lists its graduates on line. The graduate had to give permission for the school to release that information. It's likely that he doctored up a diploma and the employers take that as proof enough.

I know he didn't go to medical school-- in fact when I met his mom, she asked, really wondering if she missed something major, " Did my son go to medical school?" because everyone was calling him doctor. He's a pathological liar who moves on to new friends and bfs as soon as everyone figures out he's lying.

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2014 5:58 PM

R26 He already knows I'm after his fake ass, just like a number of his other ex-bfs.

I'm only revealing the tip of the iceberg, which includes his owing thousands of dollars to various exes, many of whom are suing him, his bringing home a kid from Haiti under shady circumstances (he just lost custody of that child to a friend who was helping raise her-- he would go out partying constantly while the kid stayed with the friend. The case which just concluded in NYC has every detail of his lying life because tons of exes testified, but I doubt the final ruling is available publicly for his employer to read), his working as a clinical doctor with a Haitian aid group (no bars to working clinically in Haiti like in the US), and on and on and on.

He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Because, OP, you address yourself as the OP and attempt to engage yourself in conversation. I refer to this:

"OP, is this the guy? Just googled some of the clues."

That was you addressing yourself. That is suspect. Not only that, it's just plain ol' weird. You are asking yourself a question. Don't say it's a rhetorical device. It's just weird, especially given the context of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2014 6:14 PM

Yes, that was stupid.

thought that if I personally revealed the name, the thread would get banned because. I can offer no absolute proof of the accusations.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2014 6:25 PM

Who cares what the OP's motives are? He rightly exposed a fraud and I hope that asshole imposter MD goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2014 6:27 PM

GW Bush pretended to be president, and it worked out very well for him. He has a bodyguard at your expense for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2014 7:19 PM

What would it mean to check credentials? Unless the American employer is knowledgeable about Argentinian medical schools and personnel and practices, they couldn't be sure that any "checking" they did was real. The candidate could make a fake website, a fake diploma, give them phone numbers of friends and relatives....It is as easy as shit to fake foreign credentials.

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2014 7:21 PM

Contact Matt.

He's no journalist. No ethics whatsoever.

He's the Hedda Hopper of Atlanta, waiting to dig up dirt and "expose" people for his own jollies.

Actually, anyone have any dirt on this freak? He's equally a blight on our community. Matt, go away.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2014 11:51 AM

If he's a sociopath OP, I would be more cautious about revealing your attempts to nail him on a gay message board.

It's obvious what you need to do , if you wish - report your concerns to the police and the employer, then let it go. His history of deceit will then be registered with the cops, and may be useful to them in building a case against him should he ever break the law.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2014 12:03 PM

[quote]GW Bush pretended to be president, and it worked out very well for him.

He was also Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces and, at the same time, was a military deserter. He went AWOL from the Texas Air National Guard and all his miliatary records have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 39September 3, 2014 5:39 PM

I'd be surprised if it was the guy at R7. He held an actual medical position for at least one healthcare facility.

by Anonymousreply 40September 3, 2014 5:50 PM

It IS the guy at R7.

None of his positions were clinical in nature (meaning he never actually practice medicine on a patient), per his CV.

He has been arrested in the past for writing a prescription without a license, however.

by Anonymousreply 41September 6, 2014 3:25 AM

Scary!

by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2014 4:02 AM

THE GUY RESIGNED after less than a year in his CEO position!!!

They found out Jose Diaz isn't a real doctor!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2015 2:39 AM

Not only is he not a Dr., he is a HORRIBLE father!!!! I worked he and his 20 something lover taking care " of the daughter I rescued from Haiti"! And get this....,he spanks her if she lies!!!! Isn't that rich!! Anyway, these cats found me on Urban Sitter, after they moved into an apartment in the Castro. They said the needed someone "immediately" from Monday evening to Sunday midnight because they had to go to Puerto Rico to buy a Hotel. I said that to interview and spend time with them and her I could only commit to Tuesday 7:00 am thru Sunday midnight at $200 a day. They fine, and I got in my car to meet them. I met the young one first, and I was told the good Dr was meeting patients, but would around soon. The boyfriend shows me the house, tells me about the daughter and then says the weirdest thing I have ever been told in a childcare interview. "You can drink and smoke while you are here"! " There are liquor stores up and down the street". He also tells me the Dr has cancer, but is fighting the good fight. We walk to the girls school, then to her school. As we are walking I am told, basically that she is a beast but that the good Dr saved during his brave work in Haiti doing AIDS relief. When the good Dr. shows up, he smells of day old liquor, you know, like someone with a drinking problem. I get it!! No sweat! So hears the real deal

1. They lied and said they missed 3 flights and were 3 days late which meant that I missed other jobs and the Urban Sitter platform will no longer use me because those clients said I was unreliable because I couldn't leave her.

2. He was to send me my fee by PayPal the day they left, and every time I asked him or his friend they said "oh, what's your email", or " we sent it"

3. They left no petty cash but still asked me make keys for their apartment, pay for her class pictures, get her mani/pedi, buy groceries, etc.. And they would add it to the already non-existent PayPal. When I asked their housekeeper "you know, I'm spending a lot of my own money, and they haven't even paid my fee, do they pay you"? She said " yeah, they pay". She called me in April, very upset and said they owe her $2,500, and she has kids

4. When I went home to see my boyfriend, my cat, water plants, he got upset and threatened to call CPS....it was 3 hours before school let out wackadoo. And he was supposed to be home two days prior. So I drive back into the city, only to be told, "my friend will do it"! "we didn't expect this behavior from you"! I found out he didn't get home until Tuesday night. So he wasn't even on a plane when he texting me then. But flying far, far, far from the truth

5. He texted that he had a PI following me and my boyfriend, his attorney named Paris was going take me to court ( is that from the movie??),

6. He still owes me and Sylvia $1800 to me ( I charge a late fee) and he's in debt collection with me

7. Look him up on Linkdin-This morning I contacted 7 on Your Side in San Francisco because he listed himself as being the Owner/Founding Partner of another fictitious medical practice Pacific Health Partners LLC. Something must have happened from then till now. Oops mf'r.

And the most important thing he wanted his daughter to leave behind in Haiti-------LIES

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2016 12:10 AM

[quote]no medical school, even in the US, lists its graduates on line.

That's bullshit doge and distract answer. You can check anyone's background online through a background check service and through the school directly. They dont just randomly post peoples names on line, but if you call a school and ask if someone graduated they can provide if that is true or not. Only grades are private.

by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Corporate America at its finest. Call yourself a CEO, no one checks your background, they pay you high salary and golden parachute. Often times you dont even need knoledge of the profession to boss people around. Sociopath is actually common trait among CEOs as recent studies have show.

Its all about bravado and acing like you know what you are doing even if you are losing billions of dollars in profits and tanking the company stock. Take it from a professional, I should know.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2016 1:03 AM

Your either Poo Shoes or the Aspergers Troll, OP...as r32 already pointed out, you're slipping :(

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2016 1:04 AM

This is the strangest thread I've stumbled upon in years of DL

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2016 1:08 AM

I've known this guy for about 18 years. I've seen hints over the years of his potential to be a LIAR - but I've dealt with it myself over the last 16 months. His latest most tragic lie is that he was worth $84 Million (which he didn't know), but his lawyer embezzled most of his life savings. As a result, the IRS "froze his assets" leaving him unable to make payment to any of his creditors. I'm aware of his stint in San Francisco (because we were "friends" then), and I know that at least portions of the babysitter's story are true (I'm guessing they are ALL true). Last I knew, he's in Oklahoma, and he had another organization revoke their CEO job offer to him (news articles available online). I'd love more details on where he is now if anyone has them.

by Anonymousreply 49December 21, 2016 9:21 PM

I am trolldar challenged with this new fangled design. Please tell me how to do it now.

Thank you kindly in advance.

by Anonymousreply 50December 21, 2016 9:32 PM

This guy seems to be using 2 slightly different names. Dr. Jose R. Hennessey Diaz and Dr. Jose Rodriguez-Diaz.

How stupid can these organizations be? It's the same guy. He used the Hennessey Diaz name when he was the director at the Metrolina Aids Project in 2009 ending in his suspension and finally resignation over credentials. He used the Rodriguez-Diaz name in Atlanta.

This will end in tears and gunshots.

by Anonymousreply 51December 21, 2016 10:26 PM

Okay I am officially fascinated by this.

I found this article about his Atlanta job from June 2014 about halfway through his tenure. At the bottom of the article there is a comment from someone saying this guy is a fraud and a quack which was posted back in 2014. This also makes no mention of his time at Metrolina in 2009. I wonder now about the alleged job at the North Shore hospital. Also his current Linked pages lies about his Atlanta job dates - but I'm sure that's just a typo. 🙄 LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 21, 2016 10:39 PM

He recently told me that he went to Dubai in 2015 (I saw him soon before that trip) and purchased two custom BMW's on his AMEX Card. One is at his property in Florida (he says) the other is still in Dubai. Just more fun lies - though this one is harmless. Let's also keep in mind that he admits to doing all kinds of drugs.... he was always so free in telling me how high he was on different scenario's and I always thought "how awful that a "Doctor" engages so freely in the PnP lifestyle"

by Anonymousreply 53December 21, 2016 11:21 PM

Let's not forget all the property he says he owns: Fire Island (which was to be sold a year ago), Fort Lauderdale, apartment buildings in NYC, I believe London...

by Anonymousreply 54December 21, 2016 11:22 PM

Sorry, R53/R54, but where did you see this guy? In person? Where was he?

by Anonymousreply 55December 21, 2016 11:25 PM

R/55 - I met him YEARS ago online... we became friends - dinner, clubs, concerts, other stuff... but we lived in different cities so I wasn't too involved in his life. He hired me a while back though - and that's when I discovered that he doesn't pay bills to me or others. You should hear some of the other stories!!!

by Anonymousreply 56December 21, 2016 11:48 PM

I certainly hope his cancer is in remission.

by Anonymousreply 57December 21, 2016 11:54 PM

What is it with the nerves of steel with these guys? I am fascinated by all aspects of this crap- I dated Dan Kaufman, the Montauk grifter and had never really heard of anyone like these people before in real life.

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2016 12:02 AM

R/57: I think the cancer may be legit. It's certainly unfortunate for him and those close to him, but it's also unfortunate that he has stolen from those close to him and gotten so many people involved in his web of deceit.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2016 2:05 PM

The cancer is bull shit like everything else. He uses it as an excuse to get out of situations and suddenly he's all better.

R44, you will never get paid. He's left so much debt behind-- bfs, nannies, even a synagogue where he had a wedding ceremony in NYC.

He just moves from state to state and starts up again.

He gets away with so much because of his charisma. You really want to be his friend. He's charming and happy until you see how he reacts to people who come to collect debts. He become a monster

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2016 3:27 PM

He's what I know: he brought a kid from Haiti during one of his mission trips. Because of the sneaky way he did it, the organization he went with kicked him out.

He told everyone she was here for syphillis treatment (even her mother) plus he told everyone that he mother had killed the girl's siblings so he was trying to save her. When in the US, turns out she might or might not have syphillis but he convinced the courts to name him the girl's guardian, the first step to adoption.

He asked a female friend to help raise the girl (along with a parade of bfs). Jose would be gone for days and then return totally fucked up. The female friend sued for sole custody. At the court hearing, many previous bfs came to testify what a terrible person Jose is and the thousands he owes them. Jose supposedly had stolen the resume of a doctor and claimed that it was his resume (and that's how he gets his jobs). That doc testified.

The court gave full custody to the friend. The friend then married and got pregnant. The Haitian girl was being violent towards the pregnant friend. Fearful she might hurt the fetus or eventually the baby, the friend gave up custody back to Jose. Jose, when he got fired from his Atlanta job, flew to SF and took the girl with her.

Unfortunately the trial records are sealed as this was the case of a minor.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2016 5:52 PM

He's now the CEO of Rocking Horse Community Health Center in Ohio. His list of "credentials" are hilarious because he's trained supposedly in everything!

Check out the article about him below:

Doesn't anyone do a fucking google search before hiring lately??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2016 7:00 PM

So, has anyone called the Rocking Horse Community Health Center in Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2016 8:21 PM

62 and 63 - his offer from Rocking Horse was rescinded - articles are available online supporting this- dated November 2016. He seems to have gone into hiding now too... though I suspect he is still with his sister in Oklahoma. If anyone has an address - I'd love it to be shared... I'm thinking about taking him to court over funds he owes me.

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2016 9:14 PM

[quote] Rocking Horse’s presence in the community is what lured Rodriguez-Diaz to the community, he said.

Translation: I saw some rubes and went in for the kill. Suckahs!

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2016 9:53 PM

This motherfucker faked his MD too and would have gotten away with it had he not killed his wife for his ugly mistress named Gypsy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2016 11:27 PM

How do all these people get away with faking MDs????

Jose started with just an MD after his name. Then he met a real doc who also has an MPH. Suddenly Jose has an MD, MPH after his name!

by Anonymousreply 67December 23, 2016 2:40 PM

It pays off if you can manage to not kill anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 23, 2016 3:07 PM

Jose gets away with this because he never applies for clinical positions where he treats patients. He uses his fake MD to get top administrator position that pay even more.

Harder to figure out he's a fraud if he's just pushing papers. He trips up because he starts to do bad things with money. There's usually some sort of embezzlement involved.

by Anonymousreply 69December 23, 2016 3:45 PM

You would think for CEO level hiring, organizations would consult with background checking companies and head hunters, check a candidate informally through networking (surely people know people in the industry/business) and barring all that, GOOGLE search. It's incredible that he keeps getting hired. Hell, I worry about embellishing a couple of bullet points in my resume. Apparently, I worry for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 70December 23, 2016 5:13 PM

It seems that at least rocking horse caught on before hiring him. They said he couldn't pass the background check-- which likely means his resume didn't check out.

When you put on so many high level accomplishments and graduate degrees, it's harder and harder to get away with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 23, 2016 5:30 PM

Did y'all hear that he tried to steal that hotel in Puerto Rico?

by Anonymousreply 72December 24, 2016 12:24 AM

Sociopath

by Anonymousreply 73December 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Does anyone know where he is?

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2017 9:39 PM

He's not as bad as that 17 year old kid from South Fl who has a fairly large office and private practice ans has manged to fool patients for over one year before being stopped.

He was SIXTEEN when he began private practice.

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2017 10:17 PM

Updates! We need updates! Both are ridiculous people. With equally ridiculous people falling for their cons.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2017 10:26 PM

I love this kid, no pun intended!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2017 12:48 AM

Forget Black Lives Matter protesting and marches.

Put Malachi Love-Robinson in charge of motivating and directing young disaffected black youth STAT.

Dude was delivering babies and doing OB-Gyn check ups at 15 and running his own practice! Then after being busted, he got another job running a drug rehab facility. That is fucking impressive. I know he's a bit nuts, but still---he convinced many people he was an MD at an age that many of his peers were making their YouTube videos flossin' with their guns and weed supply.

Say what you want, that kid has the "right stuff."

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2017 3:01 AM

r78 That's exactly how I feel! Obama should have given him an award and not that bomb clock kid. Imagine what this kid could do with his raw talent and brains? I so hope he goes places!

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2017 4:00 AM

The Love-Robinson story cracked me the fuck up, but the kid is a sociopath. He was caught numerous times and couldn't stop. Later he used fake stubs and identity theft of his old aunt or a strange elderly woman to get a car. He needs guidance.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2017 5:41 AM

There was a doctor in Louisiana who practiced for about 15 yrs as an anesthesiologist before somebody finally outed him. The weird thing was that patients and other health practitioners liked him and apparently he did a good job. Everyone was shocked when they found out the truth. I think he went to jail for practicing medicine without a license.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2017 7:31 AM

So back to the subject of this Blog. Because this fraud owes me money, he sat down with me about a year ago to apologize profusely for the multiple bounced checks he sent me. He told me his whole sad story about how he was worth $82 Million dollars thanks to real estate investments and selling his early practice. According to him, he had no idea he was worth that much money (he assumed $12 to $16M), so he was surprised to learn that some people in his inner circle had been embezzling from him to the tune of several million dollars. As a result, all of his assets were frozen, by the IRS and he had been in meetings with IRS and FBI about the case. That said, he had been put on a regulated allowance from his financial institutions and he gave me two more checks to pay me in full. Guess what - they bounced too! There is obviously no way that this guy is worth $82M. After he my checks bounced, he ran to Oklahoma to live with his sister in a modest apartment and was there for months, he may still be there??? Chances are all his fraudulent activities caught up to him and he had no more money to milk out of people and found himself broke, and in need of a couch to sleep on, at that point, family is probably the only resource you can turn to. FRAUD...

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2017 12:08 PM

Big deal. We have a sociopath pretending to be president and people seem fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2017 12:53 PM

I cant believe I stumbled upon this

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2017 4:38 AM

They can get this guy for fraud, listen to what happen to an old boyfriend of mine in the 80s.

Early 80s, really bad recession. My boyfriend lost his job. After a year or so of nothing, he started defrauding dozens of companies by sending them fake resumes tailored PRECISELY for the offered job. Fake Ivy League schools, fake graduate degrees in accounting, engineering, law, MBA---lots of MBA resumes, really good fake past job experience with all kinds of technical jargon that he would pick up in industry magazines at the university library. And lots more!

All he wanted to do was go on these fantastic interview trips. You know, fly to cool cities, stay at the Marriot or Hilton, all expenses reimbursed, terrific dinners, etc. Everything that you would expect for an interview for major paying jobs in major paying industries. He got interviews in Buffallo (see his Niagra Fall pictures!), Toronto (see his---whatever that tall tower was named--pictures!), NYC! SF! ATLANTA (see his pictures at Backstreet!) and lots of interviews in Los Angeles (he said he spent a day driving around Malibu trying to find Streisand's compound).

There was no internet back then for easy proof of credential searches. Those searches were normally done after the job was offered, and it took lots of TIME to get that information back to the company---if they even bothered to check at all. And you KNOW some companies don't bother to check at all.

Well, he got CAUGHT! I don't know how he got caught. Maybe his big bragging mouth caught up with him. Maybe someone actually called Yale to get a copy of his "grades". Who knows? By that time I had left him and the city we were in, but I was told he was arrested on fraud charges. When I checked the newspapers at the university library (I ran there!), sure enough, his name was in the paper of that city!

He never went to jail but he had to higher a lawyer, the shame of it all, pay back some money and I don't know if he ever got a professional job after that.

by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2017 5:20 AM

He's sitting right next to me and has no clue I've discovered this, he's in Tulsa OK but not for long he is about to fly off to Miami to go to a rehab center for his arm, as the cancer finally spread and is eating away at his muscle. I always knew there was something fishy about him, but I could never quite put my finger on it. I'm not surprised one little bit. I'm not going to say anything but please my distance. Jose is a good guy he's just lost in a web of lies from what it seems.

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2017 4:59 PM

R86 Are you another one of the "younger" boyfriends or are you the Haitian daughter?

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2017 6:59 PM

This thread is an instant Datalounger classic.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2017 7:06 PM

R82, Jose has used that story of his money being stolen from him for at least a decade now. He used it whenever his checks would bounce--which was often.

His old bf's know he's completely broke and has always been. He has used the "I'm a doctor" line to get a few jobs but hopefully everyone is catching on.

I hope whenever he applies, the employer google his name and they find this:

Jose Diaz is lying about being a doctor.

Jose Rodriguez-Diaz is lying about being a doctor.

and whatever other name he's used.

by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2017 8:30 PM

R86 the cancer story is complete Bull Shit. He uses it whenever he needs to get out of some situation. That's what he used when he left AID Atlanta...but days later, on his Facebook page, he had tons of pictures of him partying it up in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2017 8:31 PM

Amazing that organizations hire him, find out he's a fraud, fire him, and sweep it all under the rug so they're not embarrassed publicly for hiring him without doing the background work.

by Anonymousreply 91February 7, 2017 8:32 PM

What's the latest on this guy, DL?

by Anonymousreply 92July 5, 2017 4:52 PM

Who the fuck cares!

You all sound like sociopath groupies.

by Anonymousreply 93July 5, 2017 5:28 PM

We care! You should too if your doctor is actually faking his credentials

by Anonymousreply 94July 5, 2017 6:24 PM

If you google this guy now using his JRD name, this thread is the top link. If you googly using the JHD moniker, it's the fourth link.

by Anonymousreply 95July 5, 2017 10:24 PM

OP - I would bet that the cancer diagnosis is phony, and a manipulation technique designed to inspire pity. That is one way Sociopaths and Psychopaths control people and control their emotions. It's hard to be angry at a person you pity. S's and P's know this, that's why they make you feel guilty if you don't take the bait and don't feel sorry for them. That is one of several reasons he has gotten away with this for so long.

They also stay just behind the line and are usually very cautious not to cross it so that they avoid arrest and/or legal action. Although writing prescriptions without a license is illegal unless he qualifies as Nurse Practitioner status. No matter what don't let him know you're onto him. Never confront or try to one-up or outsmart S's and P's. Instead, keep a giant step ahead and play along until he does something where you can nail him. Because he will fuck up. And just like they always have many victims, they never fuck up just once.

BTW, the resume is not considered a legal document, however the job application is a legal document.

So if he lied on the application and signed and dated it, he can be in a lot of trouble for that. But if they didn't request a job application be completed, and he only presented a resume, then he can get away with lying. That is why most employers always request a completed and signed/dated app from every candidate/new hire in addition to the resume because it it considered a legal document while the resume is not.

Maybe you can also video or tape him when he is verbally abusive without his knowledge. Get others to join forces with you. Power and strength are in numbers. You need others on your side who are *not* screwed up in the head like him because S's an P's stick up for each other. Maybe print out this thread and delete the website address and give it/send anonymously to those who can do something about it and who have morals, and are not corrupt.

Whatever you do you need to follow through and make sure he's held accountable so he can't harm others. And if he isn't stopped, he will. He really belongs behind bars. I applaud your concern and bravery for posting here and bringing awareness of this crime and the future tragedies waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 96July 5, 2017 11:08 PM

The truth is OP, that people don't get jobs off their resume. They get jobs if people with money are attracted to them.

by Anonymousreply 97July 5, 2017 11:13 PM

Does anyone know where this guy is now? He seems to have fallen off the face of the earth and I'd like to pursue some legal matters with him? Mailing address anyone?

by Anonymousreply 98July 6, 2017 9:08 PM

OP? Poo? Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 99July 6, 2017 9:21 PM

He's obviously very charismatic, which is how he gets away with shit. They overlook his lack of qualifications because he sweet talks them.

I believe this kind of charisma goes along with the sociopathic personality disorder.

He keeps on doing it because he never gets caught. Companies that hire him are too embarrassed to publicly denounce him and let the issue go quietly.

DL seems to be the one place that's put his whole sordid history together.

by Anonymousreply 100July 6, 2017 9:26 PM

R95. he must have googled himself and found this thread.

by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2017 9:27 PM

Does anyone know if he is working now?

Last I heard he was in Oklahoma?

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2017 10:03 PM

This thread should be titled, "Sociopath Stalks a Sociopath."

by Anonymousreply 103July 7, 2017 10:14 PM

Jose is the administrator at the Surgical Center at Doral (or at least was recently). He was in Tulsa through the Fall of 2017 before taking the position in Miami. His daughter was admitted to Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health Services in late summer in Tulsa and is still at that facility. If you google the florida health finder website you will find information about the Surgical Center and also see Jose listed as the administrator there.

by Anonymousreply 104November 1, 2017 9:18 PM

OP, you're welcome.

You might have dodged a bullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 1, 2017 9:21 PM

What we need is a picture of this guy José. How else can we stalk him?

by Anonymousreply 106November 1, 2017 9:32 PM

If you check above there are lots of picture of him through articles online. He moves often which I think is the reason this post continues. He is on to the next place by the time people understand who he is.

by Anonymousreply 107November 1, 2017 9:41 PM

R70 and others, I work in healthcare management. Insurance companies and/or hospitals and/or employers (anybody who hires licensed healthcare employees) are supposed to have a credentialing process. That means the employer has people and procedures in place to do background and licensing checks on prospective and current employees.

In my experience, this job gets shoved to the bottom of the priority pile - there are rarely dedicated employees doing this work. Credentialing is just one of the many things a mid-level admin employee has to get done in a day. That, coupled with the fact that medical professionals often get multiple offers and get poached from employer to employer, mean that a hiring institution will extend an employment offer quickly without doing all the background work right away. Then it gets forgotten.

At my current employer, they had 2 people doing contracts, credentialing and billing review (fraud checking, mainly). A few months ago, the head of the department left, leaving only one person. That person then got hired to work in a VP's office doing "special projects," and was supposed to do credentialing part-time. Now she tells me nobody is doing credentialing at our company and there's probably a large backlog of people to credential. It would be a good time for a fraudster to get hired.

by Anonymousreply 108November 1, 2017 9:44 PM

Is there a way people from different stages in this guys life can connect with each other without him knowing, assuming he checking this site.

by Anonymousreply 109November 1, 2017 9:56 PM

Being a real doctor and being a sociopath aren't mutually exclusive. Surgeons have a relatively high number in their ranks. But this guy needs taking down.

by Anonymousreply 110November 1, 2017 10:02 PM

I think people could chalk up the loss of money he has done to those around him to lesson learned. The issue is he is the adopted father of a young girl which he is being deglectful to at best, and I don't want to imagine what the at worst scenario is.

by Anonymousreply 111November 1, 2017 10:07 PM

I'm still wondering what the OP's obsession with this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 112November 1, 2017 11:00 PM

OP is the man in question r112.

by Anonymousreply 113November 1, 2017 11:07 PM

All doctors are sociopathic assholes.

by Anonymousreply 114November 2, 2017 12:06 AM

Oh, so OP wants to get caught.

Man, just surrender

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2017 12:10 AM

[quote]OP is the man in question [R112].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2017 12:57 AM

[quote]he gave me two more checks to pay me in full. Guess what - they bounced too!

What kind of idiot takes checks to cover bad checks?

by Anonymousreply 117November 2, 2017 6:30 AM

I don't care about the job fraud. I care about the child he kidnapped. She needs to be taken away from him and given back to her family. Scumbag he needs to be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 118November 2, 2017 6:34 AM

This thread has fascinated me since its inception.

by Anonymousreply 119November 2, 2017 6:51 AM

R108. Legit organizations in 2017 outsource credentialing to contractors. And it's taken seriously, even for recent college grads. Unless you work for a very small company, I can't imagine some frazzled, multi-taking admin grudgingly half-assing it "when they get around to it".

It may take a few months to complete the credentialing process after hire, but it always gets done. If something doesn't add up, it's grounds for dismissal. The good "doctor" could do some damage (and make a little money) in the meantime. Probably milks each employer for a year or so if he threatens legal action while they confirm their findings, cross all the T's, and eventually terminate. By then, he's cooked up a new resume, printed another fake diploma, and is on to his next job.

by Anonymousreply 120November 2, 2017 7:00 AM

R120, My legit organization is a regional managed care organization with a $400MM+ yearly budget. I've also worked for health insurance companies and providers who do things in a similar manner. People who work on the inside in healthcare know how screwy and half-assed admin is.

by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2017 8:44 PM

He's no longer in Doral... "he no longer works here". So - like Waldo - where is he now???

by Anonymousreply 122December 4, 2017 1:26 PM

This thread is fascinating. I wonder how many posts are from OP.

Reminds me of Ferdinand Waldo Demara, the Great Impostor,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 4, 2017 2:23 PM

I'd like to know where he too!

by Anonymousreply 124December 4, 2017 5:11 PM

Op here.

While I started this thread, it's obvious Jose has hurt a ton of people with his lying. After I broke up with him, many of his old bfs came out of the woodwork to tell what they endured including theft, abuse, etc.

This thread shows he has cheated people from around the country. The fact that he still parades around claiming to be a physician is alarming. He has made an entire career of it. He stays under the radar because he doesn't provide clinical care (his resume says he graduated from an Argentine med school) but does administration. In reality he has no such skills whatsoever and he gets fired when they figure that all out.

No one should be coddling this fraud.

by Anonymousreply 125December 4, 2017 7:10 PM

I'm not a boyfriend - just a "friend" who has also experienced his fraud... he's unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 126December 4, 2017 7:51 PM

R125 & OP - A resume is not considered a legal document, however, a job application is a legal document, assuming it's signed and dated.

So, if you could get someone in authority to tell him they are updating the Personnel/HR files and records (whatever) and everyone is required to do this, and they need him to complete and sign it, he could get nailed that way, especially considering nothing else has worked so far.

It should be the hard copy, not an online application. The last section of the application requires a signature for both a background check and a degree verification, which he may not even notice that is what he is signing for. The fact that the University is out of the country doesn't matter. It can still be verified. Most people assume it's just an additional signature required for the application unaware it is permission to do these checks. Hopefully, he won't notice it is giving permission for a background check and a degree verification. And if he refuses, maybe they can take action against him for non-compliance.

Then the signed and completed application gets faxed over to the firm that they outsource with for background checks and degree verification (yes, they are two different things) and he's found to be a conman and a liar. They should sue his ass and take him to court so that it becomes public knowledge and also so that the fraud (and whatever other guilty charges against him) appears on his background record.... permanently.

If that isn't possible, why not file a lawsuit against him for 'Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress' or some other applicable and actionable offense or crime he has committed against you and others. Maybe you could file a class-action suit against him, as power is in numbers.

If that isn't possible contact the AMA, American Medical Association, or whomever it is (not sure) that oversees physicians. I had once called the director of psychologists (I think it was the APA or something) about a screwed-up in the head psychologist whom I had been seeing many years ago and they looked into it and took action against him.

However, that was in the late 80's when people still cared and had concern for each other and didn't look the other way to offenses and crimes and sweep it under the rug. Today, most people in charge/authority have that "Not my problem" mentality and don't care about anyone but themselves. They don't give a shit about anything that doesn't personally impact or affect them.

But, the longer he gets away with this, the worse it will get until it ends in tragedy. It won't get better, that's for certain.

by Anonymousreply 127December 4, 2017 11:31 PM

R127 the big problem is no body really wants to go through the pain of trying to nail him. Medical organizations that give him jobs find out about his lying and fire him. Then they just want to sweep it under the rugs because it reflects badly on them that they didn't check his background before giving him a job. It's happened over and over again--in NYC, Boston, Philly, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Miami, and, likely, many other places around the US.

Plus, the AMA has no say on him. He's not a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 128December 5, 2017 2:32 AM

^ No, I disagree with your last sentence. He is an imposter, he's posing as a doctor. You can go to the State Medical Board of the state he is currently, at the moment working in. If he moves to another state then contact them as well. Keep calling the SMB for each state he works in until you get results. Send certified letters too. They DO need to know. The fact that he isn't a licensed physician doesn't matter. He is pretending to be physician and they absolutely need to know.

FYI, back in the 70's my sister went to a hypnotist to quit smoking and thought he was a MD psychiatrist. Turns out he had taken courses in hypnosis but was not a psychiatrist. He didn't have any college education or training. She called the American Psychiatric Association and they promptly had him arrested. It was in all the local papers and as a result a few women came forward and said while under hypnosis he tried to seduce them. When they got up and tried to leave and refused to pay he demanded payment.

Anyway, on another note, bear in mind that this sociopath probably has aliases and at least two different ID's in case he gets arrested or already has a criminal record. This way, if worse comes to worse, he can just use the alternate one. He could even have stolen a patients' ID too. Never put anything past a sociopath. But please contact the State Medical Board immediately. Before he causes more damage.

The fact that he doesn't perform procedures on patients or counsel them shouldn't matter. Don't even mention that, just tell the SMB that he is posing as a doctor and you're certain he is not licensed.

If you prefer to remain anonymous then do so, but at least give them all the pertinent information so they can follow-up properly. Don't tell them more than they need to know, just the pertinent identifying info and that he is posing as a doctor but is not licensed. Don't complain about all those who let him get away with this and that they look the other way because they may not take you seriously as they'll think you are seeking revenge on an enemy or trying to get a coworker whom you hate fired. Be serious and concerned but leave anger, frustration and emotion out of it.

by Anonymousreply 129December 5, 2017 3:22 AM

OP, Are you there? You did not supply vital information about this guy.

Is he cut?

Is he hung?

Is he a good fuck?

by Anonymousreply 130December 5, 2017 3:33 AM

Thank you 130 you read my mind.

by Anonymousreply 131December 5, 2017 3:36 AM

was uc but had that changed maybe ten years ago

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2018 10:28 PM

He converted to Judaism and got it clipped

by Anonymousreply 133March 6, 2018 9:24 PM

Now that the Versace mini-series is out, Andrew Cunanan reminds me of this "doctor." Jose pretends he's something he's not. He keeps getting caught but then runs away.

I bet if he's cornered, Jose might do something drastic.

by Anonymousreply 134March 6, 2018 9:28 PM

This thread is EVERYTHING to my true crime obsessed self. More, Por Favor!

by Anonymousreply 135March 6, 2018 10:04 PM

Does that other site know about it?

by Anonymousreply 136March 6, 2018 11:47 PM

What site?

by Anonymousreply 137March 6, 2018 11:52 PM

That crime site.

by Anonymousreply 138March 6, 2018 11:54 PM

The fact of the matter is that if he’s not treating patients, he doesn’t have to have a medical license. If he ever did any kind of medical training, he would have received a resident’s medical license (or a state equivalent), so he technically may not have lied, just stretched the truth. If he’s only doing administrative work, he likely didn’t anything wrong than exaggerate his qualifications to get a clerical job.

by Anonymousreply 139March 7, 2018 2:18 AM

Poo the fuck keeps bumping this worthless thread? It's nearly 4 years old now!

by Anonymousreply 140March 7, 2018 5:09 AM

You just did, R140.

by Anonymousreply 141March 7, 2018 5:42 AM

No R141 it's not me; somebody else bumped it the same day I commented. It re-appeared on the active threads list. It re-appears a few times a year.

But the thread and topic is very uninteresting except to the one obsessed person who keeps bumping it - for nearly 4 years now, and it's only at 140 comments. I'm going to guess that nearly every comment is the OP's.

Give it up already OP. Move on with your life.

by Anonymousreply 142March 7, 2018 11:02 PM

I've been following this thread for 4 years, R142. I posted once or twice, but mostly I just look for it to rise up with posts, which it keeps doing thanks to you.

by Anonymousreply 143March 7, 2018 11:39 PM

Nice try deflecting blame, R142. But you can tell from the post dates who the bumpers are. Some more recent examples are R122, R132 and R133. As I mentioned in R140 & R142, the reason I notice this lame thread which is of interest to only one person/stalker is because it reappears on the active threads list every month or so. And it will reappear on the active thread list every time someone bumps it.

I'm not a believer in "ignore it and it will go away." Usually that is a ruse to allow people to remain unchecked in their obnoxiousness.

by Anonymousreply 144March 9, 2018 10:28 PM

R137 All That’s Chat, obviously

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2018 8:23 PM

What’s the latest on this guy???

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2018 8:24 PM

In his LinkedIn profile with photo (you mist have a LinkedIn account to see) he claims to be Surgical Practice Administrator and CEO at Surgical Care Affiliates in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, from July 2017 to present. I believe someone mentioned upthread he has been working here. Don't know how current this is, though.

dr-jose-rodriguez-diaz-701a18a3

by Anonymousreply 147May 14, 2018 9:27 PM

Suicide? Murder?

Murder-suicide?

by Anonymousreply 148May 15, 2018 12:11 AM

R147 I believe he was fired from there, like all his other jobs.

He’s lying on his linked- in

by Anonymousreply 149May 15, 2018 12:12 AM

^ I believe you're right. The current CEO of SCA just took on the role this year. Jose Rodriguez is needs to update his LinkedIn. He probably will once he's scamming a new employer, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 15, 2018 2:22 PM

Is he back in Oklahoma (or was it Kansas) with his sister and the adopted daughter he put in some institution after stealing her from her Haitian mother?

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2018 3:30 AM

UPDATE!!!

As expected, this psychopath now goes by a new name!!

Dr Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

He has a new job in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area and still pretending to be a doctor

by Anonymousreply 152August 31, 2018 2:19 PM

For some reason, DL won’t allow me to link his Linked-In profile. Just google his new name and it shows up.

by Anonymousreply 153August 31, 2018 2:21 PM

He now works for Care Resource, a big health center in southern Florida. It caters to many gay men.

Once again, his employer didn’t do its due diligence (I guess it was thrown off by his new name).

Who knew it could be so easy to pretend to be a doctor and just change your name if you get caught??

Job after job after job with faked credentials—it’s pathetic.

Soon enough, his employer will get alerted or will figure out its dealing with a pathological liar and fire him. How many patients will get hurt in the mean time?

by Anonymousreply 154August 31, 2018 2:28 PM

He’s back!!!

by Anonymousreply 155August 31, 2018 3:04 PM

Googling his previous name, Jose Rodriguez-Diaz, this DL thread is the first thing to show up.

With his new name, Jose de Terreforte-Diaz, only a Linked-in profile shows up.

He will use this to get more jobs that prey on the health of gay men until he’s discovered again.

by Anonymousreply 156September 1, 2018 3:18 PM

Anyone know people on the Board of Care Resource in Miami/Ft Lauderdale?

They need to be informed of this fraud.

by Anonymousreply 157September 1, 2018 3:20 PM

Email his employer, don't let him get away with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 158September 1, 2018 4:27 PM

We need to keep writing out his new name so this thread appears in google!

Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

by Anonymousreply 159September 2, 2018 6:56 PM

Someone tell the unsuspecting health center!!

by Anonymousreply 160September 2, 2018 9:57 PM

The LinkedIn profile doesn’t say that Jose de Terreforte-Diaz is working as a doctor. I think he’s doing business development or something. It also doesn’t say he’s a MD or list a medical school.

by Anonymousreply 161September 3, 2018 5:30 AM

The LinkedIn Profile specifically says "Dr Jose de Terreforte-Diaz" and he's working at a health center in Miami/Ft Lauderdale.

He never works as a physician (because he claims to have gotten his MD in Argentina) but he uses that fake degree to get high-end administrative jobs in organizations that work with gay men.

He's a complete fraud

by Anonymousreply 162September 4, 2018 5:37 PM

LinkedIn Profile says:

Dr Jose de Terreforte-Diaz Medical Care Services Manager at Care Resource Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area

by Anonymousreply 163September 4, 2018 5:38 PM

He seems to get away with this shit by just changing his name!

I didn’t realize fraud was so fucking easy

by Anonymousreply 164September 8, 2018 1:10 PM

Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

by Anonymousreply 165September 8, 2018 1:10 PM

This thread has finally shown up on google under his new name!!

by Anonymousreply 166September 8, 2018 1:12 PM

Any news of this guy still Is in this job preying on gay men?

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2018 6:54 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2018 3:30 AM

Sociopaths fake credentials to get positions of power, and it happens much more often than you’d think.

Licensed physicians harm people and, rather than being investigated or prosecuted, are sent on their way without a word to authorities. Employers protect themselves by giving neutral references and not reporting since exposing a criminal who was in their employ would leave them vulnerable to legal action.

Listen to “Dr Death”.

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2018 7:51 PM

Is this guy still working at Care Resource.

He keeps targeting health centers that focus on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2018 8:00 PM

Updates?

by Anonymousreply 171February 3, 2019 12:44 PM

Apparently, he's found another sucker to marry him...and voila, he has a new last name that is difficult to trace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 29, 2019 4:13 PM

Here's the new hubby. Considering the sordid history of this sociopath, how long before the husband figures out what shit he's in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 29, 2019 4:14 PM

There should be a website dedicated to exposing psychopaths/sociopaths. And that includes a photo and brief summary exposing some of the the crazy person's horrific behaviors against others and actual crimes as well. But I suppose the potential for abuse is high, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 174May 29, 2019 4:23 PM

I agree in principle, R174, but too much room for error. I wasted a good portion of my 30s in a relationship with a psychopath and would love to earn others about him. Ultimately, people caught in that snare often don’t have the sense to recognize it for what it is, and won’t leave the relationship until they are ready.

by Anonymousreply 175May 30, 2019 1:46 AM

Sociopaths ruin lives. We innocently trust people and they kill all sense of trust for a lifetime.

What's more is they often never get what's coming to them. They continue through life just fine taking advantage of person after person, just like this Jose de Terreforte-Diaz

by Anonymousreply 176May 30, 2019 2:52 PM

This Jose guy has started a non-profit in Florida under his new name, obviously to bilk unsuspecting people of their money.

It's called Bienestar Integrated Health Group

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 30, 2019 2:55 PM

It's also somehow related to a company of the same name in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 30, 2019 2:57 PM

Best thread ever. But you get the feeling that it's not going to end well.

The fake Doctor that killed all his family in France just got out of prison after 22 years or so.

I hope Jose whatever-his-current-name doesn't end up killing a bunch of persons to protect his secrets.

Is he still a PnP sex pig after all these years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2019 11:13 PM

r173, that's freaky. the new husband (with the new last name) looks exactly like Jose Diaz's first husband in NYC

by Anonymousreply 180January 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Is he dead from Covid?

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 181December 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Today is "Bring back the old EST day" at The Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 182December 31, 2020 8:01 PM

A Jose R. Hennesey-Diaz sued the city of NY in 2017. He tripped over a manhole cover. Could this be him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 4, 2021 12:41 AM

R183, it’s got to be him. A grifter to the end.

I’m Facebook, he now goes by Monchito Diaz.

Pathetic. He knows just googling his real name reveals his string of lies.

by Anonymousreply 184February 3, 2021 12:34 AM

He likely changed his name on Facebook to Monchito because people have seen this thread and are googling him.

Any updates on this grifter?

by Anonymousreply 185February 6, 2021 1:17 PM

Wow! This thread goes back years, and is all over the place... but I’m on the edge of my seat!

by Anonymousreply 186February 6, 2021 2:15 PM

Monchito, Monchito, Oh so cute and cuddl-ito!

by Anonymousreply 187February 6, 2021 4:02 PM

Love that so many people who personally know him have commented on this thread

by Anonymousreply 188February 6, 2021 4:03 PM

Just another worthless grifter.

by Anonymousreply 189February 6, 2021 4:54 PM

I would never trust a medical school from South America. The entire Southern Hemisphere is basically one giant diploma mill. And yes, that includes Australia.

by Anonymousreply 190February 6, 2021 5:00 PM

R190, and he even made up that he went to one of this mills

by Anonymousreply 191February 6, 2021 7:40 PM

Poor kid. I hope she’s okay

by Anonymousreply 192February 8, 2021 10:37 PM

Monchito Diaz is a liar!

by Anonymousreply 193February 21, 2021 5:24 PM

That Facebook link at r183 looks to have some COVID-19 profiting going on - he was hiring! Oh, and also, Black Loves Matter.

by Anonymousreply 194February 21, 2021 8:26 PM

R194, I think you mean link at R172. I'm sure he's trying to profit off of Covid--maybe creating a business so he can get all the money available for organizations affected by Covid.

His whole life has been trying to get money he hasn't worked for. There's no way he suddenly has tons of legitimate jobs available now.

Knowing his history, he will run this into the ground after he's sucked all the money out of it.

by Anonymousreply 195February 25, 2021 7:29 PM

I am now on datalounge for almost 20 years (fuck!!!) and never saw this thread. Wow. This should be made into a series. Hello Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 196February 25, 2021 8:20 PM

Monchito Diaz!

Monchito Diaz IS Jose de Terreforte-Diaz IS Jose R. Hennessey-Diaz IS Jose Rodriguez-Diaz.

When one guy as so many different names, you just know theirs fraud involved.

by Anonymousreply 197February 26, 2021 3:18 PM

The gift goes deep. He appears to have dozens of accomplices who keep the grift afloat, they're all benefiting from his crime.

by Anonymousreply 198February 27, 2021 2:48 PM

It's a shame. He sounds like a very clever and resourceful person. He could have gone to college to get the right credentials- like all the other sociopaths.

Maybe it's just more delicious to trick people.

by Anonymousreply 199February 27, 2021 3:07 PM

I am one of his exes who has commented previously on this thread. Jose is a very magnetic and smart guy. Unfortunately, he feels he has to over-inflate his background for his own self esteem. By claiming to be a doctor, he loves the respect (and the jobs) he gets immediately. It’s weird how he needs that adulation.

Unfortunately, his lies unravel inevitably. It took me a few months to start catching on. I liked him so much; I wanted to believe what he said about himself. But then it just becomes unbelievable, and you realize you were a pawn—mainly to suck money out of.

My association with Jose ended many years ago, and I was bitter many years after that. I feel so bad for the guys who have fallen for him and even married him. They will all eventually find out he’s a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 200February 28, 2021 1:43 AM

You'll find out he wears a disguise..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 28, 2021 3:50 AM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 202February 28, 2021 1:29 PM

New husband / New name

Juan Francisco Terreforte Bello

by Anonymousreply 203March 6, 2021 2:50 PM

FB: juanfrancisco.terrefortebello

by Anonymousreply 204March 6, 2021 2:51 PM

R204, poor guy. He doesn’t know what’s in store for him.

One piece of advice for him and his family: Don’t give Jose ANY money. NONE

by Anonymousreply 205March 6, 2021 6:50 PM

Isn’t this the third or fourth name change for Jose?

How convenient when you need to leave your past behind after every job

by Anonymousreply 206March 6, 2021 7:00 PM

OP is right to be cautious, imo. There was a Dateline or 20/20 about this asshole, Paolo Macchiarini who 'experimented' with trachea replacements, caused excrutiating suffering and lost ALL the patients. He told his American journalist fiance (he already had a family in Barcelona) that the Pope was going to marry them at the Castel Gandolfi. He lied on his resume and was cut loose from the Stockholm institute that had sponsored him, but has yet to be tried or sentenced. Being an MD is indeed like a shield.

by Anonymousreply 207March 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Jose says he has an MD from a school in Argentina, but the truth is he’s lying about having gone to medical school at all.

He’s not a doctor but tells all potential employers that he is.

Because the MD is from out of the country, he doesn’t do clinical work. Instead he gets good jobs as an administrator, but he has never actually gone to medical school

by Anonymousreply 208March 8, 2021 8:54 PM

Sicko

by Anonymousreply 209March 10, 2021 2:09 PM

R196 I've been here for years too and don't know how I missed it. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 210March 10, 2021 3:38 PM

This is one of the most intriguing DL threads--with people from all around the country who have encountered this grifter chiming in. He's been through so many different names since this thread started back in 2014. Now it's Jose de Terreforte-Diaz.

And yet, he still gets jobs using his fake MD degree.

by Anonymousreply 211March 10, 2021 4:43 PM

This is very similar to the "Dirty John" podcast and movie where a sociopath uses a shield of a doctor to deceive people, it proves that grifters always leave loose ends that they can't explain away...it's a listen/good watch

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2021 3:36 PM

and "Dirty Sanchez"

by Anonymousreply 213March 16, 2021 7:26 PM

Bump for updates??

by Anonymousreply 214August 8, 2022 5:54 PM

always thought that a lot of psychopaths/sociopaths work high up for charities - they have zero shame and take huge wages and expenses. Secretly they probably laugh at what mugs the public are.

by Anonymousreply 215August 8, 2022 6:10 PM

Inevitably monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 216August 8, 2022 6:14 PM

Holy Shit--I think he died!

I looked at his husband's FB page (liked). All the comments on the last post are about this guy having died!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217August 8, 2022 6:31 PM

Wow!!!

But also, hmm…

by Anonymousreply 218August 8, 2022 9:39 PM

Is this really true?? Can the people who knew this guy and commented on this thread verify that he’s truly dead???!

by Anonymousreply 219August 12, 2022 8:41 PM

Did you guys not see that other thread asking for suggestions on how to fake your own death?

by Anonymousreply 220August 12, 2022 9:01 PM

That’s something he’d do. He changed his name so many times

by Anonymousreply 221August 13, 2022 3:31 AM

His most recent name change was to Monchito

by Anonymousreply 222August 13, 2022 1:38 PM

Monchito Diaz

by Anonymousreply 223August 13, 2022 1:38 PM

This is like 48 Hours. There most be a murder here .......

by Anonymousreply 224October 29, 2022 5:23 AM

This incident reminded me of Martin McNeil who pretended to be a Dr and a lawyer successfully for decades. His grift was only exposed after he was accused of killing his wife.

by Anonymousreply 225October 29, 2022 6:19 AM

So hard to find someone honest who makes 6 figures these days

by Anonymousreply 226October 29, 2022 7:24 AM

Psychopaths are charming and manipulative whereas sociopaths are rage-filled "psychos."

by Anonymousreply 227October 29, 2022 7:29 AM

Shades of George Santos….

by Anonymousreply 228December 29, 2022 1:47 PM

Funny, I thought I remembered this thread from a long time ago. Then I looked at the date. I DID remember it!

by Anonymousreply 229December 29, 2022 2:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!