Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tobey Maguire May Be a Psychotic Douche

Up today on Vanity Fair is an excerpt from Molly Bloom’s book, Molly’s Game: From Hollywood’s Elite to Wall Street’s Billionaire Boys Club, My High-Stakes Adventure in the World of Underground Poker. It documents her time running a high-stakes poker game for celebrities and wealthy people in the Viper Room, and if the rest of the book is half as interesting as the excerpt, it’s bound to be a fascinating insight into particular celebrities who like to gamble for huge sums of money.

She only uses first names, but some of the celebrities named are obvious: Ben Affleck, Leo DiCaprio, and Tobey Maguire. From the four-page excerpt provided Affleck and DiCaprio seem as you’d expect them to seem: Likable and friendly.

Tobey Maguire, on the other hand, not so much. He seems to be akin to the villain of the novel: A controlling dick who won the most money and left the smallest tips. While it was Molly’s weekly game, Tobey clearly had a lot of control over it. At one point, he brought his $17,000 card-shuffling machine and insisted it be used, but then insisted on charging Molly a $200 rental fee each time it was. He always left the smallest tips, and when he lost, he blew his cool.

One particular scene in the excerpt stands out. It was a very, very high stakes poker game that included Affleck, where the buy-in was $50,000 and the amount of money on the table at one point was $2 million. Maguire, however, was not having a good night, but after knocking out one of the players, Jamie, he decided to assert his power over Molly, who I should mention was a 26-year-old cocktail waitress before she began putting these games together.

“You have to cut Jamie off, you know.” “I know,” I said, counting Tobey’s chips.

He held a thousand-dollar chip in his hand. He flipped it over a couple times in his fingers.

“This is yours,” he said, holding it out.

“Thanks, Tobey,” I said, reaching my hand out.

He yanked the chip back at the last second.

“If … ” he said. “If you do something to earn these thousand dollars.” His voice was loud enough that some of the guys looked up to see what was happening.

I laughed, trying not to show my nerves.

“What do I want you to do?” he said, as if he were pondering.

The whole table was watching us now.

“I know!” he said. “Get up on that desk and bark like a seal.”

I looked at him. His face was lit up like it was Christmas Eve.

“Bark like a seal who wants a fish,” he said.

I laughed again, stalling, hoping he would play the joke out by himself and leave.

“I’m not kidding. What’s wrong? You’re too rich now? You won’t bark for a thousand dollars? Wowwww … you must be really rich.”

My face was burning. The room was silent.

“C’mon,” he said, holding the chip above my head. “BARK.”

“No,” I said quietly.

“No?” he asked.

“Tobey,” I said, “I’m not going to bark like a seal. Keep your chip.”

My face was on fire. I knew he would be angry, especially because he had now engaged the whole audience, and I wasn’t playing his game. I was embarrassed, but I was also angry. After all I had done to accommodate this guy, I was also shocked. I had made sure I ran every detail of every game by him, changed the stakes for him, structured tournaments around him, memorized every ingredient in every vegan dish in town for him. He had won millions and millions of dollars at my table, and I had catered to his every need along the way—and now he seemed to want to humiliate me.

He kept pushing it, his voice growing louder and louder. The other guys were starting to look uncomfortable.

“No,” I said, again, willing him to drop it.

He gave me an icy look, dropped the chip on the table, and tried to laugh it off, but he was visibly angry.

Wow. What a f**king dick. That sounds exactly like a scene out of a mafia movie, and to anyone that’s ever seen some of Maguire’s more intense roles (Brothers, for instance), you can absolutely picture Maguire’s face. F**king asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 10, 2021 8:46 PM

Was she being paid by the word for her title?

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2014 7:03 PM

OP, you need to Google Tobey Maguire yelling at the paparazzi with his wife in the car. Pretty intense, much like, as you said, his performance in Brothers. If true, those stories are very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2014 7:06 PM

Has he always been such a dick or is this the result of money and fame?

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2014 7:08 PM

Is he closeted? That would explain his anger.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2014 7:12 PM

I remember a few years ago when he was playing Spider Man what a nasty, NASTY reputation this psycho bitch had.

I'm shocked someone hasn't beat the fuck out of him yet.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2014 7:22 PM

He's had a shitty reputation for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2014 7:25 PM

So many of the young Hollywood types have much more money than talent or class.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2014 7:37 PM

Interesting. I heard he had a mad temper and was probably a bit mad in general, but I previously believed he was trying to be a decent guy. I wouldn't really have expected such blatant asshole behavior from him - less than from Ben and Leo at least.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2014 7:43 PM

What a fucking cunt. The anger probably comes from being a small guy, the man is not big, he's like what...fucking 5'6? Is this gal pretty? Maybe pretty types like her snubbed him in high school and now he's exacting revenge or something. Total ego/power trip. Hate guys like that.

I had a boss similar to that, he would just give out to me in front of clients, just to make him look all powerful and in control.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2014 7:55 PM

[quote]I wouldn't really have expected such blatant asshole behavior from him - less than from Ben and Leo at least.

Affleck has always had a reputation for being a generous, nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Tobey Maguire has always seemed evil to me.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2014 8:08 PM

Oh, my. Gambling addicts are troubled people. Who would have guessed?

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2014 8:34 PM

I think a big part of his issues is that he grew up really poor and was beyond motivated to become rich. It's a very much about money for him and worth because of money. I don't think being relatively short is that much of an issue compared to that.

Also, as a poor and ambitious child actor, who knows what he had to do for his career.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2014 8:47 PM

I've seen him around LA. He has a palpable cloud of negative energy around him. Like Evil Emo Peter Parker from the third Raimi Spider-Man movie. His wide-eyed golly-shucks acting always seemed very, very stale to me. False.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2014 8:55 PM

Tobey is ugly and baby talks, never understood how he got cast so much

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2014 10:18 PM

[quote]Is he closeted? That would explain his anger.

No, it wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2014 10:22 PM

R15 you have SUCH a way with words!

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2014 10:23 PM

I remember hearing a story about Maguire firing his first agent while concentrating mainly on trying cut a cigar. He never looked at her once, never thanked her for all the work she did to put him on the map and generally was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2014 10:24 PM

I saw him in NYC. At Union Square I think making that Spider Man movie. He is a lot shorter than 5' 6". He looked more like 5'3" or 4" and about 100lbs wet.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2014 10:28 PM

He's always been a prick with a mean streak a mile wide and anger management issues. His role as an evil cunt in [italic]The Good German[/italic] was basically type casting.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2014 11:16 PM

He has a warmth in his roles, so it's surprising what an asshole he is in real life. Well then, glad his career is tanking. I always think the lower the star, the worse they probably are than the really big players.

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2014 6:14 AM

GATSBY did less than nothing for him. It's shocking how far he's fallen as a former A-lister, particularly in contrast to Leo.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2014 6:20 AM

Was he ever an A lister r23? He played Spider-Man but other than that has he ever been a true star? Women and gay men don't lust after him so he's hardly leading man material. I haven't followed his career too closely so it's possible he was an A lister for a while and I missed it. I have only ever seen one interview with him ever and he came across as a tool.

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2014 6:35 AM

Between 1997 and THE ICE STORM, Maguire was in CIDER HOUSE RULES, PLEASANTVILLE, WONDER BOYS, and then SPIDERMAN in 2002. So yes, I would say he had a good 5-year run at least approaching the A-list. These were well-regarded movies.

I never thought he was all that as an actor, but he did have a lot of charm as a younger man, which seems to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2014 6:45 AM

Don't forget Seabisquit. He was pretty big for a while and then seemingly just fell off overnight. Sort of like Renee Zellweger.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2014 6:49 AM

Tobey has tiny penis anger

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2014 6:56 AM

When they just fall off like that, it has to be mental health issues, right? Zellweger doesn't seem like a well woman.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2014 7:03 AM

For a brief time, I thought he was sexy; when he wore tights. But then, one of those tabloids had a pic of him at the beach. What a soft-looking body! Not only that, he had a big belly!

I thought he married a very rich older woman.

Kudos to the woman for not allowing him to degrade her in front of company. Obviously, there were no gentlemen there.

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2014 7:09 AM

What a vile little micro-peen he is.

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2014 7:24 AM

He married a very rich young woman.

r25 Exactly. I loved Pleasantville, Wonder Boys and Spiderman, so I can say I enjoyed Tobey's career. Of course this thread/story makes it hard to feel sorry about the ending of it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2014 10:41 PM

He looks like that ventriloquist dummy in Magic. Bad energy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2014 10:49 PM

He's just misunderstood. I give him a "pass".

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2014 11:26 PM

This story, if true, makes him sound like a vile psychopath. Just disgusting. I won't be able to watch him in anything ever again.

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2014 11:41 PM

President Barack Obama arrived in Palm Springs, California on Saturday via Air Force One to spend Father's Day playing golf. Hours earlier, he had lectured graduating students at University of California, Irvine, about the need to "do something" about climate change, mocking those who questioned that policy goal. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) encourages reducing unnecessary air travel to minimize carbon dioxide emissions. Golf courses are also frequent targets of environmentalists--especially in southern California, where a severe drought has placed a spotlight on golf courses' use of scarce water resources.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2014 11:42 PM

He's not attractive, his acting is below average, and he's a cunt of the highest order, so why the fuck does this ugly fuckwit have a career in the first place?

Surely he can't have fucked his way to the top, no man or woman in their right mind would want his fugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2014 12:28 AM

"Surely he can't have fucked his way to the top, no man or woman in their right mind would want his fugly ass."

He married the plain daughter of a studio head, which was an absolute genius career move. He found the one person in Hollywood who was both in a position to help his career, and who might actually want his unappealing ass.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2014 12:37 AM

His name is listed on the "Gay Celebrity" Listing, also stated his marriage was "the most manufactured wedding in Hollywood." His wife is the daughter of the President of Universal Studios. Marriage of Convenience..

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2014 12:39 AM

I don't think his marriage helped his career any. The last movie he was in was The Great Gatsby and that was more to do with being friends with Leo than anything else.

He hasn't been relevant since the Spider-Man movies ended years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2014 12:44 AM

He's always sounded like his voice is breaking.

by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2014 12:45 AM

[quote]He married the plain daughter of a studio head, which was an absolute genius career move. He found the one person in Hollywood who was both in a position to help his career, and who might actually want his unappealing ass.

Oh, right, totally forgot about that! An even better way to stay relevant in Hollywood. Actors and actresses even did that way back in the early days of Hollywood, marrying family members of studio heads.

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2014 12:51 AM

R20 That's ridiculous, that's incredibly short for a man and if he was that short it would be obvious.

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2014 12:52 AM

R2 Just watched the video. I don't think he really overreacted, paps surely must be the biggest pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 43June 16, 2014 1:17 AM

I think his wife is sexy and good looking. DIfferent than a bimbo type. I don't care about him other than treating "the help" like "shit". That's the stuff that pisses one off

by Anonymousreply 44June 16, 2014 1:21 AM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2014 1:28 AM

He sounds mental.

I guess there is a reason why his career post-Siderman kind of went poof!

by Anonymousreply 46June 16, 2014 1:29 AM

well he lost his hair and became fat so who could really blame him. poor little shit

by Anonymousreply 47June 16, 2014 1:39 AM

What R16 said. Just how many dicks DID he suck?!

by Anonymousreply 48June 16, 2014 1:51 AM

She looks like Princess Anne looked about 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 49June 16, 2014 1:56 AM

She has pretty eyes. He has pretty... nothing.

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2014 2:04 AM

I get no gay vibe from him

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2014 2:47 AM

His marriage SAVED his career. He was going to be fired from Spider-Man 2 and replaced with Gyllenhall but his gf (future wife)'s father - Ron Meyer, a major studio head - called in every favor in the book and gave Tobey an apology script and renegotiated a zero dollar upfront contract for TM to work under.

Tobey almost got the shit can before he ever made any real $$ and it's all due to his wife's family connections.

Also Tobey grew up dirt poor and is terrified of poverty. Money and power issues for days. Lots of white trash relatives constantly seeking handouts. So the wife's family is a huge respite / antidote to that.

Very very strange guy.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2014 2:54 AM

I remember he had bad press while filming Ride With The Devil. I think he was dickish and unkind to Jewel. As a singer, she had no movie experience, and I remember reading he made her feel even more incompetent than necessary, made her cry.

If he earned the reputation of being a sour little pill, throughout the years with directors, casts and crews, it's no wonder he is not in demand anymore.

I wonder how come he and Leo remained fast friends.

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2014 3:05 AM

R52 is lying. Tobet just took a while to say yes and the studio's tactic was to threaten to replace him with Jake.

That said Tobey is a dick.

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2014 3:11 AM

r52 "the liar" here.

Link provided to an LA Times article which details all of the circumstances surrounding Tobey being FIRED and then rehired from Spider-Man 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2014 3:16 AM

R52 nothing I said is untrue. Your contentions are false. The studio never wanted Jake. It wanted Tobey. It was just a game of chicken. Trust me, in Hollywood, if they don't want you, they fire you.

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2014 3:25 AM

It seems like he was dropped, R56. At least that's what the article and everyone who agreed to be interviewed for it say.

I don't see any ambiguity about it.

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2014 3:29 AM

[quote][R52] nothing I said is untrue.

You weren't being called a liar, so no need to justify yourself. And the person YOU called a liar, clearly isn't one.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2014 3:31 AM

He looks drunk and unhappy in r45's pic.

by Anonymousreply 59June 16, 2014 1:51 PM

I saw Toby getting gang banged at a chicago gay bath house.

by Anonymousreply 60June 16, 2014 2:21 PM

The article says he is so small that they had to film Cider House Rules in a way to minimize the height difference between him and Theron. I know she is tall, but if lifts and high heels which are the norm not enough he must be as short as someone here reported.

by Anonymousreply 61June 16, 2014 4:32 PM

[quote]Between 1997 and THE ICE STORM[/quote] The Ice Storm WAS in 1997.

by Anonymousreply 62June 16, 2014 5:18 PM

Interesting that the author goes after the guy who is the least influential. Of course, that's what the lapdog culture press highlights, too.

I have no doubt he's an asshole, but I have a hard time believing he's the only entitled douchebag in that crew.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2014 10:42 PM

He thought he was a movie star. He's not.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2014 10:46 PM

r65, these days anyone's a movie star if TPTB insist on it.

I realize there's a talent/charisma drought in Hollywood, but the number of people who fail upward is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2014 11:03 PM

Tobey Maguire is not that short...they had a hard time letting him play a jockey, because he's too big.

I never knew he was a dick but I know he's not another Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2014 11:41 PM

He was gay for Leo, let's face it. He's probably just pissed off that he had to beard up, with a wife...so he acts like a jerk all the time.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2014 11:43 PM

Tobey always had anger management issues. And, and terrible acting voice.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2014 11:57 PM

One of the most difficult actors to work with.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2014 12:14 AM

I liked him a lot in Pleasantville, The Ice Storm, Cider House Rules and Brothers. I think he is a very good actor.

Kirsten Dunst is sort of his female counterpart. They are difficult, troubled, not beautiful, neither young or old and very talented. Yesterday's news I guess.

Still a lot better than their replacements.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2014 12:33 AM

Let's get back to this poker story for a second.

Not defending him by any means, but I read the whole article and in the story, all the other guys at the party watched this happen. After he left, they all told her "Glad you didn't do it." Etc

However, none of them actually stood up for her in the moment or called him out for being a huge douche.

Seems to me the whole lot of them were problems.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2014 12:44 AM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2014 12:44 AM

R67 he could be too big to be a jockey and still be very short by Hollywood leading man standards. The average jockey is only 5'2" and 110 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2014 1:05 AM

They are all Hollywood stars, so they're automatically assholes.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2014 1:11 AM

Agree R72. If even one of them came to her defense I would be a fan forever. But they were all complicit in not standing up for her. Fucking douche bag bullies.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2014 1:14 AM

He seems to be over.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2014 1:29 AM

If Leo is such a nice guy, why would he be friends with such an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2014 2:34 AM

Tobey is a bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2014 5:08 AM

I read some of you and you don't know shit...first of all he was A list, secondly, everyone knows he was with Leo and everyone knows, Tobey is hung. Were you guys all born yesterday? Seriously...get your facts straight.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2014 5:21 AM

[quote]However, none of them actually stood up for her in the moment or called him out for being a huge douche.

Yes, none of them were gentlemen. Probably frightened about getting on his bad side or having his anger turned towards them.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2014 7:22 AM

It's amazing how the least famous guy that's recognizable is singled out to bear the burden of her cuntiness.

Affleck and Leo are famous enough to send her to Cleveland, Manhattan and Dallas in seperate containers, so they come off as good.

This is a cunt who wrote this.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Or, genius @ R82, TM is the only one that acted like a psychotic douche.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2014 1:16 PM

So no other good gossip in the book? Now come on...that makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2014 11:05 PM

Tobey is rich...he could hire a fixer to kill her. Maybe the others were wise enough to pay her off but Tobey's such a big cheap skate, he wouldn't.

That still means he's a fucking douche. I hope he never works again.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Toby isn't rich. His incredibly ugly wife's father is.

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2014 3:42 AM

R86, I am sure there was a prenup 100%, no way he will get a cent of his money.

I hope he saved his money.

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2014 3:53 AM

[quote]I remember he had bad press while filming Ride With The Devil. I think he was dickish and unkind to Jewel. As a singer, she had no movie experience, and I remember reading he made her feel even more incompetent than necessary, made her cry.

If stories since then are to be believed, Jewel learned how to treat other people just like Tobey treated her.

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2014 3:54 AM

"It's amazing how the least famous guy that's recognizable is singled out to bear the burden of her cuntiness."

Or maybe she released the story about the least famous guy for free, and you have to buy the book to hear the stories about the more famous guys acting like psychotic cunts? Really, her publisher is probably the one who picked that particular anecdote to use as a teaser, and it was chosen because of length or weirdness or because a lawyer said it was less actionable than the other juicy stories.

Publishers don't make publicity decisions based on author cuntiness, Jon Snow.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2014 3:57 AM

I just finished the book and loved it. I don't read much but I breezed through this one. I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2014 5:34 AM

And she didn't attack Tobey. She simply told the truth.

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2014 5:35 AM

Tobey's latest personal net worth is $75 million. I don't think he needs his wife for monetary reasons. He may actually love her.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2014 6:34 PM

Prenups are pretty worthless. The only use they have is to mitigate damage.

by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2014 7:20 PM

R91, he doesn't need her for cash in the bank, but he may need her connections to keep his career on the A-list. He was cute once but now he's a homely little not-sexy middle-aged man, by all rights his career should be over or he should be doing character roles.

But he's still getting roles like "Gatsby".

by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2014 7:43 PM

I think he's cute

by Anonymousreply 94January 30, 2015 1:42 AM

He would have been better than NPH in Gone Girl playing the psycho admirer. Tobey should just go full psycho from here on out

by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2015 1:48 AM

I like him as an actor but he is gay, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 96January 30, 2015 1:54 AM

[quote]Tobey has tiny penis anger

But he has a big dick. There was a picture floating around a few years back, Maguire, Leo and some black dude on vacation. Leo was covered up, but Tobey and the other guy had their robes open. Tobey had a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 97March 30, 2017 9:22 AM

That pic is fake r97

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 30, 2017 9:37 AM

Wow, this is an old thread. Tobey and the wife are divorced and his main income stream (which is substantial) is poker.

by Anonymousreply 99March 30, 2017 10:44 AM

This is a major awards-bait movie now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 30, 2017 2:09 PM

I assume all the stars will have different names in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 101March 30, 2017 7:22 PM

Tobey is cute, his wife is one ugly mutha

by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2017 8:02 PM

Do you think Molly Bloom is her real name, or is she a James Joyce fan?

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2017 2:37 PM

I'm glad someone dug up this old thread. All of it is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2017 3:14 PM

I watch Cider House Rules for him.

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2017 5:53 PM

"Bark like seal." Its so weird it has to be true. What a creep.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2017 6:03 PM

I am a server. I served his table. He told me he would tip me a thousand dollars if I would bark like a dog. I did and he gave me a thousand dollars. Just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2017 6:33 PM

OP gets horny at a name-dropping card shark claiming that stupid, entitled rich show-biz types are assholes.

No thanks. Sounds dull and typical.

But would someone throw the OP a paper towel to swab the inside of her panties?

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2017 7:07 PM

he's scum

by Anonymousreply 109December 17, 2017 10:52 AM

He is a divorcee

by Anonymousreply 110December 17, 2017 11:04 AM

He dumped the Jewess? The rich JAP?

by Anonymousreply 111December 17, 2017 11:06 AM

Fuck off, anti-semite at R111.

by Anonymousreply 112December 17, 2017 6:54 PM

Is his Bobby Fischer movie any good?

by Anonymousreply 113December 17, 2017 7:17 PM

WTF? This thread is from 2014. Why not just start a new thread so all 3 interested parties can respond?

by Anonymousreply 114December 17, 2017 7:20 PM

google the glare he gave kirsten dunst...

watch at 24 seconds when she cuts him off. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 17, 2017 8:56 PM

Pause at 0:27 for the full effect.

by Anonymousreply 116December 17, 2017 9:38 PM

He did a good job as Fischer, but the crazy rants are off putting. And Liev Schreiber's toupee was badly applied. It's an interesting moment in history, just hard to make into something lots of people would want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 117December 17, 2017 9:53 PM

Wonder if the movie will be good?

by Anonymousreply 118December 17, 2017 9:56 PM

Jennifer Meyer's father Ron started out as a Willliam Morris agent; her pre-nup is probably airtight. Don't know if they're divorced yet, but isn't she a respected jewelry designer?

by Anonymousreply 119December 17, 2017 10:07 PM

I remember there was a rumor during Spider man 2's filming that he was just out of his mind on alcohol, heroin, and some other drugs. And I think the "official" problem he had during filming was a "back injury".

by Anonymousreply 120December 17, 2017 10:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 10, 2021 8:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!