Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Edgar Wright Films

Shaun of the Dead. Hot Fuzz. The World's End.

I love all of them but Hot Fuzz is still my favourite. "A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD!"

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2018 5:37 PM

Yarp.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2014 4:42 AM

NOT "Ant-Man", tho...

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2014 4:45 AM

My favorite is Scott Pilgrim.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2014 4:57 AM

I wasn't crazy about "The World's End". The others were great fun; I couldn't choose between "Hot Fuzz" or "Shaun of the Dead" though.

Although Edgar Wright wasn't involved, "Paul" was enjoyable and funny, too. I love Pegg & Frost together in anything, especially in "Spaced", the UK series they did.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2014 5:19 AM

I like all of his films, but they all suffer from the same strangely inconclusive endings.

But I'll still see anything he makes, particularly if Pegg and Frost are there. Love them!

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2014 5:33 AM

I was disappointed in The World's End too but I love everything else he's done. Most "funny" fanboy-favorite filmmakers don't do it for me at all but he does.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2014 6:03 AM

Love them all. Him, Pegg and Frost are a great combination.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2014 7:24 AM

I love that all three films are basically love stories between the Pegg & Frost characters.

Really enjoyed World's End until the silly ending.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2014 6:19 PM

Yes,love them. I also have a bit of a crush on Simon. He was about the only good thing in the two rebooted Star Treks.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2014 6:48 PM

I agree that Scott Pilgrim is one of the best movies of all time, space, and dimension.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2014 6:52 PM

LOVED Shaun of the Dead too.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2014 3:51 AM

Thank your R3 and R10, and shame on you OP for forgetting Scott Pilgrim.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2014 4:29 AM

I watch Hot Fuzz any time it's on cable. It's like crack. I love Pegg and Frost but I was disappointed in The World's End.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2014 6:59 AM

Nick Frost is awesome. I'm not a chubby chaser, but I've always found him crazy sexy.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2014 4:46 AM

Nick Frost does have a certain sex appeal to him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2014 8:22 AM

Love love LOVE Pegg and Frost, with or without Wright!

And Shaun of the Dead is definitely one of my top movies.

Here's a great Shaun of the Dead parody, from the awesome zombie episode of "Mongrels":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2014 9:15 AM

I hope he doesn't go down the Judd Apatow route.

by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2014 7:23 PM

anybody else have a thing for Simon Pegg?

and if you hate him, just stay offline, please.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2014 12:30 AM

I think he's sexy R18. Especially in Hot Fuzz.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2014 2:04 AM

Is Pegg obsessed with Gillian Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2014 2:15 AM

Still pissed about Ant Man.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2014 3:38 AM

Scott Pilgrim is the best movie ever made. Every frame a work of art, every line a moment of brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2018 4:51 AM

I haven't seen Baby Driver yet

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2018 4:52 AM

"Hot Fuzz" is the only one I've watched. I caught it on Netflix not too long ago without knowing it was anything more then a British police movie and was delighted by Pegg's performance. I'm surprised they never did a follow-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2018 5:00 AM

R24, that's the middle movie of the Coronado Trilogy.

1. Shaun of the Dead

2. Hot Fuzz

3. At The World's End

You should watch them all, and in order. It's not a traditional trilogy. They're connected only by the actors/writers/directors, and the fact that a Coronado ice-cream or wrapper features momentarily in one scene (a different flavor in each).

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2018 5:02 AM

Crusty jugglers....

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2018 5:18 AM

r25 thanks for the tip. I just checked netflix and neither of the other two films are available right now but I'll be looking for them.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2018 5:32 AM

[R24] It’s the Cornetto trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2018 5:55 AM

Agree that all of his films suffer from slightly letdown endings.

Still, what comes before is usually very good, with the notable exception of "Paul", which was totally ruined by the voice of the deadly Seth Rogan. And "Hot Fuzz" and "World's End" are unusual in that they wear well, I've seen them three or four times over the years and each time I like them better than the last!

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2018 6:13 AM

Pegg & Frost, baby!!

Loved Spaced!!!! That one where they flashed-back to when they were childhood friends and kid nick had a mustache even then.

SotD is awesome. So is Hot Fuzz - love that Broadchurch’s Olivia Coleman plays the bawdy female cop.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2018 8:44 AM

Love them all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2018 4:15 PM

R28, thanks for the correction. I'm not British and never been to the UK, so was just going off a phonetic memory. Should have looked it up to spell it correctly, but it was late and I was bored.

Still, a great trilogy.

But Scott Pilgrim is still my favorite. The scene transitions and graphics and sound and everything make the movie truly a work of art, as well as being hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2018 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!