Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What was that Judy "Pills" quote...

About Judy Garland? I know one of you bitches has it.

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]Judy Pills says:

[quote]"Judy was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay people were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs."

[quote]If you really believed that, JP, you would change your insulting screen name, which only contributes to the image of Garland as a pill-popping no-talent better off forgotten, not an artist on the level of Sinatra or Picasso or Callas.

[quote]YOU and YOUR NAME are part of the problem, JP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Judy Pills was less congent when drunk (which she often was).

She wass also more intelligible when writing in English (rather than Latin, which she often used).

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2014 6:22 PM

she's still around, still posts

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2014 6:51 PM

She is never missed by anyone ever.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2014 7:08 PM

she was a pleasure to behold

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2014 7:09 PM

Judy Pills, Cackle, TwoDollarBill, Butchy, PrincessLatifah et. al. were some of the people I really loved about DL.

They're all gone or gone incognito now. It's cliche' to say of course, but the fantrolls and straight women have hollowed-out the site and made it impotent.

I'd gladly suffer JP and many of the others (including Kirker) if it meant washing out Datalounge of the scum, shit-stirrers and P/C nannies who've fucked it up beyond recognition.

Long live crass irreverence!

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2014 7:21 PM

(quote)About Judy Garland? I know one of you bitches has it.

haha I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2014 8:49 PM

It was "Ha ha ha, I'll say!"

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2014 8:53 PM

No, it was "Ha ha ha! I'll say!"

Go to her now-abandoned blog for evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2014 9:32 PM

Magnolia, darling! It's a pleasure to see you here.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2014 10:00 PM

What about Kermit the librarian?

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2014 10:06 PM

R10, I'm not THE actual Magnolia Thunderpussy. I just associate Judy "Pills" Garland and her from around the same time period. The name Magnolia Thunderpussy was one of the few good things to come out of that pitiful, ineptly-managed Campfire site. Only worse was Horsey's Nude Make Celebrity Dishcussion Board which I was surprised to read existed until recently. I wouldn't be surprised if the genuine Magnolia is now dead.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2014 10:18 PM

THUNDERPUSSY lives!

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2014 10:23 PM

Seriously, R10/R13? Surely she must be approaching Luise Rainer territory by now.

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2014 10:25 PM

Boxes of wine, ALL around

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Difficult? Yes, I've heard how difficult it is to work with Judy Garland, do you know how difficult it is to *be* Judy Garland? I've been trying to be Judy Garland all my life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2014 2:30 AM

Were wire hangers involved?

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2014 2:45 AM

Hewo!

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2016 4:27 AM

Happy Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2016 6:35 AM

Pot is harmless, I smoked it as a little girl and look at me now

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2016 6:42 AM

[quote] Pot is harmless, I smoked it as a little girl and look at me now

I bet it harmed me, mama.

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2019 8:08 PM

I miss Shoba!

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2019 8:57 PM

He was a trip. I'll set up an alter where he died in the alley of the Bikestop one day.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2019 9:27 PM

Ego.

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2019 9:32 PM

How can we update the legendary quote for Renee?

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2019 6:53 PM

Can someone translate the quote into French?

by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2019 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!