Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Steven Soderbergh gay?

I mean, his most recent projects have been "Magic Mike" and "Behind the Candelabra." He's got to be fascinated with male flesh for some reason.

I know he was a pussyhound early in his career, but he might have found himself.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2018 3:12 PM

And then he also directed a film recently that featured Gwyneth Paltrow's decapitation. I mean, how can he NOT be gay?

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2014 5:40 PM

He is married to Jules Asner, former E! host.

Not that that means he can't be bisexual in an open relationship or doing something on the side behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2014 5:41 PM

Gwyneth was decapitated on film again? How many times has this been now? Is Hollywood trying to tell her something?

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2014 5:43 PM

He had a kid with another woman while married to Jules right?

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2014 5:45 PM

Not gay.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2014 5:48 PM

Late blooming homosexual. I have written about it previously on here.

"Magic Mike" and "Behind the Candelabra" are essentially a manifestation of a Freudian crisis. He is both aroused and repulsed by homoeroticism. Or rather, repulsed by his arousal.

I would be shocked if he doesn't leave Jules for a man.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2014 5:50 PM

I love Schizpolois! He's so goofy in that movie. Really weird, but I like weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2014 5:56 PM

R4 He's gotta be a 10 on the Kinsey scale then! He fucking two women and knocks up one...he's so gay.

If he does gay or male stripper projects that doesn't mean he is gay. Then again with Hollywood who fucking knows. He could be into shemales for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2014 5:59 PM

Well, Magic Mike was Channing Tatum's baby, and Soderbergh agreed to do it after working with him on Haywire.

MM didn't really feel like it was directed by a gay man. The stripping scenes were pretty few and far between and not exploitative at all.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2014 6:03 PM

Soderbergh actually shot many stripping scenes but whittled them do to nothing in the editing room. He said watching them made him uncomfortable, and that they weren't meant to be seen by men.

However, while he was filming the strip club scenes, he was so pumped he kept telling the cast in crew that he was going to turn "Magic Mike" into a Broadway musical.

Gay, gay, gay.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2014 6:08 PM

He's fay

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2014 6:20 PM

Does this look gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2014 6:23 PM

Has anyone here seen his low-budget movie "Bubble," released in 2005?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2014 6:27 PM

Yes. I really liked Bubble. Great performances from real people.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Steven Soderbergh has graciously agreed to come out of retirement to DP and edit "Magic Mike 2."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2014 9:08 PM

this Knick show looks interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2014 9:28 PM

Cameraman and DP on Magic Mike, eh? He just want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2014 11:55 PM

gay as christmas. He fucked every single male cast member of Magic Mike to cement their roles. The only one who didn't want to was Alex Pettyfer so he was not seen in the sequel

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2016 7:05 PM

The unbelievable part of your post r18 is that Pettyfer would actually say no. Lee Daniels really likes him for a reason and it isn't his winning personality.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2016 7:08 PM

r19 He was saving his anal virginity for his wedding night!

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2016 7:26 PM

Yes

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2018 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!