Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This Richard Quest asshole on CNN!

Who in the fuck is this bitch?!? The chop-jawed Brit who is suddenly omnipresent in their PLANE! PLANE! PLANE! coverage?

He's physically irritating to watch, completely obnoxious (as most Brits on US news shows go), desperate to suck up air time. He's on at 5:30 in the morning on through Anderson Cooper and perhaps later.

I'm not watching CNN all day but every fucking time I tune in, there this asshole is.

WHO the fuck is he? And while I'm at it, are there as many Americans on British news programs as there are Brits on US shows??

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2018 8:28 PM

I hate him with the heat of a thousand suns

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2014 12:26 PM

His arrest in Central Park a few years ago made news at the time. Considering that some people are fired for minor transgressions, I'm surprised he's been able to rehabilitate his image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2014 12:40 PM

Get some rest, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2014 12:44 PM

I find him unwatchable. He grates!

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2014 12:55 PM

He should not be tolerated. There ARE limits!

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2014 12:56 PM

He must be on speed considering CNN keeps on him air virtually 24 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2014 1:06 PM

Damn R2 are you kidding me? I had no idea. Not only with drugs, but with a rope around his cock?!

This motherfucker is STILL in the country while so many good Mexican people are having to cross the boarder at night, and at gunpoint many times?

Again, HOW AND WHY do so many Brits come and go so freely when Americans are all but forbidden from working in the U.K. and we resort to building walls to keep hard working Mexicans away.

That's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2014 1:06 PM

R6, according to R2's link, I'd say he likely is.. Speed and likely a lot more. Tina maybe? Apparently he's gay with a drug problem. What is it about so many gay journalists? Can they just not handle it?

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2014 1:12 PM

That bust article is something. No one knows anything about the "rope configuration." HAHAHA.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2014 1:43 PM

Maybe that's why I haven't seen him.. He was banished after his sex-in-the-park drug bust and they dug him out for the plane hysteria, thinking his annoyance and arrest history would be overlooked due to all the plane harping.

He's a first degree asshole. Watch him for a few moments if you haven't. He's obnoxiously confrontation, like an idiot who knows nothing but is confident on one subject and takes it to the extremes. He's been nasty and rude to other guests on various shows and I still have no idea what his credentials are to be all but tag lined as an expert on plane crashes.

CNN has really destroyed it's cred with this whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2014 4:01 PM

He used to frequent a bathhouse in NYC, don't know if he still does or not.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2014 4:22 PM

He's always having on air spats with the very HOT and totally competent Lt. Col. Michael Kay. You can tell Michael Kay has total contempt for Richard Quest.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2014 5:53 PM

I guess CNN can't find a screaming American with a bad lisp!

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2014 7:32 PM

Word, R12. MProps to the Colonel for keeping his mouth shut and not (justifiably) telling Richard to shut the fuck up. Don Lemon seems to have zero patience for him, since he told the loud-mouthed prick to just answer the question and not veer off on a tangent.

I feel sorry for David Soucie and that Gallo gentleman for having to endure that misery in person.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2014 8:08 PM

I remember shortly after Piers Morgan was hired he said "Americans love British accents." I doubt that was ever true, and it certainly isn't now. I don't know which is more grating, "BBC English" or "Channel 4" English. The plane plane plane thing is all the more excruciating because of them. I used to love "Aussie," but that's fading fast now.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2014 8:17 PM

I can honestly say I'm a Brit and I've never heard of this bloke or seen him on TV programmes here. Ask anyone here who he is and they'd look at you blankly. I feel like I should apologise for inflicting him on you.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2014 8:22 PM

IIRC, CNN originally hired this pathetic queen to cover all matters related to the British monarchy, based no doubt on his physical resemblance to a badly-drawn cartoon caricature.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2014 8:32 PM

No, there are very very few Americans on British shows. The only one I remember is a showbiz correspondent who appeared on a morning magazine show called This Morning. Occasionally there is a one off interview, but Americans are certainly not a regular fixture. And R15, you know nothing about British TV.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2014 8:36 PM

I used to watch him and think he was full of himself but capable in his role. Something's changed. I used to think it was drugs. Don't really know but now he CREEPS ME OUT.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2014 8:55 PM

American TV personalities in Britain (and obscure in their home country):

Loyd Grossman ("Now who would live in a house like this?")

Ruby Wax

Wendy Meakin (academic/art dealer from Channel 4's "4 Rooms")

Slim pickings!

Who am I leaving out?

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2014 9:13 PM

I've hated him for years. Too shouty and hoarse. Impossible to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2014 3:03 AM

He's got what appears to be facial wasting. I wonder if he's sick.

Drugs and sex in the park would certainly put him in the high risk category.

Either way, this guys is a fucking irritant and I'm baffled as to how and why he's on air so often. It's as though CNN is TRYING to destroy what's left of the remaining viewership.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2014 6:03 PM

I haven't watched the main CNN channel for a month now because he's on all the time. I hate his voice and his face and his personality.

Why hollyweird and news channels keep shoving Brits down our throats is beyond comprehension. I'm not anti-Brit but we don't need them on every fucking news show or in every fucking movie.

Whoever is in charge at CNN really needs to reevaluate his decision making. Richard Quest and Piers Morgan (thank goodness he's leaving) were 2 of the WORST choices EVER.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2014 6:13 PM

I hate his voice. I turn the channel when he comes on. I prefer CNN international.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2014 8:50 PM

Quest: 'Anderson, I sucked off both the pilot and copilot doing my recent story on Malaysian Air, before this disappearance. They kept me naked in the cockpit for the whole 8 hour flight. A butt plug with a dog tail on it was firmly in my rectum, and a cock ring with a dog leash kept me near the center control console at all times. There WERE drugs involved, but only I did them. Anderson, I can assure you that these men did not hijack that aircraft!'

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2014 8:56 PM

Someone needs to contact their contacts in Immigration and see what's up with his status. A drug user with an arrest user WORKING in the States? He needs to be back home addressing his issues.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2014 8:59 PM

I laughed out loud when I read this:"with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said." Who the fuck keeps a sex toy in their boot? I know it means trunk in British English but in the US it could be seen as stuffing a butt plug in his boots! Let's not forget a rope tied to his penis connected to his neck!? In a park no less. If it was in a gay club maybe it would have happened but in Central Park? There are still people doing that these days? What an old queen he is....

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2014 9:35 PM

no r10 he's been back for some time, prior to the plane incident.

CNN sent him off to rehab and allowed him to return, as they should do.He's been given another chance.

That said, he's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2014 9:54 PM

He is completely unknown in the UK - probably due to his onscreen talents.

I saw him once on CNN on cable. I was agog at his CONstant overEMPHasisING of random SYLLables and RAISing his VOICE as if it embued his wretched delivery with some import.

He is the presenting equivalent of the overdramatic screechy violins in a cheap and forgotten TV thriller.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2014 10:25 PM

That's not accurate. I've seen him many times on CNN in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2014 10:37 PM

R29, I agree completely. I think before he was caught, he covered news related to the business traveler. After his arrest, I just couldn't stand him anymore and that mental image of him in central park just comes to mind whenever he appears, I have to switch channel.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2014 10:40 PM

And he's interviewed by Anderson Cooper a lot, which just makes it worse.

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2014 10:43 PM

Of course, the DL hates him.

They all hate a bottom.....

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2014 10:44 PM

He seems like a good person to me. Who cares what someone does in his private life. I enjoy his CNN commentary.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2014 10:48 PM

This annoying, ugly as hell fuckup has ZERO credibility.

It's a flat embarrassment that CNN even lets him on air.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2014 7:55 PM

x

by Anonymousreply 36May 16, 2014 8:20 PM

The problem with Richard Quest is not simply that his voice terribly raspy. That in itself is not his fault. And one could feelcompassion for him in that regard, esp since he seems to be quite talented and positive-minded.

But what I find irriating is the impression he radiates that he does not even TRY to reduce the grating assault on our sense, but often seems to EMPAHSIZE it. It is THAt that I find nauseataing !Why dont people in the CNN tell him that ?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 25, 2014 6:11 PM

I am a Canadian and I can't stand the bastard either. One would think that CNN would wise up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 38December 29, 2014 10:24 PM

I'm an Aussie and I work internationally with all you guys on here.... Americans, Brits, Canadians Kiwis and of course my own lot. Even I can't stand Aussies that "AMP" up the Aussie accent, people that do wherever they're from are just attention seeking asshole. In saying that, there's an awful lot of great people out there to make up for these cocks (and cocks with ropes... you can just fuckin picture it, you have to laugh at what the look on the cops face must have been when he patted this queer down WTF! WTF! How did I get to this blog.... I typed in "Richard Quest fuckin idiot" ha ha, search engine big G was right on the money. This guy irritates me to fucking hell and I'm shutting CNN down just to shut this fuck up from my TV.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2015 4:26 AM

I like Richard. He's got by far the most interesting personality on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2015 5:21 AM

As grating as Richard is, I would trade him instantly for those two "British" creatures on CNN tonight.

Even though I do have a passport, it annoys me to death to hear an news anchor in my country say, "More snow today in Alabama, IN THE SOUTHERN UNITED STATES!"

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2015 8:44 AM

Richard Quest appears completely insensitive and has no sense of sophistication when talking about accidents and the victims. I have to change the channel when he is on.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2015 12:32 PM

The man makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2015 2:27 PM

He IS grating, but I noticed this morning in the wake the deliberate crash news that he seemed more measured and subdued. He seemed as flummoxed as the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2015 2:34 PM

Boy oh Boy, I guess my gaydar isn't working coz Ms. Quest does not even ping to me as gay more so a gay pervert. Why did he become CNN's go to person when there are plane crash investigations? Mile High Club chairman?

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2015 2:48 PM

Druggie Gay Sex Ninja Pervert Richard Quest speaks a lot of words, but really all we hear is:

BRAAAAAGGHHH!! GRRRAAAAAAAACCCHH BWAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2015 2:52 PM

He has always been CNN's go-to person for plane crashes, in Europe at any rate.

I guess he crashed a few planes in his time, as they consider him such an expert.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2015 2:55 PM

I can't watch CNN anymore. They have more irritating commercials than actual content and they have crazy shrill commentators. Not just Richard, but those awful panels with 6 people and they are screeching over each other and everyone has wide eyes and looks like they are on speed.

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2015 3:03 PM

I like him. He's so over the top, I find him much more interesting than any of those bland people they have on CNN.

Wolf Blitzer, OTOH, makes me change the channel immediately.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2015 3:04 PM

Why aren't they using Mikes O'Brien for this? He's much more low key and easy to listen to hour after hour. Also, he's a pilot and actually has some background, unlike Quest who is just a phony.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Wolf Blitzer is a bore - his monotone voice puts me to sleep. At least Mr Quest's British accent keeps me alert enough to watch.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Admitting to watching CNN = admitting to watching Fox News

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2015 3:25 PM

There's got to be a petition on Change.org to get him off the air . . . Absolutely detest this guy. Googled "richard quest is an ass" to find this brilliant thread ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2015 12:56 AM

Why don't they use David Soucie as their go to man for air tragedies. He's smart and is handsome. He knows what he's talking about.

What happened to that handsome British ex air force guy who appeared frequently during the Malaysian crashes?

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2015 1:00 AM

Can't tell if he is more calm because he is doing his work indoors/on set in a group interview setting (as opposed to reporting from outdoors when he usually starts foaming at the mouth and screaming every other word).

Either that or someone has finally made him realize that his over-the-top dramatics are beyond annoying and cringe worthy. I've been watching CNN this past week for updates on the Germanwings crash and really noticed that he's much more 'normal' in his interactions. New meds?

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2015 1:26 AM

Obviously his job last night was to 'disagree' with Miles O'Brian. Or either he can't stand the competition of another expert. He didn't bother me until I saw this. And Miles was more professional - he didn't take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2015 11:52 AM

Carol Costello gave Quest the stink eye on air.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2015 5:39 PM

[quote]Maybe that's why I haven't seen him.. He was banished after his sex-in-the-park drug bust and they dug him out for the plane hysteria, thinking his annoyance and arrest history would be overlooked due to all the plane harping.

He wasn't banished. He has a daily business show on CNN International.

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2015 5:44 PM

CNN sent him off to treatment and gave him another shot.

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2015 5:49 PM

UK DLers- does he remind anyone else of the Chris Morris character "Ted Maul" from Brass Eye? Such an overblown speaking manner

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2015 5:53 PM

Can't stand the guy! I thought I was the only one who thought that. Glad to see others noticed this.

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2015 6:03 PM

He was great last night!

by Anonymousreply 62January 1, 2018 6:49 PM

I think he’s great, and I’m sure his on-air “spats” with Lt. Col. Michael Kay, Royal Air Force (ret.) all ended up with hot sex (I’ve never met a man with a pinkie ring who wasn’t ready to get down on his knees and put that dick in his mouth). Quest actually started out on one of the earliest incarnations of BBC World’s World Business Report, along with Paddy O’Connor, another out BBCer. Actually, now that I think about it, almost every single male journo who’s worked or is working for World Business Report seems to be gay and out—except maybe for Aaron Hazlehurst, who’s straight but so flamboyant you’d never suspect it...

Video of Quest v Kay at link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 1, 2018 8:07 PM

We tolerated Piers Morgan , the word most famous asshole. That tells us something.

by Anonymousreply 64January 1, 2018 8:19 PM

What’s the gossip on Lt. Col. Michael Kay? He is very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2018 8:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!