Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay German actors

The "Gay British Actors" thread which has just been bumped got me thinking: it's funny how Germans like to think they're so progressive and laid-back when it comes to homosexuality (and in some aspects they are), yet there are hardly any out gay actors in Germany.

As a German, I can only think of 3 or 4 openly gay or bi male actors in Germany. Compare this with the number in the UK (a country with a smaller population).

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2019 3:08 AM

Who are these gay or bi German actors you speak of, OP?

And do you know anything about that cute, beefy actor Ronald Zehrfeld, who was in the movie Barbara? He's fine.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Sorry, r1, don't know anything about Ronald Zehrfeld.

The actors I'm thinking of are all middle-aged or older: Jaecki Schwarz, Gustav Peter Wöhler, Georg Uecker (and Hape Kerkeling, but he's more a comedian than an actor per se).

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2014 2:44 PM

Footballers are the celebrities in Germany, and the tabloids are obsessed with them. I have no proof, but I think Arne Friedrich might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2014 4:36 AM

What about the main actor from Sommersturm? Robert Stadlober.

by Anonymousreply 4January 28, 2014 4:43 AM

the man from BrotherHood Thure Lindhardt

by Anonymousreply 5January 28, 2014 5:20 AM

The most beautiful gay actor who ever walked the planet was German. Ah! Helmut Berger...

by Anonymousreply 6January 28, 2014 5:25 AM

berger was bi.

by Anonymousreply 7January 28, 2014 5:28 AM

And what about Helmut Griem?

by Anonymousreply 8January 28, 2014 6:37 AM

Udo Kier..

Old & retired now, lives in Palm Springs. But in his heyday in the 70s, he was absolutely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2014 3:16 PM

Dennis Grabosch, who played Roman on "Alles Was Zahlt," is openly gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2014 3:27 PM

It seems that the younger crowd of actors all seem to be either hetro-flexible or homo-flexible. None of them seem to identify as Gay. The only youngish one that I can think of are Ralf Schmitz (again, more of a comedian).

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2014 3:46 PM

[quote]Compare this with the number in the UK (a country with a smaller population)

Maybe it's because we get more of their product, considering they speak in English and all that, that we're more aware of their gay actors.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2014 3:50 PM

Speaking of German actors, any sex dish on Thomas, last name starts with a K, I think...was the ship's captain in the most recent "King Kong" movie & the army captain at the end of "The Pianist"....he has the most beautiful blue eyes...

by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2014 3:54 PM

And R4, last I checked Robert Stadlober was one of those actors who did not want to be labeled either gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2014 3:55 PM

Boy, is this a boring thread. Only another German will have ever heard of most of these people. Back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Actually, there are a few of us Americans that have a passing knowledge of German cinema.

I am sorry if "Pura vida Ibiza" did not make it to the US for you. I am sure it is a German movie you would enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2014 4:22 PM

Benjamin Kiss & Lars Steinhöfel from the German soap Unter Uns are both gay.

I also think that Jo Weil from the soap Verbotene Liebe is bi if not gay although I am not positive.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2014 6:51 PM

R15, hi Peter De Vilbis!

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2014 7:15 PM

r13, you are thinking of Thomas Kretschmann, and he is a god. But I know nothing about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2014 7:16 PM

Is this anything like Jewish sports legends?

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2014 7:23 PM

Gott in himmel, Lars Steinhofel is beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2014 7:58 PM

Horst Buccholz.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2014 8:00 PM

R19: Thank you, that's the guy I was thinking of...wonder what his story is...

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2014 8:01 PM

More gay or rumored gay celebs please!

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2014 10:48 PM

How can we forget the Irish/German halfbreed hotness that is first-time Academy Award nominee Michael Fassbender (no relation to Werner?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2014 6:09 AM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2014 6:17 AM

[quote]I have no proof, but I think Arne Friedrich might be gay.

Why do people think he's gay? I know there's been rumors about him, but he's had the same girlfriend for 10 years. He's also retired now, so if he was gay, why would he bother bearding and staying in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2014 7:09 AM

I have a crush on Benno Furmann. gay? sadly not likely. anyone have any insight?

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Just watched 'Romeos' and the two leads sent my 'gaydar' off the chart! There's no info as to their relationships or marriage and when I googled for this info. got nothing! Rick Okon just oozes sex and those green eyes of his help a lot! Does anyone have anything on him?

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2019 3:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!