Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

so what is the story about Julia Roberts and the T-Shirt message to Danny's exwife

I need info!

by Anonymousreply 92September 29, 2018 11:09 AM

?

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2014 1:51 AM

Danny Moder's wife at the time was named Vera. Julia and Danny had a fling, but Julia decided she wanted to marry Danny. Vera refuse to walk away quietly and refused to be bought off.

Because Vera wouldn't agree to a divorce on Julia's terms, spoiled brat Julia got pissy and paraded around in a homemade t-shirt that said "A-low Vera", knowing full well the paparazzi would take pics and get them published in the tabloids. She did it to shame Vera but instead it made Julia look like a vindictive petty bitch that she is.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2014 2:01 AM

When Danny Moder asked his wife, Vera, for a divorce so that he could marry Julia, Vera kept dragging her heels, hoping he'd reconsider. So Julia went around town wearing a t-shirt that read, "A Low Vera."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2014 2:03 AM

I love my life!

My BITCHY life!

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2014 2:06 AM

OK, I'm having a slow moment.

"A Low Vera"? What does that mean.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2014 2:11 AM

Vera was also pregnant at the time the affair started.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2014 2:13 AM

Wait, is that a play on aloe vera?

Please tell me it's not.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2014 2:14 AM

A low Vera was wordplay on Aloe Vera.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2014 2:15 AM

And she thought that was clever?

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2014 2:18 AM

Yeah, at the time, Roberts had some kind of lame ass bullshit excuse for the t-shirt, but later on Oprah, Roberts said it was a private matter but that she stood by her t-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2014 2:31 AM

Danny no longer wanted to remain betrothed and Julia was simply expressing her desire to be married to him by wearing a garment that was designed to enlighten his estranged wife of this fact.

I see nothing wrong with her sartorial editorial.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2014 2:35 AM

That smug smile.

Rumors are the husband hates his life

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2014 2:35 AM

RE: Danny no longer wanted to remain betrothed and Julia was simply expressing her desire to be married to him by wearing a garment that was designed to enlighten his estranged wife of this fact.

I see nothing wrong with her sartorial editorial.

Dear r11, as r6 pointed out: Vera was also pregnant at the time the affair started.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2014 2:38 AM

if he dumped his pregnant wife than he and Julia truly deserve one another.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2014 2:43 AM

If I remember correctly Julia wanted them to divorce quickly so she could marry him and Vera wasn't agreeing to a settlement that included some of Julia's money.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2014 2:48 AM

This is why I don't see how Julia got an Oscar nomination for playing the vile bitchy character in August. Where was the acting?

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2014 2:53 AM

maybe she was not pregnant at the time of the divorce:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2014 3:03 AM

Photo of rude shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2014 3:05 AM

Danny should hang out with Dean McDermott. Except Dean is even more miserable because not only did he not get the Spelling's fortune, he has to look at Tori. His non-Hollywood ex, who probably eats a lot more than Tori, was much cuter.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2014 3:07 AM

Saw him at one of the awards shows. He is not aging well.

I guess being horse toof's primary purse carrier is not all it's cracked up to be.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2014 3:10 AM

[quote]Danny should hang out with Dean McDermott. Except Dean is even more miserable because not only did he not get the Spelling's fortune, he has to look at Tori.

actually they didn't get any money and Dean has cheated on Tori now (see tabloids)

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2014 3:10 AM

It would be interesting to discuss why so many DLers--who we can assume are largely fat men over the age of 60--exhibit such hostility towards Julia Roberts. When did the rage begin? A midnight showing of "Steel Magnolias" in Palm Springs? Any theories?

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2014 3:20 AM

more of the same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2014 3:21 AM

r22=homophobic, possibly self hating, star worshiper

(and to answer your question: because she made such a big deal of painting herself as a saint on Oprah for so many years, it is just normal, on a gossip site dedicated to bitchery, for people p[aying attention to call her out on the fact that the emperor has no clothes.

go back to US magazine dear heart

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2014 3:27 AM

Not only is this story ages OLD, it's also the dullest celeb story.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2014 3:28 AM

so why are you posting/reading the thread r25?

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2014 3:29 AM

Dull to you, horseface. We like hearing about how you stole your hubs from his poor unsuspecting wife. Never gets old!

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2014 3:31 AM

R26, Today someone posted a YouTube link to JR doing something embarrassing and narcissistic and it was removed from YT within minutes.

Someone has been posting emotionally invested, pro - JR comments here for two days.

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2014 3:39 AM

What was she doing in the vid, R28?

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2014 3:59 AM

I thought it was supposed to mean, "hello, Vera" as in "I got your man now and the whole world sees so fuck you Vera."

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2014 7:59 AM

a very close friend who works in production, once told me, "there are two people who i will never work on one of their films again, no matter how much i'm paid: madonna and julia roberts."

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2014 8:25 AM

Wasn't this t-shirt the beginning of the end for Julia?

I'm so glad that Sandra Bullock of all actresses stole Julia's girl-next-door thunder, outlasting her and outperforming her for over the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2014 8:46 AM

[quote]because she made such a big deal of painting herself as a saint on Oprah for so many years

I don't think she did paint herself as saint on Oprah. Oprah was all over her, talking her up all the time.

She came across as her very unpleasant, ungracious self on Oprah, with no trouble at all.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2014 8:58 AM

She wears moo moos now.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2014 9:01 AM

Anyone have a link to a current pic if Mr Julie Roberts?

He was a cutey years ago

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2014 11:39 AM

[quote]thought it was supposed to mean, "hello, Vera"

That's how I read it. It's an attempt at Cockney, innit.?

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2014 1:55 PM

If that bitch hadn't committed the category fraud of submitting herself in the supporting category I would have my second nomination!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2014 1:49 AM

so how much did Vera get to go away?

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2014 10:11 PM

Nice factual summary R2.

Julia Roberts is the phoniest bitch out there.

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2014 10:15 PM

Julia and Danny are divorcing. It's on the cover of Star this week. Apparently he has been appalled over the way she treated her late sister. She banned him from going to the funeral! He thinks she's a phony bitch and says her grieving over her sister was the best bit of acting she has ever done.

That's why she didn't go to Clooney's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2014 10:23 PM

Julia fat shamed her sister into suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2014 10:27 PM

I've decided you should visit our mother at this time.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2014 10:37 PM

R32, Happy for Sandra Bullock. So why does JR keep getting hired? Name recognition overseas? A-list friends?

Exactly how long after the wedding did JR seduce Danny?

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2014 10:52 PM

He should hate his wife - saw the family parading around about 5 or 6 years ago at a country fair in the northeast and she was in entitled uber frau with a stroller mode. He trailed sheepishly behind apologizing in her wake - as she pushed through crowds and tried to cut lines.

The twins are homely - ha!

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Karma took care of it, trust me. Let's just say she had to borrow Diane Lane's bag of frozen peas a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2014 11:23 PM

In a way, I hope you're right, R45.

From US magazine's letters to the editor....

I hope someone knocks the Kiefer out of that Bratt.

All these yrs and I still remember reading that!

by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2014 11:28 PM

She always refers to her husband by his full name like it's in their contract.

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2014 11:34 PM

maybe it is.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2014 3:59 AM

Oh! That bitchy Julia

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2014 2:48 AM

"I weep for Danny Moder and what he's done for your confidence.

-----Oprah (she actually said that!!!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2014 3:09 AM

Julia has more confidence than anybody has a right to.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2014 3:11 AM

I will give Julia some credit regarding her success. She said it is simply luck and timing. This was when Oprah was interviewing her and trying claim that Julia's success was from some higher being and Julia's supreme talent. I don't care for Julia, but I did admire that she shut down Oprah's nonsense about how you just need to work hard to succeed in the entertainment industry. Still, Julia is as smug as hell.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2014 3:22 AM

I don't believe in luck. I believe success is when preparation meets opportunity and I'm not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2014 3:27 AM

Julia Roberts- the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2014 3:45 AM

women who are homewreckers always get what they deserve. Danny didn't mind leaving his pregnant lady - but he's going to stick by Julia forever? these homewrecker things never, ever work out that i've seen.

I don't think Julia's a very nice person and I'm happy to hear that she's getting a taste of her own medicine - aloe vera-flavored, of course :)

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2014 4:08 AM

Love you, Sandy at R54! Let us know if you're adopting more children!

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2014 11:48 AM

I believe the marriage is over. He didn't attend the GLSEN dinner with her and I think he was being honored as well. She's a nasty piece of work, but he got what he deserved. The ex thought when Julia called their home she was helping his career and was excited for him. She didn't realize what a deceptive back stabber Julia was.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2014 7:06 AM

She hand stitched the shirt. That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard of a celebrity doing outside of molestation and murder

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2014 7:29 AM

LOL, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2014 7:36 AM

I kind of feel like the sister has some legitimate gripes against her.

by Anonymousreply 60March 5, 2015 2:08 AM

I remember the t-shirt and at that point, I realized that Julia was probably the meanest bitch in town.

by Anonymousreply 61March 5, 2015 2:10 AM

What does that say about those who employ her and stand up next to her claiming to be her friends?

by Anonymousreply 62March 5, 2015 4:54 AM

She stole the ending of my movie yet still ended up in supporting.

by Anonymousreply 63March 5, 2015 4:59 AM

I DON'T SEE WHY THE T-SHIRT IS SUCH A BIG FUCKING DEAL YOU GUYS

by Anonymousreply 64March 5, 2015 5:48 AM

Oprah once confronted her on this. What did she say to the O? I forget.

by Anonymousreply 65March 5, 2015 6:01 AM

R65 see R10:

[quote]Oprah: Why did you wear that T-shirt? [Julia was photographed wearing a shirt that read A LOW VERA. Some thought this was a reference to Danny's ex-wife, Vera.] What was that about?

[quote]Julia: You know what that was about? It was private.

[quote]Oprah: Okay.

[quote]Julia: I stand by my T-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 5, 2015 6:27 AM

Are people seriously not getting the "A Low Vera" T-shirt? I thought it was self-explanatory.

On the one hand, it's a play on "aloe vera," the prickly plant, but it's also calling Vera "low," as in Vera's beneath her and she has no respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 67March 5, 2015 6:30 AM

In other words, Roberts was being passive-aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 68March 5, 2015 6:31 AM

It's not only aggressive, it's something straight out of DSM-5. To echo what a previous poster said, just picturing Julia Roberts maniacally embroidering that shirt is one of the creepiest things imaginable. How long did it take her to do? This is someone who actually took the time to create a special goddamned shirt strictly for the purpose of demeaning another human being. That is FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 69March 5, 2015 6:53 AM

Was the ex-wife alerting the paparrazzi as to their whereabouts or something?

by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2015 6:58 AM

How did Julia get so many people to call her attractive. I think she does a pretty good job of acting, but her face surely stops clocks. It may just be my take, but I think Roberts is the definition of drab, with a Martha Ray mouth.

by Anonymousreply 71March 5, 2015 7:16 AM

R71 Roberts got the nickname PRETTY WOMAN, because of the movie, which was a big blockbuster and the 3rd highest grossing movie of 1990 and pretty much made her a star and garnered her a Best Actress nomination.

But imagine if they had stuck with the original title and premise, WHORE?

by Anonymousreply 72March 5, 2015 7:20 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2015 9:34 AM

He looks awful in that picture. Zero fat is not pretty.

I feel sorry for him, she's pure witch.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2015 1:12 PM

He looks rode hard and put away wet.

by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2015 1:15 PM

My guess is DM fixates on his body and obsesses over food as it is the only control he has over his life.

I suspect since marrying, he has signed additional contracts to STAY married to JR and he's sold his soul. That marriage breaking up would be devastating to JR's image and ego.

People did not forgive her for the TShirt. Nor did they forget.

If memory serves, I believe Vera Moder was resistent to signing divorce papers which culminated in the tshirt fiasco. I hope she got a huge divorce settlement.

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2015 1:24 PM

I wrote off Roberts after that t-shirt. The woman advertised she is of low character. She felt entitled to torment the pregnant wife of the married man she was whoring with. No integrity, no shame, entitlement, bully. It wouldn't surprise me to learn she and Danny are miserable now. It's a suitable state of being for their character, lack of it.

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2015 1:46 PM

I stand by my t shirt.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2015 2:34 PM

Julia actually looks rather pleased and proud of herself

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Most people would feel guilty if they caused their boyfriend's wife a stress induced miscarriage.

Julia is a winner who finds a way to not be burdened with such pesky emotions.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2015 3:01 PM

I'm gonna bump this old thread to see if there is any new gossip on Julia.

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2017 4:09 PM

And they call ME a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2017 4:21 PM

Julia and Danny along with their kids enjoyed fireworks on the 4th on Clooney's boat. Some months earlier Clooney had praised Julia to the skies as a loyal friend and an excellent actress beloved by all (or words to that effect) when she won an award at a fab Hollywood ceremony in front of her peers.

According to BlindGossip Julia married Danny because he had a big dxxk. According to this particular gossip site she has been rumored to go after all of her leads, do-stars, directors, producers of both sexes, and even crew members. She repeats encounters with those who have big dxxks. BlindGossip obviously hates Julia calling her Ghoulia and similar such names, and barely concealing any negative blinds about her. Claims her best role was when she was typecast as the witch.

BlindGossip also says her rep is to be horrid to anyone below her in status but a suck up to those who can help her career.

Danny's exwife had resigned herself to onsite affairs as the norm in the entertainment industry. However like other spouses the understanding was that they ended at wrap time. Danny had just returned from his honeymoon or a similar romantic vacation just a few days before crewing on the set with Julia. Once seduced by Julia who learned of his abnormal size she wouldn't let go.

I have a near perfect memory. Ask me to recite all of my grammar school teachers starting with kindergarten. No problem. Helps with memorizing lines for auditions too.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2017 7:56 PM

Let us face it, Danny cheated on Vera and he cheats on Julia.

by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Update is Julia stared in Money Monster directed by and co-staring her very loyal friends. The film was said to be a modest hit. She did get a lot of extra pap attention for the film in Cannes with her attention getting antics. That was not at all appreciated by Clooney's wife. He apparently loves women with a certain rep.

One of the film's producers was a relative of Clooney's wife which is why she was on the Red Carpet with her husband. Danny was nowhere in sight.

by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2017 8:29 PM

Do they still live together?

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2017 8:49 PM

[quote]So Julia went around town wearing a t-shirt that read, "A Low Vera."

The best part is that she is laughing in that picture, R3. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2017 8:52 PM

R86, Have they ever? All properties are big enough to have guest quarters for multiple visitors. So 2 people can live at the same place and never have to see each other except for pap walks and other contrived meetings.

by Anonymousreply 88April 4, 2017 11:09 PM

Well, at least she didn't prank call Vera and ask if she had Prince Albert in a can.......

Heartbreaking Hollywood star JULIA ROBERTS humiliated the wife of her latest lover with a "jokey" phone call. OSCAR-winner Julia rang the home of cameraman DANNY MODER - but when his unsuspecting wife VERA picked up the phone, Julia refused to show any pity.

The PRETTY WOMAN (1990) actress told Vera, "I think your husband is yummy - may I borrow him?" Vera, believing the newly-single star was joking, replied, "As long as you return him like you found him. " Julia then cracked back, "I'll give him a wash and brush up first. "

Danny, the 32-year-old son of film producer MIke MODER, later devastated Vera by admitting he and Julia were lovers. And tearful Vera said the phone call had made her feel like a fool. Julia, 33, and Danny met last year (00) on the set of MEXICAN, The (2001) - and earlier this year (01) Julia got Danny a job on the film GRAND CHAMPION, which she helped finance.

Now Vera's cousin LUDMILLA STEINBERG says Julia was "acting like an innocent sweet thing" while wrecking the Moders' marriage. She says, "Vera did not think it was unusual for Julia to ring Danny because they were working on the film. Vera feels foolish because she felt proud that Julia found Danny so nice. The marriage is over and Julia is to blame. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2017 12:15 AM

I love my life!

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2017 11:10 PM

To add on that vile t-shirt she wore-she deliberately also went to the freaking Ivy. She also deliberately sat outside in full view of the paparazzi, so she could make sure she got photographed in it.

I am guessing that was probably her first and only time going there.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2017 12:52 AM

Of course Julia's money should have been involved...Queens have always had to pay for their consorts...it was expected

by Anonymousreply 92September 29, 2018 11:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!