Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's Robin Wright's reputation?

She always plays ice cold cunts, but she works steadily enough that it'd be hard to believe she's difficult in real life. Her kids with Penn are fucking monsters, but now she's dating a really chill guy who wouldn't settle...

Any stories?

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2020 2:34 AM

She sucks raw moose dick.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2014 12:13 AM

Super picky and wont work unless the role is serious, refuses to trade on her looks which is why she's never played the girlfriend, shares Penn's humanist left politics, gets bumped from a lot of films by bigger stars (like Julianne Moore in The kids are alright), solid professional on set, introverted/aspie-esque in person, hated being on the soap opera.

Not an agressive careerist. She'll never win an oscar because she wont campaign for it.

Collects Precious Moments figurines.

Can take a punch.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2014 12:41 AM

Her man is kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2014 12:42 AM

[quote] Super picky and wont work unless the role is serious

She backed out at the very last minute two mega movies.

The Firm and Robin Hood.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2014 12:43 AM

[quote]gets bumped from a lot of films by bigger stars (like Julianne Moore in The kids are alright)

Whew. That movie would have been deadly boring with her in it.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2014 12:45 AM

I think people felt really sorry when she got out of the relationship with Sean Penn, because everyone in Hollywood believed (a) she gave up a promising career for twenty years to raise their kids, and (b) Penn probably beat her during the marriage given his reputation.

I think it's a huge mistake she's with Ben Foster. He's hot, but he's so much like Penn it's scary: very talented, big-nosed, hyperintense actor with a great body and anger management problems.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2014 12:46 AM

[quote]Not an agressive careerist. She'll never win an oscar because she wont campaign for it.

So how did she win the GG?

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2014 12:47 AM

Robin Wright is a four-time Emmy nominated actress.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2014 12:47 AM

There's a woman on Gossip Rocks who used to live in the same neighborhood the Penns lived in (Marin).

She claimed that Wright was a cold, cold bitch, apparently smokes a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2014 12:49 AM

Ben Foster reminds me some of Penn. I had not thought of that till I heard Robin was dating him.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2014 12:55 AM

I recall an interview in 90's where she said her and Penn got along so well blah blah because they both grew up with alcoholic, sometimes violent parents. She grew up moving around in Texas with a brother(iirc) and a mother who sold Mary Kay.

She took on Penn's "I'm a serious artist" attitude when they got together. Also, she got pregnant very early in the Penn situation.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2014 1:07 AM

People felt sorry for Wright before she married Penn. Back when they were dating he treated her like shit and it never changed. Smoking is normal in Hollywood, she has bigger problems with Penn as her ex and a mini-Penn as her current beau.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2014 1:09 AM

[quote]What's Robin Wright's reputation?[/quote]

Boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2014 1:09 AM

What I'd like to know is how someone as cool as Charlize is supposed to be is doing with Penn now. I mean ugh. She seems so smart and laid back, you'd think he'd be kryptonite to someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2014 1:13 AM

maybe the couples are really the two men together and the two women together. Hollywood is tricky.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2014 1:16 AM

You may be on to something. I recall there being rumors about Wright and Rebecca Miller (Mrs DDL) a few years ago when they did a movie together.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2014 1:20 AM

Hasn't she been really snatchy when people ask her to talk about her stint on Santa Barbara?

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2014 1:23 AM

has depression issues, kind of a victim who just couldn't break away from Penn

seems happier now that she finally did

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2014 1:27 AM

I loved her in "Santa Barbara"

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2014 3:18 AM

She'll never have a better role than Kelly Capwell

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2014 3:19 AM

Her menopausal ass is now engaged to 33-year-old X-Man/Six Feet Under alum Ben Foster.

Nice job throwing away your DNA, Foster.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2014 3:26 AM

Wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2014 3:28 AM

[quote] I loved her in "Santa Barbara"

I loved Santa Barbara period. They don't make them like that anymore. Ok, they hardly make them at all, but you know what I mean.

And hell yes on Charlize and Sean Penn. Why? She could do so much better.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2014 3:43 AM

R9 [quote] There's a woman on Gossip Rocks who used to live in the same neighborhood the Penns lived in (Marin). She claimed that Wright was a cold, cold bitch, apparently smokes a lot too.

Your friend nailed it! Back in 1999 Robin Wright Penn, Kevin Costner and the late Paul Newman filmed the movie "Message in a Bottle" in New Harbor, Maine for about five weeks during the summer. My family has a summer home in the area. Many of the natives were extras in the movie. The scenes in the boathouse and some of the outdoor sequences were shot on the properties of several of my friends.

The Penns were there with their two kids Dylan and Hopper who were about 9 and 6, respectively at the time of filming. The locals were pretty low key and pretty much left the cast and crew alone. Kevin Costner was extremely nice and friendly and would sign autographs and take pictures. Paul Newman was quiet and shy and commanded a lot of respect. He would say "Hi," though. Believe it or not, Sean Penn was pretty nice to people, friendly, would say Hello, smile and sign autographs. Robin was a first class witch to everyone. Did not want to be approached; had a very cold, haughty manner and chain smoked. She didn't want anyone near her. The kids were normal kids.

One day when they took a break from filming at Shaw's Wharf Restaurant a seafood place, Hopper was being rambunctious as kids will do. Robin was ignoring his antics and he was disturbing the fishermen. They asked her nicely to get him away from their catch. Robin ignored them. Next thing you know little Hopper climbed up on a barrel filled with the catch of the day and fell in face first! The locals had a good laugh while Robin fumed.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2014 3:59 AM

I've always found her to be overrated and boring but opened my heart to her in House of Cards. Turned out I was fast forwarding her scenes by the end of the season. I just can't watch her.

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2016 4:56 PM

Why, R25 - because she is boring or bitchy?

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2016 5:08 PM

Buttercup was cold as ice too

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2016 5:22 PM

In other words, she was just being her normal self on HofC.

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2016 6:23 PM

She has always seemed like someone who didn't know how to be peaceful or happy. She always seems dead inside, onscreen and when I have seen candid photos of her. Completely joyless by the looks of it. The smoking explains why she's reed thin.

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2016 7:08 PM

[quote]which is why she's never played the girlfriend

Jenny???

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2016 7:36 PM

Anyone see Sorry, Haters - her craziest role?

Was she happy in The Princess Bride? I did not see that one.

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2016 7:54 PM

I think DLers would like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2016 7:59 PM

She was iconic in two movies: Forrest Gump and Princess Bride. That's about the average for the best movie stars. So, she's good. Her legacy is cemented.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2016 8:06 PM

How sad R33.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2016 8:23 PM

R2's post is so interesting (love the random figurines comment - LOL). But it DOES seem like she could have had a bigger career were it not for family. I suppose that's the lot for many women, unfortunately. I couldn't get past the first ep of House of Cards despite being big fans of Spacey, Wright and Fincher - the whole breaking the fourth wall thing and talking directly to the camera is such a turn-off to me - the only time that's ever worked in film for me was with Michael Caine in Alfie.

BUT, I did think Wright was absolutely brilliant in Sean Penn's 2001 film The Pledge with Jack Nicholson, Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Clarkson and Aaron Eckhart. In fact, it's a shame that they broke up because I would have loved to have seen Penn direct her again. That movie was really overlooked and underappreciated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2016 8:41 PM

Kind of a victim. Possibly borderline personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2016 12:52 AM

She's had very few sexual partners in terms of men. Her vagina is absolutely world class as a result. Even at her age.

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2017 11:10 PM

[quote] House of Cards. Turned out I was fast forwarding her scenes by the end of the season. I just can't watch her.

Yes. Somehow she has got it in her head House of Cards is about her as much as it is about Frank Underwood. She pushed though a big pay rise for herself, a Producer's credit, and then directed a group of episodes focusing on her character. Almost an entire season was thrown down the drain. In three seasons combined of the original BBC series, I doubt Mrs Francis Urquhart had more then 45 minutes screen time.

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2017 11:35 PM

People I know who worked on HOC said she was very low key and withdrawn, but not quite a bitch like some above said. They also said she hates Spacey, which if you know anything about his behavior on set you'd completely understand. She only took the part because she's starting to have difficulties getting parts and she's been cut out/had many scenes deleted from some of the projects she's been in recently.

And much like Diane Lane, if she's in a relationship with a guy, he's probably beating her.

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2017 11:57 PM

She has a great body.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2017 12:12 AM

"Can take a punch."

Oh, r2, that is deliciously bitchy.

Tee-hee.

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2017 12:15 AM

Boring as fuck, no-talent hack onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2017 12:59 AM

OP, she's great in her limited role in Enlightened. She plays the exact opposite of what she plays in House of Cards.--she plays a flaky hippy.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2017 1:03 AM

I went in for an interview at Santa Barbara as a p.a.; she was outside with a kid and they were just talking. We struck up a conversation and she wished me good luck.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2017 1:12 AM

I don't know her reputation but she's gorgeous in person. I saw her at Whole Foods on Montana in Santa Monica recently. She had wet short hair dressed in red sweatshirt and jeans and framed glasses and she was fucking astonishing. She looked like a frightened mouse, however, and wanted nobody to even notice her. Head down in the aisles etc..

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2017 1:32 AM

I actually thought she was fantastic in Wonder Woman. I wish the film had focused on her. She was perfect as a bad-ass mentor. Stole the movie completely from Gal.

She was the Wonder Woman.

I've always liked her. You could tell she was destined for big things on Santa Barbara. And when I saw her in The Princess Bride, you knew that she was going to make the transition to movies. She may not have had the massive career people expected but she has worked steadily and now free of Penn, seems to be making up for lost time.

I also applaud her for not becoming a botoxed, rubbery figure.

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2017 2:27 AM

She was the main reason I watched Santa Barbara. So beautiful, and that hair!

She made a huge impression in WONDER WOMAN, the biggest movie of the summer. Not bad for an over 50 actress.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2017 3:25 AM

Wow, R43, I saw that episode recently and I thought she was completely off (and that episode was directed by Jonathan Demme). She did not embody that character; she seemed forced playing it.

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2017 4:14 AM

R48, I didn't think so. I so it before I saw a single episode of House of Cards. I thought it made complete sense why Laura Dern's character would be jealous of her. The way Robin Wright played her, she seemed flaky but very content with herself--a total new-age hippy type. Laura Dern's character tried so hard to pull of the hippy image, but it was all image. She was a neurotic mess.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2017 8:50 PM

Enable of Sean Penn and ex beard for Ben foster

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2017 9:04 PM

The actor who was hired to replace her boyfriend on Santa Barbara later complained in a soap rag about her giving him a hard time and being unwelcoming. I can't remember any of the details though.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2017 9:24 PM

Well, we disagree, R49. I don't think Robin Wright has enough spontaneity in her to play character like that. It was the first time that I disliked her in something, by the way. Her best performance, in my opinion, was in The Pledge.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2017 9:27 PM

She was great in White Oleander, she captured the foul essence of a fucked-up blonde southern mess quite well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2017 9:29 PM

I don't like her. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2017 9:30 PM

She had an interview years ago with Charlie Rose to discuss her role in a movie directed by Sean Penn. Charlie kept trying to get her to talk about herself, and she all she could talk about was Sean and how great he was directing the movie. It was so sad seeing this woman who had zero ego.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2017 9:31 PM

I saw her recently in Adore and I thought she was hot af.

by Anonymousreply 56July 3, 2018 9:02 PM

Is she nicer now that she's detoxed from Sean or is she just a broken person?

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2020 1:39 AM

She went from Sean to Ben Foster to this guy. I'm sure she's fine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 1:47 AM

This sounds like Epstein shit:

[QUOTE] My friend was almost raped by him about 8 years ago. She and her friend were massage therapists (licensed with no intentions of performing 'happy endings'). Anyways Penn and that photographer Peter Nygard hired them both for in-house massages to be given during a pool party. My friends set their tables up in a large mirrored room as requested by Nygard (it was his home) and would give massages to the male and female guests. A very professional gig, or so they thought. Later Nygard and Penn come in and undress completely and lay on the tables. As my friend and her pal were finishing up, Nygard pulls out this remote that locks all the doors and announces that the real fun was about to begin. The girls went into panic mode really had to fight hard to get out of there. Nygard was the more aggressive but Penn weirded my friend out the most cause he just sat up on the table and jerked his cock while laughing at them. It was like he was getting off more on their fear than anything else. My friend is no longer a massage therapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2020 2:12 AM

Ugh, creepy AF, R59.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2020 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!