Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Linda McCartney, Groupie

I did not know Linda was a groupie before she married Paul. The book "Mother of Rock: The Lillian Roxon Story" claims Linda had flings with Tim Buckley and Warren Beatty:

"I remember how impressed I was with her come-on hard-on talents as she sat in front of Mr. B in a mini skirt and her legs in a full wide-angle split for at least six rolls of Ektachrome."

Not bad for rather a homely girl! Who else did Linda bang?

by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2018 11:33 PM

She wasn't homely. She was considered pretty, especially for the 60s

Blonde straight hair, parted in the middle, blue eyes, thin.

by Anonymousreply 1January 4, 2014 2:44 AM

She was too good for that assface Paul.

by Anonymousreply 2January 4, 2014 2:46 AM

No disrespect intended, R1 and R2. I'm impressed that she scored all these hot men while rocking a plain look. Must have been seductive in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 4, 2014 3:02 AM

Linda was very plain. Paul must have been truly in love.

by Anonymousreply 4January 4, 2014 3:14 AM

Paul needed a dedicated audience 24/7. The asshole even made her deathbed about him.

by Anonymousreply 5January 4, 2014 3:20 AM

Paul was so girly. Even in his old age he looks like an old woman.

by Anonymousreply 6January 4, 2014 6:28 PM

It's good that he's still around

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2016 1:44 AM

She was a slut

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2016 1:50 AM

She originally went after John. Yoko bragged that she could have had Paul, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2016 1:53 AM

Linda must of been desirable 'cause she attracted high profile men. She had a nice body including large breasted which probably has a lot to do with why she ended having so much whoppi with them. She was in her 20's and that's when people had a strong libidos. She must of been just real horny I guess.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2016 1:59 AM

OP, how does that make her a groupie?

As an aside, Lillian Roxon threw a fund raising party for Helen Reddy to help her raise cash for rent. Jeff Wald crashed the party (without kicking in $$$) and Helen came onto him that night. I think they did the U-Haul thing as I don't believe he ever left.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2016 2:21 AM

She was from a wealthy family so she knew how to behave.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2016 2:33 AM

Yes, she did come from wealth. Linda Eastman of Eastman Kodak. She wasn't into Paul for his money.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2016 2:39 AM

R11 it was Martin St. James who threw the rent party.

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2016 2:40 AM

R13 she wasn't one of the Kodak Eastmans, that old urban myth was debunked a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2016 2:41 AM

r14, thank you. All these years I had never heard that Martin St. James threw the party.

In the spring of 1968, Martin St. James – a hypnotist/entertainer and fellow Australian she had met in New York City – threw Reddy a party with an admission price of $5 to enable Reddy – then down to her last $12 – to pay her rent. It was on this occasion that Reddy met her future manager and husband Jeff Wald, a 22-year-old secretary at the William Morris Agency who crashed the party:[14] Reddy told People in 1975, "[Wald] didn't pay the five dollars, but it was love at first sight."[12]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2016 2:48 AM

Linda had around 20 sexual partners in a 2 year span right before hooking up with Paul. In those days people weren't concerned about STDs. The only thing she had to worry about was getting pregnant. Considering how fertile she was (she had 4 children) she was probably on the pill or rubbers were used.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2016 12:36 PM

Attracting high profile men isn't that hard to do, people. Being above average in looks, and having a naturally great body, helps. All kinds of men come on to you if that's the case, high profile, or otherwise. It really depends on what circles you travel in. If Jennifer Lopez had never left the Bronx, chances are she would have never met Ben Affleck. Same with Linda. She was around the scene, eventually she was going to meet someone and fall in love. It just happened to be that he was Paul McCartney.

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2016 12:55 PM

Linda Eastman's father changed their last name to Eastman from Epstein.

Like Brian Epstein, Leopold Epstein, aka Lee Eastman, was in the entertainment industry. He helped Paul McCartney legally dissolve the Beatles and managed Paul's solo career, making Paul the most wealthy ex-Beatle.

If John hadn't sided with Allen Klein -- which he did because Yoko told him that Lee would favor his son-in-law Paul in legal agreements -- all of the Beatles would be more wealthy today.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2016 1:03 PM

If you ever want to understand what "pushy Jew" means, look to Linda Eastman

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2016 1:42 PM

She tried to seduce an ex of mine. He was 15 at the time and she was a few years older.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2016 1:45 PM

A few studio technicians who couldn't stand Linda separated her voice out from the rest of the group on this recording so the world could hear what they had to put up with regularly. Paul adored her so she was going to be in the group no matter what.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2016 2:30 PM

Would of been nice if she 'd spent more time in the mid sixties learning music and singing instead of spending it getting fucked so much.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2016 1:27 AM

Which would you have chosen, r23?

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2016 1:55 AM

From Linda's angle I suppose if I had large cans, great ass and pair of legs and I was stress out raising a daughter as a single parent and I had the good fortune of meeting rock stars in person who wanted to nail me I would probably chose the pleasures of intercourse

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2016 2:26 AM

Didn't she also sleep with Hendrix allegedly (pre Paul of course).

And Mick Jagger as well I think.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2016 2:54 AM

I remember that R5, and yes it's true what R6 says, Paul looks like Angela Lansbury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2016 3:23 AM

She didn't do Jagger from what I read. They had hung out but nothing happen. She did Hendrix, Morrison and Warren Betty and maybe Brian Jones.

by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2016 1:44 AM

Do I need to say it?

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2016 1:56 AM

I'm not judging her for all the lovers she had. I just find this an interesting insight into someone's sexlife who was married to a very famous person.

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2016 1:57 AM

Was she friends or did she know the groupies that would go around making plaster casts of musicians' penises?

by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2016 1:58 AM

I hear she was a "high end" groupie

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2016 2:00 AM

So she didn't hand with those type of groupies

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2016 2:01 AM

Boy i'll tell ya that she had a nice pair of breast. I have to admit I've done a lot of pleasuring myself to them.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2016 2:05 AM

Linda was occasionally attractive before Paul, but when she got with him she really let herself go. Her boobs were hanging to her forearms already, and going bra less didn't help. Don't know why anyone would think those hairy bird legs and no ass at all were attractive. You people must be blind.

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2016 2:14 AM

No, R35, love is blind.

by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2016 2:27 AM

It was Yoko thant tried to bag Paul. He said he was not interested and sent her over to John's place. Big mistake. She plied him with drugs and completely controlled him. She is evil for what she did to Julian Lennon.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2016 2:30 AM

What did she do to Julian Lennon?

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2016 2:48 AM

From what I've read, she denied Julian any of John's personal effects, even letters Julian wrote him as a child, and Julian had to bid for and purchase what he could went they went to auction.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2016 4:21 AM

Ooh, I love Tim Buckley. Nice one, Linda!

by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2016 6:01 AM

Total groupie who followed rockers using a camera as her entree. Slept with them all. Check out her posthumous rock photo book to see all the dudes she nailed. She was just lucky to get Paul, who "did the right thing" after she got pregnant. John and Ringo married the pregnant girlfriends as well. Different times.

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2016 7:09 AM

Ummm. ....Warren Beatty screwed anything that moved. He wasn't a 'catch' - just your run of the mill narcissist. Women fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2016 7:57 AM

Responding to "Don't know why anyone would think those hairy bird legs and no ass at all were attractive. You people must be blind."

I don't think she had bird legs. I thought they were nice and if you check out some pics, she had a nice ass too. PM got the best pick of the litter 'cause he was able to with his fame and wealth. The fact he chose her speaks volumes of her desirability. That being her looks , personality and that she was the right person to be a mother to the kids he wanted to have.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2016 2:04 AM

A lot of people just aren't photogenic. Linda was probably one of these folks. I'm certain she was much better looking in person.

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2016 2:08 AM

Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2016 2:45 AM

Linda had to be better looking in person. Why would so many rock stars want to have whopi with her.

by Anonymousreply 46August 29, 2016 1:22 AM

You could say she had a belly full of dicks in the late 60's. I read that she was on birth control during the 2 year love fest 66-68. That means she have sex bareback with these rocks stars and Warren Betty. She must of been having a lot of carnal pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 47October 29, 2016 1:00 AM

She was a photographer/groupie. Whatever was going on when the got together, they had a very successful marriage.

by Anonymousreply 48October 29, 2016 1:08 AM

Yes they did because they got it out of their system

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2016 3:16 AM

From what I read, Julian was allowed his pick of John's guitars after John's death. He didn't have to buy any.

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2016 3:27 AM

In an interview once, Paul stated he and Linda met in a bar. So that's different from a groupie situation. Groupies hung around the concerts of rock groups, hoping to be picked up.

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2016 3:28 AM

[quote]In an interview once, Paul stated he and Linda met in a bar. So that's different from a groupie situation. Groupies hung around the concerts of rock groups, hoping to be picked up.

NO, not a bar, a nightclub where Georgie Fame was performing, in London. Georgie Fame (the guy in the middle) was a BIG pop star in England in the 60s.

She was hanging out with The Animals who she'd met and photographed in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2016 3:36 AM

They all went on to another club together.

She met Paul again when she went to photograph The Beatles at the launch party for Sgt. Pepper - where she made a beeline for him (see pic >>>)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2016 3:39 AM

She said this was the only worthwhile photo she took of The Beatles at The Sgt. Pepper launch party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2016 3:42 AM

Imagine being a guest at the Sgt Pepper launch party, how cool!

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2016 3:53 AM

She looked plain because she never wore makeup or dressed up. There are earlier pics of her with makeup and she is stunning. She has great bone structure and a nice body.

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2016 4:19 AM

Her boobs hung to her forearms. She was completely sycophantic to Paul as he was reeling from his breakup from longtime girlfriend Jane Asher and John was totally into Yoko and the Beatles were heading towards breakup as well.

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2016 4:34 AM

At the time, there was a vogue for "the natural look", and some young women wore no makeup and didn't shave anything and the young men of the time STILL found them attractive!

She wasn't unattractive, but she doesn't fit the overly made-up and surgeried modern ideal of beauty. Hell, some of you haven't seen a white girl without makeup since your mommas were young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2016 4:38 AM

[quote]She looked plain because she never wore makeup or dressed up.

Right and she was very fair and needed make-up.

The guy who worked at Apple, Peter Brown, was gay and knew her because she hung out with a group of gay guys that he knew in New York (always had gay friends, did Linda) and he was the one who got her the pass for The Sgt. Pepper party. He said she TOTALLY transformed her scruffy self for the Sgt. Pepper party, as you can see from the pic with her at Paul's feet @R53. Why not? She knew what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2016 4:41 AM

R52 - fine, but I specifically remember Paul using the word "bar" in the interview that I saw. The word "bar" stuck in my head. Paul and Linda were interviewed together for some major American news show.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2016 4:45 AM

Peter Brown wrote a very good, very gossipy insiders book about The Beatles in the early 80s. It was a little too mean spirited for (my) comfort, but if the subject interests you, you should get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2016 4:45 AM

[quote]She looked plain because she never wore makeup or dressed up. There are earlier pics of her with makeup and she is stunning. She has great bone structure and a nice body.

She was a good looking girl and looked good as she got older.

Later in life she seemed to discover the magic of make-up and presented herself in a much slicker way when she sold herself as a writer of cookbooks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2016 4:55 AM

I have never come across any photo where she was any sort of great "beauty", yet she was never unattractive either. This was all before my time, but with many of my Gen X friends obsessed with The Beatles and in some cases Wings - I have seen tons and tons of her in still photos and some film loops. She wasn't embarrassing by any means - always thinish and OK face. I think that those qualities alone were sufficient for that era of Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton - both being far more striking and with far more of an "it" factor than Linda BTW.

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2016 5:00 AM

I used to see them around in London when I was a kiddie. I lived near them and my best friend used to live in a house opposite them. There were always fans hanging around in front, climbing on the walls. Sometimes they even broke in and stole stuff - hence the song 'They came in through the bathroom window'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2016 5:06 AM

R57 nailed it. "She was completely sycophantic to Paul as he was reeling from his breakup from longtime girlfriend Jane Asher..."

Jane Asher was a gifted actress, a high profile former child star. She was very cute and photogenic, from an upper class British family (lived on Wimpole St.) and a polished show business professional. She met Paul when she interviewed the Beatles. Paul actually moved into her parents' home in 1963 and lived there until they moved into his home in St John's Wood in 1966. They were engaged in 1967. In 1968 she came home from an acting assignment earlier than expected and found him in bed with a hanger-on fan.

She left that day and they broke up shortly thereafter. She said that incident at their home wasn't the only reason for the breakup. Paul was a pussy hound and using a lot of drugs. When Jane broke it off Paul understood he'd fucked up. He lost her and took a bit of a hit from her fans and his own fans who really liked and admired Jane. Linda was clearly a rebound for his wounded heart and needy ego. She was a willing opportunist.

The bigger reason for the breakup with Jane was that Paul wanted her to give up her career once they married, which she refused to do. Jane had everything that Linda didn't - a high profile career, a big fan base, style, looks, a lot of presence, and an I'm my own person attitude. Linda paled in comparison and a lot of his fans had a wtf reaction when he married Linda out of the blue.

Like R57 said, she was completely sycophantic to Paul, who needs 24/7 attention and is a big control freak. Apparently it all worked out very well for both of them for many years. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2016 5:48 AM

[quote]Jane Asher was a gifted actress, a high profile former child star. She was very cute and photogenic

She's continued to be high profile actress/personality in England ever since, (actually, not much in recent years).

French & Saunders had a long running joke about 'lovely, wonderful' Jane on their sketch show, years ago.

She's a BAD actress and an awful, sour woman (personality-wise think, Julia Roberts with an English accent, but not quite as bad as her) . She's a 'lucky bitch' - who people who aren't too sharp, like R65, fall for.

A few years ago I saw her in a film from the 60s called Deep End and her similarities in looks to Heather Mills was astounding - but not so obvious in still photos.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2016 9:53 AM

What ever they had, they seemed to have an incredible love and been somehow very much meant for each other. Paul wrote the song "There Must Have Been Magic"--- it is one of those obscure album tracks that may not be all that well known, but the underlying melancholy in the chord structure and in Paul's voice in the recording make it, for me, a very touching and somewhat haunting song.

The night that we met If I hadn't stopped you I'd always regret

A few minutes later You'd have been out that door And I'd have been lonely Forever more Forever more

Oh what made us do it? Under what holy spell? Nature's mother knew it Only too well

She reached out her fingers To point at the sky Leaving me helpless Not knowing why

And this is the hour That they turn out the light Nothing but memories Burning so bright Burning so bright

Oh what made us do it? Under what holy spell? Nature's mother knew it Only too well

There must have been magic The night that we met If I hadn't stopped you I'd always regret

There must have been magic There must have been magic There must have been magic

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2016 7:57 PM

The happiest celebrity marriages seem to be when a male celebrity marries a non-celebrity who wants to be a full-time wife, and who is willing to devote herself body and soul to keeping him happy. Paul and Linda had such a marriage, and it worked for both of them as long as they both lived.

Matt Damon found himself a wife like that, and Brad Pitt should have.

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2016 9:28 PM

Brad married Nosferatu.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2016 9:39 PM

The earlier comment about 'the natural look' and lack of makeup was right. If you look at photos of rock chicks and groups from that era, they look kind of plain. Sure, the spectacular beauties like Jane Asher and Marianne Faithful were gorgeous, but a lot of them weren't. Now that woman start having cosmetic procedures in their early 20s, we have become accustomed to a very different look.

by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2016 9:46 PM

R66 no need to get snippy. I said nothing about her life or career after McCartney. I won't counter your comments about her career and personality which appear to refer to her years since about 1968 because I haven't followed her career or lifeline that time.

Your tone sounds rather "sour", just as you describe Asher.

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2016 11:49 PM

"...because I haven't followed her career or life since that time" is what I meant. Fuck auto correct edits.

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2016 11:54 PM

As an older man (70) I can vouch for the"plain Jane" look being rather common in the 60s...I had several girlfriends during that time frame. A pleasant face, minimal make-up, and some decent "T and A" were just fine, as far as attraction on a physical level...Of course, having a good attitude and personality was also important. I feel kinda sad for the millenial ladies now--they seem to get "tarted up" as soon as they start ovulating...all things considered, I'm glad to now be older, and out of the loop, so to speak!

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2018 9:53 PM

[quote] Jane Asher was a gifted actress

Quite lovely. I've only seen her in the one film but I always got a kick out of her playing a virgin in "The Masque of the Red Death".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2018 10:41 PM

Tim Buckley was a sexy little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2018 11:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!