Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adrien Brody and Drugs

Someone on another thread mentioned that Brody had developed a drug problem. I have not read anything about that online and hope that is not true. What have you heard?

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 4:42 AM

Hadn't heard this but am anxious to know. I don't understand how an actor like him can do something so fantastic like The Pianist yet continue to do such crap. He must be fucked up. He should have a better career. I'm shocked he's never even done any theater. I've always believed he was a great actor. I think his performance in The Pianist is one of the best performances I've ever seen.

What a pity.

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2013 4:22 PM

I hadn't heard anything till now. Hope it's not true

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2013 5:24 PM

I agree about his performance in the pianist. Incredible. It is actually one of my favorite films. I haven't heard much about him in years. I know that he used to dabble with coke and lots of weed (as did everyone else) back when he was dating the trashy groupie woman.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2013 6:27 PM

I hope he's not on coke. With a nose like that he could inhale Peru!

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2013 9:08 PM

LOL, r3

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2013 9:57 PM

It would explain why he mostly hasn't worked for the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2013 10:01 PM

which trashy woman? Wow, if true, i'm sure he must be almost broke by now. i'm sure he'll surface for more crappy roles for $$$.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2013 10:23 PM

He is starring in the History Channel's upcoming 4 hour biopic of Houdini.

Still-single 41 year old Brody is one of those men who took their Mothers to the Oscars. I heard he liked black men, but I could be wrong.

Musto used to work with his Mom at the Village Voice; he should chime in anonymously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2013 10:30 PM

I think his best was Hollywoodland. He is a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2013 10:34 PM

Hope it's not true. The Pianist. Hoping it's not true. Pianist, The.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2013 10:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2013 11:16 PM

[quote]What have you heard?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Asking this at DataLounge!

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2013 11:21 PM

This is the groupie he dated for five years (see link). She was a major coke head at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2013 11:21 PM

well, if he's been with that trashy rock chick who probably has spread her legs for anyone famous, he's probably got herpes.

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2013 12:58 AM

[quote]well, if he's been with that trashy rock chick who probably has spread her legs for anyone famous, he's probably got herpes.

Gee, that narrows it down...

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2013 1:08 AM

I love the way he dresses. He's one of those guys who looks fantastic in clothes. By that, I mean some guys just have a way of making clothes look good - he's one of them.

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2013 1:17 AM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2013 1:42 AM

I'm curious if he's on coke, too. And what his address is. Would anyone happen to know these two facts? No special reason, I'm just curious. Being nosey, you know.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2013 1:52 AM

bump!

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2013 2:53 PM

He must have been desperate for attention/money when he recently did those electric razor commercials with Andre 3000.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2013 2:59 PM

He did movies for money. Some were bad.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2013 3:19 PM

I think he tried the Nicolas Cage track, which would make sense as both of are rather "unorthodox" looking, both tried to cash in on their Oscar win by doing a bunch of action films and go movie star. It worked for Cage, at least for a while. It didn't happen for Brody--he should've stuck to small prestige pictures. He was heartbreaking in "Summer of Sam"

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2013 3:54 PM

He was also brilliant in the little indie film "Restaurant." In that he played a young waiter and struggling playwright who exclusively dates black women but carries latent racism towards black men. Lauryn Hill had a cameo role in the film as the ex-girlfriend that dumped him.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2013 4:05 PM

This commercial is so depressing for an Oscar winner. Must be drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2013 4:26 PM

I remember his ad for an expensive loafer, Ermenegilda Zegna I think, and thought it somehow seemed a bit desperate. His image didn't fit the product. He was great in the Summer of Sam as others have said.

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2013 5:01 PM

He was rally good as John Turturo in Summer of Sam

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2013 5:01 PM

He was great in Son of Sam and Hollywoodland.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2013 5:12 PM

He's very hard to cast given his looks. He is the F. Murray Abraham of the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2013 5:16 PM

[quote] love the way he dresses. He's one of those guys who looks fantastic in clothes. By that, I mean some guys just have a way of making clothes look good - he's one of them.

When he's not wearing wife beaters and the usual hip hop gear. When he was working on the Pianist promotion and the Oscar campaign (and he worked hard at it since Polanski couldn't come to the states), he was always impeccably dressed. He had some sort of a contract with Zegna and appeared in a lot of fashion shoots. After the Oscars, he reverted to the hoodies and the hip hop look. It works for teens and some twenty somethings (barely), not on guy in his '30s or '40s.

Still, we haven't gotten any real gossip about Brody and drugs. Just that he used to date a groupie and does movies and commercials for money. Surely, someone has a story.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2013 5:17 PM

Tina Fey talking about him when he hosted SNL.

Go to 16:15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2013 5:35 PM

I like him too but i thought the oscar would never elevate him to A list status. 10 years after his win he continues to work in films and tv. And i think he is working now more than he would of i believe if he hadnt won. Unconventional looking yes but i find him really hot. Love that hair and body.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2013 5:49 PM

There were some horrible anecdotes on Jeff Palmer's blog about partying in a limo with "AB." Sorry I can't remember the url of that blog...but I'm sure SOMEONE on DL will have it bookmarked, at least.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2013 5:57 PM

wHOA - what's that about Jeff Palmer and "AB"????!!!

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2013 10:38 PM

Also find him pretty hot at last sighting

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2013 10:45 PM

I think it's hilarious that Robin Quivers and the male stooge are laughing at Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood for being fat in r30's video, given that they're both even fatter.

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2013 11:34 PM

R32, I agree with R33 - do tell us what happened. I've looked on Google and cannot find anything.

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2013 11:47 PM

Yes, please share, R32. I'm dying to hear about his escapades with Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2013 11:58 PM

I have no idea about his drug use.His greatest crime is that he's not especially good looking. Even with the oscar win he was never going to be a leading man in mainstream movies. It probably guaranteed him work for several years, but he was never going to a be a star. And as the years pass the good offers will probably get further and further apart.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2013 11:58 PM

R38 Nah, I disagree. He's classically good looking: tall, sinewy, symmetrical features, great bone structure, bedroom eyes. The only anomaly is his large nose, and it merely makes him look more soulful and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2013 12:53 AM

I think he is very sexy...at least my kind of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2013 12:58 AM

He's really sexy, but god, Gael Garcia Bernal is just otherworldly hot.

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2013 1:06 AM

what about his peen? hung like a horse or gnat?

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2013 1:08 AM

Yes Bernal is special and I would guess he is bi.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2013 1:10 AM

Mainstream movies aren't made for us r39, they're generally made for heterosexuals and he doesn't really inspire lust in most women. His big nose which men don't seem to notice, appears to be an issue for women. And young women seem to have no idea who he is.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2013 1:12 AM

r39 is proof some people think everyone on tv is good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2013 1:28 AM

R45 I'm sure you're an oil painting, yourself. Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2013 1:31 AM

I don't need a man to have a "perfect" nose.

I just know sexy when I see it. And for me, it doesn't look like Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2013 2:01 AM

With that big honker of a nose, I can imagine how much he needs to snort. He was excellent in "The Pianist" despite his nose getting in the way.

by Anonymousreply 48December 17, 2013 2:09 AM

lipstick alley has a thread on him and mentions a woman who resembles Sanaa Lathan that would 'visit' him.She was worried about his addiction and many more heated details.This guy is talented.

by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2014 8:36 PM

I just watched HOLLYWOODLAND (from 14 years ago) and thought, "WEHT Adrien Brody? And why did his career go right down the shitter?"

Then I found this thread (from 7 years ago).

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 4:37 AM

He only won the Oscar because the other nominees (all older, much better actors) split the vote. Adrien squeaked by with a (surprise) win. So...meh.

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2020 4:41 AM

R51 I still don't buy the concept of "vote-splitting." If he got the most votes, he got the most votes.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!