Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are so many Indian-Americans arrogant?

They must be the biggest snobs around. They are nasty towards Indians whom have arrived recently to this country (they call them FOBs-Fresh Off the Boat)and towards all others whom do not meet their educational standards. They love to brag about their educations.

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2019 3:43 PM

The buff goodlooking ones are hot. See my gym!

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2013 4:19 PM

I believe you, R1, I have had a more difficult time with Indian-American women.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2013 4:21 PM

[quote]They are nasty towards Indians whom have arrived

They probably have better grammar than you, Opie.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2013 4:23 PM

Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2013 4:34 PM

They are gorgeous. If there's anything to the arrogance theory perhaps it's the hangover of the caste system... India was so hierarchal... it must be embedded in how they see the world.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2013 4:35 PM

Thank you for the correction, R3.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2013 4:38 PM

I second r5. I would think it has to do with the caste system that's been around pretty much through most of India's history. I also find that East Indian-Americans have an issue with respecting peoples' personal space.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2013 4:43 PM

I used to live in Middlesex Co NJ where there is a HUGE Indian population. That was great for me because I love Indian food. One night, while leaving a restaurant, I picked up one of those free newsletter kind of magazines that local business put out to promote commerce. I figured it would have coupons to other Indian restaurants. The paper was written by Indians and after reading it, it was clear they were hoping only other Indians would read it. They had some essays and editorials in it and holy shit. The racism was startling. No one was safe from their judgment, they were equally critical of whites as well as blacks. To read what they really think about others not like them was a real eye opener.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2013 5:02 PM

And the ones they call FOBs call them ABCDs (American-Born, Confused Desis) because they dare assimilate into American society.

And don't get them started on people of Indian descent who are Guyanese or from Trinidad.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2013 5:05 PM

R8, give us an example.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2013 5:08 PM

I don't know what it is about people of Indian descent born in the US, if it's diet or just a simple matter of haircare and wardrobe but when these Indian guys are stunning they are STUNNING.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2013 5:08 PM

Indian Americans are all upper caste, usually brahmins. One reason India is such a shithole is because all and only the talent gets siphoned overseas through brain drain - the lower castes can't make it through the immigration system.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2013 5:12 PM

R10 The complaints they had about blacks and latinos were the same sort of thing any white racist would say. Their issues with white people were things like we are too tolerant and we coddle minorities and let them have it too easy. Seriously. I guess employment discrimination and the fact that a black man typically gets a longer prison sentience than a white man for the same crime is coddling in their book. There was one essay about the public schools. It was bad enough their children had to go to the same school black children went to, but what was worse was white people instituted this policy. The concept of "all men are created equal" was something they could not wrap their head around.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2013 5:29 PM

That's not true in all cases R12. My ex was a Chetttiar caste and we always had Indian or Sri Lankan friends and acquaintances, not all of them a good caste like he was, and only a few Brahmins. Not all of them even follow caste anymore since technically discrimination based on caste is illegal, although it still happens. I knew a lady who came from a middle to low caste family, she converted to some evangelical Christian denomination and considered herself above the caste system. She married a Brahmin! His family disowned him though, oops. The ones who don't make it abroad are usually 'untouchables' who grow up in poverty and scorn.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2013 5:31 PM

Ditto, R12. Many of the Indians here have had a very privileged upbringing in India and they're used to treating people of lower classes like dirt. Back in the old country they have armies of servants to cater to their every whim--people who work for peanuts because the country is so poor. That transfers to the US when they come in contact with service people or anyone they consider "beneath" them. I've noticed that my Indian co-workers have impeccable manners and and a deep respect for those they think of as their equals/betters. But I've also seen these same people treat service workers like slaves. You can just see the disdain on their faces. It's shocking.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2013 5:36 PM

R13, saying there is no longer a caste system in India is like saying there is no longer racism in America.

Just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it isn't still widely practiced. It's a very old religious belief system and won't go away so easily.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2013 5:41 PM

Bitch please!

Just look at their nasty filthy country. There was a blog someone on DL had linked to a few years ago, photos around the Ganges mostly if I recall, and it was HORRIFIC.

Their daily life is so filthy and disgusting, and they get lucky to come here and THEN proceed to act all high and mighty?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2013 5:47 PM

Well, they've taken over the medical industry. Pretty soon every doctor in the US will be Indian.

Find me a Pharmacy that isn't staffed with them too.

The ones who aren't right off the boat are cute.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Why do even the rich ones still stink so badly?

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2013 5:52 PM

I have yet to see an Indian man that I've found attractive. Links please.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2013 6:05 PM

Are they circumcised?

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2013 6:08 PM

No r21, which is one reason I don't go for Indian-American men. Uncut! EWWW! (now stand back and watch the uncut queens lose their shit - LOL!!!)

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2013 6:10 PM

For R20

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2013 6:10 PM

Hunky untouchable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2013 6:13 PM

It's also a very rapey culture. I can understand some of the frustration somewhat in that they come from a male dominant culture that frowns down on multiple partners and favors arranged marriages in a dwindling pool of candidates. Indians I've hooked up with are unbelievably aggressive and borderline hostile. It's the combo platter of finally getting to act out, gay shame, and a partner who's probably viewed as beneath them. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2013 6:14 PM

No idea who he is, but he's pretty good:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2013 6:14 PM

As if anyone would "lose their shit" over a prissy 12 year-old like R22.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2013 6:14 PM

LMAO@r27! Ewww! EWWW! LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2013 6:16 PM

I detect even a HINT of 'tude from those people, I request - nay DEMAND - that I be addressed as "Sahib."

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Indian hottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2013 6:17 PM

Literally, it's because of all the garlic, curry, tumeric, cumin, etc. they sweat out. That and they live like ten people to a house.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2013 6:31 PM

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2013 6:32 PM

The pic behind the link in R30 shows a very hot guy. Doesn't look very Indian, though.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2013 6:40 PM

Wow, he is hot, R30. No traditional Indian men look like that. They all have the same pot belly and duck feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2013 6:48 PM

The comment about other minorities being coddled, (my words), is common among newcomers to our country. At least, I've heard it from people other than India.

I wonder what they think about Native Americans. I know they tolerated their being called Indians.

The lone Indian-American I met was very young, and polite in the extreme. And yes, very goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2013 6:58 PM

[quote]It's also a very rapey culture.

Oh, god, would you shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2013 7:04 PM

Do NOT go to an Indian dentist, they are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2013 7:06 PM

Yeah, OP.

Prejudice is a bitch. Anyone who walks around with such snitty, facile generalizations about other people should be given a swift kick to the cunt. Starting with you.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2013 7:09 PM

If this thread were about blacks or Jews, not only would webmaster shut it down, but everyone would be banned.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2013 7:10 PM

Well, you're half right, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2013 7:21 PM

Oh R16, you big silly. I said caste discrimination was technically illegal but still occurs. Read the whole thing before getting your caftan ruffled, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2013 7:30 PM

Sam Abdul, who used to direct videos for Forum, started out in front of the camera. I always thought he was hot. He's of Indian or Pakistani descent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2013 7:35 PM

Exactly, R28.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2013 8:38 PM

I don't know his name but there is a popular Indian actor with extra fingers.

Look at the right thumb of the guy in R30's link.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2013 8:40 PM

They think they are better than white people. I hate all Indian men and I wish they would all go back to India and leave us white beautiful women alone. They harass us all the time. They are so ugly I want to puke. Are they half Negro?

by Anonymousreply 45September 4, 2014 1:47 AM

What Indian state or province or whatever they have over there is known for having the best looking people?

by Anonymousreply 46September 4, 2014 1:56 AM

We'd end up with a far better sort if we made eating a cheeseburger part of the H1-B entry process.

by Anonymousreply 47September 4, 2014 2:07 AM

I find that Indian women make the worst physicians.

Seriously---why are these asexual, body-conscious sea-hags becoming doctors?

by Anonymousreply 48May 7, 2015 2:09 AM

Shut up and drink your Slurpee.

by Anonymousreply 49May 7, 2015 2:13 AM

Tinymeat- smaller than Asian.

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2015 2:19 AM

I interviewed for a job with a clearly closeted Indian doctor and his creepy female friend (hag) in my city. They were so snobby and arrogant, but so tacky and cluelessly dressed - bad hair plugs, expensive but tacky clothes, big fake tits on her - that I actually couldn't believe it.

They had this air that they were obviously superior to me, yet they were so visibly dorky and tasteless looking - yes rich, but tacky - that when it slowly dawned on me, I wasn't offended at all. Just deeply amused.

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2015 2:30 AM

self-hate

by Anonymousreply 52May 7, 2015 2:34 AM

My experiences have been mixed. A couple of my best mentors were very sweet, gracious Indians. On the flip side, one of my PIs in grad school, who was from India, was the most arrogant, insufferable buffoon I've ever met. He loved bringing up his pedigree and mentioning how brilliant and talented he was. The worst part was that he pretended to be this nice, outgoing guy the whole time. A total farce. Shame about those retractions he had. Not gonna make that Ivy League professorship any easier.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2015 2:39 AM

The uncut thing is unfortunate. They could go a long way toward civilizing their country if they would start doing that.

Also, India is too hot and humid.

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2015 2:49 AM

Elvira my colored maid told she read in Jet Magazine they sell human organs and abort female fetues too!!!

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2015 2:51 AM

One hot Indian guy in a sea of ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2015 2:52 AM

R42 that's Tony Capucci, and he's Italian-American.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2015 3:10 AM

They absolutely abhor poor people. Money means everything.

by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2015 3:23 AM

India has a creepy cast system.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2015 3:46 AM

Wow, those backup dancers look like they were specifically chosen for their ugliness R56. It's hard to believe an Indian man could get away with such a sexualized performance, though.

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2015 4:23 PM

And the choreography...is apparently a satire on choreography.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2015 4:24 PM

I suppose it could be a song about head lice...

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2015 4:27 PM

Of course, as usual the 'hot' ones are racially mixed. Many have English blood and don't look like the typical Indian.

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2015 4:35 PM

they all seem to be allergic to soap & water.

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2015 4:39 PM

Speak for yourself, r45. I date Indian men exclusively and I'm a white woman. I love them. Fun, intelligent and took their eyes at some of their cultural quirks. Somewhat aggressive in bed.

R50: that is just not true. I've had monster and small, and I've sampled a lot. All uncut and clean.

And r64; they bathe--though I ask my current guy to not drown himself in deodorant so I can smell his armpits.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2015 5:02 PM

^^ frau bleeding gash. yuck, screws those dirty smelly hindus

Ivillage is 2 doors down & to the left.

get the fuck out of here

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2015 5:09 PM

This thread is making me paranoid about this Indian family who runs a local restaurant, which I order takeout from a lot. They're always so nice to me, and I've been going to them for a decade now. But I'm not white (Hispanic) and I live paycheck to paycheck. Now, I'm wondering if they really do look down on me and talk about me behind my back and if their kindness is just a facade? :-/

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2015 5:20 PM

I live in a relatively small suburb in CT. population around 6,000. Almost every person, men and women in my town of Indian decent or from India is a doctor.

They are very smart, have very good manners and their families are very nice. I had a family living next door to me for years and I couldn't have asked for better or more considerate neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2015 5:28 PM

There is a stunningly handsome Sikh at a neighborhood store. Does their religion have a position on being gay?

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2015 5:33 PM

Until just a decade or so ago this country still believed and supported an underclass known as "The Unclean Ones." Bigotry is still rampant in Indian culture.

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2015 5:36 PM

Ranveer Singh is the actor in vid linked at R56.

There are pages and pages about him on Google and elsewhere. Apparently he is some sort of "hunk" or action star of Indian films atm. He attended college in the USA (Indiana) but returned to India to work in films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2015 5:38 PM

From Wikipedia: "Sikhism has no specific teachings about homosexuality. The Sikh holy book, the Guru Granth Sahib, does not explicitly mention homosexuality."

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2015 5:40 PM

[quote]India has a creepy cast system

Oh, dear!

R9 pretty much nailed it on looking down on "ABCD's" and Caribbean desis.

I haven't run into too many South Asian pharmacists, but a lot of East Asian ones. I had a question once, the Chinese RPh repeated what she said three times and I still didn't understand everything she said; I'll bet her written English is fine, but she needs desperately to attend accent reduction classes! (see also: Punjabi lady at liquor store)

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2015 5:42 PM

The one I know well is one of the most racist, conservative libertards I've ever known. I avoid him now.

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2015 5:44 PM

Dinesh D'Souza?

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2015 5:46 PM

To those who say there aren't any "hot" Indian men, you need to get out more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2015 5:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2015 5:48 PM

[quote]^^ frau bleeding gash. yuck, screws those dirty smelly hindus. Ivillage is 2 doors down & to the left. get the fuck out of here

I can't help it, this post made me giggle uncontrollably. The women are the most arrogant snobs ever.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2015 5:50 PM

R76 he is clearly mixed. People here are talking about 100% Indians.

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2015 5:50 PM

Who is "he," R79? There are multiple men on that page.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2015 5:57 PM

R60

Why? India gave the world Kama Sutra and the culture actually celebrates sexual relations and pleasure. It wasn't until the British and other Westerners arrived that some sort of prudishness was imposed.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2015 6:05 PM

It's not just the Indians. The educated, "upper" classes in any developing country have complexes about being patronized by the educated classes in developed countries.

I had a Vietnamese colleague who once told me, scathingly, "I am not a boat person".

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2015 7:39 PM

[quote] The uncut thing is unfortunate. They could go a long way toward civilizing their country if they would start doing that.

You're an idiot

by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2015 7:54 PM

R81 is obviously unfamiliar with teh neo-Puritan BJP.

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2015 7:58 PM

R77, five years for driving over homeless people? That's a rather light sentence don't you think? And he tried to blame it on his driver. Of course, in Mumbai there are so many homeless that it would be a simple thing to drive over them.

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2015 8:01 PM

there's no such thing as an Indian American, just as there is no such thing as a african American. One is either American or not American.

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2015 8:03 PM

You're probably fine r68. Not everyone is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2015 8:10 PM

Professionals from India are not very nice people, especially the md's. Their own country needs them far more than we or the UK, but they turn their backs on their poor. These people should be castigated, who better understans casts.

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2015 8:29 PM

India is openly racist (lighter skinned considered desirable), misogynistic and has a hierarchy based on the caste system. This paradigm is the social norm. This creates an attitude of entitlement and arrogance. There are many good Indian people but it is true when raised with traditional values, they do not operate under the same set of social arrangements as people from other Western nations. Men are expected to honor their station in life and do learn to look down on so called inferior people.

It is easier for Indian women to adjust to western social conventions than the men. For men who become Westernized, they can fall back into traditional behaviors when they return to Indian or live in communities with traditional Indian values.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2015 9:40 PM

Why no mention of me and my ersatz homosexual relationship with Howard? Is it because my family is very wealthy in a very poor country?

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2015 9:41 PM

Worked with many of them in big technology in Seattle. I'm a woman, and have had a hell of a time working with Indian men. It's a cultural thing, of course, but they tend to be utter assholes to women. Once they find out I'm gay, it's even faster downhill. I had one shake his head in disgust when I mentioned my female partner. He caught himself quickly, but that was his knee-jerk reaction.

by Anonymousreply 91May 7, 2015 9:47 PM

I overheard an encounter at my medical office between a middle aged Indian secretary and an Italian-American secretary. The office consists of many primary care docs as well as specialists in a three story building.

I was checking in to see my primary care doc, when I overheard the Indian woman talking about a two, or three, day wedding celebration she had attended. She was going on about how costly it was and how many people attended.

The Italian-American asked if the family were wealthy. The Indian woman said with authority, "Well, Indian people are very rich." I smiled at the Italian-American secretary, we both stiffled laughter, she's been there about 15 years, we always converse when I see my PCP at this center.

Without missing a beat, the Italian-American secretary said in her heavy New Yawk accent, "If Indians are very rich....what the hell are YOU doing here working as a secretary!?" The Indian woman didn't have an answer, she gathered up some Xeroxes, then mumbled something about having to bring the papers to some doctor.

Lots of these Indians seem to be utter blowhards, they go on about their degrees from "my country" (then complain that these degrees are worthless in the US), how intelligent they are, the type of cars they have.

I talk to an Indian woman who works at the local chain drugstore, she once told me, "I work for something to do, I don't have to work, my husband makes a lot of money. See this ring? My husband bought this for me last year, it cost $18,000!" She proceeded to show me a diamond and sapphire ring.

by Anonymousreply 92May 7, 2015 10:12 PM

The Red Dot

When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union.

On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a gas station, a doughnut shop, a taxi cab, or a motel in the United States

If nothing is there, he must remain at a Call Center in India, providing Americans with Internet technical advice.

by Anonymousreply 93May 7, 2015 10:33 PM

Halle-fucking-lujah R86! At last some sense. I am so sick of people claiming to be every-nationality-under-the-sun-American. You're not. Unless you hold dual nationality you're American . One Irish great grandfather doesn't make you Irish, your Polish grannie doesn't mean you're from downtown Krakow.

As for Indian people, I wouldn't choose to work with an Indian born and educated person again if I could help it. Their education system sucks but they think it's the best in the world. Cheating is endemic and they don't see a problem with it - the fact that they're churning out thousands of dimwits who lack critical thinking skills but can remember a list doesn't seem to register with them as a problem. One guy claimed his college, Guru Someoneorother U., was the best in the world *because a lot of people attended*.

by Anonymousreply 94May 7, 2015 11:30 PM

I think a lot of the ones born here are embarrassed of their culture and try too hard to fit in, particularly the men.

by Anonymousreply 95May 7, 2015 11:36 PM

A quick way to limit Indian immigration into the US is to force them to eat a cheeseburger before they get off the plane.

This method would work to limit many (but alas not all) obnoxious immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 96May 7, 2015 11:47 PM

r94, someone on another site bemoaned the same thing about Chinese and Indian grads. She said that employers would hire them for coding only to find out that so many of them had outright lied on their resumes and were shitty at math. It was a nightmare weeding out incompetent people she said.

She said they justified it by claiming that everyone does it (cheat in school, them falsify their resume and work experience) to get ahead, and they didn't see what the problem is. Even though they cheated, lied and underperformed compared to other employees, they truly believed that they were the best.

by Anonymousreply 97May 7, 2015 11:52 PM

God, Indian men treat their wives like shit! I work with several Indian men, and they treat women in the workplace as less-than also.

by Anonymousreply 98May 7, 2015 11:52 PM

Unfortunately the culture of lying and cheating is prevalent in India and China. If you visit either country you will learn early on that you can't trust a soul.

by Anonymousreply 99May 8, 2015 12:02 AM

Then you guys are hanging out with the wrong Indians, or I've been very lucky with ones I've encountered in my life: polite, smart, self deprecating and making an effort to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 100May 8, 2015 12:11 AM

R55 Actually, Mamie's mother's name was Elivera. Her maid's name was Rose.

by Anonymousreply 101May 8, 2015 12:12 AM

Not really a propos to this thread, but based on some of the horrified, MARY! posts:

Uncut guys have more feeling and do not have to use lube when they masturbate. Evolution made us self-lubricating.

I understand that ancient tribes insisted on circumsion based on the lack of water, which was needed for the proper hygiene of uncut cocks.

Yet, well, I'm uncut and I wash every morning or before I have sex. It's not a big deal.

Stop demonizing uncut guys.

by Anonymousreply 102May 8, 2015 12:15 AM

The snobbery from wealthy Asians is on par with the snobbery from Indians.

by Anonymousreply 103May 8, 2015 12:16 AM

R102 hates Jeewish people.

by Anonymousreply 104May 8, 2015 12:18 AM

Indian men aren't just contemptuous of women, r91. They are contemptuous towards anyone they view as inferior, gays, blacks, poors, etc. Their entire self-esteem is based on social status. They're the ultimate kisser-uppers/kickers-down. The women can be nice, some of them.

Oddly enough, many of the men seem gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 105May 8, 2015 12:37 AM

Exam day in India

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 8, 2015 12:41 AM

Sounds like gays.

by Anonymousreply 107May 8, 2015 12:44 AM

My boyfriend is Indian. Been in the US for a couple of years. He's gay and wants to stay in the US. I think he may be the one for me. But.............

Everything good was invented in India first

All blacks are on welfare

Why welfare, because blacks and hispanics don't want to work and white people are too nice to make them work

He's always hard. I swear, he has the sex drive of a 17 year old boy. He's 46

He's nice to darker Indians, but the cast system exists. Not sure what cast system but his family has money (that is Indian standards of wealth). He's lighter skinned and proud of it.

He's very open sexually. Willing to try anything at least once. There is no shame in sex from his standpoint whereas we puritan Americans have many sex hangups.

He's religious but not obnoxious about it. Does not eat beef and has some issues with pork. Great outlook on life and death.

I strongly suspect he's in the closet back home. He's out here but I have told him closet cases are not my preference. So if the relationship is to become serious, he must be proud of who he is and live with being gay and attached to a man. If not, I'll still suck his 8 inches but marriage or bf material is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 108May 8, 2015 1:47 AM

Issues with pork? Is he Mu$lim?

by Anonymousreply 109May 8, 2015 1:53 AM

They have to look down on someone so pretty much the only option would either be mexicans, southeast asians, or indians from a lower caste.

by Anonymousreply 110May 8, 2015 1:54 AM

I was going along with it until you said 8 inches.

by Anonymousreply 111May 8, 2015 1:57 AM

It begs the question - why do they come to America at all? To hate on the people who were born here? Go home.

by Anonymousreply 112May 8, 2015 1:57 AM

R96 you'd only end up with a bunch of people who'd be willing to trash their beliefs in a heartbeat if it got them into another country.

R97 I haven't worked with many Chinese people so can't attest to that but your points about Indian people, in my experience, are exact. I was really surprised at not only the level of corruption but the acceptance of it as being a good thing. Also the fierce snobbery and pretending to be a cut above.

One woman I worked with was very snooty about my father being an electrician, told me all her family were scientists, being interested I asked what branches of science they worked in, she told me IT. *They were coders.* Not computer scientists, not building models of the universe, just coders working for call centres but she claimed desperately that any IT job made you a "scientist". She looked down on the cleaning staff too, was incredibly rude to them if they came in while we were still there. It didn't seem to occur to her that the cleaners were working their way through college and would have a better education than her.

by Anonymousreply 113May 8, 2015 1:59 AM

"a better education than she" (has), R113

They should be embarrassed to talk this way. I hate when people talk down to anybody.

by Anonymousreply 114May 8, 2015 2:05 AM

R113, no one in the US should hire a chinese person. They all chew with their mouth wide fucking open.

by Anonymousreply 115May 8, 2015 2:10 AM

Do Indian-Americans have a problem with being gay/out generally?

by Anonymousreply 116May 8, 2015 2:49 AM

Growing up in an ethnically diverse area, I've never personally met an asshole Chinese or Indian person. But, almost everyone where I'm from was very working class. You couldn't bullshit your way through anything, and people treated one another well enough.

I suppose bullshitting is a corporate thing.

r97

by Anonymousreply 117May 8, 2015 3:13 AM

You do realize the same question could be asked about White people.

by Anonymousreply 118May 8, 2015 3:26 AM

r116 well the entire country is extremely homophobic except for a few handful. but the funny thing is that since hetero-normative behavior is so ingrained in us indians, that guys hold hands or share beds without anyone raising any eyebrows. do that with a girl before marrying her, you would be considered immoral! and you will get dark looks from everyone 'respectable'

by Anonymousreply 119May 8, 2015 3:28 AM

I'm with you on the Indian food, r8. Let's hope they don't spit in it--or worse--before they serve it

by Anonymousreply 120May 8, 2015 3:29 AM

baba ganoush is not an indian dish, its middle eastern. our relatively famous eggplant dish is baingan bharta lol. and yeah its sad that racism is so blatantly acceptable in india. we still have so many ads for skin lightening products on tv ughh.

by Anonymousreply 121May 8, 2015 3:36 AM

I was asked to select Indian contractors for a team at Target some years ago and received at least a dozen resumes (from Wipro, Tata or similar) that were word for word identical except for the candidate names.

by Anonymousreply 122May 8, 2015 3:47 AM

R118 Indian is a nationality not a race. The things being discussed here are cultural differences between nationalities.

by Anonymousreply 123May 8, 2015 4:44 AM

Yep, r123.

by Anonymousreply 124May 8, 2015 5:52 AM

Oops, r123, I thought you were responding to me.

r124

Carry on

by Anonymousreply 125May 8, 2015 6:53 AM

They travel in droves and constantly share homework and other materials.

It is either self-plagiarized or given to them by a friend as plagiarized works.

It is astonishing that so many of them get education visas to study here, but they probably bring a lot of wealth from overseas and pay a lot to stay in America.

by Anonymousreply 126May 8, 2015 6:58 AM

I'm not reading through all this but I don't call a newly arrived Indian an Indian-American. An Indian-American to me is someone who is born in America of Indian descent.

by Anonymousreply 127May 8, 2015 7:20 AM

Why are they all named Patel when they come in America?

by Anonymousreply 128May 8, 2015 8:40 AM

The Sikhs are named Singh.

by Anonymousreply 129May 8, 2015 11:21 AM

Don't get me started. I've had to deal with some really obnoxiously entitled acting indian princesses in my professional life. They treat people like their indentured servants if you give them an inch. The trick is to be rudely imperious right back.

by Anonymousreply 130May 8, 2015 11:30 AM

They are nice to you because you give them money. That has been my experience with Asians in general. Unless you are light-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 131May 8, 2015 11:31 AM

I don't find them attractive at all and many of them smell like curry.

by Anonymousreply 132May 8, 2015 11:45 AM

R121

My dark skinned South Asian ex sneeringly referred to "Fair and Lovely" and other such productts as "spade fade".

by Anonymousreply 133May 8, 2015 4:00 PM

[quote]I date Indian men exclusively and I'm a white woman. I love them.

Me too...we should compare notes. Mine is a sweetheart--an honest, gentle man who loves me unconditionally.

by Anonymousreply 134May 8, 2015 4:14 PM

they're arrogant because they don't know how to use a toilet and underarm deodorant as well.

by Anonymousreply 135May 8, 2015 8:24 PM

a

by Anonymousreply 136May 12, 2015 12:18 AM

The Indians I've met are the most courteous and caring people, they will help Hispanic, black and other people all the time.

R67, they must genuinely like you. You can either believe your experiences with welcoming Indians or believe certain mean people on D.L with their anti-Hispanic, anti-everyone posts.

by Anonymousreply 137May 12, 2015 12:26 AM

Also, the class system is condemned by nearly all Hindus. More Hindus are like Gandhi than otherwise and inter-class marriages are more common than inter-race marriages in most of the continental states, ex. the current gov is 'untouchable'

by Anonymousreply 138May 12, 2015 12:31 AM

R122 is right, they routinely fake resumes they know you can't check.

by Anonymousreply 139May 12, 2015 12:39 AM

No-no-no, we are NOT arrogant, you ignorant, poorly educated, no-class, funny-sounding, inferior in every way, American pig-dogs, I am telling YOO!

by Anonymousreply 140May 12, 2015 5:57 AM

[quote]Unfortunately the culture of lying and cheating is prevalent in India and China. If you visit either country you will learn early on that you can't trust a soul.

THIS. In addition, Indian doctors take MANY vacations and have no care if this disrupts their patient's life.

by Anonymousreply 141March 14, 2016 6:55 PM

Yes many Indians in USA especially in the California Bay Area become jackass soon after they come to Bay Area. because they think they have accomplished something that nobody back in India has. But in reality what they are doing is fooling themselves into thinking so. They look back Indian people back in India with disgust. Most of the people who come to Bay Area are computer engineers. What do they do? After all they code. Coding is NOT everything. Software is a gimmick/Scam. Investors know that the naive public will buy all crappy useless apps. Who thought facebook will become one of the biggest company? What do they do? Nothing except ads, stupid social media, mumbo jumbo fancy bells and whistles. To me Software is a Joke. (with exceptions)

by Anonymousreply 142October 29, 2019 3:17 PM

I think they're no different than most - some are kind, some are jerks, and they vary in intelligence. It's fine. I appreciate that their US-born children assimilate very well. The South Asian guys at my Equinox are very handsome and polite.

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2019 3:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!