Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fat People Who Are Picky Eaters

I walked into the employee break room today, to find my large and in-charge coworker picking the chicken pieces out of a frozen meal. I asked her if she didn't like chicken, and her response: "does this look like chicken to you?" Granted it did look a little suspect. But my face said,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2021 6:15 PM

All my overweight friends suspiciously don't eat much when we dine out and pretend to be grossed out by a lot of "rich" foods.

For the most part, weight is a pretty simple equation: Calories in vs. Calories out

So I just presume they're closet-eaters.

I'd rather eat a ton with company rather than by myself. How sad.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2013 12:51 AM

R1 is correct. It's all an act.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2013 12:56 AM

I will give the that I get why they feel self-concious about eating a lot in front of either people, they feel people are judging them and they probably aren't wrong so it is a catch-22.

But yes most obese people I know are like that.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2013 1:00 AM

Why is Datalounge so obsessed with fat people? It's like you in this secret war with fat people, but why? It's like you notice everything they do and say and eat. Who has that much time to focus on what others are doing?

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2013 1:04 AM

I once worked with a fat girl who never ate at lunch time. this was a tv show where the crew always eats together at the same time. sure enough, one day a coworker looked in the back of her car and found dozens of mcdonalds wrappers hidden under a blanket. one of the other women on the set had pegged her for a "secret eater" months earlier.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2013 1:08 AM

How is someone removing food that looks unappetising or suspect a sign that they are "picky"? It seems a rather basic observation that most people should make before putting something in their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2013 1:11 AM

Because you can't possibly get fat overeating high quality food. Further, if you're fat, you are a human garbage can who must love everything put in front of you.

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2013 1:13 AM

Thanks for calling me a human garbage can. How lovely of you.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2013 1:18 AM

They're fat like Tim Tebow.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2013 1:35 AM

The point is, overweight people have dislikes as well when it comes to what they eat.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2013 1:38 AM

"Why is Datalounge so obsessed with fat people? It's like you in this secret war with fat people, but why? It's like you notice everything they do and say and eat. Who has that much time to focus on what others are doing?"

Seriously.

"Because you can't possibly get fat overeating high quality food."

A lot of high quality food is high in calories.

Man, some people here lack knowledge about food and nutrition. Why is it so weird that a fat woman won't eat chicken? No one likes ALL food - even the fattest people have their likes and dislikes.

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2013 1:43 AM

Why does DL obsess about overweight people? They need someone to look down on. If it's a woman, that's great. If it's an overweight female coworker, hell, trifecta.

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2013 1:54 AM

r11, it was meant to be sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2013 1:55 AM

Obese people equate food the way a chronic masturbator thinks of sex.

They're obsessed and embarrassed and in denial about it.

Now, if only the obese would chronically masturbate, they might lose a few calories.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2013 4:09 AM

Normal people who have never had a weight problem don't fixate on fat people nor on the food that other people eat.

The people who obsess over weight and food are ex-fatties.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2013 4:19 AM

Projecting like R15 is typical of obese people. It's other people's fault that they are fat!

Years ago, I went to a company dinner party with coworkers at a Chinese restaurant. We all picked and entree and shared.

By the end of the meal, the one obese person among ten people had nearly ALL the entree plates around him, like a swarm.

Obesers are psychologically obsessed with food like addicts.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2013 4:48 AM

[quote] We all picked and entree

And I suppose you're one of those projectors who claim its their autocorrect's fault that they are an ignorant slob of a speller. It's other people's fault!

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2013 5:02 AM

Is that all ya got, cunt?

Swing completely off-topic with a typo?

You and your ilk are not worth proofing for, cunt.

And "...its their autocorrect's fault..."

You missed an apostrophe...cunt.

So shut the fuck up, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2013 5:10 AM

I'm not sure what's wrong with R16, other than a reading comprehension issue.

Maybe she's an ex-fattie and can't stand any references to it? I wish she'd join the current fatties in being secretive about her food obsession.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2013 5:14 AM

Oh wow. I typed/posted my response before I saw hers at R18.

She has much bigger issues than being a food-obsessed ex-fatty.

She needs a team of shrinks, especially a psycho-pharmacologist. An anger-management course wouldn't go amiss either.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2013 5:17 AM

Oh, the pathetic fat defenders are harping on typos and using the pejorative feminne flyover frau cliche!

Ohh, it hurts! Oh, wait, it doesn't, because I've never been overweight or lived in any "flyover"-ville.

But you cuntfraus are obviously gunty fast food addict neurotics who have to divert the thread away from the facts about obese idiots.

You can't defend the fatties, so you lash out like churlish little turds.

Keep chowing down, Gunty McFatties!

Because you're slim and pretty...online at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2013 7:13 AM

And what you need, R20 fraucunt, is more food and a gun up your gunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2013 7:17 AM

Okay okay R21, we get it. We WILL buy your memoir of life as a sociopath. We will.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2013 7:19 AM

R23: "I just need someone to love me for who I am!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2013 7:23 AM

[quote]Obesers are psychologically obsessed with food like addicts.

And some DLers are obsessed with "obesers." Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2013 11:48 AM

"I once worked with a fat girl who never ate at lunch time. this was a tv show where the crew always eats together at the same time. sure enough, one day a coworker looked in the back of her car and found dozens of mcdonalds wrappers hidden under a blanket. one of the other women on the set had pegged her for a "secret eater" months earlier."

Honey, of course she ate in secret. The first phrase you use to describe her is "fat girl." And then some evil coworker looks in her car to find the "hidden" McDonalds wrappers. What a bunch of evil fucks you are. By the way, breaking into a co-worker's car to search for McDonalds wrappers is against the law. What the FUCK is wrong with you people?

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2013 11:58 AM

I'm not going to make fat jokes since half of my female friends are plump and the other half make Nicole Ritchie look underfed.

But I do have one friend who fits this thread. She's Melissa McCarthy sized and always "special orders" at Taco Bell or Wendy's. More of this, less of that, add this, leave off that. You'd think she's picky until you look at her. It's all to prove some unknown point.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2013 12:11 PM

A fat girl in my office always goes on and on about how little she eats.

Yet she she eats cookies at her desk all day long. A co-worker checked the calorie content on the bag of her favorite brand of "fat free raison oatmeal" cookies: 100 calories EACH.

Eat just 7 or 8 of those things and it's the caloric equivalent of a nice lunch.

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2013 12:20 PM

Of course overweight people are picky eaters. They only eat things like ice cream sundaes topped with crumbled potato chips, cheese-whiz and bacon. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2013 12:49 PM

[quote]half of my female friends are plump and the other half make Nicole Ritchie look underfed.

Huh? Richie LOOKS underfed.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Sounds like it's hard to stay thin in Amerika!

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2013 1:12 PM

[quote]Huh? Richie LOOKS underfed.

Oh dear. Try a little fish, it's brain food.

What R27 is trying to say is that some of her friends are so thin, that they make Richie look heavier by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2013 1:16 PM

Of course that's what he was TRYING to say, r32. It's not what he said.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2013 1:18 PM

OVERFED, then

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2013 1:20 PM

I really shouldn't post before coffee. You're correct, R33.

My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2013 1:24 PM

I'll take the double bacon cheeseburger extra cheese, no pickles, Mega Size fries, but low salt, an apple pie and a large diet coke. Please make sure it's diet.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2013 2:09 PM

They don't want to appear to enjoy food because they think people will judge them.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2013 2:13 PM

OMG, another gay man beating up on "disgusting" fat people. OP, could you be any more of a stereotype and a bore??!

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2013 2:59 PM

[quote]For the most part, weight is a pretty simple equation: Calories in vs. Calories out

Nope. That's a bunch of bull.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2013 2:59 PM

OP is the same one who will cry about gay oppression and then turn right around and bully and trash others. I can't stand these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Correct R37. And people do judge us.

I stopped eating with other people years ago, when a friend invited me to a BBQ, insisted I enjoy myself, then yelled out, "Did you leave any for the rest of us?" as I was carrying my plate to the picnic table. I had less food on my plate than he did. And it's an embarrassing situation where I didn't know what to do--do I sit down and eat my meal, or just leave?

Fortunately one of the other guests started complaining that the food had too much salt, so after a few bites I chimed in and asked if he left any salt in the box, and pushed my plate away, and left 30 minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2013 3:34 PM

R18 F+F

This poster looks like a hate-crime waiting to happen...

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2013 3:55 PM

[quote] Why is Datalounge so obsessed with fat people? It's like you in this secret war with fat people, but why? It's like you notice everything they do and say and eat. Who has that much time to focus on what others are doing?

It's an insecurity of many gay men who put themselves in an appearance oriented world because they have little substance to offer.

They want to stay thin and desirable so they can have cheap meaningless sex at every possible moment, and obesity is an affront to the quest for sex.

You'll notice they are usually the same people who hate women because of their mommy issues.

And I can guarantee you that the nastiest anti-fat people live in NYC. They're the same people who accuse anyone who doesn't live in NYC of being a flyover fag/frau and can't understand why nobody wants to live in their magical utopian city. They also flock to threads about other cities on DL to proclaim what a dump the rest of America is compared to NYC. But frankly, would YOU want to be their neighbor?

Any gay man who criticizes another person for their weight I can guarantee you has their own particularly filthy secrets. Some people wear their flaws on the outside, some people wear them secretly on the inside where it eats right through their soul.

And no, I'm not a fat fag. I work out daily but my diet isn't the best. I'd rather live a fun, fulfilling life, eat good food, exercise and not criticize perfectly innocent and harmless people. I've been bullied as a child, I refuse to bully others because of their differences.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2013 4:29 PM

R43 some people say it's a symptom of being picked on and being an outsider while growing up that turns some adult gay men into this mean girls club that really doesn't exist anywhere else except among 15 year old high school girls. I think the mentality is, we were picked on - so now we're going to be the mean bullies.

Here's the thing, fat people know they're fat. And no one thinks more about being fat than a fat person. No one is more critical of fat than a fat person, which leads me to believe that a lot of you are fat or are formerly fat and terrified that you will be fat again.

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2013 4:47 PM

Same with the age-obsessed, R43, who can't wait to chime in with a "gramps" comment as if they are flinging some imaginative retort. People are just talking about something they know nothing about or somethey they deem as something that only elderly fags know anything about, as if the only people who know anything about older movies are elderly. So the "gramps" comments just come from their fear of growing older, knowing they won't be the youngest, cutest thing in about 35 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2013 5:09 PM

I'm a picky eater because food is my life!

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2013 5:09 PM

Anyone remember the old Rader Institute commercial with an anguished mono-toned voiced chick in front of her fridge who exclaims "Don't dey dink I know um Fat?"

I really loved that commercial. So cheesy, yet so real. The beginning of this parody recaptures the essence of that old commercial before it veers off course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2013 6:16 PM

And if she lost weight she still wouldn't like the fake chicken. Is she entitled to not like it then, OP?

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2013 7:26 PM

[quote]By the end of the meal, the one obese person among ten people had nearly ALL the entree plates around him, like a swarm.

So which is it, fatty-obsessers? Are fat people secret eaters or do they publicly hog all the food at a shared dinner? Make up your feeble minds already.

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2013 7:35 PM

I have a fat friend, they are picky....turn their nose up at an avocado, but would eat a whole package of oreos... In the closet.

by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2013 7:37 PM

So if you don't like avocados, you are picky? Even if you do like Oreos? I mean, what's the criteria for which foods it's OK to like or not like in order to not be considered picky?

I happen to like both but I eat several avocados a week and I rarely eat Oreos...so does that mean I'm picky or not picky?

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2013 8:09 PM

Neither, R51 it just means you're a liar.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2013 8:15 PM

@ R 14

fat people can't masturbate

imagine trying to do that when your huge gut is in the way!!!

fat guys probably pee sitting down

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2013 8:21 PM

[quote]OP is the same one who will cry about gay oppression and then turn right around and bully and trash others. I can't stand these idiots.

Troll-dar shows you're a racist. Who is the idiot here, again?

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2013 8:37 PM

r43, r44, and r45 nail it.

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2013 8:38 PM

I don't know how anyone can be thin eating a standard American diet.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2013 8:38 PM

R52, you are really obsessed with what people eat. You really should get help.

by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2013 8:50 PM

I knew a guy in college who has been obsessed with whether women are fat or not. I've known him for over 30 years and he is still obsessed.

My college roommate always thought he was a closet case. He is definitely an alcoholic.

I would love to understand his obsession.

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2013 9:00 PM

[quote]I happen to like both but I eat several avocados a week and I rarely eat Oreos...so does that mean I'm picky or not picky?

You're non-picky, yet an asshat.

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2013 9:03 PM

A fat friend of mine died in a grease fire.

She tried to lick the flames.

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2013 9:05 PM

Wow the internet is a dark place. Why are there all these pictures of obese women in their underwear eating cake out there?

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2013 9:09 PM

I am a fat guy and I don't enjoy eating in public. So I should just get it over with and go ahead and kill myself now because my life is not gonna get any better? Is that what you fat obsessed posters want?

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2013 10:08 PM

I know one fat guy (not huge, but at least 30 pounds overweight) who's fully vegan. I would love it if somebody could explain how the fuck a VEGAN can get fat, short of eating nothing but peanut butter and avocados all day. (No, he's not one of the vegan wackos with a host of food allergies, and isn't allergic to nuts.)

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2013 10:20 PM

r12 nails it

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2013 10:26 PM

Being a vegan doesn't stop him from eating a lot of empty carbs/sugar. That is the problem with most people's diet, not the fat.

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2013 10:29 PM

Why is everyone assuming the poster taking pop shots at fat people aren't fat themselves? It's probably a form of self-flagellation.

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2013 10:33 PM

R59, get help for your food issues. Obsessing about what other people eat is pretty pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 67October 27, 2013 12:11 AM

The only time I hate fat people is when their fat is touching me on an airplane. I'm poor and can't afford to fly first class. They're poor and can't stop eating. My loss.

Otherwise, I feel sorry for them and don't judge them, realizing it's just an addiction that is hard to overcome. But fuck, having to be in direct contact with an obese person on a 5 hours flight is too fucking much. If I was a chick and the fat woman was a dude, the issue would be completely different. Not saying any more.

by Anonymousreply 68October 27, 2013 12:31 AM

To be fare maybe some of these fatties who eat small amounts or healthy food are trying to lose weight. I'm a bit fat and most of the time I eat very well and in small amounts. I used to be very fat and by changing the way I eat I have lost weight and continue to. It doesn't happen overnight for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 69October 27, 2013 1:30 AM

I don't have much interest in what other people eat but then I've never had a weight problem.

When there is a morbidly obese person eating a big plate of fattening food at my table, or nearby, I sometimes notice it. It doesn't make me angry at them, I just feel sorry for them.

I imagine that people who have had issues with their own weight can't help noticing and commenting on what everyone else is eating all the time. It's probably difficult to be reminded of what they used to be and could be again so they rage against it.

by Anonymousreply 70October 27, 2013 1:54 AM

And what she eats is your business how, OP? I forget.

by Anonymousreply 71October 27, 2013 2:24 AM

[quote]I imagine that people who have had issues with their own weight can't help noticing and commenting on what everyone else is eating all the time. It's probably difficult to be reminded of what they used to be and could be again so they rage against it.

But, as mentioned by others, some people just need someone else to look down upon.

by Anonymousreply 72October 27, 2013 4:40 AM

I second R12, who the fuck cares about this subject, really?

by Anonymousreply 73October 27, 2013 5:05 AM

g

by Anonymousreply 74October 28, 2013 12:50 AM

h

by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2014 4:33 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2021 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!