Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Plastic surgeries of the "Golden Girls" actresses

Which of them had work done? What procedures, and when?

I always wondered if Rue McClanahan had a nose job as a young woman - her nose looked sort of phony to me.

Were they having procedures during the run of the show? Are there any seasons where you can tell by comparing the finale of one season to the premiere of the next that somebody had a face lift during the summer hiatus?

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2018 3:47 AM

Betty's entire body was covered in nipples when she was born.

by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2013 4:11 AM

Bea Arthur was pre-op, hormonal therapy only

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2013 4:14 AM

Rue and Bea, facelift. Betty said she had her eyes done.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2013 4:38 AM

The death of DataLounge, Exhibit #1.

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2013 4:41 AM

Yes, R4. Pity.

Imagine a person here not knowing it was octopus-like suction cups and not nipples, and that they took the extra six arms off because she kept her mother kept running out of mittens.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2013 5:37 AM

[quote]I always wondered if Rue McClanahan had a nose job as a young woman - her nose looked sort of phony to me.

Ya think? One of the worst and most obvious examples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2013 5:40 AM

Betty White was getting facelifts during her Golden Girls years. Bea Arthur very publicly started getting lifted while starring in Maude circa 1973...they built an entire episode around it.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2013 5:53 AM

Is that a tattoo on Rue at R6???

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2013 6:01 AM

When they did that "Maude" episode where she gets a facelift, what did they do - just make her up to look really haggard for the first part of the episode or something? I presume they didn't actually film the episode in two parts, before and after Bea's actual facelift!

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2013 11:16 PM

r9 Sadly I still haven't seen any Maude (one that I wanted to import the DVD boxsets for), but I do remember reading about that facelift episode in question.

Apparently they used duck tape to give her the lifted effect but Arthur offered to actually get one for real(!). Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2013 11:24 PM

Betty White said in an interview that Estelle Getty got a facelift after the first season, and when they came back from hiatus, the makeup people were furious with her about it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2013 11:30 PM

Rue always had a button nose, but it looks like she tried to make it smaller. As sexy as her character was meant to be, I always thought her overly done face was kind of a turn off. Funny how tightly-pulled (Botoxed) faces like that are almost the norm for older women in the entertainment industry now.

Rue McClanahan as a girl:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2013 11:42 PM

I'm shocked Estelle had a facelift. Out of all of them she was the only one who looked like an old lady who had aged naturally. So she actually worked as the mother.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2013 11:51 PM

Bea Arthur had a penis enlargement surgery during the show's fifth season.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2013 11:57 PM

Estelle got her tits done.

Betty had vaginal rejuvenation.

Bea had penile rejuvenation.

I had my face done with a belt sander.

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2013 12:06 AM

Bea got circumcised late in life. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2013 3:44 AM

Did Betty have some work done between the pilot and the series pick-up? She looks a bit old and haggard in the pilot to me as compared to how she later looked, but maybe they just hadn't gotten the makeup and lighting right yet.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2013 1:57 AM

Betty's hairdo was much better in the series than in the pilot. That made a huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2013 3:03 AM

Bea had a face lift in real life, but not while she was on Maude, that was strictly a "special episode" like when Mr WKRP molested Dudley.

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2014 9:59 PM

Betty was the only one who didn't have plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2014 10:50 PM

R19 yes Bea Arthur had a facelift between the ending of Maude and the start of Golden Girls, she also lost a noticeable amount of weight too between the two shows.

Betty had admitted to have the bags under her eyes removed, she also said Estelle Getty had a facelift between the first and second season.

I'm pretty sure Rue had a facelift between the first and second season. Her face looks a lot tighter in the later seasons than in the first few.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2016 12:25 PM

Have we all completed our daily quota of Bea Arthur dick jokes? They weren't funny 25 years ago and they're not funny today.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2016 1:02 PM

r6 I never realized how flat chested Rue was until I noticed it on "The Golden Girls." I would laugh when she would talk about her sexy bosom. I used to call her "Pooh Bear Body."

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2016 1:11 PM

R1 is correct, Betty was covered from head to toe in nipples, fun fact... between takes she would have audience members rub her all over, causing her to go into orgasmic fits of nipple ecstasy.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2016 1:26 PM

Did Rue have an actual face lift during Maude?

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2016 2:11 PM

Rue is built???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2016 2:12 PM

R21 Allegedly Bea had a face lift and a breast reduction between Maude and Golden Girls and clearly also lost a fair amount of weight. Bea was also a boozer and heavy smoker particularly during the golden girls although it never effected her work.

Betty stated she had her eyes done but nothing else and I believe that. Betty also claimed that Estelle had a face lift early on in the Golden Girls run.

Rue clearly had some work done between seasons 1 and 2 because she looks older in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2018 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!