Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Daley, Olympic Diver, Says He's Not Gay

“I think it’s funny when people say I’m gay...I laugh it off...I’m not. But even if I was, I wouldn’t be ashamed. It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest what people thought."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357February 28, 2018 4:26 PM

I'm fine with that .... whatever.

Funnier is the photo list of 38 other celebs hounded by the gay rumor ...revisit that list in five years, ten years and see how many of those are 'out' by then. I'd say probably at least 5 of them.

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2013 6:15 PM

At least Daley is not bearding. He'll come out later.

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2013 6:20 PM

I honestly don't think he's anything right now.

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2013 6:37 PM

He wouldn't be ashamed, but he "laughs it off."

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2013 6:39 PM

Once his swimming days are over, he'll charge out of that closet and say he doesn't know why he didn't admit it sooner.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2013 6:42 PM

I forgot how awful it was when I was in that phase of 'It's not like I'm gay or anything.'

I was afraid of societal rejection, AIDS...the whole nine yards.

I'm not saying this guy is or isn't gay, but if he is he's in a lot of pain, probably.

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2013 6:42 PM

People have convinced themselves that he's gay because they find him hot.

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2013 6:51 PM

Do you have any idea how many "not gay" men I Skype with? They love my fat dick. Hey...whatever helps them sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2013 7:05 PM

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2013 7:25 PM

There's straight guys that seem gay, gay guys that seem straight, and everything in between - both in terms of their actions and their sexual preferences. As long as he's happy in his own skin, who gives a shit.

Like someone else said, he's still great to watch in his speedo, and that's as close as any of us is most likely to get anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Any British guys here? Do you think Tom Daley is gay? Does he ping to you, or are people just picking up the wrong signals because he is British?

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Even for an Englishman, this kid has gayvoice and gayface for days and days. Gayer than Gareth, Lord Gayerson.

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2013 7:42 PM

Oh my god, you are joking! Wtf. I was thinking he couldn't contain the flames much longer and didn't want to hide anyway and be an early coming out. Oh dear, typical.

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2013 7:43 PM

Clearly in denial. I do believe he's gay, but he might not have realized/accepted it himself yet. Which is fine. He should come out when he's ready.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2013 7:45 PM

I remember when I said I wasn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2013 7:45 PM

lol @ r4.

r11, anyone with eyes and ears can tell this boy is gay, he doesn't merely "ping" but flames off the chart. I don't think a "he's not gay, just British/French" type rule applies here.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2013 7:46 PM

He's awfully cute.

But where is his teammate? Not the bald one, but his name is Christopher I think?

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2013 7:51 PM

Here he is presenting hole (NSFW, obviously)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2013 7:56 PM

And I'm Kate Middleton...

Gurl, please, you're too gay even for British!

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2013 7:58 PM

R17, Chris Mears posed naked for a gay magazine last year. He is still competing and still hangs out with his friend Tom.

We had a thread on Mears last year, and interestingly enough, he said he has 'met a lot of gay guys through Tom'.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2013 7:59 PM

A gymnastic fish.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2013 8:01 PM

I can understand why he may not want to come out if he is gay. He is only around 19, his father died a couple of years ago, and he is the main breadwinner for his mother and brothers.

He is just at the start of his career and after winning the bronze in 2012, he wants to win the gold in 2016. He's probably concerned about sponsorships and t.v. deals, some of which would be lost because it's still an issue for some people if an athlete is gay.

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2013 8:01 PM

R11, my British friends confirm he pings to high heaven! There's no sane man in UK who believes this little queen is straight.

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2013 8:01 PM

I'm not one of those who assume that everyone is gay - far from it - but I definitely think this kid is. I would bet good money that he'll come out in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 24September 8, 2013 8:03 PM

[quote]Chris Mears: ‘I’m trying to steal Tom Daley’s gay fanbase’

British diving Olympian Chris Mears has explained the reasons why he decided to strip off for a gay magazine’s photo shoot.

He wants to steal Tom Daley’s gay fan base.

In an interview with Gay Times, the 19-year-old straight heartthrob joked: ‘I’m trying to steal his gay fan base by doing this shoot for GT!

‘I know people through Tom who are gay and I’m good friends with them.’

As a diver, Mears has to keep his body on display and in tiny trunks so he has quite camp grooming regimes. He also says he’s often propositioned for gay sex on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 8, 2013 8:06 PM

Chris Mears naked photo shoot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 8, 2013 8:10 PM

More of Chris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 8, 2013 8:11 PM

Chris naked ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 8, 2013 8:11 PM

More Chris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 8, 2013 8:11 PM

Nobody's going to believe him because he's not angry and vehement enough.

The only way people will believe you is if you talk about punching someone out who said you were gay in a bar.

by Anonymousreply 30September 8, 2013 8:11 PM

More Chris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2013 8:12 PM

Chris looks like Tom's twin.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2013 8:21 PM

You can see Daley's flames from space.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2013 8:23 PM

Chris looks gay, too, but where's his dick?

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2013 8:25 PM

R34, he left it in Tom's ass.

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2013 8:28 PM

I'm pretty sure he has one, R34:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2013 8:29 PM

Chris Mears package adjustment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2013 8:30 PM

What's all over his right nipple?

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2013 8:31 PM

I think it'll be another Joe McElderry situation with Tom. People shouldn't push the issue, though. He's barely out of his teens.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2013 8:32 PM

So am I, R36, as your pic makes deliciously, invitingly obvious. So, since he's doing "naked," let's see it.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2013 8:41 PM

I don't think he is gay. Let him be. It's his life.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2013 10:27 PM

And Wentworth Miller denied he was gay, How many times?

by Anonymousreply 42September 9, 2013 5:35 AM

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 43September 9, 2013 5:40 AM

But we've been assured time and time again that the British are way too cool and "together" to care if someone is gay. Is this not the case?

by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2013 5:52 AM

BBC interview with Chris Mears:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2013 5:56 AM

Why don't you have a girlfriend then Tom? There is plenty of time for one despite what you say. Most 19 year old straight guys are pussy crazy. With your looks and fame you must be getting it like crazy.

The "I don't have time for a girlfriend thing" is so tired. I'm surprised celebrities still use it.

I say he comes out by the time he's 25

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2013 11:00 AM

Chris totally throws him under the bus by saying he's met many gay friends through Tom.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2013 11:02 AM

R44 British are not cool, they are better at being hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2013 11:14 AM

Tom has a nicer body but Chris is much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2013 4:22 PM

At least he's not a closeted gay guy outraged by the claims he's gay. That's progress.

Give him five years.

by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2013 4:24 PM

As another poster mentioned, his comments are most likely due to sponsors and endorsements. Maybe he doesn't know how the sponsors actually feel about homosexuality. He has very little power and possibly next to no money without them.

However Tom identifies, I wish him all the best. He's a high-profile British athlete but he's also a kid. He deserves to just have fun and have some privacy.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2013 4:54 PM

What are the names of these sponsors and endorsements, R51? So, I can never purchase their products.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2013 4:58 PM

If he's not gay, then why does his butt taste like candy?

by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2013 5:19 PM

Mmm, musk candy...

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Gay men who insist that people are gay when those people clearly don't identify or want to be gay look desperate and pitiful. If someone doesn't want to be associated with gays, then let them be. Daley knows best who he is and what he likes. You sound stupid trying to tell another person who they are.

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2013 5:38 PM

If he is, he is. If he isn't, he isn't. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2013 5:42 PM

R55 = Ian Thorpe

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2013 5:42 PM

Bless his gay heart.

by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2013 5:42 PM

I bet R56 is a 12 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2013 7:27 PM

R55 Like when in 2007 I told them I was straight and wanted a wife and kids but they didn't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 60September 9, 2013 8:00 PM

Why do we care so much? Do you go up to hot guys on the street and say excuse me have you ever had sex with another male? Are you bi? Are you gay? Lord, just let people live their life whether they have homo sex once, twice, every day, or never.

by Anonymousreply 61September 9, 2013 8:05 PM

It's a gossip website, R61. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 62September 9, 2013 8:08 PM

R61, they don't call me Daily Daley for nothing! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 63September 9, 2013 8:26 PM

He is straight. Get over it, dudes.

by Anonymousreply 64September 9, 2013 10:24 PM

Joke's on us. Tom knows damn well he gets that chlorinated scented hole beat in by hot dudes.

by Anonymousreply 65September 9, 2013 10:30 PM

Wentworth Miller, Lance Bass, Clay Aiken, Ricky Martin. These are all celebrities who at one time or another denied being gay in an interview.

Lance Bass, Zachary Quinto, Neil Patrick Harris, Wentworth Miller, and Mika are just a few of the celebrities that fans were convinced were gay long before they came out. At one time Rosie O'donnell and Ellen were in the closet.

People don't think Tom Daley is gay just because he's cute. There are plenty of cute athletes and celebrities that don't set off the gaydar. Hell, Tom Daley's own teammate Chris Mears posed naked for a gay magazine and he doesn't get very much gay speculation and you can make the case that he's hotter than Tom Daley.

People think Tom Daley is gay because he's most likely gay. Gaydar is actually pretty accurate.

by Anonymousreply 66September 9, 2013 10:35 PM

When will he display his anus??

by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2013 10:40 PM

What about me, R66?

by Anonymousreply 68September 9, 2013 10:42 PM

And me, R66?

by Anonymousreply 69September 9, 2013 10:45 PM

Tom is not gay! He just asked out Katie Holmes!

by Anonymousreply 70September 9, 2013 10:48 PM

R55, this is a gay site. We loathe straight cunts like you. Go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 71September 9, 2013 11:18 PM

No, Tom is not gay...but, his boyfriend is!

by Anonymousreply 72September 9, 2013 11:27 PM

[quote]Clearly in denial. I do believe he's gay, but he might not have realized/accepted it himself yet. Which is fine. He should come out when he's ready.

Yeah, a lot of guys don't accept they're gay, or aren't comfortable with it rather, till they're like early 20s.

But I thought the kids of today would be coming out earlier. I'm a little disappointed as I thought Tom would be an early coming out and role model material. But as someone else said, he's still only in his teens and could come out early 20s. I hope he doesn't turn into a joke like Ian Thorpe.

But r45 has it. That's it, Rio 2016. Knew it. Things like this don't ever seem to change, it's just like Hollywood actors and celebs.

by Anonymousreply 73September 9, 2013 11:29 PM

Huge pussy hound, the likes of Aaron Schock.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2013 3:37 AM

Jeremy Renner isn't gay. I know this to be true.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2013 5:18 AM

[quote]r55 - If someone doesn't want to be associated with gays,

Your bigotry is showing. And you sound way too old to be a Tom Daley fangurl, btw.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2013 6:21 AM

R66 is correct. It's not the case that people want a guy to be gay just because he's cute. The reason there are persistent gay rumors about some guys is because some of them are GAY.

As R66 says, Chris Mears is hotter than Tom Daley and even took his clothes off for a gay magazine and yet not as many people think he is gay, even though a lot of people wish he was.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2013 8:30 AM

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2013 6:50 AM

If he is gay, he's a liar. Kevin Spacey is still in the closet after the same lie. No one is going to buy the "I am/was bisexual so I wasn't lying" evasion.

Wentworth Miller grew up in an era where gay men thought we'd all end up with AIDS and were officially second-class citizens. And yet Greg Louganis had the guts to come out nearly 20 years before Miller and came out as poz.

What's his excuse going to be if he is in fact gay?

I say good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2013 7:01 AM

“I wish I had time to meet a girl. I thought after the Olympics I would have loads more time but that hasn't been the case.”

This is to all celebrities who have their sexuality speculated about. Never ever ever use the "I'm to busy for a gf/bf" line. Everybody has enough time to date. Even the most Type A work around the clock driven fortune 500 executive has time for a wife and kids. Actors, Actresses, Presidents etc They marry or date all the time. . As Elaine Benes would say. Nobody is buying it so you shouldn't be selling it.

Pic a more plausible excuse random celebrity. The British mafia won't let me date in Plymouth, Minister Farrakhan ordered me to sell bean pies in Piccadilly Circus or something like that. These will work for anyone. Use them free of charge, happy to help :-)

by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2013 9:27 AM

Yeah, I'm surprised he said that, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2013 9:43 AM

David Boudia is even better at Diving than Tom Daley and he had time to get married. I assume he's put in just as much time and work as Mr. Daley yet he had time for a relationship with someone who apparently live close by.

Steele Johnson said in one of his blogs that his parents want him to start dating but he said that there is no one to date, forever alone.

Maybe hot divers have trouble getting dates.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2013 10:50 AM

But he has time to create and post silly videos on YouTube...and tweet...and instagram...and....

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Holy shit! I thought David Boudia is a gay man. When he came out on that NBC show "Splash" last year, he pinged off the charts! According to Wikipedia, he became a Christian in 2010 through the influence of his college diving coach Adam Soldati." Sounds fishy. Is he ex-gay or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2013 11:04 AM

Mmmm, high resolution speedo pictures.

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Boudia is one swishy "straight" man.

But if there is one lesson from history Louganis, Mitcham and Boudia all prove your sexuality doesn't determine whether you'll be an Olympic champion.

Daley will never be a gold medalist and may not medal at all if his recent performances are any indication.

What the little dolt doesn't realize is that his "gay fans" were pulling for him because he might be gay, so he's just thrown that away.

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Daley better get that prime dick before he gets old & ugly. You know it's coming.

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2013 11:36 AM

[quote]Daley will never be a gold medalist and may not medal at all if his recent performances are any indication.

Has Daley been doing badly lately? I haven't watched diving since the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2013 11:49 AM

David Boudia pings to high heavens as well. If he got married to a woman I think it is because he is in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2013 11:49 AM

yes, R88, at World's just as at the Olympics he nearly missed the final with a horrible dive and two mediocre ones, then in the final was 2nd at one point and then flopped down again and barely made it into 6rh place.

For a "not gay" boy, all that primping he does on the board seems to be where his focus is. I've never seen any diver worry about his hair as much as Daley does before he dives.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2013 12:29 PM

In r84's pic, I think there is some dick to dick action going on...

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2013 12:35 PM

r86 is absolutely right. I was convinced(and still am) that he was gay. That's what I found interesting about him but if he's straight why would I give a fuck about him. There are plenty of other guys cuter than him to care about.

Gay guys weren't interested in him because he's a diver. That's just straight media stupidity. We figured he was playing the I don't discuss my sexuality game which is acceptable but he's decided to play the closet game which makes him useless quite frankly.

Tom don't come out when you're 30 and nobody gives a damn.

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2013 3:51 PM

There are plenty of divers cuter than Tom Daley but they don't ping so they don't get the interest from the gay community that he gets.

The media always gets it wrong. Gay guys liked him because we thought he was gay but now that we've found out that he's "straight" I bet interest in him goes way down.

by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Depends how you define a relationship. I think that all most celebrities have time for is a fuck buddy that they see now and again when both are in the same city. (be that m/m, m/f, whatever)

Most probably have open relationships and it's understood that they'll be boinking whoever their current costar is or what have you. Some fans along the way if they're hot enough and seem like they might be somewhat discreet.

But a relationship like most of us working class schlubs think of one? Or like these celebrity's parents probably had and they grew up with? I have no doubt that a real working celebrity has no time for such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2013 3:59 PM

Bingo to all of the above.

Chris Mears, who is reportedly straight, is just as cute and courted his gay fans, unlike Daley who is now "laughing" at being thought of as gay and claims to be glad to have adoring gay fans.

If he has PR people, they're not doing him any favours. If he doesn't have PR help, he should get it.

There are always plenty of cute divers in speedos to get interested in. And Matthew Mitcham actually has a gold medal, is out, and despite the former drug problems, is cute with his ukelele.

The more Daley fails to win, why should we be interested in him if he's not gay?

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2013 4:14 PM

I'd totally put it in Chris.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2013 6:33 PM

If Tom thinks we should champion him for his talent alone ... and looks, perhaps ... let's start with people who rival him...

How about Illya Kvasha from Ukraine, silver medalist, 1m springboard...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2013 7:12 PM

Or Sascha Klein, who beat Tom at the Olympics and World's ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2013 7:19 PM

Or cutie Qui Bo, who won Tom's event at World's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2013 7:19 PM

I like Oleksandr Bondar who didn't do too well in London, but might make a bigger splash in Rio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2013 7:26 PM

Very cute, R100....

Let's try Kvasha again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2013 7:50 PM

Spaghetti is straight too.... Till it gets hot and wet.

by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2013 8:01 PM

Are you kidding r94

Justin Bieber is 10 times busier that Tom Daley and yet he's found time to have a long term girlfriend who actually lives in the same area code.

Tom Daley has time to take pictures of himself sun bathing and making cute sexy and I know it videos but no time to find a girl.

More like no interest in finding a girl.

by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2013 10:37 PM

He's just a kid. He'll come to terms.

by Anonymousreply 104September 11, 2013 10:47 PM

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Yoo-hoo!

by Anonymousreply 105September 11, 2013 11:06 PM

He'll make a girl with a strap on very happy some day.

by Anonymousreply 106September 12, 2013 3:41 AM

Tom Daley's own teammate, Chris Mears, has a girlfriend. So how come Tom doesn't have time for one?

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2013 8:47 AM

The little queen hasn't been too busy to pose for his own Tom Daley 2014 Calendar.

He recently posted this shot of him in his underwear:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2013 9:01 AM

r108, you seem so bitter and negative, dude.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2013 1:59 PM

Tom is defs not gay. He only takes my dick up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2013 2:11 PM

I'm surprised the media is still falling for that I'm to busy to date line.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2013 2:58 PM

I don't know if they are falling for it, but I don't think they want to pursue it. Tom is only 19 and he is well-liked in Britain. Grilling him about why he doesn't have a girlfriend probably wouldn't go over well.

by Anonymousreply 112September 14, 2013 1:48 AM

Tom is straight.

by Anonymousreply 113September 14, 2013 2:35 AM

Well then, r113 has settled it.

by Anonymousreply 114September 14, 2013 3:38 AM

Tom Daley is the British Colton Haynes. A bunch of vagina chasing fiends.

by Anonymousreply 115September 14, 2013 4:19 AM

I'd like to slip a finger up Tom's pooper, fish around for his G-spot and make him squirm!

by Anonymousreply 116September 14, 2013 4:33 AM

Good point r112

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2013 7:53 PM

I like the dude. He knows who is better than anyone else. Moreover, there is no real evidence that he is not being truthful. If you have some convincing evidence otherwise, reveal it. Otherwise, I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 118September 14, 2013 9:17 PM

R118, this isn't a courtroom. You don't need to be quite so defensive.

by Anonymousreply 119September 15, 2013 12:17 AM

Tom isn't straight, and I'm the dame who can prove it.

by Anonymousreply 120September 15, 2013 12:26 AM

r118/r108 - It's not that serious. You can still have your fantasies about him if he's a gay dude.

by Anonymousreply 121September 15, 2013 12:53 AM

R75, yes he is. He is he is he is. And just because he doesn't have sex with guys (outside Tammy in the past) and just because he has sex with women don't think we don't know he isn't not ungay.

by Anonymousreply 122September 15, 2013 2:11 AM

Give him ten years, he'll come out.

by Anonymousreply 123September 15, 2013 4:38 AM

We have to wait TEN YEARS, R123?

by Anonymousreply 124September 15, 2013 5:35 AM

Not only he's gay, but he's pimping his "straight" friends to his fuckbuddies. That's how Chris Mears found "gay friends" through Tom.

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2013 12:50 AM

"Thou doth protest too much"

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2013 3:20 AM

There have been a few rumors about Chris, R125. Not as many as with Tom, but some people have wondered why his girlfriend Natalie seems to be far less pretty than he is.

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2013 4:50 AM

Are you just speculating r125

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2013 10:32 AM

R118 This will stun you but I don't think they're saying he doesn't know who he is but that he might be lying about it for his career. But of course nobody ever does that...totally irrelevant but did you see that recent video of "not gay but okay with rumours" Wentworth Miller talking about how he lied about his sexuality to further his career?

He pings to me, not saying that makes him gay though there are actually a few stright flamers in the UK (google Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen), but there was another male Brit Olympian (Judoka/Boxer, I forget which) on Splash and I thought it seemed pretty obvious Tom fancied him. Just my opinion of course, but I do think that "plenty of gay friends through Tom" comment from Chris Mears was telling.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2013 1:25 PM

[R129] You're thinking of Anthony Ogogo

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2013 1:31 PM

Thanks R130, for some reason I always mix up his and Ashley MacKenzie's sports.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2013 1:45 PM

I wonder if Tom has sampled Louis Smith's giant dick. Louis said Tom has a small one.

Tom should record himself getting pummeled by Louis. They both can be gay Kim Kardashians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2013 1:49 PM

Gurl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2013 2:12 PM

[quote]did you see that recent video of "not gay but okay with rumours" Wentworth Miller talking about how he lied about his sexuality to further his career?

Did Wentworth Miller speak in an interview since coming out? I know that he came out in the recent letter to Russia, but I haven't seen him interviewed about it yet.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2013 6:09 PM

I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2013 6:22 PM

[quote]I do think that "plenty of gay friends through Tom" comment from Chris Mears was telling.

Why do you think Chris said that? Was it just a slip, or was he trying to nudge Tom out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2013 6:24 PM

Deflecting, R136.

by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2013 6:28 PM

Deflecting what? Trying to distract people from asking Chris himself if he is gay too?

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2013 6:31 PM

So much hysteria over "gay". Still.

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2013 6:38 PM

hump

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2013 6:44 PM

[quote]I wonder if Tom has sampled Louis Smith's giant dick. Louis said Tom has a small one.

R132. That was rather inappropriate of Louis to say about a fellow athlete since nobody gets to choose their size. Tom Daley's sexual appeal goes beyond Louis Smith's appeal. So Louis might want to work on that part of 'his package.'

by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2013 6:46 PM

He was about to be abducted by extraterrestrials but the alien commander said: "leave him, it's obvious that his ass has already been probed"

That's how gay he is

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2013 6:51 PM

[quote]Louis said Tom has a small one.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2013 7:04 PM

R134 it wasn't an interview it was a speech he gave at an HRC event. If you go to the Human Rights Campaign channel on youtube (hrcmedia) you can watch it there, it's actually quite thought provoking and well worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2013 7:21 PM

[quote]That was rather inappropriate of Louis to say about a fellow athlete since nobody gets to choose their size.

Oh r141, stop being so sensitive about your precious Tom who claims he's not gay. Especially since he probably has Louis down his throat as I type!

In the link at r132, Smith isn't necessarily saying Tom is small, just that Tom's is not as big as his. Which is likely true because Louis is half Caribbean and probably has a bigger dick than a lot of people.

And Smith also said the same thing you just did, that Tom would sell more calenders than he would. Louis knows that Tom is the ideal twink that you lecherous queens just love, as evidenced by the many replies in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2013 7:26 PM

R136 I don't think there was any malice in it. If he's gay, and he might not be, I'd always assumed that if he is it's one of the things everyone who knows him knows but not as part of his public persona. It's taken him a while to actually say he's not, considering the interest gay men have taken in him and the article was quite some time ago. So I think he either meant he knows gay people through Tom because Tom's gay (not really thinking it was a big deal since Tom hadn't denied it in the press himself) or because of all the gay people who have taken an interest in Tom. It's been a while since I read the interview and to be honest most of the pictures in that Gay Times were more interesting than what most of the guys were saying but it came across more as name dropping a more famous friend who he knows people like. I'd assume he usually gets asked about Tom at some point in interviews.

Either way it was an article in the annual naked issue of a gay magazine that even not a lot of gay people read (it's one of the only issues I've ever bought) so nobody is likely to take the comment too seriously and it's not an unambigious "I know Tom Daley and he's gay" anyway.

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2013 7:36 PM

[quote]Louis knows that Tom is the ideal twink that you lecherous queens just love

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2013 7:45 PM

[quote]stop being so sensitive about your precious Tom who claims he's not gay.

R145. He's not my 'precious Tom.' I'm not hung up on Tom Daley. I was simply commenting on Smith's inappropriate statement to the media about his 'package.'. It was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2013 7:49 PM

Louis should talk. His closet is quite elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2013 7:51 PM

r148, I doubt you would feel it was inappropriate if Tom made the same comment

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2013 7:55 PM

Has Louis seen Tom naked? Is that what he is admitting? The reporter should have asked a follow-up question.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2013 7:56 PM

r148, loosen up dude. Big cocks should be celebrated.

r151, that's what I'm saying, sounds like Louis has seen Tom without the speedo!

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2013 7:58 PM

Well, it would make sense that athletes see each other naked sometimes in the showers and changing rooms, but it still would have been interesting if the reporter had asked Louis to clarify what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2013 8:01 PM

R150. You're wrong. But of course, your statement is ridiculous too.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2013 8:02 PM

I would like for Tom to sit on my face and smother me with his cheeks as I lap away at his sweet, sweet, chlorinated asshole.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2013 8:16 PM

Remember last year at the Olympics how Tom would sashay back and forth between the showers and the diving board and wash himself off in a much more revealing manner than any of the other divers?

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2013 8:21 PM

Tom was selling his arse under the guise of excessive showering...or at least that's what the cameras would have you believe. We don't know if others were doing the same thing since the cameas followed Daley more than the others.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2013 8:32 PM

R157, Daley also wears the most skimpy speedos of any of the guys. Jonathan Ross even asked him about it on his show after the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 158September 16, 2013 8:34 PM

Outsports did a podcast today where they basically said that Tom was straight and that we are silly queens for thinking that he was gay in the first place. Very condescending. As if the only reason we think Tom is gay is because he's a diver and he likes to take pictures of himself.

Tom drew interest gay fans because they thought he was gay not because he's a diver.

by Anonymousreply 159September 16, 2013 11:45 PM

He drew interest from gay fans because he is young and cute.

Whether or not he's gay is negotiable.

by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2013 12:00 AM

So masculine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2013 9:38 AM

Just call him Butch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2013 9:39 AM

A real man's man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2013 9:40 AM

Straight as an arrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2013 9:41 AM

Presenting hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2013 9:52 AM

Daley sure does mug for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2013 12:29 PM

He certainly loves attention.

I rememebr when about a year after the 2008 Olympics, he had to change schools because he was being bullied so badly by guys calling him "Speedo Boy." I am sure they called him worse. His dad was so supportive of Tom, it's sad that he's passed away.

And remember Tom at 14, getting into the argument with his diving partner who was on his cell to his mom?

by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2013 5:36 PM

He is such a flamer

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2013 6:24 PM

Flexible little thing, isn't he, R165?

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2013 7:22 PM

iS anyone attracted to this female?

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Gayer than the front row of a Judy Garland concert.

by Anonymousreply 171September 18, 2013 2:34 AM

He is straight, you queens think every cute guy is gay.

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2013 5:12 AM

He's not gay or straight because he's a virgin. He's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2013 5:33 AM

R172, as already stated above, people do not think Tom is gay just because he is cute. It's because he pings and admits he doesn't have a girlfriend. As people have said, Chris Mears, who is hotter, does not have as many gay rumors even though people would like him to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2013 5:44 AM

He also purposefully showers in a way that is meant to cocktease the gays.

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2013 12:08 PM

R173, how do you know he is a virgin? It's certainly possible since he is 19 and his own mother admits he has never had a girlfriend, but he's also at the age were many good-looking guys, (particularly famous ones) would be having sex.

by Anonymousreply 176September 19, 2013 5:21 AM

Male of female he's having sex with somebody.

by Anonymousreply 177September 19, 2013 10:28 AM

I've heard first hand about him having sex with a man. A footman at Buckingham Palace, no less.

by Anonymousreply 178September 19, 2013 11:08 AM

You heard this from the footman? What a weird reference.

He doesn't want us to be interested in him sexually, so message received.

by Anonymousreply 179September 19, 2013 1:13 PM

So Tom is into foot fetishism?

by Anonymousreply 180September 19, 2013 1:19 PM

I don't mind talking about Tom but after he came out as straight I did lose interest in looking at his pictures and stuff. It kind of surprised me actually.

by Anonymousreply 181September 19, 2013 1:42 PM

And Louis is ugly, R149.

by Anonymousreply 182September 19, 2013 1:48 PM

It shouldn't surprise you, R181. It's normal.

What's not normal is looking at all these girls who talk about how they're "dying" over gay boys like Matt Doyle and how perfect he is.

If someone says "I'm thrilled your attracted to me, but I bat for the other team" they're basically not only turning you down but saying they don't get all gay men.

Now if his calendar sales drop, may his ego will deflate.

by Anonymousreply 183September 19, 2013 9:53 PM

[quote]Male of female he's having sex with somebody.

Did you mean male OR female?

Anyway, he's not necessarily having sex. As someone else said above, he's very sheltered in the world of his training and his family right now, and he could still be a virgin at his age. Some people do wait until they are older and he has a lot going on in his life.

by Anonymousreply 184September 20, 2013 12:35 AM

Seriously, gays, have some self-respect. Boycott this queen and see how long her "popularity" will last.

by Anonymousreply 185September 20, 2013 12:51 AM

Other then ogling her pix on fmforums, there's not much to boycott.

Or girlcott.

by Anonymousreply 186September 20, 2013 12:55 AM

R186, I assume people are referring to the option of not buying Tom's 2014 Calendar.

by Anonymousreply 187September 20, 2013 1:06 AM

Travis Wall and his crew having lunch with Tom Daley.

Perhaps if Tom stopped hangout around all of his gay following he could find the time to get himself a real girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 26, 2013 4:03 PM

Sausagefest.

by Anonymousreply 189September 26, 2013 5:54 PM

The twin guys in that photo have gayface, R188.

And yes, Tom does like his male friends.

by Anonymousreply 190September 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Just curious -- Since the swimmers aren't in Speedos brief style racers anymore, there's no comparison.

But why have divers' speedos always seemed to be shorter? I would think with the tumbling and impact, you'd want more coverage. I'm always amazed they don't come off.

Not that I would complain....

by Anonymousreply 191October 2, 2013 6:20 PM

So Tom "I don't have time for a girlfriend but I'm certainly straight" Daley is still finding time to hang out with the gay boys.

He really needs lessons in how to be a better closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 12, 2013 11:11 AM

He was subtly outed on a British radio show.

by Anonymousreply 193October 12, 2013 11:47 AM

swimming is not a masculine sport. there will be lots of non-masculine guys around when you are swimmer by default.

by Anonymousreply 194October 12, 2013 3:32 PM

"I'm not gay but I have no time for girlfriend"

Is he taking lessons from Wentworth Miller?

by Anonymousreply 195October 12, 2013 6:18 PM

When and what show r193

by Anonymousreply 196October 12, 2013 8:13 PM

let him be, dudes

by Anonymousreply 197October 13, 2013 6:01 PM

I would also like to know which show R193 is referring to.

by Anonymousreply 198October 13, 2013 7:46 PM

Interesting, R192. Didn't expect to see Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley together!

by Anonymousreply 199October 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Direct photo link to Tom & Dustin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 13, 2013 8:43 PM

Comment from someone at Queerty:

[quote]He has been seen in various gay clubs in the UK frequently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 13, 2013 8:49 PM

So, he's hanging out with a gay choreographer and a gay screenwriter.

He's either planning a musical biopic, or he's getting fucked by some A-gays.

Or both.

by Anonymousreply 202October 14, 2013 12:13 AM

A musical biopic is super straight.

by Anonymousreply 203October 14, 2013 2:39 AM

I can see why DLB is using his status to get to be around Taylor Lautner-Tom Daley in the "likes them young and dumb" department.

But given that Daley has no reason whatsoever to hang with DLB, this really gives the impression that DLB like Gus Van Sant has a thing for trying to exploit guys in the closet, or in the case of Lautner and Daley, gay guys that go out of their way to say they're not gay, which is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 204October 14, 2013 7:32 AM

Tom Daley & Dustin Lance Black are the last 2 guys I expected to see together.

What is a British diver doing in Hollywood with an American screenwriter?

by Anonymousreply 205October 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Dustin Lance Black seems to cling to closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 206October 14, 2013 3:48 PM

DLB is a real disappointment. Writing these big pieces about gay heroes who are out and then using his fame to hang out with twinks who appear to be closeted mos.

If he's counseling them to come out, maybe that's a nod in his favor. If Lautner and Daley are any clue, his counseling seems to be producing twinks that feel a need to tell the world how not gay they are.

Classy.

by Anonymousreply 207October 14, 2013 8:24 PM

Anyone know how Daley ended up in Hollywood with Black? They're not exactly the type of guys that would just run into each other.

Lautner one can understand since he's an actor. But you don't run into many British divers in Hollywood. What was Daley doing there?

by Anonymousreply 208October 15, 2013 7:03 AM

Seems that Tom was at the beach in Florida earlier this year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 15, 2013 9:09 AM

Tom in Florida (looks like Chris Mears next to him):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210October 15, 2013 9:11 AM

I'm a woman and he pings to high heaven and back. He's young and wants all the financial and professional opportunities he can possibly get. OTOH this "OMG, I'm so totally not gay" thing annoys me. OTOH, so many gay men have done the same for decades (some still do) and only came out in their 40s, 50s and 60s with nothing to lose and huge bank accounts that I can't totally blame him.

It does however make me respect young people like Jaymi Hensley who's in a boy band and has an incredible voice that could lead to a huge solo career and he still came out. Jaimi has so much more to lose imo than this twink.

by Anonymousreply 211October 15, 2013 9:40 AM

Jaymi Hensley couldn't really avoid coming out to the public as he is engaged to his boyfriend. I'm glad he did so early in his career. He seems a nice fellow. His boyfriend is cute too.

by Anonymousreply 212October 15, 2013 9:53 AM

Here's the article & photo of DLB in 2011 with Taylor Lautner (& Gus Van Sant).

I guess DLB has moved on to Tom Daley now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 15, 2013 10:03 AM

r212 I disagree that Jaimi couldn't avoid it. He's not a bigger flamer than most band boys (even the straight ones) or any other celebs and could easily "pass" as straight. Him being engaged means nothing as far as being able to "closet" because the media always cooperates and doesn't out celebs unless they are caught in very compromising situations or are extremely hated.

Jaimi simply chose to "come out" even during the competition itself and deserves huge respect for it and for taking the more difficult way.

I really hope he has a big solo career because he seems like the nicest guy and has an in incredible voice.

by Anonymousreply 214October 15, 2013 10:33 AM

What I'd like to know is, how did Tom Daley & DLB connect with each other? Who contacted who? Did someone introduce them?

by Anonymousreply 215October 15, 2013 10:44 AM

It probably went something like this.

"Hey Tom, I saw you were coming to the States, I'm thinking of making a movie about diving and wondered if I could meet and chat about it. You'd be great it.... I'll pay for your flight."

Daley with all of his videos clearly has an eye toward fame beyond diving, and went for it. DLB gets to get close to yet another twink who says he's not gay and that was probably it.

by Anonymousreply 216October 15, 2013 11:12 AM

Tom Daley does seem to be an ambitious little thing, R216. He certainly seems to like media attention and seeks out as much publicity as he can. He has his own 2014 Calendar coming out and appears on as many British t.v. shows as he can. Also posts large amounts of sexy photos to Twitter.

Maybe Daley is hoping to make a documentary/biographical movie about his journey to the Olympics, the death of his father from cancer, etc., and DLB is considering writing the screenplay?

by Anonymousreply 217October 15, 2013 11:22 AM

R214, there were pics of them together... kissing and being intimate. Jaymi had no choice but to come out.

by Anonymousreply 218October 15, 2013 2:53 PM

R218 you sound confused.

Seems to me that they didn't care if they were seen being kissed and not ashamed of being engaged. That's what it means not to be ashamed of being gay.

The fact that they didn't issue a press release first didn't mean that they needed to do that to get some sort of permission to be seen kissing. People like you are really tedious to set up these timetables for when people have to come out.

They're people who happen to be in a band. Their press is not their private life, and not on any pre-approved plan of when they have to issue that statement to avoid being accused of being forced out.

What they did NOT do as what Tom Daley has done, doing an interview saying they're not gay and laugh at gay people who think so.

You seem to have missed that point.

by Anonymousreply 219October 15, 2013 3:01 PM

Right r219

The really offensive thing that Tom did was imply that the people who think he's gay are just those silly gay men who think I'm hot and wish I was gay.

No Tom we think you're gay because you're gay.

I happen to have the hots for Elliott Tittensor. He's actually done a pretty graphic gay scene and yet I don't think he's gay at all.

Stop spending all of your free time with gay guys Tom and maybe you might get that elusive gf.

by Anonymousreply 220October 15, 2013 4:10 PM

As has been said before, the reason he had "gay fans" is that he did a lot of things gay boys do (stereotypically so).

But saying the equivalent of "I love my gay fans" but "I'll laugh" if you think I'm gay makes him more than a tease. He's saying he does all the posing, dancing with other boys, etc. to show off and let us all adore him but that he felt the need to clarify that everyone should NOT think he's gay.

Whichever publicist set up that interview should have told him he would lose a lot of those gay fans if he is indeed straight.

David Boudia has time for a marriage and win medals. His teammates have girlfriends. He'd have been better off laughing at himself for his lack of a love life and embracing his femininity and exhibitionism and saying it's a stereotype to think that makes anyone gay.

by Anonymousreply 221October 15, 2013 5:15 PM

[quote]Stop spending all of your free time with gay guys Tom and maybe you might get that elusive gf.

Does Tom realize how silly he looks when a month after his "I'm not gay" interview he is seen hanging out with a prominent gay screenwriter?

by Anonymousreply 222October 15, 2013 7:23 PM

The little twerp wears kotex. Of course he's gay but only when he's horny. The rest of the time he likely feels quite straight.

by Anonymousreply 223October 15, 2013 7:30 PM

"Maybe Daley is hoping to make a documentary/biographical movie about his journey to the Olympics, the death of his father from cancer, etc., and DLB is considering writing the screenplay?"

Um, silly, there is already a one-hour BBC documentary that does exactly that.

Typically, Dustin Lance Black will probably get scads of money for a shitty derivative "dramatized" treatment or script based on that documentary, since he's only good with other peoples' material and lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 16, 2013 12:03 AM

Let's hope Dustin Lance Black includes a naked locker room scene in his Tom Daley screenplay!

by Anonymousreply 225October 16, 2013 3:54 AM

I think Tom just loves to hang around gay guys. I think Dustin has enough money and power to meet any guy he finds to be cute.

by Anonymousreply 226October 16, 2013 10:38 AM

In America, only (gay) dudes care about diving and swimming. Just look at the ratings for swimming. Go to a sports bar and see how many people are watching diving/swimming. It barely gets any coverage on sportscasts or ESPN.

by Anonymousreply 227October 16, 2013 1:55 PM

r220: you really think Elliott Tittensor is hot? wow.

by Anonymousreply 228October 16, 2013 1:56 PM

Tom has said in the past he wants to play Tarzan so that might be the reason for the meet rather than a documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Did Tom slay any pussy while in WeHo?

by Anonymousreply 230October 16, 2013 3:22 PM

R220, just like Tom, Elliott has been seen in gay clubs many times, he may be "straight", but not narrow

by Anonymousreply 231October 16, 2013 6:36 PM

Tom as Tarzan?? Ha. He's supposed to be tough like an ape, not cuddly like a kitten.

Or primping his hair, mincing, and wiggling his ass in between swinging on vines.

Maybe he should concentrate on Jane. Tom Daley with long hair would not look more butch.

by Anonymousreply 232October 16, 2013 8:31 PM

Teen Tarzan, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 233October 16, 2013 8:57 PM

I want a role in Tom's movie, too!

by Anonymousreply 234October 16, 2013 9:03 PM

R234, don't know about you, but your as should get a role!

by Anonymousreply 235October 17, 2013 5:23 AM

You might be right about Elliott r231 but my point was that just because a gay guy finds someone attractive doesn't mean that they think that person is gay. Tom and the media need to figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 236October 17, 2013 12:02 PM

Any new updates on Tom Daley & Dustin Lance Black?

by Anonymousreply 237October 27, 2013 8:46 AM

[quote]Jaymi Hensley couldn't really avoid coming out to the public as he is engaged to his boyfriend. I'm glad he did so early in his career. He seems a nice fellow. His boyfriend is cute too.

Oh they're adorable. Their fans call them 'Jolly'. When Jaymi does Twitcams he says 'You might see Olly coming home from work' so I think they have moved in together now. Really sweet couple. Olly does his hair a lot too.

As for Tom Daley, dunno what to make of him. It's entirely possible he's not gay but I have to be mindful that he made that statement to a UK redtop, which...I mean, they are PR planters rags and that's all.

It is possible he's just trying to fend off speculation, isn't ready and is aware countries like Russia where he'll have to perform, are less than keen on gay boys and it could all derail attention away from his diving or tv career.

There are convincing arguments for both sides of the argument here. I'm on the fence really.

by Anonymousreply 238October 27, 2013 10:50 AM

[quote]is aware countries like Russia where he'll have to perform

As far as I know, Russia is only hosting the Winter Olympics. Daley is a diver and only would be going to the Barcelona Olympics in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 239October 27, 2013 10:59 AM

Yeah but it doesn't rule out having to dive in Russia or travel in Eastern bloc countries to perform.

I'm not saying it as an excuse, but we don't know his forward schedule.

by Anonymousreply 240October 27, 2013 11:03 AM

Lol, Dustin Lance Black, huh? At first glance I thought it was Kevin Warhol from Bel Ami porn stars!

What a pairing that would be!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 27, 2013 11:10 AM

This is such nonsense.

Anderson Cooper trotted out the same excuse for years as reason to be closeted -- traveling to foreign countries where he might be attacked as an openly gay celebrity.

Did he suddenly give up any idea of going to foreign countries on assignment? No.

He just couldn't keep up the denials anymore -- one hopes because he was in an actual relationship that he wanted to last so he wanted his partner by his side and to stop the angry glances at the photographers. He came out, and he's still a reporter. Just like out gay reporters all over the world who have not let that hold them back in their work.

There are plenty of gay athletes who are actually going to Russia, one of the most hostile places likely to host an Olympics for years. Unless the Olympics end up in Uganda, it couldn't get worse.

It's a ridiculous excuse, and anyone should be ashamed to give it.

by Anonymousreply 242October 27, 2013 11:11 AM

It's unlikely he is straight. Most straight guys who are as famous and good-looking as he is would not be without a girlfriend year after year.

by Anonymousreply 243October 27, 2013 11:11 AM

Dear Jesus, r242, it's not an excuse from MY pov, but we can't know what's going on in HIS head can we? We don't know what he is being advised by his handlers.

And as far as Russia goes, we've this year seen an escalation of violence and intimidation. I'm not saying that's to do with it but in terms of future performances there he may just want to avoid causing a fuss. He's very young.

What seems obvious to YOU might not be to others. He's basically a kid. You're applying levels of sophistication and social awareness to a youngster who's lived a sheltered life and has dealt with much bullying/homophobia as well as a family tragedy that's knocked him back.

If he is gay, he clearly is not ready to come out yet, if ever. And he's using the papers to show that at this point in time.

by Anonymousreply 244October 27, 2013 11:22 AM

R244 the only person who has brought up this excuse and tried to defend it -- three times now -- is you. And now to defend it you're imagining it's what's in his head, throwing in that he likely was bullied as a closeted gay kid to boot.

It reads like you're the one writing from an older fearful generation, not the younger generation who hasn't been damaged by your kind of thinking.

Matt Mitcham is an out diver, and more Olympians than ever have competed as openly gay athletes. Chris Mears and now Jack Laugher have posed for Gay Times. Daley claims he loves his gay fans and seems to be embracing his gay icon status. These are not people who "fear" being associated with gayness when they compete.

And if Tom is concerned about not drawing attention to himself so he can compete without distraction, he'd stop making calendars and videos dancing in his speedos.

Tom's generation has grown up as a generation that has seen far too many people live openly gay in more unprotected situations than diving in a highly guarded competition.

The reason people who are famous who stay in the closet is almost always losing the allure of a straight audience, and if he fantasizes about having people write scripts for him to be in movies, it's his agents and publicists who are probably encouraging him to squelch the gay rumors.

Stop trying to make up excuses based on your own projections and imaginations about what must be going through his head. And keep Jesus out of it as well.

by Anonymousreply 245October 27, 2013 11:50 AM

R244 is so ridiculous.

He's "not saying" it's an excuse, he's "not saying" it's what's in Tom's head, but ooh Russia is dangerous, and ooh, maybe it's the reason.

What the hell are you saying? You're confused.

It never fails when there's a closeted celeb or someone who's being speculated about that their "gay friendly" supporters find their way to a webpost to spin all sorts of reasons to defend them being closeted.

How many times have we been through this same song and dance? Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 246October 27, 2013 11:57 AM

To be fair, the World Aquatic Championships in 2015 are in fact in Kazan, Russia.

But with all the attention on Russia there's no way Tom would be in danger there unless he tried to hook up there or protested there.

It's gay Russians we should be worried about, but of course those threads have dropped off of DL, surprise surprise, But by all means let's use the suffering of gay Russians instead to legitimize the closet for a 20 year old growing up in a country that allows same-sex marriage and will protect him as he dives for a gold medal.

by Anonymousreply 247October 27, 2013 12:10 PM

Tom is the new Liberace

by Anonymousreply 248October 27, 2013 1:57 PM

Brits might be "liberal", but still very closeted and homophobic. Just read the Telegraph and Daily Fail to see what the "progressive" people actually feel. And ONS keeps popping out 1% "statistics" (while 6% are dontknow-sexual - a very interesting minority)

by Anonymousreply 249October 27, 2013 2:51 PM

Much more interested in whether super-Christian, super-gay voice David Boudia is gay.

He's going to deny it, he's already bearding, using Christianity as a front. Or, is it all genuine?

by Anonymousreply 250October 27, 2013 3:24 PM

maybe ...I've seen him dive and in the he flesh, he is much less mince eeee and very lithe The swimming world is full of gays ... and nonces. if he was gay he could still get sponsorship and there would be more smoke or gossip if he was in the closet getting rimmed

by Anonymousreply 251October 27, 2013 3:46 PM

R249, your post makes no sense. It is akin to saying watch Fox News to see what the "liberals" actually feel.

by Anonymousreply 252October 27, 2013 7:10 PM

[quote]And if Tom is concerned about not drawing attention to himself so he can compete without distraction, he'd stop making calendars and videos dancing in his speedos.

Good point.

by Anonymousreply 253October 27, 2013 9:29 PM

Here's a link to the Jack Laugher photos.

Doesn't look like he took off as many clothes as Chris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 27, 2013 9:45 PM

Looks like there is one naked ass photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 27, 2013 9:56 PM

Tom Daley claims he loves his gay fans but what specifically has he ever done for them? He's never done a photo spread in a gay magazine like his two teammates and as far as I know he's never done even done a real interview for a gay magazine.

by Anonymousreply 256October 27, 2013 10:13 PM

Indeed.

Now that Chris AND Jack have posed for Gay Times, it's time for Tom to follow their lead and be next!

by Anonymousreply 257October 27, 2013 10:18 PM

Nice outline of Jack's balls in today's shoot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 27, 2013 10:32 PM

Looks like Chris has done a photo shoot for an upcoming issue of 'Fiasco' magazine as well.

Here's a preview photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 27, 2013 10:36 PM

GIF of Chris, Jack & Tom:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 27, 2013 11:03 PM

Jesus, I'd fuck the shit out of all of them but Jack Laugher is really begging for it.

by Anonymousreply 261October 27, 2013 11:05 PM

Too bad Laugher comes off as a dumb chav ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 27, 2013 11:59 PM

Mmmm, HELLO Mr. Laugher! Tom who?

by Anonymousreply 263October 28, 2013 12:14 AM

Tom & Chris.

Gayface?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 28, 2013 12:33 AM

Tom, Chris & Jack from behind:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 28, 2013 12:34 AM

Tom, Jack & Chris:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 28, 2013 12:34 AM

Chris on a balancing ball:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 28, 2013 12:35 AM

Chris & Tom.

What do you make of Tom's facial expression?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 28, 2013 12:36 AM

GIF of Chris & Tom in black speedos, flexing their crotches:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 28, 2013 12:37 AM

These three have got to be the hottest twinks on the planet

by Anonymousreply 270October 28, 2013 12:38 AM

Jack & Chris on the floor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 28, 2013 12:38 AM

Chris Mears is really the hottest of the three.

by Anonymousreply 272October 28, 2013 12:40 AM

yall have some weird taste in dudes. they look so girly.

by Anonymousreply 273October 28, 2013 12:41 AM

Straight, straight and straight. They're all a bunch of pussy slayers.

by Anonymousreply 274October 28, 2013 12:42 AM

[quote]They're all a bunch of pussy slayers.

You mean those little queens like to kill cats? How awful!

by Anonymousreply 275October 28, 2013 12:47 AM

[quote]Chris Mears is really the hottest of the three.

True. And he's the only one who seems to have a girlfriend. (Who is less pretty than he is based on pictures I've seen).

by Anonymousreply 276October 28, 2013 2:12 AM

I found a photo of Chris & Tom laying their heads on Jack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 28, 2013 10:32 AM

: )

by Anonymousreply 278October 28, 2013 7:07 PM

Does Tom Daley have a girlfriend yet?

by Anonymousreply 279November 24, 2013 9:37 AM

No he's too busy for one, he's a confirmed bachelor, he likes to date abroad etc

by Anonymousreply 280November 24, 2013 1:11 PM

Dude bro, wanna go out for a beer? You can totes be my wingman!

by Anonymousreply 281November 24, 2013 1:30 PM

I want to have penetrative vaginal sex with Jack Laugher.

by Anonymousreply 282November 24, 2013 1:36 PM

[quote]Does Tom Daley have a girlfriend yet?

No, he's busy hanging out with Dustin Lance Black.

by Anonymousreply 283November 25, 2013 5:22 AM

Tom Daley's anus squirts rainbow-colored candy.

by Anonymousreply 284November 26, 2013 3:52 AM

I bet his ass does smell like skittles.

by Anonymousreply 285November 26, 2013 4:10 AM

AWG

by Anonymousreply 286November 26, 2013 8:06 AM

I'd like to lap away at his chlorinated anus until he coos with delight & begs me to dick him deep.

by Anonymousreply 287November 26, 2013 8:19 AM

He is straight

by Anonymousreply 288December 1, 2013 2:20 AM

Straight woman...

by Anonymousreply 289December 1, 2013 3:46 AM

He has to be gay. Don't know if he knows it himself yet or is closeted but everyone except the most dumb in the UK seems to think he's gay as well.

by Anonymousreply 290December 1, 2013 3:56 AM

What is the talk about him in the UK, R290?

by Anonymousreply 291December 1, 2013 8:29 AM

R291, all my brit friends say Tom is gay. He's too gay even for british.

by Anonymousreply 292December 1, 2013 9:02 AM

The only thing straight about Tom Daley is his dick which sticks out straight as he's furiously jacks off to pictures of his diving mates.

by Anonymousreply 293December 1, 2013 12:03 PM

Tom just came out as gay!

by Anonymousreply 294December 2, 2013 9:30 AM

We're going to have to see a link, R294. If that is the case there should be articles from all the major British newspapers this morning. Do you have one?

by Anonymousreply 295December 2, 2013 9:34 AM

He did it online. He now says he's bisexual. Still fancies girls, but in a relationship with a guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 2, 2013 9:36 AM

Sorry I doubted, R294. It seems to be legit and be on the BBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 2, 2013 9:39 AM

Wow, it's as surprising as Andrew Scott coming out.

Good for him but boy can forget the bisexual thing.

by Anonymousreply 298December 2, 2013 9:40 AM

This just goes to shy why the OP's first post post is so important and relevant.

TRANSLATION: Tom LAUGHED at being called gay in the press, saying he'd admit it if he were.

Now he's bisexual, so he can say he wasn't lying.

But I bet he got shit from a lot of people for lying, and especially in this day and age, rightfully so, it got to him.

The sad reality is this is the kind of soul-killing thing that ate away at people and led to self-sabotage and all kinds of bullshit for years.

Now if he only hadn't lied the first time, he wouldn't have had to do the confessional video.

But good for him that he "corrected it" before the lie became too hard to weasel out of.

by Anonymousreply 299December 2, 2013 9:41 AM

[quote]Good for him but boy can forget the bisexual thing.

Why? Do you think that's just to ease the public into it before saying he is full-on gay?

by Anonymousreply 300December 2, 2013 9:42 AM

No worries, R297 I was in a hurry to bring the news and it's very clunky to find a link and post with an iPad.

by Anonymousreply 301December 2, 2013 9:42 AM

Because of his age, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. When I was his age, I was so horny all the time I could have fucked anybody - and did - including girls. And when you can appreciate a girl, especially athletic tougher girls, it can be confusing in your head.

When you don't want to be different and know you'll be judged, you tell yourself you could be bisexual.

He needs affirmation now.

Of course, I hope he's not dating Dustin Lance Black....

by Anonymousreply 302December 2, 2013 9:45 AM

R299, I think Tom's diving teammates have probably known for a while. Remember last year when Chris Mears let slip that he had 'met a lot of gay guys through Tom'?

by Anonymousreply 303December 2, 2013 9:47 AM

R302, it may also be that Tom was worried about the reaction from the public and from his sponsors. His father died a couple years ago and he is the main breadwinner for his mother and younger brothers. Perhaps he was afraid. He is only a teenager, afterall.

by Anonymousreply 304December 2, 2013 9:49 AM

Agree that Tom needs the support, but look at the way the BBC tweets it... affirming that he "still fancies girls".

Got to keep those girl Daley fans happy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 2, 2013 9:49 AM

Good for him stay strong Tom!

People everywhere are going to be saying catty things about him but you have to do things in your own time at your pace.

He's probably extreeeeeeeeemly nervous and edgy somewhere in the UK right now - I remember how bizarre I felt when I was figuring things out and telling people, at the same age as him.

by Anonymousreply 306December 2, 2013 9:50 AM

Don't blame him, R298. Many guys claim they're bi when they first come out. It's safer for them. Give him time. If he's still bisexual in ten years, good for him. Or if he has realized he's fully gay, that's great too. It's his life after all.

I just remember what Lucas Cruikshank said when he came out. He tried being bi for like a 6 months, but then figured out he was fully gay. Many people go through a transition period like that. Everyone can't come out loud and proud as gay right away.

by Anonymousreply 307December 2, 2013 10:34 AM

Obviously he's gay but he's only 19 so the false bi thing is still forgiveable.

by Anonymousreply 308December 2, 2013 12:42 PM

GAY!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 2, 2013 1:14 PM

236,000 views so far, R309. I suspect it will be over a Million by the end of the day.

And thousands of comments.

Add your own "Likes" to show support!

by Anonymousreply 310December 2, 2013 1:17 PM

He says he still fancies girls. Huh? Now I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 311December 2, 2013 1:19 PM

He is just 19, think about yourselves back then. Judging is so easy. Coming out to the world is in his case, a huge deal. All the best to his career and love life.

by Anonymousreply 312December 2, 2013 1:23 PM

There's nothung to be confused. He lied in the past, so this a sort of passage. in a few years he will come out as totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 313December 2, 2013 1:23 PM

19 is too young to care

by Anonymousreply 314December 2, 2013 1:27 PM

DL was right, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 315December 2, 2013 1:47 PM

Apparently, the rest of us knew before Tom did.

by Anonymousreply 316December 2, 2013 1:47 PM

YESSSSS this means I actually have a chance at tasting his chlorinated asshole!!!

by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2013 2:12 PM

[quote]this means I actually have a chance at tasting his chlorinated asshole!!!

You have two chances: slim and fat.

by Anonymousreply 318December 2, 2013 2:15 PM

R318 thanks for my morning laugh.

by Anonymousreply 319December 2, 2013 2:33 PM

I think Louis Smith is fucking him. Get it Tom!!!

by Anonymousreply 320December 2, 2013 3:41 PM

Now that he's officially out he's gonna get tons more dick especially since he's going to be training in Texas for a while. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 321December 2, 2013 4:50 PM

r302, or he could just be bi, like he indicates (actually he doesn't even say that, he says he fancies girls but happens to be in a relationship with a guy at the moment). TBH, if you were so turned on by women that you ended up having sex with them then wouldn't that make you bi as well? Why is everyone so sure this kid isn't bi?

by Anonymousreply 322December 2, 2013 6:23 PM

Boy George was "bi" in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 323December 2, 2013 7:28 PM

Bi now, gay later

by Anonymousreply 324December 2, 2013 7:35 PM

R322, do you have any evidence that Tom has had sex with girls? The indications so far would seem to be to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 325December 2, 2013 9:31 PM

[R324]

"It was always in the back of my head that it could happen..."

Gay before, too.

by Anonymousreply 326December 3, 2013 12:41 AM

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 327December 3, 2013 12:49 AM

Perhaps when he said he wasn't gay he meant he wasn't in a particularly jovial mood that day.

by Anonymousreply 328December 3, 2013 12:58 AM

He said he "still fancies girls" because that way he's not a total liar. He only ever said he's not gay, not that he's not bi.

There are plenty of bisexual men, but Tom Daley isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 329December 3, 2013 7:31 PM

R302 is just a nasty bi shit

by Anonymousreply 330December 3, 2013 8:00 PM

[quote] Boy George was "bi" in the '80s.

PLEASE stop comparing people who claimed to be bi thirty fucking years ago to today.

Things are quite different, and just because you haven't changed your outlook in 30 years doesn't mean the rest of the world has done the same.

by Anonymousreply 331December 4, 2013 2:06 AM

R329 I agree with you, there are plenty of bi men but Tom is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 332December 4, 2013 4:59 AM

True. I think a bi-guy would be unlikely to go for DLB.

DLB is the kind of guy that would really only work for a guy who is totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 333December 4, 2013 5:03 AM

I'm not gay, but my bf is!

by Anonymousreply 334December 4, 2013 5:05 AM

Dan Savage says that Dustin Lance Black better follow the 'campsite rule':

[quote]Campsite rule

coined by dan savage, in relationships with a large age disparity, at the end of the relationship, the elder partner should leave the younger in "better shape than they found them". This includes no diseases, no fertilized eggs, no undue emotional trauma, and whatever education that can be provided.

i wish that my older boyfriend would have observed the campsite rule with me, now i have a broken heart and a monthly prescription for valtrex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 4, 2013 5:06 AM

Dan Savage is tiresome and should in no way be giving DLB relationship advice.

by Anonymousreply 336December 4, 2013 5:49 AM

Why is R302 nasty shit, R330?

Looks like you're describing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 337December 4, 2013 1:47 PM

R335, I think the "campsite rule" should be followed by people in all relationships. That's just healthy thinking.

by Anonymousreply 338December 4, 2013 1:55 PM

R337 because you are filthy bisexual who tries to pretend he's gay. Go away to your JesusWantedKillTheGays HomosexualityIsAChoice church!

by Anonymousreply 339December 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Stop spreading lies, OP. He's come out as dating a guy(ish person). He shouldn't be pressured into saying any more.

by Anonymousreply 340December 4, 2013 5:12 PM

what does valtrex treat? Gon a ree a?

by Anonymousreply 341December 4, 2013 5:14 PM

Did the thread about him dating Dustin lance black get deleted?

by Anonymousreply 342December 4, 2013 6:52 PM

R342, no? It works for me..

by Anonymousreply 343December 4, 2013 7:01 PM

r325, I'm confused by you post. What does whether or not he has had sex yet with a woman (or a man for that matter) have to do with his sexual orientation? I didn't have sex with another man until my early 20s, that doesn't mean I wasn't gay before that, it just means I was a virgin. Whether Tom has had sex with both men/women doesn't make him bi; if he is sexually attracted to both sexes, that makes him bi.

by Anonymousreply 344December 4, 2013 7:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 14, 2013 8:01 PM

I'm with r340.

My personal gut feel is he's probably going to be a fully-fledged gay man in time but he's still young and could be coming out in stages. He's done the hardest part of the PR process and the rest is now up to him.

He may like women, he may not be wholly sure what he is yet... but he has lots of time to find out. He's said he's involved with a guy and they do look very much in love and that's about all we need to know.

by Anonymousreply 346December 14, 2013 8:45 PM

What incentive is there to clarify his sexuality as gay later on? Zero except making him look bad. I don't see the point and I don't think he ever will even if that is how he feels.

Better for him to just to say he rejects labels and do his thing.

by Anonymousreply 347December 14, 2013 8:49 PM

R347, whilst I think it's entirely up to Tom what he identifies as, please don't project your own glaring homophobia and shame of homosexuality onto him, or the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 348December 14, 2013 8:55 PM

[R345] She wasn't a beard since he publicly denied dating her back then. He was talking about dating some other female swimmer though, don't remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 349December 14, 2013 10:19 PM

Daley said he wasn't gay. He was lying or in denial. He always was gay. He is gay. He is not bisexual. He does not fancy girls. He is gay. Plain and simple. Gay.

by Anonymousreply 350December 14, 2013 10:38 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 351May 2, 2014 6:51 PM

lol how wrong he was....

by Anonymousreply 352May 22, 2014 6:12 AM

People should listen to the DataLounge

by Anonymousreply 353November 23, 2014 2:15 PM

He changed his mind again.

by Anonymousreply 354February 28, 2018 3:43 PM

Hilarious look back at how people are even in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 355February 28, 2018 3:46 PM

Mmmhhhh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356February 28, 2018 3:55 PM

I miss Tom's bushy pits. Does his husband make him shave them?

by Anonymousreply 357February 28, 2018 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!