Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Aaron O'Connell Gay 'Friendly' For Roles or Closet Gay?

Ok for those who need to be caught up to speed. Aaron O'Connell is a former model turned "actor" on this scripted show on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) called "The Haves & The Have Nots". His acting is ABHORRENT!!! Which my actor friend told me before the show started that Tyler Perry likes to "test drive" the eye candy male actors himself before he gives them work. And I am inclined to believe Aaron O'Connell got on bended knees and hummed for his character role on that show. His characters name is Wyatt who is being seduced by his closeted gay drug rehab coach. Wyatt (Aaron) is nice on the eyes, but his acting leaves so much more to be desired. I mean it's that bad! I pause myself when his segments come on to try and follow because his acting is so off the mark I get sidetracked. The only time he was convincing was when he was 'acting' gay to find out if his closeted gay drug rehab coach had a secret crush on him.

So I say all that to ask do you all do you think Aaron O'Connell is gay 'friendly' for acting roles or is he a closeted gay? I mean I question all eye candy men apart of a Tyler Perry film that have no real prior acting experience other then being eye candy. Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2018 9:51 PM

If you always say Are they gay? every time an actor says he is comfortable with gay roles, doesn't care about doing gay scenes, whatever then you will make straight actors uncomfortable and they won't want to take the roles anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2013 2:38 AM

A drop-dead gorgeous hunk on a stupid soap opera is a lousy actor. Film at 11.

BTW OP are you on meth or something?

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2013 2:39 AM

R1 R2 you both missed my point. The show is good, but Aaron's acting SUCKS! (no pun intended). I think he is closeted gay not for his role, but for his bad acting and affiliation with Tyler Perry. I have a friend who turned down a Tyler Perry role because he had to "give up to get in". So I know what goes on at Tyler Perry Films. You mean to tell me there wasn't a good looking actor with some better/more believable acting skills? Let's be real here this is the Entertainment industry. Tyler chose Aaron, I think, for his own personal reasons. He wanted Aaron to be eye candy and be in a gay love triangle.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron took this pic on Tyler's casting couch for his role of Wyatt on "The Haves & The Have Nots".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2013 2:50 AM

Gay friendly for roles he had a girlfriend before the show he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2013 2:20 PM

Can someone post the full frontals he did?

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2013 2:56 PM

Here you go, R5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2013 4:20 PM

Not bad, but the face isn't quite up to the body.. just average generic handsome and lacking that spark.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2013 4:35 PM

Agree R7 has anyone on here had him or know someone who has?

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2013 5:21 PM

What R2 meant to say was:

Attractive hunk who wants to be famous willing to sleep with who he needs to to get ahead. News at 11!

As you said yourself it isn't a secret how a lot of eye candy in Tyler Perry movies got there. Didn't Perry basically admit he saw O'Connell in some commercial and he wanted him?

O'Connell is likely mainly straight but bisexual enough to do what he has to.

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2013 6:51 PM

R9 I agree Aaron doesn't have the best face, but his body I'm sure won him over for Tyler. Tyler definitely has a 'type'.

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2013 7:39 PM

Is he mixed?

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2013 3:05 AM

He's not any worse than anyone else on that horrible show, but much easier on the eyes so he's got that going for him.

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2013 1:35 PM

I don't believe he is bi. I don't buy male bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2013 4:40 PM

I also wonder if he's mixed, he could pass for Blatino.

by Anonymousreply 14August 31, 2013 4:59 PM

I always question the guys who work with Tyler Perry. They are all gorgeous. And probably are bi/heteroflexible.

by Anonymousreply 15August 31, 2013 5:00 PM

He's a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 16August 31, 2013 5:05 PM

Snake your drain.... ? Clean your pipe? ? He says to the middle age frau... Eyeing him hold melons in grocers

by Anonymousreply 17August 31, 2013 8:03 PM

A friend of mine who works on that show (and good news - it's been picked up for another season!) says he claims to be straight, but there's been no girlfriend hanging around.

The show is so badly written and slowly paced, it takes one hour to do what happens in 15 minutes on any other soap. But it has developed a HUGE audience in the black community. Which means the white boy may be written out.... unless he continues to put out.

by Anonymousreply 18August 31, 2013 8:36 PM

He dated Kellan Lutz's exgirlfriend Annalynn McCord (I think).

by Anonymousreply 19August 31, 2013 8:49 PM

Where's mama when you need her? I need one of her mussy musings for this guy!

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2013 1:20 AM

Thank you for the tea R18 much appreciated I knew Tyler Perry was digging in that colon, because Aaron is a WHOR-RE-BLE actor!

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2013 1:27 AM

[quote]was digging in that colon

You have such a lovely way with words...

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2013 1:29 AM

Oh, darlins

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2013 1:31 AM

Theres's a wiener shot at the link below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2013 1:33 AM

You so funny,r21!

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2013 1:37 AM

Nice cock pic of Aaron R24 but if Chris Hemsworth gets called an AWG (Average White Guy) then Aaron O'Connell should be a buttaface (Everything looks good but his face).

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2013 2:04 AM

Are you guys kidding? He has a gorgeous face. I first saw him in this Liquid Plummer commercial. When I saw that he was going to be on THATHN, I just knew that Tyler had also seen that commercial and had fallen as in lust with him as I did...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2013 2:17 AM

"I don't buy male bisexuality."

No, one usually rents it.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2013 3:05 AM

Flip flops and jeans?

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2013 5:45 AM

@R13 Are you a fucking idiot? How can you not buy male bisexuality? It exists, to say that makes you ignorant

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2013 5:59 PM

He's so gay, there is a "Y" flying out of his but (for YES! I'm Gay!) in this photo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2013 6:39 PM

I think Aaron O'Connell is gay friendly for the role. He is a good looking guy. Far as the show, Have and Have Nots, it's just like any other soap. You have to be soap watcher to appreciate the show.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2014 1:34 PM

Funny how "Are you on meth?" R2 needed someone else to translate his post.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2014 1:57 PM

The nose really annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2014 4:51 PM

It boggles my mind that so many str8 guys (reply3) think just because he is dating a woman or is engaged to one that it makes him automatically str8! Think 'Beards!' There are many suspected gay actors ( as well as some icon sports figures) who are doing the PDA thing (usually with a hot model or actress), get engaged to one and in some cases, married to one (Beard, that is!) only to come 'out!' years later! Think: Zach Quinto(?) and Wentworth Miller. I would venture to say that if you were to go into any gay bar you would find over 50% of the denizens in the place being: married, divorced and in some cases, living with a female! Their 'involvement' was due to societal pressures (family, work, peers and in their teens, in denial). In mho, I first came across him when he just started modeling and my 'gaydar' went bonkers and noticed he was always seen with hunks in a social atmosphere. lol-Just say'en

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2018 9:31 PM

He has had the same girlfriend for years. She is a gorgeous model and they just within the past few weeks got married in Europe. I'm really not sure why anyone would think he felt he needed to get bearded up for his acting career since he doesn't seem very ambitious on that front. He leads a pretty low key life, piloting his own plane and spending time with his dog, along with traveling with his now wife.

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2018 9:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!