Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WTF? Swinging Richards Miami is moving to Pompano Beach

Who the fuck wants to drive up there?

They'll be closed in a year.

by Anonymousreply 3105/12/2014

Pompano is GHETTO, there will be lots of drug dealers and their male prostitutes frequenting the establishment!

I wonder if North Miami Beach is giving them the boot. The current location is doing well, it is packed to capacity most nights and its in a good location.

by Anonymousreply 108/16/2013

30 miles north of Miami/Miami Beach! They'll be losing all that tourist trade. The dancers probably won't want to drive up there either.

by Anonymousreply 208/16/2013

I thought Miami as a gay tourist destination was over and Ft Lauderdale was the new spot. Pompano is closer to Ft Lauderdale than Miami.

by Anonymousreply 308/16/2013

Gay people go to Ft Lauderdale to retire, not to vacation.

Clearly you've never been there.

by Anonymousreply 408/16/2013

Will the dancers still show it all?

by Anonymousreply 508/16/2013

[quote]Clearly you've never been there.

I never said I have.

by Anonymousreply 608/16/2013

Damn...

Right now, it's a high-class place with amazingly hot men.

I can't imagine they'll keep that with this move.

The current location is great. I can't imagine they'll find as good a space farther north.

by Anonymousreply 708/16/2013

Once it opens, I fully expect someone to go there and report back.

Anyone know of any back story to why they're moving though?

I know they were harassed in Miami with legal threats, but I thought they won all of those...

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

Dade county is shit. Broward is barely better. They should move it to Key West.

by Anonymousreply 908/18/2013

It's really difficult and expensive to get to Key West. They wouldn't have nearly the crowds or caliber of men.

by Anonymousreply 1008/18/2013

Yeah, the key west thing must've been a joke. Maybe they're moving to pompano because they think it'll be more easily accessible to a larger majority? I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2013

why not in between Ft Lauderdale and Miami, why north of Lauderdale? Such a strange location.

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

Does anyone know what the rules about nudity are in that area? I remember years ago that there was full nudity at a club in N. Miami Beach, but at the one in Ft. Lauderdale-- no. But then again there was another one in West Palm Beach (I think -- Cupid's Cabaret?) that did have full nudity.

by Anonymousreply 1408/18/2013

I'm guessing they are still getting harassed in Miami.

Pompano has a bunch of all nude breeder strip clubs, so it's probably easier to do business there.

Definitely they are going to lose Miami business, but on weekends they sponsor shuttles from the local bars in Fort Lauderdale, so they may start doing that in Miami as well. The new location is just a warehouse district, so it sounds like cheap rent and lots of space.

Cupids! The best on Earth. West Palm finally ran them out of town. My favorite gay strip club on Earth. Just the right mix of "class" and sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 1508/18/2013

Most of the gay $$$ is in Fort Lauderdale so it makes sense to move the club nearby. What the move would do to the Fort Lauderdale gay bars that only allow guys in their tighty whites is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 1608/28/2013

Has anyone been to the new location yet? How does it compare to the old?

I want reviews, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 1708/28/2013

I don't need to go to Swinging Richards to see naked men.

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2013

The new location is AMZING. Trust I was not happy about the move being that I lived walking distance to the one in North Miami, but having gone last weekend it is definitely a step up. Only down side is that right now it closes at 2am. They are applying for an extension till 4am. That will be much better.

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2013

Thanks for the review... any more details? Same or better quality men? The VIP rooms nice?

by Anonymousreply 2009/02/2013

Is Troy from Atlanta dancing yet? He has a huge penis and does not mind playing.

by Anonymousreply 2109/03/2013

Do the dancers strip all the way?

by Anonymousreply 2209/09/2013

Wow I can't believe the people of Miami don't understand at Fort Lauderdale is the newest place to go for gays and other people to party the new location is great the boys are hot and I will drive if they're making very good money Fort Lauderdale's a better place to live it's cleaner and it doesn't have all those p and it's not as ghetto as Miami is

by Anonymousreply 2309/28/2013

Yes Miami get over it Miami is over rated everything is in Fort Lauderdale now including the best gay club the manor beautiful boys and a beautiful place to party getting your car and drive or stay stuck in Miami

by Anonymousreply 2409/28/2013

Wow, R23. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 2509/28/2013

Pompano Beach is lovely. the lighthouse is there and Project Runway diva Kenley Collins grew up there. We're there every New year. The next exit on I-95 South after Pompano Beach (Atlantic Ave) is Ft. Lauderdale.

by Anonymousreply 2609/28/2013

Yes the new location is amazing the boys are better looking because they actually have people who speak English they're hotter boys better location and its closer to my house and most of the gay people that have the money live in Palm Beach and Boca in Coral Springs anyway Miami wasn't making a lot of money cause there's cheap people from Miami Beach who don't want to pay besides Miami Beach is too many old people that a retired you can see them walking around during the day Miami is over

by Anonymousreply 2709/28/2013

Meth is a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 2809/28/2013

I went to Swinging Richards last night and had a ball!

by Anonymousreply 2905/12/2014

[quote]Right now, it's a high-class place

That has to get some W&W love...I mean the place is in Florida....

by Anonymousreply 3005/12/2014

That's class with a 'K', kids...klassy.

by Anonymousreply 3105/12/2014
Need more help? Click Here.