Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Roy - Former gay Chicago weekend anchorman was fired, and is now out of control

This happened several years ago. The guy suffers from mental illness, moved to Palm Springs, and now is posting disturbing vids on YT. He's been arrested several times, once outside an Arizona gay bar, beaten, and now posts himself ranting, & severely beat-up, He thinks his family, and the whole world has conspired against him. I wish someone would help the poor guy. Met him once ( on his meds) , and he was a very nice. Sounds like Margot Kidder now.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2019 2:47 AM

Yikes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2013 11:26 PM

Bipolar or schizophrenic?

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2013 11:27 PM

Disturbing. Watched one where he describes a barrel cactus, and compares himself to it , cause " I'm a big bottom too". He looks nothing like he did in his anchorman days.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2013 11:28 PM

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2013 11:37 PM

When he was in Chicago he routinely posted online as a gangbang cumdump. He'd take on all cummers.

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2013 11:45 PM

He has a hot voice.

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2013 11:47 PM

Can someone do a '5150' on him ? ( 72 hour involuntary psychiatric hold, to prevent him harming himself, or anyone else). Poor guy's mother committed suicide. While he was in Chicago, he even did a 2-part segment on it, and won an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2013 11:49 PM

This has to be good for the career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2013 12:22 AM

We're getting his room ready down here.

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2013 12:36 AM

[quote]Former gay Chicago weekend anchorman...

He's not gay anymore?

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2013 12:43 AM

An acquaintance of mine once almost hooked up with Kevin on a M4M website. When he arrived to his place, Kevin was so strung out - the acquaintance made an excuse of an emergency and left immediately. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2013 1:14 AM

so he's a drug addict? is that what caused him to go nuts? I did read in the mid 90s his mother committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2013 2:15 AM

[R12] My sense is he was born schizophrenic, and / or bi-polar. Also, that because of that, he has a self destructive streak , and the drugs followed. He had a great job on T.V.,in Chicago, and twice, just did not show up, to anchor the weekend news. That really defines self destructive. Was fired, moved to P.S., and tried to start a vacation rental co. But I believe destructive patterns followed, and paranoia set in. I really fear for the guy - it's as if he believes his destiny is to end up like is mother. Chemically imbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2013 7:15 PM

Very sad. Remember him from Chicago news and it sounds like a bad crash at the intersection of Mental Health Issues Lane and Drug Addict Boulevard. I hope he gets help.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2013 7:23 PM

R12, your life is so busy, you couldn't read the 10 replies to this before posting?

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2013 8:17 PM

Wow. Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2013 8:33 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't posted here - he has blogs, vids, rants, all over the internet, raging about his 'persecution' by everyone from Oprah, to his father, and sister. I met him too once in P.S. , and he couldn't have been nicer. Cute - nothing like the angry guy in these YT vids I've watched. also looks like he may have alcohol bloat. When I met him his face was very thin.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2013 9:46 PM

Chicago has a history of gay anchors with drama - looking at you, Steve Bartelstein.

The latest news reporter to come out is just super hot....Brad Edwards at CBS2Chicago.

He's doing a great job here....seems like the assholes at his old station in Indy fired him for being gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2013 12:47 AM

He's like a low rent, gay version of Amanda Bynes. Someone who keeps acting out, publically ( or kind of) , and is out of control - but no one can stop the insanity.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2013 4:14 AM

Holy shit!

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Can't Faux News hire him? They don't care how disreputable, or messed up their corospondants are - O 'Reilly ( misogynist perv), Geraldo ( egomaniacal space case), Hannity ( ignoramus), etc. Kevin would fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2013 10:28 PM

(R17)I'm surprised he hasn't posted here - he has blogs, vids, rants, all over the internet, raging about his 'persecution' by everyone from Oprah, to his father, and sister

Most of those are gone now - facebook page deleted as well.

by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2013 3:17 AM

any word on Roy? his facebook page appears to have been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2013 2:50 AM

I hope he didn't hurt himself. Anyone with a history of suicide in their family is vulnerable. Kevin, get on meds quick.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2013 9:46 AM

Don't worry, he is not going to harm himself. His ego is too big. He is doing all of this for sympathy and attention. He knows if he goes back on his meds he'll be fine and will have to deal w/ reality and get a real job. But he doesn't want to do that. And,really,to be a such a sourpuss over not getting a weekend night anchor gig. Kevin--aim higher! As Gore Vidal said, success is not enough. Your friends must fail.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Wow - that is shocking. I wondered what happened to his career here - he seemed to be on track for anchoring the news then fell off to special report / filler reporter.

I too remember the series he did about his mother's suicide.

It looks like mental illness runs in the family - wow, I really feel sorry for him. What the fuck is he going to do now?

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2013 4:57 PM

if you look at the slop he posts on his facebook page and the very odd videos he's uploading to youtube, they're not very good advertisements for a future hire. the guy is seriously messed up and its all online for everyone to see. not sure i can remember a public figure imploding so publicly

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2013 10:45 PM

Oh, dear. How long before he's starting fires in random strangers' driveways?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2013 10:55 PM

He seems fun in that last video, at least the first half that I watched.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2013 3:48 PM

still...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2014 6:36 PM

Does his dad doubt he is HIV+? Why does he need to go to AIDS clinic and turn over records? This family seems screwed up. He is clearly begging for his father's love and right now can't handle being rejected w/ making apologies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2014 10:23 PM

R30, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2014 10:27 PM

He's gotten much worse. From Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2014 12:37 AM

Do schizophrenic people off their meds realize that they are schizophrenic and off their meds?

by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2014 4:51 PM

Shit, R33, that's definitely a mentally ill human.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2014 4:55 PM

[quote]Do schizophrenic people off their meds realize that they are schizophrenic and off their meds?

Often not. They are convinced that their delusions are real. Even if they are able to recognize that, to other people, what they're claiming strains credulity. "I know you think I'm crazy but I'm telling you, a DEMON (or outer space alien, or group of CIA agents, etc) attacked me late last night!"

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2014 9:03 PM

All the shit about his father makes it extra awkward

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2014 9:54 PM

She's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 38February 20, 2014 12:10 AM

he got suspended from Twitter for starting arguments and harassing other people named Kevin Roy. He told them to stop using his name or he would sue them

by Anonymousreply 39February 20, 2014 12:24 AM

He has a Google+ account and it lists his address. I went to Google maps and there is actually a police car at his house with 2 cops and a man that looks like Kevin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 20, 2014 12:30 AM

R40 You know Google Maps isn't live, right?

by Anonymousreply 41February 20, 2014 12:36 AM

r40 That is amazing. What are the odds that Google Maps would catch that! Love it. That man is in need of some serious help.

by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2014 1:02 AM

Looks like classic METH-induced psychosis to me. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2014 1:06 AM

In the video he says he has just lost his home to auction. Where will he go? He isn't on good terms with family of course, says he has no car. He will wind up on the street unless he has friends or is sitting on some financial resources. I don't see a good to this. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 44February 20, 2014 1:11 AM

He's obviously crazy and I hope he bets better. Having said that, this is a comment on his youtube video:

"We can't wait for the sheriff to remove you from our beautiful neighborhood. Your paranoia and [n word] fuck buddies have ruined our property value and the peaceful nature of our neighborhood. I speak for all of us in the area... We hope you end up dead."

Wtf? His neighbors suck! Unless that was him posting to himself from another account?

by Anonymousreply 45February 20, 2014 1:35 AM

Okay why is he bitching about having an iphone 4?

by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2014 4:15 AM

His aunt is Madonna??

by Anonymousreply 47February 20, 2014 4:18 AM

We often have these kinds of problems with former gays. But at least they are no longer going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 48February 20, 2014 4:21 AM

[quote] You know Google Maps isn't live, right?

I do know that. So he was getting into trouble a long while ago. Images on Google street view can be years old

[quote] ] That is amazing. What are the odds that Google Maps would catch that! Love it.

No shit. How crazy is that? When I pulled it up I didn't see anything and then I navigated to the left side and saw the cops. I couldn't believe that

by Anonymousreply 49February 20, 2014 4:35 AM

His family members really shouldn't be leaving comments on his YouTube videos. He's obviously not well, couldn't they take the high road?

by Anonymousreply 50February 20, 2014 4:42 AM

They need to give this guy his own reality show I'd watch.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2014 5:32 AM

It's hell when you have a relative like this. You want to help but they are beyond help, and the more you get involved, the greater the odds that they will flip out on you at some point, physically attack you, maybe even kill you.

I had to disconnect/disown a cousin like this, back in the '90s.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2014 2:23 PM

I watched his latest video transfixed. I have a bipolar (former) friend in Palm Springs. As far as I know he never went on meds but he was never unbearable...until our last vacation. He also lives in Palm Springs, will never be evicted from his home (old money), and can act any way he wants to. On the vacation, that ended a week early, my friend began to behave EXACTLY like Kevin Roy. The paranoia, intensity, and appalling anger all got directed at me. I have never seen anything like it, until I watched this video. He has no friends now, except people who work for him. I consider myself to be a compassionate and at time fiery friend. I decided not take his crap, yelled right back at him, flew home, and haven't talked to him since. This video should be required watching for bipolar people who find themselves alone and can't figure out why.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2014 2:55 PM

It sounds like hell for all involved; the patient, too. I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be *absolutely* convinced that you're the target of some evil conspiracy. He seems quite certain. And I know you can't force people to take their meds. Just a sad fucking situation.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2014 8:56 PM

Can't someone in his life have him involuntarily committed and put on meds?

I mean, has he burned that many bridges?

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2014 8:57 PM

It is hard to believe this raving nutcase had a professional broadcast journalism career not too long ago.

I reckon that's gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2014 9:06 PM

in the video he talks about his emmys and says he had 3 and one has been stolen, so he only has 2 ... then pans over to them on his kitchen table and there are 3 sitting there ...

... this is your brain on drugs ...

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Reply to:

"Can't someone in his life have him involuntarily committed and put on meds?"

Several of Kevin Roy's family members have called Palm Springs police dept. and have even sent them the videos from youtube in an effort to get him taken to an inpatient treatment facility. The police check on him but then respond to the family members that Kevin "does not satisfy the criteria to be involuntarily committed."

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2014 3:46 AM

Kevin's now homeless it seems and living in his car...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2014 7:39 PM

He's better than Hosea Saunders the fat fag who was doing live newscast on meth and crack of course being the negro, they had to give him chance after chance and allow him to go to rehab time and again.

Just like Allyson Payne another negro who played the race card and took nearly ten years to get rid of.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2014 8:24 PM

It's AIDS dementia. Typical but God warned him.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2014 8:25 PM

Wow---check out his Facebook page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2014 8:25 PM

Oh my....he's lost it almost completely.

Raving about his dog.

WTF???

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2014 8:36 PM

WTH is up with the racist at R60?

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2014 8:43 PM

He has a facebook page. He descends into madness in video and text rants. And then he gets worse. I don't know why the police can't have him involuntarily committed. If anyone needs it's this poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2014 10:51 PM

His entire FB page is one big

M

A

R

Y

!

!

!

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2014 11:25 PM

R66 You aren't lying. And he has Shitney and Gaga as two of his favorite singers on the front page. Fucking hell, isn't he a little old to be listening to that shit?

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2014 11:30 PM

If you bothered to read previous posts, r65, you would see that he does indeed have a facebook page. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2014 1:11 AM

Looks like her FB page is down.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2014 7:33 PM

Roy's facebook page is sad ... he appears to be homeless living in a car and it looks like he may have killed his dog by leaving it in the car in the sun. He is deluding himself into believing not-so-similar looking dogs in nearby shelters are his. I find it hard to believe someone in so much trouble can't be committed.

by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2014 8:29 PM

I remember Kevin when he was living in Portland, OREGON. He was a mess even before the meth-induced mania. He, and his partner at the time, George Burns, accused each other of giving each other HIV. This was after they both confessed to having regular unprotected sex in the local bathhouse as well as adult bookstores. I'm afraid that the black cloud of crazy will always hang over Kevin and anyone else he associates with. Indeed, this is all very sad.

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2014 9:31 PM

Wait he got HIV from the old actor George Burns??

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2014 4:22 AM

What's the latest?

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2014 5:21 AM

All the YouTube videos are down.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2014 5:21 AM

Is suicide too much to hope for, before he kills anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2014 5:50 AM

He has a new dog. Poor thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2014 6:07 AM

Kevin's been reaching out to everyone in his address book to connect with him on LinkedIn. It seems like a desperate attempt to jumpstart his career as a TV anchorman. I'm afraid that that shipped has long sailed. The meth face doesn't help either.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2015 4:50 AM

I honestly thought he was long dead or at least living unspder a freeway overpass.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2015 4:54 AM

I recommend he become a Walmart greeter

by Anonymousreply 79February 17, 2015 12:53 PM

Meth. Just meth.

by Anonymousreply 80February 17, 2015 12:56 PM

When black anchor fag Hosea Sanders pulled the exact same shit, WLS was too scared to fire him because of his race.

by Anonymousreply 81January 25, 2016 4:18 PM

Is he on medication now? He seems to be doing okay in the video tour of his condo that he posted a few days ago.

by Anonymousreply 82January 25, 2016 5:11 PM

The video suggestions in r76's link made me laugh! wtf?

by Anonymousreply 83July 29, 2016 7:49 PM

Good lord this thread was a fascinating read.

He seems to be back in his hometown in Oakpark now, looking for work and doing much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2016 11:27 PM

His sister, Rachel, must be mortified.

by Anonymousreply 85October 3, 2016 12:14 AM

Everybody comes to Phoenix for the meth.

by Anonymousreply 86October 3, 2016 12:16 AM

Still?

by Anonymousreply 87October 3, 2016 12:38 AM

Because several have mentioned it ... even though it appears Roy doesn't need it right now.

Here's how you get committed in real life in the U.S.

First comes the call to the police. The police have to be in a frame of mind and sufficiently trained to ascertain that the person being called on is a danger to self or others. This danger has to be clearly expressed, either via multiple credible reports by others (the weakest evidence); or better yet, the perp has to voice these threats in the presence of the police. Written threats might be taken into account; it depends on the jurisdiction. Threats against others tend to be taken more seriously than threats against oneself.

Then the police have to take him to a hospital. In most places, this means the nearest hospital emergency department (ED). There, if it is a first visit, the patient might be given some emergency meds to stabilize, and may or may not have a chat with a nurse or doc or remotely a psych social worker (depends on time of day and if they have one on-call), who will determine further potential risk. At this point the patient is nearly always released.

This is especially true if the hospital has a psych ward and they determine the patient's insurance is inadequate for the anticipated services and length of service needed (called a wallet or insurance biopsy). Inadequate insurance is less of a problem these days because ObamaCare. The ED may refer the patient for intake with whatever local outpatient mental health services exist, if there are any. The patient is free to ignore this referral, and usually does, and there is no follow-up.

If the ED determines commitment is necessary and doesn't have a psych unit, then they must call around to find an appropriate placement that has an empty bed. In many parts of the country, there aren't any. The patient will be held in the ED until they find a place, or until the patient takes off, since there isn't usually much security and at this point the hold is usually involuntary.

If the patient is a repeat visitor to the ED, or if in this first visit it is determined the patient is sufficiently psychiatrically messy, then the facility will either make plans to admit him for the standard 3 days; or they may refer him to another place for the same purpose. The patient must agree to this commitment. If the patient does not, then the hospital and/or the police must petition the courts for an involuntary hold. Depending on the jurisdiction, this can take from an hour to a couple days, and other steps or evaluations may be required.

As you can see, the process is tedious, complex and has multiple points of potential failure. Friends and family become frustrated because there is little they can do to make things happen decisively and timely. There are programs in place to eliminate some of these steps, but I do not know of a place where the process of commitment is simple.

by Anonymousreply 88October 3, 2016 12:39 AM

Omg. I don't know how I missed the posts from 2013. I went to mizzou with Kevin. We weren't close, but he was friendly and fun. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 89October 3, 2016 12:42 AM

Oops end of ¶ 6, last word should be "voluntary," not "involuntary."

by Anonymousreply 90October 3, 2016 12:42 AM

I think he was my Uber driver the other day!

by Anonymousreply 91December 26, 2016 3:06 AM

Holy shit! She really is a mess. What's up with her?

by Anonymousreply 92December 26, 2016 3:10 AM

Hope he spirals upward.

by Anonymousreply 93December 26, 2016 6:35 PM

He's pudgy, and not young & hot even when he's not beat up, so the gays won't give a shit about what happens to him.

by Anonymousreply 94December 26, 2016 7:05 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 95April 24, 2017 12:53 AM

Any updates? Curious.

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2017 1:12 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 97December 16, 2017 3:28 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 98December 16, 2017 3:28 AM

It looks like he's delivering pizzas in Chicago and training to be a realtor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 16, 2017 4:25 AM

I wondered what happened to him. His meltdown was pretty alarming.

by Anonymousreply 100December 16, 2017 4:39 AM

Channel 7's Hosea Sanders is also a huge faggot, not gay a real true faggot. He was always on drugs, but he played the race card whenever they threaten him and he stays on and on, despite exhibiting the same kind of behavior. Now in August he suddenly had prostate cancer so he could conveniently take more time on and now will scream victim if he's in trouble again.

by Anonymousreply 101December 16, 2017 4:53 AM

I think Roy is back in Chicago selling pizza & real estate?

by Anonymousreply 102December 16, 2017 5:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 16, 2017 5:48 AM

Was he mentally ill or was it drug induced?

by Anonymousreply 104December 16, 2017 10:09 PM

Does anyone have any updates on this DL fave?

by Anonymousreply 105September 11, 2018 4:05 AM

Apparently he's a realtor now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2019 2:41 AM

Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2019 2:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!