Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sara Gilbert

She doesn't speak, nor looks like she did when she was in her 20s. What happened to her? Her voice used to be so distinctive. Her teeth a really weird now too.

by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2018 8:16 AM

Does she have Asperger's?

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2013 3:04 AM

Yet another celebrity who had the life sucked out of her after coming out.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2013 3:20 AM

I have no idea what happened to her, she looks the same apart from the nose job, but I do know the poor love is painfully unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2013 3:23 AM

I think she was lowering her voice on Roseanne based on the character.

Kind of like Jensen on Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2013 3:40 AM

have you seen her gf

i don't think she exactly elevates Sara

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2013 3:44 AM

She sounded like she did on Roseanne in The Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2013 3:50 AM

She's just one of those people who got much less attractive with age. I don't think she was ever a beauty, but now she's really hard on the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2013 3:50 AM

The untold story is that many lesbians are into drugs and alcohol, just like most gay men.

The health-minded ones are into sports.

Now, one would think that very wealthy lesbians like Gilbert and her wife would choose to live a healthy lifestyle.

But multiple tattoos and piercings tell a different story.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2013 3:51 AM

She is vegan though so her skin is good!

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2013 3:51 AM

Gilbert's a vegan?

How 2010. Veganism is pretty passé now as informed people understand that it is very dangerous and vegans are ill-informed.

Vegans are still harming animals by eating monoculture crops that displace the animals, destroy the landscape and kill smaller animals during harvest.

Gilbert's behind the times if she thinks she's pushing some healthy lifestyle.

And if she's a true vegan, she is ruining her health.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2013 4:05 AM

Where'd you get that information, R10?

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2013 4:21 AM

whenever there is a chef on, she'll only eat if they make something vegan. A lot of the time if the chef didn't make something for her, she'll either just stand there or eat a leafy green while the others munch down on meats and dairy products.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2013 4:28 AM

Vegans are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2013 4:30 AM

She had her "Darlene" voice 24/7 when she was younger. She didn't put that on. She sounds nothing like herself today. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2013 4:34 AM

She's nasty looking to me

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2013 4:37 AM

Lets give her the ol' shitbra.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2013 4:41 AM

Likely they did market research and discovered that most people find the Darlene voice and mannerisms to be very annoying.

Who wants to watch an aging Darlene chat on about current events?

Absolutely no one. So Gilbert, who insists on being in front of the camera has taken diction classes and gotten a wee bit of surgery.

The hair needs to be different too-I have never seen the show--is it the same?

We all know that if she stays vegan all of her hair will fall out by 2015 anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2013 4:41 AM

How about a link for the non-shut ins who don't watch Hasbeens Who Bitch all Morning?

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2013 4:43 AM

R16 - Actually Melissa speaks glowingly of Sara in her autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2013 4:45 AM

She's moderately talented, hardly a raving beauty (the lines in Roseanne about her being pretty are a hoot) and, on Big Bang Theory, confirmed everything about her limited acting abilities. (She's does High Bitch and Low Bitch.) Co-hosting a talk show was one of the few new things she could do.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2013 5:39 AM

However, Aisha Tyler said Sara Gilbert has "a really great body." Most lesbians would be pretty damn happy to have Aisha Tyler compliment their bodies, I am pretty sure.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2013 5:44 AM

What's the difference between high bitch and low bitch?

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2013 5:44 AM

I like how Sara shares her quirks. She is a constant worrier and over-thinker too.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2013 9:59 AM

It's called kissing ass R21.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2013 10:11 AM

rode hard and put away wet

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2013 10:40 AM

I loved her as Darlene on Roseanne she seemed a talent and had potential back then. I guess it never panned out for her

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2013 10:42 AM

Correction, r20 - PLAGARIZING and then hosting a talk show was the only thing left for her to do.

Gilbert claims she was home watching TV and thinking "there should be a show about Moms sitting around talking about current events". She fails to mention that the show she was watching on TV at the time was The View.

I predict that soon, she will be sitting at home drinking her coconut water and munching on her bowel of greens watching TV and thinking "They should have a show about women in a singing competition - and the viewers can be the voters! My God, how do I do it?! I'm brilliant!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2013 1:04 PM

Gilbert was at her best as a child. Once she and Darlene hit puberty, it all went downhill. Watching menstruating Darlene deadpan for six or seven years was unfunny and unpleasant to watch.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Is she still with Linda Perry?

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2013 2:06 PM

R28, I believe her part was to be a mini Roseanne, so I think that's why she was like that

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Is that true about vegans going bald in a handful of years? Wow! I'm learning more about this eating disorder here than I ever would if I'd just listened to my ex-girlfriend talk about how veganism has made her happier than she's ever been in her life.

Why do people hate Sara Gilbert so much? I haven't seen her do anything since Roseanne, but I have a soft spot for her because of that as it is one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2013 5:07 PM

I just watched a clip from The Talk. Her voice is definitely higher or more strangulated sounding, but there's still the drawl that was there 20 years ago. Weird how it's gone up in pitch. That shit just ain't natural! I don't think it came from "lessons" of any kind, either.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2013 5:16 PM

These queens dislike lesbians in general, r31. They don't like it when a woman doesn't crave their opinion of her appearance.

I saw Sarah in Joan Rivers' talk show in 1991. She dead panned her answers to questions and the audience burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2013 5:24 PM

I think she actually looks better now than on her Rosanne days. (The gf, though - I don't get it. Drugs?) As someone suggested upthread, the earlier voice was probably "acting" to come across as a junior Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2013 5:24 PM

[quote] munching on her bowel of greens

Ow!

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2013 5:34 PM

[quote] drinking her coconut water and munching on her bowel of greens

How very jejunum!

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2013 5:35 PM

Even though the majority of DL posters are female, R33 assumes every single post bashing Sara Gilbert was written by a gay man. Because as everyone knows, women [italic]never[/italic] say negative things about each other.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2013 5:42 PM

Going vegan doesn't make you go bald lol. Plenty of other celebs who are older than Sara still have a good head of hair.

Anyway I like Sara. She's unique and isn't afraid to be herself.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2013 5:44 PM

I bet she would have been a lot more attractive now if she'd never gotten the nose job.

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2013 5:51 PM

Nice try, r37. 75% of the people here are men and they are not fond of women - lesbian or straight. Are you new?

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2013 6:28 PM

Too much phytic acid causes hair loss but it is in all vegan staples, such as seeds, nut, and beans.

Phytic acid blocks the absorption of protein and minerals which causes the vegan body to be starved of nutrients. That is why vegans lose their hair, go on rampages, become suicidal, have skin issues--they are literally starving themselves to death.

If Gilbert wants to push her half-wit nutritional advise I suggest she counter it with a sound medical disclaimer.

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2013 6:32 PM

Excess phytic acid will also block the absorption of supplements, so the argument that vegans can get their B12 in any sufficient manner by supplementation is false and very, very, dangerous.

E. Colin Campbell is the biggest proponent of the vegan diet and he looks like shit. He's drawn, grey, skinny-fat, and ancient looking. Fuck him, and his fucking shitty medical advice.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2013 6:37 PM

Give her a break.

I personally love the fact that she doesn't hide or minimize the fact that she's a lesbian. When they were covering the Sports Illustrated naked issue, she got upset that the rest were all talking about men and asked if they could show pictures of the female athletes. And when they were discussing the Weiner controversy the other day, turned around and said "I don't care for weiner anyway, so why am I talking about this?" to huge applause.

At least you won't be seeing the male celebrities giving her lap dances or stripping for her. You know damn well she hasn't touched a dick in ages, and she isn't ashamed to admit it!

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2013 6:40 PM

[quote]Yet another celebrity who had the life sucked out of her after coming out.

What does that mean? And who are the others?

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2013 7:04 PM

[quote]At least you won't be seeing the male celebrities giving her lap dances or stripping for her. You know damn well she hasn't touched a dick in ages, and she isn't ashamed to admit it!

Well, if it's a contest between current lesbian daytime talk shows, I'd take Sara over phony Ellen any day -- another one whose veg diet isn't doing her any favors.

Sara's gf is gross x1000 though.

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2013 7:16 PM

I just find her boring as hell, she brings nothing to the show.

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2013 7:18 PM

The anti-vegan troll disbelieves in India.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2013 7:25 PM

[quote]bowel of greens

BWAH HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2013 7:35 PM

Um, people are vegetarian in India, not vegans. They almost live on dairy and Ghee butter.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2013 7:36 PM

[quote]What's the difference between high bitch and low bitch?

Bitch, you gotta know your bitches!

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2013 7:38 PM

Grant Aleksander has been a since is teens and he still has a great figure and a great head of hair, but his face looks like Skeletor. That, however, is just natural - he's always been jagged boned like that.

by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2013 7:39 PM

I guess it would be her friend that would be munching her bowel of greens, not Sara.

by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2013 7:41 PM

I'm sure male celebrities are so sad that they won't get to strip or lap dance for Sara Gilbert, r43. By the way, Sara does not deserve a "Go, Sara!" Yes, Sara's a lesbian and doesn't make a secret of it- but no one would ever believe she is not a lesbian, so big deal!

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2013 8:08 PM

r43 = sourpuss lesbian who has never had the fortune of having a dick in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2013 8:26 PM

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2013 8:29 PM

I remember 1 time, I don't know if it was on WWHL with Andy Cohen, but in the last couple years, Rosie O'Donnell answered a question. She was asked about lesbians in hollywood and she mentioned something about being shocked back in the day (I'm guessing early to mid 90s) when she would go the secret lesbian hollywood parties and "young Darlene from Roseanne show was there".

by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2013 8:50 PM

r55, the Roseanne cast was one of the best ensemble casts ever on TV (it's only guffaw was the casting of Sarah Chalke), but I agree that without Laurie Metcalfe, the show wouldn't have neem what it was.

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2013 11:48 PM

Die in a grease fire, R54

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2013 11:54 PM

F&F R54.

Time for him to move out of Mommy's basement and lose his virginity.

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2013 12:01 AM

[quote](it's only guffaw was the casting of Sarah Chalke),

Are you the same guy who wrote about the "bowel" of greens?

I think you made a gaffe there.

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Linda Perry is one of the ugliest dykes I've ever seen, and that really is saying something.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2013 12:19 AM

the thing that gets me is how fast Sara moved on from her old partner (the one she has kids with). She started dating Perry just a few months later and now is already engaged? Her poor kids. That's way too fast.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2013 12:59 AM

Didn't she have a chubby period right after Roseanne?

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2013 1:06 AM

R62 She certainly doesn't help the "U-Haul" stereotype lesbians have, does she?

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2013 1:08 AM

The anti-vegan troll is tiresome. If you're going to keep posting over and over about how terrible veganism is, add in links to credible URLs that support your theories or STFU, troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2013 1:21 AM

She lucked out by getting a role on a popular tv show that featured nothing but unattractive actors. She's nothing to look at, never was, and always had that slurred, deadpan voice, but since her character was supposed to be a very weird child, it worked. But it's very evident that she's just not that talented, is very limited as an actress.

She looks different because she's had work done. She's had a couple of nose jobs, dental work, probably some other stuff, too. It hasn't made her look any better. She has a gross, lumpy face. Her fiance Linda Perry is homely, too. I think they're right for each other.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2013 2:24 AM

She seems like a really nice person actually.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2013 2:36 AM

[quote]She seems like a really nice person actually.

Nobody said she wasn't nice, she just seems incredibly boring and doesn't have much of a personality. Not made for live television.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2013 2:38 AM

r68, And yet she's rich and famous and you're a loser posting about her life on a website.

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2013 2:44 AM

You know who's a vegan? Polly PissPot.

Not sure which came first, the veganism or the psychosis, but it's food for thought.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2013 2:50 AM

[quote]And yet she's rich and famous and you're a loser posting about her life on a website.

Yep - just like YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2013 2:54 AM

She always had a great head of hair. I have a friend who looks (and sounds) so much like her that it's uncanny.

I do find it quite amusing that her real personality seems the polar opposite of the obnoxious, pessimistic Darlene.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2013 3:02 AM

Her voice was different on The Big Bang Theory too. I first noticed the change on a Will and Grace episode. It's much more nasally. Maybe she had another nose job and it affected her voice?

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2013 3:11 AM

In her late teens, she had some kind of speech impediment. You can hear it in the later years of Roseanne, where she is slightly slurring her words like she was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Tee-hee, I am r60. And get this - I have a Masters in English Lit!!! Doesn't say much for the education system.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2013 3:28 AM

It's good she's not a phony. We get a sense of her personality on The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2013 8:49 AM

It seems obvious that Sara Gilbert wears a complete full plate upper denture. Does anyone else notice that?

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2014 2:43 PM

I actually liked her as Leslie Winkle on BBT. Her deadpan acting was perfect as Sheldon's nemesis.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2014 3:00 PM

Watching ROSEANNE over, it's hard not to notice that Darlene was totally hot for cute preppy Molly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2017 12:38 PM

She was on an episode of SUV where she played a rape victim. She was surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2017 1:28 PM

r78

I have to agree, supposedly she stopped appearing because she said the writers were not able to meet the quality of script she was demanding and rather than do a second rate script she asked to be written off.

She was really good on that part.

by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2017 1:31 PM

I love Sara and admire how she's handled herself creatively and as a public figure, coming out when she did...but honestly this always bothered me: isn't she a technical bisexual? She herself admits falling for Galecki for real (though they were just teens) as their later chemistry on BBT shows. Idk how it works with bi people, but if you've seriously fallen for a man even just once (and those feelings are still real to you 15 years on) doesn't make you bisexual?

I like that she's unpretentious and willing to get real with the public, R76. Especially in that fraus nest she waded into.

by Anonymousreply 82March 8, 2017 7:03 PM

When I was in law school, she was an undergrad and I would see her all the time. I'd say using an casual "inside voice" "hey Darlene" and she would ignore me. God I was obnoxious. Sorry, Darlene, if that annoyed you. That's my Sarah Gilbert story. Carry on

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2017 7:09 PM

She is one ugly dyke

by Anonymousreply 84March 8, 2017 7:19 PM

Rumors are going around that she is very unhappy at the Talk. It was her idea to do the show but Julie Chen has all but taken over. It's Juie's way or it's no way apparently. Even who responds in what order to a topic is apparently dictated by Ms.. Chen.

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2017 8:03 PM

R83 she seems like she'd be cool to have as a friend, how come you didn't want to casually befriend her?

by Anonymousreply 86March 10, 2017 12:06 PM

I might be totally off base, but it's possible she has a jaw alignment issue that would likely require surgery and a long recovery process, followed by orthodontic treatment. to correct.

by Anonymousreply 87March 10, 2017 2:30 PM

She looks nasty

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2017 5:14 PM

Yeah she was, R80. I wish she'd try to do some more acting.

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2017 5:21 PM

She's not much of an actress. Frankly, I think her acting roles are basically just her imitating her real self. Everything I've seen her in she plays it the same way as a depressive, rather bored ir not hateful woman with little to no personality.

And that girlfriend of hers is nasty. She doesn't even look clean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2017 5:28 PM

Loved her in Poison Ivy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2017 5:43 PM

I thought Darlene was great - very '90s grunge chick so perfect for her time. Her parts were my favorites in the later years of the show.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Her gf s from 4 non blondes and iirc wrote or produced P!nk. Also quite a bit older than Sara. She looks fine in a music industry way.

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2017 5:48 PM

She did a Roseanne sketch with John Goodman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2017 5:51 PM

F86 she was freshman or sophomore I was in law school. That's a pretty big age difference for kids in school. Also she didn't seem open to new friends and always had a look like "don't you dare speak to me" (and I don't really blame her) . Probably why I messed with her a littke bit back then. Like I said it was a bit obnoxious and her reaction was to roll her eyes. NBD

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2017 6:06 PM

Saw her at a movie premier in Westwood around 1994 and she was a total cunt

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2017 6:09 PM

R96 that's the year I entered law school and I definitely got a cunty vibe from her.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2017 7:25 PM

R91

I use to watch that quiet a bit when they aired it late night on cinemax.

by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2017 7:59 PM

She should have left her face untouched. It worked for Sandra Berhnhard. Neither of them were ever going to be considered pretty, so why not keep the face that has some character.

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2017 8:02 PM

Does she smoke heavily? I've never seen her light up and she seems the sort to oppose Big Tobacco, but there's no other way to explain her smokers voice.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2017 1:05 PM

Dull

by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2017 10:30 PM

Her ex Ali Alder is so pretty. How did she go from her to Linda Perry? Blind or on drugs? Incidentally, her ex is the writer/producer of Supergirl. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 102March 25, 2017 1:12 AM

I bet she smells like rotten tuna.

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2017 9:48 PM

I’m a gay man and would totally do her.

by Anonymousreply 104April 23, 2018 6:50 PM

She really was great as Darlene when she was a kid. I also thought she transitioned into a good teenager character on Roseanne. Darlene was certainly, at least at that point in TV history, one of the most complex teen characters on TV. The season where she just goes into a complete funk and wears nothing but black was something I saw many times growing up in the 80s. I think the show should have ended when she went off to school. It was never very good after that. Roseanne needed her kids as foils, and only Lecy Goranson and Sarah Gilbert were talented enough to pull that off. Poor Michael Fishman. Not an actor.

by Anonymousreply 105April 23, 2018 7:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 23, 2018 7:22 PM

Completely unrealistic that no one ever hauled off and smacked Darlene right in the mouth.

Or at least gave her one hell of a shove.

by Anonymousreply 107April 23, 2018 7:24 PM

Surely one of the worst nose jobs in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 108April 23, 2018 7:46 PM

R107, you forget the episode where Darlene taunts some female school tough girl and gets her ass kicked. They never show the bully, but at the end of the episode Darlene is in a cast and asks for her medication while they're all in therapy to help Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 109April 23, 2018 7:54 PM

Damn R109. I have never seen that one.

by Anonymousreply 110April 23, 2018 7:55 PM

She is no beauty but the gf is nothing to look at.

by Anonymousreply 111April 23, 2018 7:56 PM

I cannot stand the 4 Non Blondes song. I don’t understand all the tattoos and dirty grunge look. She looks like she is from East LA. So Linda Perry went from Clementine Ford to Linda Perry? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 112April 23, 2018 8:10 PM

Linda Perry and Steven Tyler are merging into one person

by Anonymousreply 113April 23, 2018 8:14 PM

R105 Fuck off and choke on a big black dick. Fishman was a very good child actor. He was funny, a cute kid, and had good timing. Not an actor. Fuck you. And so far most of the cast of the new rebooted Roseanne suck as actors. Except for Darlene and Becky.

by Anonymousreply 114April 24, 2018 11:49 AM

Why does the dick you want R105 to choke on have to be black?

by Anonymousreply 115April 24, 2018 12:01 PM

I have always liked Sara. I think she was a good actress, and enjoy her on The Talk. She looks nice when she's dressed up on the show, nice jackets, artsy pins, and she frequently sports either Gucci loafers, or the open back ones like slippers. People here have very unrealistic expectations regarding people's looks. She's no longer a young gal, and had a couple or few children too. She also has been very honest about depression, perhaps the medication she takes ages her. Lithium and several others take their toll on a person too. I quite respect her for being funny without the need to put others down.

by Anonymousreply 116April 24, 2018 12:31 PM

Going by the photo alone R106 there is nothing attractive about that couple. Their choice of style is not something I would wear or could pull off (no pun intended). Regardless of their dress they are successful in their careers. Although I don't know her music I have heard Perry is a respected musician and composer.

by Anonymousreply 117April 24, 2018 12:40 PM

People's voices do change as they get older. Men and women.

And who cares if she's vegan? How does that have any affect on your life?

by Anonymousreply 118April 24, 2018 12:45 PM

Linda Perry needs a good flee dip. This is a clip of her butchering the Stones, Angie. Dreadful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 24, 2018 12:55 PM

I think that the Roseanne show capitalized on the actress' appearance in a good way. Remember the episode where she wrote the poem about not being the pretty, popular girl? In the episode where she goes into her black-clothes depression phase, she tells her mom that one of the things bothering her is "the way I look". Her appearance and attitude was a big contrast to the Becky character. The character was conventionally pretty, and she was confident, acquiring friends and boyfriends easily.

I think that Sara is pretty. I think that the reason some people don't like her is because she has an ethnic look and doesn't have the cookie-cutter looks that society deems conventionally pretty: straight blond hair. However I do think she looks too thin; I think she'd be cuter with a few extra pounds.

by Anonymousreply 120April 24, 2018 12:55 PM

I don't get the criticism about Linda Perry's looks and style. She's played rock music for 25 years. Do you expect her to walk around wearing a business suit? I expect artists to have a non-conventional appearance. Besides, she's a singer/producer; she's not trying to be a fashion model. Would you refuse to buy a Pink or Courtney Love album because you don't like the way the producer dresses?

by Anonymousreply 121April 24, 2018 12:59 PM

Visual has a lot to do with it R121. I love Anita Baker, but can't stand watching her sing.

by Anonymousreply 122April 24, 2018 1:01 PM

R121 Linda Perry is ugly inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2018 1:02 PM

r122, then maybe you should stick to Britney Spears and One Direction albums. Yeah, they're talentless, but they look good.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2018 1:03 PM

R106 Many of us who are comfortable in our own skin do not feel the need to "dress up" for the grocery store. Sara was pregnant in the pic too, and probably wanted to be comfortable above all else. If I wete a chick, I wouldn't go to the effort, and I probably wouldn't wear makeup either.

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2018 1:04 PM

r121, why do you say Linda Perry is ugly on the inside? What did she do that's so bad? I've never heard anything in the press about her being cruel or obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Shut the fuck up R124. I didn't mention anything about Anita's looks. Your own prejudice entered into it. Visually I can't stand her waving her arms all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2018 1:11 PM

This really isn’t much, but I remember being at the Viper Room in LA and Linda Perry arrived at the door. They booted a table of people and Linda sits down with a harem of younger women/groupie types. Then I ran into her at the bar.. and she eyed me up- asked me to buy her a beer. (I’m a young cute lesbian at the time). Shouldn’t she be buying me one? Anyway, I can’t even remember what happened after .. but she seems to have a grand attitude.

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2018 1:16 PM

R126 I’m in the biz. She’s a pig.

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2018 1:20 PM

I always imagined that Johnny Galecki was Gilbert's 'exception', i.e. he was a man she had romantic if asexual feelings for.

I get that impression even on the Roseanne reboot; it feels like they're in character but also that Gilbert adores him like she might a husband she doesn't want to fuck. Doesn't make her any less lesbian, though.

by Anonymousreply 130May 3, 2018 8:13 AM

SOMEBODY hit her a little too hard with the shitbra.

by Anonymousreply 131May 3, 2018 8:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!