Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Major Crimes

When it was The Closer the cases were interesting and well written.

Now it is more soap opera...but I love the home drama...any of you watching?

by Anonymousreply 9101/14/2015

I adore Mary McDonnell, her performance on BSG was perfect and will watch anything she's on and MC is excellent series.

by Anonymousreply 107/24/2013

What is BSG?

by Anonymousreply 207/24/2013

R2 Battlestar Galactica.

by Anonymousreply 307/24/2013

R2 Mary McDonnell as Madam Airlock. I love how her voice changes from gentle to flinty.

by Anonymousreply 407/24/2013

R2 And the best: I'm coming for all of you!!

by Anonymousreply 507/24/2013

They should, however, stop with the Rasty storyline.

It's starting to get on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 607/24/2013

MJ is one of my favorite summertime programs (right behind Longmire, which is great).

I've enjoyed how Raydor was introduced in The Closer and is now the head of Major Crimes.

All of the secondary characters are great, the core from The Closer plus some additions.

I enjoy the relationship between Raydor and Rusty... was it created to soften her? She was borderline Aspberger when initially introduced, but now you can see the concern she has for the kid, but maintains a disciplined environment.

And how could you not love the way each member of the unit has taken to guiding Rusty along into adulthood? Provenza is so great as a kindly but blunt uncle and I love Buzz as the protective tutor.

Now, if we could just give Sanchez a love life - and not with the ADA, all would be well with the world.

by Anonymousreply 707/24/2013

I think the show is better this season than last. I enjoy the Rusty character ... I think it's very interesting how they show all the adults realizing Rusty is gay before Rusty himself is able to articulate it. And not a hint of judgment or condescension from the adults. I've loved Mary McDonnell from Dances with Wolves through Passionfish through Battlestar, though I think she's botoxed/juvadermed/whatevered her face a bit too much. She was much more expressive in her earlier days.

by Anonymousreply 807/24/2013

I really used to hate that twink that plays Rusty. Awful, awful actor, but thankfully this season's they've written him a little more low-key and more tolerable.

That Latina ADA is also awful.

by Anonymousreply 907/24/2013

No, I watched The Closer for two reasons. The shockingly brilliant Kyra and my crush Cory Reynolds. Those eyes, those eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1007/24/2013

Okay...Battle Star G...I've never heard of it, not a show I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 1107/24/2013

Fan of The Closer. Watched a little from recent ep of MC. Wasn't fond of McDonnell's interrogation scenes. Sedgewick was better, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 1207/24/2013

It has grown on me. After 'The Closer', which I loved, for Kyra, thought I'd hate this B version- but Mary, Rusty, etc, have grown on me, and now watch every week. Also for Raymond Cruz , who needs more to do . Unfortunately he has turned from the smoldering hot gangsta, in 'Training Day', to a still hot, but older, bloated version - but the guy still does it for me. Sexiest man on TV. there was a thread about him, a while back.

by Anonymousreply 1307/24/2013

I've never understood the MMcD love. She always seems monotone to me.

by Anonymousreply 1407/24/2013

R11 You absolutely should. The saga is brilliant. The Writers Guild of America (west) put it to nr 38 on 101 Best Written Tv Series. Also acting is excellent and it's full of handsome guys from Jamie Bamber to Michael Trucco. Buy the dvd. I watched it on tv and the dvds (all nights along). Not to mention Bear McCreary's fantastic score.

Here's a fan made trailer:

by Anonymousreply 1507/24/2013

I think Tony Denison has aged quite nicely... how great would it be to enter a sauna and find Fritz (John Tenney) and Flynn hanging around, wrapped in skimpy towels?

** sigh **

by Anonymousreply 1607/24/2013

I'd love to see Raymond Cruz play gay. He's always the most macho guy in the room, even with other studs, so I'd like to see him play that same alpha dude, but gay. He was great on a "breaking Bad"episode, a couple years ago, as a demented drug lord

by Anonymousreply 1707/24/2013

Anything is better than Kyra's shitty, overbaked Southern accent. On The Closer, she was the female equivalent of David Caruso.

by Anonymousreply 1807/24/2013

Is this thread about Stands With A Fist?

by Anonymousreply 1907/24/2013

I love Rusty. And Raydor's relationship with him is a lot of fun. Ditto the squad full of daddies and Uncles. Hate the ADA. What happened to the blonde? And now Tom Beringer as Raydor's husband is here. They have fun back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 2007/24/2013

I'd watch any show with Flynn and Provenza.

BTW, the 8/5 episode (week after next) features Tim Conway, Ron Glass, Marion Ross, and Doris Roberts!

by Anonymousreply 2107/24/2013

Obviously a comedy episode. Not my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 2207/24/2013

I can't stand watching an actor with an obvious fake accent, and Kyra seemed like she wandered off the set of "Mama's Family."

The worst southern accent since everyone in Steel Magnolias.

Julia Roberts is from the South, but still sucked at it.

by Anonymousreply 2307/25/2013

TNT is running a marathon of all 19 episodes of Season 2. Starts Sun. night/Mon. morning at 2AM. Leading up to the premiere of season 3 at 9PM.

And then followed by the premiere of the new Taye Diggs series, "Murder in the First."

I've been seeing a lot of stuff about "Murder in the First," but even the new EW that lists all the new summer programming doesn't mention "Major Crimes" at all.

by Anonymousreply 2406/06/2014

I'm glad this is returning. Suits is returning Wednesday night

by Anonymousreply 2506/07/2014

I like it. The gay kid is cute (so is Buzz, the gay older guy).

by Anonymousreply 2606/07/2014

My one quibble with Buzz is that Philip Keane, the actor who plays him, is married to the show's creator James Duff. Their relationship predates the show(s) by many years, so I guess it's just good old Hollywood nepotism.

OTOH, they have the also openly-gay Jonathan Del Arco as the team's snarky medical examiner, and both the actor and character are just delightful.

And while I don't connect to the show quite as much as I did to "The Closer" it's hit me in the feels more than a few times.

by Anonymousreply 2706/07/2014

Did anyone watch the season premiere? I'm surprised our resident Incest Troll hasn't chimed in, as it dealt with cousin-on-cousin love.

by Anonymousreply 2806/10/2014

Wow, had no idea about Buzz and the creator, VOTN.

Here's the couple if anyone is wondering --

by Anonymousreply 2906/10/2014

I wasn't overwhelmed by last night's premiere, but the rapport within the squad was still there and it's one of the reasons I watch.

I had been hoping that months would have past since the finale, but, it had only been weeks... at least that's what I surmise from a line given to Provenza.

If it had been months, I was hoping for some sort of development in what's going on between Flynn and Sharon and perhaps a new school year for Rusty.

Here's what I'm worried about this season... is Sanchez going to lose it and have to leave he squad? Man, his slow build to tossing the table in the interview room was something. Oh Julio, Julio, Julio...

And I just don't care about Rusty's mother. Crap, I thought we were past all of that drama.

by Anonymousreply 3006/10/2014

[quote]months would have past

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3106/10/2014

I was surprised to see Freddie from "iCarly" playing a gay character in last season's finale. I thought he was a fundie Xian.

by Anonymousreply 3206/11/2014

So, any opinions about Monday's episode? I liked it quite a bit, found the re-introduction of Rusty's mother surprisingly interesting. Poor kid's torn overloyalty and seeing through her actions at the same time.

Julio continues to be a concern... his outbursts and simmering anger and sadness have me thinking that he's going to explode later in the season, it won't be good. His crying at the end was well played.

Will Andy and Sharon have another outing together?

by Anonymousreply 3306/18/2014

I like MC a lot, great cast, well written stories and I am a fan of MMcD.

by Anonymousreply 3406/18/2014

This has been a good season so far...

Rusty is out to the Major Case squad and they don't care.

Sharon is thinking of adopting Rusty, which is cool.

I think Sharon and Andy are going to start going more than just going out for dinner.

The last two case have been interesting as well.

Where's the love for this program?

And will someone please start a thread for Longmire on A&E? Damn that program has gotten really dark and violent this season. I think it should move to FX.

by Anonymousreply 3507/17/2014

Rusty is adorable. I like this show although I wish Mary would cut her hair. She is too old to have it that length.

by Anonymousreply 3607/17/2014

MC is getting better and better. I like the social aspects of each story.

by Anonymousreply 3707/17/2014

Why on earth does Sharon Raydor's not-ex-husband want to stay married? It makes no earthly sense.

by Anonymousreply 3807/17/2014

Most recent episode was really great... level of tension throughout. I thought the two cops in the opening were going to get shot - then I thought Fits (the delicious Jon Tenney) was going to be get it in the apartment building, I didn't expect Julio to be the one on the ground bleeding.

The editing during the final confrontation with the kidnapper was great.

Great ending as well at the station.

by Anonymousreply 3907/24/2014

Jonathan Del Arco plays medical examiner, who is gay, JDA born in Uruguay, openly gay, activist.

by Anonymousreply 4007/24/2014

R39 It was a good episode, but seemed to have "potential spinoff" written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 4107/24/2014

JDA has been looking sickly this season. Anyone else notice?

by Anonymousreply 4207/24/2014

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "spin off" with the two cops in the beginning, Andrea from the Walking Dead and Fritzie. John Tenney's other show was recently canceled so he is free to reprise his role as Fritz though it would be weird if Brenda moved to DC and he stayed in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 4307/24/2014

Spin-off hadn't crossed my mind, but it's an interesting idea.

Has anyone read about the possibility of Major Crimes closing down or a re-shuffle of the cast?

by Anonymousreply 4407/26/2014

R44 Just renewed for the next season. It's a cable hit.

by Anonymousreply 4507/26/2014

It was a backdoor pilot.

TNT sent out a survey asking Major Crimes viewers what they thought about it.

With the exception of unfortunate plastic surgery victim Lindsay Price, I quite liked it.

by Anonymousreply 4607/26/2014

[quote]Jonathan Del Arco plays medical examiner, who is gay, JDA born in Uruguay, openly gay, activist.

If you read his bio, it's kind of heartbreaking. When his family moved to the US, he grew up absolutely dirt poor, had a boyfriend die of AIDS, and he's an incredibly outspoken activist, on both progressive and LGBT issues.

He famously played Hugh of Borg on Star Trek: The Next Generation, and when Jeri Ryan made a guest appearance on Major Crimes last season, they took turns Tweeting Borg jokes at each other.

He seems like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 4707/26/2014

R47 Yeah, sad and inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 4807/26/2014

Lindsay Price seems to be playing nearly the exact same role as the bitchy Latina D.A. they recently introduced.

by Anonymousreply 4907/26/2014

[quote]Lindsay Price seems to be playing nearly the exact same role as the bitchy Latina D.A. they recently introduced

And then dumped, because audiences hated her.

I remember Lindsay Price from All My Children, but if I hadn't seen her name in the credits, I wouldn't have recognized her. I don't know if it's simple vanity, or if we should blame Curtis Stone.

by Anonymousreply 5007/26/2014

The only thing I blame Curtis Stone for is Aussie Hotness (and I don't mean cooking).

by Anonymousreply 5107/26/2014

The young cop in the proposed spinoff was equally hot - Brock Harris.

He can spin right off into my bed right now!

by Anonymousreply 5207/26/2014

Can we time-share him, R52?

by Anonymousreply 5307/26/2014

Nice ending to last night's episode... I didn't expect Tao and Rusty's conversation at the party in Sharon's apartment.

Any opinion on how MC gives us really intense episodes (like last week's with the double homicide?) and then a light-hearted one like last night with Luke Perry?

Monday's have some good TV - I go from MC to Longmire (which has been very, very intense).

by Anonymousreply 5407/29/2014

"Special Guest Star" Luke Perry? What did he ever do to deserve that billing?

And he's not aging well.

by Anonymousreply 5507/29/2014

[quote]Nice ending to last night's episode... I didn't expect Tao and Rusty's conversation at the party in Sharon's apartment.

I loved Detective Sykes calling Rusty "Jump Street." I don't know if she's done that before, but it suited their relationship.

I did think it was kind of odd that they used the theme from the revival of "All My Children" as incidental music.

by Anonymousreply 5607/29/2014

Absolutely spin-off. No other reason to introduce 3 or 4 new one-off characters and tie them to each other and to Fritz.

Seems kind of pointless. A special ops series really has nothing to do with the tone of either The Closer or Major Crimes.

by Anonymousreply 5707/29/2014

R56 I thought she called him "Jump Street" because Luke Perry mistook him for an undercover cop when he first met him.

by Anonymousreply 5807/29/2014

The actor who plays Rusty has a crazy cyber stalker

by Anonymousreply 5907/30/2014

[quote]Okay...Battle Star G...I've never heard of it,

TROLLING TROLLING TROLLING

KEEP THOSE WAGONS TROLLING!

by Anonymousreply 6007/30/2014

I'm so happy they have Hobbs as the recurring DDA. That other girl was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 6107/30/2014

R41, you are correct, and I think that was the intent. Have a look at this article.

by Anonymousreply 6207/30/2014

I can't believe so many of you liked that spin-off episode. I thought it was the worst written, worst acted, and worst directed of the entire series. I was actually preparing to write an email to TNT in disgust.

I thought maybe a cast member had tried their hand at screenwriting, since it seemed so ham-handed, but was shocked to learn the series creator had written it. However, I did learn that the guy that plays Buzz is married to him.

by Anonymousreply 6307/30/2014

The spinoff is dead. The TNT survey came back hugely negative - viewers were incensed that Fritz (who ostensibly is still married to Brenda) would even look at another woman, or leave the FBI to work for LAPD.

Sorry Jon Tenney - you had your shot at a series with Rebecca Romaine and it didn't work - you don't get another chance by negating 6 seasons of THE CLOSER.

by Anonymousreply 6407/31/2014

John Tenney keeps plugging away.

Hopefully he'll end up with another series.

Many years ago he got me hot on a short-lived program Brooklyn South (it started the same season as NYPD Blue).

He was so sexy on that show.

by Anonymousreply 6507/31/2014

Isn't Jon Tenney still recurring as the VP on "Scandal"?

by Anonymousreply 6607/31/2014

Does anyone else here think there is a strong resemblance between Jon Tenney and Papa John's founder?

by Anonymousreply 6708/01/2014

[quote]The spinoff is dead. The TNT survey came back hugely negative - viewers were incensed that Fritz (who ostensibly is still married to Brenda) would even look at another woman, or leave the FBI to work for LAPD.

They could do it without Jon Tenney, though. Although it's a shame, because any man who could survive being married to Teri Hatcher in real life and Brenda Leigh Johnson on The Closer deserves some success of his own.

Major Crimes has been pulling some amazing ratings this season; a week or two ago they not only were the highest rated cable scripted series, they actually cracked the top 20 on the regular Neilsen ratings against the broadcast networks.

by Anonymousreply 6808/01/2014

R68 well deserved success. I like McDonnell but never thought MC would be this brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 6908/01/2014

I always thought The Closer was the better series, but I think MC has really hit its stride this season. Both shows are incredibly sharply-written and acted, and the way they've had the relationship with Rusty and Sharon evolve over the the course of the show has really hit me in a really primal place.

I think during the backdoor pilot episode, she had him cataloging all the photos of the missing girls, and then he said to her that he would like her to adopt him, because he wanted to know that if he were to end up like that that there would be someone to look for him, and she told him with equal parts love and steel "I would look for you and I would find you," that, big Mary that I am, made me a little teary-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 7008/01/2014

They need more Hobbes.

by Anonymousreply 7108/01/2014

We know the actor playing Buzz is gay - he's married to the producer. But when will the character come out - he's so nelly on camera it's impossible to believe he's straight. And with Rusty now coming out, it would be nice if Buzz spoke up and said "Me too!"

by Anonymousreply 7208/01/2014

I wish they'd bring back Devon Werkheiser as the Jump Street cop who was going to be Rusty's bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 7308/02/2014

[quote]I wish they'd bring back Devon Werkheiser as the Jump Street cop who was going to be Rusty's bodyguard.

I half expected him to end up as a love interest for Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 7408/02/2014

Wouldn't mind if they brought back Sgt. Gabriel. The show could use a little more male eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 7508/04/2014

I never understood why Corey Reynolds left the show when most of the others (except for Sedgwick and JK Simmons) stayed on. All I know about him is that he was the original Seaweed in "Hairspray" (which I would've LOVED to have seen). So I couldn't figure out why he got second billing on the "The Closer". And what's he done since leaving?

by Anonymousreply 7608/04/2014

No, the love interest for Rusty should have been the gay friend (Noland Ammon) of the diplomat's daughter who was making eyes at him in the breakroom. Even Tao and Flynn noticed the eye flirting.

by Anonymousreply 7708/04/2014

Things haven't been too kind to Corey since The Closer. He was supposed to be in a new Fox show Delirium, but the show was canceled before it even aired.

I'm still curious if anyone knows why they let Gina Ravera go after Season 4? Did she and Kyra not get along?

by Anonymousreply 7808/04/2014

No posts about the season finale?

Sharon's shut down of Rusty's mother? man, the mother is piece of work, asking if rusty could turn some tricks to earn money for her bail. That poor kid.

Sykes' killing that guy in the barn?

Fitz being part of the LAPD?

I love the show, bummed that I have to wait until November for new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 7908/17/2014

I loved the episode with Luke Perry as the clueless TV star - funny as hell, and the crime was a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 8008/17/2014

Rusty got a little flirty with the SWAT cops assigned to protect him in tonight's episode. Not sure which one he preferred, the black one or white one. The white one was very cute though.

by Anonymousreply 8101/13/2015

I didn't care much for the show at first. The plea bargain every case to save money got tiresome and unrealistic. Love it now though, including the not so exciting family drama. Only changes I'd make is to have Raydor's hot older son on every episode, and for Rusty to make a successful move on any guy finally.

by Anonymousreply 8201/13/2015

Corey Reynolds has a good sized role in SELMA.

The white SWAT cop tonight was SMOKING.

For a moment there it looked like Jon Tenney's character was going to have another heart attack.

So this is it now until next summer? Will Sanchez be back or has this final beating been the end of his career?

by Anonymousreply 8301/13/2015

Yes, the two episodes were the season finale. It was nice to see Annie Potts as the astrologist they called in as a consultant.

I hope they give Rusty a boyfriend next season.

by Anonymousreply 8401/13/2015

I watched the finales tonight. Loved Annie Potts being all quirky as usual. And the blonde SWAT guy....beyond fucking hot as hell. Rusty should've asked for permanent protection to keep that hunk around.

by Anonymousreply 8501/13/2015

Happy Valley and Scott and Bailey are two UK crime shows that are very soapy. Half of each episode is about the private lives of the cops, and half is about crime. They're the anti-Law and Order.

by Anonymousreply 8601/13/2015

[quote] The plea bargain every case to save money got tiresome and unrealistic.

Sorry, but in real life, the vast majority of criminal cases are plea bargained to save money. So it may be tiresome, but it's certainly not unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 8701/13/2015

The last scene would make me think twice about ever becoming an Uber driver.

by Anonymousreply 8801/13/2015

Hot white SWAT cop was Brock Harris. He was in the gay-themed movie "G.B.F."

by Anonymousreply 8901/14/2015

Hot black SWAT cop was played by Hampton Fluker. No gay-themed movies in his credits, unless you count "Whitney."

I don't know how Rusty could choose.

by Anonymousreply 9001/14/2015

Both SWAP cop actors are good looking, I would like to have them both.

by Anonymousreply 9101/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.