Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Major Crimes

When it was The Closer the cases were interesting and well written.

Now it is more soap opera...but I love the home drama...any of you watching?

by Anonymousreply 496August 6, 2018 4:42 AM

I adore Mary McDonnell, her performance on BSG was perfect and will watch anything she's on and MC is excellent series.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2013 2:31 PM

What is BSG?

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2013 2:37 PM

R2 Battlestar Galactica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2013 3:53 PM

R2 Mary McDonnell as Madam Airlock. I love how her voice changes from gentle to flinty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2013 3:57 PM

R2 And the best: I'm coming for all of you!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2013 4:00 PM

They should, however, stop with the Rasty storyline.

It's starting to get on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2013 4:00 PM

MJ is one of my favorite summertime programs (right behind Longmire, which is great).

I've enjoyed how Raydor was introduced in The Closer and is now the head of Major Crimes.

All of the secondary characters are great, the core from The Closer plus some additions.

I enjoy the relationship between Raydor and Rusty... was it created to soften her? She was borderline Aspberger when initially introduced, but now you can see the concern she has for the kid, but maintains a disciplined environment.

And how could you not love the way each member of the unit has taken to guiding Rusty along into adulthood? Provenza is so great as a kindly but blunt uncle and I love Buzz as the protective tutor.

Now, if we could just give Sanchez a love life - and not with the ADA, all would be well with the world.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2013 4:34 PM

I think the show is better this season than last. I enjoy the Rusty character ... I think it's very interesting how they show all the adults realizing Rusty is gay before Rusty himself is able to articulate it. And not a hint of judgment or condescension from the adults. I've loved Mary McDonnell from Dances with Wolves through Passionfish through Battlestar, though I think she's botoxed/juvadermed/whatevered her face a bit too much. She was much more expressive in her earlier days.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2013 4:52 PM

I really used to hate that twink that plays Rusty. Awful, awful actor, but thankfully this season's they've written him a little more low-key and more tolerable.

That Latina ADA is also awful.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2013 5:08 PM

No, I watched The Closer for two reasons. The shockingly brilliant Kyra and my crush Cory Reynolds. Those eyes, those eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2013 5:14 PM

Okay...Battle Star G...I've never heard of it, not a show I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2013 6:49 PM

Fan of The Closer. Watched a little from recent ep of MC. Wasn't fond of McDonnell's interrogation scenes. Sedgewick was better, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2013 7:01 PM

It has grown on me. After 'The Closer', which I loved, for Kyra, thought I'd hate this B version- but Mary, Rusty, etc, have grown on me, and now watch every week. Also for Raymond Cruz , who needs more to do . Unfortunately he has turned from the smoldering hot gangsta, in 'Training Day', to a still hot, but older, bloated version - but the guy still does it for me. Sexiest man on TV. there was a thread about him, a while back.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2013 7:22 PM

I've never understood the MMcD love. She always seems monotone to me.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2013 7:22 PM

R11 You absolutely should. The saga is brilliant. The Writers Guild of America (west) put it to nr 38 on 101 Best Written Tv Series. Also acting is excellent and it's full of handsome guys from Jamie Bamber to Michael Trucco. Buy the dvd. I watched it on tv and the dvds (all nights along). Not to mention Bear McCreary's fantastic score.

Here's a fan made trailer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2013 7:54 PM

I think Tony Denison has aged quite nicely... how great would it be to enter a sauna and find Fritz (John Tenney) and Flynn hanging around, wrapped in skimpy towels?

** sigh **

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2013 9:17 PM

I'd love to see Raymond Cruz play gay. He's always the most macho guy in the room, even with other studs, so I'd like to see him play that same alpha dude, but gay. He was great on a "breaking Bad"episode, a couple years ago, as a demented drug lord

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2013 9:53 PM

Anything is better than Kyra's shitty, overbaked Southern accent. On The Closer, she was the female equivalent of David Caruso.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2013 12:19 AM

Is this thread about Stands With A Fist?

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2013 12:32 AM

I love Rusty. And Raydor's relationship with him is a lot of fun. Ditto the squad full of daddies and Uncles. Hate the ADA. What happened to the blonde? And now Tom Beringer as Raydor's husband is here. They have fun back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2013 12:46 AM

I'd watch any show with Flynn and Provenza.

BTW, the 8/5 episode (week after next) features Tim Conway, Ron Glass, Marion Ross, and Doris Roberts!

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2013 1:09 AM

Obviously a comedy episode. Not my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2013 3:29 AM

I can't stand watching an actor with an obvious fake accent, and Kyra seemed like she wandered off the set of "Mama's Family."

The worst southern accent since everyone in Steel Magnolias.

Julia Roberts is from the South, but still sucked at it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2013 4:23 AM

TNT is running a marathon of all 19 episodes of Season 2. Starts Sun. night/Mon. morning at 2AM. Leading up to the premiere of season 3 at 9PM.

And then followed by the premiere of the new Taye Diggs series, "Murder in the First."

I've been seeing a lot of stuff about "Murder in the First," but even the new EW that lists all the new summer programming doesn't mention "Major Crimes" at all.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2014 3:24 AM

I'm glad this is returning. Suits is returning Wednesday night

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2014 8:59 AM

I like it. The gay kid is cute (so is Buzz, the gay older guy).

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2014 12:53 PM

My one quibble with Buzz is that Philip Keane, the actor who plays him, is married to the show's creator James Duff. Their relationship predates the show(s) by many years, so I guess it's just good old Hollywood nepotism.

OTOH, they have the also openly-gay Jonathan Del Arco as the team's snarky medical examiner, and both the actor and character are just delightful.

And while I don't connect to the show quite as much as I did to "The Closer" it's hit me in the feels more than a few times.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Did anyone watch the season premiere? I'm surprised our resident Incest Troll hasn't chimed in, as it dealt with cousin-on-cousin love.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2014 7:58 PM

Wow, had no idea about Buzz and the creator, VOTN.

Here's the couple if anyone is wondering --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2014 9:26 PM

I wasn't overwhelmed by last night's premiere, but the rapport within the squad was still there and it's one of the reasons I watch.

I had been hoping that months would have past since the finale, but, it had only been weeks... at least that's what I surmise from a line given to Provenza.

If it had been months, I was hoping for some sort of development in what's going on between Flynn and Sharon and perhaps a new school year for Rusty.

Here's what I'm worried about this season... is Sanchez going to lose it and have to leave he squad? Man, his slow build to tossing the table in the interview room was something. Oh Julio, Julio, Julio...

And I just don't care about Rusty's mother. Crap, I thought we were past all of that drama.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2014 9:38 PM

[quote]months would have past

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2014 10:00 PM

I was surprised to see Freddie from "iCarly" playing a gay character in last season's finale. I thought he was a fundie Xian.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2014 4:13 AM

So, any opinions about Monday's episode? I liked it quite a bit, found the re-introduction of Rusty's mother surprisingly interesting. Poor kid's torn overloyalty and seeing through her actions at the same time.

Julio continues to be a concern... his outbursts and simmering anger and sadness have me thinking that he's going to explode later in the season, it won't be good. His crying at the end was well played.

Will Andy and Sharon have another outing together?

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2014 8:42 PM

I like MC a lot, great cast, well written stories and I am a fan of MMcD.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2014 8:52 PM

This has been a good season so far...

Rusty is out to the Major Case squad and they don't care.

Sharon is thinking of adopting Rusty, which is cool.

I think Sharon and Andy are going to start going more than just going out for dinner.

The last two case have been interesting as well.

Where's the love for this program?

And will someone please start a thread for Longmire on A&E? Damn that program has gotten really dark and violent this season. I think it should move to FX.

by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2014 9:19 PM

Rusty is adorable. I like this show although I wish Mary would cut her hair. She is too old to have it that length.

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2014 9:23 PM

MC is getting better and better. I like the social aspects of each story.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2014 9:26 PM

Why on earth does Sharon Raydor's not-ex-husband want to stay married? It makes no earthly sense.

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2014 9:26 PM

Most recent episode was really great... level of tension throughout. I thought the two cops in the opening were going to get shot - then I thought Fits (the delicious Jon Tenney) was going to be get it in the apartment building, I didn't expect Julio to be the one on the ground bleeding.

The editing during the final confrontation with the kidnapper was great.

Great ending as well at the station.

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Jonathan Del Arco plays medical examiner, who is gay, JDA born in Uruguay, openly gay, activist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 24, 2014 10:32 AM

R39 It was a good episode, but seemed to have "potential spinoff" written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2014 3:47 PM

JDA has been looking sickly this season. Anyone else notice?

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2014 3:51 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "spin off" with the two cops in the beginning, Andrea from the Walking Dead and Fritzie. John Tenney's other show was recently canceled so he is free to reprise his role as Fritz though it would be weird if Brenda moved to DC and he stayed in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2014 4:09 PM

Spin-off hadn't crossed my mind, but it's an interesting idea.

Has anyone read about the possibility of Major Crimes closing down or a re-shuffle of the cast?

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2014 1:29 PM

R44 Just renewed for the next season. It's a cable hit.

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2014 1:31 PM

It was a backdoor pilot.

TNT sent out a survey asking Major Crimes viewers what they thought about it.

With the exception of unfortunate plastic surgery victim Lindsay Price, I quite liked it.

by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2014 1:33 PM

[quote]Jonathan Del Arco plays medical examiner, who is gay, JDA born in Uruguay, openly gay, activist.

If you read his bio, it's kind of heartbreaking. When his family moved to the US, he grew up absolutely dirt poor, had a boyfriend die of AIDS, and he's an incredibly outspoken activist, on both progressive and LGBT issues.

He famously played Hugh of Borg on Star Trek: The Next Generation, and when Jeri Ryan made a guest appearance on Major Crimes last season, they took turns Tweeting Borg jokes at each other.

He seems like a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2014 1:37 PM

R47 Yeah, sad and inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2014 1:39 PM

Lindsay Price seems to be playing nearly the exact same role as the bitchy Latina D.A. they recently introduced.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2014 1:42 PM

[quote]Lindsay Price seems to be playing nearly the exact same role as the bitchy Latina D.A. they recently introduced

And then dumped, because audiences hated her.

I remember Lindsay Price from All My Children, but if I hadn't seen her name in the credits, I wouldn't have recognized her. I don't know if it's simple vanity, or if we should blame Curtis Stone.

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2014 3:42 PM

The only thing I blame Curtis Stone for is Aussie Hotness (and I don't mean cooking).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2014 4:09 PM

The young cop in the proposed spinoff was equally hot - Brock Harris.

He can spin right off into my bed right now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2014 4:11 PM

Can we time-share him, R52?

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2014 4:16 PM

Nice ending to last night's episode... I didn't expect Tao and Rusty's conversation at the party in Sharon's apartment.

Any opinion on how MC gives us really intense episodes (like last week's with the double homicide?) and then a light-hearted one like last night with Luke Perry?

Monday's have some good TV - I go from MC to Longmire (which has been very, very intense).

by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2014 10:00 AM

"Special Guest Star" Luke Perry? What did he ever do to deserve that billing?

And he's not aging well.

by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2014 5:54 PM

[quote]Nice ending to last night's episode... I didn't expect Tao and Rusty's conversation at the party in Sharon's apartment.

I loved Detective Sykes calling Rusty "Jump Street." I don't know if she's done that before, but it suited their relationship.

I did think it was kind of odd that they used the theme from the revival of "All My Children" as incidental music.

by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2014 12:55 AM

Absolutely spin-off. No other reason to introduce 3 or 4 new one-off characters and tie them to each other and to Fritz.

Seems kind of pointless. A special ops series really has nothing to do with the tone of either The Closer or Major Crimes.

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2014 2:47 AM

R56 I thought she called him "Jump Street" because Luke Perry mistook him for an undercover cop when he first met him.

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2014 2:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2014 6:04 AM

[quote]Okay...Battle Star G...I've never heard of it,

TROLLING TROLLING TROLLING

KEEP THOSE WAGONS TROLLING!

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2014 6:07 AM

I'm so happy they have Hobbs as the recurring DDA. That other girl was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2014 6:18 AM

R41, you are correct, and I think that was the intent. Have a look at this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2014 6:25 AM

I can't believe so many of you liked that spin-off episode. I thought it was the worst written, worst acted, and worst directed of the entire series. I was actually preparing to write an email to TNT in disgust.

I thought maybe a cast member had tried their hand at screenwriting, since it seemed so ham-handed, but was shocked to learn the series creator had written it. However, I did learn that the guy that plays Buzz is married to him.

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2014 8:27 AM

The spinoff is dead. The TNT survey came back hugely negative - viewers were incensed that Fritz (who ostensibly is still married to Brenda) would even look at another woman, or leave the FBI to work for LAPD.

Sorry Jon Tenney - you had your shot at a series with Rebecca Romaine and it didn't work - you don't get another chance by negating 6 seasons of THE CLOSER.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2014 5:16 AM

John Tenney keeps plugging away.

Hopefully he'll end up with another series.

Many years ago he got me hot on a short-lived program Brooklyn South (it started the same season as NYPD Blue).

He was so sexy on that show.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2014 9:47 AM

Isn't Jon Tenney still recurring as the VP on "Scandal"?

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2014 3:20 PM

Does anyone else here think there is a strong resemblance between Jon Tenney and Papa John's founder?

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2014 9:46 AM

[quote]The spinoff is dead. The TNT survey came back hugely negative - viewers were incensed that Fritz (who ostensibly is still married to Brenda) would even look at another woman, or leave the FBI to work for LAPD.

They could do it without Jon Tenney, though. Although it's a shame, because any man who could survive being married to Teri Hatcher in real life and Brenda Leigh Johnson on The Closer deserves some success of his own.

Major Crimes has been pulling some amazing ratings this season; a week or two ago they not only were the highest rated cable scripted series, they actually cracked the top 20 on the regular Neilsen ratings against the broadcast networks.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2014 10:27 AM

R68 well deserved success. I like McDonnell but never thought MC would be this brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2014 10:58 AM

I always thought The Closer was the better series, but I think MC has really hit its stride this season. Both shows are incredibly sharply-written and acted, and the way they've had the relationship with Rusty and Sharon evolve over the the course of the show has really hit me in a really primal place.

I think during the backdoor pilot episode, she had him cataloging all the photos of the missing girls, and then he said to her that he would like her to adopt him, because he wanted to know that if he were to end up like that that there would be someone to look for him, and she told him with equal parts love and steel "I would look for you and I would find you," that, big Mary that I am, made me a little teary-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2014 1:58 PM

They need more Hobbes.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2014 3:42 PM

We know the actor playing Buzz is gay - he's married to the producer. But when will the character come out - he's so nelly on camera it's impossible to believe he's straight. And with Rusty now coming out, it would be nice if Buzz spoke up and said "Me too!"

by Anonymousreply 72August 2, 2014 12:42 AM

I wish they'd bring back Devon Werkheiser as the Jump Street cop who was going to be Rusty's bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 73August 2, 2014 4:58 AM

[quote]I wish they'd bring back Devon Werkheiser as the Jump Street cop who was going to be Rusty's bodyguard.

I half expected him to end up as a love interest for Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 74August 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Wouldn't mind if they brought back Sgt. Gabriel. The show could use a little more male eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2014 5:49 AM

I never understood why Corey Reynolds left the show when most of the others (except for Sedgwick and JK Simmons) stayed on. All I know about him is that he was the original Seaweed in "Hairspray" (which I would've LOVED to have seen). So I couldn't figure out why he got second billing on the "The Closer". And what's he done since leaving?

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2014 6:00 AM

No, the love interest for Rusty should have been the gay friend (Noland Ammon) of the diplomat's daughter who was making eyes at him in the breakroom. Even Tao and Flynn noticed the eye flirting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2014 6:05 AM

Things haven't been too kind to Corey since The Closer. He was supposed to be in a new Fox show Delirium, but the show was canceled before it even aired.

I'm still curious if anyone knows why they let Gina Ravera go after Season 4? Did she and Kyra not get along?

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2014 6:14 AM

No posts about the season finale?

Sharon's shut down of Rusty's mother? man, the mother is piece of work, asking if rusty could turn some tricks to earn money for her bail. That poor kid.

Sykes' killing that guy in the barn?

Fitz being part of the LAPD?

I love the show, bummed that I have to wait until November for new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2014 12:10 PM

I loved the episode with Luke Perry as the clueless TV star - funny as hell, and the crime was a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2014 12:16 PM

Rusty got a little flirty with the SWAT cops assigned to protect him in tonight's episode. Not sure which one he preferred, the black one or white one. The white one was very cute though.

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2015 4:10 AM

I didn't care much for the show at first. The plea bargain every case to save money got tiresome and unrealistic. Love it now though, including the not so exciting family drama. Only changes I'd make is to have Raydor's hot older son on every episode, and for Rusty to make a successful move on any guy finally.

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2015 4:19 AM

Corey Reynolds has a good sized role in SELMA.

The white SWAT cop tonight was SMOKING.

For a moment there it looked like Jon Tenney's character was going to have another heart attack.

So this is it now until next summer? Will Sanchez be back or has this final beating been the end of his career?

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2015 5:10 AM

Yes, the two episodes were the season finale. It was nice to see Annie Potts as the astrologist they called in as a consultant.

I hope they give Rusty a boyfriend next season.

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2015 5:22 AM

I watched the finales tonight. Loved Annie Potts being all quirky as usual. And the blonde SWAT guy....beyond fucking hot as hell. Rusty should've asked for permanent protection to keep that hunk around.

by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2015 1:38 AM

Happy Valley and Scott and Bailey are two UK crime shows that are very soapy. Half of each episode is about the private lives of the cops, and half is about crime. They're the anti-Law and Order.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2015 1:46 AM

[quote] The plea bargain every case to save money got tiresome and unrealistic.

Sorry, but in real life, the vast majority of criminal cases are plea bargained to save money. So it may be tiresome, but it's certainly not unrealistic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2015 1:48 AM

The last scene would make me think twice about ever becoming an Uber driver.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2015 1:51 AM

Hot white SWAT cop was Brock Harris. He was in the gay-themed movie "G.B.F."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2015 5:01 AM

Hot black SWAT cop was played by Hampton Fluker. No gay-themed movies in his credits, unless you count "Whitney."

I don't know how Rusty could choose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2015 5:06 AM

Both SWAP cop actors are good looking, I would like to have them both.

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2015 2:52 PM

Major Crimes returned last night. Damn I really like the show. It's like comfort food. It might not be the most cutting edge tv out there but practically everything about it is enjoyable. You feel like you're watching a well-oiled machine and that in itself already makes you feel good.

When I searched for this thread obviously threads about The Closer and Kyra Sedgwick leaving came up. I liked her but I prefer the current situation in Major Crimes where the focus seems to be more on the team and the cases. Or maybe I'm just imagining it since I started getting annoyed by Brenda's parents and all her personal stuff in The Closer towards the end. Mary McDonnell's Sharon Raydor was annoying in The Closer, obviously written that way, but I'm loving her in Major Crimes. McDonnell's face got pulled slightly too tight which has been distracting a bit but it seems to be easing up now. I've grown to like Rusty as well. I missed the first season when he came on and didn't see his teen hustler backstory but I guess I'll watch it at some point.

by Anonymousreply 92November 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Yeah, I always watch Major Crimes though I'm not a huge fan of McDonnell. What I love about the show is the teamwork and chemistry of the entire cast. The Rusty subplot annoys me and takes up too much time, but I bet the fraus who watch the show eat it up. It is a well done, well acted, scripted drama (with self-referential humor), something I appreciate, especially on basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 93November 3, 2015 2:46 PM

What bugs me about Rusty is his bowl haircut. He's in college now, so can't he lose the little boy 'do? Also, they should let him mature a little more. I like that he has come out and is dating men, but why not show him going on dates? The journalism plot line is boring but I do when they focus on his relationships with father figures/mentors (Provenza and now the Judge).

by Anonymousreply 94November 3, 2015 7:10 PM

*but I do like

by Anonymousreply 95November 3, 2015 7:12 PM

R92 Well put, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 96November 3, 2015 7:30 PM

R92, you can watch Rusty's backstory in the last episode of THE CLOSER on Amazon Video. It's Season 7, Episode 21, "The Last Word."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 10, 2016 7:20 PM

"Major Crimes" returns this Monday (2/15) on TNT.

by Anonymousreply 98February 10, 2016 7:29 PM

r97 Lots of shirtless Rusty in that last episode of The Closer.

by Anonymousreply 99February 10, 2016 7:35 PM

I had underwear like Rusty's when I was a twink. My first boyfriend used to make me do a striptease number it turned him so "on."

by Anonymousreply 100February 10, 2016 7:36 PM

Am I to understand DiTomasso is gonna be a regular now or what?

by Anonymousreply 101September 27, 2016 7:42 PM

Yea, a Major Crimes thread. I love the show... oh Julio, will you ever find some happiness? Andy, Andy, Andy... is it just indigestion or a really bad ticker? What will Tao do on his off-hours if "Blood on the Badge" gets cancelled? And Fritz, you've become quite heavy - is Brenda at home cookin' up some southern food? Lay-off it buddy, you're way to sexy to go the Pope route.

Anyone wonder if the sex Amy and Chuck Cooper have is hot? I think she digs sex and is pretty demanding, which he secretly digs.

I'm getting tired of Rusty, his mother, and Gus. Not in a "begone!" way, but fewer episode appearances.

I wish Buzz's sister had been included in the season fianle when his father's murder was solved. Just for continuity... she was on at least one episode when this was The Closer.

Now that Taylor's dead, rumor is that Camryn Manheim (who was go good on Person of Interest) may be joining the cast.

by Anonymousreply 102September 27, 2016 8:41 PM

Love Rusty. Wish mom would OD.

by Anonymousreply 103September 27, 2016 8:51 PM

I like the social aspects of the episodes. Mary McDonnell leads excellent cast.

by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2016 9:02 PM

Is Graham Patrick Martin (Rusty) gay?

by Anonymousreply 105September 28, 2016 12:31 AM

Is DiTomasso going to play Rusty's boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 106September 28, 2016 12:33 AM

Rusty already has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 107September 28, 2016 12:40 AM

To hell with Rusty. DiTomasso should play the hot SWAT guy's boyfriend. Panty pudding overflow

by Anonymousreply 108September 28, 2016 3:44 PM

R108 Who is DiTomasso?

by Anonymousreply 109September 28, 2016 5:14 PM

Daniel DiTomasso plays Detective Wes Nolan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 28, 2016 5:18 PM

as good as major crimes is, the closer was so so so much fucking better i mean could you see mary winning an emmy for this?

by Anonymousreply 111September 28, 2016 5:29 PM

I couldn't stand Brenda Johnson. And neither is that good a show.

by Anonymousreply 112September 28, 2016 5:42 PM

R112, I enjoyed The Closer (but Brenda Lee drove me nuts as well), think the writers did a great job of bringing Mary McDonnell into the show and morphing it into Major Crimes.

While neither is ground-breaking or publicity-generating behemoth, the characters are uniformly great, the acting's very good and after so many years, spending an hour with MC is often like visiting old friends. Yes, I know they're characters and fictional, but over the years I've become interested in what will happen next.

by Anonymousreply 113September 28, 2016 8:14 PM

R110 Thanks, he is hot! He needs gay lover in the series. R111 I think Major Crimes is much better than Closer, which I couldn't watch.

by Anonymousreply 114September 28, 2016 9:47 PM

but mrs Brenda lee won a golden globe and Emmy so suck on that

by Anonymousreply 115September 29, 2016 2:57 PM

This is coming back next Wednesday - on a new night. Anyone going to watch?

by Anonymousreply 116February 15, 2017 3:53 AM

R116 Yes, every episode. Excellent series.

by Anonymousreply 117February 15, 2017 5:53 AM

Back on tonight after a long hiatus - will see how it fares on Wednesdays. Not always a sign of support by the network when they shift nights on a show. It has been picked up for a limited season 6, and it makes me wonder if that will be it's final season.

by Anonymousreply 118February 22, 2017 10:06 PM

I'm in agreement with the OP... the cases on The Closer were fascinating - but Brenda and her insecurities drove me nuts. What Fritz saw in her I just don't know. While I dig Andy and Sharon as a couple, I wish she and Fritz had taken a turn together.

Looking forward to tonight's episode! Oh Julio, my Julio - will you be thinner and sexier? Will the writers FINALLY give you some decent lovin? You're gonna need a woman in your life if that white-supremecist brat is still in your care. And Andy - is he DOA or out of the hospital and stranded in the condo under Rusty and Gus' care?

So many questions!

by Anonymousreply 119February 22, 2017 10:15 PM

They gayest show on television. Plus excellent writing and acting.

by Anonymousreply 120February 22, 2017 10:20 PM

I would have loved to have seen a Fritz/Sharon coupling!! You don't see Brenda anyways, just throw a line in about how they divorced! And the ship name - SHITZ would be excellent!!

(actually Sharon and Brenda would have made a good pair - there was so much sexual tension in that last season of the Closer)

Julio is a cutie / Rusty wears on my nerves / kill Andy off / more Provenza.

by Anonymousreply 121February 22, 2017 10:20 PM

It just ain't the closer, the closer was gritty with crimes that at times were exceptionally difficult to solve, Brenda was lovable her little quirks where great having a giant purse with her at all times, being a chocoholic and the way she'd always say thank you when meant fuck you, loved it all. but major crimes is pretty dull at times it seems to NCIS like it's being made to different audience from the closer and yet it's still made by the same cast and crew as the closer and speaking of the cast what the hell happened to their characters it's like their characters have had a personality transplant.

by Anonymousreply 122February 22, 2017 10:21 PM

Andy and Provenza need to acknowledge the love they have long denied.

by Anonymousreply 123February 22, 2017 10:39 PM

It's too late, now that Provenza has jungle fever.

by Anonymousreply 124February 22, 2017 10:57 PM

How was last night's episode? Are they still hyping "Shandy"? I read yesterday that S5 will be released to dvd May 30th.

by Anonymousreply 125February 23, 2017 5:33 PM

They put this on DVD R125?

Why?

Isn't the 14,297 times they show each episode enough?

by Anonymousreply 126February 23, 2017 5:35 PM

I don't have cable R126, so I wait for shows to come on Netflix or pick them up on dvd. Is MC in syndication?? I know from hotel stays that one of the channels is basically the L&O: SVU / NCIS channel.

by Anonymousreply 127February 23, 2017 5:40 PM

I watch it on DVD, too. Fuck off if you don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 128February 23, 2017 5:48 PM

I think it's in syndication. I've seen it (and "The Closer") on a local station on weekend afternoons.

by Anonymousreply 129February 23, 2017 7:36 PM

I'm glad hottie Daniel Di Tomasso (Det. Nolan) is back. He also had a recurring role on "Timeless."

by Anonymousreply 130February 23, 2017 7:37 PM

Sorry -- meant to include a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 23, 2017 7:40 PM

I've been waiting for the case where they have to solve Rusty's murder.

I usually FF through his useless stories anyway.

by Anonymousreply 132February 23, 2017 7:45 PM

R132 I only watched this for Rusty... though he has become too domestic to be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 133February 23, 2017 9:06 PM

I think many of us are too old to care about young gayling Rusty and Gus (I don't know what Gus sees in Rusty - is Rusty a hot to get fucked bottom and Gus is a total top?). Plus, how many of us (I'm 54) have actually followed Rusty's vlog? It's up and running on the MC facebook page, but I just scroll past it. It's an interesting concept, designed (I think) to get a different angle on cases.

by Anonymousreply 134February 23, 2017 9:35 PM

R134 Not all viewers are old, although this show with a positively ancient cast compared to some other shows does cater to an older audience. Boring Gus is the worst thing to happen to Rusty. In the earlier seasons, Rusty used to eye up cute guys like a thirsty man in the desert. That always amused me.

by Anonymousreply 135February 23, 2017 10:10 PM

So this happened...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 24, 2017 9:03 PM

Gus is a real cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 24, 2017 10:00 PM

R136 Mary is excellent. Her voice when she plays serious and dangerous is so captivate.

by Anonymousreply 138February 24, 2017 10:26 PM

Is r131 Rusty's boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 24, 2017 10:34 PM

No R139 - R137 is - his name is Gus.

by Anonymousreply 140February 24, 2017 10:41 PM

R131 is Detective Norton; he's a new guy who'd been undercover for five years and ended up being assigned to the Major Crimes unit just before the mid-season break.

by Anonymousreply 141February 24, 2017 10:45 PM

Thanks, R140 and R141. Detective Norton looks delicious.

by Anonymousreply 142February 24, 2017 10:56 PM

R142 Hopefully he will stay as a regular.

by Anonymousreply 143February 24, 2017 11:01 PM

R139 Rusty wishes.

by Anonymousreply 144February 24, 2017 11:12 PM

Unfortunately I heard that whiney Rusty is the favorite character of the show's creator, apparently there's a lot of himself in whiney Rusty. So it looks like whiney Rusty is here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 145February 27, 2017 3:00 PM

Rusty is the only reason I watch. The writing is rather ho-hum.

by Anonymousreply 146February 27, 2017 3:19 PM

Well, I guess we know that the big showdown storyline is going to be the return of Stroh... do you think we'll have an extra-special appearance of Kyra Sedgwick by the last episode?

by Anonymousreply 147February 27, 2017 4:00 PM

I was thinking about that this morning R147. Kyra could do what George Clooney did on ER - show up, no fanfare, big mystery. Maybe Sharon runs into her at the store or Stroh kidnaps Brenda/Fritz?

Rusty is whiny - he's a human chihuahua.

by Anonymousreply 148February 27, 2017 8:18 PM

[quote]Rusty is whiny - he's a human chihuahua.

The dog is the only reason I ever went to Taco Bell, you lizard.

by Anonymousreply 149February 27, 2017 8:28 PM

I started watching this show because of Rusty. His romance with Gus is believable and entertaining. It's great that they are showing a normally developing relationship amid the lurid and grisly murders the unit has to investigate.

I bet these bitches complaining about him are the same idiots who complain about the portrayal of gay men on TV. Nothing will ever satisfy these queens. They need to be ignored.

by Anonymousreply 150February 27, 2017 8:50 PM

I like Gus just fine, it is the way Rusty constantly interrupts everyone with what he thinks is some urgent issue that is yet another whiny plea. Buzz needs to take him into the electronics room and give him a good pounding.

And I love that R150 is complaining about how gays are portrayed on TV. You realize the actor who plays Rusty is straight, right? A gay show runner cast a straight actor to play a character who is gay. And I'm wrong for saying he's a whiny fucker.

by Anonymousreply 151February 27, 2017 9:04 PM

R148 He has grown whinier the more domesticated he became with each season. When he was still a spunky street boy prostitute, he still had an edge. They should have Stroh kill his useless prop of a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 152February 27, 2017 9:09 PM

I think this season will be the last. side note I wish Kyra would guest star on an episode or two or three.

by Anonymousreply 153February 28, 2017 7:42 PM

They got picked up for a 13 episode season 6 - isn't a 6 year contract pretty standard? I think it will be the last also.

Saw a FB live chat with Jon Tenney (Fritz) last week where he said that if the first year of The Closer were kindergarten, then they would all be entering college right now. Interesting perspective!

by Anonymousreply 154February 28, 2017 7:56 PM

Well if you think about it the cast have been together for 12 years that's a long time for an actor to be playing the same role.

by Anonymousreply 155February 28, 2017 8:00 PM

R155 They should be thanking their luck stars they have a gig for 12 years and it's not soap.

by Anonymousreply 156February 28, 2017 8:07 PM

R155 - Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 157February 28, 2017 8:15 PM

Nice preview from James Duff about tonight's episode. They got stomped in the ratings last week by Criminal Minds and L&O:SVU. MC was moved off of Monday's because of the March Madness games TNT will have then, but I don't think Weds are the best option for them. Feels like the new leaders at TNT are trying to sink this long running franchise in order to bring in newer shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 1, 2017 5:59 PM

Anyone watch tonight? Did they link Gus to Stroh in some manner?

by Anonymousreply 159March 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Review of last night's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 2, 2017 10:12 PM

R160 The reviewer hates Gus as much as I do! Rusty needs to date around or hang out with friends his own age, instead of settling down with the first older guy who came into this life.

by Anonymousreply 161March 2, 2017 10:30 PM

I liked that the reviewer says that Rusty should go to law school back East. Now if he could only take Andy with him...

They should write in that Brenda and Fritz are divorced and have him and Sharon be a couple. Shandy isn't believable. She is way too strong for his indecisive ass.

by Anonymousreply 162March 2, 2017 11:05 PM

I wish Gus had been a character involved only with solving his sister's murder. If he and Rusty had hooked up fine, but end it there.

I like the Rusty character, but am bored with the amount of screen time he receives. A few episodes without him would go a long way.

Andy and Sharon? Fine, but I didn't understand Fritz and Brenda during The Closer years. She was just awful over time.

Good episode, took a surprising turn... Julio, my Julio - such self control. Nice camera work of showing him with that foster brat from last season.

by Anonymousreply 163March 3, 2017 9:00 PM

2.28m viewers for this week's episode. Up from 1,93m last week

by Anonymousreply 164March 3, 2017 9:16 PM

R163 Rusty is boring because the show has turned him into a pod person. They won't even let him have a normal young person's social life by saddling him with that sad sack Gus.

by Anonymousreply 165March 3, 2017 9:33 PM

R165, I think we forget that Rusty's background is pretty screwed up... he wouldn't know how to have a normal young person's social life. When i think about it, many of his scenes show him trying to navigate a "normal" world.

by Anonymousreply 166March 4, 2017 3:32 PM

I like the relationship that has developed between Sharon and Rusty - him learning to trust someone ever time, and her being the steadiness he needed to advance emotionally. IMO, Provenza is a better father-figure for Rusty than Flynn. He's grizzled, but does really care about Rusty. Flynn couldn't manage to raise his own daughter.

by Anonymousreply 167March 4, 2017 6:09 PM

Watching this now on some Sat afternoon syndication. Have to say, for her being almost 65 - Mary McDonnell has a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 168March 4, 2017 10:34 PM

On tonight - can someone watch and tell me what Rusty whines about this week? TIA !

by Anonymousreply 169March 8, 2017 7:22 PM

I watch it because Mary is a brilliant actor and the ensemble is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 170March 8, 2017 7:26 PM

R169 I wish Rusty would whine about his sex life (or lack thereof), but unfortunately, it's usually bullshit related to the case of the week or white trash family issues.

by Anonymousreply 171March 8, 2017 9:23 PM

I wish Rusty would do a DP scene in the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 172March 8, 2017 11:26 PM

R172 DP with whom? Gus is pretty much an asexual character.

by Anonymousreply 173March 8, 2017 11:55 PM

Saw an interview on FB with James Duff the show runner where he was saying something about possibly getting Buzz a GF. Really? Rusty came out but not Buzz?!?

by Anonymousreply 174March 9, 2017 12:42 AM

Buzz has no buzz about him.

by Anonymousreply 175March 9, 2017 12:44 AM

Have we ever been told Buzz is gay?

by Anonymousreply 176March 9, 2017 12:50 AM

R176 We need to be told? Maybe he needs to be told, but the viewers don't.

by Anonymousreply 177March 9, 2017 12:56 AM

So they are going with Buzz is straight, while the actor is gay. In contrast, Rusty is gay but the actor is straight... Totally makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 178March 9, 2017 1:38 AM

And Buzz is the husband of the gay show runner.

by Anonymousreply 179March 9, 2017 3:44 AM

How was the episode last night?

by Anonymousreply 180March 9, 2017 6:12 PM

2.48 million viewers. 18-49: 0.3

by Anonymousreply 181March 9, 2017 9:27 PM

The new night is picking up for them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 10, 2017 2:50 AM

No whining from Rusty. He got a nice vote of confidence from a judge who viewers have me previously.

Julio, my Julio was reunited with the white-supremecist brat from last season. The kid ran away from his family...

Good episode, nothing "big" happened... oh, except I just realized how heavy Flynn has gotten over time.

by Anonymousreply 183March 10, 2017 9:01 AM

I loved the moment last week when the gay ME gave Nolan a big fuck-me smile.

by Anonymousreply 184March 10, 2017 9:25 AM

[quote] Feels like the new leaders at TNT are trying to sink this long running franchise in order to bring in newer shows.

If that's the case, they're doing a piss-poor job -- the show is second only to The Walking Dead in total viewers for scripted cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 185March 10, 2017 11:29 AM

**snort** R184, I saw that as well! MC is full of those little glances and exchanges between characters. To me it's a sign that the actors have worked together for a long time and are adding color to many of the scenes...

by Anonymousreply 186March 10, 2017 4:19 PM

I had read that R185, and James Duff made a reference to them "adapting to changes" at the network, It took FOREVER for them to renew for S6. I think the new TNT heads are ageist AF, and looking at the cheaper "reality" shows as a way to increase viewership. They don't realize the worth of a devoted fan base - especially an older one.

by Anonymousreply 187March 10, 2017 7:06 PM

They have already ended Rizzoli and Isles. Season 7 of R&I was still getting over 4m viewers and 0.5-0.6 rating in the 18-49 demo. They have trying to go for the "edgier" route but almost all new series have bombed. They renewed the series starring Lady Mary from Downton Abbey, which wasn't even getting 1m viewers.

by Anonymousreply 188March 10, 2017 7:38 PM

I think they're scared because FX, which is essentially Fox's counterpart to Warner Bros.' TNT, is eating their lunch in terms of new and trendy programming.

by Anonymousreply 189March 10, 2017 10:30 PM

R189 TNT might have to rebrand itself to cast off the senior citizen network rep, kind of like how ABC Family renamed itself Freefrom last year.

by Anonymousreply 190March 10, 2017 11:45 PM

They will sink themselves if they push out the senior citizens. The Closer made their network, and Major Crimes is keeping their viewers.

by Anonymousreply 191March 11, 2017 4:54 PM

R191 Is right.

by Anonymousreply 192March 11, 2017 5:54 PM

OMG - seriously?!? #Shandy - Noooooooo! Fuck.

Maybe they'll have Andy have another heart attack, and kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 193March 16, 2017 7:25 AM

Rusty was so close to that balcony, I though he was going off. Alas no.

by Anonymousreply 194March 16, 2017 8:29 PM

The 3/15 episode was to be one of MC's humorous episodes - it really didn't work. The episode was very 'soft' all around, which is fine, as long as the next few are grittier. Did anyone else know the ME was hispanic? I sure didn't...

Any opinion Sharon's reaction to Andy? Julio, my Julio... happily ever after with the kid? Why no Malcolm-Jamal Warner yet this season?

by Anonymousreply 195March 16, 2017 9:23 PM

On Twitter, Mary may have misspoke last night, "It's so exciting to be engaged!!!❤️" Thought that was to be a cliffhanger for next week's episode? Ooops. I did know the ME was from Uruguay - he is a cutie! Gym rat though.

Can they send Rusty off with a fabulous scholarship (sponsored by the judge) to a law school on the other side of the world? Take Gus too.

Poll on the episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 16, 2017 9:35 PM

The whole latinXXX daddio shit was too cheesy. The hot dumb dumb pilot was hot, tho. I like Rusty, but he really needs a super horny bf with boundary issues.

by Anonymousreply 197March 17, 2017 3:32 PM

Why would you get read of one of very few gay characters on tv, R196? I know that Rusty is disliked by some viewers, but idgaf. I like Rusty and Gus together.

by Anonymousreply 198March 17, 2017 3:41 PM

I like Rusty, period. He's the only reason I watched this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 199March 17, 2017 3:43 PM

They don't need to get rid of Rusty completely, just help him pursue his dreams somewhere else. He's always hanging around MC whining. Send him off to school, and have him call in to Sharon every week, or show him and Gus in a new city - potential spin off for the younger viewer seeking TNT. Major Crimes should be about police work for at least 50% of the show and it hasn't been.

by Anonymousreply 200March 17, 2017 8:03 PM

Tonight on Major Crimes: Rusty presents hole. Gus shocked. Provenza tells him to put it away. Andy keels over, and #Shandy is no more.

Emmy nominated episode right there!

by Anonymousreply 201March 22, 2017 5:39 PM

Did she say "Yes"?

by Anonymousreply 202March 23, 2017 1:49 AM

R202 Yes, a crime drama shouldn't allow its characters to be happy and content. Break up Gusty and Shandy!

by Anonymousreply 203March 23, 2017 2:59 AM

Gusty - meh. Shandy is unromantic and boring as fuck. Sharon had more passion with Jack the drunk ex husband!! At least their scenes together weren't putting me to sleep. And what kind of work did Tony Denison have done to his face? He looks like he can't blink now.

by Anonymousreply 204March 23, 2017 3:25 AM

I'd like a show about Rusty without all this cop drama. It's not really a very well-written program. Rusty is the only truly interesting character, if you're me.

by Anonymousreply 205March 23, 2017 11:01 PM

R205 Rusty hasn't been interesting since he became a law-abiding citizen. But he is looking good this season in his big boy suit...

by Anonymousreply 206March 23, 2017 11:16 PM

"big boy suit"?

by Anonymousreply 207March 23, 2017 11:19 PM

At least he didn't say "big boy panties," R207.

by Anonymousreply 208March 23, 2017 11:19 PM

R208 Gus wears the panties in that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 209March 23, 2017 11:32 PM

R209 - I think they are both panty wearers.

by Anonymousreply 210March 24, 2017 12:35 AM

R210 They share panties... like lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 211March 24, 2017 4:51 AM

I think they're both pantywaists.

by Anonymousreply 212March 24, 2017 4:53 AM

If Rusty got together with Sharon's son, Ricky, who appeared in this week's episode, would it be incest?

by Anonymousreply 213March 24, 2017 5:10 AM

Not technically R213. What did they bring Ricky back for - the #Shandy storyline?

by Anonymousreply 214March 24, 2017 5:15 AM

R214 Spoiler

Yep. Ricky was a plot device in the stupid Shandy storyline. He blabbed the engagement news to the whole team before Shandy could tell them, reported that he and Sharon's daughter strong-armed their father Jack to agree to annul Sharon's and Jack's marriage, and got Andy's ex-wife to annul her and Andy's marriage, all so Sharon can have a Catholic church wedding. The show was pandering to the old fogie audience who still cared about such thing.

by Anonymousreply 215March 24, 2017 5:30 AM

Oh gawdammmittt R215 - not for the spoiler - I keep hoping that Andy will have that full blown heart attack before the wedding happens. Am surprised with the church wedding, can't see Andy as still being Catholic. On FB yesterday James Duff was saying that next season's theme is "Faith", so this will tie in. Hating this story line. Although, if they get married, maybe Andy will retire? They had the wedding for the show already with Provenza, so I can't see why this is being pushed. If they want to increase ratings - have Rusty and Gus marry (in the church!).

by Anonymousreply 216March 24, 2017 5:38 AM

R216 Has it been renewed? Maybe next one is the last. When a show pushes a "happy ending" type storyline, then it must be near the end of its life cycle. I have given up hope there is anything but an eventual wedding for Shandy, but I am still hoping Gus would have some skeletons in the closet that will cause some drama. Despite being introduced as a Latino character with a ghetto background, Gus has all but become a goody two shoes character who's as exciting as white bread. Or maybe they can just have Stroh come back and off Gus!

by Anonymousreply 217March 24, 2017 5:50 AM

They did renew it for 13? episodes. Starts again in Sept. This season only has 3 episodes left, so I don't see a wedding as the finale. I do think Stroh is coming back soon, and I would imagine that there will be a major character death. If it's Fritz, we might even see Brenda. Wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 218March 24, 2017 5:57 AM

R218 Speaking of death... Provenza did say to Sykes that he might outlive her! Foreshadowing? lol

Skyes: No matter what, Lieutenant, I promise to go to your funeral.

Provenza: What makes you so sure I am going first?

by Anonymousreply 219March 24, 2017 6:08 AM

Several weeks ago, if not more, I saw Kyra on Watch What Happens Live. The Closer only came up when someone called in and asked about a guest appearance as Brenda on Major Crimes. She was pretty short with the caller. Thank you, but no....was essentially her answer.

When The Closer ended, I had grown so attached to the Brenda character that only watched M.C. to see the others. The show has grown on me though and I look forward to it every week.

I think we can pretty much take her at word.

by Anonymousreply 220March 24, 2017 10:12 AM

Do you think she had a falling out with TNT, or she's just done with Brenda? It must be aggravating to be asked about a character you haven't portrayed in years when you have new projects going on. Although Mary hits all those Comic Cons and loves the adoration for Laura Roslin from BG.

by Anonymousreply 221March 24, 2017 4:17 PM

R221 She was perfect in BSG.

by Anonymousreply 222March 24, 2017 4:26 PM

Ratings are improving again this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 24, 2017 11:21 PM

R223 Why is the hot stud former undercover cop even on this show? He is way too young and handsome and make all the other guys look like trolls when they stand next to him...

by Anonymousreply 224March 24, 2017 11:24 PM

I don't know if he's supposed to be straight or not R224, but someone in that squad needs to be banging him!! Andrea, Buzz, or even Sharon! Get it girl!

by Anonymousreply 225March 24, 2017 11:34 PM

R225 And if he's gay, Rusty, go get it. Gus who?

by Anonymousreply 226March 24, 2017 11:42 PM

Also before becoming so domesticated, Rusty would be awkwardly ogling the new cop Wes Nolan every chance he got. Just found out the actor is Daniel Di Tomasso who was Killian on Witches of East End, no wonder he seemed so familiar.

by Anonymousreply 227March 24, 2017 11:53 PM

The only thing I like about this boring show is Rusty. Rusty and Gus are really cute together. They need more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 228March 25, 2017 1:09 PM

On tonight - only a couple of shows left this season. Not sure if Stroh will make an appearance, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 229March 29, 2017 3:43 PM

There's no satisfying some of you queens. You bitch if there are no gays on a show but when there are openly gay men on a show who are in a stable, loving relationship, you whine and moan and call them "domesticated" and boring. And if Rusty were portrayed as sexually active with multiple partners, you'd probably bitch about him being a slutty gay stereotype. No wonder there's so few visible gays on TV. They can't win with you people.

by Anonymousreply 230March 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Is Dr Morales in a relationship? He and Buzz could happen.

by Anonymousreply 231March 29, 2017 7:33 PM

R231 I've thought it, too. Could happen.

by Anonymousreply 232March 29, 2017 8:31 PM

Will Provenza retire before the series ends?

by Anonymousreply 233March 30, 2017 5:59 PM

They've never said that Buzz is gay.

by Anonymousreply 234March 30, 2017 8:53 PM

R234 Do they have to?

by Anonymousreply 235March 30, 2017 8:55 PM

Just sat through this. Raymond/James were asked if there would be a resolution to the Rusty/Stroh story line, and he kept saying "Yes - they're getting married!" and making James flip out. Ray also said that his character isn't a fan of Shandy, and was listing off other characters who weren't. Good. Rethink that shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 30, 2017 9:02 PM

How many episodes are left in the current series? If seems they've set-up a number plot lines to be resolved... Stroh making his way west (will he return to LA?), Provenza and his retirement, Winnie Driver and the search for a new ass't chief (will Manheim become a regular int the future?)...

by Anonymousreply 237March 31, 2017 10:08 AM

I think there is two left - a two part episode again. S6 I believe got a 13 episode order, so far.

Hadn't heard if Manheim is on for past S5. Maybe they will wrap that story line. I have a feeling they might kill off a regular before the end of the run. They are supposedly having 4-6 episode arcs to prolong some of the stories in S6.

by Anonymousreply 238March 31, 2017 7:33 PM

The Stroh subplot was so awkwardly done this season... and so briefly, blink and you'll miss it. I wonder why they bothered. Provenza should take the job for a year and drive everyone crazy before he retires.

by Anonymousreply 239March 31, 2017 9:47 PM

Notes on tonight's episode from James Duff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 5, 2017 8:06 PM

R239, you wrote, "The Stroh subplot was so awkwardly done this season... and so briefly, blink and you'll miss it. "

i don't think that the case at all. It's been brought up by Fritz to Sharon... it was mentioned again, and then last week discussed btw Sharon and Andy, where an update on Stroh's travels (he's heading west).

It's more of a slow burn, building up (hopefully) to something big.

by Anonymousreply 241April 5, 2017 8:27 PM

Someone gets injured in the promo for tonight (an officer down cry is heard) - could Stroh be back?

by Anonymousreply 242April 5, 2017 8:50 PM

Raymond Cruz is really cute when he smiles -- which happens almost never in "Major Crimes." So thanks to R236 for the picture.

by Anonymousreply 243April 5, 2017 9:22 PM

Good episode last night... bombings and the reason for them are mystifying right now.

Good TBC ending.

Rusty's still way too self-centered and childish. Stay in Napa Gus, you'll be happier.

by Anonymousreply 244April 6, 2017 10:09 AM

R224 Please let this be the end of Gusty! Probably wishful thinking since the show is making it seem like another bump in the road of their "true love". Rusty is looking fine these days, though. The yuppie look suits him. He should hook up with Nolan, whose pecs always look like they want to bust out of his shirt. The best scene of this episode was when Sharon got mad at Nolan and the crew. Haven't seen her this worked up for a while.

by Anonymousreply 245April 6, 2017 4:38 PM

R245 Darth Raydor was back!

by Anonymousreply 246April 6, 2017 7:55 PM

R245, yes, Sharon reading the riot act to the squad was great, BUT Sharon staring down Winnie Driver (as the MC staff filed out and stood behind Sharon) was excellent. Q U I E T standoff.

by Anonymousreply 247April 6, 2017 9:48 PM

Did really well in the ratings last night. Also, there's a poll it's running neck and neck with The Blacklist for first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 7, 2017 4:02 AM

R247 Except I find Winnie too much of a stock villain type introduced out of the blue with really scant motivation, so I wasn't too drawn in by the hallway confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 249April 7, 2017 4:13 AM

Preview for tomorrow's season finale (that was almost the series finale!). James Duff says that 'someone's love life may explode' - as much as I want it to be Shandy, it will be Gus and Rusty. Which would leave Rusty open to date that new cute detective next season!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 11, 2017 11:59 PM

Since the cute new detective has never been made a regular, he might not be back next season. He might even die.

by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2017 12:15 AM

R251 That would be a waste. This show full of old geezers could use some eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 252April 12, 2017 4:44 AM

200th episode talk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 12, 2017 5:28 AM

Character evolution talk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 12, 2017 5:30 AM

Anyone die tonight?

by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2017 6:20 AM

Ugh - Shandy wedding next season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2017 5:40 PM

Will Rusty be the flower girl?

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2017 7:11 PM

Only if he can have an anxiety attack about his dress R257

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2017 7:34 PM

R255, no one died in the final season.

Well, Rusty certainly got a good take down from the restaurant owner who employees Gus, didn't he? I wonder if we'll learn next season if Gus decides to start sleeping with the boss.

I'm disappointed in how little screen time Camryn Manheim had - there was a big announcement that she had joined the cast.

Was the Stroh storyline completely discarded or is that the big story arc for next season?

by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2017 12:30 PM

Do we have to use portmanteaux? This isn't iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2017 12:36 PM

I think the Stroh story line is next season. Watched the live talk on FB yesterday, and James Duff said they're doing multi-episodes arcs (per what TNT wants!) for the 13 episode order for S6. It really sounds like Duff is following what ever TNT asks in order to keep the show afloat for another year. He kept referring to fitting into their schedule, etc. Our earlier discussion of that network trying to "go younger" appears to be true. I think it will backfire - MC has a strong and vocal fanbase that is older than the 35 and younger demographic.

by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2017 4:30 PM

R261 If by going younger, they mean adding eye candy like hunky Nolan, that's not a bad thing. Can someone explain the different ranks to me? So since Sharon was promoted to commander, does that mean she won't be leading the investigation every week, and does this mean Provenza gets the nice office and will be the boss of the others?

R259 Surprised the show gave so much time to the Gusty breakup (Gus just doesn't know it yet). I wonder if the older audience members who seem to love this show have to look away when the gay stuff come up.

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2017 4:49 PM

Based on what I read on other websites, they most surely do, R262.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2017 4:54 PM

R262, R263 - I don't (73yr. old woman - a grown up)

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2017 5:37 PM

R264 Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2017 5:39 PM

Try as they might they just can't make Buzz interesting. I'm sure he's a nice guy but the obvious efforts to grow him into the group just falls flat. Both Rusty and Buzz have been getting more and more story lines and I'd rather see more of Raymond and his evolving story-line; the new chief looks interesting too.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2017 6:17 PM

R226 Buzz is short for Buzzkill.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2017 6:34 PM

R262 I think the Commander is more of a liaison rank. It's what Taylor was before he was an Asst. Chief . I have thought for awhile that it's pretty unrealistic to have 3 lieutenants in a squad of 5 people. In terms of promoting, Provenza would be the obvious choice, but I think he'll retire. GW said yesterday that they'll have more with him and Patrice next season, so maybe? Flynn is still damaged physically, and wouldn't make a good Captain. Tao could work though, but he is way more valuable in the field.

Buzz as a character only evolved as far as he has because he is married to the shows creator!! That character would never have been as prominent otherwise, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2017 6:41 PM

R268, would Tao have the time to be the squad's captain? think of his off-hours consulting on "Blood on the Badge"!

If anything, The Closer to Major Crimes has given Duff the long term opportunity to develop characters, which is fun to watch. Here's one thing I'm curious about (and yea, it's minor) - in previous seasons Sykes was dating a cop played by Malcolm Jamal-Warner. She said she had a boyfriend in a recent episode, but no MJW on screen - I'd like to see that either develop or set her up with someone else.

Lastly, would they FINALLY give Julio a girlfriend? Jesus, enough! Some small, former white-supremicist brat can't possibly be satisfying to Sanchez!

by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2017 9:59 PM

R269 Don't know how solid Sykes and bf are. But there has been that love-hate tension between Sykes and that ex-cop informant (can't remember his name). Also, I notice Nolan and Sykes have been eyeing each other on occasion this half season, or am I dreaming it up?

by Anonymousreply 270April 14, 2017 3:46 AM

Duff had said it was a scheduling issue with MJW which is why he hasn't been on. Anyone else recognize the new chief from Drumline?

by Anonymousreply 271April 14, 2017 4:03 AM

I adore Leonard Roberts and cannot for the life of me understand why his career isn't bigger. So glad to see him turn up on MC, and hope 1) we see much more of him next season; and 2) he doesn't morph into a bean-counting dick like Courtney B. Vance's character did on The Closer before being unceremoniously bumped off.

by Anonymousreply 272April 14, 2017 5:22 AM

I think Morales likes the brothas; remember how hilariously hot he was for Detective/Sgt. Gabriel back in the day?

So he might be more attracted to the new Assistant Chief than to Pretty Boy Nolan...

by Anonymousreply 273April 14, 2017 5:28 AM

Who played the prick who was Gus' boss? I thought he went from friendly to bitchy in a flash. I can't decide whether that's a bad gay caricature or too close to real life. lol

by Anonymousreply 274April 14, 2017 5:37 AM

Maybe with Gus out of the picture, that cute cop who was briefly Rusty's bodyguard can come back. Whatsisname, he was Freddie on "iCarly." Or was that Ned from that Nick show?

by Anonymousreply 275April 14, 2017 7:07 AM

R275 "Ned from the Nick Show" is Devon Werkheiser, who played kind of a Jump Street type cop who infiltrates high school way back in one episode in season 2. I remember Rusty (still closeted) definitely perked up at the sight of him.

by Anonymousreply 276April 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Morales has transferred his affections to Nolan, bigly.

The Morales-focused episode was very good, and holy fuck, is Jonathan Del Arco still hot. I wish they'd do a Hobbs-focused episode. Kathe Mazure is really appealing.

Duff really needs to stop trying to force his husband down the viewers' throats. He's perfectly fine as a supporting player, but he's not a good enough actor to carry his own plots. And stop pretending he can play straight. He can't.

by Anonymousreply 277April 14, 2017 11:11 AM

Had good viewership for the season finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 14, 2017 6:40 PM

I was hoping Brenda was going to the surprise that Fritz had for Sharon in the office. Oh well, maybe next season.

by Anonymousreply 279April 14, 2017 11:47 PM

Keenan Allen's character being interested in the thoroughly average Gus is way too unrealistic to me. And this is on a show where the "major crimes" police squad are mostly geriatric.

by Anonymousreply 280April 15, 2017 2:37 AM

R280 Gays like Aiden (Keegan Allen) would be more likely be into Rusty on the average, but then being a restaurant owner Aiden might be attracted to average Gus' cooking.

by Anonymousreply 281April 15, 2017 3:52 AM

I was also one of those who was a big fan of Kyra's and could not imagine this show on its own. I just kept tuning in, though and now look forward to it every week.

I have really liked the Rusty character. Fortunately the story line involving his birth mom finally wrapped up I have enjoyed watching him mature and get focused, but I'm glad they are showing that he hasn't completely turned things around. Rather than fight for Gus, he just let him go off to this manipulative creep, so he still hasn't figured out how to deal with people who matter to him. Or how to really get close to someone without screwing it up. Raydor has always been there for him and, as rigid as he is, he's really blossomed with her structure. And no wonder she adopted Rusty, because her birth son is an idiot, apparently immature like his dad.

I think Sykes is a knockout and the story line with her and Stroh is very quirky. I also wish they'd spend more time with Tao, who I like but don't feel like we know very well. Stereotyped Asian inscrutability? The whole storyline with Andy and Raydor is just bizarre, IMO. When it started I was scratching my head. And I can see how people think Fritz and Raydor would be a good match. I am enjoying Julio with the little racist. Actually, I think its a great storyline. The kid has been taught all this crap and then the only one in his life he can trust who cares for him is the person he's been taught to hate. It's actually made Julio more three-dimensional. The business with his rage after the death of his wife had gotten old and there was really nowhere for him to go but dying at that rate. Or losing his job and then really deteriorating.

I'm glad the show is doing well. I was lamenting today how cable shows have changed so much since the 90s. I was off today and watching Monk reruns. USA had this show in the 90s and it was funny and sweet. Now they have I, Robot, bleak and pathetic. And I hated Monk at the time and wouldn't watch it, but it looks damn good to me now. On most of these cable shows today people are their worst selves as the stories continue to get uglier by the week.

by Anonymousreply 282April 15, 2017 5:59 AM

R282, interesting assessment, we each se the show and its story lines differently. I like the way Andy slowly came to realize he was attracted to Sharon and that she returned the feeling.

One correction... Sykes does not have a relationship with Stroh.... the ex-cop is Hickman. Stroh is the murderer that was after Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 283April 15, 2017 10:27 AM

[quote] thoroughly average Gus

Come on, he's hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 284April 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Gus is chunky but that can look hunky from certain angle.

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2017 10:57 AM

Rene Rosado has a big, juicy ass.

He pings.

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2017 11:14 AM

I lime the social aspect of the storylines. Gayest show on television, so many gay characters. Excellent ensemble. Glad viewers are staying with kt.

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2017 1:01 PM

^^like

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2017 1:01 PM

Anyone ever listen to the podcast What Would Sharon Raydor do? on youtube? I like listening to Mary talk about her view on the show, so it's a good way to kill an hour. Also on YT, they have Identity with Rusty Beck. 4 minute segments on his blog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289April 19, 2017 12:02 AM

Mary McDonnell is doing a guest spot on Fargo next week. Good to see her in other roles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 11, 2017 4:23 PM

[quote] Both Rusty and Buzz have been getting more and more story lines and I'd rather see more of Raymond and his evolving story-line; the new chief looks interesting too.

Who is Raymond?

by Anonymousreply 291May 12, 2017 12:37 AM

Raymond is Sanchez

by Anonymousreply 292May 12, 2017 1:06 AM

Sanchez's name is JULIO. The actor's name is Raymond.

by Anonymousreply 293May 12, 2017 1:11 AM

R290 It is.

by Anonymousreply 294May 12, 2017 3:55 AM

Mary is at a Comic Con in Houston this weekend. Her daughter looks so much like Mary when she was younger. Not sure "why" the daughter is part of that event though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 13, 2017 9:23 PM

Article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 16, 2017 6:22 PM

New cast member for S6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 16, 2017 6:23 PM

Why isn't this available to stream on Netflix? Just available as disc rental, same as The Closer.

Speaking of - Mary and Kyra were both on a panel in Austin, TX this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 11, 2017 6:39 PM

r296 -the Christian Post?

You have to wonder whether the writer has ever even seen the show with all the glaring factual errors and misreprentations of the story.

More importantly, why would someone on DL be reading the Christian Post? Kind of makes you wonder what the agenda is - traffic to a fundie site?

by Anonymousreply 299June 11, 2017 6:46 PM

I posted that link R299 - think it was on FB on the Major Crimes page or I was linked there from it. Part of the reason I posted was the irony of the source actually. I don't think they've seen the show!!

by Anonymousreply 300June 11, 2017 6:54 PM

At the BSG reunion this weekend. She still looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301June 11, 2017 6:56 PM

R301 Lovely. She has nailed two brilliant roles in BSG and MC.

by Anonymousreply 302June 11, 2017 7:47 PM

I'm re-watching season 3, and wishing they had gone ahead with the spin-off with Fritz and Commander McGinnis. They could have had Fritz FINALLY get away from the legacy of Brenda - Fritz and McGinnis would have made a good couple.

by Anonymousreply 303June 11, 2017 10:11 PM

Wonder how they'll finish this story arc?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304July 1, 2017 3:56 AM

Just got the dvd's for this season, and am up to the 3rd episode. Rusty is a whiny bitch, and I'm already sick of "Shandy"

by Anonymousreply 305July 11, 2017 7:21 PM

They just announced the premiere date for S6 as Oct 31st. New trailer at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 7, 2017 6:49 PM

R305 Rusty's been whiny since day 1... I only wish the show had paired him up with someone worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 307August 7, 2017 7:15 PM

It was a Rusty-free trailer! Maybe he's flown the coop and is away at college... now Sharon and Andy can, you know, go at it without thinking of the children!

by Anonymousreply 308August 7, 2017 7:29 PM

Only on Datalounge would gay men be cheering the reduced visibility of an openly gay male character on a popular TV show.

by Anonymousreply 309August 7, 2017 8:21 PM

The break between seasons is long. Why?

by Anonymousreply 310August 7, 2017 8:25 PM

R308 Rusty will be haunting this show till the very end. You would think he would be more a problem child for Sharon rather than the model yuppie wannabe given his background. Rusty should be bringing home a different twink every week rather than running around in circle with that sad sack Gus.

by Anonymousreply 311August 7, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote]The break between seasons is long. Why?

Because they didn't realize they were getting another season and it probably took a while for production to ramp back up.

And because TNT had a bunch of other new summer series to premiere.

by Anonymousreply 312August 8, 2017 12:30 AM

From Ask Ausiello: Question: Season 6 of Major Crimes is coming. I was wondering if you can give us some scoop about the new season? —Ilona Ausiello: The TNT drama is giving us a Philip Stroh origin story! A Season 6 episode (we’re guessing this one) will introduce us to the 16-year-old version of Billy Burke’s recurring villain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 30, 2017 1:30 AM

Canceled. What cunts!

by Anonymousreply 314October 3, 2017 6:59 PM

I adored The Closer, but I couldn't get into Major Crimes as much. Sorry, but that Rusty kid annoyed the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 315October 3, 2017 7:03 PM

R315 Rusty is the reason I even watched this show (even though he's often written to be annoying)... otherwise, it's such a geriatric cast. Nolan was much needed hunky eye candy for the later half of last season.

by Anonymousreply 316October 3, 2017 7:09 PM

R314 Stupid decision. MC has potential for few more seasons. But at least it ends high note.

by Anonymousreply 317October 3, 2017 7:10 PM

It was never as interesting as The Closer, but it was consistently good, and the characters are like old friends. Will be sorry to see it end.

by Anonymousreply 318October 3, 2017 7:13 PM

I could not stand The Closer. I watched it for 2 seasons, and made fun of myself for doing so. Brenda's accent drove me insane, and the writing was never that good. Why can't all detective shows be as good as HLOTS?

I like Major Crimes better, mostly because of Rusty, whom I find AAAP.

by Anonymousreply 319October 3, 2017 7:38 PM

R319 AAAP? What?

by Anonymousreply 320October 3, 2017 8:26 PM

As Adorable As Possible

by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2017 8:27 PM

Very sad to see it go. I've been watching these characters since The Closer debuted in '05 and don't believe I've missed an episode. Its great comfort television.

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2017 8:37 PM

R321 Thanks. He was in the awkward coming out phase, but now he has morphed into an annoying know-it-all most of the time. Pairing him with serious Gus also sapped all the fun out of his being a newly out twink in LA.

by Anonymousreply 323October 3, 2017 8:39 PM

I've seen all of The Closer and Major Crimes. Loved Sharon Raydor as a character UNTIL they paired her off with Andy Flynn. Just No. If Sharon needed a man in her life, it should have been Fritz Howard. They knew (because Kyra was so adamantly against it) that Brenda would never come back - have her divorce Fritz off-screen, and let Fritz and Sharon hook up.

Also, TNT can fuck the fuck off. I hope their new and edgy programming causes their ratings to plummet. Oh, and Rusty is a whiny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 324October 4, 2017 3:47 AM

Come one people, the show has pretty much run its course. I love MC - Mary McDonnell is superb, the supporting cast is terrific; but how much longer can they run the stories and create secondary storylines of personal lives?

Personally, here's what I hope happens during the final season... Provenza retires... Amy marries Cooper (played by Malcolm Jamal Warner)... Julio finally finds some lovin'... and Rusty leaves town so Sharon and Andy can do what couples do without worrying about the child being around.

by Anonymousreply 325October 4, 2017 11:30 AM

R325 They want to continue the show as long as possible because few of the actors have very good prospect of landing another long-term job. The show's rating is still good, but it doesn't attract the desirable audience.

by Anonymousreply 326October 4, 2017 11:38 AM

It's sort of weird that Malcolm-Jamal Warner is now a regular on Kyra Sedgwick's new show.

by Anonymousreply 327October 4, 2017 6:15 PM

TNT can chug a cock!

by Anonymousreply 328October 7, 2017 2:08 AM

[R322] I agree - I was working at TNT when The Closer began in 2005. I've been watching these characters since then and haven't missed an episode. With the care they took developing and launching it and then MC, I was not surprised it became a favorite. My letter to TNT is already written - TV Programming exec egos are fragile and misguided things!

by Anonymousreply 329October 7, 2017 2:39 AM

Season premiere this Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 330October 30, 2017 4:09 AM

Answering if Kyra will show up in series finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331October 30, 2017 7:10 PM

Phillip Stroh is back on the hunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332October 30, 2017 7:11 PM

God who cares if Kyra would return as Brenda? The program'a not about her, the character left under a pall and slight hint of disgrace...

I enjoyed much of the program The Closer, but what Fritz saw in her i'll never know - the at home scenes were just so uncomfortable - Brenda never, ever calmed down and just enjoyed herself; at the office she was always a bundle of nerves and ticks...

by Anonymousreply 333October 30, 2017 7:55 PM

What R333 said. I could not stand Brenda. I gave up sometime during season 3, and didn't watch again until I discovered Rusty on Major Crimes.

by Anonymousreply 334October 30, 2017 9:01 PM

I don't think MC needs Kyra to return. It is a different show and to suddenly bring her character back might not work at all.

by Anonymousreply 335October 30, 2017 10:40 PM

I think they were interested in bringing her back specifically for the Stroh story line. Someone will have to report back tomorrow about Rusty and Gus.

by Anonymousreply 336October 31, 2017 1:32 AM

R334=Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 337October 31, 2017 3:02 AM

Thanks, R336. I'll have to set my reminder. I was certain I'd miss it.

by Anonymousreply 338October 31, 2017 3:03 AM

Last night's (11/01) episode was a good start to the season. No Julio, which they explained, some great Provenza, the story line will be continued next week. I'm wondering if Sharon is really suffering from the flu or something more... Rusty is being Rusty; fears he's losing Gus.

by Anonymousreply 339November 1, 2017 4:55 PM

R339 I was so hoping Rusty and Gus would go their separate ways so Rusty can enjoy life as a single gay man! But with the show ending, they will probably write them back together again! Shit!

by Anonymousreply 340November 1, 2017 9:41 PM

Seems like they are building to Sharon having something more than the flu or at least a scare about it being something bigger.

Don't like the idea of Andy and Sharon, his boss, hooking up. But, there really wasn't anywhere to take the Andy character. It might have made more sense to have him die of the heart attack and see the impact on the rest of the squad.

Gus was never a good match for Rusty - he just seems too old, maybe not chronologically, but in terms of life stage.

by Anonymousreply 341November 1, 2017 10:04 PM

I just hope they will use Mary's amazing acting skills to her eye teeth in this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342November 1, 2017 10:38 PM

[quote] the story line will be continued next week.

Actually, the storyline continues through at least the first half of the season. It is part of the move from self-contained episodes to a serialized format.

by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2017 12:04 AM

I think the season is structured as three separate arcs.

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2017 12:05 AM

Talking about the final season - I think they're going to have Sharon get cancer. It's going to be Laura Roslin the sequel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 2, 2017 12:47 AM

Anyone watch tonight?

by Anonymousreply 346November 8, 2017 2:45 AM

Only 13 episodes??

by Anonymousreply 347November 8, 2017 3:57 AM

The first and second episodes have been terrific, so far the writers and show runner are juggling the major story line of the teenagers well, introducing a new character, dropping hints that Sharon's very ill, and keeping the Stroh story line bubbling underneath.

Rusty owning a weapon - what could possibly go wrong?

Yes, they have 13 episodes, so 11 remain.

by Anonymousreply 348November 8, 2017 11:41 AM

Best season so far. The writers should had the threat of the series ending every year.

by Anonymousreply 349November 8, 2017 12:27 PM

Notice the casual mention of Brenda by the DA to Rusty? Sedgwick's definitely going to have a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 350November 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Would also be nice to see Chief Pope as well. J.K. Simmons is a personal favorite of mine.

by Anonymousreply 351November 8, 2017 12:31 PM

R350 I thought the showrunner already confirmed that Kira's schedule made it impossible to have her on.

by Anonymousreply 352November 8, 2017 5:50 PM

I am currently watching Season 5. I am halfway. I liked White Lies. Rusty has been less annoying lately. That Nolan guy is hot.

by Anonymousreply 353November 14, 2017 8:24 PM

Has anyone else noticed a small easter egg in the show -

The mother of one of the missing kids is named Daniella. The actress playing the role is the same actress who played the titular character Daniela in an LGBT episode of Cold Case.

by Anonymousreply 354November 14, 2017 11:39 PM

What illness is Sharon supposed to have? Any chance she'll die before being Mrs Andy Doofass?

by Anonymousreply 355November 15, 2017 7:32 PM

Wow R355, that's pretty harsh. Folks are speculating that Sharon will die, but if that's how they want to go out this final season, there's a lot to do in the next 10 episodes... solve the current case and then handle the Philip Stroh story line all the while have Sharon contending with whatever this illness is.

Marrying Andy would be another story line...

Personally, I think the first 3 episodes have been terrific.

by Anonymousreply 356November 15, 2017 8:13 PM

The new Latina cop is strange to look at. Her teeth seem too big for her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 357November 15, 2017 9:07 PM

I called one of the kids being gay the minute I saw them.

by Anonymousreply 358November 19, 2017 4:52 PM

Why would they kill Sharon?

by Anonymousreply 359November 19, 2017 5:23 PM

[quote]I called one of the kids being gay the minute I saw them.

Wait, did they establish that? I thought they all liked the same girl.

by Anonymousreply 360November 19, 2017 5:38 PM

When they were interviewing the girl, she said that Ryan had a crush on Miguel.

by Anonymousreply 361November 19, 2017 8:43 PM

So, did they give Sharon a Hallmark movie disease of the week, or has it not been resolved yet?

by Anonymousreply 362November 19, 2017 9:40 PM

[quote]When they were interviewing the girl, she said that Ryan had a crush on Miguel.

I guess she did. Totally missed it the first time.

I can't imagine why it would matter for the plot, though.

by Anonymousreply 363November 20, 2017 1:28 AM

I have to say I am losing interest in the continuing storyline.... It happens almost every time they do these long story arc. The red herring and convoluted plot twists just get too much.

by Anonymousreply 364November 20, 2017 4:01 PM

R352, that's called misdirection.

by Anonymousreply 365November 20, 2017 5:08 PM

So what was wrong with Sharon? Saw her faint/collapse in the promo.

by Anonymousreply 366November 26, 2017 12:59 AM

Just realized that the kid playing Ryan is Wilmer Valderrama's nephew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 26, 2017 2:44 AM

r366 cardiomyopathy

by Anonymousreply 368November 26, 2017 7:10 PM

Thanks R368. Is Gus gone now, or did they work him back into the story?

by Anonymousreply 369November 26, 2017 7:43 PM

r369 He hasn't shown up yet, but Sharon mentioned that he was invited to the wedding and that he'd RSVPed that he would attend. To Rusty's chagrin.

by Anonymousreply 370November 26, 2017 7:46 PM

Wedding is tonight - I wish Fritz would re-enact the scene from The Graduate, but it's not going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 29, 2017 1:15 AM

The conspiracy-minded among us will enjoy their current mystery arc, a story in which a Gloria Allred clone is murdered in the same MO as Ronni Chasen. Also featuring a Scientology-esque guru.

by Anonymousreply 372December 8, 2017 9:50 AM

Finished to watch Season 5. I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 373December 8, 2017 9:55 AM

I love Leonard Roberts, and wish we could have another season with him.

by Anonymousreply 374December 8, 2017 11:47 AM

Leonard Roberts has a recurring role as a gay addict on "Mom."

by Anonymousreply 375December 8, 2017 5:02 PM

I wanted to watch this season, and I could never remember when it was on, and it wasn't "on demand" like other TNT shows. WTH!

by Anonymousreply 376December 8, 2017 6:17 PM

The first episode of the murdered lawyer was excellent. The cast was uniformly entertaining... the guys trying to refrain from being "men" at the restaurant Tackles.

Plus, Rusty is finally useful to Gus - now that's a change.

by Anonymousreply 377December 11, 2017 11:46 AM

I don't have TNT - is it available to watch anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 378December 11, 2017 7:15 PM

Oh look, it's Keegan Allen playing gay again.

by Anonymousreply 379December 12, 2017 3:59 PM

R379 He only played gay once before, right? In that porn murder movie.

by Anonymousreply 380December 12, 2017 4:11 PM

Get the tissues out!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Watched this week's episode last night... Gustavo broke Rusty's heart and Rusty told that to Gus (for those of you who care). Also, next week we'll learn that Sharon is very ill - at lest that's what the promo insinuates. However, we did learn that she is, right now, the happiest she's ever been in her life.

The case proceeds and here's my choice for the murderer - the life coach/motivational speaker guy who is an investor in the restaurant Tackles. If not him, maybe his wife...

by Anonymousreply 382December 14, 2017 7:10 PM

[quote]I don't have TNT - is it available to watch anywhere else?

You can watch it on Amazon the next day. Buy individual episodes or the full season 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 14, 2017 7:16 PM

R382 Gus dumped Rusty for his boss? That sounds like the first good decision Gus has made as a character.

by Anonymousreply 384December 14, 2017 7:23 PM

I never really liked the whole Rusty/Gus relationship. They have no chemistry and everything about they never showed them actually doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 385December 14, 2017 7:30 PM

*They have no chemistry and they never showed them actually doing anything*

by Anonymousreply 386December 14, 2017 7:31 PM

R385 Their relationship never made sense... so Rusty wrote a story about Gus' dead sister. That's a really morbid reason to get together. Also, it really unbelievable that Rusty who was newly out wouldn't rather be out dating and exploring the single life first before settling down with a bf.

by Anonymousreply 387December 14, 2017 8:01 PM

[quote] If not him, maybe his wife...

Or his son, played by DL wannabe fave Nolan Gerard Funk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 14, 2017 8:23 PM

[quote]Also, it really unbelievable that Rusty who was newly out wouldn't rather be out dating and exploring the single life first before settling down with a bf.

Gus is, however, really hot.

by Anonymousreply 389December 15, 2017 12:05 AM

Nelly Mini Pearl is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 390December 15, 2017 7:12 PM

Thanks R383 !

So what is wrong with Sharon? Other than bad taste in husbands.

by Anonymousreply 391December 16, 2017 1:54 AM

r391 see r368.

by Anonymousreply 392December 16, 2017 1:56 AM

The rapist is the motivational speaker.

The murderer is the wife or son trying to protect him. I'm thinking it's the son - he seems a bit more invested in the father's career.

by Anonymousreply 393December 16, 2017 1:59 AM

Not really enjoying this season that much. I hate all the overwrought weepy Sharon moments. I also cringe when Sharon acts like she has been Rusty's mom forever when she's only known him for 5-6 years, and adopted him as a young adult. It just seems so forced. In addition, that Catholic family priest of hers look so shady and unpleasant. Can he be the next murder victim?

by Anonymousreply 394December 16, 2017 2:13 AM

Does anyone watch the live chats that happen on FB each week an hour before MC airs? James Duff hosts, and has a cast member or 2 with him. It's the same questions getting through, and isn't worth watching to me.

by Anonymousreply 395December 17, 2017 7:16 PM

100th episode - 2 hours of MC tonight. Who watched?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 20, 2017 2:25 AM

Is that Stands With A Fist?

by Anonymousreply 397December 20, 2017 2:34 AM

Did anyone else scream a little when Gus gave his customer the check?

by Anonymousreply 398December 20, 2017 3:08 AM

Loved Gus and the customer in the restaurant! It took me a few seconds and then I got it... nice touch Major Crimes.

The last four episodes should interesting, handling another case with changes in the make-up of the squad...

When can we begin discussing what happened at the end of last night's episode? When is it permissible to discuss "spoilers"?

by Anonymousreply 399December 20, 2017 9:59 AM

I'm shocked they actually went there.

by Anonymousreply 400December 20, 2017 12:17 PM

I would've thought they'd wait until the last episode. Very ballsy of them.

by Anonymousreply 401December 20, 2017 5:04 PM

Reasoning behind the choice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402December 20, 2017 5:09 PM

Didn't watch it yet, but read the article anyways - I'm clutching my pearls! Here's Mary talking about all of it - MAJOR SPOILERS!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 20, 2017 6:22 PM

Wondering how the rest of the season will go now? Spoilers ahead in article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 20, 2017 6:29 PM

Mary McDonnell was the lead and the number one reason to watch this. I understand why they did what they did but as a fan of her character it is difficult to accept. I probably won’t watch the series finale. No need to. Mary made Major Crimes what it was. Her acting was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 405December 20, 2017 7:05 PM

I do want to see the Stroh storyline resolve R406. I did watch MC for Mary, though.

by Anonymousreply 406December 20, 2017 7:26 PM

Captain Raydor left behind videos for people so we'll still see Mary in at least one more episode.

by Anonymousreply 407December 20, 2017 8:31 PM

There's online speculation (I know, I know) that Raydor has faked her death in order to work behind-the scenes to capture Stroh. I hope that's just the ravings of those far too invested in MC and the character.

Personally, I love the fact that we'll get to see the fallout from Sharon's death... will Stroh be captured alive and pay for his crimes? Will Rusty put out for Gus again and who is the top in that relationship? What did Sharon have to say, and to whom, in the videos she made with Buzz' camera? Will Andy fall off the wagon? Will we see Brenda, Fitz and Pope at the funeral? I find the last question unlikely... I've read that Sedgwick does not want to be a part of the series end.

I want another wedding! I want Sykes to marry Cooper! Give us a happy ending... Sykes either dead or in prison and nuptuals.

by Anonymousreply 408December 20, 2017 9:05 PM

[quote]I want another wedding! I want Sykes to marry Cooper! Give us a happy ending... Sykes either dead or in prison and nuptuals.

You want her to get married then go to prison or die? How is that a happy ending?

by Anonymousreply 409December 21, 2017 3:06 AM

R409 I think R408 meant Stroh go to prison or die, and Sykes nuptials.

by Anonymousreply 410December 21, 2017 3:09 AM

Pretty sure the only way the Stroh thing can end is with him dead. They tried prison already. It failed.

by Anonymousreply 411December 21, 2017 3:50 AM

I'm betting it's Rusty who kills Stroh. You don't bring a gun in the first act without using it in the third.

by Anonymousreply 412December 21, 2017 4:13 AM

R412 I think Rusty is going to kill Stroh too. Unless Gus does it and saves Rusty's life. I hope Stroh doesn't kill Gus first.

I'd love it if Sharon's death was faked but it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 413December 21, 2017 6:37 AM

[quote]Will Rusty put out for Gus again and who is the top in that relationship?

Gus, clearly.

Is Rene Rosado gay?

by Anonymousreply 414December 22, 2017 1:44 PM

2 hours worth tonight. Sharon's funeral, and 2 other murders from the description on FB. Also, Stroh is back.

How many more episodes until the series finale? Can't be more than 3 or 4 at most.

by Anonymousreply 415December 27, 2017 12:22 AM

There are four episodes left. Two tonight and presumably two next week.

by Anonymousreply 416December 27, 2017 12:24 AM

Thanks R416 - hope the finale is decent. The show deserves that.

by Anonymousreply 417December 27, 2017 12:27 AM

It's like TNT can't burn through this series fast enough... what the heck they are going to replace this top-rated series with?

by Anonymousreply 418December 27, 2017 12:50 AM

Probably some "reality" program. The marketing people at TNT seem to be going for the younger demographic.

by Anonymousreply 419December 27, 2017 1:02 AM

[quote]It's like TNT can't burn through this series fast enough... what the heck they are going to replace this top-rated series with?

More of their lower-rated, edgier fare. They're clearing the deck for the Alienist event series with DL Fave Luke Evans in January.

by Anonymousreply 420December 27, 2017 1:59 AM

R418 It would be good to know who made the decision to cancel it and so called logic behind it.

by Anonymousreply 421December 27, 2017 9:32 AM

That would be the president of TNT and TBS Kevin Reilly. They basically want to be a clone of FX now, and Major Crimes had been on the hitlist for a while. Despite the ratings, since it doesn't look like all the other edgier programming, off it goes, even though they tried to incorporate studio notes.

by Anonymousreply 422December 27, 2017 9:42 AM

R422 It was bad decision.

by Anonymousreply 423December 27, 2017 3:14 PM

Agreed R423 - there was a lot of backlash on FB last night against James Duff; he did his normal pre-show one hour live chat (with Dr Morales) and the comments/questions toward JD were people PISSED that he killed off Sharon, and his reasoning behind it - which was pretty much spite toward TNT for the cancellation. Fans are still hoping she's "alive" and will pop up to kill Stroh. There was also a lot of backlash from people who have the disease that killed her, and saying that JD could have used his platform to advocate for organ transplants instead of being petty.

by Anonymousreply 424December 27, 2017 5:51 PM

Very gay show, Phillip Keene is Duff’s real life partner and Jonathan Del Arco who plays Morales is also openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 425December 27, 2017 6:27 PM

Damn, Enver Gjokaj was looking good when he showed up near the end of the second episode.

Also the British hacker was pretty cute too.*

by Anonymousreply 426December 28, 2017 2:50 AM

God I cannot stand the British hacker story line... watching everything the squad does, always being a half-step or one-step ahead with his fingers flying over his keyboard to corrupt a file, to delete the restaurant security footage, to get sealed documents, etc... I hope Stroh does take him out.

by Anonymousreply 427December 29, 2017 8:53 AM

It's so OTT for this show. The Closer and Major Crimes have always made the point that most murder is because of mundane things. They've done a few serial killer episodes that were quite good, but the best of them were always pretty grounded, and even the ones that weren't worked because they focused equally on the characters and not just the set pieces.

The superhacker thing is just ridiculous. Computers don't work like that.

by Anonymousreply 428December 29, 2017 8:58 AM

R428 The superhacker's obsession with generic blond bimbo is even more cliche and off-putting. Stroh of the past would never put up with this shit. His last accomplice was a stone cold gay serial killer if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 429December 29, 2017 8:06 PM

Yep, played by Augustus Prew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430December 30, 2017 2:07 AM

So - it's down to the end. Who do you think will finally be the one to kill Stroh? Too bad we can't make a poll within this thread.

As much as I'd like to see Brenda Leigh make an appearance (Kyra said no), I actually hope it is Provenza. That just seems right to me. Fritz would be good also.

by Anonymousreply 431December 30, 2017 2:53 PM

Gus will kill Stroh to save Rusty and then they will ride into the sunset

by Anonymousreply 432December 30, 2017 3:35 PM

The British superhacker - I get the feeling that Provenza knows they're being watched and is operating accordingly. There was a moment when Buzz seemed to notice something not right. You could argue that the reason that Provenza put it on the "big screen" was exactly to let the hacker gain access and feel safe that he was able to prevent them from seeing.

Also, Provenza sent Wes (the new guy) on a "mission" and we haven't seen him in a while. I believe the motorcycle guy watching british hacker come out of the hooker's apt was red herring - Wes, not Stroh, as we were supposed to think. Stroh KNOWS the hacker is into the girl - he's commented multiple times on it. Why would he need to follow him to her house - he's Stroh, he doesn't need to follow him.

Killing Stroh - Rusty faced with the dilemma of killing him, but Provenza actually doing the deed. Rusty cornering Stroh with gun drawn, Stroh taunting him, Rusty hesitates, Stroh reaches for a gun, and Provenza fires from behind cover. Fits within what Sharon warns Rusty in the video about the gun and what will ultimately save him.

by Anonymousreply 433December 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Link to James Duff's notes on tonight's episode on FB. I think Stroh is killing off a few folks tonight...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 2, 2018 6:51 PM

Will Attenborough plays annoying British hacker Dylan. He's the grandson of Richard Attenborough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 3, 2018 5:30 AM

He reminds me of a young Anthony Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 436January 3, 2018 5:57 AM

Ya know, I was always for Rusty/Gus but him pretty much forcing himself into Rusty's bed in this episode was so fucking cringey and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 437January 3, 2018 5:40 PM

R437 Gus has always been borderline creepy... I was always afraid he might go psycho with the chef knives.

by Anonymousreply 438January 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Didn't watch - did Stroh kill off anyone? Duff made it seem that Nadine (the asst DA) was going to be killed

by Anonymousreply 439January 3, 2018 6:22 PM

R439 Emma Rios was already killed last week

by Anonymousreply 440January 3, 2018 6:31 PM

This week's episode was so anti-climactic. So all Stroh's after is money. That really takes away any menace from his return. He's not after Rusty or any of the team for vengeance at all. The British hacker is also so annoying you wish Stroh would end him already. Having Sharon gone also makes the team dynamics weak. All Provenza does well is repeat his mantra "By Any Means" every episode.

by Anonymousreply 441January 4, 2018 7:41 AM

Anyone else agree that this final season has been fucking terrible? I was initially intrigued about the change from case of the week to multi-episode story arcs, but they've made them way too convoluted and hard to follow. Killing off Sharon was a bizarre decision by the writers and the whole thing was really clunkily written. Adding the Latina cop to the team was completely unnecessary plus the actress is quite shit and there is something distracting and weird about her face. Also there's been wayyy too much screentime for the annoying hacker character these last few episodes. I feel like the show's really going out on a whimper, and its a real shame we don't even have a Kyra cameo in the finale to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 442January 4, 2018 9:21 PM

It shows how important Sharon or Mary actually was to the series. She is the glee keeping it together.

by Anonymousreply 443January 4, 2018 9:23 PM

I really disliked the first two episodes of the final Stroh story line, but thankfully they got back on track with ep3. I don't care that all Stroh is after now is his mother's money as someone upthread complained about. He's still a cold-blooded killer and is going after Rusty next week - works for me.

What did piss me off is that Jon Tenney's character Fitz was not at Sharon's funeral, but was in ep 3. Ridiculous. I feel the same way about Kyra Sedgwick not being at the funeral or elsewhere as the program winds down.

One more episode folks... predictions? Is it Andy who kills Stroh? Will Stroh kill Gus or a member of Major Case in the final 60 minutes? Wil rusty have to use his gun? Julio's leaving the squad, will the LAPD break it up completely?

by Anonymousreply 444January 5, 2018 9:18 AM

R444 From the way Sharon prepared Rusty in her video message, he will have to use more than a gun to take down Stroh. And Nolan is still MIA with no explanation, so I assume he might come back with a plot twist to foul up Stroh's scheme.

R442 Yes, the show's going out in a whimper, but hopefully, the last episode can at least give some closure.

by Anonymousreply 445January 5, 2018 9:44 AM

I want Billy Burke to have a hot fuck with Rusty before they kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 446January 5, 2018 12:34 PM

r436=Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 447January 5, 2018 6:23 PM

[quote]he did his normal pre-show one hour live chat (with Dr Morales) and the comments/questions toward JD were people PISSED that he killed off Sharon

Has he ever explained why Dr. Morales wasn't at Sharon's funeral, or in the last three episodes at ALL?

by Anonymousreply 448January 5, 2018 6:24 PM

I thought no way they could foul up a Stroh storyline, but they are doing it. All the previous Stroh episodes had been good and suspenseful, but the last 3 episodes have been more whiny (ahem... twinky hacker) and meandering (exploring Stroh's past is boring). Stroh should be taking the team down one by one because he can, but all he cares about is the money.

by Anonymousreply 449January 5, 2018 11:49 PM

I'm planning to go back and watch the pilot of The Closer, before watching the series finale this week (I know, Mary!). Here is the dailymotion link to the pilot in case anyone is interested:

www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jcxnu

by Anonymousreply 450January 8, 2018 9:13 PM

Datalounge formatting fucked up the link... remove the spaces and the dash and it will work properly.

by Anonymousreply 451January 8, 2018 9:15 PM

Actually, the writing on Major Crimes has been really uneven all along. There've been some high points, but really, all of the chemistry of the cast was established during The Closer. And there have been a lot of clunker stories along the way. They wasted Robert Gossett entirely after making him a compelling schemer during The Closer, for example.

by Anonymousreply 452January 9, 2018 6:42 AM

Sad it's ending, but TNT made their choice. They should have gone through with the spinoff they had looked at with Fritz and Ann McGinnis, played by Laurie Holden. Would have been interesting, and might have led them to letting Fritz having a "post Brenda" relationship. Jon Tenney was wasted in that part the past few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 453January 9, 2018 5:35 PM

Final episode tonight - anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 454January 10, 2018 12:01 AM

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Series finale recap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 10, 2018 3:39 AM

I'm very disappointed in the entire final season. I think they undid the entire strength of the show (principled police abiding by the rules and still being effective) by having Provenza's stupid "By Any Means Necessary" plan to kill Stroh instead of apprehending him. Very bush league, the kind of ethically-challenged thing I'd expect from a Hawaii 5-0 or a Dick Wolf show. Why didn't they go all the way and torture him while they were at it?

The writers seem to have said "fuck it" and gave up. The closing wasn't satisfying emotionally at all either. They sort of tried for acheiving a "moment" but Provenza was exactly the wrong guy to give the speech. They should have closed with an excerpt from a tape by Sharon.

Damn shame of a way to end a good show.

by Anonymousreply 456January 10, 2018 7:19 AM

R456 Surely the point of the By Any Means Necessary idea was to show that in the end Provenza couldn't do it. He was going to arrest Stroh. If you think back to the beginning of 'The Closer', Provenza was a character used to 'bending the rules' and not doing things by the book. It all showed how much the character had changed.

I was a bit disappointed by the closing speech too.

by Anonymousreply 457January 10, 2018 9:18 AM

I wasn't impressed either... however, Duff and others did leave the viewer with the big question of will rusty be able to handle murdering Stroh but having to keep it to himself for the rest of his life... hence Julio's comment about Dr. Joe, the looks Rusty and Provenza and Rusty's own line questioning if Sharon would be proud of him.

In my alternate universe, Rusty would have shot Stroh AFTER he had reached his ankle holster and was going to kill Provenza. Good, clean kill. The final scene would have been a month or so later (not one week) the entire cast in the scene with Julio leaving as lieutenant, Provenza retiring, Tao taking over Major Crimes... and we'd learn that Sykes was engaged to Cooper. (Malcolm Jamal-Warner could be in the scene, beaming with happiness that Amy said 'yes' to his proposal).

I don't know why, but that all feels better, wrapped up in a bow...

by Anonymousreply 458January 10, 2018 9:31 AM

I didn’t understand the signifincance of the cell phone. Stroh was the one who dialed the cell phone, so why did he run to find out where the ringing cell phone was, and what was the significance of the incoming call coming from “unknown”?

by Anonymousreply 459January 10, 2018 4:00 PM

Ratings final episode: 2,253,000 viewers (0.30 18-49 demo)

by Anonymousreply 460January 10, 2018 8:59 PM

[quote]I didn’t understand the signifincance of the cell phone. Stroh was the one who dialed the cell phone, so why did he run to find out where the ringing cell phone was, and what was the significance of the incoming call coming from “unknown”?

Stroh was calling Provenza's phone trying to figure out where he was on the boat. He didn't realize that Provenza was onto him.

You know, Phillip Keane must be amazing in the sack for James Duff to set up Buzz becoming an actual detective had the show returned for another season. I mean, he seems like a nice enough guy, but his acting wouldn't have carried him to the longevity the role had had he not been married to the show's creator.

by Anonymousreply 461January 11, 2018 1:30 AM

When Rusty bombs out of law school, he returns to turning tricks.

by Anonymousreply 462January 11, 2018 1:52 AM

The finale was better than the last two episodes... at least, this episode managed to build up some tension. Killing off silly British hacker sure helped... But the writing, especially the Stroh case resolution, was very weak. Stroh went down way too easily. He should be the one ambushing, and not caught eating a sandwich! And really? Tricked by a stupid cell phone and gunned down by little Rusty! For shame! He might as well have committed suicide. The fans who tuned out after Sharon's funeral had the right idea, and they didn't miss much.

by Anonymousreply 463January 11, 2018 11:37 AM

A lot of folks had issues with the way Duff wrapped up the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464January 11, 2018 6:04 PM

God that article in Variety is stupid and the hand-wringing and OTT emotional outbursts from the commenters are silly. We all knew Sharon was going to die from the time they talked about how she couldn't get over "the flu". So what if a female lead died before the series end. Boo hoo people, that's life - people die. Sedgwick didn't return? Well, she was invited and couldn't make the time - not the show runner's fault, Kyra's unwillingness or schedule conflict. While I don't think the last season was particularly strong and feel that Rusty killing Stroh the way he did was poorly handled by Duff, it's just a TV show! Duff's not getting any credit for leaving the viewers to wonder what's next for Rusty (his favorite character?). The boy's going to have to go through life keeping a very big secret - that he killed Stroh and Provenza covered for him. Can Rusty do that? Hopefully we will NOT get a new series featuring the further adventures of Rusty and Gustavo!

by Anonymousreply 465January 11, 2018 7:05 PM

R465 The final episodes showed how important Sharon was to the show. Mary is very talented and played another role to perfection. She made the least liked character very much liked. Without her show lost the most important element.

by Anonymousreply 466January 11, 2018 10:09 PM

The irony is Stroh had no intention of going after Rusty, right? That was just to distract the LAPD, so he had more time to make his get-away. He was going to just sail away with the money. Why didn't he go sooner? The ending for Stroh was just not satisfying. If Stroh had tried to shoot Provenza, and Rusty bust in just in time to surprise him, then that kill would be more clear cut justified, but the show left just enough opening between Stroh reaching closer to his hidden gun, Rusty coming out of nowhere to shoot, and Provenza having to cover up for Rusty to leave a sense of misdeed to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 467January 12, 2018 12:29 AM

I'm with you R467, Stroh's death just wasn't satisfying. I would have preferred your scenario.

by Anonymousreply 468January 12, 2018 9:23 AM

R468 Not to mention, Sharon would detest this cover up business! At the end when they were all looking at her office, I imagine her spirit would be there wagging her finger at them! This is so not what she would want for Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 469January 12, 2018 10:22 AM

Mary McDonnell had a guest column in Variety today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 15, 2018 7:41 PM

Duff irritates me. He thinks that only the subset of "Mary's extreme fans" are the ones angry at him for how he closed out the series. She does have some die hard fans from her BSG days, but I think more are just mad at his selfishness and lazy writing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 24, 2018 3:47 AM

From FB - think Duff was trying yet again to reexplain himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 24, 2018 6:42 PM

I think any fans of the series can see the final four episodes were a dud. The death episode was actually quite riveting thanks to Mary's performance, but it was the last real MC episode to me. What came after was just not of the same quality as the rest of the series.

by Anonymousreply 473January 24, 2018 11:27 PM

I would rather Sharon dies in the middle of the Stroh case while trying to save Rusty, and that would give Rusty more of a reason to bring Stroh down.

by Anonymousreply 474January 24, 2018 11:37 PM

I think >> Mary wanted another chance at an Emmy. They said, "Let's give you a death scene like you had in BSG! Everyone was so moved by that!" OK, and they did. She was named performer of the week for it. Great! I'm just tired of Duff repeating the "this story line couldn't have ended the way it did if Sharon had been alive!"

Bitch - no shit! Quit being lazy! I've read better fan fiction. You KNEW there was not going to be any spin off - have Provenza die saving Rusty, and killing Stroh in the process. Duff had his panties in a twist over the cancellation, and said FU to fans and TNT, and then berates people for being mad. This was 12 years of watching between Closer & MC. People wanted more, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 475January 24, 2018 11:46 PM

R475 Having Rusty die saving Sharon or Provenza would also work for Rusty haters. ;D

by Anonymousreply 476January 24, 2018 11:49 PM

Very true R476. I'm surprised that Gus made it out alive. Stroh was killing off all kinds of old gf's and teachers. How did he not get the love interest of his living witness?

by Anonymousreply 477January 24, 2018 11:52 PM

R477 Exactly, the WHOLE team made it out without a scratch mostly because the writers stupidly wrote Stroh as not interested in targeting them (not even Rusty), just distracting them. And they told the audience as much from the get go. Where's the tension in that?

by Anonymousreply 478January 25, 2018 12:03 AM

MC season 6 came out on dvd on 3/13, and I've been binge watching all weekend, Am coming up on the death episode... Notes so far: How did Leo ever get to be Chief? They changed his whole take charge persona from last season?

Gus slept with Aiden - ugh. Gus and Rusty are not a good matchup. Their whininess and neediness is annoying.

They killed off Julio's Mom, and he has no support network? Mark the foster kid would be gone so fast!!

Not a Shandy fan, but the wedding scene was lovely.

More later, but the lead up to Raydor's death with the heart monitor would have pulled her off duty. Unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 479March 18, 2018 2:35 PM

Watched the whole season. Where were Julio and Fritz for most of the season?

Gus and Rusty - annoying relationship. Wanted to smack them both. Leo sucked this season. The Stroh and hacker scenario could have been improved upon.

James Duff was lazy with this writing on this season. It turned into a let's try and get Mary an Emmy season, rather than a decent wrap to what amounted to 13 years with most of these characters. The dvd sucked for extras - one 2 minutes of bloopers and a four minute interview with Duff and some other guy. No deleted scenes.

by Anonymousreply 480March 19, 2018 4:23 AM

Leo was busy being Allison Janney's coke addict gay half-brother on "Mom."

by Anonymousreply 481March 19, 2018 4:25 AM

Ah - and I didn't watch it, but wasn't Fritz on the show that Brenda/Kyra was doing? Ten Days in the Valley?

I remember that this season was pushed back because of rewrites and issues with TNT. Julio was probably making a movie.

by Anonymousreply 482March 19, 2018 4:29 AM

Julio was off for the back half of the season filming the pilot for the Sons of Anarchy spin-off, Mayans MC.

by Anonymousreply 483March 19, 2018 2:02 PM

Anyone want to help me get this 5 year old thread to 600 and send it off to archive glory (hole) ?

Do you think Mary will p/u another series, or spend her time doing Comic cons, and promoting her daughter's singing career?

by Anonymousreply 484March 19, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote]Ah - and I didn't watch it, but wasn't Fritz on the show that Brenda/Kyra was doing? Ten Days in the Valley?

No. But Malcolm-Jamal Warner (who had a recurring role in "The Closer") was.

by Anonymousreply 485March 20, 2018 12:31 AM

I had the wrong project R485 He was in a Lifetime movie she directed, that also had her husband and daughter in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 20, 2018 12:45 AM

The Kyra-Kevin spawn with the ridiculous name of "Sosie," who had a brief arc on "The Closer," is a regular on that Tim Robbins-Holly Hunter series on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 487March 20, 2018 2:56 AM

Is her name pronounced like Susie? I've wondered that for awhile.

I am wondering if some of the older cast members will retire or not. GW Bailey has been around since MASH < remember that? Denison is getting long in the tooth to be a romantic lead. Mary does eccentric well, and can always show up unexpectedly on any show.

by Anonymousreply 488March 20, 2018 4:11 AM

Okay, this has bugged me since the other thread talking about the show - it was named M.A.S.H., not MASH.

by Anonymousreply 489March 20, 2018 5:28 AM

R489 On IMDB it has it both ways. The TV show is listed as M.A.S.H. (aka MASH), but the 1970 movie is MASH.

by Anonymousreply 490March 20, 2018 2:09 PM

Provenza as Sgt Rizzo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 21, 2018 1:05 AM

Just saw on IMDB that Tony Denison is in an upcoming movie called Frank and Ava. Could see that being popular among the DL crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 21, 2018 8:14 PM

Billy Burke was great as Stroh.

by Anonymousreply 493March 23, 2018 9:58 PM

She was even better as Glinda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 23, 2018 10:05 PM

I loved Tony Denison in Crime Story. It was too before it's time. It would have been a huge hit these days.

by Anonymousreply 495July 2, 2018 2:54 PM

Just saw that Mary McDonnell and Edward James Olmos are in a new film coming out in December called Walking With Herb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 6, 2018 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!