Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Cromwell was hot

Nude in "Tank"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 29, 2019 4:01 AM

I found him oddly hot in "LA Confidential" as the evil Captain Dudley.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2013 11:39 PM

He'll always be Stretch Cunningham to me.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2013 11:41 PM

Total vegan. And has been for many years.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2013 11:42 PM

That's a quality ass for a middle-aged man.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2013 11:45 PM

He was hot in "Murder By Death" as James CoCo's French chauffeur. There's a scene toward the end of the movie where he's in nothing but very sheer underwear. I used to slo-mo the video hoping to see anything peeking through.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2013 11:47 PM

His ass looked great in that episode of "Three's Company"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2013 12:03 AM

He's 6'7", so you can just imagine how...ahem...big it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2013 12:08 AM

His lookalike son John

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2013 12:09 AM

Saw him on the Highline yesterday? I'd still hit that...hard!

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2013 4:55 AM

He has more pork than me!

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2013 6:52 AM

[quote]He has more pork than me!

That'll do, Pig.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2013 2:34 PM

Very passionate and interesting liberal activist. Here's some information on him from Wikipedia and IMDb:

He has long been an advocate of progressive causes. In the late 1960s, he was a member of "The Committee to Defend The Panthers", a group organized to defend 13 members of the Black Panther Party who had been imprisoned in New York on charges of conspiracy. All thirteen were eventually released. In a 2004 interview with CNN.com, Cromwell praised the Panthers. He became a vegetarian in 1974 after seeing a stockyard in Texas and experiencing the "smell, terror and anxiety. He became an ethical vegan while playing the character of Farmer Hoggett in the movie Babe in 1995. He frequently speaks out on issues regarding animal cruelty for PETA, largely the treatment of pigs. In the book Money Men, author Jeffrey Birnbaum describes how John McCain went out of his way to meet Cromwell as he advocated on Capitol Hill for funding of Native American arts education. He served as the narrator of the short film Farm to Fridge, a documentary produced by Mercy for Animals.In an October 2008 interview, he strongly attacked the Republican Party and the George W. Bush administration, saying their foreign policy would "either destroy us or the entire planet." In February 2013, Cromwell was arrested for interrupting a University of Wisconsin Board of Regents meeting while showing a graphic photo of a cat to protest alleged mistreatment of animals on campus.The well-publicized incident, which garnered nationwide notice, was resolved March 25, 2013 when an attorney representing Cromwell entered no-contest pleas to the non-criminal offense and agreed to pay $100 forfeitures and court costs of $263.50.

Entertainment Weekly took his side, saying, "James Cromwell, 73, is standing up for his feline friends. The American Horror Story: Asylum actor was arrested on Feb. 7 in Madison, Wis., after interrupting a University of Wisconsin Board of Regents meeting to protest the school’s experimentation on cats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2013 2:49 PM

Good for him.

Why was he naked in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Trivia. He is the son of John Cromwell who directed a couple of my favorite movies, "Since You Went Away" and "Anna and the King of Siam". Also the stepson of Ruth Nelson who, most notably for me, was Robert DeNiro's mother in "Awakenings".

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2013 3:29 PM

He's got serious BDF.

He looks like a handsomer, less houndish version of James Woods, and Jimmy has a foot long cock, so I'm guessing Cromwell's packing some serious cock, too.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2013 4:19 PM

I liked him in 'American Horror Story'.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2013 4:37 PM

His dad also directed that women's prison movie, "Caged".

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2013 5:08 PM

I honestly can't use "hot" and "James Cromwell" in the same sentence. Appealing yes,hot NO.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2013 11:31 PM

^^Oh, Helen, there's a reason you're d, d and b!

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2013 12:00 AM

Who's had him?

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2013 3:32 PM

And he's kind of a classic pepaw.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2013 11:35 AM

Here's some great trivia!

His mother actress Ruth Nelson posed in the early 1930s for the Columbia Pictures logo of the lady with the torch.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2013 11:40 AM

Ruth Nelson was also a member of the Group Theater and was in the original productions of Waiting For Lefty and Men in White among others.

She appeared in regional theater productions all her life into her late 80's

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2013 12:58 PM

Interesting. Maybe it was appearances in The Queen (as Prince Philip) and Babe, but I always just assumed he was one of those British or Australian actors who plays American all the time.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2013 1:03 PM

Cromwell has the ability (looks and talent) to be easily cast in roles ranging from royalty to white trash.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2013 1:33 PM

Not bad. But then, I always thought Sam Waterston was hot too.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2013 3:14 AM

He is known to have an ENORMOUS cock. He is the very definition of BDF.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2013 3:43 AM

R27 = another DataLounge ass wipe.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2013 3:59 AM

FINALLY! Someone else gets it too! I really thought I was really, really, really out there : ) One of the best bare bumm scene around.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2014 12:33 PM

He's very very very very tall

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Liberal. I have no use for him or his kind.

by Anonymousreply 31December 29, 2019 3:57 AM

How did you even find a necro thread from 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 32December 29, 2019 4:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!