Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Fan Club: Boston Bombing Suspect Gets Support From Girls, #FreeJahar

As 19-year-old Boston bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev awaits trial, a legion of Americans -- often teenage girls -- has been furiously filling the Internet with fan club sites and support groups.

Alisha, a blond, blue-eyed 18-year-old from Topeka, Kan., is one of these Tsarnaev's "fans." Using her Twitter handle @keepitbluntedd, Alisha has been questioning the government's case against the younger Tsarnaev brother.

In an interview with the New York Post, Alisha even said she was planning on getting a quote of the teen (“If you have the knowledge and the inspiration all that’s left is to take action”) tattooed on her upper arm.

“He was just this pothead 19-year-old boy who didn’t care,” she told The Post. “I don’t see it.”

Although Alisha has decided not to get the tattoo, she has not backed down from her support for Tsarnaev. And she is far from alone.

Using the hashtag #freejahar, as well as handles -- like @FreeJaha, @Fighting4Jahar or @PrayForJaharr -- that contain Tsarnaev's nickname, the suspect's supporters are easy to find online.

There are also multiple Facebook pages, such as the "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Free Jahar movement," which currently boasts 6,600 members. Many of these pages express similar sentiments to those expressed in the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Free Jahar movement's "About" section:

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a young man of 19 years of age's life has been stolen and has been made into a public object of hate, created by the inaccurate reports by the media. We believe in innocent until proven guilty by undeniable evidence, which so far has not been provided.

According to Yahoo! Shine, fans have made bracelets, and the phrase "too pretty to be guilty" is becoming a common refrain.

Yahoo! spoke to several psychologists, who said Tsarnaev's appeal may stem from the myth of the "bad boy" or from a deeper motive: fame.

“It’s not that he’s a bomb suspect, it’s that he’s notorious,” Sheila Isenberg, author of “Women Who Love Men Who Kill,” told the site. “A lot are going to say, ‘I just want to make sure he gets a fair trial, but that’s really window dressing for their inherent need to get famous themselves.”

“Similar to the fascination teen girls have with vampire characters in movies and books, dark characters are a way to forge a separate identity and to defiantly (or rebelliously) declare oneself as independent of authority figures,” psychologist Jill Weber noted. “Some of this is normal teen development, but being drawn to a criminal is a dysfunctional way to forge independence.”

ABC News adds that this phenomenon is not limited to "cute" teenage suspects, either.

Luka Magnotta, the so-called "Cannibal killer," has a devoted female fan base as well, the outlet reports. Accused Aurora shooter James Holmes had a legion of fan girls all his own, including Aurora, Colo., resident Misty Benjamin, who told reporters she was "physically attracted" to Holmes.

"When I get upset, I look at his picture and I calm down," she said at the time.

Of course, social media only throws fuel on the fire, giving teens in particular an accepting, somewhat anonymous community to express their beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 7502/03/2014

Pathetic lonely insecure women.

by Anonymousreply 105/16/2013

Listen up, feminists. These are the females you fought for all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 205/16/2013

Future prison wives.

by Anonymousreply 405/16/2013

Proud wearer of the Too African-American To Be Guilty OJ support bangle here.

Memo to Amanda Knox PR team : Jahar's really caught you napping

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2014

Yes, r9!

by Anonymousreply 1101/30/2014

So easy for "fight" for a cause these days: Alisha didn't even have to move her fat ass off her computer chair. Just a few phrases into her twitter account, and suddenly she's a patriot.

by Anonymousreply 1201/30/2014

These girls are pathetic and Tsarnaev should fry.

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2014

Cut off his dick, shove it down his throat, and let him choke to death.

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2014

Wait until the outpouring of the "bleeding hearts" with their stance that death penalty is cruel. Standing outside the prison with their stupid placards. Would love to know if they would be thinking that way if a member of their family was murdered, or killed in such a bombing. An eye for an eye.

by Anonymousreply 1701/30/2014

I sincerely hope that they keep this trial in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2014

r20, let me help you.

by Anonymousreply 2201/30/2014

Too bad the hotter brother died.

by Anonymousreply 2601/30/2014

Why is there still no mug shot? He probably looks like hell now. One bad pic would put an end to the fan clubs.

by Anonymousreply 2701/30/2014

[quote]Alisha, a blond, blue-eyed 18-year-old from Topeka, Kan., is one of these Tsarnaev's "fans."

They forgot to mention how fat, 'cause you just know she is.

by Anonymousreply 2801/30/2014

These are the same kind of dumbshit girls who are "Beliebers." Same mentality.

by Anonymousreply 3001/30/2014

we'll send them back to Saudi Arabia where there only option will be growing fat in a burka.

by Anonymousreply 3101/30/2014

And this gentlemen is why I refer to a lot of women as "natural born bottoms".

by Anonymousreply 3201/31/2014

I believe Holder asked for the death penalty after reading this.

by Anonymousreply 3301/31/2014

Lame. Even if he were innocent which he isn't he's just some wrongly accused guy not a fucking hero.

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2014

This was a Jihad terror attack by two privileged young men...don't get it twisted.

by Anonymousreply 3601/31/2014

They're wicked dumb.

by Anonymousreply 3901/31/2014

Who should act in the roles of Dzhokhar and Alisha in the LMN made for TV movie?

by Anonymousreply 4001/31/2014

Too bad that she was NOT standing at the....

by Anonymousreply 4301/31/2014

As a woman, I'm mortified and feel humiliated by all these women as I am by all the idiots who "fall in love" with the worst criminals. Something is terribly wrong with the education of girls (and education of kids in general).

OTOH, you can also see men here who say how "hot" a criminal is just because they are young and good looking (always happens on threads of criminals here) so it's not limited to women.

I think it's a sad testament of the shallowness of people that they would give so much credit to someone just because of their looks. If all these scumbags (terrorists, rapists, murderers) were ugly, they wouldn't get a 1/10 of the support they get. It also shows how completely detached many young people are from reality and have no empathy anymore. They are treating these "people" like celebs just because they are "famous". The fame itself is of greater value than anything else and they don't even take the time to think about the monstrous crimes they committed and the people they harmed.

People make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 4401/31/2014

I'm laughing at all the DLers citing "the girls." Wasn't it you bitches that were drooling all over him following the aftermath of the bombing? It isn't just limited to the girls. We have our own in-house psychopaths festering among us.

by Anonymousreply 4601/31/2014

WHO. Who were drooling.

by Anonymousreply 4701/31/2014

He gleefully killed or maimed scores of innocent people, yet is using every legal maneuver to save his life, his lawyers stating he was under the influence of his brother. He will spend the rest of his years in prison, no doubt receiving a college education at taxpayer's expense, enjoying the free medical facilities while his maimed victims had soaring medical expenses. As Shakespeare eloquently stated in one of his plays "kill all lawyers."

by Anonymousreply 5001/31/2014

I have a twisted side, but drooling over this guy is just too much for me. I live close enough to have heard the bombs go off. It was beyond my ability to describe how awful this act was. I'm against the death penalty, but won't be protesting when this monster fryes.

by Anonymousreply 5101/31/2014

(R52) If he lives another 30+ years how will his living be less expensive than his execution?

by Anonymousreply 5401/31/2014

Yet another adult man referred to as a kid. This infantilization of them is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 5701/31/2014

r54, the poster is conflating civilian murder cases and terrorist trials.

In a civilian case, s/he would be right, but terrorists trials are different.

There are few appeals on technical grounds, because the government usually has the right people arrested. Even if they don't find everyone in a terrorist conspiracy, the ones in the dock are guilty.

Massive federal resources are put into investigation, so appeals are not likely.

The anti-death penalty advocates who file amicus briefs and federal court appeals generally don't take on terrorists because of national security and it doesn't help their cause.

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2014

I am a firm believer in people taking responsibility for their actions. The brothers came to our beloved country with one purpose in mind. They committed a henious crime . They may not have been as successful as they originally intended, but it was still horrendous none the less. It's time to answer for what he has done,and to pay the penalty, death or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 5901/31/2014

r50... His lawyers will probably use the newest hip defense.... 'affluenza'

by Anonymousreply 6101/31/2014

r60. These kids are practically trained from birth for this purpose

by Anonymousreply 6201/31/2014

You must be Dzhokie's cousin

by Anonymousreply 6501/31/2014

Creepy, creepy murder groupies. Thank the Gods men rule the world and not women. We'd have murder groupies as heads of state!

by Anonymousreply 6601/31/2014

Put him in a cell with Jodi Arias. They can sing, do handstands, design freedom fighter tee shirts, and maybe even start that book club. He'll be fine as long as Jodi doesn't find out about the eighteen year old fan club president.

by Anonymousreply 6801/31/2014

R69, you forgot to mention that he's just too cute to execute, if that's what you're getting at.

It kills me when I read "he was only following his older brother"! How, just HOW, can anyone possibly KNOW that? He could easily have been the instigator. Maybe his older brother was following him! There is nothing I've read or seen that is evidence that he was "only following orders", as if that was an excuse!

by Anonymousreply 7002/01/2014

The older brother slaughtered three people, including his best friend in 2011 and wasn't even questioned over the killings. He got away with it. His accomplice was mysteriously killed by the feds in Florida in May.

TT was a controlling, paranoid, multiple killer who did who knows what to coerce a popular, likeable, humane 19 yr old into an act of incredible cruelty. Friends, teachers and neighbours all speak of DT in glowing terms and all expressed sincere shock and disbelief at his actions.

Expect the defense to detail the abuse DT suffered at not only his brother's hands but the hands of his mother and father too. The guy was raised in a violent, paranoid, chaotic family environment and was effectively left in the hands of his mentally ill brother after his parents fled the country. The cast of characters surrounding this case will make your hair curl.

You don't have to be a fan girl to see that the youngest is being held accountable for his brother's actions as well. If Tamerlan had survived, DT would be viewed as his follower, perhaps even his victim and not by any means the instigator of this horrific event.

by Anonymousreply 7302/03/2014

"I tend to think sympathy for this kid is more about his youth than his looks. We were all 19 at one time and can remember doing stupid, thoughtless things"

NO, at 19, this murderer should be held responsible for his actions. A 19 yr. old today is not like a 19 yr old years ago. He knew what he was doing, he could have run and snitched his evil brother out and saved a lot of heartache and pain. No one is that scared to let that much harm and heartache happen for the sake of their evil brother. Plus, he had a role in the action not just a innocent accomplice.

I have no sympathy for anyone who uses violence to make their mark on the world. He should be executed. I know a shot to the head is considered cruel and unusual punishment but it's a heck of a lot faster and cheaper than lethal injection and ten times cheaper than housing this animal for a lifetime.

As far as him being hot or even cute, no way. He looks like a fucking used mop which should have been chucked years ago. The hair, the honker, the dead eye look, NO. Just cuz a guy is young, doesn't mean he's hot except to a desperate fag.

by Anonymousreply 7402/03/2014

Is he still cute since he got shot? We have only seen the Tiger Beat type photos before he turned to a life of crime...

by Anonymousreply 7502/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!