Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steven Spielberg has another protege'

Alden Ehrenreich, whom he "discovered" at a Bat Mitzvah. Already bumping other actors out of roles.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7408/14/2014

He's got that menacing Tom Cruise smile that says "You're gonna think I'm GREAT...or else!"

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 104/15/2013

Yikes - What's with Steven and the rat-faced boys?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 204/15/2013

Hot and of age. Win win I say. He does look a TAD old looking for someone born in 1989, but me wants to fuck it.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 304/15/2013

He's actually a good actor. I thought he was totally charming in that Beautiful Creatures movie that nobody saw.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 504/15/2013

So does this finally mark the end of LaDouche?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 704/15/2013

I guess it's too late to give him a part on "Smash."

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 804/15/2013

"Yikes - What's with Steven and the rat-faced boys?"

Shia LaDouche looked eerily like Spielberg as a young man, I'll post pictures later if anyone hasn't seen the creepy resemblance. Either Spielberg is the little monster's biological relative, or he likes seeing his own face up on the screen.

But apparently that wasn't enough to get him to put up with the psycho behavior, nobody is willing to work with Shia these days.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 904/16/2013

[quote]This is why I have always discouraged friends from going into acting. You could have years of training at Juliard, the looks of a god and major audition chops... and some little shit with luck and access is working and you're bartending.

Juilliard is access. If you fail with a degree from Juilliard it's your own damn fault.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1004/16/2013

Remember Spielberg being stalked by that super hot stud actor a while back? The guy went to jail for threatening Spielberg. I always wondered about that.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1104/16/2013

In one of his essays Crispin Glover insinuated that Spielberg likes very young boys.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1204/16/2013

How dare you all say these things about one of our greatest directors? He certainly never laid a hand on me!

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1304/16/2013

I was about to comment r12. Why is it that Spielberg hasn't been tapped for having these little young male protege? Any other male director would have been gossiped about as creepy.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1404/16/2013

This kid got his start in a starring role in Francis Ford Coppola's Tetro a couple years ago, with Vincent Gallo. He was actually very good, as was the film too few people saw. I worried I'd never see him again. Glad to see him getting work.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1504/16/2013

WE are gossiping about it r14, and we're not the only ones.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1604/16/2013

R9 please post the pics, don't think I've seen them before

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1704/16/2013

Not really r16, no one really talks about it like they did with Fincher/Mara, although that may now change. This is the only place I've seen it mentioned in passing.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1804/16/2013

[quote]This is the only place I've seen it mentioned in passing.

That ought to tell you something.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 1904/16/2013

Connections and biases are why there is a huge disparity in the number of gay people between early life acting like in high school productions and Hollywood. Gay men are enthralled by the entertainment industry yet none of the main entertainment news shows has ever had a gay male host.

Is Alden actually Jewish ethnically (genetically)? In the wikipedia article it says stepfather and raised Jewish. He doesn't look Jewish.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2004/16/2013

No way he's only 23. With those crow's feet and forehead lines, he's at least ten years older than that - if not more.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2104/16/2013

Oh please (21), if he were over 12 Spielberg wouldn't even be interested.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2204/16/2013

What happened to protege Jeremy Irvine? I got nervous when I heard he had a special relationship with Warren Beatty.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2304/16/2013

The Jonathan Norman thing was really interesting. He was an actor who'd apparently met Spielberg, yet that was downplayed considerably in the press. Bodybuilder, good looking. His plan was to tie Spielberg up with duct tape and rape him in front of his wife. Which sounds like revenge to me. He was given a huge sentence, especially considering the rape never occurred- 25 years to life. Most rapists don't get that. Most murderers don't get that! He quickly disappeared. I remember them reporting it on some entertainment show, right when he was arrested, and the story sounded odd. Like something was missing.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2404/16/2013

This is him, BTW...

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2504/16/2013

Interesting (24), that story sure disappeared quickly in the media...

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2604/16/2013

Didn't it though?

Also interesting that no one tried to interview him. An actor stalking a famous director, and the media never sought out an interview? He just disappeared.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2704/16/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2804/16/2013

Rich married people often have strange adult guests over for play, and then it goes sour. Really sour.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 2904/16/2013

Guy, you should comment on the "My bisexual bottoming friend from high school is "coming out"..." thread. I have a feeling you have some insight...

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3004/16/2013

A random search of Steven Spielberg pedophile yields a lot of results. A LOT.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3104/16/2013

R24,does sound like a cover-up --

The protege is UGLY- phew!

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3204/16/2013

Right, his plan or the requested fantasy?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3304/16/2013

Well, good question. The "stalker" was on their secured estate, somehow waiting for Spielberg. Somehow he knew how to bypass all their security.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3404/17/2013

Spielberg/Jonathan Brandis=Brad Renfro/Joel Schumacher.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3504/17/2013

If Tom Cruise and Matt Damon had a baby, he'd look like that guy.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3604/17/2013

[quote]No way he's only 23. With those crow's feet and forehead lines, he's at least ten years older than that - if not more.

Agreed.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3704/17/2013

How does one get "discovered" at a Bat Mitzvah?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3804/17/2013

He looks like Leo to me. Scorsese probably hooked him up with Spielberg.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 3904/17/2013

Yes, I thought he looked like Leo, too.

And LaDouche absolutely looks like Spielberg's bastard son, yeesh.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4004/17/2013

Couldn't he at least get a better looking protege?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4104/17/2013

Crispin's essay "What Is It?".

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4204/17/2013

I tried to talk to Steve about it. You know I did.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4304/17/2013

If there is such thing as Jewish racism (racism of Jewish people toward non Jews) I would label Spielberg as one.

I've never attempted to notice, but in recent years he seems to have an interest in Jewish-only actors/actresses.

I could be wrong but this is just my impression of him. Something about this man is sketchy and loathsome.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4404/17/2013

Wow,[R42] I am surprised Spielberg has not sued over that essay. It's pretty blantant. There is something weird about Spielberg and his proteges. I don't know anything about this particular actor except the Wikipedia page does not have an attractive picture of him and it doesn't look like the Spielberg connection has paid off yet.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4504/17/2013

one of the first DL threads I read- a gossip one (that ended up deleted?)- it was discussing the Coreys and his thinly veiled claims of pedophilia and Hollywood. Then some accusations about Steven S. The movies AI and Peter Pan seem creepy after all of that speculation.

The bodybuilder stalker has the same icky rat face as the new protegee!

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4604/17/2013

does anybody else have juicy director/producer gossip?

much more interesting than "who is gay".

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4704/17/2013

Love the Crispin essay. Wow!!

And he also referenced the stalker as well....hmmm...

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4804/17/2013

Re: Jonathan Norman

[quote]He was given a huge sentence, especially considering the rape never occurred- 25 years to life. Most rapists don't get that. Most murderers don't get that! He quickly disappeared.

He was sentenced under California's Three Strikes Law.

On your third felony conviction (of anything), you go away for life.

It keeps all the fucked up people off the streets.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 4904/17/2013

R49...the "three strikes" law was not in play when the trial started. Spielberg's lawyers got the judge to 'reinterpret' two of his previous crimes as falling under the "three strikes" rubric, which was unprecedented.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5104/17/2013

Does SS like teen boys??

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5204/17/2013

Amen, r47.

All I have, remembered from the good DL threads that were zapped, are:

Sherry Lansing was responsible for Ashley Judd's career (casting couch in full effect)

Christopher Nolan is a serial cheater who has a complicated relationship with his wife, who is greatly responsible for his success

David Fincher is gay and likes very young guys (15-18 years old). Another poster said he was straight (maybe bi) and liked 15-16 year old girls.

Both posters said he was a dominating prick type, possibly in the BDSM sense also.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5304/17/2013

Yeah, I know--oh dear, "all I have *is*, not are:

I also have a douchebag fetish, so I'd love to know how/why Michael Bay and Megan Fox reconciled. I wonder if she had to wash his Ferrari again.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5404/17/2013

"Does SS like teen boys??"

No, he never touched me! Stop hounding me! Shhhh!t

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5504/17/2013

WTF? Yes, Alden is "ethnically" Jewish. Born to two Jewish parents, and his stepfather is also Jewish.

For future reference: Actors of fully Jewish background: -Logan Lerman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Bar Refaeli, James Wolk, Julian Morris, Esti Ginzburg, Kat Dennings, Erin Heatherton, Odeya Rush, Anton Yelchin, Paul Rudd, Scott Mechlowicz, Andrew Garfield, Lizzy Caplan, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gal Gadot, Robert Kazinsky, Melanie Laurent, Marla Sokoloff, Shiri Appleby, Justin Bartha, Adam Brody, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gabriel Macht.

Actors with Jewish mothers and non-Jewish fathers -Jake Gyllenhaal, James Franco, Scarlett Johansson, Daniel Radcliffe, Alison Brie, Eva Green, Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Connelly, Eric Dane, Jeremy Jordan, Joel Kinnaman.

Actors with Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers, who themselves were either raised as Jews and/or identify as Jews: -Ezra Miller, Alexa Davalos, Nat Wolff, James Maslow, Josh Bowman, Ben Foster, Nikki Reed, Zoey Deutch.

Actors with one Jewish-born parent and one parent who converted to Judaism -Dianna Agron, Sara Paxton (whose father converted, not her mother), Alicia Silverstone, Jamie-Lynn Sigler.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5603/01/2014

Spielberg generally likes established, often gentile stars. But he tends to promote and build brands around Jews, while gentiles are often ignored. Ethnic bias, and rather sick.

Wasn't S Lansing the same woman who got Suzanne Somers off the blacklist? Or am I thinking of another behind the scenes player? I remember Somers was basically living with this powerful woman, attending major functions as her SO and rumored to do anything that was asked sexually...

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5703/01/2014

Somers' hubby Hamel manages everything and always has. He managed her out of stardom with his stupid demands and managed her into bed with women like Liz Smith. He was smart with the latter: Hollywood has so many men that are 1) gay or 2) pedophiles that SS' market was better wither powerful fish. It also cut away the chance that she'd marry another more powerful man and leave him. If there's a bisexual whore in Hollywood that hasn't slept with Lansing for a career boost I'd be surprised.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5803/01/2014

IF SS hadn't found Alden, someone else would have.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 5903/02/2014

Alden is HOT AS HELL.

He's in Blue Jasmine as the erstwhile stepson - he's gorgeous and holds his own with Blanchett.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6003/02/2014

It's yet another bumped thread, but even so it should be noted at Miss Spielberg had to do something when Shia lost his mind and started refusing to douche before his "visits." Plus he was starting to look pretty damned rangy, and Steverino likes them smooth and shiny.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6103/02/2014

[quote]he tends to promote and build brands around Jews

Indeed. I'm on my way to synagogue even as I speak,

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6203/02/2014

Harrison is Jewish, r62.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6303/02/2014

Spielberg finds his portages in such weird places. Wasn't Harrison Ford his carpenter? Now this kid was in a film short shown at a Bar Mitzvah? You can't tell me that wasn't planned. The parents knew Spielberg would be there and took the opportunity to shove their kid in the spot light. How crass. Spielberg must have to endure "additions" every where he goes.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6403/02/2014

Jonathan Norman received 25 years due to California's three strikes law. He had two previous felony convictions. He attempted to break into Spielberg's property a month before his arrest when he was found with the rape kit.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6503/02/2014

"additions" = "auditions"

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6603/02/2014

But what are you going to do about "portages," R66 R64?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6703/02/2014

great thread. Thanks for the Crispin Glover link.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6803/02/2014

bump

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 6907/31/2014

Surprised Crispin glover said that!

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7007/31/2014

Harrison Ford was never anyone's carpenter R64. He was everyone's pot dealer.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7108/08/2014

So was Leo's mother everyone's pot dealer. Ford did do carpentry too.

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7208/09/2014

[quote]Could anal rape of Steven Spielberg be simply the manifestation of a cultural mandate?

Deep Thoughts, by Crispin Glover

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7308/14/2014

What is the story with Daphne Zuniga and Spielberg? Is/was she his piece on the side? The only place I have ever seen this alluded to is on D.L. She has never been in one of his movies. What is their connection?

by Sam Worthington, back to waiting tablesreply 7408/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.