Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vicious: An Eldergay sitcom

Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi star as a couple. Seems like a great pairing. I love both of them.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Friday at 3:29 AM

Sirena promoted this on Johnathan Ross, show I think this will be great.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

"Golden Bois". I hope it's not just Virginia Woolf-type laying into each other all the time.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

R3, what else is there to do when you're that age and gay?

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

They should have called it 'Dames'.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

I went to the filming of the Christmas special recently - it's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

I won't miss it. I like both of them.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

I can't find a page to stream it.

Anyone have any luck?

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

R7, if you like them, wouldn't you miss it a great deal?

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

Isn't there a Canadian reality show called "Golden Gays" with a similar theme set in Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

Looks good! Originally, it was titled "Bitter Old Queens" and Joanna Lumley was going to star as well.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

r8 - it hasn't starting airing yet. They only just finished filming. I don't think they've announced an air date yet.

Unless you mean a page to stream ITV in general, in which case there are some - some David Tennant fansites were passing around links to stream Broadchurch.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2013

It was originally going to be titled "Vicious Old Queens" and when offerered to Serena he said "but I'm not old!"

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2013

Nobody delivers a line like Sir Ian. He is perfect for a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2013

I thought we weren't allowed to use the E word.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2013

That promo does not make me want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013

Will there be any hissing? I will only watch if there's hissing.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2013

Nasty, self-hating, gay-insulting shit. The series was originally going to be called "Vicious Old Queens" and while the TV company realised after the initial reaction to this, that it would be a bad idea, they kept the website they'd set up - try looking for viciousoldqueens with a dotcom on the end.

We don't need this hateshit. Shame on both of them for being part of it.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2013

Is that for a heterosexual audience?

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2013

The reviews were terrible, but I just watched the first episode and thought it was hilarious. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

The reviews are uniformly negative.

As one observed: On first viewing I couldn’t understand why, in the year 2013, two gay men – Gary Janetti and Mark Ravenhill – would create a comedy about gay men who conform to almost every homophobic stereotype: bitchy, vain, melodramatic, lecherous, rude, sulky. The programme’s working title was Vicious Old Queens. It was as if Germaine Greer had created a sitcom called Dykes, about two feminists who hate men, wear dungarees and have no sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

It was absolutely dreadful, first episode aired in UK here this week. Painfully unfunny and dated. Surely the knights are more hip than that in real life, didn't they realise how unfunny and stereotyped it is?

Frances de la Tour is all wrong too as their friend, she is like something out of the 70s, from that sitcom of hers then, Rising Damp.

They should have had Joanna Lumley, and they should have been more hip and up todate, like gay men are.

The young straight guy who moves in upstairs wasnt that cute either, and behaved like a simpleton, as the 2 old queens fancy him. I just found it cringeworthy and so cliched. What a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2013

and if Frances de tour mentioned 'is Zac Efron a place or a person' once more I would have screamed! Thats the level of wit on show here.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2013

I don't know Mark Ravenhill, but having spent more than 10 seconds with Gary Janetti, he IS "bitchy, vain, melodramatic, lecherous, rude, sulky".

As they say, write what you know.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

I don't why McKellan signed on. He hardly needs the money or exposure.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2013

Wow, if that clip is any indication what the show is like, PASS. Looks dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2013

How disappointing that there's finally a sitcom entirely centered around gay people but the characters are thirty years out of date.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2013

The talent were cause for hope, but then you have to remember it's on ITV. Wit pace and sophistication were never likely to survive that channel's mission to dumb down, even if such qualities were ever there at all. So far all 'Vicious' does is not offend 'Sun' or 'Express' readers.

To be fair, BBC2's effort years ago 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' was little better. Gay writer, gay star, youthful energy, 'broad comedy', minimal laughs.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2013

I think it is wonderful to see two older gay out actors giving a glimpse into the world many lived in but few have seen so long ago.

It's a comedic museum piece. I would love to see an entire episode written in polari!

They are the equivalent of paleo-gays frozen in amber.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2013

Polari wasn't developed enough to actually a language.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2013

Oh, John, you are one Brit daddy I would have easily surrendered to...

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2013

Even if the comedy goes south, it was an era that I loved -- the constant bitchery of real professionals at it. True, I'm not altogether sorry the era has gone (DL is a pallid simulacrum), and life is ever so much better today. But there was a lot to admire in a generation that kept their heads up despite the hate.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

British comedy is a mess, and has been for over a decade.

That being said, the public enjoys this show. The critics hate it, but it's still a success. Reminds me of the reaction "Gimme Gimme Gimme" received.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2013

thanks to youtube, I was able to watch it. and i like it lol.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2013

I liked the little bit that I was able to see on YouTube. Ian looks like he's having fun. Jacobi doesn't look comfortable in the role. BTW, the young guy playing Ash is also the crazy guy who pretended to help Theon in GoT, only to bring him back to the place where he was being held prisioner. He looks like a crazed Hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2013

Well, once the acting is dialed down down a bit it will be quite watchable.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2013

With the show down by over 2 million viewers for its second episode controversial art critic Brian Sewell says ITV’s new sitcom Vicious reminds him of a less progressive period for gay people.

Last month’s launch episode opened to 5.53 million viewers, but Monday’s second instalment recorded 3.52 million viewers – a fall of 2.01 million – however it was still the most watched show outside of the soaps for the evening.

Created by Will and Grace writer Gary Janetti and award-winning playwright Mark Ravenhill, Vicious sees Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Derek Jacobi play Freddie and Stuart, a bickering gay couple who have been together for 50 years.

Brian Sewell, who in 2011 complained of there being too many LGBT characters in British soaps, has taken the show to task in the London Evening Standard.

He wrote: “Vicious, ITV’s current attempt to make a comedy of camp old queens who have lived together for too long, is well-named. Vicious is precisely what it is — a spiteful parody that could not have been nastier had it been devised and written by a malevolent and recriminatory heterosexual.”

The 81-year-old critic continued: “The trouble for the scriptwriters was, of course, that ageing homosexuals who were never aspiring actors but tinkers, tailors, soldiers, sailors and even art critics do not behave like pantomime dames at an audition, are not an endless source of venomous barbs, are not constantly falling into limp-wristed attitudes and are not all too ready to huff and puff in pretended hurt.

“Ordinary old homosexuals, if they ever step into such caricature, do so as the self-mocking joke with which minorities defend themselves, and the duration is not half an hour but the time it takes to say ‘Get her,’ or some such nonsense.”

Sewell believes the show reminds him of a less progressive period for gay people and that the humour displayed by the characters disguises the pain of not being able to fully embrace being gay.

“Vicious is no more than a compilation of stale travesties reaching back half a century to the oppressive years when homosexuality was so much against the law that a man could not even ask the question of another man. In public it could only be lampooned — but the lampoon was something of a safety-valve, the in-joke of self-mockery with which all minorities camouflage their secret misery.”

Sewell adds: “Vicious, in reviving all the old exaggerated jokes, the posturing, the determination to be heard, may well revive the pernicious prejudices against the faggot and the poof so long familiar to men of my generation. Remember the three teenagers who kicked a man to death in Trafalgar Square.”

by Anonymousreply 3805/07/2013

Is there a link for episode 2?

by Anonymousreply 3905/11/2013

here?

by Anonymousreply 4005/11/2013

In case you die while I'm away, I'll say good bye now...

by Anonymousreply 4105/11/2013

r36- that "crazed hobbit" has a hot body:

by Anonymousreply 4205/11/2013

[quote}art critics...are not an endless source of venomous barbs

Oh but you are, Brian, you are. That's why the UK art establishment has as little to do with you as possible; and why you duly "huff and puff in pretended hurt" about it in your memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 4305/11/2013

where can i see episode 1

by Anonymousreply 4405/11/2013

ITVPlayer

by Anonymousreply 4505/11/2013

b

by Anonymousreply 4605/11/2013

I loved it, I was laughing the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 4705/14/2013

I liked it as well, but in my case, I actually lived that scenario. When I moved to NYC there was a older gay couple that lived in my building. The one had been involved with the theater in the 1950s and 1960s. They behaved very much like the characters in Vicious.

by Anonymousreply 4805/14/2013

I still want to fuck Jacobi...

by Anonymousreply 5005/15/2013

I love it! I hope it becomes bigger than Downton Abbey. The cast is adorable. It's camp, people.

by Anonymousreply 5105/18/2013

In some ways it suffers from the same problem as DataLounge. Pointless bitchery without wit and charm is pointless sociopathology.

It was the wit and charm that made the oppression bearable. Jacobi has a lot of it in reserve but McKellan, I hope the writers fill his well.

If they wrote it like a geriatric "Will and Jack", now that would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 5205/19/2013

Hip Hop Thursday!

by Anonymousreply 5305/22/2013

I think the series is starting to find its rhythm.

by Anonymousreply 5405/22/2013

"In some ways it suffers from the same problem as DataLounge. Pointless bitchery without wit and charm is pointless sociopathology."

And you fit right in, don't you, dear?

by Anonymousreply 5505/22/2013

[bitchy, vain, melodramatic, lecherous, rude, sulky]

Every gay guy I know is like this - minus the lecherous part.

by Anonymousreply 5605/22/2013

Episode 3 was a great improvement over the first 2.

by Anonymousreply 5705/22/2013

The Job Lot right after Vicious, is very good. Hopevthey'll do a second series, and gay actor Russell Tovey (playing straight) is so cool.

by Anonymousreply 5805/23/2013

I think Derek Jacobi is adorable in this. He looked so cute when they went to the club and he had all those buckles on his jacket. I met him a few weeks ago at the BAFTA TV awards and he was very nice.I would totally be his young friend with benefits.

by Anonymousreply 5905/23/2013

Is Gary writing about what his life with Brad will be like in five minutes?

by Anonymousreply 6005/23/2013

I liked it. It does traffic in the worst cliches, but Jacobi, McKellen, and LaTour are totally game for some reason. I think it works, but Jacobi needs to take it down a notch.

by Anonymousreply 6105/23/2013

The latest, 3rd?, episode where they go clubbing (predictably to The Shadow Lounge) is actually quite funny.

I actually met McKellen out clubbing 10 years ago, in London in 2003. Friends and I were at the Vauxhall Tavern for their Duckie night on Saturday when McKellen and a party arrived, and they were next to my party. This was at the height of LOTR mania and everybody wanted to talk to him, but I kept my distance but we found ourselves next to each other at the bar, when I mentioned that I imagined all anybody wanted to talk to him about now was Gandalf, but I had got his Gods & Monsters the previous week, so we mentioned that. Later that evening our paths crossed again at Crash club, which was just across the way, where he was watching his young friends dance..

by Anonymousreply 6205/23/2013

It is wonderful to be able to see how gays act in real life - campy, sex-crazed and bitchy! Millions of people around the world will love this, it is so funny - and it's REAL gay life! Get over it!

by Anonymousreply 6305/23/2013

r62, now that was a gay post in which you somehow make it all about you.

You must be a beautiful launderette.

by Anonymousreply 6405/24/2013

R61 I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 6505/24/2013

[quote]It is wonderful to be able to see how gays act in real life - campy, sex-crazed and bitchy! Millions of people around the world will love this, it is so funny - and it's REAL gay life! Get over it!

Well, if Datalounge is any indication, it certainly IS how gays act in real life.

by Anonymousreply 6605/24/2013

That's what I've been thinking, R66. If ever there was a televised edition of the Datalounge, then Vicious is it.

Of course that means we should all hate it - I don't, I think it's kind of funny - because we don't really like gay people or gay friendly people much around here.

by Anonymousreply 6705/24/2013

I saw the first episode and though with that cast I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, it was surprisingly weak. 100% of the problem was the dopey-ass script. I agree though that Sir Derek didn't seem comfortable at all and couldn't find a groove, but Sir Ian got it.

by Anonymousreply 6805/24/2013

I think the second episode was better than the first, and the third was better than the second.

Yes, it's flawed and stereotypical and broad. I like it anyway, if only to watch these three old pros chew the scenery.

by Anonymousreply 6905/24/2013

This looks like it could be great. But let's hope it's not all queeny vitriol, a little of that can go very, very long way. They are very lucky to have Frances de la Tour.

by Anonymousreply 7005/24/2013

Mebbe they could bring in Robbie Coltrane as he love interest?

by Anonymousreply 7105/25/2013

It's not the greatest, but I enjoy it and make sure that I watch it on i-player so that my watching counts. I'd like it to get another season just because.

And I love Frances de la Tour so much.

by Anonymousreply 7205/25/2013

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 7305/25/2013

The clubbing episode is S1E4.

I find Jacobi's acting stretched to the limit when McKellan's character is written as the "cute one".

All one can say about Ian is the same famous quote about W. H. Auden; someone should iron out the wrinkles on his face to see what he truly looks like.

by Anonymousreply 7405/25/2013

And if Vicious were a DL Production it would have been spelt Vichisssss.

by Anonymousreply 7505/25/2013

It's amiable if clunky, but I enjoy the top thesps giving all they've got. Wardrobe had a ball with the boys' outfits when they went clubbing - all that mothballed piss-elegance!

by Anonymousreply 7605/25/2013

Many happy returns to sir Ian.

by Anonymousreply 7705/25/2013

Is there a reliable source for all episodes? I can only find episode 1 on Youtube. And on a completely opposite note, does anyone know where I can find episodes of Sky TV's The Cafe?

by Anonymousreply 7805/25/2013

r78, Google

vicious mckellan jacobi S1E2

[then S1E3 and finally S1E4 and so on as they are released.]

Then click madly through all the links and EVENTUALLY you will find one that works.

That's my MO from the US.

by Anonymousreply 7905/25/2013

I'll be quick because my cat is asleep and the clicking wakes him. Go to tvmuse.eu and click on tv shows. When you find Vicious, only click the episodes without the dollar sign.

by Anonymousreply 8005/25/2013

Be careful. It's rare but some of those links may contain viruses.

by Anonymousreply 8105/25/2013

Boy, I have been watching this online. The show is a horrible, self-loathing, cruel mess. It hasn't gotten better. I can't see this coming to the USA. Somebody with an anti-gay agenda must be funding this.

by Anonymousreply 8206/05/2013

Get comfortable with torrents. Get uTorrent, install it, then go to thepiratebay.sx and search for Vicious under Video. Look at the last two columns on the right. Those two indicate how many people have the file ("seeders") and how many people are trying to download the file ("leechers"). The higher the seeder-to-leecher ratio, the faster the file will download.

Go to the episode(s) you want, then click the little magnet icon underneath it. After it finishes downloading, just click on the link in uTorrent and watch it.

The new episodes are usually posted a few hours after they air; they're always up by Tuesday morning.

by Anonymousreply 8306/05/2013

R76 I agree. Lots of stereotypes but it's a treat to watch these top thespians having a bit of fun.

by Anonymousreply 8406/06/2013

ITV sitcom Vicious, featuring Sir Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as an ageing gay couple, has been accused of peddling homosexual cliches that would make "John Inman look restrained".

Barry Cryer, the veteran comedy writer and performer, said Vicious had fallen into the trap of trying to be funny all the time rather than developing characters people could identify with.

"A sitcom with two old gays could be really good and moving. With two great actors in Sir Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi it should be fantastic," Cryer writes in the latest Radio Times. "But it was insult, insult, insult every other line. You don't believe in them … it made John Inman look restrained."

Cryer, 78, whose credits include The Two Ronnies and The Morecambe & Wise Show, said Vicious was part of an era of "back-to-basic sitcoms" including Mrs Brown's Boys and The Wright Way which had forgotten the importance of "great characters trapped in a situation".

"It's a serious business writing comedy. You don't necessarily need funny lines all the time. The key is to create characters. Characters people can identify with. But right now we've gone back at least 30 years in terms of format," he added. "The great sitcom writers of the past didn't think jokes were remotely important."

Cryer said writers such as Ray Galton and Alan Simpson (Hancock's Half Hour, Steptoe and Son), Johnny Speight (Till Death Us Do Part) and Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais (Porridge) knew this instinctively and just wrote great characters. "It's straightforward stuff: character, character, character. You don't need jokes, you don't need funny lines. The humour will come because the secret to the truly funny sitcoms is simple – they are basically all about life."

by Anonymousreply 8506/17/2013

Episode 6 wasn't half bad and the Judy Dench message machine at the end was PRICELESS!

by Anonymousreply 8606/22/2013

Cancelled!

by Anonymousreply 8707/02/2013

But they did film a Christmas Special.

What is with Brit TV and their damn Christmas Specials?

by Anonymousreply 8807/03/2013

No! R87, say it's not true. It was great campy fun.

by Anonymousreply 8907/03/2013

A final decision to commission a second series hasn't been made yet but it doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 9007/03/2013

Broadchurch starts this Wednesday on BBC America. The first episode is already on demand.

by Anonymousreply 9108/03/2013

Renewed for season 2!

[quote]Will & Grace exec producer Gary Janetti created Vicious with playwright Mark Ravenhill. When the sitcom premiered on ITV last April, it was the highest-rated comedy launch on any UK channel in 2013. The first six-part series has not run in the U.S., but I hear negotiations are underway. The second series order was announced today at the Edinburgh TV Festival. Veteran British thesps Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi play a constantly bickering couple who’ve lived together in a small London flat for nearly 50 years. Vicious is a Brown Eyed Boy production in association with Shine’s Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 9208/28/2013

This wast of McKellan and Jacobi premiers on PBS tonight.

by Anonymousreply 9306/29/2014

waste...

by Anonymousreply 9406/29/2014

The best part of the show is Balthazar.

by Anonymousreply 9506/29/2014

I live in Little Rock and this show is on at 1:30 am, you know, so as not to offend those dear compassionate Christians.

by Anonymousreply 9606/29/2014

I watched it tonight. So great and so funny! Ian and Derek were amazing.

by Anonymousreply 9706/29/2014

25 minutes of a single set, and mostly insults between Jacobi and McKellen, a few of which tickled the funny bone. I can't imagine this developing any further than that unless they introduce more characters and settings (like AbFab did).

by Anonymousreply 9806/30/2014

It took me a few minutes to adjust to Jacobi playing to the second (third?) balcony, but after that I found it pretty funny. McKellen is great as a hammy actor, and I loved Frances de la Tour. I can't imagine what young gays make of 25 minutes of nonstop bitchery from two old queens, but I have definitely known a few men like this.

by Anonymousreply 9907/01/2014

This show makes Gimme Gimme Gimme look like Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 10007/03/2014

This show is on par with 2 Broke Girls. All of the exceptions being made are strictly because it's gay and British.

by Anonymousreply 10107/03/2014

Very disappointed. When they said it was called Vicious, I thought this is what they meant.

by Anonymousreply 10207/03/2014

This is exactly how gays and lesbians in their 20s imagine gay men over 50. Not getting what all the hate and hysteria on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10307/04/2014

Go watch it tonight on PBS.

by Anonymousreply 10407/06/2014

I thought last night's episode was funnier than the first.

by Anonymousreply 10507/07/2014

Check out the third episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 10607/13/2014

They're like the geriatric British version of the Sweathogs.

by Anonymousreply 10707/21/2014

They're probably mining DL for script ideas as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 10807/21/2014

Frances de la Tour ("Violet") is WONDERFUL!

by Anonymousreply 10907/21/2014

The first two seemed to be dull and too obvious, too stereotypical.

But it's kind of finding its footing. They need to make the characters a smidge warmer without it being too soft.

I enjoyed the last two episodes.

"You remember our friend Violet...."

by Anonymousreply 11007/21/2014

I blew Ash. His cum tasted like pineapple

by Anonymousreply 11107/21/2014

An interesting perspective, contrary to the pearl clutchers:

by Anonymousreply 11207/21/2014

Oh for God's sake...it's all in fun, don't take it so seriously...and if you think gays young and old don't snipe like this, well then, you know nothing about gays.

Besides The great and very under rated Frances de le Tour is in it! Love her!

Stop knocking gay shows or they won't make anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11307/21/2014

Good article, r112.

de la Tour steals every scene she's in.

by Anonymousreply 11407/21/2014

[quote]This is exactly how gays and lesbians in their 20s imagine gay men over 50.

No, people (gay or otherwise) in their 20s don't think much at all about gay men over 50.

by Anonymousreply 11507/22/2014

I thought the latest episode where they went clubbing was very funny and quite sweet.

by Anonymousreply 11607/22/2014

Miss de la Tour was Fab-U-Lous when she sang the lead in Turkey-Lurkey-Time!

*not intended as a true statement

by Anonymousreply 11707/22/2014

Frances de la Tour's Twitter page. She hasn't been on it since last year, but she seems like a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 11807/22/2014

That Slate article was interesting and thoughtful.

And I must find a way of working "And Quentin Crisp wept" into more conversations.

by Anonymousreply 11907/22/2014

R115 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 12007/22/2014

The show gets better with every episode. I thought the last episode was the funniest so far.

by Anonymousreply 12107/22/2014

It really is like watching Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 12207/22/2014

[quote]I live in Little Rock

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 12307/22/2014

"He gets paid to give head?"

by Anonymousreply 12407/22/2014

People who like this shit and bash other shit like Two and a Half Men are hypocrites. The only difference is the accent.

by Anonymousreply 12507/22/2014

It should have been set in the 1970s or early 80s.

I love how square-headed Ash was barely noticed on this show but became an object of lust to fangurls when he appeared on Game of Thrones. He's really not a very good actor and not good looking, but appearing on a popular show automatically makes him attractive to many.

by Anonymousreply 12607/22/2014

PBS bleeps out all the dirty words, as if anyone cares.

by Anonymousreply 12707/22/2014

Watch it online with the language unfettered.

by Anonymousreply 12807/23/2014

Ian and Derek are so good. I can't believe how good they are. They make the dialogue seem like they came up with it themselves on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 12907/28/2014

r129, they did...in 1945.

by Anonymousreply 13007/28/2014

I don't know if this show wore me down or if it actually got better, but I was laughing out loud during the final two episodes. The finale was great. Glad it's coming back. Talk about a short season, though.

by Anonymousreply 13108/05/2014

I just happened to catch this tonight thought it was very very funny. It was like watching a televised version of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13208/31/2014

Oh, no, R115 and R120 says that young gay boys don't think at all about older gay men. We should all kill ourselves because the young twats don't think of us!

by Anonymousreply 13308/31/2014

I do believe that Freddy does use the word cunt every now and again...

by Anonymousreply 13408/31/2014

I see miss R133 has some issues.

by Anonymousreply 13509/01/2014

Miss R125: doesn't understand sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 13609/01/2014

Miss R136 doesn't know how to count and still very obviously has issues.

by Anonymousreply 13709/01/2014

R137 doesn't have issues. She has a subscription.

by Anonymousreply 13809/01/2014

R133 clearly does not get it.

by Anonymousreply 13909/01/2014

Turned it off after 10 min. A complete waste of de la Tour/Jacobi/McKellen talent.

by Anonymousreply 14009/01/2014

I loved the Christmas special. So hilarious yet cozy and comforting.

by Anonymousreply 14112/26/2014

[quote]Get ready for biting remarks from Freddie and Stuart when the second season of Vicious returns August 23 to PBS. And don't worry, Game of Thrones' Iwan Rheon will return as cute neighbor Ash, and we're sure Violet (Harry Potter's Frances de la Tour) won't stop flirting either.

Is it currently running on the Beeb?

by Anonymousreply 14205/05/2015

Sir Derek and Sir Ian have been named as Grand Marshalls for this year's gay pride parade in New York City! Maybe Patrick Stewart will be driving the car.

by Anonymousreply 14305/05/2015

Vicious, which returns for a second season in the UK on June 1,

by Anonymousreply 14405/26/2015

I'm amazed that Iwan Rheon does not get more attention for shifting between his role here as the sweet cute dumbcluck straight boy neighbor and the evil Ramsay on Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 14505/26/2015

Agreed r145.

by Anonymousreply 14605/26/2015

R145, he has a very cute butt. It would be nice if we saw it when he was playing a likable character, such as the neighbor on Vicious.

by Anonymousreply 14705/26/2015

Ash goes a bit Ramsey on Vicious this week. Crappy, trite episode but Ash talking to the gay trainer was funny.

by Anonymousreply 14806/12/2015

It's not a first. Aaron Paul played a kind, earnest, level headed former Mormon trying to help Amanda Seyfried deal with her insane family's polygamy on Big Love while he was also appearing as druggy Jesse Pinkman on Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 14906/12/2015

Aaron Paul being this guy

by Anonymousreply 15006/12/2015

While he was also being this guy

by Anonymousreply 15106/12/2015

r149, at any time did the mormon character on Big Love act like the druggie guy on Breaking Bad? Ash, the nice guy on Vicious, went a bit Ramsey-crazy on Vicious with bits of character he plays on GOT. I know plenty of nice guys on one series, bad guy on another, but this was different. That why, in a ridiculously poorly written show, it was funny. Go watch. http://www.tubeplus.is/player/2163604/Vicious/season_2/episode_2/Episode_2/

by Anonymousreply 15206/12/2015

Another problem with the Beta:

by Anonymousreply 15306/12/2015

When did Derek Jacobi officially come out?

by Anonymousreply 15406/12/2015

The gymnasium was particularly painful.

by Anonymousreply 15506/24/2015

The wedding planner blew chunks.

by Anonymousreply 15606/24/2015

I saw it and didn't find it funny. It seemed like it played on everyone stereotype that would pass for funny in the 1970s but not today. It was recorded in front of a live audience but they added a laugh track anyway. That should tell you something.

by Anonymousreply 15706/24/2015

I always enjoy the show

by Anonymousreply 15806/24/2015

[quote]he has a very cute butt. It would be nice if we saw it when he was playing a likable character, such as the neighbor on Vicious.

Not only will you see Ash's butt, you'll see his butt crack as he bends over and presents it to the TV audience. Linky may be stinky because it's from one of those streaming services with all the pop-ups.

by Anonymousreply 15906/24/2015

AdBolckPlus gets rid of all the crap on the streaming services.

by Anonymousreply 16006/24/2015

This seems really good. Won't miss it!

by Anonymousreply 16106/24/2015

The New Normal's Georgia King (the sweet-natured lead) has a turn as Ash's love interest for two episodes this season. Did not know she was British! And second-generation thespian for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 16206/25/2015

It's pantomime, it's fun, very silly and enjoyable. McKellen sort of apologized for his hammy overacting in the first season; he said the show is recorded before a live studio audience so, being the thespian he is, he plays/projects to the furthest seat, seemingly he forgot that the cameras pick up every tiny gesture. I don't know what his excuses are for this season.

by Anonymousreply 16306/25/2015

So they get married and Ms. Bixby dies in Ash's arms and it gets another THIRD SEASON. The wedding had distinctly less ham in it. The bitchiness is toned down considerably. Mebby it'll evolve into something...good.

by Anonymousreply 16407/07/2015

Crap ending to the wedding episode.

I still think Marcia Warren as Penelope is the funniest thing on the show.

And they ruined Violet's husband by showing him. Now we're stuck with the image they created rather than allowing our imaginations to run wild.

by Anonymousreply 16507/07/2015

Is this the same guy that left her chained to a bed in Argentina after he robbed her?

by Anonymousreply 16607/07/2015

No r166. This one is Jasper, the one who disappeared for 8 months.

by Anonymousreply 16707/08/2015

Why do DLers call themselves "bitter old queens"? Seriously why?

by Anonymousreply 168Last Thursday at 9:03 PM

Just finished watching the first season and I really haven't laughed out loud at a sitcom like I did in a long time. It's hard reconciling Iwan Rheon as sweet, slightly dim Ash to the psychopathic sadist Ramsay Bolton, but he makes it work.

I can imagine an American version being produced. Richard Chamberlain would be perfect as Freddie. Perhaps George Takei as Stuart. Set it in Palm Springs maybe? Logo needs to produce shows like this but I doubt Viacom will open is purse for it.

by Anonymousreply 169Last Friday at 1:25 AM

You get to his ass crack in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Friday at 3:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.