Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why doesn't Dr. Phil ever cry?

He has some guests on with really heartbreaking stories, but he never cries. Oprah would always cry with her guests. What's up with Dr. Phil?

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2020 1:08 PM

He's thinking about lunch.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2013 1:25 AM

His wind tunnel facelift is way too tight for that shit

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2013 1:28 AM

One of my favorite Dr. Phil moments was when he was being interviewed for his weight loss book or something. I think it was Katie Couric doing the interview.

During the interview, he commented that people are just fat and out of shape because they make excuses about everything. They'll cry that they have this wrong with them or that and that's why they can't lose weight but in reality, they're just making excuses.

Katie then pointed out that people might say that Dr. Phil himself was not fit and might be considered overweight.

His response was that it was different because he was overweight because he had a knee injury and couldn't get into shape.

And there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Did I mention I have a new book out called Life Code? I wrote it with my son!

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2013 1:49 AM

Because he's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2013 1:52 AM

Sociopaths don't cry, do they?

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2013 1:52 AM

Has he had a facelift?

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2013 1:53 AM

He's too busy coming up with the next "down home" made up, doesn't make sense, zinger for the guy who is a a chauvinist and proud of it! guest on his show.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2013 1:58 AM

Because A'hm always thinking at them bitches, "I'm sorry, miss, but with all due respect I have problems of my own."

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2013 2:00 AM

He sucks. Does he have actual fans?

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2013 2:01 AM

When he angers his creator, Oprah, he bathes her unbound feet with his tears.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2013 2:04 AM

Ahem r10

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2013 2:06 AM

[quote]Sociopaths don't cry, do they?

They make some of the best crybabies. Look at all of the evangelists who cry at the drop of a hat. They're not really crying, they learn to mimic emotions in order to deceive.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Phil is sociopath even though he doesn't "cry". There is something about him that screams big fat phony.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2013 2:26 AM

he has a stone where his heart should be and a pea where his brain should be but look at him in his little shoes

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2013 2:49 AM

Did anyone watch this show today? With the mother who refuses to accept her lesbian daughter?

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2013 10:19 PM

He is rich.

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2013 8:54 PM

Most professionals in his line of work (both as a tv host and a psychologist) don't cry. It's not like he hasn't heard these stories for years; one does become jaded and his angle has always been more of a tough-love, no-nonsense thing. Oprah could cry on her show because touchy-feely emotional manipulation was her schtick.

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2013 9:04 PM

Psychologists are trained not to cry. They are supposed to put their emotions aside and focus on the patient. Sort of like how regular doctors don't burst into tears when they tell you you have cancer or something.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2013 9:48 PM

Does anybody still watch this bald, banal blowhard?

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2013 10:00 PM

retired people watch him

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2013 10:16 PM

Because he cut too many corners to be a tv "doctor", that he can't actually treat anyone or he will be committing a crime!

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2013 11:34 PM

His white, suburban target audience is used to his bullying, abrasive style. The kind of people who address the gym teacher as "Coach".

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2013 11:41 PM

Oprah cries easily. Is she a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2013 12:07 AM

[quote]Does anybody still watch this bald, banal blowhard?

I never did.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2013 12:14 AM

He tries to pass himself off as this kind, compassionate, non-judgemental psychologist, but he's just a celebrity fame-whore out to make a buck.

His shows are infuriating. He'll have someone on his show who seems to be psychotic or sociopathic and he'll listen to them spouting insane nonsense and then lean back and say "I understand." If the nutjob blamed his or her abominable behavior on being abused as a child he'll say "I realize you're a victim, too." You just want to scream at him to grow a pair of balls and give these fuckers what-for.

A recent show (I rarely watch his shitty show, but I thought this might be interesting) was about a woman who had the lower half of her face shot off in a robbery when she was a teenage girl. Two teenage girls committed the crime; the shooter, who was 14 at the time, got 6 years in a juvenile facility. They had the shooter, now an adult woman, on the show; the monstrous cunt had absolutely NO remorse whatsoever. In fact, she thought she was being unjustly treated; she said she'd done her time, so what were people getting on her case about it now for? I wish the idiot Doctor Phil has said flat out to her: "you don't have any remorse, do you?" Instead he agreed that she was a victim too (an adult male had cajoled her into rob the store) and let her total lack of remorse slide. It made me want to shoot the tv screen.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2013 1:13 AM

Here is the low down on "Dr" Phil. His doctorate is in Philosophy in clinical psychology. He and his father joined successful Texas business woman Thelma Box in doing seminars they called "Pathways." Phil was hired on by the Oprah legal team as a consultant in jury selection and this was where Oprah met Phil. She thought his down home no nonsense style would play well on t.v. except- it was ripped off from Box. His first book, Life Strategies, is taken directly from Box's Pathways seminars.

He has has several run ins with the Texas Board of Examiners. He hired a former patient who then complained of unwanted sexual advances (Dr. Phil is alleged to be a serial cheater on his wife Robyn.). Dr. Phil, in fact, does not have a license to practice psychology any more. It was determined that he did not need a license for the show since it was an "entertainment" show.

in regards to his weight loss book and supplements - he had to pull them from the market because he had no medical background to support his claims. A class action suit was filed and settled out of court for 10.5 million dollars.

He famously visited Britney Spears in the hospital and proceeded to release information about that publicly to get the spears family to agree to an intervention on his show.

He does not cry because he is a pure evil dick.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2013 2:01 AM

he lost his license? Wow!

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2013 2:14 AM

Dude lives in a $30 million house. That says all you need to know about this man (and his butchered wife).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2013 4:45 AM

he had his tear ducts removed.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2013 8:26 PM

What does that gasbag have to cry about?

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2013 8:29 PM

I can't stand this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2013 8:39 PM

The only possible way this douchebag can redeem himself, is by playing the role of the fat guy in a remake of 'Deliverance'.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2013 8:50 PM

Sexy daddy--big, broad shoulders. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2013 8:54 PM

Yeah hate him too. Does his stupid ass wife still sit in the audience every show? They act as if they really are at the forefront of doctor shows. You have to have a soul to cry. The whole family comes off as greedy and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2013 8:54 PM

His son Jay is also a producer now. Jay is married to a playboy triplet who used to pose slutily with her naked sisters.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2013 8:58 PM

I wouldn't want a psychologist who cries during a session. It's about ME, not about whatever the psychologist is processing. They know their boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2013 9:05 PM

Thanks [26] for explaining he's not a real therapist. I agree he's a psychopath and a narcissist as well. Oprah foists the worst people on the world.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2013 9:27 PM

[quote]Does his stupid ass wife still sit in the audience every show?

Yes, she does. She's clearly on the show's payroll.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2013 9:33 PM

NEVER make eye contact with 'the little people' as you hurry backstage. Keep eyes firmly on the floor or husband so as not to accidentally look at an audience member (this may encourage them to attempt some dreadful form of human interaction such as waving and/or holding out of their bacteria-laden, poverty-stricken hand). GET THE FUCK OFF THAT STAGE AS QUICKLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!!!

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2013 9:48 PM

Because hes a sociopath and they dont care about other people and his wife robin is a narcisist

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2014 7:58 PM

R39 It's the only part of this pathetic show I like to watch, devoted wife taking her husband's hand showing to the women in the audience he's mine (and I won't let him stay here without me).

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2014 9:13 PM

Because he is of Scottish extraction.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2014 9:15 PM

Dr Phil has NO tear ducts.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2017 6:19 AM

The stories on his shows are not heartbreaking. They are contrived, hollow events of bored, unloved teens and fat disengaged moms who can't stay off FB. He used fucking Powerpoint to review a list of someone bad behavior.

The guests are only filler until he can plug his son's publishing company or Robin's overpriced skincare line. They taped a jar of hand cream under each seat and everyone would gasp in elation upon its discovery. (Don't judge me, I took off Dec 15-31 for the holidays)

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2017 6:34 AM

Oy vey Dr Phil is a putz

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2017 6:47 AM

[quote] Does his stupid ass wife still sit in the audience every show?

Yes. Read what R26 wrote. Phil is a serial cheater. His wife sits in the audience every single day so that he doesn't cheat on her. He earned $86 million last year. His wife doesn't let him go to the bathroom alone. She keeps both eyes on him at all times

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2017 7:02 AM

I love watching that show "Bull" that is allegedly based on his life. It's kind of hilariously bad--not camp, or anything. It's just insanely altruistic and the lead actor is so much better looking than Phil. You know he totally believes he's that good looking and he's that great a guy.

"Bull" is definitely an apt title.

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2017 7:35 AM

Ha! R46, I've heard he is an ass but didn't know he was a cheater. That explains why Robin watches him like a hawk during the show. She probably gets a huge salary and one gratuitous close up every show.

I also didn't know his ties to TX. That explains why he sends his guests to recovery ranches in TX. He whisked them away in a big SUV directly from the show's taping. He and Oprah have all employees sign ironclad "keep your mouth shut" agreements. I'm sure Ellen D. is the same way.

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2017 3:24 PM

He had his tear ducts removed.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2020 4:55 AM

a man who has is dining room decorated with machine guns can't afford to cry.

my guess--he's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2020 5:19 AM

Pepper spray into the eyes will solve that.

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2020 5:22 AM

His guests are everything I despise about suburban Americans . Petty ,frequently drug addicted brats who don't have their shit remotely together but will be the first to scream about "personal responsibility " and "no one should ask the government for help ".

That being said, I can actually appreciate the not crying thing. Once you cry, it sort of makes everything about you. Reporters do that crap all the time now and it always strikes me as borderline narcissistic. Everytime I see some headline about a journalist breaking down in tears, I feel annoyed , not moved. Be a professional!

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2020 5:36 AM

He is on before Judge Judy (yes, I love that bitch) and I always hate it if I tune in too early and have to listen to him even for a moment or two. He is the definitive version of a phony fuck.

I do enjoy when he walks out with Robin. He's taking these big manly strides and she has to practically jog to keep up with him - taking these quick, funny little steps. Of course he could slow down a tiny bit but (as always) he doesn't really give a shit about anyone else. Even the little woman.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2020 5:46 AM

His cunt wife looks like Katherine Helmond after the radical facelift in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2020 6:01 AM

R1, you have no idea hard that made me laugh because it rings true. Simple but effective.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2020 8:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2020 11:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2020 1:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!