Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Order of Precedence for Disney Princesses

I was planning to invite all the Disney princesses to my birthday party, but our staff are having difficulty determining the appropriate precedence in which to arrange them for processing and seating?

Who is the top dog of this pack of bitches? What's the order?

We are tentatively placing Snow White at the head of the line, because she was the princess and heir of the king and his evil wife died, so she must have become Queen Regnant with her Prince Consort beside her. Cinderella is just lucky chattel (Got that, Kate?). Mulan isn't even a princess, and she's only wed to a general.

Help, please. The invitations have to go out soon!

The Chamberlain's List:

Snow White

Cinderella

Aurora

Ariel

Belle

Jasmine

Pocahontas

Mulan

Tiana

Rapunzel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 28, 2020 7:07 PM

I wouldn't want Jasmine at my party.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2013 9:29 PM

I think it should go:

Snow White

Aurora

Ariel

Tiana

Cinderella

Rapunzel

Belle

Pocahontas

Mulan

And again don't invite Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2013 9:36 PM

Any questions, Liz?

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2013 9:37 PM

Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, and Jasmine should all take precedence over Cinderella and the others because they are [italic]princesses du sang[/italic], royal by birth and descendants of a ruling king, queen, or sultan. The others are royal by marriage (save Mulan). Snow White would not be Queen Regnant, unless her father had passed or abdicated and designated her heir to the throne.

To determine precedence among the princesses du sang, look at their families' dynastic lineage and those of their spouses and see who is more royal.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2013 9:54 PM

Royalty by Birth: Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Tiana.

Royalty by Marriage: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Belle.

Are these even royal?: Pocahontas, Mulan.

And again don't invite Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2013 9:59 PM

Leave that bitch Jasmine out.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2013 10:03 PM

Here, here, R6!

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2013 10:04 PM

Rapunzel is princess by blood...

Get it right!

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2013 10:07 PM

OP, you have the right idea when it comes to seating arrangements and importance.

I especially admire how you placed all those pesky minorities and the end of the list. I follow that same philosophy in all my formal engagements, as well.

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2013 10:33 PM

Have you been watching Fox News, R8?

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2013 10:45 PM

R5, the offpsring of a parmount chief is most definitely royal.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2013 11:02 PM

By box office, the Hollywood scorecard:

Snow White

Aurora

Jasmine

Belle

Cinderella

Pocahontas

Mulan

Rapunzel

Ariel

Tiana

Belle, Jasmine, Ariel and Pocahontas won Oscars. Real ones.

So under the Hollywood formula of box office x Oscars, Jasmine wins by a nose over Belle. Suck it, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2013 11:04 PM

What about us?

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2013 11:11 PM

One of my favorite lines from 30 Rock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2013 11:11 PM

[quote][R5], the offpsring of a parmount chief is most definitely royal.

She's the "princess" of some mud hut tribe, not of the courts of Europe. She's not royal.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2013 11:16 PM

Dear Subjects,

Perhaps you are unaware of our dear great great grandmere's dictum that royalty is royalty no matter where it comes from. Persians, Africans, and Arabians all received the appropriate placement in their seating and other honors, regardless of whether or not they were known to or familiar with Europe and European ways.

Even Pocahontas received honors when she came to England (to die of smallpox).

So whether you appreciate Jasmine's background or not, her place is less wobbly than the near-ubiquitous R1 would have us think, dear as R1 in.

Therefore, does anyone actually know what Jasmine's background really is? And where she should go?

Thank you again for your assistance. We are - amused.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2013 11:29 PM

This whole Princess thing is stuff and nonsense! I should think they should learn a thing or tow about manners!

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2013 11:32 PM

Aurora is the prettiest.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2013 11:35 PM

I think the Disney girls should all take the Wimmin on Wheels to Michfest this year. NOW THAT IS A PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2013 11:40 PM

If you want to see Ariel freak out, be sure to serve crab bisque.

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2013 1:45 AM

What about Sofia the First?

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2013 1:49 AM

All signs point to Snow White taking precedence over the other Disney princesses, but I disagree on the reason why. Box office and birth aside, upon the (evil) queen regnant's death, Snow White logically assumes the throne. Even if she's married to a prince who's not the heir to the throne in his own land, she would still be a queen.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2013 2:10 AM

What about Giselle?

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2013 2:13 AM

Giselle is not a princess. She lived in a hut and married a lawyer. She's a gold digger.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2013 2:15 AM

Mrs. Robert Philip, Esq. is about as royal as Countess Luanne De Lesseps.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2013 2:24 AM

Right, R22. Queen Regnant Snow White. She beats them all. She can sit where Camilla usually snails her way in.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2013 2:26 AM

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2013 2:29 AM

What about the princes? They're all interchangeable. And Aladdin isn't even a prince, nor are others of these beaus. Beaux. Bois.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2013 3:28 AM

Hey idiot--The Queen does not refer to herself as Her Majesty, for obvious reasons. You might have tried Our Majesty, but that too would be wrong. She is simply "Elizabeth" or formally, "Elizabeth R." And numerals are for historians.

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2013 3:42 AM

This cunt was too haughty to go to Princess Grace's wedding because of "too many movie stars" and now she's opening up the castle to the Disney skanks?

I mean I know Lilibet lost any dignity she had left with that James Bond Olympics stunt, but damn!!!

p.s. Princess Aurora takes precedence over all Disney Princesses because her castle was built first. Also, her movie was best with the best music.

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2013 4:58 AM

I have delivered orders for your head to enjoy a visit to our Tower, R30. But your body will be left at home during the journey.

And idiot at R29. The posts are ghost written and self-consciously ridiculous, you sanctimonious and illiterate cunt. How about infesting some other place with your malodorous ill will? It is not our fault or problem you have no life.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2013 5:09 AM

Here's a few toughies for the precedence nerds:

As Princess Jasmine's father is retarded, she begins running the kingdom once Jaffar is out of the way... so does a Princess Regent outrank all the other blood princesses?

And Ariel's father is King Triton - a minor God of the Greek pantheon. How does divine blood affect precedence?

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2013 7:13 AM

What about Anika Nona Rose??

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2013 7:16 AM

the fight is over at Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Jasmine is having HER OWN Royal Ball and only royalty BY BLOOD is invited

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2013 8:10 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2013 8:59 PM

These characters live in a fictional universe, this should be judged in-universe not by non-universe box office returns.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2013 9:03 PM

I feel like Jasmine should really come first. She's the undisputed daughter of a reigning absolute monarch and she IS addressed as "Princess" in the film. Are the others?

As for Pocahontas, I'm leaning towards giving her precedence as if she were royal in the conventional sense. Her father was a tribal leader and when she journeyed to Europe she was regarded as a princess.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2013 9:10 PM

What about Nala? Or does one have to be human to be on this list?

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2013 9:11 PM

[quote]I feel like Jasmine should really come first. She's the undisputed daughter of a reigning absolute monarch and she IS addressed as "Princess" in the film. Are the others?

That makes no sense, 38. Just because no one called say Snow White or Aurora princesses in their respective movies does that mean they're not princesses.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2013 9:16 PM

Well R40, I don't remember the details of Snow White or Sleeping Beauty enough but I don't remember them addressed as princess. I assumed they were sort of like Zara Phillips or Charlotte Casiraghi; well-connected royally but without titles or rank. Princess Jasmine also wears some form of regalia, they appear to be well-recognized symbols of her rank, when she throws back her cloak in the market the crowd seems to immediately recognize who she is.

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2013 9:21 PM

Sorry, I meant R38.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2013 9:22 PM

Best put me at the head or I'll blast a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2013 9:23 PM

I agree that the royalty aspect was more pronounced with Jasmine but that was also a key part of the storyline because Aladdin didn't think that a lowly street urchin like him could ever be with a princess so he makes his wishes with Genie.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2013 9:25 PM

Are you forgetting that Snow White and Aurora had to live in the woods because of evil witches? Of course they couldn't go around being called princesses!

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2013 9:31 PM

Well [R40], I don't remember the details of Snow White or Sleeping Beauty enough but I don't remember them addressed as princess. I assumed they were sort of like Zara Phillips or Charlotte Casiraghi; well-connected royally but without titles or rank.

Snow White's father is The King of all The Land. She is definitely the highest ranking. Aurora, Ariel and Tiana are all princesses of specific kingdoms by birth.

Jasmine's father is referred to as a sultan but he just appears to own a city like the prince Cinderella marries.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2013 9:34 PM

And my quoting failed.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2013 9:35 PM

Well, there are plenty of examples in history of mini-states that were no more than cities. Germany was littered with them up until WWI, and prior to that a princess of even the tiniest little country held rank against her counterpart in a powerful larger one. It's all about the HRH/HSH thing. I guess technically Princess Jasmine would be a HH, since His Highness is what is usually afforded to Middle Eastern reigning princes. In that case, she would rank below any princess with a HRH or a HSH, although if her father still reigned and the others were deposed then that puts a spin on it too.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2013 9:42 PM

If this wasn't about Disney monarchs, I'd say historically the order of princess precedence here is pretty much in line with the order of replies: R1 is typically the biggest despot, followed by R2, etc. The Webmaster with his all knowing, shiny septor will always be Queen of our sovereign land.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2013 9:53 PM

Rank aside, who's everyone's favorite princess? (Jasmine doesn't count.)

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2013 9:58 PM

Just to show how many of u racist cunts ever say the Tiana's movie. She is not a princess by birth but by marriage. That's why on Facebook the other princesses (including Cinderella, of all people) call her "non-legacy"

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2013 10:10 PM

[quote]She's the "princess" of some mud hut tribe, not of the courts of Europe. She's not royal.

As others have stated, Pocahontas was the daughter of the chief, which the English equated his position with their King James, so when Pocahontas (now rechristened Lady Rebecca) later toured England, she was received and fêted by the king and queen and pretty much treated like visiting royalty during her stay.

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2013 10:18 PM

Thanks, (R34). Best laugh in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2013 10:20 PM

Well the Sultan definitely seemed like the wealthiest and most extravagant of the Disney kings. That palace was to die for!

What really interests me is why do all male Disney villains seem effete? Jafar, Scar, Hades...even Gaston was queeny in a preening Adonis way.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2013 10:21 PM

The sultan is a Sultan Regnant in "Aladdin," and Jasmine is "Princess of Agrabah." He is an Arabian sultan, effective autocrat and ruler of the territory in his charge, with no superior ranking over him in his land.

Our Chamberlain has informed us that as such the sultan is to be considered in the same rank as kings regnant, below emperors but above mere princes.

In the case of reigning kings and the various titles used for them, length of term usually determines precedence. Therefore, the sultan would rank higher than the younger princes who rose to their reigns as king during or after the events in the various stories. The sultan has been in his job longer.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2013 10:43 PM

That may be true regarding the Sultan, but it has no bearing on Jasmine's stature. She's a princess who would never find herself Sheika regnant.

Also, Wonderland only existed in the head of a little girl; therefore, the Queen of Hearts would have to settle for tea and crumpets with Freddy Krueger and WMDs in Iraq. And one last thing about the order of precedence...Snow White may rank highest as a fellow Queen regnant, but Princess Aurora would probably be closest to Elizabeth II since her parents were English monarchs (making her a cousin to her host).

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2013 11:51 PM

"What really interests me is why do all male Disney villains seem effete? Jafar, Scar, Hades...even Gaston was queeny in a preening Adonis way."

To remove any suggestion of sexual agression from their villainy, because these films are made for kids after all. The villain may menace the heroine, but he wouldn't dream of raping her!

As for Tiana, she must rank at the bottom of the princesses by marriage. Her royal husband has been disinherited and probably removed from the line of succession, and as it's the 1920s, hie family are probably figurehead monarchs rather than rulers.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2013 12:19 AM

Everyone who doesn't remember Princess Aurora getting called Princess Aurora in the film... GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD. You are too stupid to be posting here. Your opinion is worth shit. You have no credibility. The opening of Sleeping Beauty is the fucking song "HAIL TO THE PRINCESS AURORA"!!!

Bow down, bitches, to the top Disney princess.

:drops mic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2013 12:57 AM

R56, the question addressed was the sultan's position. That was what was discussed.

As for Jasmine's status, as the daughter of a sultan regnant, she would be afforded an equal status to other royal princesses in our court, and in all others. The notion that a child's status has nothing to do with her parents' is of course a howler in the context of primogeniture. Her inability to reign has nothing to do with her precedence, and she would rank equal to other royal princesses.

Please do not detract from your otherwise interesting points by projecting gender bias additional to the areas where it actually applies. you comment about dear Aurora especially is apt. The fact that her prince inherited the throne in his own country further complicates the matter, as Aurora is queen regnant of her realm (with her husband as prince consort), but also queen consort to her husband in his land. They occupy a double throne, which certainly lifts her up, and does place her superior in some ways to Snow White, at least in practical terms.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2013 1:13 AM

Usually in the case of co-reigning monarchs, the male took the lead. For example Queen Mary I of England married King Philip of Spain. He insisted on double billing. In the case of Mary II, not only did William insist in double billing but the authority of the crown was administered by him. Mary II did needlepoint. Queen Aurora would have probably followed that precedent, pretty but one step behind her hunky husband.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2013 1:23 AM

This is a great, quirky thread.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2013 2:23 AM

Okay, does Belle outrank Aurora? Belle's unnamed Beast/Prince is called a "prince", yet he seems to be ruling in his own right, there is no suggeston of living parents anywhere in the film. Would that make the prince a HSH, rather than an HRH? Where would that leave his wife?

And Aurora seems to have living parents, which makes her a princess both by birth and marriage, rather than a queen.

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2013 2:54 AM

[quote]The notion that a child's status has nothing to do with her parents' is of course a howler in the context of primogeniture. Her inability to reign has nothing to do with her precedence, and she would rank equal to other royal princesses.

Ohhhhhhh. Is that why Prince Edward has to attend the weddings of lesser European royals (like Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene), while Charles and Camilla hold court with the Pope, and Prince William meets with President Obama? There is a pecking order whether you acknowledge it or not.

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2013 3:37 AM

You're right, R62, about Aurora. I was telegraphing her into her future, but at the end of the story she's still - I think - with living parents. So in that temporal setting she's still among the princesses - and we're not sure what her prince's status is at that time, really. He's a prince, not a king, at that time.

I don't know about "Beast" as a prince - does anyone know his status?

As for Philip and Mary, he was refused the reality of co-reign insofar as he was left out of any right of inheritance. Anything he had came through his connection with Mary Tudor.

For William III and Mary II, they both were Stuart heirs in their own ways, as well as usurpers in replacing her father, James II. William was the real power, as his role as Protestant Godling, Stadtholder in the Netherlands. With James II thrown out, there was no rationale to place his daughter on the throne based on inheritance, since inheritance had been thrown out the window by kicking James II out. It was equally and merely expedient to combine the two cousins into a single front, to make it look like legitimacy was maintained, and Orange's military strength added to England's to preserve Protestantism, once and for all turning the Catholics back.

Since William was gay, it was just as well that Mary did her needlework. Smallpox polished her off fairly quickly, anyway, and William remained sole sovereign until his horse caught its hoof in that molehole. Hilarious how the Catholic Stuarts would toast "the little gentleman in the black velvet waistcoat," meaning the mole. (William broke his collarbone in the fall and developed complications.)

And what does this have to do with princesses? NOTHING!

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2013 3:42 AM

r62, Belle is NOT a princess of the blood royal. She does NOT outrank Princess Aurora.

In the original fairy tale, Belle was the daughter of a wealthy merchant. In the Disney movie, she was the daughter of an inventor.

As for HSH (His/Her Serene Highness), that's really only a bullshit honorific used by bullshit royal dynasties like Monaco, not important royal families.

I think the type of ranking distinction you are thinking of is where the King or Queen is HM (His/Her Majesty) where Princes and Princesses will get the honorific of HRH (His/Her Royal Highness).

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2013 4:55 AM

Pocahontas's father was an emperor... Emperor Wahunsonacock Big Chief Powhatan and my 10th great grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2013 5:02 AM

R63, of course there is a pecking order. That is what this thread is about. If you lack the reasoning skills to perceive the difference between that and the claim that Jasmine's paternity has no bearing on her claims (for precedence, presumably - it is not always easy to follow your "reasoning"), we can only sit back, enjoy your comments, and hope you don't embarrass yourself too much otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2013 5:04 AM

"I think the type of ranking distinction you are thinking of is where the King or Queen is HM (His/Her Majesty) where Princes and Princesses will get the honorific of HRH (His/Her Royal Highness)."

No, the distinction I was thinking of is between a ruling King or Queen (such as Elizabeth II), vs. a ruling Prince, such as Albert of Monaco. I know Albert is "His Serene Highness", is that how you designate a ruling Prince?

Although it's not clear if the Princes in "Beauty and the Beast" is ruling anything. He has a castle of his own, but as the region seems to be functioning during his "beast" years, I'm beginning to doubt that he was the local head of state.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2013 5:41 AM

This thread is freaking me out. I have no idea who Aurora or Tiana even are.

Back to the March Madness thread I go...

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2013 7:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2013 9:37 AM

R57, I agree with your take on reducing the sexual threat of villains by making the villains comical. However, the feyness and nelly timidity that often comes in represents Disney's - and society's - associations of such traits with wickedness, subterfuge, cowardice, and cruelty. It's rather like the Iago effect (although Iago was tough enough, really). And even intelligence is suspect.

Disney went from the wooden, noble, no-personality hero to the juveniled assholery of Aladdin, and it was only when the story demanded a different type (as in "Beauty and the Beast" that other personality traits were included. And intelligence is suspect unless it is invested in a youthful character - or a

Of we were considering order of precedence in a true cartoon world, rather than in Elizabeth's court, I suppose we would also need to include Nala as Simba's consort. And since in the lion culture, regardless of Disney's take on the Royal King Male, it is the females who actually determine almost everything, perhaps Nala would be switching her tail in Belle's and Tiana's faces as she entered the ball.

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2013 4:45 PM

HSH is not a bullshit term for lower-rate monarchies. Durlacht (which translates to HSH) goes back to the days of the Holy Roman Empire. Queen Elizabeth II's grandmother was born a HSH.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2013 8:25 PM

The Durlacht in Holy Roman Empire times were the prince-electors that voted on a Holy Roman Emperor.

Thus, the term was a totally different thing than as used by hereditary ruling families of places like Monaco now.

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2013 9:14 PM

Princess Beatrice has a bit of a Disney look about her. Those eyes, white chicklet teeth, pale skin and red hair.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2013 2:39 AM

You people are the faggiest faggots who ever fagged.

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2013 2:43 AM

And you, R75, are a larval parasite in society's stool.

Even if you're correct in your appraisal.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2013 3:01 AM

I think Buzzfeed googled themselves and were somehow inspired by our fight over Belle in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2013 3:31 AM

How DARE you bitches forget about me!!!

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2013 4:43 AM

Note to Grand Dutchess Anastasia: Bitch, you were a 20th Century Fox Princess. Take your trashy ass to Monaco and smoke ciggies with Alfred's bastards.

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2013 4:49 AM

You are my soul mate, r79.

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2013 4:54 AM

[quote]Princess Beatrice has a bit of a Disney look about her.

Bea and Eugenie would be perfect as The Ugly Stepsisters in a live action remake of "Cinderella"

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2013 2:03 PM

Bitches, please. Leia Organa of Alderaan is now a Disney Princess, and she would kick all those other princesses' ass.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2013 3:56 PM

Leia's princess title was just a curious formality in Alderaan, granted to daughters of Senators and born for the duration of the fathers term. It doesn't imply royalty in the sense we have on Earth, there was no throne for her to succeed to. She would probably be given precedence behind Jasmine, Snow, Aurora and the mermaid, but ahead of Pocahontas.

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2013 5:05 PM

Does the fact that Ariel is the daughter of the Sea King not count? Like dominion over all the seas and magic powers to boot surely gives her a boost in stature? She's on another level to the others.

Aurora is my favourite, though.

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2013 7:26 PM

Glad you left off that frizzy red haired Merida. Bitch needs industrial strength keratin treatments.

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2013 7:41 PM

Actually he's only the king of one region of the sea, R84 - "Merfolk".

by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2013 8:25 PM

R82

Yes, but if you are Princess of a Planet that no longer exists, are you still a princess?

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2013 9:05 PM

The princess is still a princess, even after her home planet has been destroyed. One is correctly addressed by the highest title one has ever held - a retired ambassador or president is addressed as "Ambassador" or "Mr. President" for the rest of his or her life.

Does Leia's standing as an Imperial Senator give her a leg up on any of the other princesses?

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2013 9:24 PM

Nope, R88. Ex-King Simeon of Bulgaria didn't have a leg up to his kingly peers even after he was Prime Minister of Bulgaria. It's based on who reigned first.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2013 9:36 PM

R88

But surely if you're a Princess of a people who no longer exist... that has to rank you lower than a princess who reigns over people who aren't toast.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2013 12:40 AM

r83

But Princess Leia wasn't really from Alderaan. She was from Naboo and the daughter of the Naboo Queen Amidala, making her a princess of the blood royal from Naboo, which was not destroyed, right?

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2013 12:58 AM

Queens in Naboo were elected and then were no longer queens when they served their terms.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2013 2:10 AM

R84 has a point. I forgot that Daddy was a "king." It doesn't matter that he's not Poseidon Himself. The fact that he had a kingly claim to some portion of the sea's dominion is enough for his daughter to be afforded a spot with the other royal princesses. Insipid as she is.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2013 2:23 AM

Again, Ariel's father is King Triton, and in Greek mythology Triton is the son of Poseidon, one of the twelve major Gods of the Greek pantheon.

That makes Ariel granddaughter of a God-with-a-capital-G, as well as a Princess by blood. So I'd say she came #1 in precedence... except that she probably gave up her status as a demigoddess when she had Ursula turn her into a human. IMHO that puts her back in the pack.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2013 3:58 AM

I think Jasmine probably has the best jewels. Those middle eastern princesses drip with jewels, to the point of questionable taste. If wealth were the measure of precedence (which of course it never is) then Jas would be leading the procession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 28, 2013 12:26 AM

Ok, I made a mistake but didn't realize until I clicked to send the message. Brunei isn't part of the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 96March 28, 2013 12:30 AM

where is rapunzel in all of this...She seems like she is an only child, so i assuming she would be queen of all the land when her parents kick the bucket.. Also Ariel was the youngest of her sisters, so she was technically the prince edward of the disney royals..unless Prince Eric is high ranking..hmm and since we never heard heard of Prince Eric's father, he must of been sick or something. so soon Prince Eric would assume the throne and Ariel would be his queen..

by Anonymousreply 97March 29, 2013 1:58 AM

R94, great points. But the Court of St. James does not recognize degree of deity as a consideration in assessing precedence. Interestingly, church leaders rank very high, but beings on the other side of the divinity divide officially would receive no normal recognition.

But certainly a descendant of the Lord of the Seas would, indeed, rank exceedingly high. I think technically she would be considered Imperial rather than merely Royal.

by Anonymousreply 98March 29, 2013 2:05 AM

I think the daughter of the Lord of The Sea should use the honorific 'Lady' prior to her Christian name. I base this on the daughters of First Sea Lord Louis Mountbatten who were styled as daughters of Earls.

by Anonymousreply 99March 29, 2013 2:40 AM

Mulan is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 100March 29, 2013 3:01 AM

Mulan is a fucking peasant. She'd be banished to the kiddie table with Princess Michael, Princess Charlene of Monaco, and Countess Luann de Lesseps!

by Anonymousreply 101March 29, 2013 4:15 AM

would Nancy Tremaine be included? she is the one from Enchanted that ended up Prince Edward..though i never understood that kingdom, was Susan Sarandon's character Prince Edward's mom? and was she a queen.? i cant remember

by Anonymousreply 102March 29, 2013 9:26 AM

In "Enchanted", the wicked queen was the widow of the queen, Prince Edward's stepmother, and I believe she was regent until Prince Edward turned 21 or got married. If she got rid of him before either happened, she got to stay queen.

So at the end, Nancy the designer from NY got to be queen consort, not a princess. Hey, she outranks all the princesses!!

by Anonymousreply 103March 29, 2013 9:54 AM

R102, your refusal to use capital letters to start sentences while capitalizing proper nouns indicates a personal issue of an alarming type. Please correct your silly posturing or risk seeming to be what you may in fact be but perhaps aren't.

In terms of precedence, you're dead last until then.

by Anonymousreply 104March 29, 2013 11:50 PM

No r102!

The princess in Enchanted is NOT a "Disney Princess."

She is a princess who happens to be a movie produced by the Disney studio. Same for that bitch in The Princess Diaries.

They don't count.

by Anonymousreply 105March 30, 2013 6:13 AM

The Nostalgia Critic did a video about the Disney Princesses this past week. Really worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 31, 2013 9:58 AM

"The Most Exclusive Hotel Room In The World: Inside Disney's Castle":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2013 4:47 PM

I always wondered how things went after the end of "Beauty and the Beast", when the Prince is back in his castle and his subjects have to start paying taxes again.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2013 5:01 PM

All you friggin' bastards have forgot me, a Princess of the Scottish Clans, who could whoop all the other Princesses arses and still be a lady about it! PLUS, did I mention, I'm Scottish?

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2013 5:12 PM

There aren't enough "Marys" for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2013 5:17 PM

Merida, please! Your father's "kingdom" consists of ten wattle-and-daub huts and twenty sheep.

by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2013 5:30 PM

Mulan is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2013 5:47 PM

Any marriage Cinderella may have contracted with Prince Charming would clearly be morganatic and result in her receiving one of his lesser titles, likely Duchess of Politeness or Baroness Nice Enough. When Prince Charming accedes to the throne as King Charming, she would be styled as a mere Princess Consort.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2013 6:24 PM

You bitches are ridiculous. I love it. Could someone explain all of the Jasmine hate?

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2013 6:28 PM

Did Sleeping Beauty's substance abuse issues ever make the tabloids? Rumor is she spend months at the Betty Ford clinic to overcome her addiction to Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2013 6:42 PM

Ariel Belle Jasmine Cinderella Snow White Arura

by Anonymousreply 117February 23, 2014 11:14 PM

This argument is far more rational than arguing with the Janbot, over Janet Jackson's net worth.

by Anonymousreply 118February 24, 2014 12:36 AM

All I know is they ALL must bow to me, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 24, 2014 12:46 AM

Sylvia Leonora, Lady Brooke, Ranee of Sarawak was given precedence by Lillibet as the Queen of the Headhunters.

Queen of the fucking headhunters!

by Anonymousreply 120February 24, 2014 12:51 AM

Sylvia needs to be given the Disney treatment!!!

by Anonymousreply 121February 26, 2014 1:14 AM

Does the list need to be revised to include Elsa? She and Snow White might be neck and neck with them both being Queens.

by Anonymousreply 122June 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Aurora has now been elevated to Queen.

Aurora reigns supreme over the lesser Disney Princesses.

by Anonymousreply 123June 1, 2014 6:12 PM

So if Aurora marries Prince Whatshisface and their fathers die, she'll be queen of two kingdoms! That would put her in first place, except...

Snow White was also the only child of a deceased king, and was set to marry a prince, so once they married and inherited they'd also have two kingdoms. Still, it puts them ahead of Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2014 8:27 AM

Ariel is first, because she is the favourite daughter of the ruler of all the realm of Neptune, not just some piddling little obscure kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2014 9:59 AM

No, Ariel is not real.

by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2014 1:13 PM

Ahem, Aurora is the queen of two united kingdoms of which she is regnant. If she married a prince who succeeded she'd be a queen a third time but consort.

by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2014 1:16 PM

"Ariel is first, because she is the favourite daughter of the ruler of all the realm of Neptune"

Being the "favorite" means nothing in terms of succession, did he ever refer to her as his heir? I mean, if there are other daughters, and possibly sons, then she probably isn't first in line for the throne.

And her father's immortal anyway, he can't even be killed. The only way anyone is going to get his kingdom is to force him out of power, and a weenie like Ariel isn't going to be the one to do that! No, Ariel will be an Undersea Princess for all eternity, and queen consort of her husband's kingdom for a mortal lifetime.

I don't think she even makes the top five.

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2014 7:18 PM

Some of these princesses are real bitches.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Prince Floren is the biggest queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2014 11:01 PM

I take it Elsa is not included because she became Queen when she reached age? She's waaaay hotter than Snow White ever could be.

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2014 11:45 PM

As the OP of this thread, we admit to having become completely flummoxed by the various arguments made, and was astonished to find that even Aurora had suddenly been elevated to Queen Regnant. Add that to all the semi-divinities and the perplexities of comparative rankings between actual versus legendary princesses, and we think that after all these months we should just give up our plans to entertain this mass of celluloid and digital (and how does one assign precedence to medium of existence, for Christ's sake?) princesses. We already had given up on making the birthday deadline. And now, with our loss of Scotland looming, we feel our own position is being shaken. We even have returned to our royal we in order to feel better.

So we think that, unless a definitive listing can be provided, we shall simply go to the stable with an apple and some carrots in our purse and have lunch with our elder daughter-in-law. If you CAN assist, however, please do.

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2014 1:36 AM

[quote]No, Ariel will be an Undersea Princess for all eternity, and queen consort of her husband's kingdom for a mortal lifetime.

I mean, does Ariel even have the Undersea Princess thing going for her? Didn't she basically give all that up to become human?

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2014 4:22 PM

R1 must be a Jewish-American Princess, hence the racism towards Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2014 4:27 PM

Which, if any, Disney Princess was born of parents who were both Royal in their own right? And how does this factor in with regard to Precedence?

by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2014 9:48 PM

Let's not forget the "forgotten" Disney Princesses.....and why Amy Adams should fire her lawyers.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2014 10:25 PM

Giselle wasn't actually a princess, R141. She was a peasant who lived in the woods, and who almost married a prince... but didn't.

I do love that movie, God help me.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2014 10:27 PM

I win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 28, 2016 7:58 PM

[quote]I feel like Jasmine should really come first. She's the undisputed daughter of a reigning absolute monarch and she IS addressed as "Princess" in the film. Are the others?

As R58 pointed out, the opening song to SLEEPING BEAUTY addresses her as "Princess Aurora." Also, Snow White is called a princess. When the Evil Queen tells the Huntsman to take Snow White into the woods and kill her, he initially protests, saying she's just "a little princess."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 28, 2016 8:54 PM

Later, the Huntsman addresses Snow White as "Your Highness" when he decides not to kill her and begs her forgiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 28, 2016 8:55 PM

Bumping the gayest thread Datalounge has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 141May 29, 2017 4:49 AM

What about Tommy and Gio? Aren't they invited?

by Anonymousreply 142May 29, 2017 5:03 AM

I think Disney simplified some of the dialog for the big screen. You have to go back to the original source material to ascertain their individual provenance.

by Anonymousreply 143May 29, 2017 5:05 AM

Snow White first and then all the rest in the order they were presented by Disney.

by Anonymousreply 144May 29, 2017 5:21 AM

I would rather rate the princes. Preferably naked and after sampling them.

by Anonymousreply 145May 29, 2017 5:23 AM

You'd think that the Snow White of the original Disney film would have ended up as ruling queen of her father's kingdom, since presumably her wicked stepmother was acting as regent and she died in the last act. Of course it's not addressed in the film, she just gets carried off by a man who shouldn't be carrying off a girl that young, and nobody ever mentions her going home to assume the crown.

Personally, I think that since she was declared dead by the queen regent, somebody else grabbed the throne.

by Anonymousreply 146May 29, 2017 5:59 AM

Chronologically. It's been a steady and painful decline.

by Anonymousreply 147May 29, 2017 8:07 AM

R5, how is Tiana royalty by birth? I didn't see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 148May 20, 2018 11:50 AM

Rapunzel must have been after my time.

by Anonymousreply 149May 20, 2018 12:03 PM

Um, what about me?

by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2018 12:29 PM

Yes, what ABOUT you, dear?

by Anonymousreply 151May 20, 2018 1:03 PM

Don't worry, Tinkerbelle R150

You are still in first place to marry Elsa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 20, 2018 1:15 PM

R148, at the end of "Princess and Frog" Tiana is more or less engaged to a Prince, and will presumably become a princess by marriage.

Of course that prince is shiftless, broke, and disinherited, and he'll probably dump her for her wealthy white friend. Of course she's a lovely girl and he's very grateful that she rescued him, but a man has to think of his future and the white girl is a MUCH better meal ticket.

by Anonymousreply 153May 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Ariel's status is actually lower rather than higher because of her father's immortality. Being the child of a deathless God literally undoes the status associated with inheriting anything through that God. As a child of Triton, Ariel's status is limited by her father's immortality. She is an eternal princess who is not also a queen of anything. It is hard to tell where she would rank compared to Hercules because both are pretty much lesser children to immortal gods. But the real interesting question isn't how she compared to Hercules -- but how she compares to Meg.

Ironically depending on what Meg is meant to be SHE might outrank everyone as a first generation immortal who reigns supreme over a small conceptual kingdom of 'bitchyness.'

If Meg is really Megaera one of the Erinyes, just slumming it, then she outranks everyone. Considering her attitude and her connection to Hades it seems fair to pretend she is one of the furies, taking a break from her more energetic sisters.

Megaera is one of the last named offspring of Ouranos who was created, like Aphrodite, when Cronos threw his father's genitals into the sea -- putting her on par with the original Titans as a ruler of heaven. Her birth also took her OFF this list of rulers deposed by Zeus because she didn't ever support the titans. Because Megaera (and Aphrodite etc) spent the entire Titanomachy just being randomly alive doing evil when Zeus overthrew that generation of rulers she wasn't deposed. Zeus never assumed rulership over her domain. So Meg is the goddess/queen of her own thing on par with Aphrodite; only instead of being the goddess of love, she is the personification of bitchy romantic jealously and resentment.

If this is all true. That makes Meg the highest ranking Disney being of them all. Especially here. She is literally our god/queen.

by Anonymousreply 154May 20, 2018 3:22 PM

R153, Tiana married the prince. That’s how she became a princess. Upon marriage she became a princess so when they kissed the spell that turned them into frogs was broken.

by Anonymousreply 155May 20, 2018 10:24 PM

R154, will you marry me, or would you rather I just worshipped you?

by Anonymousreply 156May 21, 2018 6:45 AM

R153, in other words, R5 made a mistake re Tiana.

by Anonymousreply 157May 21, 2018 6:47 AM

I'd only have the contemporary feminist female protagonists: Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas (my favorite), Mulan, Elsa, Anna, Merida, Moana, Vanellope, Tiana.

Not Ariel. She's not a feminist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 16, 2018 6:15 AM

1:06. They look so much better now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 16, 2018 6:17 AM

Forgot Rapunzel. Her too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 16, 2018 6:19 AM

Some are rather displeased...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 16, 2018 6:23 AM

Questions...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 16, 2018 6:26 AM

I am QUEEN, I will sit at the head of the table bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 16, 2018 6:56 AM

Except, Queen Elsa, that Arendal isn't an independent kingdom, it's part of Norway. And has always been, according to a full ten seconds of internet research.

Therefore, the title of "Queen of Arendal" can't be anything but honorary, the citizens are actually subjects of the King or Queen of Norway!

by Anonymousreply 164August 16, 2018 7:06 AM

POOF! I froze the annoying pedant at r164 and his corpse fell and shattered into a thousand pieces!

Any more objections, bitches?

Bow down.

by Anonymousreply 165August 16, 2018 7:17 AM

Mulan was not a princess.

Pocahontas was the Native American equivalent of a princess, so she qualifies.

If you consider Hercules being the son of the King of the gods to be a prince, then I suppose Megara could be considered under the Princess by marriage category.

by Anonymousreply 166August 16, 2018 7:48 AM

Actually, R166, Hercules was summoned to Olympus and officially deified after his mortal form died, he was an official GOD! A second-tier God to be sure, ranking behind the 12 great Gods of Olympus, but a god nonetheless, one who was actually worshipped in Ancient Greece.

Which would make Disney's Meg a Goddess by marriage, which has got to make her the superior of any mortal princess.

by Anonymousreply 167August 16, 2018 8:34 AM

The Olympians were the Royal Family of all gods, with Zeus as the king. In terms of titles, marrying the (non-bastard) son of a king (even a king of other gods) still makes you just a princess. Megara herself was never deified, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 168August 16, 2018 8:39 AM

R161, I think the controversy is a bit fake.

by Anonymousreply 169August 16, 2018 2:44 PM

Offended as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 16, 2018 3:50 PM

Someone asked for this thread to be bumped. it came up in a discussion of "the gayest thread ever", of course.

by Anonymousreply 171August 28, 2020 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!