Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alain Delon photo feast

For when you have a few hours to spare and if you like Euro-glamour and movies and stars - a fascinting archive of Alain Delon photos with lots from the 50s and 60s when the glamour factor is ramped high.

Its 193 pages, but Page 8, at link, has a fascinating one of Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner meeting him in France in 1978. Nat looks clearly taken with him, while RJ's cheesy grin is looking the other way wondering if anyone is looking at him ?

Lots with Delon's on-off love Romy Schneider too. plus with Katharine Hepburn, and Lauren Bacall looking very glamorous - must have been about 20 years ago - and some terrific gif images from Plein Soleil/Purple Noon and others.

Odd seeing he older Delon too, age is catching up with him now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2020 7:23 PM

Wow, thank you so much for that OP. I enjoy it a lot so far!

:)

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2013 11:47 AM

Nat and Wagner were doing Europe that summer, they were also at Dirk Bogarde's hideaway home in the south of France where Dirk lived with his partner.

Love the shot of Delon in the car with Sophia Loren and Romy Schneider. Imagine driving those 3 around - it was the Cannes Film Festival in 1962.

I can't possibly see all these now, but will return to them.

Do any present day stars compare? Will we/they be looking at comparable archives on Gerard Butler or Bradley Cooper in say 20 years? No, I didn't think so either ...

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2013 11:48 AM

LOL, look at how he cringes away from Visconti.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2013 11:49 AM

Which page is the Bacall one on ?

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2013 11:54 AM

Do we know what Alain's "dique" looks like?

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2013 11:56 AM

He looks like a cross between James Dean and Eddie Furlong.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2013 12:00 PM

He was much prettier than I was, wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2013 12:00 PM

Visconti was his mentor r3 as he put him in 2 prestige pictures that made his name: Rocco and his Brothers, in 1960, and The Leopard with Burt in 1963. Visconti also directed him and Schneider in a play in Paris. So I imagine Alain was good friends with the Italian maestro - before Helmut Berger came on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2013 12:06 PM

There is another shot with Natalie Wood on the next page, 9.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2013 12:07 PM

He seems much sexier in the movie moments than in the stills.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2013 12:11 PM

His little boy was adorable, too.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2013 12:18 PM

I must dig out Purple Noon again ! and The Leopard, and those 60s crime thrillers he did.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2013 12:24 PM

Do you think that Robert Wagner wanted to fuck Alain?

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2013 4:30 PM

Do you think Alain Delon wanted to fuck Robert Wager?

Anyone else hear that President Pompidou and Alain Delon had a thing going?

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2013 5:01 PM

There is a Helmut Newton nude of Delon somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2013 5:07 PM

I'm sorry I was born too late to see Alain Delon in full in drag.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2013 5:10 PM

“I watch you sleep. I’m with you, by your bedside. You’re wearing a long black tunic and red embroidery on the bodice. These are flowers, I think, but I do not look at them. I will say goodbye, the longest farewell, my Puppelé. That’s how I called you. It meant “little doll” in German. I do not watch the flowers, but your face and I think you’re beautiful, and never, perhaps you have been so beautiful. I also think this is the first time in my life - and yours - I see you calm and soothed. You’re so quiet, you are so fine , how beautiful you are. Looks like a hand, gently wiped your face all the tensions, all anxieties of misfortune. I watch you sleep. They tell me that you’re dead. I think of you, to me, to us. What am I guilty? We ask ourselves this question before a being that is loved and still love that one. This feeling fills you, and then flows back and then we say that one is not guilty, no, but responsible … I am. Because of me, what is your heart in Paris the other night, stopped beating. Because of me because it was there twenty-five years and I had been chosen to be your partner in “Christine”.

You came to Vienna and I waited, in Paris, with a bouquet of flowers in his arms I did not know how to hold. But the film’s producers told me: “When it come down from the bridge, you will advance to her and offer these flowers.” I waited with my flowers, like a fool, mixed with a horde of photographers. You’re down. I stepped forward. You said to your mother, “Who is this boy?”. She answered you: “It must be Alain Delon, your partner … “. And then nothing, no thunderbolt, no. And then I went to Vienna where we were shooting the film. And then I fell madly in love with you. And you fell in love with me. Often, we asked ourselves one to another issue of love, “Who fell in love the first, you or me?”. We counted ‘One, two, three! “And we answered:” Neither you nor I! Together “. My God, we were young, and as we were happy. At the end of the film, I said, “Come live with me in France” and already you told me: “I want to live near you, in France.” Do you remember when? Your family, your parents, furious. And throughout Austria, Germany, who all treated me … usurper, the kidnapper, who accused me of removing the “Empress”! Me, a French, who did not speak a word of German. And you, Puppelé, who did not speak a word of French. We loved without words, in the beginning. We looked and we had some laughs. Puppelé … And I was “Grandpa”. After a few months, I did not speak German yet but you spoke French so well and we played at the theater in France. Visconti was the staging. He told us that we resembled and we had, between the eyebrows, the same V that wrinkled, anger, fear of life and anxiety. He called it the “V of Rembrandt” because, he said, that this painter had “V” on his self portraits. I watch you sleep. “The V of Rembrandt” is deleted … You have no fear. You are no longer frightened. You’re more alert.

You are no longer hunted. The hunt is over and you rest. I look at you again and again. I know you so well and so strong. I know who you are and why you died. Your character, as they say. I reply, ‘other’, the character of Romy was her character. That’s it. Leave me alone. You were violent because you were right. A child who soon became a star, too soon. So, on one side, whims, tantrums and moods of a child, always justified, of course, but with unpredictable reactions, on the other hand, the professional authority. Yes, but there are children who do not really know how it plays with. With that. And why. In this contradiction, through this breach, rush anxiety and unhappiness. When one is Romy Schneider, and we have the sensitivity and temperament in flower of life, on edge, which was yours. How to explain who you were and who we are, “actors”. How to tell them to keep playing, “Interpreter” to be what we are not really crazy and we become lost. To stand, roughly, how they say it is so difficult, that there should such a strong character, such a balance …

―Farewell My Puppelé letter from Alain Delon to Romy Schneider, June 11, 1982.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2014 12:03 PM

I've heard a couple of times that he had some ties to the mafia? Any truth to that?

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2014 12:09 PM

In her memoir of sister Natalie, Lana Wood wrote of meeting Delon on a plane to Paris and fucking him once they landed.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2014 12:16 PM

Here he is presenting his dick:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2014 12:18 PM

He has a strange beauty, but lacked the presence to get past its fading.

And he is a relic in more than one sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2014 12:24 PM

Scorpio.

Hitman with kittens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2014 12:49 PM

Most beautiful man ever.

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2014 12:53 PM

Just the thing to warm up a chill October day, thanks OP!!

If anyone has not seen Delon in La Piscine, which I watched last month, I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2014 1:09 PM

And Delon is a Scorpio, r22! Born November 8, 1935.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2014 5:44 PM

I thought he was bi.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2014 7:21 PM

Very few men get to be that handsome. It's a shame what time does to our bodies.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2014 11:38 PM

Most beautiful man in cinema history. Forever in film.

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2015 5:01 AM

Lovely photos OP. My favorite Alain Delon photo is this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2015 5:28 PM

I read once here in Datalounge a guy said that an old Alain Delon and that supposed guy had something in NY.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2015 6:09 PM

Why doesn't he spend $5000 or euros and get his eye bags removed? That barely even counts as plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2019 4:23 AM

R26 he is. But like a lot of bisexual men. He is ashamed of his attraction to men and reacts in anger at it. Typical self loathing closet case

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2019 4:34 AM

I never felt especially compelled by him as an actor and looks wise he's not really my type but my eyes always go to him more than others in a photo or scene. I wonder how straight guys felt about him.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2019 5:05 AM

R32 How do you know he is bi?

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2019 5:34 AM

R34 Some fraus here cannot stand he is bi and they are trying to persuade that he only had gay relationships with men when he was young and wanted to get into movies. Later, he said: Reporter: People, once more, don't say it straight to your face but they suggest very very strongly that you have homosexual tastes ? Delon: So what's wrong if I have ? Or I did ? Would I be guilty of something ? If I like it I'll do it. We have a great actor in France named Michel Simon and Michel Simon said once, "If you like your goat, make love with your goat." But the only matter is to love.

He had an affair with french actor Pierre Clementi who got a part in Leopard (by Visconti) because Delon asked him too.

And recently I found very nice interview by The New York Post from 1970 when they promoting Borsalino and they wrote that producer of Borsalino flies around the world with Delon and he's his TRAVEL COMPANION. And they didnt forget to mention that producer is ALMOST AS HANDSOME AS THE STAR OF THE MOVIE. Even they knew something was fishy. Actually that article was hilarious. Delon talked about Belmondo. He said he will never act with him again. The article brings out the situations like both men had to have the same amount of close ups in the movie. None of them wanted to lose the fight. The names of the actors had to appear on the same hight on the screen lol But Delon was one of the producers of the movie and he put his name higher then Belmondo's. Belmondo sued him for that.Oh, worth mentioning is that Delon said Francois Marcantoni , famous gangsta was friend for a life.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2020 3:11 PM

I don't know if Alain Delon was bisexual, but another European actor of his generation -- Horst Buchholz -- was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2020 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!