Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

History Channel's THE VIKINGS

The new scripted drama premieres tonight.

From the creator of "The Tudors" and starring former CK underwear model Travis Fimmel and Gabriel Byrne.

I'm going to give it a shot...early reviews are encouraging, and I'm guessing many of the male characters will be hot, in an uncivilized, possibly murderous yet emotionally conflicted way. Kind of like some of the guys I've known from real life.

I want to see wanton pillaging and bedroom intrigue.

by Anonymousreply 21304/26/2015

Fimmel should lose the beard. He looks better when he looks like a girl (see link). He should also do a Henry Cavill and go shirtless often and show butt.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2013

There are SOOOOO many ridiculously hot men on this show. I love it! And Travis Fimmel is simply gorgeous; mesmerizing eyes, beautiful face, hot body. If all Vikings had looked like that, I would've nominated myself their pass-around slut slave. Great series!

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2013

I LURVE this show

by Anonymousreply 303/11/2013

You may want to see pillaging, I just want to see some manly, hairy Viking Nordic ass.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2013

Interesting episode where the slave (a young English monk) is invited by his Viking master to join him and his wife in their lovemaking.

by Anonymousreply 503/18/2013

Yes R5, was that historically accurate?

Did it hint at the combination of warrior on monk?

Anybody know Scandinavian pagan Penthouse-type stories?

by Anonymousreply 603/18/2013

[quote]Did it hint at the combination of warrior on monk?

No but the Viking seemed quiet eager to share his wife.

by Anonymousreply 703/18/2013

I thought that, too, R7 -- but then I wondered if it was a test, just as the same scenario was used by the leader (Gabriel Byrne) in an earlier episode. The man who agreed to have sex with the leader's wife, at the leader's invitation, was killed. In last night's episode, the blond Viking leaves entrusts his children to the monk, saying that he was responsible and trustworthy. I wonder if refusing the offer of sex proved his trustworthiness.

Or Vikings could have just been a horny bunch.

by Anonymousreply 803/18/2013

There's very little documented about Vikings and the homosex though it seems they followed the old, "It's okay as long as you are the one penetrating" rule.

by Anonymousreply 903/18/2013

You simply can't beat the 1958 film THE VIKINGS with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis in their prime, with Janet Leigh and Ernest Borgnine - great story and supporting characters, its got everything. I have to watch it everytime its on despite having the dvd. Its a childhood movie I still love now. That Welsh castle, the bear pit, the ships, the great photography by Jack Cardiff.

by Anonymousreply 1003/18/2013

Ragnar and Rollo are two hot brothers in constant conflict. Our hero Ragnar is smart and sly, soft-spoken and wanting to learn English from the "priest." (Loving the English monk "priest," especially if he lets his hair grow out on top)

I really like the crazy genius boatbuilder Floki, with the crazy eyes.

Gabriel Byrne is very good as the bad guy monarch. His overpainted ambitious wife--wasn't she Schuster's wife on GLEE?

Gorgeous location shots from Ireland.

Anyway, it is good stuff... too bad that imported miniseries "The Bible" is grabbing all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 1103/18/2013

I like the series as well.

I mentioned in the Travis Fimmel thread that he looked more into the threesome than the wife.

Jessylin Gilsig or whatever her name is, completely takes me out of the scenes she is in.

Hated her on Glee and don't like her here either.

Bitch had the man killed.

Like the crazy boat-builder, too.

by Anonymousreply 1203/18/2013

The crazy boat builder is Gustaf Skarskad from the Skarskard family clan (Stellan is his father and Alexander is his brother) and he plays a gay character in the movie Patrik 1.5.

by Anonymousreply 1303/18/2013

The earl's pudgy little henchman is the creepiest character on this show. When he killed that boy, it was horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 1403/18/2013

I get a slashy vibe between Ragnar and the monk. When Raggy talks to him, he puts all his focus on him with this almost hungry look on his face. Ragnar's eyes never leave his face.

The promo for next weeks episode showed Ragnar injured and Athelstan praying -- he says something like "blessed mother, don't let this man die". The monk has Stockholm syndrome or is smitten.

by Anonymousreply 1503/29/2013

Did I miss something?

Why is Ragnar a criminal all of a sudden? What did he do wrong?

So he killed that rapist, he was just covering up for his wife.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

OMG, he's pretty!

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

THIS SHOW ROCKS. LEAD ACTOR TRAVIS IS SMOKING WHITE HOT. High quality production, 9 episodes... Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 1804/08/2013

The show doesn't expose Travis's body.

Too bad it's so boring, too. A bunch of drummed-up, nonsensical conflicts that wouldn't have to happen.

The creators don't have any genuine stories to tell or real-world observations to make, nor any rich characters.

by Anonymousreply 1904/08/2013

Bwaa haaahaa heeeheee hip hip hip

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

SEASON 2 STARTS TOMORROW, 02/27! Will we get to see Ragnar and Athelstan in some hot Viking/ex-monk homosex action?!

I can't get enough of Travis Fimmel's sexy-as-fuck body and gorgeous blue eyes! And he's still not married. Yay!

In case you need to catch up...

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2014

No love for this beautiful (possibly gay) man?!

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2014

I DVRed the show, I watched last season, I agree, Travis is HOT, hots of HOT men in this show! Loki is crazy cool.

Any gossip on the Aussie, Travis ?

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2014

Didn't he say something homophobic at one point?

by Anonymousreply 2402/28/2014

I discovered this show last year flipping around, and then locked on it and started fapping off.

HOT men!

by Anonymousreply 2502/28/2014

I liked the show originally but the 2nd season is slow and repetitive: Vikings raid a village, beat the people there to death, take their treasures. Ragnar makes a soft-spoken speech to someone, with eyes blazing.

Second plot is boring: various people back at the village are scheming, like Rollo, Ragnar's new wife and Rollo's woman. Also, that blond guy with the braided beard still holds a grudge and is planning something.

Lagetha has a new man and her son is grown up, but it's not that compelling. Sonny is pissed at step-daddy and you know he's gonna go back to real Dad.

by Anonymousreply 2603/14/2014

I liked the show in the first season and I like this season so far too. I thought last night's episode was great so I have to disagree with you, R26. I think Ragnar will have finally met his match in the Saxon King Ecbert. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

by Anonymousreply 2703/14/2014

I'm not sure about that Fimmel guy as a viking, he looks as though he sparkles. Please don't tell me that they are sparkly vikings.

by Anonymousreply 2803/14/2014

ALEXANDER LUDWIG is Bjorn this season! Holy fuck, he's gorgeous!

And I like the fact that they're still exploring the homoeroticism in Ragnar's and Athelstan's relationship (Athelstan is shown softly caressing the golden bracelet than Ragnar gave him). I think that Athelstan gave up him religion because of his love for Ragnar, but obviously he remains conflicted.

Travis Fimmel is incredible in this. His subtle facial and body movements that he uses to emphasize his lines are hypnotic.

Clive Standen is beautiful too. That one-punch knockout while seated of [the blond guy with the braided beard] was hilarious, and disturbingly sexy.

I can't believe that Gustaf and Alexander Skarsgard are brothers!

Katheryn Winnick is hot as Lagertha. Someone should get her into a superhero blockbuster stat.

I still say that Travis and George Blagden are fucking IRL.

AWESOME season so far!

by Anonymousreply 2903/14/2014

Agree with you, R29. I love everything about this show. I never thought anything about VIkings could be this entertaining.

And Floki (Gustav Skarsgard) is both scary and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3003/14/2014

He looks like Stephanie March.

by Anonymousreply 3103/14/2014

Does the viking go up into the viking in this show?

by Anonymousreply 3203/14/2014

Brother Athelston is hot!

by Anonymousreply 3303/14/2014

I have this recurring fantasy about being Rollo's cum bucket.

by Anonymousreply 3403/14/2014

Gustaf Skarsgard is awesome in this. He's a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 3503/14/2014

I loved the scene where Ragnar's first wife told him she wanted a divorce. Was there really such a thing as divorce during that time period?? Just poor writing sometimes.

Fimmel is ok as an actor. He lucked out with this role.

There is a Jimmy Kimmel interview where Fimmel comes across as a real idiot. Youtube it.

I want to love this show, but there are too many shortcomings to it. It could be much better.

by Anonymousreply 3603/14/2014

Okay, can some regular viewers answer this: Does this show have a pro-Christian bias?

Not much of one, to be sure, but I watched a couple of episodes last night to see what it was like, and it seemed like the filmmakers did not share my enthusiasm for watching pagans slaughter Christians.

by Anonymousreply 3703/14/2014

37 it most certainly does not.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Last night's episode showed them torturing a priest. The characters show much disdain for Christianity in general.

by Anonymousreply 3803/14/2014

A few episodes ago, the guy with the nasty pigtail beard was fighting alongside Ragnar and Donal Logue against Rollo. After the fight, he was offered a percentage of the spoils of their future raids and he refused, if I remember correctly. Wasn't the offer made by DL's character? Why is he still harping on Ragnar? I must have missed why he still has a grudge, pouting and terrorizing Ragnar's village.

What's the dealio?.

by Anonymousreply 3903/15/2014

I think Jarl Borg refused the land deal offered by Donal Logue's character (King Horik). All three men did agree to go raiding together but then King Horik told Ragnar that he changed his mind about it. So Borg is all ticked off at both of them and decided to start his plan of revenge by raiding Ragnar's village.

by Anonymousreply 4003/15/2014

Forgot to add that Jarl Borg was actually fighting on the same side as Rollo, against Ragnar and King Horik.

by Anonymousreply 4103/15/2014

So what happened to King Horik in this last episode? I like Ragnar's old wife. His young wife gets on my last nerve. I feel sorry for Brother Athelston.

I guess by now he realizes he should have gone with Ragnar instead of staying behind to help. One more thing. Linus Roache. Damn he is hot.

As for Travis Fimmel yes, he got lucky. I don't think he's a very good actor at all. He looks good all dressed up, and he fakes it well enough, but I think assessing him as an idiot based on his talk show appearance with Kimmel is pretty accurate.

He's Australian, and his glory days were modeling underwear for Calvin Klein. never married. Never associated with a woman. He's 35.

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2014

No one even gives a crap. Even though it appears Travis might be gay. Fuck it. I'm bumping this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2014

Here is an interview with Travis Fimmel where he is almost hanging on the guy who plays the monk.

Hope I posted the link correctly.

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2014

My hot little monk

I can't keep my hands off you

Oh now you're blushing

by Anonymousreply 4503/22/2014

Datalounge stopped updating about a half hour ago. Is this going to be another weekend of limited use?

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2014

Everybody on the couch would get it R44

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2014

Boring.

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2014

Thanks for the you tube clip, R44. Definitely something going on there with Travis and the monk. You can tell there's tension between the two of them,and the other two guys. Skarsgaard looks a lot different in real life, but it's still hard to believe he's Alexander's brother. Maybe two different mothers?

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2014

Damn, that little monk is hot. I think Travis Fimmel was just teasing him though. I don't think there's really anything going on there. Skargard's character is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2014

Especially since Fimmel is straight R50.

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2014

Wow. Thanks SO much, R51. I'm SO GLAD you told us. I mean, you'd know if anyone would, right? I'd hate to mistake him for gay.

by Anonymousreply 5203/22/2014

Horik really fucked Ragnar over, didn't he. By pushing the other guy out, he set the stage for him to invade Ragnar's lands. Then Ragnar has to rush home and abandon the field to rescue his family and leaves Horik in charge. But Horik likes to party too much. Lots of raping and not enough pillaging.

by Anonymousreply 5303/22/2014

I'm Norwegian. I should probably watch this, but I just don't think it's something that I would like. Hmm..

by Anonymousreply 5403/22/2014

Sounds like they were aiming for the Game of Thrones audience here.

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2014

I agree, R53. I don't think that King Horik is the leader that Ragnar is. Will be interesting to see how he handles things in England now that he is in charge.

I'm also not sure what King Ecbert has in store for Athelstan. At least he saved the little monk's life though, so there's that. I will be pissed if Athelstan is killed off.

by Anonymousreply 5603/22/2014

I really don't know how the monk could have trusted Ragnar again after Ragnar brought him along on that trip to the sacred place with the intent of having him become a human sacrifice. Ragnar said if the monk hadn't consented to making the trip, he would have forced him to come along. I mean, what's a little ritual murder between friends?

by Anonymousreply 5703/22/2014

Ragner knew the monk wouldn't be sacrificed bc Athelstan was not a true believer of viking gods. That was revealed in the end when the monk survived bc he held a rosary, ie he was a Christian. Only true pagan worshipers are good enough for sacrifice and Ragnar knew that one of his brave men would volunteer to be the sacrifice when athelstan deemed not good enough. It protected Ragnar from having to choose the sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 5803/22/2014

I think King Ecbert wants Athelstan to talk about everything he knows about Ragnar and the Vikings. Athelstan will probably talk to him. But I also believe Athelstan 's heart is still with Ragnar's family.

Once Horik is out of the way, maybe Ecbert & Ragnar will reach an accommodation where Ragnar gets land to colonize and settle, and Ecbert gets his sword to help consolidate his power over more of England. Right now there are several kings and the land is divided. The question is, will Ragnar ever trust Athelstan again? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 5903/22/2014

Travis can not be gay. He went barefoot to a premiere. He was barefoot in that interview. Obviously not gay.

by Anonymousreply 6003/22/2014

In the same interview, Travis is teasing the monk about his on set romance with the actress who plays Siggy's daughter. While Travis may be gay, little George is not.

by Anonymousreply 6103/22/2014

R59, I'm not sure if Athelstan will betray anything about Ragnar to King Ecbert. I do actually think the former monk is quite loyal to his new Viking family. He did kill more than a few of the English when they invaded Westminster and even if he took pity on the bishop who was being tortured and was not able to be a human sacrifice, I still don't see him giving anything vital up to Ecbert. I also think that Ragnar really trusts and likes Athelstan too and is going to be upset when he finds out that he was captured by the English and almost killed.

As to whether or not either Travis Fimmel or George Blagden is gay, who really cares? Neither of them strikes me as gay but I could easily be wrong. And it's not as if any of us will be able to find out for ourselves, unfortunately!

by Anonymousreply 6203/23/2014

HOT DAMN! We'll be seeing more of Travis Fimmel, George Blagden, Clive Standen, Alexander Ludwig, and Katheryn Winnick (I'm gay, and I get tingly feelings in my nethers whenever she's on the screen). Vikings has been renewed for a third season. WOOT!

by Anonymousreply 6303/28/2014

Nice to know and thanks, r63.

Watching ep 5 from this week now, and I'm kind of amazed the series hasn't generated more buzz -- this is some good stuff, and way more subtle than I expected.

The promise of hot guys has been well delivered, as well

by Anonymousreply 6403/29/2014

The guy playing the teenage Bjorn is hot as fuck

by Anonymousreply 6503/30/2014

Oooooooooh Travis Fimmel. Now he was hot, and there are few men I find attractive.

by Anonymousreply 6603/30/2014

Travis is as lucky as a pig in slop. He has limited talent, his looks aren't what they were ten years ago. He peaked when he modeled underwear for Calvin Klein. But I'm thoroughly enjoying the show, and I think he's perfect as Ragnar.

The guy who plays his treacherous brother Rollo, Clive Standen is a much better actor, and his ex wife is pretty cool. Yes, Bjorn has grown up nicely.

You can see there is a rivalry between father and son. And don't get me started on the priest, Athelstan. I love him. Linus Roach is a hot older daddy, too.

Very successful series. I like things that seem authentic, and this one is sort of historically accurate even if the details suffer in service to the story.

by Anonymousreply 6703/30/2014

Fimmel's acting has improved since the first season, but he's still the weak link among the leads. However I do enjoy the undercurrent of affection/lust between him and Athelstan.

by Anonymousreply 6803/30/2014

Travis is excellent. His portrayal is a perfect balance of dangerous thug, sweet and sexy lover, and psychotic seducer. Turns me the fuck ON.

by Anonymousreply 6903/30/2014

I've always loved Lagertha as a character, but never more than when she stabbed her drunk, abusive husband in the eye.

by Anonymousreply 7004/06/2014

That scene with Lagertha was excellent, R70. I also liked when that other guy took the abusive husband's head clean off.

by Anonymousreply 7104/06/2014

What's up with Athelstein and powerful men, thoughtful men?

Ragnar is pining for his slave boy.

by Anonymousreply 7204/06/2014

They all want in his sweet monk pants

by Anonymousreply 7304/06/2014

Lagertha stabbing her husband in the eye was one of the best scenes of the show. Now, she has to find the three men who came to her room the night before and beat the tar out of her.

by Anonymousreply 7404/06/2014

Lagertha doesn't seem to be the kind of woman who would let those men get away without exacting her revenge.

by Anonymousreply 7504/06/2014

Did Ragnar and Rollo hatch the plot to capture Jarl Borg and keep it a secret until it actually happened? If King Horik hadn't brought up the idea of taking Jarl Borg on their raids, I wonder if they would have found some other way to lure him back.

by Anonymousreply 7604/07/2014

It pisses me off--and makes me giggle at the same time--that Ragnar's new husband-stealing housewhore keeps referring to wife #1 as "Slagertha." Bitch.

Hee!

by Anonymousreply 7704/07/2014

After the ass-beatings she handed out during the last two episodes, they should call her Lagerthor.

by Anonymousreply 7804/07/2014

Thanks to King Ecbert, Athelstan can't escape the allure of the pagan world, even in pious England.

I wonder if Bjorn will be forced into marriage with the second Mrs. Jarl Borg.

Is there a reason why Siggy and Rollo haven't married? Is she barred from remarrying because she the wife of a defeated earl?

by Anonymousreply 7904/08/2014

R79, I've wondered why Siggy and Rollo haven't ever gotten married either. I don't think a reason has ever been given. I want to know what Siggy is up to with King Horik also. Is she sleeping with him for her own personal gain? It would seem so after her conversation with the Seer. I think Rollo is going to find out about it sooner or later.

King Ecbert is an interesting character. I like the relationship he has with Athelstan. He seems to want to know all about the Vikings via Athelstan; kind of a "knowledge is power" thing.

by Anonymousreply 8004/08/2014

I don't like King Horik. He is pure slime. And I don't see what he can gain from getting with Siggy.I think Rollo and Siggy need to be together, and someone needs to kill Horik. Ragnar can't be ignorant of the fact that Horik brought on all his current troubles. Who gets to run Jarl's stronghold now?

As for Athelstan, there's a Christian saint named Athelstan but he lived at a different time. Although maybe they're using dramatic license. King Ecbert was an interesting historical figure. Smart too.

Really want to know what becomes of Laegurtha now. After all, she was beaten by several men. I didn't recognize the guy who offed her husband. Is he important?

by Anonymousreply 8104/09/2014

[quote]Oooooooooh Travis Fimmel. Now he was hot, and there are few men I find attractive.

R66, that remark is truly amazing to me, as I rather enjoy watching any scenes with Ragnar's wife Lagertha, and I am a gay man! It helps a lot that she has more balls than some of the male characters, but the actress herself (Katheryn Winnick) is both physically beautiful and quite talented as an actress. She is really mesmerizing to me. Can I get a "MARY!"? :-)

by Anonymousreply 8204/09/2014

I love how "handsy" Ragnar is with males. He hugs and pets his three sons like a very loving father and he showed great affection for Athelstan. He gets up in dudes faces and get touchy with them, like running his hands over Jarl Borg last night before he executed him. Funnilly enough, he doesn't get so affectionate with brother Rollo.

by Anonymousreply 8304/11/2014

Yes, Ragnar is all kinds of sexy (and we got to see his bare feets!). Jarl Borg probably was hard as a rock when Ragnar was gently stroking him. --That is, right before Ragnar slit his back open with a hunting knife, hacked his ribcage open with a hatchet, and flopped his lungs over his shoulders. EEK! That was an EXCELLENTLY filmed scene. The looks on the other characters' faces made it even more realistic. Amazing.

And Lagertha as the new earl was so hot. She is a goddess.

AND ROLLO WALKING AROUND HALF NAKED! Those big nips, softly hair pecs that jut way out, insanely tapered torso and cut abs. I almost passed out into the popcorn bowl. Yummm!

by Anonymousreply 8404/11/2014

So there was a homophobic scene last night. That's what you're saying. One that ends in brutal violence. And we like his here, why exactly??

by Anonymousreply 8504/11/2014

What the fuck are you talking about, R86? What homophobic scene?! Go watch the fucking episode and/or show and then come back and comment. Else, just pipe down.

by Anonymousreply 8604/11/2014

Of all executions I have seen, that is truly the most intimate. It was strangely brutal and loving at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 8704/11/2014

It was horrible.

I looked it up, and Ragnar becomes King according to history as written on Wiki. He also invades Paris at some point. Yes.

But here's the thing. Horik also remains a king, and ironically, if this is the right Horik, and I could only find one, it looks like he outlives Ragnar. He was a treacherous bastard who rose to power by killing off one of his brothers. So yeah, Horik is slimy.

by Anonymousreply 8804/11/2014

All I want to say is Siggie better watch herself. Ragnar is on to her. He saw her whispering with Horik. The fact that Rollo knows she's having sex with Horik makes him culpable even if he does nothing. Rollo needs to stop talking to her about stuff, and then Rollo wonders why Ragnar doesn't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 8904/11/2014

Whenever they show the Vikings rowing out on one of their raids, there is something that takes me out of the program: I find myself pondering the ships they travel in.

The show is vague on how long it takes to get from Norway to England; they seem to get there in a day, which I know is TV magic. It must take several days and I find myself thinking: those ships look small - just two rows for the oarsmen to sit and some standing room. Their boats don't appear to have a lower deck, so I have no idea where those guys sleep, where they store the food/fresh water, where they cook, etc. Do they take turns crapping over the side - the women too?

Guess I better hit Wikipedia for some "real" Viking history.

by Anonymousreply 9004/11/2014

I hate the plot line of "lovesick Bjorn chases hot slave girl". It seems they want Bjorn to be viewed as a regular guy who is not following his station/lot in life and that "twu love is blind". He don't need no stinking princess.

Don't turn this show into the CW where they have to have a cheesy storyline for the teen/female demographic. Or worse, the History Channel is hoping to keep the male watchers happy with a hot blond female piece of eye candy who might show some skin.

by Anonymousreply 9104/11/2014

R86, are you marginally mentally retarded? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 9204/11/2014

The only way to have equality and keep everyone happy is to require that every character gets naked on screen.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 9304/11/2014

I agree! Seeing Travis, Clive, George, Alexander, Katheryn, Jessalyn, Linus, and the rest of these ridiculously hot actors walking around in all their glory would shoot the ratings through the roof!

by Anonymousreply 9404/11/2014

This historical soft porn thing was tiresome when it began.

by Anonymousreply 9504/11/2014

I wondered that too R90 on one of the episodes from the 1st season when they bring back the monks & one of them dies on board. You just think about how that boat must of just stunk to high heaven!

by Anonymousreply 9604/11/2014

These are people who are used to living with very few creature comforts. They have goats roaming in and out of their homes, for god's sake. It's not like they needed something like the QEII to cross over to England.

by Anonymousreply 9704/12/2014

That execution scene was filmed so well. I kept wondering how on earth they were going to show something that brutal. Very well done. Ragnar in that ceremonial white robe was like some kind of avenging angel or something.

One thing I'm not clear on. Originally King Horik had told Jarl Borg that he had decided to help him escape. Did they ever address what made him change his mind?

by Anonymousreply 9804/12/2014

I was all ready for a loving Ragnar/Athelstan reunion in last nights episode and FAIL! And very nice eye candy last night when Rollo and Bjorn were practicing their swordplay on the beach. Woof.

Were those Vikings who ambushed the King's son or some random wild tribe? I didn't recognize anyone that I'd seen with Ragnar's people; are the Vikings going to be accused of something they didn't do?

A couple of times it sounded like Lagertha said "Oragnar" instead of Ragnar. What's that about?

What's is King Horik's master plan? I lost track on that.

I'd love more info on that psychic/prophet guy. No explanation why he looks like he was burned in a fire. This show doesn't steer towards the supernatural but that guy seems to be not totally human. Where'd he come from, what does he do all day, is he from a line of seers, many other questions.

by Anonymousreply 9904/18/2014

Not sure who it was who ambushed King Ecbert's son and his troops. I saw someone who kind of looked like Lagertha from the back but I can't be certain. But it does seem as if King Horik and Ragnar are going to lash over the right way to deal with the English.

I'd like to know more about the Seer too. It looks like he is missing both eyes. And that thing people do where they lick the palm of his hand after he advises them is gross. Not sure what the point of that is.

by Anonymousreply 10004/18/2014

It was the asshole Viking king's son. It was meant to undermine Ragnar...

Speaking of Ragnar, did you notice how he acted like a love struck school boy at the mention of Athelstan? He took his bracelet and put it on his arm. He loves his little monk slave boy!

by Anonymousreply 10104/18/2014

FINALLY, Ragnar and Athelstan get back together. Their scenes together were so great and sweet. Too bad for King Ecbert - he was hot for Athelstan and Ragnar 'won'.

by Anonymousreply 10204/25/2014

So glad that Athelstan chose to go back and live with the Vikings again. His bromance with Ragnar is epic. And you could see how sad King Ecbert was in that scene where he was wandering around Athelstan's room and looking at what he left behind.

by Anonymousreply 10304/25/2014

Eckbert was genuinely looking for an alliance so he could use them as mercenaries. He really wants to use the Vikings to unify England and get rid of his competition. Including that fat king, Aelle, or whatever his name is.

I saw the preview of next week's finale, and things don't look good. I have to ask a question. What made Floki turn on Ragnar and sidle up to Horik?

Horik's plotting against Ragnar and using Floki and Rollo's woman to do his dirty work. Things don't look good. I was so curious I had to go to Wiki and read up on them and now I wish I hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 10404/25/2014

Stupid Primetime. I couldn't post any replies after yesterday's episode. Anyho...

Ragnar asking Athelstan if he would be coming back or else staying with his own people. And then grabbing onto Athelstan's thigh(!), staring into his eyes, and declaring breathlessly, "I want you to come back." SO. FUCKING. HOT.

I almost fainted thinking that Rollo was going to die. And then his giant manly hands weakly grabbing Athelstan's face and throat. That man has *very* big hands. Yum!

Floki has to die. That evil conniving bitch is going after Bjorn and Ragnar's other kids. Traitorous whore!

I'm afeared that the necklage Aslaug gave Porunn is possessed or something. That poor girl's tits are gonna fall off or something. Mark my words.

And that brazen hussy Princess Kwenthrith getting a handful of Viking cock. I hope she took a deep whiff of her fingers afterward!

by Anonymousreply 10504/25/2014

That Princess is a girl after my own heart. She knows what to do with all that viking shit!

Athelstan has returned to his beautiful Ragnar leaving poor King Eskbert to pine away.

by Anonymousreply 10604/26/2014

Ragnar isn't dumb and his character in this story seems naturally suspicious. I wonder why he's letting Horik to get away with all this sabotage.

He has to know Horik manufactured the conflict that ended in Jarl Borg's death, when he changed his mind about including Jarl Borg in the raiding party.

I think Horik is evil. He's determined to stir up trouble. He keeps probing for weaknesses. Now he has Rollo's woman and Floki. I hope Ragnar kills Floki.

by Anonymousreply 10704/26/2014

I like Floki. I don't like that he appears to be turning against Ragnar now. In answer to your question R104, I don't think the show has done a good job of explaining what caused Floki to become unhappy with Ragnar. During the episode when he got married, he mentioned to his bride Helga that he thought Ragnar was getting a bit power hungry, or something along those lines. That was pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 10804/26/2014

So I'm seeing that the rumors are that Kathyrin Winnick is a lesbian. What do you say dl?

by Anonymousreply 10904/27/2014

I personally believe that Travis Fimmel is gay, so if those rumors are true, R109, this is a truly momentous show if both its male and female leads are indeed homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 11104/28/2014

Where have people heard rumors about the actress who plays Lagatha? Have heard no rumors about her being a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11204/28/2014

S2 finale tonight. I'm watching for Ragnar and Athelstan's big gay love.

by Anonymousreply 11305/01/2014

This is Game of Thrones for the Sontag, Deleuze, Lacan and Barthes crowd. Fucking amazing. More nudity would work, but sadly not sold to pay cable. Bet they regret it now.

by Anonymousreply 11405/01/2014

Will the hot Viking earl go up into the hot former English monk tonight?

by Anonymousreply 11505/01/2014

Speaking of Ragnar and his male slave...

Check out the random kiss from those two

by Anonymousreply 11605/01/2014

Wait, so are the two actors (the viking and his slave) a couple in real life?

I'm pretty sure the Travis(Viking) just outed George (slaveboy) at the very end.

by Anonymousreply 11705/02/2014

Marry me R116!

Thank you for sharing that interview. All four are hot. All four scream they have big European cocks. And who knew Floki was also hot in real life?

One can really feel the gay vibe between Ragnar and Athelstand on that couch. I'd love to see the two of them fucking.

by Anonymousreply 11805/02/2014

Too bad Ragnar and Bjorn didn't spitroast that twinky Prince Horik.

by Anonymousreply 11905/02/2014

No, the little monk hooked up with one of the actresses from season 1. It's the girl who was Siggy's daughter who washed him when they were going to sacrifice him. They are the onset romance that Fimmel is teasing him about. There is another interview where Floki grabs George and kisses him the same way. Those big boys have a lot of affection for little Athelstan.

There is speculation about Winnick (Lagertha) being a lesbian. I get more of a gay vibe from her than from Fimmel. I have a feeling that he goes any which way and has a freak side a mile wide. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 12005/03/2014

Katheryn Winnick and India Dupre attend a lot of functions together and are often photographed arm in arm. Dupre was married in 2007 though. I don't know how to post links on here or I would.

Winnick has played a lesbian in a couple of movies, never had a named boyfriend and is a tough girl. I don't know if that adds up to anything, but I would like to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 12105/03/2014

Finally got to see the finale last night -- it was delayed in being available on demand for some reason.

Liked how things wrapped up, mostly. Did Floki always intend to double cross the king, or was it a late change of heart? And apparently Siggi did go through with her murderous tasks? Conniving bitch, that one.

by Anonymousreply 12205/10/2014

Trailer for the new season is intriguing.

Yes, I'll have a little Priest, thank you.

Coming next month, finally.

by Anonymousreply 12301/03/2015

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Oh goodness, Travis Fimmel, George Blagden, Clive Standen, and Alexander Ludwig give me such a raging boner!

I [italic]need[/italic] my Viking-man fix. Thank you, R123!

by Anonymousreply 12401/03/2015

Good news - the show is continuing the love story of Ragnar and Athelstan. Within the first 15 minutes of the S3 premiere, Ragnar seeks out the monk, takes his hand (running his finger down the palm and almost intertwining their fingers) and says "wherever you go, I will follow".

These guys are hot - almost as good together as Agron and Nasir from Spartacus.

by Anonymousreply 12502/20/2015

[quote]Winnick has played a lesbian in a couple of movies, never had a named boyfriend and is a tough girl. I don't know if that adds up to anything, but I would like to believe it.

That makes 2 of us. God she is so hot. Doubt it though, the universe is not that kind.

by Anonymousreply 12602/20/2015

I'm watching the first episode of the new season now, on DVR.

by Anonymousreply 12702/20/2015

Great episode, though I wish they started the season with a two-hour episode. It's been a while since the show was on, and a longer episode would have helped me get in to it.

by Anonymousreply 12802/20/2015

R121 and R126 - the L Chat had someone post a recording of Kathryn's voicemail in order to substantiate their story of fucking her with a strap-on. This person claims to be a member of the industry and posts about other celebs from time to time as well.

by Anonymousreply 12902/20/2015

Re: whether Kathryn Winnick is a lesbian - I saw a recent photograph of her on Pinterest in which an engagement/wedding ring combo was clearly visible on her hand. Of course, she could be married to anyone, but the point is, she is attached.

by Anonymousreply 13002/21/2015

I will be watching with laser eyes for the delicious UST between Ragnar and Athelstan. This show is offering some great stealth subtext and doing a fine job of keeping the shippers happy; the hand caressing in this weeks episode was an eye opener and hopefully just a taste of what will be in store for the rest of this season.

I can't wait for the showdown between King Ecbert and Ragnar, as these guys fight for the hand of the fair Athelstan. There is no way that Rags is gonna let his monk go back with that smarmy king.

by Anonymousreply 13102/21/2015

Yes, the homoerotic stuff was wonderful ( and I love the little monk working as an interpreter).

Also impressive in the season opener: tremendously stirring location shots. Has the production budget gone way up? It kind of looks it.

Meanwhile, Ragnar's child with the crippled legs has more to do than cry before this is over, right?

by Anonymousreply 13202/21/2015

Acccckk. That amputation was brutal. Why did they let Torsten sit around for days with his infected arm putrefying? Is it the Viking way to ignore an injured comrade and leave it up to Odin? That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 13302/27/2015

My DVR cut off a few minutes before the episode ended - right when the hooded stranger came up to Helga and asked for help. Can someone please tell me what happened next.

by Anonymousreply 13402/27/2015

R134, that was a dream. One of the other fraus dreamed it was Althalstan, with the hand wound from his crucifixion.

by Anonymousreply 13502/27/2015

During the episode, the women of Kattegatt reported having the same dreams, but it seemed like at the end, the stranger actually appeared in the village.

by Anonymousreply 13602/28/2015

R132, there is a famous Viking conqueror of England (not Ragnar's son in real life, totally unrelated) known as "somebody, the boneless", I forget his name. He was carried around on his shield. It is not known what his nickname meant, either a battle wound, or birth defect, or a sexually reference, it is unknown. That must be who this baby is.

This show compresses hundreds of years of Viking history into one or two generations of the same family, so it's not good history.

by Anonymousreply 13702/28/2015

R137, isn't Ivarr the Boneless supposed to be one of Ragnar's sons, IRL and on the TV show?

Potential SPOILERS follow:

According to the sagas he invades Britain with the Great Heathen Army and gives King Aelle the blood eagle treatment because King Aelle threw his father Ragnar in a snake-pit.

by Anonymousreply 13802/28/2015

I concede to my more knowledgeable friend. R138.

by Anonymousreply 13902/28/2015

I do dislike the way Ragnar speaks, it's not quite "soft spoken" but perhaps artificially soft-spoken. He adult son has the same speaking voice. Is it perhaps simply the way Sweedish (or whatever they are) men speak English?

by Anonymousreply 14002/28/2015

I love how King Ecbert flirted shamelessly with Lagertha in front of Athelstan to make Athelstan jealous. And Athelstan knew it, too. The king misses his little monk. I bet there were some wild times had in the king's hot tub.

But of course, Athelstan's true love is Ragnar.

by Anonymousreply 14102/28/2015

I really tried to watch this but, fuck, the almost non-stop violence is just too much. I'm no pearl-clutching Mary and I love Game of Thrones and Walking Dead but the Vikings really seem to relish killing and needless violence.

by Anonymousreply 14202/28/2015

Clive Standen as Rollo is the stand-out to me. I wouldn't mind being his sex slave.

by Anonymousreply 14303/03/2015

It's like Game of Thrones and the Tudors without the entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 14403/03/2015

Fimmel inhabits the role. He IS Ragnar.

And his ravishing crystalline eyes are to die for. It's hard to think of any other actor with such electrifying eyes. Not Steven McQueen, not Paul Newman, Fimmels eyes are on another level.

I do miss Ragnar's long hair in Season 3. At least he's got that yummy beard. I love his battered middle aged face. He never did anything for me as a youth.

by Anonymousreply 14503/03/2015

The Vikings seem to be the trailer trash of the Dark Ages.

by Anonymousreply 14603/03/2015

R143, you can be, once he's finished with me.

by Anonymousreply 14703/03/2015

Good description R146. If they'd remained unchanged up til now they, indeed, would be living in trailers wearing wife beaters and brawling with each other.

by Anonymousreply 14803/03/2015

R145 - I agree about Fimmel's eyes. They're so piercing and intense that I often have trouble focusing on anyone else on the TV screen.

The monk has a more gentle look but I like him too.

Rollo is a big masculine guy. Larger than life and quite beautiful.

Yes, there's a lot of blood and gore but the Vikings were feared for the ferocity in battle so the bloody scenes are part of their history.

by Anonymousreply 14903/03/2015

Ragnar's eyes are mesmerizing!

by Anonymousreply 15003/03/2015

What? No appreciation for the display of Athelstan skin in the last episode. I thought he had great abs and looked quite nice wet and towel clad. Hope he doesn't move any further with Princess Hot Pants.

I cackled when Ragnar told Floki to "shut your face". Not something I would expect to come out of the mouth of a tough Viking king.

by Anonymousreply 15103/07/2015

I have a question for DL. Is Travis Fimmel a good actor? I have been told that I have terrible taste so I want to know what the people of DL think.

by Anonymousreply 15203/07/2015

R152, I've read reviews of Fimmel's earlier work that weren't positive, but his portrayal of Ragnar is generally well-regarded.

by Anonymousreply 15303/08/2015

King Ecbert couldn't keep his hands off Athelstan and is distraught that he's going back with Ragnar. He loves that monk.

Floki is really stuck on not accepting the Christian religion, to the point that he's resenting the others who are more open. Wonder if it'll turn nasty.

Goodbye Siggy.

by Anonymousreply 15403/13/2015

Is anyone else disappointed with how the season is progressing so far?

by Anonymousreply 15503/13/2015

I was a little disappointed in the first two episodes this season, r155, but having just watched the third, I am loving it more than ever.

I really am getting the clash of cultures theme, and the discomfort of Egbert and anger of his knights at the sacrifice to Frey on Lagertha's settlement was well done. Her asking the Norse god to use his "phallus" to enrich the land was something new on TV.

Also: Athelstan in and out of the Roman bath, and Ragnar Using his hot pagan head to knock down the wuss rival English prince before saying with a wry look, "I forgive you."

Good stuff.

And on to episode 4

by Anonymousreply 15603/15/2015

All hell will break lose, right ? Ragnar just lost his heart, I think.

The desperate declaration of love was not just there for the bromance factor. Athelstan was really important for him, the only one he trusted, maybe his last link to sanity. And now, he has lost that.

The eulogy was touching as well. The certainty they would never meet again, despite believing in an afterlife was sad.

Didn't enjoy how they made Athelstan a bit dumb in this last episode. That character deserved better. At least he showed Ragnar that he was still loyal to him and loved him, even if no one else in the village got that.

by Anonymousreply 15703/30/2015

Up to S3 Ep 6 and priest is showing skin, but then...

I hate Floki.

by Anonymousreply 15803/31/2015

They killed sweet Athelstan. The scene where Ragnar tells Athelstan that he loves him was the highlight of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 15903/31/2015

For a moment there, I thought Ragnar himself might have assaulted Athelstan if the latter really wanted to leave him.

But no, the little monk, for all his religious fancies, remains loyal. The Ragnar actor (Travis F.) was really convincing in his heartfelt need to have someone steady and reliable to trust and love in his life.

We already got in season 2 that he loved him. It was shown but not said. Rather sublte. Now they said it ! And killed the object of his love...

by Anonymousreply 16003/31/2015

I really hate Floki now, too. I have to wonder what Ragnar has in store for him. Like the Lannisters, Ragnar always pays his debts. I don't know why they had to kill Althelstan. He already said he was leaving them. Of course, if he went back to the Brits, the king's son would've killed him for fucking his wife, holy man or not.

Historic accuracy is pretty decent in this series. The Vikings really did invade Paris. There really was an Athelstan, and Alfred really was the first king of England as a united kingdom.

They've changed a few things, like letting Ragnar live to do all these things and killing off Horik. I hated him so I didn't care. I wonder what Lagertha will do to regain her earldom, and what will happen when they entire clan finds out their colony was slaughtered by Eckbert. I miss Siggy.

by Anonymousreply 16103/31/2015

Wasn't it made to look as if Ragnar put Floki up to killing Athlestan?

I also don't understand why Ragnar killed the guy who told him that the King massacred the village in Wessex. Are we going to find out that Ragnar had a secret deal with the King that included turning his back on his own people?

I don't understand both deaths.

by Anonymousreply 16203/31/2015

I didn't get the impression that Ragnar was in on Athelstan's death at all.

I think Ragnar killed the old guy before the disaster became widely known to avoid a big wave of sentiment for retribution on the English when sacking Paris seems to be his next objective.

by Anonymousreply 16303/31/2015

ATHELSTAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, Lord. Let him do a Lazarus in Episode 7!

by Anonymousreply 16404/01/2015

I love Travis - he puts his heart into this role.

by Anonymousreply 16504/01/2015

I think when Ragnar witnessed the way Athelstan was being shunned, with Ragnar's brother showing everyone Athelstan wasn't wearing his special bracelet, Ragnar saw the sentiment against Athelstan had hardened.

Floki did a good job of turning all of them against him. They were already predisposed to be suspicious and resentful of Athelstan, but they respected Ragnar's friendship with him.

As Ragnar observed them, he realized his own hold on power was fragile. They no longer feared him and therefore he couldn't protect Athelstan, so he kind of let it happen. He knew it was sort of inevitable.

The same was true with the farmer. He couldn't let that guy live and tell his story. Ragnar needs the invasion of Paris to succeed. He wants everyone's attention on that, so he can regain his hold.

The farmer's tale would be disruptive and distracting, and ultimately threatening to his authority. Right now, IMO his leadership is threatened. He has something up his sleeve. It's really getting good.

by Anonymousreply 16604/01/2015

Athelstan ramped up the Christianity quotient just as his loyalties were being questioned by Floki, so maybe Ragnar did see that resistance was futile.

His own love for Athelstan persists, however, as seen by his putting Athelstan's crucifix around his neck.

by Anonymousreply 16704/01/2015

Floki's just a jealous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16804/02/2015

Floki was acting very odd in the preview I saw of tonight's episode. They're preparing to invade Paris. I think Ragnar's going to kill Floki. I have a feeling. I hope so.

Ragnar's fallen out with his current wife, too. He found out she cheated on him with that stranger while Siggie was watching the kids. Oh. It was Floki's wife who told on her.

by Anonymousreply 16904/02/2015

Remember The Seer told Ragnar that Paris would be taken by dead men. Does that mean Floki and Kalf will lead the assault? Will Ragnar give them the "honor" of leading the way?

by Anonymousreply 17004/02/2015

Why did Ragnar let Floki sit in as head of the Paris invasion plans? He basically put him in charge for the discussion, and Floki got all flustered and clammed up. Then Floki jumped up and tried to fly out of the tent.

I didn't understand what was supposed to be happening in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 17104/03/2015

R171 : Ragnar might be playing with Floki as a vengence and a prelude to Floki's demise.

You can't expect him to be happy about F killing Athelstan, and let bygones be bygones can you ?

by Anonymousreply 17204/03/2015

Good episode.

by Anonymousreply 17304/03/2015

Haven't seen 7 yet but I just had to check in after finally catching up through episode 3.6--

Beautiful Athelstan, beautiful episode...fucking gorgeous setting for the burial.

Ragnar declaring his love, later putting the crucifix around his neck. We had so much more to talk about. Your god won't let me see you in heaven.

That's good stuff, as much as I will miss the sexy conflicted monk.

by Anonymousreply 17404/04/2015

Where Ragnar buried Athelstan was where A said The Lord's Prayer and Ragnar repeated it, more or less.

by Anonymousreply 17504/04/2015

Ep 6: "Paris:

So, did the Vikings invent those scaffolds for battle?

by Anonymousreply 17604/05/2015

Oh no! Why is my beloved Ragnar spitting up blood?!

Will those nasty frogs beat his army of Viking studs?

Will I come to him in a vision to ease his sorrows, rub balm on his wounds, and fill him with a hot load of hope and strength?

by Anonymousreply 17704/10/2015

Man, I thought Rollo and Bjorn were dead; Rollo sunk beneath the water and Bjorn had 2 arrows in him. Then when they had a scene where Lagetha comes into the tent to see her son, there was this weird soft focus to the shot, which had all 4 members of Ragnar's family. I thought maybe it was some kind of Viking death vision where everyone was reunited in the afterlife. I was happy that they're actually alive.

Floki has lost it. One good thing... Athelstan returns as a vision/ghost. If he doesn't drive Floki to suicide, I hope he and Ragnsr have a sweet and touching scene (with kissing).

by Anonymousreply 17804/10/2015

So... did I get this right ?

Ragnar was obsessed with the Paris invasion, up to the point that he did murder a surviving settler so he wouldn,t spill the beans about Wessex massacre and distract from the new project.

BUT, he partly sabotages it by letting inefficient Floki lead -and having a lot of vikiings, among them memebers of his family, being wounded and killed - just to get back at Floki.

Wow!

I liked his comment : "Don't fear your gods. Instead fear the fury of a patient man". But, wasn't that cutting your nose to spite your face.

I hope he has an "Athelstan hallucination" at some point.

I also thought Floki would begin to understand that he waqs wron to kill Athelstan, that this sacrifice didn't help them win, that, maybe, there are NO gods... But no, he is an integrist and he is already too far in his folly.

by Anonymousreply 17904/11/2015

Ragnar seems more interested in learning and seeing new places than in conquering and fighting.

I hope Lagertha stomps Kalf's ass.

Bjorn really looked dead there for awhile. Based on where those crossbow bolts appeared to be, he looked like he could've had one if not two hemopneumothoraces (blood/air in the chest cavity). If Bjorn is nicknamed Ironsides, the Ragnar should be Ironman; he's tough. He walks around urinating blood and coughing up blood, yet ignores or subdues the pain so that he can try to communicate with his departed soul-mate, Athelstan, who meant more to Ragnar than anyone else in Ragnar's life (as we suspected, yet it's only now being shown to the audience). It's a shame their relationship wasn't developed more and shown to the viewers more, that could've been a very interesting storyline: gay viking and priest in the late 700s-early 800s.

by Anonymousreply 18004/11/2015

Gutted that Athelstan was killed off. But the up side is the actor George Blagden has got the lead in a huge new series on Versailles. He's playing Louis XIV. Apparently he'll have lots of "torrid" sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 18104/15/2015

R181 - Just when Ragnar and Athelstan's relationship was getting really intense, Athelstan the Man is killed off. The only consolation I have is that George Blagden will be playing luscious and lustful Louis at Versailles. Oh, the costumes, the decadence will be a feast!

by Anonymousreply 18204/15/2015

They sure seem to have a Ragnar peeing theme going on this season.

by Anonymousreply 18304/16/2015

Ragnar forsook French riches and said his wish is to be baptized so when he dies he'll go to heaven and see his friend again. If that ain't love...

by Anonymousreply 18404/17/2015

R183, it is not a peeing thing. Ragnar is pissing blood.

by Anonymousreply 18504/17/2015

I love the irony that when the Pagan "finally" converts to Christianism it is out of love for another man ...

This has to be conflicting for the faithfuls.

by Anonymousreply 18604/17/2015

I'm on the side of the French. Something I never thought I'd think. I'm just watching the most recent episode now, on my DVR, so I don't know how it ends yet. It's probably not good for a series when the audience roots for the opposing side,

by Anonymousreply 18704/17/2015

R186, I'm sure Pope Ignorance VI's head would explode.

by Anonymousreply 18804/17/2015

Well, I was shocked. Ragnar gets baptized? I was hoping Floki would get hacked to death, but with the finale coming up he's still walking around all crazy, blaming everything on Athelstan.

I can't root for the French. That French king and queen get on my last nerve. I feel really sorry for the Count who has to do all the fighting. He ought to kill them.

Linus Roache has been a revelation as King Eckbert. What a sleazy, conniving bastard. Alfred does grow up to be King of England. Not a spoiler.

Ragnar said he was dying, but maybe he won't? I'd hate to see Travis go. He really was good on this show. I did do some reading up in Wiki, and according to history, Ragnar's brother, Rollo really is important. Of course so is Ragnar's disabled son, Ivar the Boneless. Bjorn, too.

by Anonymousreply 18904/18/2015

Really Ragnar is dying? Pissing blood means kidney problems...yeah gonna die soon.

by Anonymousreply 19004/18/2015

Hmm, wonder if I should start watching this. Is there real gay action in it or is it all just fanfic stuff?

by Anonymousreply 19104/18/2015

R190, if he's pissing blood it means his kidneys are still working. He seemed to be pissing a lot. Blood in your urine can heal. His coughing up blood may be worse.

He's supposed to die in King Aella's snake pit in England. At least historically. So I am assuming he goes back to avenge Ecbert's massacre of the Viking settlers.

by Anonymousreply 19204/18/2015

[quote] Ragnar forsook French riches

No. He said it wasn't enough and in addition he wanted this intangible, i.e., the baptism.

Ragnar may have sincerely wanted the baptism but he'll probably tell his people it's a ruse to get into the city, maybe via the Christian you-know-whats.

by Anonymousreply 19304/18/2015

Moe Dunford; what a cutie bear!

by Anonymousreply 19404/18/2015

They seem to have jumbled things together in this story line, so maybe he won't get dropped in King Aella's snakepit. Although it could still happen. It really doesn't look like Ragnar will recover. Did Travis give any interviews about next season?

His conversion to Christianity was certainly for Athelstan, but it was also a message to Floki. If I were Floki, I'd be terrified right now. Someone is going to kill him.I don't think he's going to die the honorable Viking death, in battle with a sword in his hand.

The fact is, the Norsemen did invade France & England and who knows where else, and who the fuck do you think settled Normandy?

by Anonymousreply 19504/18/2015

R191 : It is there, not only in the slashers' wishful, feverish imagination, but it is mostly implied.

You don't get to see any "action". Powerful, understated looks. There is a real declaration of love in season 3. But, we already had understood Ragnar and AThelstan loved each other. Their arc was well developped.

Mind you, the series deliver on showing shirtless hunks. You get eye candy.

Season 1 and 2 are interesting (after a slow start). Season 3 is a bit disappointg for me, yet, I'm still wtching. It is well done.

by Anonymousreply 19604/18/2015

I knew I saw Fimmel's piercing blue eyes somewhere before and I did. Scoll down to see Travis in his younger day as a model. Anyone remember this ad?

by Anonymousreply 19704/18/2015

R196, thanks for the info. Great that there's at least some kind of deeper emotional connection between the guys. I'll probably watch the show at some point. Seasons are thankfully fairly short so it won't take a year to go through all of them.

by Anonymousreply 19804/19/2015

I'm impressed with this series and I hadn't planned to be. I started watching it on a whim, about a year ago, so I'm all caught up and now I look forward to it. It's very well done. I wonder how long they intend to keep it going. There are certainly enough storylines even without Ragnar.

by Anonymousreply 19904/19/2015

How come no one ever talks about my Bad Bitch Laegurtha? She is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 20004/19/2015

R200 you know the drill...useless without photos...

by Anonymousreply 20104/19/2015

Ragnar and Athelstan

by Anonymousreply 20204/19/2015

Bonus

by Anonymousreply 20304/19/2015

I hope this works.

Extended scene frome S3 Ep1

by Anonymousreply 20404/19/2015

And a pic proving that Floki doesn't hate Athelstan in real life ... scroll down.

by Anonymousreply 20504/19/2015

R203, that's cute, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 20604/19/2015

r203 Thanks... adorable and hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 20704/19/2015

Damn. I thought the comments about Ragnar & Athelstan being hot for each other, was just typical DL ravings, as we are wont to do, but I never saw the extended scene. If that wasn't a declaration by Ragnar I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 20804/19/2015

And then, there is a real declaration : "You can't leave me. I love you!" in ep 6, R208.

To which Athelboy answers : "It doesn't matter where I want to go. It,s where you want to go." And looks at him with eyes that silently mean : "I love you too. I will follow you."

*** SPOILERS **** Then, Ahtelstan gets killed. But Ragnar keeps on talking to him. :-(

by Anonymousreply 20904/19/2015

I know. That was so sad. When Ragnar carried his body up to the top of that hill, and sat next to it and spoke to him.

I want to see the hateful deranged Floki die a miserable horrible death.

I wonder what Rollo, Bjorn, and Lagurtha think or what they'll do now they've seen Ragnar baptized.

Rollo has a very big life ahead of him, BTW. Historical fact, not spoiler. I wonder if this series will continue so they can show us what happens to them all.

by Anonymousreply 21004/19/2015

Tonight is the season finale. I want Floki to die, not Ragnar! Maybe someone will cure him.

by Anonymousreply 21104/23/2015

Well, what an ending. Rollo will fulfill his destiny that much is historically accurate. I was glad Ragnar looked Floki in the eye and said, "You killed Athalstan." Not a question, but a statement of fact. Look forward to Season 4. I'm hooked.

by Anonymousreply 21204/23/2015

I was a bit let down by the cliffhanger ending but it had it's good and bad points: Ragnar still weak and seemingly near death; Rollo left in Paris and promised a princess; Bjorn stepping up and being a BAMF; the Norsemen finally taking Paris. At least Ragnar is still drawing breath and it looks like Floki knows he has a target on his back. Revenge for Athelstan!

Lord, it's gonna feel like forever until the show comes back.

by Anonymousreply 21304/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.