Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paul Schneider from Parks & Recreation

He was so cute in the first two seasons of Park & Recreation (as Mark) but left after season 2 (and he has never been back) and hasn't really done anything of note since then. Was he difficult to work with?

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2014

He looks like he has a couple of movies in pre-production. I don't think he's cute at all. He has a really weird looking face.

by Anonymousreply 103/02/2013

Rob Lowe and that guy from Tell Me You Love Me totally ruined the vibe of this show.

by Anonymousreply 203/02/2013

I agree that Rob Lowe brings nothing to the table but I really like Adam Scott...

by Anonymousreply 303/02/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 403/02/2013

He had no personality and wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 503/02/2013

Rob Lowe is a double-threat: He can't do drama and he can't do humor.

by Anonymousreply 603/02/2013

Sheesh, you guys have some weird obsessions

by Anonymousreply 703/02/2013

I think Schneider looks like he's Steve Martin's bastard son.

by Anonymousreply 803/02/2013

I don't understand relatively unknown actors who leave hit shows (unless they're horrible to work with or perhaps written out of the script).

But maybe that way of thinking is just me clinging to the security of a fairly decent job.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

R9: Since when is P&R a "hit" show?

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

R10. I've only heard of Park & Recreation. I don't watch the show, but according to Wikipedia: "It debuted on April 9, 2009 and is currently in its fifth season."

So, I don't make the rules regarding longevity, likeability, ratings and potential syndication viability, but shows on for at least five seasons are considered hits of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 1103/02/2013

Relative to everything else on NBC it is a hit. Most of the cast is great but I hate Rob Lowe too.

by Anonymousreply 1203/02/2013

He has Roger Federer face.

by Anonymousreply 1303/02/2013

See, I think Rob Lowe is hilarious on that show, mainly b/c he reminds of someone I know, especially before his character's writing went over the top. The relentless positivity, healthiness and perfection combined with being a total fucking mess. They are so similar it's scary.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

He was terrible in Bright Star which was horrible enough as it is. What was up with that accent?

by Anonymousreply 1503/02/2013

They never really knew what to do with his character. And he was an indie actor and I think preferred doing that.

by Anonymousreply 1603/02/2013

By season 2 he was phoning in his performance in a way that made it clear he didn't want to be there.

by Anonymousreply 1703/02/2013

i thought the same thing r17- did he have everyone telling him that he was going to be a movie star & was wasting his time in TV?

by Anonymousreply 1803/02/2013

I remember seeing the Paley Center (I think?) interview with the whole cast, and he came across as an arrogant prick that you could tell the cast didn't feel comfortable around. There was a really tense and awkward exchange between him and the moderator at one point.

by Anonymousreply 1901/12/2014

[quote]He was terrible in Bright Star which was horrible enough as it is. What was up with that accent?

He was great in Bright Star, which was a beautiful movie. His accent was Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 2001/12/2014

Rob was great until the writers went waaaaaay over the top. I too know someone just like that. So relentlessly positive. I also enjoyed his autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 2101/12/2014

He was meant to be a developing love interest for Amy Poehler in the awkward mode. The position Adam Scott is currently in. It was apparent there was no chemistry after the first couple of episodes. He had some heat at the time, and had memorably appeared in a small role as Rachel McAdams love interest in The Family Stone (I think that's the actor the producers thought they were getting.) They got an actor who viewed himself more along the lines of someone who does films like Bright Star (which he was oddly out of place in.) It did seem he shot himself in the foot with Parks and Rec, but some actors are simply not able to adapt or act their way around creative unhappiness.

by Anonymousreply 2201/12/2014

Who R19 Schneider or Lowe?

by Anonymousreply 2301/12/2014

In one of the directors commentaries it says the intention was to bring his character back after a one or two season absence.

by Anonymousreply 2401/12/2014

Does anyone remember a 2003 film Small Town Girl, where Paul S has a lengthy scene in wet tight whities? Kinda sexy as I remember.

by Anonymousreply 2501/12/2014

His deep thought quotes on IMDB:

[quote]Is it hard to hold on to this glass of water through a typhoon? It absolutely is.

He's a pretty mess who should keep his mouth shut at all times.

by Anonymousreply 2601/12/2014

Schneider at the P&R Paley Center cast interview:

by Anonymousreply 2711/01/2014

I read an interview with not so long ago where he hinted that his exit was an acrimonious, messy thing.

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2014

I've wondered about his departure as well, Amy P was just on Howard Stern the other day, but they didn't talk about him at all.

I don't even re-watch the first two seasons, so I can't remember, was he just gone at the beginning of season 3 with no explanation?

I used to get him and Ron Livingstone confused.

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.