Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Brenda Dickson?

She hardly goes to premiers anymore. Love that gal

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 12:24 AM

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2014 5:05 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Her cray-cray book is still $10 on Kindle. If it drops below $5 I'm on it.

My local library purchases just about every patron request, but I'd be embarrassed to ask them for this one.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2014 9:16 PM

The last Dickson thread here was quickly deleted. And it was after soap threads started being allowed again, so I have no idea why. For many of us, Dickson is more famous for her campy "Welcome To My Home" video than her soap work anyway.

Dickson is definitely in on the joke too. She originally meant her "Welcome" video seriously, but when it became popular on YouTube years later, she was happy to capitalize on her new camp fame by re-releasing it on dvd.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2014 10:55 PM

What's her status on her gay fans? I've searched, and I can't find anything about her ever mentioning them.

How did she get along with Thom Bierdz and Terry Lester?

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2014 10:47 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2014 2:41 AM

Jill's routine for the hunky Abbott gardener Bradley Carlton - sublime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2014 1:42 PM

Well, if this thread gets deleted, we can start a new one about Brendad Ickson.

I don't watch True Blood but there's an actress on it who looks like Brendad - I think she's on that fairytales show with Jennifer Goodwin as well.

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2014 2:29 PM

Is she that vagine girl?

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2014 2:39 PM

Brenda's latest video - "It's a DISGUSTING story!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Thank you for that, R10! Poor Brenda. I think if TMZ actually would have filmed her with a phone, they would have at least turned it sideways.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2014 4:37 PM

She should go back to red hair. I would love it if she played Jill again on Y&R (if Jess decided to retire from acting). Obviously with what Brenda's said about the Bells, that won't happen anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2014 4:44 PM

[quote]Dickson is definitely in on the joke too. She originally meant her "Welcome" video seriously, but when it became popular on YouTube years later, she was happy to capitalize on her new camp fame by re-releasing it on dvd.

Ur, no. Brendad is NEVER in on the joke.

If you read her hilariously crazy and unedited book, you will find that she attributes all the many millions to people who watched that video ("more than watched The Young and Restless!") to her undying star power.

She even claims that, by that cheesy vanity video, she "invented reality TV" and "interest in fashion."

That's right: No one had an interest in fashion until Brenda teleported to her IKEA closet.

In other words: She is a deluded, drunk narcissist.

She claims that the evil powers at Sony brought in "supposed comedienne" Deven Green to professionally voice-over her beloved videos, all part of a huge conspiracy to stop her from being the huge star her talent and looks would otherwise demand.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2014 4:53 PM

R10 That is hilarious!

That crazy has-been has to resort to pretending TMZ followed her to a fucking grocery store and filmed her with a flip phone by a vending machine!

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2014 4:58 PM

No Brendad thread would be complete without a link to the video she went on a rampage to have removed from the Internets:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2014 5:01 PM

Stop linking to that Deven Green tripe, Brenda Dickson doesn't need a mimic to be funny to watch in herself, as r10 demonstrates.

by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2014 5:15 PM

If she hadn't pissed off the Bells, maybe they could have mended fences and either given her back the role of Jill or the Sally Spectra role on Bold.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2014 5:19 PM

If you watch to the end of r10, the video does seem to be satirical (note the part where she's told to leave) - so it may either be Brenda's attempt at comedy (and in my opinion, it is funny) or some kind of Gloria Swanson parallel universe she chooses to live in. Either way, the woman is clearly fit to perform again - and if she's unemployable, I think she should pursue the youtube blog platform.

by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2014 5:24 PM

What I want to know is where did she get the red Mercedes?

by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2014 5:34 PM

r19 - she was left without money for food, but enough for a nice car.

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2014 5:38 PM

The Gloria Swanson reference isn't a bad one.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2014 5:43 PM

[quote] she was left without money for food

I don't see a problem there.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2014 5:54 PM

Brenda said in one of her crazy rants that she had to live off her mother.

I think her mother died, leaving Brenda a car and a condo in Century City.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2014 3:56 PM

[quote]Brenda Dickson doesn't need a mimic to be funny to watch in herself [what the hell ish thish words?], as [R10] demonstrates.

Clearly, you are Brenda's demographic: Old, bored people who will watch anything to avoid the tedium of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2014 4:01 PM

r24, wow - aren't you charming?

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2014 4:41 PM

Well HELLO R25. You ARE looking rather rough today.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2014 4:43 PM

Any Amy Winehouse fans here? You may enjoy this Jack/Jill video using one of her songs - good scenes between Brenda & Terry Lester:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2014 4:45 PM

R27: What is hilarious about watching a soap opera without the audio is how you realize that soap opera acting is just like that of silent movies: Everything is overemphasized with facial expressions.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2014 4:56 PM

Yes r28, and it's wonderful. I miss that lost art. Soaps have gone to hell because naturalism is the order of the day.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2014 5:07 PM

Looking at the video clip, I wonder why Brenda is blonde, she looks SO much better as a redhead!

The old soap acting IS wonderful, btw. I forgot how great these two were together! Oh how I miss old Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2014 5:23 PM

What a huuuuuuuuge VAGINE!!!

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 12:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!