Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What color does Meryl Streep look best wearing?

The Streep Troll (tm) has yet to request this, but I am sure he inevitably will since he has to talk about her obsessively 24/7, and since the one posters will necessarily fulfill his every request we might as well get this over with now.

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2014

beige. Reflects off of those gorgeous blues.

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

Gayest thread EVER!

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

Gold

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

BROWN OF COURSE!

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

Aqua, like the shirt in 'Death Becomes Her' when she goes to visit Lisa. I voted teal because it was the closest.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

Peach

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

Jesus, was she sporting a mullet when she won the Oscar for Sophie?

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2013

You know, Meryl used to be my favorite actress, but after this past year of reading about her non-stop on this site, I have no desire to see any of her movies again. That's how tiresome these threads are.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

"'Puce' is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been killed."

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013

Shit brown.

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

Lime green with touches of mauve.

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2013

I'd love to see her come to a big event in teal. Beautiful color for blondes!

Why does she wear so many neutrals, they don't do much for her.

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

Meryl doesn't seem very fashion conscious. Both she and Glenn looked beautiful at 2012 Oscars.

Meryl in gold, Glenn in green. (Insert your own joke.) It suited both of them.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2014

Meryl likes to wear gold because she likes being pissed on.

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2014

R14,

I was in gold(like my 3rd Oscar) while Glenn was green(with envy)

by Anonymousreply 1602/28/2014

This thread is useless without pictures.

by Anonymousreply 1702/28/2014

I agree with R3. Gold.

by Anonymousreply 1802/28/2014

I love that old picture of Meryl with that other actress who did not do so well. Can't remember her name but I hope she turned out okay.

I LOVED the purple dress Meryl wore the year she presented with Lily Tomlin. It had a plunging neck and her body was great (Prada skinny with just a touch of face work).

by Anonymousreply 1902/28/2014

She looks best in lavender.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2014

Teal

Gold

Silver

Most cool colors

She looked stunning in emerald in TDWP.

Teal Streep:

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2014

What did everyone think of Meryl's apron-cum-dress last night?

I thought she looked stunning!

Then again, I was totally drunk.

by Anonymousreply 2203/03/2014

"What did everyone think of Meryl's apron-cum-dress last night?"

Boring and unflattering. Made her look terribly thick around the middle.

If I'd loaned her the green polyester satin bathrobe I got in Chinatown, she would have looked a million times better.

by Anonymousreply 2303/03/2014

A sheer skin-tight body suit. I want to see nips like Lizas from her dammit.

by Anonymousreply 2403/03/2014

The only thing she'd look good in is a body bag.

by Anonymousreply 2503/03/2014

cerulean.

by Anonymousreply 2603/03/2014

[quote]'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

Meryl's timing is impeccable in that monologue.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2014

veils

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2014

I wonder if Meryl learnt anything from TDWP?

Her fashion sense might've improved slightly since then.

by Anonymousreply 2903/05/2014

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 3003/05/2014

I give Meryl a lot of credit for letting the PRADA gang transform her, body and soul for the movie, R29 (as she always does physically transform). But she reportedly hated the clothes, the makeup, the Spanx (!), and especially the heels, wearing them only for when cameras were actively rolling.

She's a strange actress. She loves disappearing into a role, but compared to many peers, she's never really enjoyed clothes or fashion. She appreciates costume. She reminds me of Bette Davis in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2014

I chose other. She looked perfect in white at 2010 oscars. Was hoping she would win just to see her posing with the oscar in that beautiful white gown but of course sandra bullock had to win. Best she has EVER looked at oscars.

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2014
Need more help? Click Here.