Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sean Eldridge, Husband of Facebook Co-Founder, Running for Congress

Feb 6, 2013

Sean Eldridge, an investor and the husband of Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, has filed paperwork establishing a campaign for New York’s 19th Congressional District seat in 2014.

Eldridge, who is a frequent donor to Democratic candidates and committees, has publicly backed President Barack Obama and hopes to unseat two-term Republican Chris Gibson. This November, Gibson won reelection by a margin of 53 percent to 47 percent. However, the district also favored Obama.

Eldridge is a politically active Democrat and the CEO and founder of Hudson River Ventures LLC, a small business investment fund located in New York’s Hudson Valley. He also serves as an adviser to Freedom to Marry, a campaign to win marriage equality nationwide.

The 26-year-old is married to entrepreneur Chris Hughes, who is both a co-founder of Facebook and the publisher of The New Republic magazine.

Bloomberg.com reported that Eldridge’s statement of organization, which created “Sean Eldridge for Congress,” accompanied by a statement of candidacy, was processed by the Federal Election Commission last week.

Born in 1986, if Eldridge wins the congressional seat, he’ll be just 27, making him one of the youngest members of Congress in 2014. Rep. Aaron Shock, a Republican from Illinois, was elected to his congressional seat when he was 27. He is now the youngest representative, at age 31.

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2014

This deserves a positive r1. Go Sean!

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

Sean Eldridge is nothing but a gay courtesan. All he does is find excuses to not work and spend Chris' money. You'd think he'd have the decency to find his own way instead of relying on hubby's megabucks. Chris Hughes should realize that he's not so unattractive that he'd be unable to rebound when he finally gets Sean's hands out of his wallet.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

He sure is a lazy mother fucker, hahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

Chris Hughes and Sean Eldridge.

I thought "As the World Turns" was canceled?

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

Wow. I went to college with him. Never knew he had political ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

This is could be very ugly for him. He and his husband just bought a house in Ulster county in order to be in the district. They really live in Putnam county. He'll be viewed as a total outsider. Anything can happen but this looks crazy to me.

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

I don't think he's going to be elected and I think he's a total grifter, spending Chris's money on everything. And Chris allows it. FOR NOW.

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

Just did a wikipedia search on him, he has an investment firm that focuses on Hudson Valley. And how did he get that investment firm? Why Chris' money of course.

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

As Chris becomes a big media player, his profile will rise and Sean will screw up by fucking some staffer.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

[quote]Wow. I went to college with him.

Was he out in those days?

by Anonymousreply 1002/07/2013

There's nothing as insipid as a bored housewife with delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

OP, you should have 'gay' in the title. No one will give a shit without it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/07/2013

R12, it mentions he's gay in the first paragraph by saying he is married to another man.

by Anonymousreply 1302/07/2013

Looking at pix of Chris and Sean, Sean has evil eyes that look like he's a scammer and Chris has those blank Asperger / Zuckerberg eyes. Chris has no idea how Sean is playing him for everything. Doubt he ever will, he doesn't look like he resides on earth at all.

by Anonymousreply 1402/07/2013

Did anyone else chuckle at his name being mentioned next to Aaron Schock's?:

"Born in 1986, if Eldridge wins the congressional seat, he’ll be just 27, making him one of the youngest members of Congress in 2014. Rep. Aaron Shock, a Republican from Illinois, was elected to his congressional seat when he was 27. He is now the youngest representative, at age 31."

by Anonymousreply 1502/07/2013

R10

By graduation, he was pretty much out, yes. He lived in a fancy apartment off-campus and hosted gay parties. Nice enough guy. But the public office thing? Never knew. But then, maybe I wouldn't; a buddy of mine was closer to him than I was.

by Anonymousreply 1602/07/2013

Interested that Sean had money then in college coming from more of a working class family. He must have had a sugar daddy then too.

by Anonymousreply 1702/07/2013

Being in the House, especially your first 6 years, is such a thankless and dull job. No one knows or cares who you are except your constituents (plus, 80% of constituents can't even name their House Rep) and you basically have to do what leadership says. Smart people like Judd/Hilary/Obama/Warren go straight to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 1802/07/2013

Sean's husband has a good deal of "Fuck You!" money, but not enough to knock off Kirsten Gillibrand or Chuck Schumer. Besides, Sean's too young for the Senate. The House is definitely more his speed.

by Anonymousreply 1902/07/2013

Thanks for the info, R16.

And he probably didn't talk about public office then because it seems to be a recent thing. Not everyone plans to be a politician from a young age - some fall into it later in life.

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

And some hit the jackpot and marry their very own $uperdonor.

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

[quote] Rep. Aaron Shock, a Republican from Illinois, was elected to his congressional seat when he was 27. He is now the youngest representative, at age 31.

No, that Patrick Murphy guy is, at 29. (Not the cute one from Pennsylvania, who was a pro-gay-marriage Afghan War vet; the new one with the jail photo from Florida, who beat teabagger Allen West)

Miss Schock is an eldergay!

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2013

Aside from a couple of well-deserved hit pieces, you hardly hear anything about Mrs. Chris Hughes' Quixotic quest to buy his way into Congress. Are any DLers in the district he wants to represent?

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.