Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In-N-Out Burger

Do they only hire white people under 25? Seriously.

Wondering if the company owners are racist and ageist.

by Anonymousreply 186April 18, 2021 2:13 PM

I think Lady Gaga has the same employment policy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2013 11:02 PM

McDonald's only hires black people, so it balances out.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2013 11:04 PM

The one near us has mostly hispanic workers. I don't think you can generalize.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2013 11:06 PM

I've seen black and Hispanic workers at two locations. Can't remember about Asians. And I would hope their workforce is under 25 for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2013 11:09 PM

Dish, R1, about Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2013 11:14 PM

I've noticed the same thing OP, it's ridiculous. The second they are called out on it though they'll deny it of course!

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2013 11:15 PM

OP--so, in your idle time, you let your mind wander--and this is what you wonder about? The ethnicity of a fast-food chain's employees? I suggest that you get a hobby, or read a good book. I can't believe the shit I read on this site sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2013 11:22 PM

If the ethnic breakdown isn't somewhat close to that of the surrouding areas then, yeah, that company is most likely racist.

At my company all the people in middle managment and up are white. And I live in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2013 11:23 PM

KFC hires Indians.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2013 11:28 PM

Bojangles loves Black employees.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2013 11:29 PM

Dunkin' Donuts prefers only native Dravidian-speakers

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2013 11:33 PM

[quote] Do they only hire white people under 25?

In addition to being viciously antigay and printing Bible verses on the bags?

And the manorexic DL poster saying "ew, only obese people eat burgers" in 5...4...3...

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Link for the "viciously anti-gay"?

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2013 11:44 PM

And they're one of the only fast-food places that does not franchise. All of their locations are company-owned, so you can blame any of their policies directly on In-N-Out, not on some random franchisee.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2013 12:09 AM

Never been to an In'N'Out Burger, but fast-food wise:

Lived in San Francisco 20 years, NEVER saw a white person working the registers at a McD's. Never saw a black person either. Everyone looked under 25. Hispanics and Asians. The occasional white manager.

BUT: traveling across the country, I started seeing white people of all ages working in McD's, starting at Utah, east (other than in NYC.) Demographics, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2013 12:11 AM

I live in an area where the population is about 55% white or pass for white, about 40% black or pass for black, and about 5% assorted other. McD, KFC, PizzaHut, & Sonic is about all that is left here, and the employees of all three are mostly black. My guesstimate would be 90% black. The franchise owners are white except at the Pizzahut.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2013 12:30 AM

Who works at Church's Chicken?

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2013 5:50 PM

They only hire kids with 3.5 GPA or higher.

seriously

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2013 5:53 PM

Their staff is always great there. I'm sure there's no correlation

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2013 5:56 PM

Does Church's actually HAVE any white patrons, let alone staff?

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2013 6:01 PM

who cares? those burgers are so ridiculously good.

Wonder if the cows were muslim or christian? hindu clearly not.

why don't they open one in london?

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2013 6:08 PM

In n out is addressing this issue by opening an extra drive through for its black patrons. The extra drive through will be manned by elderly black persons.

I don't know what the Catholic Church is going to do about all the white apostles, but I know they will correct the facts accordingly.

I've heard the revisions will identify Mary as the daughter of an unwed single mother and show Mary with her son shopping with food stamps on market day in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2013 6:17 PM

the one in vegas near the target they are all hispanic - Bojangiles hires sassy black mamma's to add some spice to their service.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Lady Gaga has stated she refuses to deal with people over 25.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2013 8:05 PM

Hardees is better

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2013 1:13 AM

Bojangles hires homothugs

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2013 1:14 AM

The one on Sunset down from the Ralph's has an all Hispanic staff.

I went to Maine last summer for a wedding. We went to McDonald's for breakfast. The entire staff was white.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2013 1:17 AM

In suburban Connecticut most fast food places like McDonalds and retail like grocery stores, Walgreens, CVS etc. are staffed almost entirely by white teenagers. When my friends from NYC come to visit, they cannot get over it.

"It was all white kids working in there! That is unbelievable!"

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2013 3:24 AM

In my area, it's all hispanics and blacks working at Taco Bell, KFC, Burger King, McDonald's, Jack and the Box, and Wendy's. But at In N Out and 5 Guys in the same area, it's all white people.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2013 4:17 AM

Who cares the food is shit.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2013 1:26 PM

How come you only see asians at Chineese Restaurants? RACISTS>

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2013 12:46 PM

The one here in Yuba City, CA has white, black, and Asians working there. Don't get your panties in a wod OP! The more important thing is that all fast food chains are non-union so ALL employees are under paided and overworked and treated like worker bees regardless of race! Capitalism at it's best!

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2013 3:57 PM

[quote]How come you only see asians at Chineese Restaurants? RACISTS>

What are you talking about? I always have white waiters at the Chinese restaurants I go to. My local PF Chang's even has a black host.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2013 5:15 PM

They need to come East.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2013 5:42 PM

Whataburger is okay, not great.

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2013 11:29 PM

This is Datalounge working the lunch shift at In-N-Out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2013 11:42 PM

OP, please stop this anecdotal and groundless complaining.

it's In-N-Out Burger, not In-N-Out Chicken, Nails and Weaves with Attached Women's Shelter, Free Clinic and Daycare for Teen Mothers.

I hate the kind of ingrained racism the OP demonstrates.

by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2013 11:48 PM

In-N-Out has a reputation of paying higher wages than most fast-food places. And the managers can make really big bucks (like six figures.)

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2013 11:54 PM

R11 I did some secretary temping at the corporate offices of Dunkin Donuts in California. I was the only Caucasian there. All the managers, supervisiors, and regional VP's were black. And all were lovely, most times as a temp you are treated like shit, but they were kind and professional. I didn't want to go - I was replacing someone on maternity leave. They gave me flowers on my last day. I'll never forget them.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2013 11:55 PM

R39 Why on earth would Dunkin Donuts have corporate offices in California when they don't even have any stores here?

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2013 11:58 PM

Lived in CA for 10 years. Never understood the love for In-N-Out. It is a completely average fast food burger place. And the bible verses on every wrapper are revolting.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2013 12:18 AM

Five Guys and Fries is usually nigs.

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2013 12:43 AM

[quote] Why on earth would Dunkin Donuts have corporate offices in California when they don't even have any stores here?

Because the company who owns Dunkin' Donuts, along with Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream , is located in California.

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2013 1:04 AM

I have a funny In-N-Out Burger story involving race. I was recently at one of the San Fran locations around lunch time. The place was a total zoo. I was waiting patiently; my order was number 87 and they were only on 45. While waiting to hear my number come up, this Indian guy comes up to the counter where the staff is passing out completed orders and says that he has a problem with his burger.

The woman working the counter proceeds to ask him, "What is the problem?" They go back and forth and back and forth. The entire distribution of completed orders is backing up. Essentially this moron had ordered a burger with cheese without the burger because he was vegetarian. He was upset that he had gotten a burger with his burger order. The woman working the counter couldn't comprehend that this idiot did not actually want a burger at In-N-Out.

This scene could not have been scripted. It was hysterical except for the fact that this went on for about 10 minutes.

Why can't these people eat where they work????

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2013 1:11 AM

R32, one hopes, is working at that fast food place, because the seven English errors in her post make one assume she is not competent for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2013 6:53 PM

R46, yeah because we know blacks are not conservative christians in their voting

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2013 7:43 PM

Remember when Mary Jo had to work at Burger Guy?

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2013 7:46 PM

The staff is always friendly and speedy.

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2013 9:43 PM

Best burger

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2013 4:00 AM

[quote]Do they only hire white people under 25? Seriously.

Yes. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2013 4:22 AM

I want to try Checkers burgers now.

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2013 10:40 PM

better than Whataburger

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2013 5:32 PM

they need to come East

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2014 5:18 PM

Once I saw a Bible scripture citation on my cup, I thought, "Never again, bitches."

by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2014 5:21 PM

I can't believe all this paranoia about discrimination.

We are an equal-opportunity exploiter, we assure you.

by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2014 5:23 PM

really, r55? That is the reason I and many other keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2014 2:36 AM

I'll be the In and Out troll. The chain is currently OWNED by a nice, smart, low key young half Hispanic woman. She is the granddaughter of the widow of the founder. The founder died, his wife ran the chain, they had sons but they died kind of young.

In and Out insists on freshness and quality and they control the quality. So far they are only in California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas. It is unknown if they will go further east due to the quality control and quality of meat.

They pay their workers very well and train them to be efficient and polite. I have lived outside of L.A. for abut 8 years and have patronized In and Outs all over CA. Whites, black, Hispanics, Oriental people. The one in Hollywood is mostly Hispanic; in Westwood, Hispanic and Oriental workers. LAX location has many black workers.

The food is usually good, but like all fast food, not especially good for you, so I try to limit it to once or twice a month. Sometimes the fries seem undercooked. If you don't like something, they will replace it. They want satisfied customers.

So if you travel around California, you will see many different ethnicities working.

If they do go East, they will run McDonalds and Wendys out of business. Any one you go to in California, no matter what time of day, is jammed.

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2014 2:51 AM

R57, you're visiting the wrong website.

As long as you're here, please explain why bible verses bring you back to a restaurant rather than food or service?

Can't you read a bible anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2014 2:52 AM

They will never be able to expand much unless they decide to franchise. It's quite expensive to own and operate all of your own stores. No other large fast-food chain does it.

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2014 2:56 AM

In N Out troll again.

I never even noticed the Bible verses! There must be a reason for it. Someone wrote a book about the company about 3 years ago, if you want to look it up. I don't think the company is crazy born agains.

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2014 2:57 AM

Where are the Sikhs employed?

by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2014 3:12 AM

A few corrections to [R61]

It is owned by a granddaughter of the founding family, but she is married to a man with a Hispanic name. I don't think she is half Hispanic, unless her mother was.

The so called Christian verses on some of the drink cups are subtly hidden on the bottom of the cups and just say Luke 3:16 or whatever. The verses are not printed out. The chain is not anti-gay. Someone started printing the verse in 1987, and the company has been around since the 40s.

They also have some locations in Utah.

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2014 4:05 AM

Shake Shack is better

by Anonymousreply 63July 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Orientals? Really?

by Anonymousreply 64July 6, 2014 7:31 PM

Get over it R64, my Asian furniture is arriving today and I need the Orientals to unpack it.

As soon as you stop calling white people "round eyes" we will stop calling you Oriental.

by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2014 7:41 PM

Ornamentals?

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2014 7:43 PM

In and Out Burger is Baby Frau Chow. Their burgers are the worst. Thin mealy cardboard. the only reason its popular is because high school kids eat there in stead of McDonald's then rate it 5 stars on Yelp.

Kids that age do not know good food, they just know cheap and hang outs.

Spare me the "so fresh made to order" crap. That is a marketing tag line you silly girls.

My dog just took a hot steamy crap on the lawn, its fresh too. Or is that the IN.... and.... OUT burger really means.

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2014 7:47 PM

I don't get the Whataburger love. It must be the government programming. Their buns always taste bland and stale to me. And the meat is just okay.

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2014 8:14 PM

[quote]Where are the Sikhs employed?

There is a large Sikh community near where I live. They are successful entrepreneurs and own many businesses. No way they would work in fast food restaurants that sell food they wouldn't eat.

by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2014 10:14 PM

[quote]My dog just took a hot steamy crap on the lawn, its fresh too.

I know I shouldn't admit it, but I sort of laughed at this.

Yes...now I'm laughing properly. Hahahahha.

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2014 10:24 PM

Driving up and down CA-99 in California's San Joaquin Valley, I see a lot of businesses and billboards that feature Sikhs (at least I assume they're Sikhs, because they're wearing turbans and are clearly South Asian.) Also businesses with signage in some South Asian alphabet.

So I would guess there must be a sizable Sikh population there. Farmers?

by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2014 10:28 PM

[quote]Where are the Sikhs employed?

They own all the Dollar Stores, and those stores in strip malls that sell lottery tickets, smokes, mags, snacks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 72July 6, 2014 11:07 PM

Oh!

Also, the Sikhs are driving the cabs, duh!

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2014 11:08 PM

They also own the three major security companies in our city.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2014 11:14 PM

Why dont they come East?

by Anonymousreply 75July 11, 2014 12:48 PM

d

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2014 3:42 PM

The Bible verses are to commemorate the passing of one of the founders' sons/grandsons who died in a plane crash. They don't have some crazy fundie company culture like Chick Fil A.

Oh, and OP's premise is dumb. I've worked at 3 different stores up and down CA while in high school/college and I had openly gay managers, Latino/Black/White/Asian managers. Like Costco, In N Out is one of the last few companies where you can start a few bucks above minimum wage and work your way up to a six figure salary.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2014 4:00 PM

The fries are lackluster. McDonald's and Wendy's fries are far superior.

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2014 12:53 AM

They require a 3.5 GPA

Should be 90% Asian, but Asians DO NOT work in fast food.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2014 1:04 AM

[quote]The Bible verses are to commemorate the passing of one of the founders' sons/grandsons who died in a plane crash.

Not true. They've had Bible verses for many years (probably since Day One), well before the plane crash. Ditto Alaska Airlines and their prayer cards (back when there used to be meals.)

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2014 4:02 AM

R75 They cannot expand quickly like the other major chains because they refuse to franchise. All of their outlets are company-owned.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2014 4:03 AM

Church's has awesome okra.

by Anonymousreply 82September 13, 2014 2:19 PM

Who really eats that shit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 83September 13, 2014 2:23 PM

R80, I once made an hour-long phone call to Alaskan Airlines to complain about their bible verses; I kept getting passed from person to person. This was right after 2001 and people seemed to think I was nuts for complaining; "What kind of person *wouldn't* want a bible verse with their food?!"

I haven't been home (Alaska, as it happens) for some years, so don't know whether AA still serve up Christian bible verses.

I've also complained at Greyhound, as they used to have tracts of religious "literature" at the ticket office. I'm not a born-again atheist; I'm not even an atheist. I however believe strongly in secular services and boycott on a personal level only right-wing/fundie outlets such as In-and-Out, Chick-Fil-A (never been), Nestlé (for general, not Christian, evilness), Dominos and Papa John's. Coors, on the other hand, has cleaned up their act.

by Anonymousreply 84September 13, 2014 2:55 PM

Fast food places in Canada are pretty well all staffed by Filipinas now. TFWs - temporary foreign workers. If they complain they get shipped back.

by Anonymousreply 85September 13, 2014 4:36 PM

While the California chain offers a starting wage of $10.50 per hour, Whataburger employees usually start at minimum wage with opportunities to move up.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2014 2:48 PM

When In-N-Out first came to Texas in 2011, they had to open a new patty-making facility in Dallas so they could continue to control quality and delivery. The Dallas facility's supplier is located in Hereford, Texas, and sources cattle from the surrounding areas in Texas and the Southwest.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2014 2:48 PM

In-N-Out only serves burgers, fries and drinks, while Whataburger also features several chicken items as well as a breakfast menu. For the original Whataburger alone, there are 36,864 different order combinations.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2014 2:48 PM

In-N-Out is open from 10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. (1:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday). Most Whataburger restaurants are open 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2014 2:49 PM

d

by Anonymousreply 90September 23, 2014 3:31 PM

I bet any of the gay people who work here are deeper in the closet than a box of Christmas ornaments. But their food is a cut above the usual fast food crap.

by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2014 3:36 PM

I think your teachers were under paided, R32, but I bet they were unionized.

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2014 3:50 PM

[quote]I think your teachers were under paided, [R32]

I know your teachers were overpaid, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2014 3:54 PM

OP: Why would white people over 25 WANT to work at fast food, is MY question...

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2014 4:26 PM

R94 From what I understand, In-N-Out pays pretty well, and if you move up in the ranks, you can make big bucks. Remember that all of their stores are company-owned, so you're not dealing with some asshole franchise guy, but the corporate HQ, which also means you can move around within the company.

by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2014 4:57 PM

In-N-Out Burger, known for its high-quality, fresh foods, now operates more than 280 restaurants in California, Utah, Texas, Arizona and Nevada and employs more than 16,000 people.

To maintain the fresh quality of the food, In-N-Out will only open new restaurants that are within a day’s haul from distribution centers in Dallas, Texas; Phoenix, Ariz.; Los Angeles, Calif.; or Draper, Utah.

by Anonymousreply 96October 27, 2014 2:19 AM

In N Out Burger is a christian owned company. Next time you order a drink, look at the bottom of the cup and you will see a printed scripture. Truth!

by Anonymousreply 97October 28, 2014 4:05 AM

R97 See R62.

by Anonymousreply 98October 28, 2014 4:13 AM

OP = colored

by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2014 4:15 AM

r97, that is partly why I support them. I love the Bible quotes.

by Anonymousreply 100October 28, 2014 1:45 PM

They need to come East

by Anonymousreply 101November 30, 2014 4:02 PM

Smashburger is better

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2015 10:26 PM

IF THEY MAINTAIN THE QUALITY, they DO need to come east.

McDonald's--yuck. Wendy's--too salty and uncooked. Five Guys--expensive, salty, greasy. Burger King--the only decent fast food burger.

Yes, I know it's bad for you. I only have one every month or two.

by Anonymousreply 103January 14, 2015 1:57 AM

R102 Apples and oranges. Smashburger has a much larger menu and is far more expensive than In-N-Out.

by Anonymousreply 104January 14, 2015 2:08 AM

Another fatties thread

by Anonymousreply 105January 14, 2015 2:10 AM

I saw a Mexican working one time cleaning the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 106January 14, 2015 2:39 AM

How did you know he is Mexican?

by Anonymousreply 107January 14, 2015 2:45 AM

It's California, it's an educated guess.

by Anonymousreply 108January 14, 2015 7:04 AM

The 32 year owner has been married 4 times. 2 of her husbands were Hispanic, so she apparently doesn't have an issue with Hispanic people. If only her love life were as good as her burgers, she'd be in perpetual marital bliss.

by Anonymousreply 109January 14, 2015 7:19 AM

They are in the East

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 14, 2015 7:31 AM

Oh and apparently there was one in Chinatown, NYC, but it closed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 14, 2015 7:32 AM

In-N-Out = Chick-fil-a

by Anonymousreply 112January 14, 2015 1:13 PM

Describe Smashburgers

by Anonymousreply 113January 14, 2015 1:46 PM

R110 R111 There have never been any In-N-Outs in the east. They only have locations within a certain distance from their distribution centers. And they don't franchise.

The ones you linked to are either fake or errors.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2015 4:12 PM

R114

I don't know nothing about that. I looked, those came up, end of story as far as one is concerned. Have no interest either way.

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2015 4:20 PM

What R62 said.

THERE ARE NO BIBLE VERSUS on In-N-Out cups. They are book numbers, printed in mouse type on the inside bottom rim of the cup.

And their burgers are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2015 4:28 PM

R116, you are talking out of your ass.

Please see Snopes link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2015 5:08 PM

R117 You're the idiot. Here is a picture. As R116 said, they're BOOK NUMBERS (citations) from the Bible, not the actual VERSES. Learn to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Those are not called Book Numbers. I'm hardly an idiot. I know how to describe things properly.

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2015 5:17 PM

The BOOK OF JOHN, R119. VERSE NUMBER 3:16

Hence, book number.

Obviously, English is your second language.

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2015 6:33 PM

Nobody has ever called it a book number. Ever.

Ever.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2015 6:37 PM

I live in LA and every person working in every fast food restaurant I go to is a minority. But at In-N-Out, EVERYONE is white. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2015 6:43 PM

"No," cried I, as the homosexual advanced on my sleeping child.

"Don't molest him, let him grow up to be normal," cried I, as I struggled to break free of the rope.

"Blah, blah, blah," said the flaming pervert as he minced over to the child, determined that his perversion would survive into another generation.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2015 6:44 PM

R122 Then you haven't been to very many In-N-Outs.

by Anonymousreply 124January 14, 2015 6:46 PM

R121 I think R116 did.

by Anonymousreply 125January 14, 2015 6:46 PM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 126January 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Who'd want to rape your ugly little brats, R123?

by Anonymousreply 127January 14, 2015 7:31 PM

Last 2 times I went to In-N-Out, I got dry, tough burgers. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 128January 14, 2015 7:39 PM

They must have a magic flavor-sucker attached to their french fry machines. I've watched them cut fresh fries for my order, cook them, and serve them still hot, but they still manage to be tasteless and have a weird texture. It's frustrating, because I really want to like them.

by Anonymousreply 129January 14, 2015 7:47 PM

I also think the fries are super bland, but you described the problem, R129.

[quote]I've watched them cut fresh fries for my order, cook them, and serve them still hot,

It sounds like they go straight to the fryer without any sort of seasoning or treatment. Aren't fries supposed to be soaked in salt water beforehand?

by Anonymousreply 130January 14, 2015 7:57 PM

3:16 is just the time the owner got plowed by a john.

by Anonymousreply 131January 14, 2015 8:38 PM

They're one of the few fast-food places that doesn't do anything frozen.

by Anonymousreply 132January 14, 2015 9:14 PM

Don't know which locations posters claim to see "only" white workers, but looking at their hiring page see mixtures of what seem to be Hispanic/Latino, Asian, and one Black. Fair enough Latino/Hispanic can be "white" but going by these posts thought the place was full of pasty White kids.

In and Out seems to pay a bit above minimum wage and have a decent benefit package. That alone means unlike your local Mickey D's they probably attract a better pool of applicants.

Also it is usually normal when benefits/wages rise with a position so do the qualifications. You can come straight out of JuVee, jail or prison and get a job at MacDonald's, it looks as if In and Out is a bit more picky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 15, 2015 12:23 AM

As has been mentioned several times, In-N-Out doesn't franchise, so all of the people that work there are corporate employees.

McDonald's hiring policies would be the responsibility of the individual franchisee, not McDonald's (other than at their corporate-owned stores.)

by Anonymousreply 134January 15, 2015 1:33 AM

Try the fries double cooked (check the name on their website). Crunchy, browner, better.

by Anonymousreply 135January 15, 2015 2:02 AM

In-N-Out demands a very high level of service from their employees. Enthusiastic, fast, friendly, "service with a smile", "customer is always right", etc. They have to keep this level up all day, and In-N-Out is always extremely busy, so much so that workers have to go outside with a clipboard to take drive-thru orders. I've been to some less-demanding fast food places, and the workers' (often minorities) attitudes range from sullen/bored to downright rude. When it gets really busy, that's when they decide to take their break or leave the window for some reason. The kids (managers included) who get hired by McDonalds are undisciplined and don't seem to grasp the concept of "customer service".

by Anonymousreply 136January 15, 2015 2:14 AM

Thank you for your "brown ones are lazy" explanation, R136.

We're as thrilled, as I'm sure In-N-Out reps are, holding clipboards at the ready, trying to weed out the worst brownish insubordinate types in their kitchen lines even as we speak.

But what about that cunt housefrau who didn't wash her hands when she left the john, but felt uncomfortably damp when she wiped herself off on the napkin, ketchup and condiment dispensers in your lobby? Should the brownish helpers have just bowed and say "Madam?"

Please explain the more sanitary nature of her digits that have been probing inside the folds of her cunt, picking out disused, mashed up, logged toilet paper and why it's OK for us (and the brownish helpers) to deal with it.

Please tell us. What are your favorite fast food burger franchises? White Castle, perhaps? Hold the onions and the cheese, but please, oh please, let the holes be just as large for the fry cooks to add their extra topping.

by Anonymousreply 137January 15, 2015 2:48 AM

Brown ones aren't lazy at all. They carried my grand piano all the way to the third floor.

On topic, In-N-Out burgers are overrated.

by Anonymousreply 138January 15, 2015 3:29 AM

You're not funny because you forgot to sign yourself. Liza ain't going to cut it. Who else might you have forgotten to be?

by Anonymousreply 139January 15, 2015 3:39 AM

It all balances out, OP.

by Anonymousreply 140January 15, 2015 3:55 AM

We called them numbers at Miss Sheree's Vacation Bible School in Oklahoma. Glory!

by Anonymousreply 141January 15, 2015 3:58 AM

In N out is a religious oriented company. They are pretty low key about it, but if you look at the bottom of their drink cups, there's a bible verse stamped on the bottom ring. They're pretty decent people, I have no interest in any religious stuff, but In N Out doesn't push it.

by Anonymousreply 142January 15, 2015 4:03 AM

The staff at the In-n-Out near me is pretty diverse. Most other fast food places in LA proper seem to be all non-white staff, or nearly so.

The "double cooked" fries are actually called fries well done.

Here is my standard In-n-Out order when I am hungry and don't care about calories. It is happiness:

Double double animal style, extra toast

Fries well done

Neopolitan shake

by Anonymousreply 143January 15, 2015 4:51 AM

They could decorate their wrappers with pictures of Palin and Bachmann bumping pussy animal style, and their burgers would still be unbelievably good.

by Anonymousreply 144January 15, 2015 5:05 AM

This is the most-requested, go-to meal for when my nephews & nieces visit from out of state.

by Anonymousreply 145January 15, 2015 5:16 AM

R142, once again, there is no bible verse on In-N-Out cups.

See R118. That is NOT a verse.

by Anonymousreply 146January 15, 2015 5:45 AM

Too bad their food isn't up to their level of service.

The one good thing they had - the banana shake - is gone, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 147January 15, 2015 5:58 AM

Their shakes are gross. Tastes like xanham gum.

by Anonymousreply 148January 15, 2015 7:08 AM

I can't believe people actually request to try In-N-Out burgers when they come to California, because they can probably get much better burgers where they live. Colorado, for one, has better-tasting beef than California and the burgers in Colorado are outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 149January 15, 2015 7:34 PM

California is the birth-place of the fast-food, drive-through cheeseburger. Can't say I've had better fast-food burgers anywhere else...

by Anonymousreply 150January 15, 2015 7:43 PM

You haven't lived until you try this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2015 3:21 AM

Bible verse references on cups and french fry bags and In N out confirm this as true.

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2015 6:06 PM

What is "this," R152?

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2015 6:27 PM

Beats me. We don't have In and Out Burgers here.

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2015 6:44 PM

Or whatever the fuck they're called.

by Anonymousreply 155January 16, 2015 6:46 PM

[quote]What is "this," [R152]?

The fact that religious conservatives own it. Too bad, their stuff is consistently better than McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, and most of the big fast food burger chains.

by Anonymousreply 156January 16, 2015 6:48 PM

Are the current Snyders really [italic]that[/italic] religious or conservative? I mean Lynsi is barely into her thirties and has already had four husbands and overlapping relationships. Her father was an addict who died of a drug overdose and he wasn't involved with the company when they began to print the bible references.

It could be a bad business move to remove them. I suspect most people don't even know that they're there, but if the company were to cease printing them, I can see some idiot Christians raising a ruckus. It would be bad publicity.

by Anonymousreply 157January 16, 2015 7:11 PM

The powers of an In-N-Out Double Double burger are strong. According to a survey by the job community website Glassdoor, In-N-Out is a better place to at work than Apple, and even Facebook. lRelated Trader Joe's is selling Sriracha bacon jerky

Daily Dish Trader Joe's is selling Sriracha bacon jerky

See all related 8

The burger chain came in at No. 8 on the website's annual list of the 50 best places to work in the U.S. and the U.K. Texas grocery store chain H.E.B. was listed as No. 7.

Glassdoor used data from its site's employee reviews for the list.

An In-N-Out employee who has worked with the company for more than eight years wrote: "Great first job. Upbeat atmosphere where time flies and you feel like you are hanging with friends."

Facebook came in at No. 13, Southwest Airlines at No. 15 and Apple was No. 22.

And in case you're wondering, Google — with its gourmet cafes and chefs — was No. 1.

by Anonymousreply 158January 26, 2015 5:01 PM

Their fries are only good if you get them well-done and animal style. But I really don't think animal style is worth more than double the price of regular fries. It goes from $1.20 to $3.65 just for some cheese, onions, and sauce.

by Anonymousreply 159January 27, 2015 11:28 AM

It is sacrilege.

by Anonymousreply 160January 27, 2015 11:50 AM

Is it owned by Mormons?

by Anonymousreply 161January 27, 2015 12:39 PM

No, but still twat-owned.

Or so I've read.

I'm live nowhere near one of them, and as such, do not retain any pertinent information regarding that particular public trough of nearly digestible comestibles.

by Anonymousreply 162January 27, 2015 12:45 PM

The one by my place opens at 9 and my fat fuck boss always has one before work. Her office always smells like the sauce the rest of the day. It's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 163January 27, 2015 6:08 PM

People try comparing In N' Out to Five Guys or Shake Shack, but they forget that In n' Out is the original and still costs only half or a fraction of those other burgers.

by Anonymousreply 164January 27, 2015 6:11 PM

by Anonymousreply 165January 27, 2015 6:12 PM

I have no idea how much Five Guys or Shake Shack charge, but in my town a comparable cheese burger at a local chain is $4.50 and nearly $6 at an independent burger joint and their tomato and lettuce are usually sparse. $2.15 at In-n-Out.

by Anonymousreply 166January 27, 2015 7:36 PM

LA has seen the proliferation of fancy, gourmet burgers over the last 10 years or so (Umami Burger, The Fix, etc.) but In-n-Out is still king.

by Anonymousreply 167January 28, 2015 3:27 AM

In-N-Out is gross.

by Anonymousreply 168January 28, 2015 3:31 AM

To correct myself from R166. The cheese burger is actually $2.65 (the other prices are. What's really amusing in our city is that In-N-Out is located right next to Chik-Fil-A (or however it's written). The burger joint's drive thru line is nearly out to the street with workers taking orders on an iPad. The chicken place's line was probably a fourth to a half its size.

by Anonymousreply 169January 29, 2015 2:13 AM

their fries are lackluster

by Anonymousreply 170April 27, 2015 3:53 PM

It is hard to beat Shake Shack.

by Anonymousreply 171June 3, 2015 1:40 PM

No, they don't hire only white people under 25:

Killing of In-N-Out Burger worker stuns friends and family; police hunt for killer

Family and friends expressed shock and anger after a longtime In-N-Out Burger employee in La Mirada was found shot to death in the restaurant's parking lot early Friday morning.

They said that the woman was one of the original employees of the La Mirada restaurant and that her husband worked at an In-N-Out in Orange County.

Just before 5 a.m., sheriff's deputies responded to a call of an unresponsive woman near the In-N-Out restaurant in the 14300 block of Firestone Boulevard, said Deputy Guillermina Saldana, spokeswoman of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies found the woman dead from a gunshot wound to the upper torso. She was wearing her In-N-Out Burger uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 27, 2016 11:32 PM

In-N-Out has declined dramatically in quality control. The last 2 times I went there I got dry, tough burgers. It's dead as far as being a reliable choice. There are far better options now, though more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 173March 2, 2016 6:30 PM

I think 5 Guys makes the best burger. I wish they would offer red onion, I love a thin slice of red.

by Anonymousreply 174March 2, 2016 7:45 PM

LONDON (KABC) -- Burger lovers in London discovered what a long wait was all about on Wednesday, when the wildly popular In-N-Out fast-food chain opened a pop-up store and a seemingly endless stream of customers lined up outside.

Eager to indulge in the staple of West Coast cuisine, the famished Londoners stood in the queue for hours before ordering such favorites as double-doubles with grilled onions and animal style french fries.

A passing motorist recorded a video of the interminable line, which formed on a sidewalk and -- naturally -- made its way past one of the city's signature red double-decker buses.

The pop-up restaurant was open for a mere four hours.

It is unclear whether the Irvine-based company plans to open a permanent location in the British capital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 24, 2016 5:02 PM

GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Shake Shack launched its second California restaurant with the grand opening of its Glendale location on Friday.

The newest burger stand is located at 252 S. Brand Blvd., across from The Americana at Brand.

The popular New York-based burger restaurant opened its first California location at the corner of Santa Monica Boulevard and West Knoll Drive in West Hollywood back in March.

Shake Shack is known for their smashed burgers, fried chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, shakes, crinkle-cut fries and dog-friendly treats.

The chain has developed a cult-like following since it first opened in New York City's Madison Square Park more than a decade ago.

Shake Shack said its Glendale location will donate 5 percent of sales from its Invictus concrete - which features vanilla custard, Compartes Coney Island chocolate chunks, salted caramel sauce and crumbled sugar cone cookie - to Ascencia, a nonprofit that is helping to end homelessness in Glendale.

Shake Shack plans to open a third Southern California location in downtown Los Angeles in 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 24, 2016 5:04 PM

Lots of non whites work at the In n Outs here in the Dallas area

by Anonymousreply 177September 24, 2016 5:07 PM
by Anonymousreply 178September 25, 2016 12:04 AM

It nice to know that Dlers are racial profiling their local fast food haunts. This is just so petty, racist and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 179September 25, 2016 12:09 AM

Isn't it r179? So awful. It's heartbreaking. But the oppressed can become the oppressors. This is why minorities rag on each other.

by Anonymousreply 180September 25, 2016 12:29 AM

DL is discussing things -- we are not trying to formulate policy, as we see with the Victim Cultures

by Anonymousreply 181September 25, 2016 12:53 AM

Acknowledging reality is now "petty, racist, depressing" and "awful and heartbreaking."

Only on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 182September 25, 2016 1:54 AM

No, you just racist, coz youse laze

by Anonymousreply 183April 18, 2021 12:20 PM

The only thing that make In-n Out burger decent is the tomato, lettuce and sugary bun. Other than that, it's not exceptional. The fries are the worst; limp, soggy and tasteless.

There was a somewhat interesting story a few years ago about a man finding a fresh In-n-Out burger on a NY sidewalk walk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 18, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote] Do they only hire white people under 25? Seriously.

Why, 0P? Are you looking for a date?

by Anonymousreply 185April 18, 2021 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!