Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What were some of the most memorable threads on Datalounge?

I remember one about a father who was punishing his daughter over a can of frosting.

by Anonymousreply 13907/04/2014

Possom in a drawer.

Bread in the fridge.

I missed the red dragon cheese/deli story but read it in the last two "most memorable threads" threads.

by Anonymousreply 112/21/2012

NOT WITHOUT MY FROSTING!

by Anonymousreply 212/21/2012

Danny/Denny and his suitcase visit NYC

Azmodeus the possessed lesbian

Once Around the Garden

Unfortunately, all three were posted by the same troll who later confessed to his doings...

by Anonymousreply 312/21/2012

Having sex with Falco

by Anonymousreply 412/21/2012

Shit Bra

by Anonymousreply 512/21/2012

Turkey meatballs and two towels - I'm not running a bed and breakfast here.

by Anonymousreply 612/21/2012

Fucking newbies.

by Anonymousreply 712/21/2012

The last "What were some of the most memorable Datalounge threads?" thread, which was started two weeks ago, apparently wasn't that memorable.

by Anonymousreply 812/21/2012

What was bread in the fridge?

by Anonymousreply 912/21/2012

Let's Roll Cinnamon Rolls!

My Neighbor is a Gargoyle (complete with video)

My landlord is spying on me and I'm going to sneak into his house and find the evidence (posted in real-time segments)

DataLoungeLand

And of course, the queen thread of them all: Dialing The Phone With A Pencil.

by Anonymousreply 1012/21/2012

"Dialing the phone with a pencil" was too darn cute.

by Anonymousreply 1112/21/2012

Also I loved the "I found one of Mindy Cohn's old braziers in the laundromat and I love to beat off while sniffing it" was a good one.

by Anonymousreply 1212/21/2012

"Horrific childhood TV viewing experiences that warped you."

by Anonymousreply 1312/21/2012

Crabwalking.

I would love it if that could be bumped up again. It was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 1412/21/2012

r9, it started as a question about the best way to store bread. Then the kitchen kweens chimed in and told OP what an unwashed heathen he was, should turn in his gay card right now, etc.

It was actually informative; apparently we have a few bakers here who explained the technical reason why the OP was wrong to refrigerate it.

The soda box in the fridge was another similar thread that cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 1512/22/2012

Midget Etiquette

by Anonymousreply 1612/22/2012

[quote]The last "What were some of the most memorable Datalounge threads?" thread, which was started two weeks ago, apparently wasn't that memorable.

But there was a "What were some of the most memorable Datalounge threads?" thread from about five weeks ago that was more memoralbe than the one which was started two weeks ago.

The one from five weeks ago, said that it was the fifth "What were some of the most memorable Datalounge threads?" thread in six months. Many people agreed, thus it was memorable for that reason alone.

by Anonymousreply 1712/22/2012

JLo vs. Madonna, with Fa

by Anonymousreply 1812/22/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1912/22/2012

I always thought that "I Shit Repeatedly in My Daughter's Open, Hungry Mouth" was a great thread.

by Anonymousreply 2012/22/2012

Present your hole to your cat or summat like that.

by Anonymousreply 2112/22/2012

What's a "soda box", precious? What's a "soda box"?

by Anonymousreply 2212/22/2012

I second "Damn, Teresa Giudice has some ugly kids."

by Anonymousreply 2312/22/2012

Anderson Cooper Collects Hello Kitty

and

My fat roommate sits in my antique chair.

by Anonymousreply 2412/22/2012

The 9/11 thread is unforgettable.

by Anonymousreply 2512/22/2012

I liked the one about the poor guy with two penises, one above the other, as if that really mattered.

by Anonymousreply 2612/22/2012

Serving Instant Coffee instead of Freshly Brewed

The Bread Pudding Lesbian

Is a Baked Potato Bar Dinner Party a Good Idea?

Cash Bars at Weddings

by Anonymousreply 2712/22/2012

Janice the Vegan.

by Anonymousreply 2812/22/2012

An eldergay just hissed at me

Celebrity fragrances

The first almiqui thread

Let's be Portland, Oregon

by Anonymousreply 2912/22/2012

Nick and Kelli

by Anonymousreply 3012/22/2012

Weird Little Girl Next Door

by Anonymousreply 3112/22/2012

The "Let Me Tell You About Deb Messing" threads are the best of all time.

by Anonymousreply 3212/22/2012

ww f0or R8

by Anonymousreply 3312/22/2012

Inviting a fat friend over when you have delicate furniture

Pissing in the Sink

The founder of the gay newspaper/magazine that went ex-gay was fascinating in a sick way.

by Anonymousreply 3412/22/2012

I always enjoy the typos that become legendary -

Graxy, thug duck etc.

But I can't remember if it's Cooked non or cooked not even toast.

by Anonymousreply 3512/22/2012

Non-event toast, R35.

by Anonymousreply 3612/22/2012

[quote] I always enjoy the typos that become legendary -

Why is straight me so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3712/22/2012

The Official Whitney Houston Funeral Coverage Thread

by Anonymousreply 3812/22/2012

A good bottom makes his own lube

by Anonymousreply 3912/22/2012

I just had sex with Janie Lane

by Anonymousreply 4012/22/2012

Nancy Reagan's Casket Dance

by Anonymousreply 4112/22/2012

Any thread Chung Ho participated in

by Anonymousreply 4212/22/2012

No one has mentioned the best EST thread ever, the Lesbian Potluck Wedding! So good because we all pretty much fell for it. Lesbian stereotypes work.

by Anonymousreply 4312/22/2012

Wedding fiascos, especially the post where the "other woman" showed up dressed in black, like Joan Collins, and proceeded to tell the family that the father lost his big corporate job a year or so earlier and SHE was footing the bill for the big day, so she had every right to be there.

It was a long time ago, so I don't remember it all that well, but I think it ended in a few arrests.

I think she was the groom's aunt or something

by Anonymousreply 4412/22/2012

Summarian Housewives and Chick Peas

by Anonymousreply 4512/22/2012

Whatever happened to Chairo?

by Anonymousreply 4612/22/2012

[quote]A good bottom makes his own lube

OMG - LOL! Was there really such a thread?! That is hilarious. I exiled for awhile while the Josh fangurls ruled the roost and that hideous Slocombe was writing the 900,000 Wikipedia entry, so I missed a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 4712/22/2012

"Why is straight me so stupid?"

Why are straight me so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 4812/22/2012

The early Michfest threads. I laughed so hard about some of the posts.

by Anonymousreply 4912/22/2012

My favorite was the thread from the young woman who was an assistant at some production company in Burbank and she had a bithcy boss who had an autistic son or SOMETHING that wasn't quite right. Anyway, one day she brought the son (7 or 8 years old) into the office with her and he proceeded to run around like a maniac (and the mother didn't stop him) and then he ran into the corner of the assistant's cubicle (outside the boss' office) pulled down his pants and took a dump in the corner, and just started crying. The mother came out and wanted to know what the assistant had done to make her cry, she saw the pile and just shrugged and left it there. The cleaning staff overnight didn't touch it either because it was 'hazardous' and the assistant didn't clean it up either. She quit two days later, while the crap was STILL there.

by Anonymousreply 5012/22/2012

The original Golden Girls inconsistencies thread.

by Anonymousreply 5212/22/2012

Well, of course the 9/11 thread remains the top. I saved it on a hard drive maybe 5 computers back.

But for me it was Cut vs. Uncut back in the day - maybe 2000.

by Anonymousreply 5312/22/2012

Bai Ling on the roof!

by Anonymousreply 5412/22/2012

[quote] Non-event toast

I'm pretty sure it was "not event toast," a horrible typo by a bitter queen complaining about the hostess starving her guests at a party. One of my favs.

Also:

Bonnie Mace threads

The Brokeback Mountain movie review by the legendary Homosex Troll.

"Help! I just sent a cell phone video of myself masturbating to my whole family!"

And finally an obscure little thread from years ago about meeting a new running mate who was straight and the nice jogs they took together. No sex, just a friendly little thread. :)

by Anonymousreply 5512/22/2012

The freeper cruise ship photo album

by Anonymousreply 5712/22/2012

Larry Kramer's visit to yell at everyone on World AIDS Day, and David Ehrenstein's immortal response ("Hi, Larry!")

by Anonymousreply 5812/22/2012

Bread pudding/Claire

by Anonymousreply 5912/22/2012

Ginny from Billing

by Anonymousreply 6012/22/2012

It wasn't the title, but salesgirls from the 1930s.

"Then I told Trixie she shoulda slapped that hussy's face!"

by Anonymousreply 6112/22/2012

I think it was something like 19th century shows.

All I remember is "Dancing with the Czars" and "Mother May I Bundle With Percy"

by Anonymousreply 6212/22/2012

Denny Scott Photography -- Denny was (and is) some Midwestern glamour shots/"boudoir" photographer. His stuff was so bad it was like he was a Christopher Guest characters.

Most of the photos came down once DLers began visiting the website and telling their friends. Here's one of the few I could find.

by Anonymousreply 6312/22/2012

The original Helen Lawson thread was hilarious, although the joke has become tired in recent years.

There was a thread by a guy who had a daughter who was so precious that he had to leave his shopping cart in the middle of the supermarket parking lot. LOVED that one.

by Anonymousreply 6412/22/2012

etenmanns celebration cak

by Anonymousreply 6512/22/2012

Tipping with Jam.

by Anonymousreply 6612/22/2012

The cheese farmer who caught his neighbor fucking his goat.

by Anonymousreply 6712/22/2012

If Brokeback Mountain were directed by other directors

The one about (and I'm paraphrasing) creating our own ABC movie-of-the-week.

The thread begun by a drunken Judy "Pills" in which she threatened to drive down to Philly for some reason or other.

Thw weird neighbors down the street

The A.I. thread, in which those who hated it and those who loved it attacked each other ferociously for [bold]days[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 6812/22/2012

Gaylings and Jared Leto

by Anonymousreply 6912/22/2012

The Butterfish thread.

The Stepson/Stepfather thread also done in real time.

by Anonymousreply 7012/23/2012

I just had sex with Jani Lane.

(THREAD CLOSED)

by Anonymousreply 7112/23/2012

The Michfest threads are always good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 7212/23/2012

For or all you DL old timers, just remember... Fresca isn't a diet soda.

by Anonymousreply 7312/23/2012

The original Helen Lawson thread titled "What Was Your Favorite Helen Lawson Show" was one of the funniest goddamn things I have ever read in my life. I couldn't read it at work because I was laughing too much. I wish I'd saved it.

by Anonymousreply 7412/23/2012

The threads where we invaded/hijacked the International House Of Prayer, the retribution posts in our threads from various IHOPers, and the eventual edict by the Webmaster that anymore inter-website warfare would get us banned ... legendary.

The best posts were on IHOP, by DLers; "What if the rapture happens while I'm driving?", "I think my love for Jesus may be homosexual in nature", etc. The IHOPers were initially perplexed at the complexity of our issues, but after several days the lesser DLers showed up and it became obvious we were abusing their "counselling" services.

Best week on DL ever.

by Anonymousreply 7512/23/2012

The 'bread in the refrigerator' thread had me in tears of laughter: "I need to talk to you. NOW! No, not after you take a pee, NOW! I was looking around for something to eat, and what did I find? BREAD! In your REFRIGERATOR! What kind of a man are you? ANSWER ME!" etc. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 7612/23/2012

There was an obnoxious People magazine fluff story on that insane Duggar family on the People website, and the comments from fraus and fundie housewives were so noxious ( many posted anti-gay stuff) that DLers took a field trip and wrote parody posts while pretending to be good little Christian fraus, complete with assumed names like "Thelma Sugarmoobs" and "Velma Breedlove." There was a thread here with the best posts from the People website and they were laugh-out-loud funny. Another thread I wish I'd saved.

by Anonymousreply 7712/23/2012

[quote]The A.I. thread, in which those who hated it and those who loved it attacked each other ferociously for days.

The Justin Guarini autobiography thread was great!

by Anonymousreply 7812/23/2012

Something about "Summer of my Norwegian leg-warmers"?

Or was that when I was LSD?

Possible - I once hid in a cupboard for 12 hours to escape the giant chicken which was chasing me...

by Anonymousreply 7912/23/2012

Sorry - I've just been corrected - it was a giant moorhen, not a chicken (WTF?)

Serves me right for living with a literalist who has an eidetic memory.

Thank god he's lovely...OR I MIGHT GET ANNOYED THAT HE'S LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER AS I TYPE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8012/23/2012

Agree with R32, that Deb Messing-as-a-St-Teresa-type person (or something) was hysterical; by the time it ended with something like, "Qui est-ce cette cunt?", I was on the floor from laughter!

And the yearly "Cube Frau from hells/what to bring to office holiday parties threads" - and where IS such a thread this year?, waaaaaaaaaaaa?? Can't find, sorry. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 8112/23/2012

May I admit here - my- threads? Some were hits, some were misses, some were bombs:

Stevie Nicks kicked my daughter in the vagina ( I think I used the c word) Bombed

My cat Snuggles Mamoody who I played Not without my daughter with

Mixed reception

Entemanns celebration cake

-surprise hit- mainly because of cak, not my horrible ramblings or my obsession with those delicious cakes!

And I am sadly responsible for 80 percent of the early momma posts- including Easter of 2007 where she detailed her sexual exploits spending the entire day in the port authority bathrooms

- bombed- with some fans though

by Anonymousreply 8212/23/2012

ANYTHING by Gilbert Gayling

by Anonymousreply 8312/23/2012

[quote]The original Helen Lawson thread was hilarious, although the joke has become tired in recent years.

More than tired and not even slightly amusing. Nobody has come up with anything close to the original postings. What kind of moron can't stop?

by Anonymousreply 8412/23/2012

Musical Lesbians (or something like that, 2003)

Marilyn Bergman Lesbo

Anything Liza Minnelli Anything David Ehrenstein

by Anonymousreply 8512/23/2012

[quote]Something about "Summer of my Norwegian leg-warmers"?

It was "Summer of My German Leg Warmers" and it was based on a real tv movie with Kristie McNicol and Esther Rolle.

by Anonymousreply 8612/23/2012

Thanks for reminding me about good old Denny Scott photography, r63. Man, that was a good thread. Those pics were gold.

by Anonymousreply 8712/23/2012

I loved the "years and years of high school senior photos" thread from a couple of months ago. Laughed a lot at that one.. I started to post in it the other day but didn't want be accused of being a bump troll.

by Anonymousreply 8812/23/2012

The real-time coverage of Anderson Cooper's reporting of hurricane Ivan n 2004.

The real-time coverage of a red-carpet show with Kathy Griffin, where she asked Michael Cera and that girl that played Maybe on "Arrested Development" to comment on Dakota Fanning entering rehab. I believe this was the origination of the hard-living Dakota and the Dakota vs. Abigail Breslin rivalry DL memes.

by Anonymousreply 8912/23/2012

[quote]I believe this was the origination of the hard-living Dakota and the Dakota vs. Abigail Breslin rivalry DL memes.

I remember when they were funny, but that was long ago.

by Anonymousreply 9012/23/2012

Yes R63!

by Anonymousreply 9112/23/2012

Guy trying to brine a Thanksgiving turkey and things going very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9212/23/2012

Lisa Beamer's Let's Roll Cinnamon Roll shops. They had to remove a corner of the Hoover FBI building to install the first shop.

Bread in the freezer, fridge, or bread box. The OP left DL for awhile and returned many months later to find that the thread was still going.

by Anonymousreply 9312/23/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9401/20/2013

Let the sagas continue.

by Anonymousreply 9512/13/2013

There was a thread a long time ago about someone that dropped a deuce in Joann Fabrics, or Joann Fabrics wouldn't let them use their rest room. I can't remember which, but it was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 9612/13/2013

Shit bra!!!! Coffee cradling.

by Anonymousreply 9712/13/2013

I AM MAN LANDERS. TELL ME YOUR WOES. SINCERELY MAN LANDERS.

Still cracks me up..

Also the one about the old-timey TV shows, like "Top Hat."

by Anonymousreply 9812/13/2013

Many won't believe me, but honestly, this is true. No, not me, I'd never do this. So many of you have good advice and thats why I'm asking. A buddy just called me. He was playing around last night, and put an apple up his butt. It got stuck there. He told me that its still there. I've tried google, he has tried google, and can't find an answer about what to do. An apple is biodegradable so will it come out by itself? Once he has to go to the bathroom, will it push it out? Does he need to go to a doctor?

by Anonymousreply 9912/14/2013

Without question, the Prancing Ponies.

by Anonymousreply 10012/14/2013

Nastiest Person on Broadway, parts 1 & 2

by Anonymousreply 10112/14/2013

The original Sows at the Trough.

The Baked Potato Party.

And the 9/11 thread could be put in a time capsule as far as I'm concerned.

Some of the Academy Awards threads have been great too but not so much recently. They really made that evening an event on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10212/14/2013

Once around the garden.

by Anonymousreply 10312/14/2013

I Trapped My Neighbor's Cat

by Anonymousreply 10412/14/2013

videotaped himself jerked off and accidentally sent it to every phone contact. then he moved away for a fresh start.

by Anonymousreply 10512/14/2013

Lisa Beamer is granting a license to a corporation that plans a chain of Let's Roll shops across the nation that will be selling cinnamon rolls, a favorite of her late hero-husband Todd Beamer. Beamer, the man who uttered "Let's roll" shortly before he died on a hijacked airplane on Sept. 11, requested his wife's special cinnamon rolls after church every Sunday. Lisa Beamer's special recipe will be the foundation of the Let's Roll chain of shops to be placed in high-end malls across America. "In Todd's memory, we'll have a special promotion every Sunday after church time," said Lisa Beamer. "Anyone who places an order for a roll and then says, 'Let's roll' will get one free Todd Beamer Let's Roll cinnamon roll. His signature on our marriage license will be reproduced on all the napkins at the Let's Roll stores. I feel that this will help people to remember who he was." The decor of the shops will be based on the decor of the Beamer home and will include a bookcase filled with Bibles and religious-themed books. "People will think they are sitting in our den as they eat their Let's Roll rolls," said Beamer. "We'll also sell non-caffinated and non-alcoholic beverages at the shops." The first shop is expected to open on September 11 at the corner of 9th Street and Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, DC.

by Anonymousreply 10612/14/2013

Jason Priestly is NOT gay

by Anonymousreply 10712/14/2013

I just bumped the "bread in the fridge" thread.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 10812/15/2013

if you ask tig notaro those would be the one's she had deleted.

by Anonymousreply 10901/11/2014

the daphne zuniga threat nearly saved my life.

by Anonymousreply 11001/11/2014

The ones that brought tears of laughter were the Red Dragon cheese, free soda refills at the Italian restaurant, Datalounge in other times.

So much wit on this site.

by Anonymousreply 11101/11/2014

"What's your favorite Helen Lawson musical?"

That thread was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 11201/11/2014

r43, I'll agree to disagree with you.

The best elaborate scenario thread ever was: "I'm in Love With My Father-in-Law."

Truly, if for no other reason then to school would-be est posters on how it's done effectively, that is a thread that should be archived. What compelling schlock, with hundreds of posters hanging on for the ride.

Of course, at first, most of us fell for it hook, line, and sinker until the OP skillfully, subtly changed the tone of the posts letting it finally dawn on you that we'd been had.

Bravo to that OP.

by Anonymousreply 11301/11/2014

Turkey meatballs/I'm not running a B&B was the one DL thread that made me pee myself. It had everything, from helpful advice to withering sarcasm along with an indignant OP who kept digging himself further and further into a hole.

Once Around the Garden was an elaborate scenario I really enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 11401/11/2014

A few more:

"Man dies from fucking a horse." I felt so guilty giggling at the responses to that thread but I couldn't help it. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

"I Just Shot a 3 foot Iguana In My Back Yard." by Daniel Boon.

by Anonymousreply 11501/11/2014

Cupcakes, Macaroons, Macarons. So funny.

I thought for certain somebody gonna get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 11601/12/2014

I liked the one where the guy lived in a house cut up into apartments, but there was a secret room in the basement with recording equipment. There was also something strange about a car in the garage. I think the secret room was accessed through a trap door in a closet.

by Anonymousreply 11701/13/2014

The graxy thread was pretty funny, considering it was supposed to be about gravy.

by Anonymousreply 11801/15/2014

Did you save the whole thing R106? I started that thread and probably wrote some of the things in your post. I picked the location for the first shop to be in the corner occupied by the J.E.Hoover FBI building. It seemed like a good place for a Fundie Pubbie shop.

by Anonymousreply 11901/15/2014

Miss Warwick

by Anonymousreply 12001/15/2014

memorable bump

by Anonymousreply 12106/25/2014

R121, your bump was not very memorable.

by Anonymousreply 12206/25/2014

"Famous JonBenets in History, and Their Accomplishments"

by Anonymousreply 12306/26/2014

Bread pudding

by Anonymousreply 12406/26/2014

WHEN DO THE

by Anonymousreply 12506/26/2014

Fresca!

The Taylor Hanson threads

by Anonymousreply 12606/26/2014

I liked that one where the guy had an alkie boyfriend who he was cheating on with another alkie, and he's asking for advice on how to get cash out of the first alkie, which he sees as a sort of payment for services rendered as boyfriend e.g. sex.

He copped 600 barrels of shit but I tthought he was fun.

by Anonymousreply 12706/26/2014

Let's Roll Cinnamon Roll shops.

Should bread be kept in the fridge, freezer or breadbox?

Lesbian potluck wedding reception. They didn't want to spend money because they were saving for a honeymoon trip to Phoenix from Jacksonville, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 12806/26/2014

"JULIE"!

It's all about JULIE; always has been, always will be. Everything leads to and from Julie; it's kinda like 6 Degrees of Separation, but to the infinite power!

by Anonymousreply 12906/27/2014

Mame, Hello Dolly, and South Pacific threads are memorable. Not because they were great, because they keep going on and on and on for years.

by Anonymousreply 13006/27/2014

"My Sister-in-Law 'phobed me Part II".

Pt. I is up, but Part II seems to be gone. It was the most fabulous and funny story I'd read in a long time.

If anyone has the Part II text from its author, then I'd love it to be posted here or somewhere again, because I missed it, thinking that it would stay here for a much longer time.

by Anonymousreply 13106/27/2014

Things we can't do anymore threads, still best ever.

by Anonymousreply 13206/27/2014

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 13306/27/2014

The original one is gone, r133.

There a lame one from 2012 referencing the first one, but it sucks.

r132, when was that? I don't remember that thread.

by Anonymousreply 13406/27/2014

The bread in the fridge was so many years ago that it was probably deleted when they did the housecleaning and dumped most of the archives.

by Anonymousreply 13506/27/2014

Let's Pretend We're in a Stevie Nicks Video!

by Anonymousreply 13606/27/2014

Things we used to do but can't anymore. Best writing and stories ever at DL.

by Anonymousreply 13706/27/2014

The guy who used to work in a NYC bathhouse and listed a lot of the celebs who were customers.

by Anonymousreply 13807/04/2014

Sows at the Trough

Carwash Queen

The Nasty Pig Rude Sales Bottom

The original Helen Lawson threads

Baked Potato Bar

The Original MichFest Thread

by Anonymousreply 13907/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.