Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

To all the fatties and former fatties

What are your most embarrassing, or sad "fat moments" ?? What did you (or do you) miss out on because of your weight?

1) I broke my friends toilet seat.

2) I couldn't fit in any chairs at a fancy dinner party. All the chairs had arms on them. I was mortified.

3) I missed several family events because of my weight. I was too embarrassed to be in photos and I didn't want people to see me like that.

4) Went on a trip to Italy and was always the fattest person around. Was hot, uncomfortable and not able to enjoy myself the way I should have. A "dream trip" fucked up all because of my weight. (aka, being a lazy ass)

I have lost 50lbs since then, exercise 6 days a week and will never go back to that. Remembering these things always helps me to keep up the good work.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2020 3:54 AM

I don't believe that anyone who could get on an airplane could also break someone's toilet seat.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2012 8:02 PM

Having to opt out of booth seating at restaurants is my biggest one, but I definitely empathize with OP. I've discovered juicing and am changing my diet completely. Congratulations OP on your weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2012 8:03 PM

If you only had 50lbs to lose, you were never too fat to squeeze your ass into a chair.

You're likely e obsessed fat troll.. The same troll who keeps posting all the shit about eating cum and HIV.

by Anonymousreply 3December 12, 2012 8:06 PM

I'm 6'1" and I had to buy pants with a 30 inch waist.

I. Died. A. Thousand. Deaths.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2012 8:07 PM

[quote]If you only had 50lbs to lose, you were never too fat to squeeze your ass into a chair.

I have lost 50lbs SO FAR. I never said I was finished.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2012 8:10 PM

OP never said he was finished losing. Some of you can't read.

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2012 8:11 PM

I was so fat NYE 2010, and also so DRUNK (which is why I was fat) that I fell down on the ground and it took FOUR people to pull me up. The whole time I was screaming, "You bastard hit me! You hit me!" even though no one touched me except to help.

Yeah, they're not friends with me anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2012 8:12 PM

I developed all kinds of problems from being obese. One of which was losing control of my bowels. Once at a friend's house, I pooped all over the floor. I couldn't get in my car. I simply couldn't fold myself into the correct position. I couldn't masturbate. I couldn't wipe my ass. I had to shower after each bowel explosion with a hand held shower attachment. I had to have my mattress reinforced with concrete blocks. I did lose all the weight, but now having great folds of flesh from where the lard used to be. disgusting, and I still wear my fat clothes in order to hide them.

by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2012 8:17 PM

[quote]I don't believe that anyone who could get on an airplane could also break someone's toilet seat.

Wooden toilet seats are very easy to break. They break along the growth rings. And since they are usually painted white, you can't tell the difference between wood or plastic. Obese people should always buy plastic toilet seats.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2012 9:06 PM

Someone once asked if I was pregnant. I am a man. Humiliation on two fronts.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2012 9:10 PM

Congratulations OP and good luck on losing the rest of what you want to lose.

by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2012 9:11 PM

I was never obese but in my late 20's I piled on the pounds.

About 10 years ago I lost 40 pounds through very moderate dieting (3 normal size meals a day, and a piece of fruit as an occasional snack) and regular exercise.

I've fluctuated the off 5lbs here and there over the years but kept the weight off by maintaining my 'diet' at least 5 days a week and cycling to work and back every day.

by Anonymousreply 12December 12, 2012 9:12 PM

I accidentally dropped six cupcakes on the kitchen floor. They landed frosting side down. Picture me, on the floor eating the "unruined" parts.

Wanted to shoot myself afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 13December 12, 2012 9:19 PM

Since this is unfortunately a majority hetty society, women never took the time of day with me. I lost a ton of weight and now they are smiling at me,they hang on to every word I say my subordinates seem to respect me.When I was fat I was invisible.

by Anonymousreply 14December 12, 2012 9:27 PM

OP Those were probably cheap seats. Mine used to break about every 3 years. Finally I bought a slightly more expensive one in 2005 and I have not had to replace it so far.

by Anonymousreply 15December 12, 2012 9:33 PM

You cannot just diet. You must exercise often and hard to make a real difference in your size and health. Switch your compulsion to the gym. It works!

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2012 9:34 PM

[quote]I have lost 50lbs since then

Well good on you

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2012 9:40 PM

When I farted and a baby came out and I didn't lose any weight.

It was hidjous.

by Anonymousreply 18December 12, 2012 9:42 PM

Many I'm a woman and I wasn't Obese about a size 14-12 us. I wanted to buy a dress a formal one and they treated me like shit and a shop assistant even bugged into the changing room claiming I rip the dress and then I heard her talking to some other employee about me right next to the changing too . It was an ultimate fucking piss take and I felt like shit but I wasn't even that fat, my newest experience I gained a shitload of weight recently and had a crush for a boy on the Internet when we met after a while he said I'm not his type because of my body. I literally died inside and I hate myself because if I lost enough weight before meeting him I would have maybe had a nice lil romance going. I was dieting and exercising like mad before we met for like a month but I was still too big for him. It sucks... Very depressing and its Awfull Thank god a few Boys Hit on me infront of him made me Feel a Bit better. Im European btw.

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2012 9:48 PM

R19, don't give up. How tall are you? My sister is a size 12, but she is 5'11" and looks very fit.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2012 9:54 PM

I didn't have any moments like OP, but about 10 years ago during a struggle with depression and a job I hated I gained about 40 pounds. One day I got on the scale and it read 195. I'm a 5'4 woman. I said to myself "Oh hell no, I am not going to weigh 200 pounds". At that point I was the "skinny" girl in Lane Bryant (it's true, really), but that was as far as I was willing to go. 200 pounds was a psychological barrier I could not bear to cross.

I immediately cut out alcohol, junk food, and eating out, and effortlessly lost 25 pounds. I lost another 40 over about a year by going low carb. I'm currently about 25 pounds over my target weight, but I've never gotten near my one-time high and am back on low carb for good.

by Anonymousreply 21December 12, 2012 9:59 PM

Thanks R20 tho Im Bigger now then a size 12 Im a 14 Im 5.9. But I am Big Really. Ive Always fluctuated in weight. Was even a size 6.

by Anonymousreply 22December 12, 2012 10:05 PM

[quote]You must exercise often and hard to make a real difference in your size and health.

You have to exercise often, but you don't have to exercise "hard." Just 45 minutes a day 5 days a week of walking will get you to lose a considerable amount of weight if you start eating sensibly too.

by Anonymousreply 23December 12, 2012 10:08 PM

R20, a size 14 is not "that" big if you are 5"9". You would look amazing in a size 10. That's only about 25lbs. Get off your ass, eat right, and you could have it handled in 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 24December 12, 2012 10:13 PM

[quote]You cannot just diet. You must exercise often and hard to make a real difference in your size and health.

Complete bullshit. By all means I recommend everyone be active and being active is awesome, but you can lose weight through diet, honestly, most of losing weight is about what you are eating, not working out.

by Anonymousreply 25December 12, 2012 10:28 PM

[quote]but you can lose weight through diet, honestly..

And you will be a flabby fuck.

by Anonymousreply 26December 12, 2012 10:30 PM

R24 Yeah Im Not obese although thats how I Feel and everyone Treats me like I am Even my dentist was like wondering what happened, I guess its also because I am youngish. I am trying to diet but Not everyday does it go as intended. Being depressed and a lil sad bout that boy doesn't help... Tho working out would help with depression but I have 0 energy n motivation. I'd love to be a size 10 ahhh that would b great.

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2012 10:35 PM

R27 (etc..) I am curious about your writing style. Your punctuation (and lack thereof) as well as odd capitalization is odd.

But get off your ass and exercise anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2012 10:41 PM

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2012 10:47 PM

R28 I'm European and I don't always make an effort. Usually I speak German. Also to contribute more to the thread and feed the voyeuristic needs of some readers, when I go shopping I never find shit where I live finding nice clothing size 14 or 44/46 where I live. And the women who work there give me looks. When I was slimmer I was still made out to be big I have huge boobs and I thought maybe that had something to do with it and I do have a naturally not small frame. I'm always weary of eating in front of others, and I have been called fatty on the street. I never broke anything, but when I go out to a club I sweat so bad I look like it rained on me. And I do get passive aggressive comments from friends. The one time when I was a size 6/8 some girls who I reckon now must have been jealous, still made me out to be fat and I believed it. I remember once talking to my friend over the phone n O heard her bf saying in the background saying " u spk to the fat one"? N that was when I was an 8.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2012 10:54 PM

Most of my embarrassing fat moments involve not fitting into clothes.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2012 10:57 PM

R30, fuck 'em. But you really *should* make an effort to get back to a size where you are comfortable.

PS: Many times assholes will call a woman fat even when she isn't - only because that's one of the worst things you can say to a girl. If you want to hurt a woman, call her fat, or a cow, etc.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2012 11:00 PM

I'm 5'3" and have been from 115 to 150.

by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2012 11:03 PM

R33, is 150lbs obese for 5"3" ?? That's about 30lbs overweight, yes?

by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2012 11:05 PM

R32 Yeah I know that guy I liked just said I'm not his type but then I pushed him to say that's it's because of my weight. Shit thing is we fooled around when we were drunk and it seems like he regretted it. God I felt shit, and although I initiated the sexual encounter he did seem to enjoy it n he started the really sexual part. I do feel a bit more motivated after writing here and reading some encouraging posts, ha!

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2012 11:05 PM

150 is not obese for 5'3", merely overweight.

by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2012 11:09 PM

Well R35, everyone has a preference. You can't be mad because he doesn't like your body type. Although he obviously liked it enough to fuck you in private. Asshole.

So. Either lose the weight - you don't have a lot to lose, so you are lucky there. OR, find a guy who likes curvy broads. There are a lot of them out there.

by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2012 11:14 PM

R37 I'm not mad at him just sad about it, and it was me who started the making out n we where drunk. I know that someone like a bit of butter on the biscuit but I myself like it when I'm slimmer. I. Truly believe that anyone over the size 16 saying there happy with their weight is kidding themselfs. I do worry about this culture where fat is a bit too encouraged in stark contrast to skinny being idolised more then ever. It's shit that now somehow being chubby is seen as empowering and feministic in a way.

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2012 11:20 PM

1) When size 3X clothes started to feel snug.

2) Running out of breath after walking up a flight of stairs

3) My inability to maintain a full erection

4) When a co-worker parked too close to me as a joke and I couldn't fit between the cars to open the door

It was March of 2009 when I finally said "enough!" and I started making a diligent effort to eat healthier and exercise. I've lost 120 pounds or so, but still cannot shake my sugar cravings (I have a 'cheat day' or a cheat meal once a week, and want to stop doing that), so I'm making plans to go on an all-out fast/restriction on junk food, alcohol, and not eating out so much starting in January. My social life vastly improved this year, but with that came increased alcohol consumption and eating out at restaurants that aren't always low-carb friendly.

My goal in 2013 is to become more disciplined. I'm still within the 225-230 range and have maintained/plateaued that weight more or less since this past spring, but I'm only 5'11" and want to get to 175-180 to get rid of my belly fat...Oh, and to see if I can get a different caliber of men to look my way - chubby and downright obese dudes are drawn to me like a fly to shit and while I don't mind the attention (and somewhat empathetic because that was me not long ago), I'm not sexually attracted to them. I prefer men who are about my weight and smaller. Yeah, it's shallow, but hey, I know what I like and know what I have to do in order to get to a leaner body.

And while the "1 inch for every 35 lost" mantra isn't always true, let's just say its easier to see an entire flagpole from a savanna than it is from behind a hill ;-)

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2012 11:23 PM

So keep us posted on your progress R38.

by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2012 11:24 PM

[quote]4) When a co-worker parked too close to me as a joke and I couldn't fit between the cars to open the door

That's FUCKED UP.

Anyhow, way to go losing all that weight though, wow. You sound like you have a good and healthy attitude.

[quote]And while the "1 inch for every 35 lost" mantra isn't always true,

LOL, what?

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2012 11:27 PM

R40 that me laugh. Yeah I will. I'd love to have something to show off with.

by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2012 11:30 PM

OMG R30 please do not post anymore. You write like a fucking 7th grader.

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2012 11:31 PM

R43 Oh but I sure will continue writing, my anonymous bitter friend

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2012 11:40 PM

Sorry to tell you, but if you don't workout vigorously, you will not be toned. Just walking will not give you a sexy body.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2012 11:45 PM

R45 is right. I see guys and women who diet and spend hours on the treadmill and eliptical. They never look toned.

Do 45 minutes of cardio and ADD 30 minutes of weightlifting. You need to SCULPT your body.

I got a trainer and have started lifting - and my god, the difference in just 3 months has been ridiculous. I only lift about 30/40 minutes 3 or 4 days a week. Nothing crazy, I don't want to be "buff", just toned with some definition.

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2012 11:52 PM

R41 - Thanks! It's been a lot of hard work but it has been worth it.

As for the "1 Inch gained for every 35 pounds" statement, I was referring to the penis and how it's affected by weight loss. That urban legend has been around for awhile. There is truth to it, BUT it's more of a proportion/optical illusion/whats exposed more with less fat sort of thing rather than it actually growing when weight is lost.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2012 11:58 PM

[quote]I was so fat NYE 2010, and also so DRUNK (which is why I was fat) that I fell down on the ground and it took FOUR people to pull me up. The whole time I was screaming, "You bastard hit me! You hit me!" even though no one touched me except to help.

Liza, honey, you aren't THAT fat.

by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2012 12:45 AM

[quote]Wooden toilet seats are very easy to break.

Where the hell are there still wooden toilet seats?

by Anonymousreply 49December 13, 2012 12:46 AM

Sat on the end of a bench and the kid on the other end was bounced off, because that side of the bench popped up like a see saw when I sat down.

That was a long time ago and I'm so glad I lost the weight.

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2013 3:49 PM

[quote] You're likely e obsessed fat troll.. The same troll who keeps posting all the shit about eating cum and HIV.

Bingo!

The nasty tone is a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 51September 6, 2013 4:09 PM

[quote]If you only had 50lbs to lose, you were never too fat to squeeze your ass into a chair.

It really depends on height and body shape. 50lbs is a huge amount if you're a short woman.

by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2013 4:34 PM

This is a post where "OP types fat" actually applies!!

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2013 6:04 PM

The sweats. With my weight gain came high blood pressure and the sweating. It got to the point where if I sat outside with my friends for lunches, my back and butt would sweat so much that my pants would be wet in the back, like I sat in a puddle. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2013 6:52 PM

Not being or having been fat, I'll have to share my experiences with fat visitors:

A fat family moved into our house to visit - my partners' cousins and two children - and they literally took up so much space we had to move into an empty apartment across the street. The 17 year old broke a new bed, and complained it was only a queen-size. The frame snapped and the box springs were completely damaged.

The wife pulled two doorknobs off the door. Two days in a row we found them on the dining table. "Oops," she said.

As we fixed dinner they would rush out to get and eat fast food because they were afraid we wouldn't fix enough.

When my partner took them to the mountains, they merely wanted to stop at every fast food spot and couldn't care less about scenery or anything else. They sat in a Wendy's for an extra half hour because they wanted more items brought to the buffet (yes, a Wendy's buffet) to replenish the ones they had wiped out. And the 17 year old used the men's room, and broke the toilet to the extent that the room flooded and had to be closed. And the workers would come running out of the rest room gagging as they attempted to unclog and reattach.

And, yes, they not only broke the toilet seat, they snapped the connection of the toilet to the floor.

When they told us after six days they weren't sure how long they were staying, we told them they were leaving the next day.

by Anonymousreply 55September 6, 2013 7:22 PM

It's interesting to read also the perspective of the non-obese people who have been involved in such problem situations.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2013 4:47 AM

R55 Your story is pure bullshit and you are a misanthrope.

I bet you're racist, too.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2013 5:12 AM

R56 Like reading the KKK's perspective on a cross burning.

Hey, OP, keep the weight off for 5 years and develop some empathy. Until then, you and the exercise anorexics can shut the fuck up, before your mania affects the sane.

For those overweight, find a Dr. with a good track record. Document what you try, results, to find what works for you.

Being regular-sized is euphoric at first, but you're still you. Don't let the fucking assholes rent space in your head.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2013 5:23 AM

R3 is correct.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2013 5:28 AM

[quote]Hey, OP, keep the weight off for 5 years and develop some empathy. Until then, you and the exercise anorexics can shut the fuck up, before your mania affects the sane.

Gee R58, WTF did OP do?

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2013 5:50 AM

OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS. Exercise is part of it but you can gain weight while exercising. If you can go on a restricted diet and add exercise through a company like Weight Watchers, go for it. You'll pick up some great diet tips!

But if you can't stick to a diet and really, really want to lose weight, Overeaters Anonymous is a great place to meet others who deal with your same situation and where you can interact with lots of people maintaining 100plus pound weight losses.

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2013 6:49 AM

Y'all! My cooter is itchin so BAD right now! I AM SERIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2013 9:45 PM

I broke the actual toilet, not the seat.

by Anonymousreply 63September 9, 2013 9:34 PM

I once broke the seat in an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater from bouncing up and down while laughing. While on a date I might add.

by Anonymousreply 64September 9, 2013 9:37 PM

bump!

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2014 4:57 PM

Aww, R64, that's rough :(

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2014 5:06 PM

I've broken five beds in four years.

I've lost more than 50 pounds several times and somehow most of it comes back. You just have to take your attention off it for a week or two and it's unbelievable how fast it all goes wrong.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2014 6:05 PM

Not having friends growing up, and not being able to find work.

Thin people don't want to be friends with fatties, and other fatties don't want to be seen around fatties.

As for work--most employers correlate being fat with being lazy, which is fine; but also think we're stupid, which is not right.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2014 8:15 PM

When I was 12 years old, I ate all the chocolate bars I was suppose to sell for school. I had to ask my parents for the money, and explain why I needed it.

Thinking back, I could have just lied and said I spent the money, but chose to tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2014 8:18 PM

Button popped off my shirt at work.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Troll!

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2020 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!